Filter by:

• Overall

About ActiveDEMAND

Full featured digital marketing platform built for marketing agencies

Learn more about ActiveDEMAND

Christina S.
Director of Digital Marketing in US

Active Demand from an Agency Perspective

4 last year

Comments: Overall I have been very pleased with the platform. The chat function is very helpful and I almost always get an immediate response and help resolving the issues that I have. With any playform there are "gotchas" that come to light after you get in to it more intently, and I have encountered those with Active Demand, like the incredibly slow load times when cloning elements, and certain clunky parts of the interface, but my overall experience with both the software and the customer service has been positive.

Pros:

The capabilities that I appreciate most on Active Demand are the list filterting email developer/editor. I appreciate the amount of criteria that you can filter your lists by, giving the ability to add or remove contacts to your lists seamlessly and easily. The email developer is easy to use, aside from a few small glitches.

Cons:

My least favorite thing about the platform is the amount of time reporting takes to propegate. I can't see real-time performance from email campaigns, at best I can see data after 24 hours or so, but if you like mo monitor your campaigns more closely, this will fall short.

last year

Hi Christina, Thank you for taking a moment to give us a review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our software. We are sorry to hear you are having some issues - specifically with real-time reporting. We do have real-time dashboard widgets for email campaigns and we encourage chatting with our support team to answer questions about how to set it up - they are super friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your comments!

Jeff H.
Sales Director in US

Might be great software, but...

3 3 years ago

Pros:

It provides us with email marketing analytics and helps us understand contact rating in our engagement model.

Cons:

I'm not an Admin of this system. I'm just a user. We have it hooked up to our CRM, which is where I spend most of my time. My opinion is that this might be great software for someone who is an admin trying to track analytics for a big company, but we are small and when we hooked this thing up to our CRM, there were a number of things that were either over-looked by the ActiveDemand Implementation Consulting team or my company cheaped out and didn't want to spend the necessary money that was required to make this thing work right... so, in the end, it's screwed up a bunch of my CRM data and I've been spending a bunch of time stumbling across bad data and duplicates then need to be removed, merged, including contacts who get re-mapped to other account owners or even the wrong account! Additionally, there are a ton of meaningless data entries now gumming up the running history in my CRM so that it's near impossible for me to find my last meeting notes... It's been a mess, so we had to delete a bunch of those system automated data entry notes in the CRM history, as well, and then turned off ALL live connection to CRM and do a simple "Post to CRM" from ActiveDemand and I'm a happy camper, again. Also, the Chrome extension runs too much interference on my processor when I am doing other research or hitting other web sites. Caching like crazy until I turned off the extension.

3 years ago

Hi Jeff, Thank you for the honest feedback. One of the main reasons people choose ActiveDEMAND is our deep integration with CRMs. There is a lot of information that can pass between ActiveDEMAND and the CRM and back again, thus it does require planning to ensure the integration is meeting the business requirements. Turning everything on and pushing everything ActiveDEMAND has into the CRM is technically possible, but not recommended. Sales people need information, not data. Most people are not used to having the capability of driving so much information into the CRM (like we provide) ... someone thought it would be useful to get EVERYTHING into the CRM (like ice cream, a little is great, a lot must be AWESOME!) which caused your early issues. We do not charge for CRM integration services, our consultants are always available to review an integration. Please take advantage of our exceptional support staff, we are here to help. The ActiveDEMAND team.

Jon O.
Jon O.
Content specialist in UK
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

Powerful functionality, once you get around the user experience

4 2 years ago

Comments: We were trying to implement marketing automation, and to capture leads from our website and put them into Salesforce. We have been successful with both of those, and I have been particularly impressed with the quality and flexibility of ActiveDEMAND's support team.

Pros:

You can do an awful lot with ActiveDEMAND. Automation workflows, form submissions, CRM integration, email creation and sending, lead scoring - it's all there. I would say that it outperforms Pardot and possibly even HubSpot, while being less money.

Cons:

The user experience is horrendous. Once you know where things are, what icons mean, and get inside the head of the people who built it, you can get around with relative ease. But until that point, you are pretty much reliant on the support people for help. The good news is that the support team are EXTREMELY helpful and don't mind you talking to them on the chat three, four times a day!

2 years ago

Hi Jon, Thanks for your feedback on the ActiveDEMAND software. You have provided some very positive comments and also some items that we can improve upon so thank you for that. We continue to work on the software to make the user experience better and provide stellar support as we continue to update and grow. Thanks again for the comments!

Claudia P.
Fund Administrator in US
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees

Awesome product!

4 2 years ago

Comments: I work in venture capital and use ActiveDemand for fund-raising purposes. I found it easy to use, customer service is excellent, and has all of the features that are important to me. Pricing is reasonable considering other companies that offer the same features charge twice as much. I am happy with ActiveDemand and I recommend it.

Pros:

The Customer Support and his support team have provided to me is exceptional. When I was a new subscriber, He called me every week. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the product. Months later and he still calls me although not as often which is great but I know I can count on him when I need him. Also, I was looking for manual and automatic scoring. This was not a feature I could find in most of the vendors I talked to. Also, it is so easy to use that I got very little training.

Cons:

When editing the email, the "Text" removes the spaces between the paragraphs. Most importantly, I would like to have the option to sort the contact lists. Lastly, it is not easy for me to determine if someone has unsubscribed or if the email I sent was blocked by the recipient's firewall. This is very important to me so I would really appreciate if I could somehow separate the unsubscribers from the ones who didn't unsubscribe but that are showing a red circle next to their email address.

2 years ago

Hi Claudia, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate all feedback and we are happy to hear ActiveDEMAND is providing value to you. We work constantly to improve what ActiveDEMAND offers and your suggestions to improve the UI are appreciated. Thank you for your positive feedback for our support team. We have to agree - they are pretty great.

Andy Z.
Director of Inbound Marketing in US

Outstanding features

5 3 years ago

Comments: It's a one-stop shop for all your marketing automation needs. I have not found any other platform that has all of the features that ActiveDemand does at the price they offer. It's a great option for marketers who want the full-range of marketing automation activities that are possible.

Pros:

ActiveDemand incorporates all features you want in marketing automation: landing pages, forms, email, anonymous visitor tracking, integration with CRM, and custom workflows (in addition to all of the baseline marketing automation: lead scoring, contact tracking, etc.). It's very easy to implement on any website via JS or Wordpress plugin-- so you can work independently of the website if you don't have access to the backend (great option for marketing agencies). VERY competitive on pricing as well.

Cons:

There is a little bit of a learning curve when starting out. But once you get a feel for where things are and how they operate in the platform, you'll have everything you want at your fingertips. Putting a little bit of time in learning the platform greatly pays off in the long run (and they have great support!).

3 years ago

Hi Andy, Thanks for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all comments and feedback and we are happy you are getting value from the platform. We are always working to make the on-boarding experience easier and have added an in-platform assistant to walk you through tasks. And thanks for the shout out to our support team. We agree...they are fantastic.

Rachel Q.
Strategist/Brand Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Beefy System, But Not Intuitive

4 2 years ago

Comments: We were excited to have one place to house our lists, email/phone/text campaigns, leads, schedulers, automations, etc. Unfortunately, it's been much more challenging to make AD work for us, and you almost feel like you need a programmer around to help get everything set up.

Pros:

There is a ton of functionality in Active Demand.

Cons:

It's so difficult to navigate. The user experience is very frustrating because we understand it can do a lot of powerful things, but figuring out how to make it work is difficult. It's also pretty limited from a design standpoint when it comes to email templates, schedulers, landing pages, etc.

2 years ago

Hi Rachel, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback for our software. And your suggestions will help us continue to improve the UI and make using ActiveDEMAND easier. We also recommend accessing our support team for help and/or using our implementation services where we can set up what you need. Thanks again!

Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Business Development Executive in US
Plastics, 11-50 Employees

Highly integrated software for pipe drive CRM

5 3 years ago

Pros:

What's great about this software is that it's linked directly to my current CRM system. It tracks emails and drip campaigns, it will track calls with a click the call feature and transcribe the conversation for documentation process. It identifies who is being prospected online as well as identifying prospects on the webpage how long and what pages of interest. This is a great sales tool for any organization looking to see what activity is really working for your company.

Cons:

It's a lil tricky if your not technologically savvy and can be a bit pricy for a smaller organization.

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Brittany! We are constantly improving the user experience of our software and your feedback is extremely helpful in that endeavor. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!

Amanda B.
Marketing Specialist in
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees

Excellent product

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We used ActiveDEMAND for about a year and it helped us organize our email especially. We were using all sorts of different things before.

Matt Q.
CEO in US

A lot of functionality under 1 roof

2 2 years ago

Pros:

How many different things it did to reduce the amount of software needed.

Cons:

The learning curve is steep and it is often very hard to figure out how to do some things that seem like they should be fairly simple. Even the staff has a hard time agreeing if or how some things can be done.

2 years ago

Hi Matt, Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback for our software. We understand there is a bit of a learning curve as it is a very robust platform. Because it is so in-depth our support team is constantly learning with the goal of serving our users better. We will continue to work on our processes and improve. Thanks again for the feedback!

Louis-paul B.
Louis-paul B.
President Fondateur in Canada

Great source of insight

5 3 years ago

Comments: Value for the price is great, I recommend this platform for call tracking!

Pros:

I primarely use ActiveDemand for call tracking. This is really useful to identify from witch paid campaign the calls are emerging from and to know where to put the marketing money.

Cons:

It's a bit tricky to get around at first and to connect with Google Ads, you need to know how to code it.

3 years ago

Thanks for taking a moment to review Louis-Paul. Your feedback helps us improve our platform so your comments are appreciated. We are happy you are getting value from ActiveDEMAND call tracking. And as always, if you need help with any of our other features, our friendly support team is ready to help.

Andy D.
Andy D.
owner in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Robust...but not what we needed.

3 2 years ago

Pros:

There is a lot to this software. It had a calendar scheduling feature that we liked.

Cons:

I do not think that the software is user friendly. I really struggled using many of it's features.

2 years ago

Hi Andy, Thank you for the review. We appreciate all feedback to help us improve our software. We understand that our software can have a steep learning curve because there are so many features. We encourage users to take advantage of all of our training tools - support portal, how-to videos, in-product step-by-step demos. And of course, reach out to our in-house support team. They are fantastic and always ready to help.

Director of Digital Strategy in US

ActiveDemand - Great tool once you learn it

3 3 years ago

Pros:

Once it is set-up, it syncs and integrates nicely with your website and social media, making it easier to manage/control how and when you are communicating with your audience.

Cons:

Steep learning curve. If you are not it the tool all the time, it is difficult to pick-up and remeber where to go to do everything.

3 years ago

Hello! Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform. Thanks again for your comments. The ActiveDEMAND Crew

Gary C.
Marketing Manager in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great software for contact list management, marketing and email tracking

5 7 years ago

Comments: We've been using ActiveDemand for over a year and have been very pleased with the results. It was easy to import our existing contacts into the database and build email campaigns targeted to our specific needs. The staff excels at customer service, guiding us through any questions we have and responding to our needs within a very short time period.

Amanda F.
Sales Support in Canada
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

AD review

3 last year

Pros:

I like that it is consistently being updated with new features.

Cons:

I cannot edit my workflows with the current package I am on, and do not need the extra features and benefits of the corporate marketer package as we are a small business.

Victor M.
VP Sales & Marketing in Canada

Everything I need to run the company and more

5 last year

Comments: I needed to decomission Pardot, and merge several other application and acquire new functionality to be responsive to our needs. Support was fantastic and got me running very fast.

Pros:

It is feature-packed and covers all my needs from Marketing Automation, Lead conversion, Account-Based Marketing. Power dialer, Social, and much more I have to yet implemented.

Cons:

Workflow designer can be a slow on on very large workflows.

last year

Hi Victor. Thank you for your positive comments. We are very happy to hear that ActiveDEMAND is meeting your needs and expectations. And we are making improvements all the time - the speed of the platform being a particular focus - and we have recently improved the speed of our workflows. We hope you notice the change. Thanks again!

Kristina A.
Marketing Director in US

Great Price, Great Product, Lots of Features That Can Be Confusing to Setup

4 last year

Comments: Overall I like that ActiveDemand allows me to get a pulse on website analytics, call tracking, and email marketing performance all in one place, and that I can manage all three from one place as well. This is a huge time savings working for an advertising agency with multiple clients. It makes reporting so much easier, especially since it integreates with many third party CRMs for full ROI tracking.

Pros:

I love that ActiveDemand integrates Google Analytics, Call Tracking, and email marketing all into one platform so that I don't have to login to multiple different platforms to get a handle on how campaigns are performing. It also integreates with PipeDrive and other CRMs easily for full ROI tracking.

Cons:

ActiveDemand has all the features you could want from a marketing automation platform; however, I sometimes feel it's a "jack of all trades, master of none." The UI can be confusing because it does integrate so many different things, and I feel like I have to chat with support often to figure out what I need to do. Also, they push updates sometimes that change your previous settings and you won't know until it becomes an issue.

last year

Hi Kristina, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the positive comments and also your insights about where we need to improve. ActiveDEMAND is a very powerful system with a lot of features, and as such there is a bit of a learning curve. As you know, we take a full contact approach to helping our clients succeed with the platform. We are always looking for ways to improve so thank you again!

Kevin W.
Kevin W.

Incredible Value

5 5 years ago

Comments: I was looking for something different, a competitive advantage for my agency. We are trying to be leading edge and I find Active Demand provides that to us. The features that Active Demand have has grown exponentially and their support is second to none. They really value their clients and work 24 hours to make sure they're happy. I highly recommend trying out the software and seeing how it can help grow your agency. Kevin

Gerry W.
Marketing Manager in Canada
Machinery, 11-50 Employees

Active Demand applied to Industrial Marketing

4 3 years ago

Comments: We just signed up for 5 years in a one year subscription model, so I would have to say we are all in.

Pros:

The main benefit to me/us is the ability to "know" what is going on at all times, in real time. We make a change we see the result, good or bad and can manage a process forward in real time. Lead nurturing is critical and fairly easy to set up. The on-line support/chat function is good, but the people are GREAT. love getting real help from rel people.

Cons:

Learning curve is challenging, as it some of the trickier back end functions

3 years ago

Hi Gerry, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform. Thank you again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation software.

Eeva S.
Project manager in Finland

Positive surprise

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall I am happy with ActiveDemand. I have developed our digital and online marketing a lot with ActiveDemand.

Pros:

Support team is always ready to help and usually they are very fast with it. It has been a positive surprise, that they also listen to users's needs and ideas and actually create alterations and new features based on those ideas.

Cons:

Some of the videos are old and the software does not look the same now, so they are sometimes a bit confusing.

3 years ago

Hi Eeva, Thank you for taking time to review ActiveDEMAND. Your comments and feedback are always welcome and helpfu for us to improve your experience with the software. We have been working to update older videos and make them easier to understand. We've also added our in-product assistant to walk through tasks. Thank you again!

Digital Marketing Strategist in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Good product but lacking good UX

5 3 years ago

Comments: Active Demand provides great value to our clients, however the interface is not intuitive and hard to use and set up.

Pros:

The reports that you are able to generate to automatically send

Cons:

The interface is not intuitive and UX is not great. It takes a long time to figure out how to do anything

3 years ago

Hello, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform. Thanks again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation platform.

Antonio S.
CEO in Italy

Testing AD

3 9 months ago

Comments: a nightmare.
Trying to set up some functions to discover that to change the logic (wrongly designed) you need to dismantle everything.
Not flexible, not intuitive. some features are totally nonsense and some do not work either, like the Dynamic Content, great idea, but tested several time it seem not reliable.
When I asked why they told us: " Oh, well you have set one parameter but the system also checks other parameters so it is possible that the viewer is already known by the system..." I really couldn't believe in such explanation.
Then you pay for something but there are several things that are not told, you are requested to pay other fees that nobody told at the beginning.
My feeling is I waste lot of time, effort and money.
ah, and in the Europe timezone you can't expect to have customer care in the morning, I can't imagine in asia.

Pros:

I liked the idea of the Dynamic Content. That would be a killer application.

Cons:

its overall poor execution and mainly its logic.

Jorgen S.
Marketing Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Challenging and fun!

4 5 years ago

Comments: Automated marketing. Saves a lot of time and we are able to keep in contact with our customers better.

Pros:

All of the functionality and the ability to build custom work-flows/campaigns. There are pre-built templates that have been very helpful and the support staff has been amazing.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve and some features are a little difficult to understand. Sometimes there seems to be a bit of a disconnect with the PipeDrive web hook.

4 years ago

Hi Jorgen, Thank you for your review of ActiveDEMAND. Your insight and comments are appreciated. We are happy you are finding the platform fun. Feedback is always welcome. Thanks again!

Victoria B.
Marketing Coordinator in US

Has all the features I need but not very intuitive

4 5 years ago

Pros:

Automatic email system. Setting up emails ahead of time and knowing they will send with no problem. I also like that it integrates with pipedrive

Cons:

How difficult it is to navigate. I feel like you have to be a coder to full know how to utilize this software. I also want to be able to see when someone receives and email (in pipedrive)

4 years ago

Thank you for your comments. All email activity is visible directly in Pipedrive. Email Open, Email Sent, Email link click, even Asset Download are default activities that are posted directly into Pipedrive

Stephanie F.
Senior Graphic Designer in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Senior graphic designer / marketing assistant

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great will continue to use for our business.

Pros:

The drip campaign is a great feature and easy to set up.

Cons:

Wish the email editior would have more options.

3 years ago

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for taking time to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate your comments and use the feedback to improve our software as we constantly update. Thank you again! The Crew from ActiveDEMAND

Charles C.
CEO in US

Best Email Autoresponder Creator Ever

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have been able to add a ton of customization to our communication with clients and prospects.

Pros:

I love how the email campaigns can be so easily set up with drag-and-drop ease.

Cons:

We cannot create an internal trigger to start an outside action. (We need to be able to have customer/prospect activities done within our AD funnels trigger our VOIQ Voice call system with full access to the information already in the AD data base. (Calls could reference names, addresses, company names, plus any other data we collected, to customize the interactive calls.) We believe the price is extremely high per contact.

2 years ago

Hi Charles, Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback. We are pleased you are finding value with ActiveDEMAND and we continue to update and improve to offer our users the best possible value and experience. Thanks again for choosing ActiveDEMAND!