Dropbox Business Reviews

4.5 (19,570) Write a Review!

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is the secure file sharing and storage solution that employees love and IT admins trust. Start a free trial today!

Learn more about Dropbox Business

Pros:

Dropbox is super convenient, offering a great mobile iOS app, integration into Microsoft Surface/tablet, and the standard desktop integration. We use Dropbox on both PC & Mac OS seamlessly.

Cons:

Looking for a passive aggressive way to make someone miserable, Dropbox is the tool for you.

Dropbox Business ratings

4.5
4.2
4.4
4.3

8.5/10

Dropbox Business has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 19,570 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dropbox Business before?

Filter reviews (19,570)

desmond
desmond
head of quality standards and accreditation in Ghana
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Dropbox Business - Secure you valuable data and files with the best.

5.0 last week New

Comments: very satisfied usage experience.

Pros:

One's ability to easily access one's team’s work securely from a computer, mobile device, or any web browser. It also offers a new way to store, share, & track one's work. Dropbox business provides the storage space one need and its ability to share files instantly hassle-free.

Cons:

However, Dropbox's business, unfortunately, fails to provide users with the latest technology for searches. The biggest letdown is the lack of metadata search functionality. Metadata is information about a file, such as a date it was created.

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2-10 Employees

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

4.0 last week New

Comments: Using Dropbox was an initial step into more serious file security. It allowed us to develop a great architecture.

Pros:

This is a great product from a robust and reputable company, that gives us the guarantee the product will keep our data safe. We can have our backup, share our files, perform data recovery, sync it with other deices and can be integrated with zoom, Canva and others. You can always start for free.

Cons:

Even tough they have a free version, they are expensive, coming to $15-$25 per user per month. Another issue is their solution can be very heavy, requiring a lot of space on the disk for file syncing.

Nikki
Founder in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Fast Syncing - Secure - Safe

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: As a photographer it did not work for me. I think it would be okay for a business that did not need to store a large volume of large files. I did use it for several months and during that time I was able to run my business with success, however I did not find any extra benefits from using Dropbox Business vs other cloud storage.

Pros:

I like the compatibility with other software that I've used for a long time, I like the security aspect, dropbox business allows two factor authentication, single sign on, remote device wipe ( I already had to use that once, so glad I had it ) Long term file recovery is great to have. Syncing files is fast across all devices, it's almost instant. Smart sync saves even more time. I like the ability to organize files and folders in a way that works for me.

Cons:

Large files can be slow on upload or download. I wish the storage space given for the price was larger. It would be nice to have built in editing tools.

Anil
Marketing Executive in Turkey
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Data storage for business

Comments: I used Dropbox for my company to store all our documents in one place, to share with our friend.

Pros:

Dropbox has nice features to cover all your documents in same place, but the programme works slow and thats why I stopped using.

Cons:

The dashboard and usability is really slow, you have to wait until it progress inside.

Ishrat
ICT Operations Manager in Bangladesh
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Dropbox has evolved into much more than a simple cloud storage solution for me

Comments: Dropbox seemed like the perfect tool for collaborative work at my institution because of its fantastic capabilities.

Pros:

As soon as I save a file to a Dropbox folder, the app automatically syncs it to all other computers or devices that share that folder. One of the most obvious benefits of using a cloud storage service like Dropbox is that my files are protected even if my computer is not. Dropbox Paper, which was launched in January 2017, is the company's best collaborative tool. I'm thinking about making a Paper that can be shared with others.

Cons:

A free Dropbox Basic account has limited storage but includes the majority of the features included in paid subscriptions. Dropbox also allows users to delete their Basic accounts. Free accounts expire after 12 months and 90 days of inactivity, and any files in them are deleted. Dropbox's organizational structure isn't very novel.

Temprary teaching and research associate in France
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A very efficient tool for file sharing and storage

5.0 last month New

Comments: The overall experience I have with this application is very very good. I greatly welcome the birth of this tool that allows me to store my many files.

