15 years helping British businesses

About UKG Ready

UKG Ready is the all-in-one HR solution that guides and empowers your people to make their day-to-day easier.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Pros:

The cost for UKG is better than most HRIS and payroll management companies.

Cons:

Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years. Company seems too large to be nimble.

UKG Ready ratings

7.7/10

UKG Ready has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 876 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UKG Ready before?

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UKG Ready stores all HR data in a database

Comments: The program is fantastic, and I appreciate being able to manage Payroll, TLM, and Benefits Open Enrollment in one location. UKG Ready eliminates the need for employees to manually enroll and maintain their personal information and leave balances.

Pros:

The information is available to all employees so they may keep it up to date through regular reviews and edits. From a human resources perspective, everything is stored in a centralized database. When it comes to tracking time and managing resources, Kronos has everything a medium to large business may need.

Cons:

There is no drawback, everything functions properly, and it greatly improves the quality of life for Human Resources experts. UKG has highly trained employees who are experts in their own system.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

This online time keeping system for UKG is incredible

Comments: Paper-based or outmoded systems are being phased out in favor of a unified digital hub governed by uniform guidelines. Because of this, we have been able to push for the automation and uniformity of time-keeping.

Pros:

Employee timekeeping for hourly and salaried workers alike. Time and work order information for hourly workers is recorded. Time worked by salaried personnel is recorded, but only for the purposes of allocating allowances and matching task orders.

Cons:

It's possible that you'll hit a roadblock if your restrictions are very intricate. For instance, if your company is subject to CBA regulations, you may need to get inventive with your method or setup.

Asnath
Assistant Projects Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

A Sensational and Productive Human Resources Management Solution.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It is a convenient solution for talent acquisition and management.It is a reliable platform for employees compensation management.

Pros:

It is simple to administer and manage employees benefits with UKG Ready.It is simple to generate employees payroll with this tool.It is simple to to measure and manage employees work performance with this tool.It is reliable tool for employees work scheduling.

Cons:

I haven't experienced anything that is challenging with UKG Ready.

Shalonda
Sales Associates in US
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

UKG Review

3.0 last week New

Pros:

The fact that they have an app to use on our phones.

Cons:

The many attempts it would take to log in.

Daniel
Managing Partner in US
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

perfect for small to mid-size companies

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

UKG Ready is solution that simplifies managing talent, payroll, and time, so teams can concentrate on growth and truly make a difference for their people. The good thing is it also has a phone application. I tried the android version of their app which was very satisfactory.

Cons:

It could be more compatible with large size companies considering the fact that many companies that starts with UKG grow very fast.

Chandan
Chandan
Associate Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

UKG- a very capable tool for all your talent needs

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

1. Excellent interfaces 2. Modern designed dashboard 3. Helpful team

Cons:

1. A bit pricy 2. Not very mobile friendly 3. API integration is not smooth

Shawntel
Authorization Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Wonderful for company use!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Love this app and will recommend it to other companies.

Pros:

It is simple to use and very easy to access.

Cons:

When have to fix an error in your time, it can be a little difficult.

tim
member specialist in US
Civic & Social Organization, 10,000+ Employees

not user friendly

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: not the greatest. not very user friendly. It could be a lot more user friendly

Pros:

some features work very well. if you just gotta check a work schedule

Cons:

so much here, overall ease of use is poor. the simplicity of it is so poor.

Heather
Cma in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Interesting system

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It’s quick and easy to access. Easy to read

Cons:

Hard to use for tax purposes. Not easily usable

Bill
CFO in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

UKG Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

UKG allows out hourly employees to clock in and out on their cell phones.

Cons:

It can be a little cumbersome to use especially from the administrator level.

SCOTT
Director - HR Support in US
Sports, 201–500 Employees

Buyer's remorse - However I will update review in 6 months. My view may change.

Comments: 100% of our admin staff working with the new Kronos system is unhappy with it. We all agree that it seems like it is too complicated. We came from PayCom and it was soooooooooo intutive. So straight forward. And much cheaper. Kronos needs to come up with 5-8 templates that are a basic look for how the build-out would look. I think when they try to be all things to all clients they end up being overly complicated. They need to reduce 80% of the options. In hindsight we should have purchased a simpler system.

Pros:

The potential is what I like most. The demo team from Kronos, during our research phase, far outshined the competition on how Kronos would make our lives better. However, that is not the case in reality. I will update this review in 6 months to see is this is improving. Customer service is trying to help. But literally every day is a struggle.

Cons:

* Too many options * Too many drop-downs * Too complicated * Can't drag and drop * The set-up process was entirely from scratch with no examples to go from, no best practices * NOT INTUTIVE in the slightest * Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years * Company seems too large to be nimble * We invested well over 500 EE hours in set-up? Do you want your staff doing that? * I feel like we are at the programmers level, this barely seems like software from this decade * Customer serve gives off the vibe we should know more than we know

5 years ago

Hello Scott, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. We understand you are having some issues with the Workforce Ready product and want to work with you on how to resolve these issues. We have contacted your sales rep and they should be reaching out to you to get more of your feedback within the coming days and schedule a one on one session. If you have any more feedback that you'd like to share please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Thank you again for your review, Alaina Froton Customer Marketing Specialist

Adriane
Mobile Expert in US
Consumer Electronics, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Kronos Mobile VS Kronos Desktop

Comments: The overall experience is positive. I have been using Kronos in the work environment for over 4 years and the software has drastically improved. I feel that additional tweaks on the desktop software could really make a difference in user experience and minor tweaks in the app would make it perfect. I think that the app is great for everyday smartphone users, but the desktop software could really be the most beneficial for management.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use Krono’s on a smart phone. The Kronos app on both android and iOS are extremely easy to navigate and are not drastically complicated to understand. If anything the app itself is very straightforward and also easy enough to give clear directions to another user. Overall, my favorite thing about this app is the ability to request time off. Putting in a request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it’s equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Kronos has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn’t take as long to login like it used to. Putting in the request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it’s equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Krono‘s has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn’t take as long to login like it used to

Cons:

I feel that the software is generally straightforward and pretty easy to navigate, but there are just a few features that could use some tweaking or updates. for example when I log into Krono‘s on the mobile app and want to look at my weekly schedule it can be a little confusing since the week is shown in a vertical format rather than a horizontal week format. The reason that this becomes a little confusing is due to the amount of numbers that are showing on one screen in a Vertical list format. For example the schedule would show 9/1 and then underneath, the timeframe for work would show 9 AM to 1 PM. Although I am not dyslexic myself I feel that this could be a little bit more friendly to people who struggle with visual number reception. If it were to show a printable pdf option as well, that could be very beneficial for users who like a tangible schedule. The next thing about Kronos that I would like to discuss is that the application is far more user-friendly for requesting time off than the desktop Kronos software. It’s almost an Easter egg hunt to try to find the option to request time off on the desktop. Additionally, the amount of time it takes to log into the desktop to punch in for work is a bit annoying. Lastly, I wish there was an option for a shift request. For example, if a person wanted to work In the evening as a “request” they could submit it to management to approve. It would be useful for small things.

Susan
Assistant HR Director
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Less than satisfied

Comments: We implemented and went live 1/1/2017 with Time and Attendance and Scheduler. The Scheduler had so many features missing on 1/1/17, we had to postpone implementation until the 4/1/17 release date. Every time we ask a functionality question, the answer is "That's a good idea, maybe we can incorporate that in a later release." Not necessarily a good response, when someone is paying you to use software and your question is something you said it could do in the demo. The 3 months worth of credit for our billing I have yet to see applied to our account. And there are the time clocks, well 5 months in and I am working on getting my third one to see if it will work correctly. First one we bought was compatible with barcodes. We purchased barcodes from a Kronos recommended supplier to fine out they were not compatible with the new clocks. When told we should have sent them in to be tested, I had the response "but we bought them where you told us to buy them." Then, we sent our proximity badges in for evaluation to change from a barcode scanner clock to a proximity badge scanner. Almost a month to get the test results that they worked with the clock, another month to get a correct order form to sign, then 3 weeks to ship to us all to find out Kronos ordered us the incorrect time clock reader. So I am almost 3 months into a process that has been a huge waste of my teams time. We use a small portion of this product and will think twice before we ever expand it.

Pros:

I like the core of the product line, the Time and Attendance module. It is easy to use and the self service is easy for employees to understand. Our consulting team doing the implementation has been great to work with.

Cons:

Customer Service with this product has been huge disappointment. Tech Support has been even worse. And don't plan to get a response on anything unless you contact them with a follow-up.

7 years ago

Hello Susan, Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the experience you have had thus far with the Workforce Ready solution. I have escalated your feedback to the appropriate stakeholders, and I welcome you to contact me directly so that we can speak further about what you would like to see in the product and submit these ideas to our product management team, as well as help resolve the issues you have been experiencing with our time clocks and support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at [email protected]. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

UI needs an overhaul!

Comments: Tracking time, meeting company financial objectives

Pros:

It saves the previous selections for the time-card rows, which makes it easier to enter time from one time period to the next. Also, it's Java-based and can, ostensibly, run on any platform.

Cons:

1. EITHER the columns should auto-size to the larger of the field size and header size and not be sized equally to fit on the display area on the monitor OR it should "remember" the user's preferences when it comes to column size. 2. The pop-up windows (e.g. when looking up "Transfer"/project, entering start/end dates for reports) should open on the *same* screen where the "parent" window is. Having it display on the "left-most" display is, frankly, a PIA. 3. The date format in the headers should be time-zone specific (e.g. mm/dd for US/CAN and dd/mm for EU) 4. The list of values for the "Transfer"/project column that pops up when the mouse pointer is placed in that field should not display right away (maybe add a bit of a delay); this would allow users to copy the current value if needed. 5. There should be a more user-friendly way of exporting the data for any time frame (say, into Excel) that makes it easier to manipulate the exported data (e.g. pivot tables, aggregate functions, etc.) the current UI does not provide this capability and the "report" is practically unusable. 6. The tool does not function in Chrome and repeatedly asks for Java to be installed (which it already is). Likely means that the tool needs to find the JAVA_HOME environment variable and use that to run.

4 years ago

Greetings, Thanks so much for your review. We have spent a considerable amount of time updating the new user interface and would love to be able to give you a demo if you have not started using it. There are also great resource on the Community New UI page found at (https://community.kronos.com/s/newui) Please email me at [email protected] and we can set you up with a Kronos Expert to help with any questions you may have. Thanks again for your review Alaina Froton Customer Marketing Specialist

Lisa
HR/IT Technology Specialist
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features.

Comments: Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.

Pros:

1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting. 2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with. 3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc. 4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Cons:

1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider. 2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site. 3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements. 4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered. 5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.

Penny
Total Rewards Manager
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Ease of Going Paperless

Comments: Kronos Workforce Ready has lead us in the direction we have been wanting to go with reducing the amount of paper we process in HR and Payroll daily and allowed us to have more efficient, instant communication with our employees. We are utilizing the Onboarding process. We allow employees to make demographic changes and view their payroll data, such as pay statements, as a self-service option. We are beginning the benefits enrollment which will automatically add the payroll deductions to payroll. Our payroll processing has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day. Chasing down lost paperwork that was sent through the mail is no longer an issue. We have recently completed the integration with Workforce Central's Timekeeper.

Pros:

Kronos has taken us to the next level in service that we were looking for. It is very easy to use for creating your own reports and importing data. We couldn't be more pleased with how they helped us work through our custom profit sharing allocation.

Cons:

There are often updates that we are waiting for to continue what we would like to accomplish with the Kronos software. Although it automates several of our paper process and gave us efficiencies, there are now processes that we need to track manually and audit by hand. The third party tax software is more time-consuming than before. We were breaking ground with integrating the Workforce Central Timekeeper with Workforce Ready. We chose Workforce Central over Workforce Ready Time Labor Management due to the complexity of our work force. If you can use one system, I would recommend Workforce Ready.

Caleb
Programmer/Reports Analyst in US
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1,000 Employees

Kronos - an excellent HCM software

Comments: We were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.

Pros:

Kronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.

Cons:

The feature I like least about Kronos Workforce Ready is the manual accrual management feature available . You are tasked with real manual work whenever it comes to uploading hours for employees as there is currently no mass edit option available to apply hours across the board to all selected employees, instead you must load all selected employees into the bucket and scroll through them one by one and apply the credit and whatever other in formations are required to be filled in.

Doug
Vice President in US
Food & Beverages

I cannot recommend Kronos Workforce Ready to anyone

Pros:

I can't think of any attribute of the Workforce Ready product that I particularly like. My experience with Kronos is that they produce good time and attendance software, but I personally have not seen any evidence that they have any expertise producing HRIS software.

Cons:

The Kronos Workforce Ready product reminds me of an old fashioned data processing program from 20 years ago. It is not at all user friendly or intuitive. I have used it daily for one year and still am frequently puzzled by the way it is organized (or disorganized). I spend significant time searching for the information I want. Incredibly, the turnover calculation function has not worked correctly for the two years my company has owned the Workforce Ready product. Kronos has known all this time that their turnover function is flawed, but I don't think it is corrected yet; it doesn't appear to be fixed to me. Producing reports from Workforce Ready is cumbersome. The user must pick the data elements for the report from very long lists of fields that truly appear to me to be in no logical order whatsoever. I know that sounds hard to believe, but if there is some logic to the lists of fields, I have yet to understand it. The training information provided by Kronos to teach the user to use Workforce Ready is mostly written documents rather than videos. I personally find videos easier to understand, but Kronos offers only a handful of them. There are many topics I would like to learn about that are not covered at all in any of Kronos' training materials.

8 years ago

Thank you for your review – I understand you have connected with your sales representative and we are actively working to resolve the issues that you shared with us. While we were disappointed to read about your experience we appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to resolving your issues. All the best, Holly Bouffard Workforce Ready Community Manager

Dawn
HR Generalist
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

Most Comprehensive System on the Market

Comments: My organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.

Pros:

I love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.

Cons:

The reporting functions in WFR are robust but each organization has specific reports required by leadership. Enhancing the reporting function for easier report customization would be my only critique.

Brooke
Director of Human Resources in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Hospital Review

Comments: It is a good system.

Pros:

It is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.

Cons:

Implementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.

Jennifer
HR Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Hate this product with a passion

Comments: While I was not on the implementation team, everyone that was left within five month of implementation. I had zero experience with Kronos and was provided little instruction from Kronos support unless I knew the specific questions to ask.

Pros:

The only plus for Kronos Ready is that it is Internet based.

Cons:

Feels like it was made by developers for developers, not for HR/Payroll administration.

5 years ago

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with our product and services. I have socialized your feedback with key stakeholders and a member of our team will be reaching to you to schedule a one-on-one session. During the session, they will further discuss with you your experiences and key ways we can help you going forward. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact me directly at [email protected].

Mario
Assistant Office Manager in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Workforce Ready

Pros:

The main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.

Cons:

I don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.

Jessica
HR Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Comments: Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Pros:

The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

Cons:

The wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

7 years ago

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities. It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training “working with reports” Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with – [email protected]. Thank you again, Amy Fafard

Bernadette
HR Manager in US
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

Ease of use!

Pros:

The software is very user-friendly both for admins and users. Reporting is a breeze and is one of my favorite features!

Cons:

The con that I have experienced is not in the software itself but in the customer service. I would like a designated rep that knows my rules, my employees, etc. It's like starting from scratch every time I have an issue. When I used Empower, I had designated reps. I miss that feature the most.

Rod
Human Resources Director in US
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

Work Force Ready at UOSA

Comments: Use product for a variety of solutions

Pros:

Its functionality and ease of use is welcoming.

Cons:

Length of time to customize the product for various needs