15 years helping British businesses

About Lever

Grow your people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source and hire the right people with LeverTRM.

Learn more about Lever

Pros:

It is extremely easy to use, and the customer support team is great.

Cons:

Sometimes I get a little stuck and won't be able to find a person, or permissions don't seem equal across the board.

Lever ratings

4.6
4.6
4.3
4.4

8.6/10

Lever has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 629 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lever before?

Irma
Irma
Talent Acquisitions in US
Museums & Institutions, 51–200 Employees

The Lever Team has created an efficient & user friendly ATS!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great customer service. Great support! We were lucky with our implementation specialist, Tom Marino!

Pros:

The ease of reviewing resumes, rating applicants, communication with applicants and internal team members, and the reminders on pending tasks.

Cons:

Scheduling panel interviews. It is somewhat of a challenge in the sense that holding time on panelist calendars before actually scheduling the interview and candidates can be streamlined a little bit further.

Alex
Talent Acquisition Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Lever for the Win!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall switching to Lever has made our TA Team more efficient and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Lever is a fantastic ATS and very easy to use. We love use automations to automate some of our manual tasks, it's very easy to set up interviews with Lever's interface. The many integrations help speed up our onboarding process as well! Implementation was a breeze, [sensitive content hidden] was a great implementation manager and was working along side me the whole way.

Cons:

Lever has a feature to book phone screens which is convenient but doesn't let you add buffer time between calls. I'm hoping they add this feature in a recent update.

Alexander
Lever Admin and Lead Recruiter in US

Clean Functionality, but Major Flaws

Pros:

Lever has made a great many clever, intelligent design choices. For example, color coding makes for a clean UI with clear calls to action, so that when a candidate needs to be scheduled for an interview, a big blue "schedule" button appears next to their name.

Cons:

Our company recently made a terrible discovery about some secret Lever functionality. It turns out that some our top executives have been somehow put on a secret "Suppressions List" which caused all of the messages being sent to them within Lever to be blocked. Many of these messages were time sensitive and mission critical. As a result of this "secret suppression", several top candidates bottlenecked at key points in the hiring process. After not receiving a response, many of them dropped out and extremely valuable talent was lost. So instead of accelerating our recruiting process, this suppression list functionality damaged our process. And the WORST part of all this is that Lever never once informed us about any of this. We discovered it ourselves. No one in our company was notified when our executives were added to this censor list No one in our company was ever informed that this could EVER happen No documentation or info was ever provided to us about this kind of "Suppressions List" functionality We still do not know how this Suppressions List is tracked or maintained This Suppressions List functionality is not covered in any of the Lever on boarding training with new clients This Suppressions List is not described anywhere in the Lever HELP documentation This Suppressions List is not accessible to our Lever Admins Why would any legitimate ATS company build such terrible gestapo like censorship into the bones of their product? We are still scratching our heads on this question, while we try to undo the damage that was caused

Paige
Paige
Talent Systems Specialist in US
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

A Game-Changer for Hiring!

Comments: Using Lever has been transformative for our team. It's not just a tool, but a comprehensive solution that has revolutionized our hiring process. From the moment we started using it, we saw a significant improvement in our efficiency. The features are easy to use and cover all of our needs, even addressing needs we didn't know we had! While there's always room for improvement, Lever has truly exceeded our expectations and made a positive impact on our talent team's day-to-day operations.

Pros:

Lever has been a game-changer for us! It’s like a one-stop-shop for all our hiring needs. From job descriptions to candidate data, everything is just a click away. And the best part? It’s got features we didn’t even know we needed until we had them!

Cons:

Well, no system is perfect. If I had to pick, I’d say Lever could do a bit more when it comes to user access customization. It would be super helpful if we could create access profiles for different teams. But who knows, maybe that’s in the cards for a future update!

Neha
Senior People Ops Advisor in Australia
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Smooth ATS & Recruitment Software

Pros:

Easy to set up User friendly Integrates with good HRIS systems

Cons:

Perhaps customer service could be better. It;s not a concern but something that they can improve a bit

Jessica
Talent Lead in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Super Smooth Lever Implementation

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] provided THE BEST implementation experience. Migrating over to Lever came at a time when there was not a lot of time to devote to implementation projects, but he made the work feel managable, possible, and always a team effort. The layout of the implementation was always concise and clear, with all questions always answered with confidence and context. He was also always a joy to speak to and I always looked forward to the meetings. I couldn't recommend him enough.

Cons:

If I had to nit pick, it would be the inability to customize interview buckets for each role.

Michela
Senior Talent Partner in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Lever is a great ATS - functional and great value for money

4.0 last month New

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] was an amazing implementation specialist and project manager, he made sure that everything was smooth and answered all of my questions. It's been a really positive and enjoyable experience.

Pros:

I like Lever's scheduling tool the most. I also like the home page interviews, approval requests and feedback dashboards.

Cons:

I wish that we could buffer time slots between calls and limit how many calls can be scheduled in the easy-book link per day.

Aimee
Recruiting Coordinator in US
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

So Easy to Use!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall happy with Lever. Seems to be able to do everything we need it to.

Pros:

Lever is extremely easy to use. I like that you can see which opportunities the candidates are tied to in their candidate profiles. Moving candidates between stages is a breeze. I like the Chrome extension which has been quick and easy to add candidates to the system.

Cons:

It seems more geared towards US hires and not international which is a bummer. I also don't like the fact that Lever doesn't have an electronic signing option for candidates. If you want that you have to add Adobe Sign or DocuSign which is another expense. Lastly, it would be really great if there was an option to have the interviews tab show all of the upcoming interviews that the Recruiting Coordinator has scheduled. Not just their own upcoming interviews.

Whitney
Global Senior Technical Recruiter in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Lever for the Win

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our implementation and onboarding experience with Lever was fantastic. [sensitive content hidden] listened to everything that we had to say, whether it was pushing for updates, frustrations with understanding, or excitement around how improved our new system was. He was always willing to help us out, go above and beyond supporting us through emails, and follow up with items he didn't have an answer to right away. [sensitive content hidden] made the experience!

Pros:

One of my favorite features is the job posting template. It is so easy to add the pieces that are part of each job posting and only have to worry about updating the details for the specific role.

Cons:

Requesting candidate availability is not something that we can do (yet?) and it does make it difficult to collect that data. We are making it work the best we can until that is hopefully added to the roadmap.

HR Generalist in US

Complex ATS with many features

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I think if you have the budget for a dedicated ATS and can effectively train all users on the platform and its many features, you'll find that this platform worth the extreme cost, which is about equivalent to a full, smaller HRIS.

Pros:

Lever has many great features that make applicant tracking, interviewing, etc. much easy and more automated than some competitors. It is extremely robust and offers quite a bit as a dedicated ATS. They are one of the biggest in the ATS space for a reason.

Cons:

The cost is extremely high for a small business and if you aren't using all of the features, the ROI is not as high as it should be. The UI is overly complex and hard to navigate and use for the average user. Managers often commented on the struggle to engage fully with the platform.

Aaron
Principal Talent Acquisition Consultant in Canada
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Game-changing ATS for either Agency or Corporate Recruitment

Comments: I've been using Lever for nearly 11 months at two different companies - initially as a super-user, and most recently had the pleasure of implementing it from scratch at the latest organization I'm consulting to. While the full version of the software mostly works while browsing using tablets, support has indicated that they only support Windows or Mac platforms. I have used most features at ease on iOS on an iPad Pro 10", and 12.9" - but certain key features fail, and responsiveness lags despite it being about 80% workable. The sales process was consistently professional and personable. At no point did I ever feel pressure from anyone in the sales organization to make a quick decision on the product as it suited their month or quarter end targets - which spoke to their interest in securing long-term clients. The thoroughness in the implementation process, train-the-trainer, and direct support in hiring manager training further assisted greatly in increasing user adoption. This wasn't just a one-off sale for them, but a long-term partnership - and am grateful to have been able to work with such a superb ATS software vendor from the selection process through post-implementation. I have and will continue to recommend them unreservedly in the future.

Pros:

Intuitive workflows whether an expert or notice on the system. User adoption is high due to terrific UI/UX. Responsive technical support. Implementation leads that really care about the success of the implementation. Feature development and road-mapping that is responsive to end-users.

Cons:

Lack of calendar synchronization and room availability support for enterprise users not fully on G-Suite or Office 365. Lack of SMS integration. Lack of consistent bug resolution follow-through. Lack of full support for non-desktop/laptop browsers, ie: Chrome on iOS on a 10" or 12.9" iPad Pro.

CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great candidate-centric ATS.

Comments: Overall we're really really happy with Lever. It's a huge improvement to our last ATS and will be critical in our next stage of growth. It's really a well-designed system.

Pros:

Our company operates similarily to a recruiting agency, which means we tend to hire for the same job on an ongoing basis, as opposed to hiring one or two candidates, then closing the job. Because of this, Lever helped us understand that we need a candidate-centric ATS, as opposed to a job centric ATS. This is a critical distinction when evaluating ATS, and is why we selected Lever over other systems. The best feature is the global pipeline view that you see when you first log in. It makes understanding the pipeline really easy. And you can filter it down by job, recruiter, etc. which is also really helpful. It's really the best UI / UX of any ATS pipeline that we've seen. We also really like the tagging and automation tools. Also the tight linkedin integration is nice. Oh, and two-way email sync with gmail is a critical feature for us that not all ATS have.

Cons:

The reporting can be a little hard to understand at times. It doesn't have a direct integration with indeed, zip recruiter, or other job boards, so job distribution isn't as good as our last system (workable). But we're making it work.

Cinthia
Cinthia
Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Best ATS Ever!!

Comments: The team has been amazing! Since the 1st contact, demos, implementation, everything has been great!

Pros:

The integrations with LinkedIn, HackerRank, Fetcher, Slack are amazing!

Cons:

Please give us Hiring Manager Satisfaction Surveys and improve the automation feature!!

Susan
Talent Acquisition Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent Onboarding Experience

Comments: Great experience at this time.

Pros:

As a recent customer of Lever, we've just completed the implementation phase. It's been a very smooth onboarding experience, and we have received excellent support from [sensitive content hidden]. The posting and requisition process is simple, and we appreciate that custom fields can be created to support business needs and reporting.

Cons:

As a new customer, there is nothing that we dislike about Lever at this time. One product suggestion is the ability to auto-email reports created through Data Explorer.

Emily
Emily
HR Generalist in US
Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Great ATS for a small HR team

Comments: Our initial talks with Lever before selecting the ATS as well as our implementation process could not have been easier and more enjoyable! Ever member of our team was available to answer questions and walk us through the process and troubleshoot any roadblocks (though there were not many!)

Pros:

Lever provides valuable insights for a small HR team lacking a dedication recruiter. We were able to streamline our process, implement standardized feedback forms, and more easily communicate with candidates at every step of the process. We love having a single source of truth and know that Lever will be able to grow with our team.

Cons:

The reporting feature is a little daunting but that's mostly because my team has never had an ATS before, so this is all new to us! The upcoming additional data visualizations in reporting I think will make this transition easier for me and my team.

Cristina
Talent Acquisition Lead in Romania
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Intuitive and on-point

Pros:

- Intuitive and easy to use by all stakeholders - Wide array of integrations and smart in-built features - Exceptional implementation & support team - really know how to translate an org's needs into features that can be leveraged(thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!) - For recruitment teams whose work is heavily dependent on sourcing, the Lever Chrome extension is gold! - A true collaborative platform

Cons:

- Access names are a bit confusing, but it does help to clarify them to stakeholders from the start - Would love a more granular approach to location, since LinkedIn doesn't recognize a : "<Country>, Remote" format

James
Director of Talent Acquisition

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Pros:

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since. When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.

Cons:

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Mike
VP of Engineering in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

Comments: I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros:

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm"). Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons:

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen. Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

Ashley
Senior Manager, People Operations in US
Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

Easy to Deploy

Comments: I've had a good experience with Lever for multiple years, at my last and current company. Once you know how to manipulate items in the system.

Pros:

Lever is easy to implement and get off the ground. The implementation only took a week or so starting with no ATS to begin with. Operates like a salesforce esq platform, sales and marketing typically find it easier to use than other teams.

Cons:

Data and reporting has been up and down. They updated reporting recently and I've had some issues with it, hoping they rework it in the future.

Kyle
People Data Analyst & Project Admin in US
Banking, 201–500 Employees

Awesome ATS!