Pros:

Dropbox Business for me remains a great tool for centralizing storage, file sharing and access to all the most important files, be it Google Docs, Microsoft Office file or Traditional files. And best of all, you can try this great cloud storage and sharing platform at a fraction of the cost compared to other platforms!

Cons:

While the app is great for sharing documents, large files and perfect for small businesses and works perfectly, however, the app is still in my eyes sometimes slow when it takes time to upload and download files. If it could be just a little bit faster, this application would be formidable and incomparable on the market.

Marta
Marta
Designer in Spain
Design, Self Employed

Dropbox has made my work easier, and more flexible and safe

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I am a freelance designer. I use Dropbox to have a security copy, to access to my files from different places and to share files with clients and collaborators.

Pros:

I love the way it let me work with a file from different places. It makes my work easier and make me save a lot of time

Cons:

I don’t least anything at the moment, it works perfect for me

Bohdan
Bohdan
Physiotherapist in Ukraine
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

General overview

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I really liked it from first time of usage and haven't been dissapointed so far.

Pros:

What really made me appreciate it is simplicity and availability of this sofware especially now when internet connection is not stable time by time.

Cons:

Actually functionality could be better e.g.

Kadir Özgür
Kadir Özgür
retail director in Turkey
Retail, 201-500 Employees

I have been using dropbox from day 1 !

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: All good , very effective tool.

Pros:

I have been using dropbox since the launch date, i used free and paid versions for years. Data Security is very important for me, and thanks to god ! never had problem !

Cons:

very few, user interface can be better , and more customer friendly, but anyway all ok !

Amber
Amber
Self Employed in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy to Use But Avoid Large Files

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, it does a great job as cloud storage and file sharing. It has some basic collaboration functionality. But if you have video lessons or large graphic files, it can get expensive.

Pros:

A lot of people go for Dropbox because it is easy to use. It's great for small projects and collaboration because many people already use it, and because it actually has built-in collaboration tools.

Cons:

It can get expensive if you have a lot of large files. There are better options out there for large file storage.

Rhonda
Supervisor in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Protects files

4.0 last week New

Comments: I used Dropbox business to backup records and notes for the convenience and to cut down on file clutter. I liked that I can scan in a physical document when I need to, we aren't one hundred percent digital yet.
This organization is partly mobile, some records need to be updated by employees while in a patients home. We prefer that some records are only kept online incase an employee leaves us for whatever reason or incase of lost or stolen electronics. Only folders I choose are synced, the others stay online only.

Pros:

Getting the account set up only took a few minutes. Employees were able to adjust to the change and I control what they see or don't see. No outside accounts had to be replaced and I'm always able to share records from Dropbox business to our office suite. I like having revision history so I can reverse an inaccurate change. Records are always backed up and I don't need to keep additional backup copies. Photographic records remain clear after being transferred and open normally. I am confident that my records and notes are private and protected from ransomware.

Cons:

Not free to use and not the best value for money. Any facility is going to accumulate records every day and the storage will overflow. After setup employees and I both had to spend a long time reading the frequently asked questions link. A way to leave a short message attached to folders or notify someone that a folder had been updated would make Dropbox business better .

Kaitlyn
Partner and sales associate in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Pleased with the quality

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it's really not too bad, it gets the job done and I'm very pleased with the ease of access from mobile devices. It was good for us as a small business and I would recommend it.
We stored our design ideas, drafts, ads and marketing products, records, and invoices with Dropbox Business.

Pros:

The most convenient feature is the mobile access and ease of use. Unlike similar products it is easily accessible from your phone or mobile device and most features are still functional. I'm pleased with the level of encryption and the privacy policy. The remote access and controls are adequate and two factor authentication is available. The lost file recovery is a life saver. Organization is easy with customizable folders. Sharing files is easy. Overall the quality is good.

Cons:

There are problems when uploading documents specifically. When I do get successful uploads they're jumbled up and display on half of the screen. I don't know why this happens but it's so annoying and time consuming. The price and what you get for your money could be improved.. It's lacking several things including communication and collaboration tools and Metadata search criteria.

Tim
Design Director in Philippines
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Our center of truth

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We really love using Dropbox. It's rolled out for our whole team and it has helped us get stuff done.

Pros:

I can't really pick between the fast sync and admin tools. Those were two of the features that made us select Dropbox for Business as our cloud drive.

Cons:

Frankly, I hope they had a version with less features that didn't need all the collaboration tools, just the sharing and sync. We do have team members who don't really need those, and it's too expensive for those who only use it to store files.

Tinomutenda Marshal
Accounting Assistant in Zimbabwe
Accounting, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Faster file transfers and syncing

Comments: Dropbox does everything right, from its boundless capacity alternative to its long list of third-party integrative. Commerce clients have everything they require, but that comes at a cost. Dropbox’s family as a capacity supplier carries a tall cost tag. That cost is worth it, but depending on how numerous workers you've got, it still may be as well much. If you'll foot the charge, you’ll discover an fantastically easy-to-use capacity benefit, notwithstanding of your company estimate. Be that as it may, ease of utilize is favored over security, and in spite of the fact that it’s been nearly a decade since Dropbox’s information breach, we still have a few questions when it comes to protection

Pros:

Whether it's sharing records for work or making robotized reinforcements for basic records so that you'll never lose them, Dropbox is fabulous as a multi-purpose stage. In the event that you're as of now utilizing it for cloud capacity, you'll also collaborate on docs and records along side other clients with ease. After you welcome them or receive an welcome, you'll co-edit docs. Dropbox record versions are put away in changelogs, which you'll be able browse to see the alters made, the title of the individual who made the edit, and the date and time. This makes a difference fix any changes that are superfluous or outlandish in hindsight without having to rework or alter the record physically. You'll essentially reload a past adaptation from the changelog and make another delicate duplicate to utilize as a base for future collaborations

Cons:

Teamwork through Dropbox is a successful way to be more profitable and oversee your work. Through its Paper highlight, you'll be able make docs, sheets, slides, and more on your capacity. By moving them to the shared organizer, you'll permit others get to to them to alter on their possess or in a collaborative exertion. Concurrent altering with a marker speaking to each client makes it helpful to keep track of each user's alters and history. Comparable to forking stores, one can make delicate duplicates to their capacity from the shared folder for changes

Michelle
Executive Vice President in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Dropbox is a must-have for remote clients and employees

Comments: With both our employees and our clients being remote, Dropbox has been essential in our operations.

Pros:

Our company operates 100% remotely for both our employees and our clients. We request a lot of documents from our clients who are located throughout the country, and then our employees, who also work remotely throughout the country, review the documents. Dropbox allows for the effortless exchange of documents from our clients without the client having to sign in or create an account. Managerial controls allow for us to assign employees to certain files, and restrict access to only the employees assigned to the project. Dropbox also gives us extra security features such as having employees only being able to work in the cloud as opposed to downloading and working on/saving files to their local computers, as well as the ability to remote-wipe any dropbox info on a local computer. And we feel safe knowing that our information on Dropbox is encrypted.

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about Dropbox is that font on the document exchange page that the customer sees is unprofessional-looking, in my opinion.

Karolis
Karolis
Innovation manager in Lithuania
Research, 501-1,000 Employees

A solution to multiple version documents.

Comments: All in all, I am very happy with Dropbox. The best solution to work in team while editing documents. No need to send them to all team members. Also, the felling of security is very nice.

Pros:

The most liked thing about Dropbox is that it works as a simple folder in my computer and I can easily create document, work on it, press save and it is automatically saved in the cloud and I do not need to think about it. This automatic function is very useful. Also, the drag and drop function is very good. This can be done with any document and my colleagues who are working on the same file can easily add their changes. Also, the storage size is quite impressive. Also, the recovery function saved me a few times. As far as I know, only Dropbox has this functionality which is so user friendly.

Cons:

There was one update after which double pressing on the Dropbox icon would not open the folder view, but some other view, so I needed to press few times again in order to enter folder view. That was annoying.

Retail, Self Employed

Easy file management and cloud storage system

Comments: Dropbox has always been a reliable service for me and has saved me from accidental deletions of design files I've worked hours on. Mac sync app works well, though there have been times I've had to pause and restart sync to get files to download/upload. Sharing permissions have been helpful when working with others.

Pros:

Great file synchronization to the cloud. Smart Sync has been a game changer for freeing up hard drive space while still having access to files stored in the cloud. Reliable storage and file management. File sharing has been seamless. 180 days to recover files has been sufficient, even 30 days on the plus plan is great.

Cons:

The push to upgrade can be frustrating. Also the online interface could be updated, although I do mainly use the built in sync features on my Mac.

Keith
Program Director in US
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Safe, Simple, and Secure

Comments: Dropbox Business has proven to be worth exponentially more than the cost of maintaining its services. The sheer convenience of being able to access necessary information by staff regardless of where they are located saves us significantly more money and increases our productivity. The additional benefits of having the ability to restrict access to certain documents removes the fear that lower level employees might access sensitive information for which they are unauthorized and also ensures that the staff members that need access have the information immediately available to them. Finally, the security provided by Dropbox Business allows us to maintain compliance with industry requirements and standards so that we are not open to having confidential information breached. After fully integrating our files into Dropbox Business, I cannot imagine having to return to a paper filing system.

Pros:

Dropbox for Business has allowed us to transition from an old-fashioned paper filing system to an efficient cloud-based storage system that is not only exponentially more convenient but also incredibly secure. Our files are able to be accessed from any location, and the time it takes to find specific information has been drastically reduced due to the search features in Dropbox. Furthermore, the ability to limit access to certain files and folders to certain levels of staff allows all of our staff to access all the information they need without providing access to sensitive information that is restricted to upper-level staff. With Dropbox's features, our ability to access vital information in a timely manner while maintaining information security has never been better.

Cons:

Transitioning from a paper filing system to an online one was a lengthy process. For several weeks, we had to operate redundant systems while we scanned and transferred our existing files into Dropbox. In hindsight, if we had realized the amount of time and effort this transition would take, we would have explored options to have a third party company perform a mass migration of our files so that we could transition from all-paper to exclusively digital at once.

Belasco
Digital marketing manager in South Africa
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Dropbox Business Review

Comments: I have been using Dropbox for many years and i still believe it is the market leader in the cloud space. Dropbox has managed to keep up with its competitors because it keeps adding relevant features. However i feel like the company could do better in regards to privacy for example the lack of Zero knowledge encryption.

Pros:

A reliable storage and syncing facility. Can integrate well with Office 365 and Google workplace. Dropbox can give 2000 gig of files and allows sharing with clients. This is facilitated by powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase. Dropbox brings your files together in one central place. Dropbox keep on evolving by introducing new features thus remaining competitive in the market.

Cons:

Dropbox is expensive when you want to upgrade from free to Dropbox plus or other payment plan. If you require storage that comes with office suit you will need to pay more. The company openly admits that it can access data so as to share with third parties. Poor privacy policies.

Adam
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

If you are looking for the easiest file management software, look NO further!

Comments: Once again, this is the best. So easy to use. Safe, secure, storage and backup. Allows many to see and share files - with your permission. And gives me complete confidence that the files that are critical to me are safe and easy to access when I need them.

Pros:

The package of Dropbox I purchased was VERY reasonably priced. The storage capacity online is more than enough. It is also safe, can be expanded, and easy to access. Saving files is done without even thinking! And they even have a "file naming" option that makes life TOO easy! Love this produce since the first day I got.

Cons:

There are a few times I have had to think about the best set up for my daily file maintenance. But there are great videos on the Internet and once you spend a bit of time watching them and exploring the features, the work is worth it. Also I keep wondering if there are other features I should be using so maybe a "daily" "Did You Know?" feature would be nice to slowly learn new things it can do.

Bhuban
Research Assistant in Bangladesh
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

With Dropbox Business software, people's lives have been made a lot better

Comments: Dropbox also gives a lot of people a lot of options because it comes with both a mobile version and a web version of the same. This means that different people can access the storage platform from any device they might be on.

Pros:

Dropbox has a simple interface that makes it easy for both the user and anyone who wants to use it for the first time. This makes it easy for both people. Dropbox has made it easy for the users to be able to sync their files across different platforms, which also allows them to access the files from anywhere. If I want to share a file, I can also make multiple copies of the same file so that the file can be seen in different places. In some cases, users may be able to get the file back later. In other storage platforms, the user doesn't have as much freedom as this gives them

Cons:

At times, the lack of tabs can make it hard to find older versions of files or copies that have been deleted. I have to wait a while for things to download from, upload to, and sync with Dropbox for Business. I often have to wait a long time for your files to show up. The navigation could use a new look to make it easier to find the files you want. The way things are now makes it a little more difficult to find files. It's not that bad, but for what we need, it's a little too much. Because, really, no one needs unlimited cloud storage. People who make Dropbox have the right to use encryption, but only those people have the keys to them. The users can't get private encryption.

Eero
Manager in Finland
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees

A good quality cloud storage with poor web interface

Comments: Dropbox offers reliable cloud storage, we store 99% of our files there and it has saved us a few times. The computer apps work well and syncing is a breeze. With slower computers, Dropbox syncing can seriously slow the computer down unless the download and upload rates are limited to a minimum. The browser interface is not good at all, it is not reacting fast, is non-informative, and functionalities are hidden. I really wish they could make a major update.

Pros:

We have used Dropbox from its early days. It has always offered reliable cloud storage and it has saved us two times after hardware breakdowns. So definitely worth the money.

Cons:

The weakest link is the online interface. It is very sluggish, limited with functions and doesn't provide much information. I try to avoid it as much as I can, and really wonder why they haven't made it better.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque
Digital Marketing Analyst in US

The Best Tool For Content Collaboration!

Comments: I was a Dropbox Personal plan user for a long time. When I started my own company I immediately needed a file sharing and collaboration tool to use internally. Without any second thought, I chose Dropbox Business and I don't regret that decision. This meets all my needs and the most important thing is that Dropbox Business is quite inexpensive compared to other tools. Besides, the native software lets me manage my files from any device. Due to all of these reasons I always recommend Dropbox Business to other people.

Pros:

I consider this as the ultimate productivity tool and this is a must-have for any company out there. The thing I most love about this tool is its flexible storage plans. I can upgrade and downgrade my plans according to my need and believe me, it saves a lot of money which is very important for a startup. Also, the version history feature is a lifesaver for collaborative projects. Dropbox Business does really well in terms of organizing files and tagging them automatically. It saves additional time required to organize those files and overall increases productivity.

Cons:

There's nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.

Sanchit
Sanchit
Software Engineer in US

Who knew storage could be this fun!

Comments: I love the product for what it does, since it does it well. Rather than a docusign or google docs alternative I would have preferred better integrations with third party software. As a storage solution however, it is an app that keeps you coming back.

Pros:

- The user interface is mind-blowingly aesthetic. Layout is very intuitive - Creating shared folders is very quick - Automated folder feature. I love being able to unzip files automatically when they are uploaded. I also use the automatic renaming feature. - Integrations with the G Suite as well as the Microsoft Suite. - We use the business API in our product. The documentation is excellent, the app console is well built and the support we get from Dropbox is stellar. - Ability to save screenshots to dropbox and have the link be copied to clipboard is game-changing. Wonder how nobody else came up with this sooner. - File search works beautifully - Ability to set naming conventions to filenames in a folder. - Dropbox desktop app works beautifully, functions like a local drive but backs up to the cloud. - In product edits for Microsoft and G Suite apps

Cons:

- Not cheap - Searching does not work for Trash - Collaborative tools like Paper do not really work with concurrent edits. Google Docs wins in this regard - The existing integrations are really good, but there aren't enough integrations. e.g. An integration with Gong, Salesforce, Slack etc. would really useful

Eduardo
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

My personal experience using Dropbox

Comments: Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages.
Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations.
Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs.
Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

Pros:

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage. Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Cons:

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program. Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique