• Overall
    4.1 /5

About UKG Ready

Employee scheduling solution that helps organizations manage shifts, payroll, leaves, overtime calculations and more.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Stephen N.
Maintenance Admin Assitant
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2018

"Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution."

Comments: Overall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes.
Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.

Pros: Many modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.

Cons: I mentioned reporting issues is a breeze. The wording I get back fairly often is "working as intended." It's easy for me to say a certain feature may not make sense but for another company it may make lots of sense. I wish there was just a little bit more of product testing for major features. Global Support is very polite and they will operate for your timezone even though most of their support staff are on the east coast.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2018
Jonathan M.
I.T. Manager
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"Easy to use bundle"

Comments: The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros: The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons: I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Paulette M.
Deputy Executive Director - Finance Divison
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"Implementation for small government utility"

Comments: Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.

Pros: Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Cons: The biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

by Holly on 20/04/2017

Hello Paulette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team.

All the best,

Dr. debra P.
CHRO
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos User"

Comments: Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros: Functionality
Real-time
Ease of use
Training

Cons: Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Tonisha R.
Executive Assistant
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Wonderful Product"

Comments: Workforce Ready has helped to reduce the amount of paperwork produced and has provided efficient, streamlined services. The program is highly responsive, kept up to date, and we've had very little interruption due to loss of service/downtime. We've used this software for 4 years now and I think it is one of the best programs of it's type. Once the system is properly set up it is very reliable.

Pros: Kronos Workforce Ready is easy to learn and use. We love that the system is modern and constantly being improved upon. The additional tools that are added as tax and healthcare laws change have been invaluable.

Cons: Workforce Ready has been very valuable but adding accounting software to this product would complete it as a ERP system. We really love using this system, but because of our business needs we need a payroll and timekeeping system that is fully integrated with an accounting system. We are forced to transition to another ERP even though Workforce Ready is by far the better product.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Jeff W.
CFO
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Reliable, accurate, and customizable"

Comments: We have greatly improved our payroll time sheet accuracy. Workforce Ready is a proven, reliable solution that allows us to apply our specific payroll policies to the systematic platform--thus eliminating the risk of human calculation error. Our experience has been very positive.

Pros: The functionality to calculate break times, holiday pay, and unique company-specific pay-policies across our departments. The mobile clock in/out functionality on the app is also helpful for employees that work remotely. Easy to add new employees to the time clock or mobile access.

Cons: Sometimes difficult to add new managers. Manager visibility of mobile clocking in / out of employees (need alerts to the manager). Also, the call-back delay to speak with a help desk rep can be annoying.

Derek N.
Supervisor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Time Corrections"

Comments: As a mid level manager I still have not used Kronos to its full capacity, in the future at my company I will be trained on how to use it further. From what I do use it for now it is a fairly easy program to use. I look forward to more training and using it for more.

Pros: Pulls up easily with internet access to punch in and out. As far as making time card corrections it is a fairly easy process once you have taken the training and have done a few corrections. Without taking the training or being trained by someone, I would not attempt to do any time corrections for employees

Cons: The way the hours are shown on the earnings time card are misleading at least for the company I work for, if you are one that likes to calculate what you would be making this may be difficult. Functions a bit slow, seems as if it is the actual program and not the internet speed.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Carla B.
Human Resources Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"Great Software with wonderful Customer Service"

Comments: Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.

Pros: If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Cons: After the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

by Amy on 07/09/2017

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at [email protected] – we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 01/09/2017
Hadassah W.
Director, Employee Relations
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

"5 years and counting"

Pros: I have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.

Cons: Some system functions/packages need to be purchased separately but that is pretty standard when purchasing this kind of a system.

occupational therapist
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"Kronos definitely belongs at the top of the list for managing workplace payroll and HR tasks"

Comments: I have found that working three prn medical jobs that all relied on Kronos never gave me any difficulty with managing my time sheets nor my access to various documents or tax forms. When I switched to full time and was educating people I was training, the new hires took very quickly to the process of working with it. Overall I prefer this system to any other I have worked with.

Pros: Employees find it very simple to engage with and take control of their own paperwork and needs. The system also assists HR with managing complex data for high volume companies while still feeling appropriate for use with small ones. When employees have two jobs that both utilize Kronos, the platform is able to distinguish the two separate companies and maintain unique log ins for both.

Cons: The only real downside is that it interfacing with the timekeeping system at the job site so if a punch gets missed on the last day of the pay period, the employee has to interact with HR in order to correct the discrepancy. Some employees are not good with that skill and HR has to backtrack from the report Kronos generates. This is really not the fault of the software though but rather an issue with the employees.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Kevin B.
Senior Analyst Workforce Management
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2017

"WFR Review"

Comments: Overall we have been happy moving from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready

Pros: Easy to use for admin as well as employees.
Self service is very easy to implement
Allows employees to review pay statements and print, W2's, review time sheets, request time off, and review their profile
Security functions for data access has a variety to set up multiples levels for managers to view employees.
Reporting is great, easy to use and create your own reports
Ability to have HR, Payroll, T&A, Leave, Benefits, Recruitment and more hosted by Kronos in the cloud
No more legislative updates, version updates or consulting fees to do updates. All updates are done for you.
Once you understand the configurations of policies it is easy to make adjustments.
Tech support is always helpful to make any changes.

Cons: Some features still need development for attendance and leave especially. Functional and can use effectively but could use improvement.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2017
Anesthesia Department
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2019

"Kronos for timekeeping"

Pros: We use kronos at the hospital where I work. We use it to sign in and out. There is a different code for clocking in and clocking out for lunch. Sometimes I forget to clock in and out with kronos, so I just put my clock in and out time in the notebook at the charge desk and the person in charge of timekeeping manually enters my log in and out information. Everyone is aware of the earliest time that you can clock out without it showing that you clocked out early. For example, you can clock out at 4:58pm, and it still counts as clocking out at 5pm.

Cons: The phone that we use at my hospital however runs a little fast, so if my cellphone says 8am, the kronos phone already says 8:01, and clocking in late shows up and is frowned upon.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2019
Marie J.
Human Resource Director
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2017

"Good Product"

Comments: Overall the program is very good but there is still room for improvement

Pros: document storage, web based, customer support, custom forms, tracking and reports, timekeeping rules are flexible and easily set, announcement feature

Cons: checklists and workflows are too complicated, security settings for users require staff to have access to cellphone or email, no way for employees to sign incidents, mobile app needs improving for manager use

by Amy on 25/08/2015

Hi Marie

Thanks for the review! We’re happy to hear that you are overall happy with Workforce Ready and it is meeting many of your needs. It’s especially great to hear that you’ve had a good experience with our Customer Support team!

Regarding workflows and mobile app, please reach out to me at [email protected] to see what we can do to help.

Thanks
Amy

• Reviewed on 01/08/2017
Kevin K.
HR Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2018

"A System with Neat Features"

Pros: Kronos Workforce Ready has some features I really enjoy that I have not come across in other HRIS systems. Workforce Ready is easy to navigate. I enjoy the mass edit feature and the customization of the timesheets. The tables within the system are pretty easy to use and manage. Kronos Technical Support has always been very helpful.

Cons: Kronos Workforce Ready has a few areas where it can improve. One feature that I would love to see is a tool at the Company Administrator level that would allow a review to be moved to a another supervisor. Another item I would like to see improved upon is being able to bring all fields into all reports. There are some helpful reports that Kronos Workforce Ready allows you to run that are pre-made with some limits on customization. Being able to bring in a few key columns could be very helpful.

Charlotte B.
Sonographer
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Simplifies Time Tracking"

Pros: This software is great for payroll time tracking. It is incredibly beneficial in a larger company because it cuts down on additional task for the person in charge of payroll. The option for fingerprint verification is a vital aid to ensuring the correct person is logging in and out. For companies with multiple locations, you also have the option to program them all on the stations so when employees travel to and from, they can keep their timesheets in order.

Cons: In my experience, this software occasionally glitches where the system will be down forcing manual time keeping. However, it has always been addressed in a timely manner.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Jennifer M.
HR DIRECTOR
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"KRONOS Workforce Ready"

Comments: We implemented KRONOS Workforce Ready in 2015. We have purchased the Payroll, HR, Time and Labor, and ACA package. Our employees are now able to see their vacation and personal time in one place without having to contact HR or Payroll. The system allows transparency for the employees and the managers. They can view their pay statements, their time off, and their benefits all in one place. The mobile application for KRONOS Workforce Ready is very user friendly. Employees can see their pay statements when they are home and they can request off right from their mobile phone. The ease of use is wonderful. Our employees feel more engaged due to the software and so do our managers.

Pros: The mobile application is very user friendly.

Cons: The product is more difficult to use when it comes to transfers of employees between EIN's. There is more manual work involved than we would like for this process.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Scott R.
Director - HR Support
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Buyer's remorse - However I will update review in 6 months. My view may change."

Comments: 100% of our admin staff working with the new Kronos system is unhappy with it. We all agree that it seems like it is too complicated. We came from PayCom and it was soooooooooo intutive. So straight forward. And much cheaper. Kronos needs to come up with 5-8 templates that are a basic look for how the build-out would look. I think when they try to be all things to all clients they end up being overly complicated. They need to reduce 80% of the options. In hindsight we should have purchased a simpler system.

Pros: The potential is what I like most. The demo team from Kronos, during our research phase, far outshined the competition on how Kronos would make our lives better. However, that is not the case in reality. I will update this review in 6 months to see is this is improving. Customer service is trying to help. But literally every day is a struggle.

Cons: * Too many options
* Too many drop-downs
* Too complicated
* Can't drag and drop
* The set-up process was entirely from scratch with no examples to go from, no best practices
* NOT INTUTIVE in the slightest
* Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years
* Company seems too large to be nimble
* We invested well over 500 EE hours in set-up? Do you want your staff doing that?
* I feel like we are at the programmers level, this barely seems like software from this decade
* Customer serve gives off the vibe we should know more than we know

by Kronos on 21/11/2019

Hello Scott,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. We understand you are having some issues with the Workforce Ready product and want to work with you on how to resolve these issues. We have contacted your sales rep and they should be reaching out to you to get more of your feedback within the coming days and schedule a one on one session.

If you have any more feedback that you'd like to share please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Anne L.
Work Study Student
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great For Tracking Hours"

Comments: It was a good experience overall. I enjoyed how easy it was to clock in and out and record my hours accurately.

Pros: I enjoyed how easy it was to track my work hours with this software. I have been a work study student for UC Berkeley for 4 years and have used this system to clock in and out for my 3 work study jobs. I enjoyed how easy it was for me to log my hours for all 3 of my different jobs. It was a seamless experience.

Cons: I did not like how Flash Player was needed to log into this software. Sometimes I would be called into training without a computer so I couldn't log in and would need to report to my supervisor to change my time card.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Courtney A.
Medical Student Academic Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"Easy to use as an employee"

Comments: This software is very reliable and secure when it comes to the employee's information. Being able to log in and see what HR sees in their system made it easy to see what needed to be updated. Also, being able to request time off through the software eliminated the paper trail of trying to get it signed off.

Pros: Clocking in and clocking out of work was a breeze. Kronos allowed us to clock in/out via the computer or by swiping our IDs at the time clock.

Cons: There were a few times that the software didn't catch a time where I swiped in or out of work. Luckily, my manager is able to go into the Kronos software an immediately fix the time card

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
Morgann P.
Shipping and Receiving Disinfection
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2018

"Kronos is a great system!"

Comments: I'd never heard of it before I joined the company for which I now work, but I will use it here on out for the rest of my working life. I really like it, and its ease of use and ability to have everything in one place is really useful.

Pros: Kronos is intuitive, easy to use, and reliable. I like that it keeps all of our employee information in one, easy to access place. I can check schedules, request time off, check accurals, make requests, and do everything I need to do.

Cons: When there are updates to the app and its related hardware (like the timeclock), we invariably can't use it for a day or two. That can be frustrating, especially on busy days.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Meredith B.
Human Resource Assistant
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Review on Kronos Workforce Ready"

Pros: Kronos has changed the entire dynamic of our HR responsibilities. It has allowed us to keep all of our information for our employees in one place. It is very easy to use and design based on our companies needs. We use Kronos as our employee database as well as payroll.

Cons: Not many cons, but I suppose the navigating through the system just takes some time and effort to learn. Which this is to be expected.

by Jesse on 07/05/2018

Hello Meredith,
Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! It is great to hear of the successes in your HR organization, and that you have found our products easy to use! We also appreciate your thoughts on training and the learning curve, and our teams are always trying to improve that experience.
If you have any additional thoughts or questions, please reach out to me at [email protected]
Thanks again!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 01/05/2018
Elizabeth H.
Customer Care Specialist
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Basic time tracking software"

Comments: Kronos tracks and displays all necessary information that employees would need to take care of daily timekeeping functions. The systems clearly and simply displays the clock in/clock out functions.

Pros: It is simple to clock in and out every day. Upon logging in, you are taken to the main page where you can punch in and out. That makes it easy and quick to do this task.

Cons: It is hard to view certain information and reports. For example, you have to "view reports" in order to tell how much remaining time off hours you have. The system has a very roundabout way to view this information.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Melissa H.
Payroll Specialist
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Kronos Workforce Review"

Pros: I like all the options you have with workforce ready. I have used a different platform of Kronos and it wasn't as user friendly. I like the reporting capability as well.

Cons: I wish the training material was more updated. I find it a bit hard to find exactly what I am looking for. I also wish we were notified when updates happened and what exactly it effected.

by Amy on 07/09/2017

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready and I am glad to hear that you are finding the reports and the software easy to use! Regarding training and release notes, please reach out to me at [email protected] so I can make sure that you are on our mailing list and receiving invitations to our quarterly release webinars and Best Practices training webinars. Those should cover a lot of the topics that you would like to know more about!

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
Diana K.
Human Resources Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2018

"Robust system with lots of capabilities"

Comments: Able to customize to your needs, but a more out of the box system is easier to implement.

Pros: Able to handle all aspects of HR. Timekeeping system is easy to use, handles all of our PTO types and schedules.

Cons: Training and education on products and features. Would like to have more classes available before implementation. Just because you helped build the system doesn't mean you understand situations you run into on a daily basis.

by Jesse on 05/04/2018

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! We appreciate your honest feedback regarding our training and education, and we will be sure to notify the appropriate teams. It is also great to hear Workforce Ready successfully handles your HR, PTO, and Scheduling systems.

Thanks again!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 26/02/2018
Heather R.
Chief Technology Officer
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2017

"Kronos WorkForce Ready"

Pros: Software is powerful and customizable. I like the timesheets, recruitment and hr piece of the software.

Cons: Some features could use improvements such as performance reviews and workflows. I also feel like your documentation could use some work. I tend not to find the documentation useful.

by Amy on 25/08/2017

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready - it’s great to hear that you are finding the HR features useful! I will make sure to pass along your suggestions regarding documentation to the Product team, this is very valuable feedback. In the meantime, the Kronos Community can also be an additional source for documentation.

Thanks