Comments: In our search to implement a new applicant tracking system at our organization, we came across Lever and were so excited about the platform and what we could do with it. One of our biggest wish list items was a system that not only would help us integrate different recruiting and onboarding processes for a more streamlined applicant journey, but also one that looked great and was easy to use. Lever had it all and the feedback we have received on it since implementing has been great! Lever helps us feel empowered to make changes as needed in the platform easily without getting lost in admin menus and various settings configurations that are so hard to replicate. It’s simple yet sleek and is honestly refreshing coming from our previous ATS. On top of all this, they have a wonderful team from implementation to support should we need to reach out on something. We definitely recommend Lever and hope you like it as much as we do!

Pros:

Lever is an easy to use platform with a fresh look and feel from an admin and candidate perspective. Streamlined integrations with numerous other systems and a sync with our internal communication channels.

Cons:

At this time there is nothing that we dislike about the platform.

Mary
Mary
Talent Lead in US
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

Lever Changed My Recruiting Game For The Better - There Is NO Reason Not To Make This Your Go-To ATS

Comments: Lever has helped build + nurture talent relationships far better than any tool or self-imposed regime. It also helps streamline hiring for teams that are new to interviewing and educate at the same time. I love its ability to track and project manage, especially in multiple ways (analytics, visual staging, etc) and identity strengths/pain points.

Pros:

Nurture campaigns, the emphasis on candidates vs job, reporting capabilities, and hyper customizable Feedback, Email, Interviews, + staging. Additionally, Customer Experience is beyond excellent. Any support you need, it's there, responsive, solution-oriented, and faster than you can blink.

Cons:

I don't. I love Lever. I will name my firstborn after this robust product.

Maria
Sales Executive in Jordan
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

ideal solution for searching the best talent & applying fair criteria to select the best candidates

Comments: Lever provided us with an effective strategy for recruiting the best talent. The automation of Lever made it easy to job postings and receive applications, while the sorting and filtering capabilities eliminated the need to manually review resumes and applications. Additionally, Lever documented all interview and evaluation procedures transparently.

Pros:

Our organization has found Lever to be the perfect talent acquisition solution. Lever provides intelligent functionality and automation that simplifies its usage, allowing us to easily create, edit, and publish job postings and experiences across various social media platforms, notably LinkedIn. Lever's automation feature guarantees that no suitable candidate is overlooked by automatically sorting through applications. I especially appreciate that Lever allows us to manage all stages of recruitment, share feedback and ratings about candidates transparently, and automatically document all updates on the candidate's page.

Cons:

It's not too complicated, especially since the customization capabilities are excellent. I just hope that some restrictions are removed so we can add grades/marks during the quick review process for a large list of applicants.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Love using this ATS

Comments: Overall, I have always enjoyed using Lever and have appreciated the feature and integrations updates they have continued to make over the years which has definitely improved the ease of use.

Pros:

I have been a champion for Lever since I began using it over 4 years ago. It's an ideal ATS for small recruiting teams and has helped streamline the recruiting process while being the source of record for candidates. The platform has great integrations with sourcing tools, hiring platforms, and new-hire tools like background checks and HRIS systems. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time using this platform.

Cons:

The cost can be pretty high for the basic software so I'm some smaller companies or startups would not be able to afford this technology. I've always struggled with the reporting section. I find it highly confusing and I don't always feel the data is 100% correct. This can be hard as reporting on data in Recruiting is very important, and you want that data to be correct if sharing it with the leadership team or hiring managers.

Jiyoung
recruiter in South Korea
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Very good to find and manage candidate and the stage

Comments: Generally, it's very good

Pros:

I really like that I can search the candidates very easily and change the stage.

Cons:

- We probably can improve more language support like resume titles or secondary application submission. - Can I see that the NPS has been sent to each managers and candidate? I would like to remind them to sumbit but as I don't know when they get exactly, I have less possibility to track.- Also I wish I could see the candidates by requisition as well(not just merely with postings). - I do hope that I can have some filter options in the requisition section like hiring managers, dates, titles etc. - How the requisition update date is defined? seems any interaction is regarded as update so I do not know how to track exactly.

Brie
Recruiter in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes.

Pros:

- easy to navigate - simple setup and settings management - easy tracking of candidates and pipeline - bulk actions - collaboration: Notes features and secret notes - Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.) - Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign - can have agencies submit into the tool - customizable feedback forms

Cons:

- hard to customize certain processes - can't customize access for all employees - some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality - difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing - agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated - overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues