15 years helping British businesses

About Timely

Run your salon like a pro with easy-to-use booking software that puts you in control of the whole client experience.

Learn more about Timely

Pros:

Cons:

When we brought it to their attention, they informed us that the problem we have with their software is why a lot of salons choose to leave Timely or not subscribe to Timely.

Timely ratings

4.7
4.7
4.4
4.5

8.8/10

Timely has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 700 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Timely before?

Mark William
Mark William
Chef / Content Creator in Australia

Easy to use

Comments: Solved our previous complicated process of clients booking online.

Pros:

Ease of use - very easy for our non technical staff to get using it. Simple UI makes it like other familiar software. I love the integration with Google Contacts and Google Calendar - our clients are impressed when we answer phone calls using their name.

Cons:

- They recently introduced packages - but they can't yet be booked online by clients. We have a work around in our setup - but it causes a bit more admin work. - I'd also like to see more options for the rules around when consult forms are sent out. - International clients have trouble booking with us - since you can only allow clients with the same phone country code as the business to book in online. - Having some difficulty with Mailchimp integration - we've switched to Timely > Zapier > Mailchimp instead of Timely > Mailchimp directly.

Bonita
Owner/Lash & Brow Stylist in Australia
Consumer Services, Self Employed

I love Timely

Comments: 10/10 love every step I've taking with timely.

Pros:

Timely has been super easy to use, the help guides are very explanatory. I think I have only had to contact the timely team 2 or 3 times in the 3 years I have been using timely. It has made my business work so much more smoothly with less admin required from me (I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the other admin work there is)

Cons:

I cannot think of any right now but I love that you have feedback links handy so if something feels like it could be improved the button is right there. I don't have to stop what i'm doing to let you know what my thoughts are.

Paul Cedric
Automation Engineer in Philippines
Industrial Automation, 11–50 Employees

Timely review

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Neatly done and can accommodate you in timely manner

Cons:

Sometimes loading problem or it is just the network error.

Ray
Owner/Operator in Australia
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

I don't even know where to start!

Comments: It should work well for a single person operator looking for basic scheduling/tracking of appointments but if you've got a multiple staff and lots of products, definitely consider other options first. Timely has a lot of growing to do and at the current rate, it's going to be a very long growth!

Pros:

The support team is fantastic and the application itself 'looks' great. Looks are very deceiving though. The most basic functions work well. Beyond that, there are plenty of issues, including lots of unfinished features.

Cons:

Far too many features are left unfinished. Every time something new is released I'm left somewhat shocked how basic functionality that could complete the feature is left out. Even Stock Management is tedious and unituitve. Something basic like not being able to make recurring appointments that have more than 1 service. Limited to a total of 160 characters for SMS. Sales Reports report incorrect/misleading figures. No customer accounts. No loyalty system. Can't create custom value gift vouchers on the fly (they all need to be preset amounts). If you have more than one staff member, you're going to be in for more surprises - good luck to you! There is far too many things to mention. I could go on but hopefully you get the point. Approach the application with caution, and if it means paying for additional month or two to PROPERLY test it out, do it! It could save you a lot of grief in the long run. Timely say they care about customer feedback but in the 2.5 years we've been using it, very little has been done to improve even basic functionality. In fact, not a single one of the things I've mentioned above has been addressed in that time. Given all the new (incomplete) features being released without first addressing the swarm of issues currently present is further proof.

Darlene
Senior Accountant in Philippines
Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient and Reliable: A Timely Review

Pros:

Ease of use. This is what I always look at when availing or using products. As a busy individual, I would want to use something that does not require so much of my time. Timely helps me with my time management, Helps me book appointments with ease with zero to no errors.

Cons:

At first, I struggled using timely as it was my first time using scheduling software and I had limited technical experience

Isabel
Beautician in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Perfect System for a single user

Comments: Overall my experience with timely has been great. I recommend it to all my other friends who are beauticians. It’s helped me to elevate my business 100%.

Pros:

Timely has been instrumental in my business becoming more serious and structured. I love timely in all aspects but the ones that stick out to me are TimelyPay - it is so seamless and gives me peace of mind if a client no shows, my clients also find it so handy when they don’t have to bring their purse. I also love all of the reports, it helps me with my tax return at the end of the year and the Future Value report is great for seeing what you will be earning that month. I also love the timely aesthetic it’s clean simple modern and fresh.

Cons:

I wish with the reports where you can chose what length of time you want to see we had a “Next Month” option instead I have to use “Specific Date Range”. Other than that one issue I don’t have anything bad to say about timely!

Stephanie
Managing director in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Suits all of our business needs.

Comments: Overall timely hasn’t failed my business or my clients in the last 4 years of using it.

Pros:

We love that the online booking is easy and seem less for clients with step by step customisation. From packages to individual treatments & gift vouchers the set up of each part is easy. The tracking & reporting is clear & gives insight to everything we need.

Cons:

Would love easier integration with Xero - each sale is forwarded as it’s own invoice - would love just the daily totals to be integrated.

Monique
Beauty Therapist in Australia

Beauty Owners review of Timely

Pros:

There is honestly so much to love. I think it's all seem less and therefore everything together is just great

Cons:

One thing for me is that I wish I could choose to have deposits taken for only new clients when they book online, not every client when they book online, as once they are on my books and a regular I don't have a need to charge the deposit

Sophie
Beauty / laser therapist in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Love timely - fantastic booking system

Comments: Love timely - few issues lately which were adding vat to vouchers which I can’t take off so have stopped selling online and a booking fee which disappeared with no invoice - were resolved quickly and efficiently by the timely team

Pros:

Ease of use for clients allows me to get on with my day while clients book online and captures booking fees

Cons:

Would like to add self employed staff on to manage diaries or even employed gets costly adding them on if they are only in a few days a month

Iliyan
Manager in Bulgaria
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

A powerful and very useful time tracking tool

Comments: For sure, my brief experience up to now shows the program is very useful, much more than expected!Please consider adding n option to automatically issue invoices on the basis of the generated reports (or synching this feature with another outside invoicing program?). This will save the business a lot of time and will make you stand out from the competition!

Pros:

It's the calendar syncing. Please work on better syncing with Outlook Calendar.Other than that, Timely is very user-friendly. The mobile app is not so much, one needs to navigate through several screens to find the necessary tools. There a lot of options on the app you can explain better how to be used

Cons:

I am missing the synching with the Outlook Calendar. Sometimes, the program doe not run fast enough when prompted initially. Also, some lagging occurs from time to time. There is a delay sometimes in connecting via the app too but not too often.

Susan
owner in US

This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.

Pros:

The absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make it very relaxing if you plan to have more service providers in the future. You will not need to calculate a higher rate when the big day comes. That one is also a rare and beautiful gem in the world of salon software! The online booking widget and mini-website are customizable, look sharp and they optimized for mobile websites. It even works with WIX!They also have email campaigns, reminders via email and SMS/ text messages. You can decide at what time intervals your messages go out. This is super handy if you tend to goof up when rescheduling a client. The default is set for 10 minutes and I think it's perfect. If you accidentally put someone down 15 minutes later than intended and move it when you realize 3-4 minutes later, your customer will only get one notification. The correct one. Very cool!

Cons:

There isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are checking the customer out. The headache comes later when you are doing your accounting and you have to do separate calculations, rather than just sending it straight over to your accountant. The last booger is that the texts/SMS are not included in the plan price. You must purchase them separately. However, this could be a "pro" for those that don't want to use the SMS feature. Surely the price would be higher if they were included.

Lauren
Director in New Zealand
Used the Software for: Not provided

Streamlined our business and saves time!

Comments: We implemented Timely into our company just over a year ago. We switched from WorkEtc, as we wanted not only to support local business, but also needed a system that would allow online booking for clients, and send text and email reminders to our clients. Timely is around $20 cheaper per month for the subscription, and the text reminders are extremely cost effective. As the text is automated, clients are less likely to reschedule because they have to pick up the phone to do so, rather than just texting a person back. Our 'no-show' rate has dropped to about 1% (from 5-10%). We run a photography studio, so Timely wasn't exactly built for our style of business (multiple locations on certain days with certain staff), but a few phone calls with the help desk, and a few hours of playing around with the system, we worked out how to make Timely work for us. I wish we had switched sooner! The ability for clients to book online is INVALUABLE. I know I always remember to book things at 11pm at night when i'm lying in bed, and i know our clients do too!
No more emailing dates and times back and forth, clients saying 'let me check with my partner' and by the time they email back, the time is no longer available and we are back at square one.
We also have comments from clients who say how convenient it is that we have online booking, it makes look efficient and professional which is great for business.
The only con (which turned into a Pro) is that we had to integrate MailChimp into our business, as WorkEtc had a mail service inside it, however the Timely Team were extremely helpful in helping us set our tags on our current database, and help us import our database, so there was a smooth transition from one system to Timely. (Which is saying something, have you ever tried switching internet providers? Awful!)
I feel we also get a better response, as the MailChimp emails are much more attractive, and the trackability of the emails was extremely helpful.
Thanks Timely for saving us time and money, you are definitely a bill that i enjoy paying, and you earn every last cent! PS - If you are thinking of using Timely, but think you don't have time to change systems, you don't have time NOT to change. Seriously, once you see how much time you save, and how many more bookings you'll get without even having to speak to anyone, you'll be like us, wondering why you didn't change sooner.

Timely Response

9 years ago

Hi Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thorough review and love having you in the Timely family :-)

Jacob
Massage Therapist in US

Spa Scheduling Software

Comments: Overall, I had a good experience with Timely and would be open to using the software again. However, I will most likely be shopping around to find a more effective software and maybe a cheaper one as well.

Pros:

I used this software as an employee at a spa that I worked for, for almost 2 years. I had a good experience with Timely and enjoyed most of its features. The most beneficial aspect of Timely is getting notifications about appointments made through Timely. Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons:

I didn't like all the content, options, and other features Timely offered. It was honestly very overwhelming trying to learn every aspect of Timely. I understand, having options is beneficial, but sometimes being simple is better. I was instructed by management to learn the software inside and out and it took quite a while to wrap my head around all the things Timely did and offered.

Timely Response

4 years ago

Hi Jacob, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Timely. I'm pleased that you enjoyed using our software and that we could help you communicate with your clients more effectively. I can imagine being tasked with learning our whole system could take some time; we try to build features that are really flexible to meet our customer's needs but that can add some complexities. We're always working to make things easier for our users though and have been running some projects to improve and simplify our core user flows. I hope you'll give us another look if you're ever in the market for scheduling software again :)

Adrian
, 2–10 Employees

Intuitive cloud based software that's easy to use and goes with your business.

Comments: I saw a successful barbershop that I wanted to model my business on.
From there I wanted to know what booking software they were using because it was on an iPad.
Without any software training, a trial
period and my scissors in my hands it gave me the perfect edge (pun intended).

Pros:

Automatically sending out reminders via email and text makes me more profitable with less downtime. Online booking is like having someone book all your appointments for you, except without the cost. And considering 10-12 years ago hairdresser computer/software packages could cost you up to $12000 in upfront costs, Timely has a price I couldn't refuse.

Cons:

The only thing I could think of would be to have a 'Next in line' or waiting list cue via the software to make it easier then writing them down manually and then booking them in. I think the Check out transaction area could be tweaked a little. When processing a sale it defaults to 'On Account' which is one extra click that I with I didn't have to do. If it was defaulted to Credit Card it would save the extra click on 70% of my transactions. Doesn't sound like much but it all helps.

Joslyne
Cosmetic Tattooist in New Zealand
Cosmetics, Self Employed

A solid 12/10

Comments: Mostly time management! Its also very easy to add to your website and allows clients to book their own appointments, all my clients have mentioned its very user friendly as well!

Pros:

I use to write down all my bookings in a big day planner, going back and fourth with clients to communicate a suitable time... this was VERY time consuming. A friend mentioned she used Timely for her business and I was very keen to try something new. Im extremely happy I switched to Timely as its honestly saved me sooo many hours and admin each week! It just makes sense!

Cons:

Im happy with everything Timely has to offer, I havent had any issues with it!

Nicole
Founder in Australia

Easy and efficient

Comments: My best friend told me about Timely and how it was perfect for her business and urged me to give it a go. I was hesitant at first but after seeing that I could try it for free for a month, I thought sure why not! I loved it instantly. So easy to use and it does everything I need it to do on the desktop version. I have synced Mailchimp and Paypal. So every time I get a new client it automatically updates them to Mailchimp. I take all payments through Paypal. It instantly creates buttons and links for all of my workshops to promote and book. Its great! The functionality of it is so simple. However, I am waiting for them to update the app so it has more functions on the phone! I travel with my work and use my phone while I am on the go. Once that's done it will meet all of the requirements. If you work from a desktop computer and have a service based business, I definitely encourage you to give it a go!

Pros:

How easy it is to use, the syncing of other programs and the cost.

Cons:

It doesn't have all of the features on the iPhone App version. I travel for work and don't carry my MacBook with me. I always carry my iPhone and use that for seeing and rebooking my clients.

Kelly
Business Owner in Ireland
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Timely, its almost Perfect

Comments: Several
online booking
payment acceptance
POS to some degree

Pros:

This is a great software for anyone taking bookings & running a business. It is super easy to use, the customer support is very good. The price point is in line with the services it DOES offer. Online booking with a system that allows you full control on how to run your business & accept payment online. There are very few comparisons to what this software offers.

Cons:

I am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs. I have been hoping for the last 3 years they would get one but nothing as of yet. They have made strides in many other areas, this would be such a bonus for me if they would implement that.

Oliver
Owner in Canada

Timely is Likely What You're Looking For

Comments: I've been using Timely for about a year now and I've been very satisfied with what it offers for the (absolutely reasonable) amount of money that I pay each month. What I like most about Timely is its ease of use coupled with clean and beautiful design. The team behind the app has obviously gone to great lengths to make sure the UI is top notch. For the market Timely goes after I can't name any flaws. The only word of caution is to make sure you don't need something with more features. For the price, Timely does have a ton of features but depending on the complexity of your business it may not be enough. Let's compare Timely with the equally well designed Front Desk. Here are some things that it has which Timely doesn't: - Courses/workshops
- Wait list management with auto enrolling
- Deeper/more detailed Mailchimp integration
- Client self check-in iPad app
- Staff Payroll
- Deep client/staff notification customization
The other side of the coin is that Front Desk starts at $129 USD per month where Timely starts at $15 USD per month. It really all depends on the kind of features that you're looking for.

Sophie
Spa Owner in New Zealand

Great experience

Comments: Great prices for a great software

Pros:

How simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information

Cons:

I would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area. It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.

Eleanor

Not worth the extra now

Comments: I used to think it was great and was the best out there.This recent price rise when I'm not using all the functions of the system has me looking at other options.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use now that I know how to work it.

Cons:

The recent price rise has me looking at Fresha.It's almost impossible to change the emails and texts that go out automatically

Sangita
Naturopathic doctor in US
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Functional, easy to use and affordable

Comments: Timely offers all the functionality and quality of other scheduling software programs for half the price. Timely is simple, easy to use and beautifully designed. Timely is easy to navigate even for folks like me with very little scheduling software experience. I would suggest Timely to anyone looking for a simple, easy to use, fully functional and affordable way to organize and streamline their scheduling process.

Pros:

It is simple, beautifully designed, easy to use and has all the features of more expensive software programs. The phone app is also very easy to use and navigate. I use it almost daily to check my appointments and make changes to my schedule. I am so happy I found Timely!

Cons:

I would like to be able to offer certain services on certain days only through the online scheduler integrated into my website.

Vanessa
Director in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Why isn't everyone doing this?!?!?

Comments: Their customer support is amazing, which I have only had to use 2x, they are that good! To have your calendar access anytime anywhere on any device, who wouldnt love it!! And with the ability to send text reminders to our customers phones has cut down on missed appointments drastically! This service is a must for our family owned business. Wouldn't do without it!!

Pros:

The price is perfect, and with all that they offer -- Id expect to pay much more. I love the services and accessability of the gettimely calendar. And if theres a problem, they are all over it right away. Cant say enough good things about them!

Cons:

I wish that it was also an ap that I could put on my phone and devices, that way I wouldnt have to get onto the internet just to check the calendar, but its pretty perfect as it is. :)

Rebecca
Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Timely software review

Comments: I'm loving my experience with Timely. It does everything I need it to pretty much. I gave it 4 out of 5 for features & functionality as there is always room for improvement with everything. I do wish I could phone for support sometimes but they really are so fast at getting back to me via email that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Definitely love it for the cost of the program which is the main selling point for me. If I had to pay more I might look for something that has phone support and someone to come and teach me personally, but with this, I didn't really need that for the size of my business. Most of my clients really comment how much they love the online booking and how easy it is to use. Some say they couldn't figure it out but admit they struggle with things like that. Some clients do have trouble rescheduling their appointment and get confused so will call the salon instead. The main thing I wish I had more freedom with is the number of characters I have to use for confirmation and reminder text messaging. Also, I wish when clients made their appointment online they would receive an email saying their appointment has been made successfully without my having to make the setting automatically confirm their appointment on making it. The reason is because when it is automatically confirmed, I have to manually change all the appointments to pencilled in, if I want clients to receive a confirmation SMS a day or so before their actual appointment, otherwise they can only receive a reminder SMS which doesn't automatically ask them to answer Y or N if they are coming. When clients don't receive any kind of email when they make their online booking they worry it wasn't made successfully so I keep they setting as automatically confirmed. I hope that makes sense.

Brilliant!!

Comments: Been using Timely for a while now for my personal training business and it's by far the best booking and invoicing system I have come across! I have tried other systems but they were either too complex, unsuitable for my business needs or extremely slow. I love how it sync's to MYOB too, saves so much time; but the stand out feature for me, which sets it apart from any other system, is the customer service you receive. No question goes unanswered and their response time is quick. They treat you as a person, and not a number. Timely has grown since I first started using it, newer and better features are always being added and built upon, and throughout this time their exceptional customer service has remained as brilliant as ever. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Pros:

Ease of use Features Customer service Speed (no lagging) Price

Leisa
Acupuncturist-Owner in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Sole Practitioner- Acupuncturist

Comments: Easy to use, great features, everthing at your fingertips, great price, saves time and money. Luv it!!!!

Pros:

Cost is a big factor when a Sole Practitioner, the low cost and great product and service is a winner for me!! Get timely offers features that other companies charge a fortune for. I am very grateful to timely for their commitment to their clients and making it possible for me to have access to software that improves my efficiency, is easy and enjoyable to use and saves and makes me money!!!

Cons:

The only thing I probably find a little tedious is the confirm buttons and complete buttons. Would be nice if had option to take them off and when raise sale the software automatically confirms and completes appointment. I understand how these are necessary for online bookings and multiple staff, Thank you.