15 years helping British businesses

About GanttPRO

With auto-scheduling, any changes in tasks, dates, or dependencies are automatically reflected.

Learn more about GanttPRO

Pros:

I really enjoy the project management UI design. The visually clear and easy-to-use features in defining projects and collaborations are very helpful.

Cons:

Kanban view has limited column options. It needs to be customizable.

GanttPRO ratings

4.8
4.8
4.7
4.7

9.2/10

GanttPRO has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 496 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GanttPRO before?

Rony
Rony
MBA Student in Brazil
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great WBS planning tool with resource management

Comments: I've been using GanttPro for a few weeks now and I can say it's one of the best project planning tools I've seen.
GanttPro was by far the best balance between the number of features and ease of use I found.
I do the International Executive MBA at SSBM (Swiss School of Business & Management) and validated that this software efficiently meets the requirements of the best management practices of WBS - Work Breakdown Structure in the project planning discipline. GanttPro is an excellent choice for small and medium complexity projects, delivering the essential resources for Work Breakdown Structure plan and tracking. Include resources management with costs allocation, and a kanban board to make simple the tasks update. It is a creative and easy-to-understand tool.

Pros:

User-friendly interface Smallest learning curve (it's possible to fully use all resources with just some small interactions) Great online tool compatible with Mac Resources planning with cost register

Cons:

Lack of Risk management, and Issues log. There isn't a good exportation view to put into follow-up reports (slide format)

Daniel
SAP Consultant in Brazil
Computer Software, Self Employed

Gantt ideal for projects

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I looked for several programs to generate a schedule and Gantt. I was almost giving up because I couldn't find some important features and ease of using the gantt. I ended up coming across ganttpro without much expectations and was pleasantly surprised. In ganttpro it is very easy to import through an excel spreadsheet and organize by EDT, numerically ordering the levels. Furthermore, what I liked most is being able to publish a viewing url without any problems and without the need for login on the part of the viewer. The visualization is clean and the observer can easily understand the evolution of the project, with a snapshot of the moment of generation or dynamically if you make any changes to the project.

Pros:

Cons:

When publishing the gantt viewing url for other people, it should be possible for you to insert an image, for example, the logo of the college, class work or even the logo of the client you are serving.

Alternatives Considered: TeamGantt and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO: Ease of use and configuration and sharing the gantt view with others.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A nice entry level tool for simple projects

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy user interface and most basic features are available for project management of simple company projects. There is no need of advanced project management knowledge to start using the tool.

Cons:

It is not an advanced tool like MS Project so do not expect to track multiple projects and shared resources or any other advanced features to track the project. Think of it as the entry level tool you can use for simple tasks in the company.

Laura
Associate Teaching Professor in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Robust Project Management Software

5.0 last month New

Pros:

GanttPRO has the robust project management software capabilities I need to manage complex projects. The Business version allows me to enter the work breakdown structure, task dependencies and resource information, so I can contain all triple constraint information in one place. Most other project management software products include only two aspects of the triple constraint: scope and time. GanttPRO has the capabilities to include the third constraint, cost, as well. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn. If I need to change project parameters in the planning stage or once the project is underway, the process is very straightforward. The finished product is visually clean and easy to interpret, which is important when sharing critical project information with stakeholders.

Cons:

Cannot modify WBS codes, and there is no capability to automatically level overallocated resources.

Maddie
Maddie
Game Developer in US
Computer Games, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GanttPro improved my project management

Comments: When it comes to managing several projects and spreadsheets, GanttPRO has been invaluable to me as a knowledgeable and professional-based platform.

Pros:

GanttPro's intuitive design is one of its most notable qualities. Even though I don't come from a project management background, I had no trouble learning how to utilize it. Using the simple drag-and-drop interface, you can quickly and easily create a Gantt chart, timeline, and task dependencies.

Cons:

While the UI is simple and straightforward to use, it does not allow for any personalization. It's hard to work with and lacks fluidity in terms of page layout and design.

Buddhi
Senior Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Easy to track tasks with this

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been a long time using this and I started with the free trial. I'm a happy user.

Pros:

I assign tasks to my junior resources and can track their real-time progress easily. Also can integrate with github and other dev tools. Task planning and managing dev tasks are really easy with this tool.

Cons:

There was a learning curve for me when I started using this.

James
Director in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Build management with GanttPRO

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very good, very happy with it, good intoduction

Pros:

GanttPRO is an outstanding task management software, deserving a full five-star rating. Its intuitive Gantt chart interface makes project planning seamless and highly efficient. The software offers robust features like task dependencies, progress tracking, and team collaboration tools, all of which significantly enhance productivity. Its user-friendly design ensures a smooth learning curve, while the customizable templates cater to various project needs. Real-time updates and notifications keep everyone on the same page, making it ideal for managing complex projects. GanttPRO's exceptional functionality and ease of use make it an indispensable tool for any project manager.

Cons:

No off line access or iPad functionality - just desktop

Elba
student in Netherlands
Environmental Services, Self Employed

Absolute game-changer!

5.0 last month New

Comments: I recently started using GanttPRO to manage my university tasks, and it has been an absolute game-changer! This tool has helped me visualize all my assignments, projects, and exams in a way that is both intuitive and incredibly detailed. One of the standout features for me is the ability to prioritize tasks. I can easily drag and drop items to reorder them based on their urgency and importance. This has made it much simpler to focus on what needs to be done first and allocate my time more efficiently. Another fantastic feature is the visual timeline. I can see all my activities laid out in a Gantt chart, which provides a clear overview of what’s coming up and how much time I have for each task. This has significantly reduced my stress levels, as I no longer worry about missing deadlines or overlapping commitments.
Moreover, GanttPRO's user-friendly interface makes it easy to update my schedule and track my progress. The colour-coding and customizable settings allow me to personalize my dashboard to suit my preferences, which keeps me motivated and organized.

Pros:

The interface is very friendly. Colours and the overall user experience

Cons:

The price is not fully transparent. You cannot get it for a month, apparently

Nour
ARCHITECT in Türkiye
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Tool for Project Management

5.0 last month New

Pros:

GanttPRO has been a game-changer for our project management needs. Its intuitive interface makes it incredibly easy to create, manage, and adjust Gantt charts, ensuring that all team members are on the same page. The drag-and-drop functionality for tasks and deadlines is especially user-friendly, saving us significant time in planning and adjustments. Collaboration features are robust, allowing seamless communication and real-time updates among team members. The ability to visualize project timelines and dependencies has greatly improved our workflow efficiency.

Cons:

Customer support is responsive and helpful, making the overall experience even better. Highly recommend GanttPRO for any project management needs

Christina
Principal in US
Design, Self Employed

The best way to plan a project

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I was introduced to Gantt pro at a prior job, and now it is essential to how I plan design projects!

Pros:

I love the ease of setting up these charts - any other software has been awkward and confusing.

Cons:

I am not a huge fan of their 'undo' system.

Rodrigo
Analista de desarrollo (Estudiante) in Bolivia
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

Comments: I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros:

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons:

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

4 years ago

Rodrigo, thank you for such a profound review. As for the trial period, we can consider your application individually. For this or any question you have about using the app, feel free to contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Lucia
Trainee in Brazil
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Gantt PRO

Comments: The Gantt PRO App has completely transformed the way I manage projects. Its sleek design, user-friendly interface, and powerful features make it an essential tool in my professional toolkit. Creating stunning Gantt charts has never been easier thanks to the app's intuitive drag-and-drop functionality. It seamlessly integrates with popular project management tools, ensuring real-time synchronization and promoting collaboration. Customization options allow me to personalize the charts to my liking, and exporting them in various formats is a breeze. With comprehensive project management features like task assignment and progress tracking, the app keeps me organized and on track. The outstanding customer support provided by the team is the cherry on top. In summary, the Gantt PRO App is a game-changer for efficient project management!

Zaid Mohammed
Student in Türkiye
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

GanttPRO For Making Live more easy and effective

Comments: I've had a wonderful time thus far. Since being transferred, I've gotten along swimmingly. New things are always exciting to me, and so far this program has been a fantastic fit for my needs. Despite my hectic schedule, I've finally figured out how to manage it all. It might be hectic at times, but I try to set aside some time each day to do nothing because I need to take a breather and recharge. My projects are doing well, and I think my favorite one is the one I'm now working on.

Pros:

By connecting your software systems, you can get a holistic picture of your business and make better decisions. Moving between multiple programs is no longer necessary to get data that may have an impact on your decisions. You can increase the efficiency of your operations by integrating applications that share data sources. When the same data is input into numerous software systems, this is very important. Processing is simplified and expedited since there is just one point of data entry and no switching between multiple software programs is required.

Cons:

Despite the fact that there are certain aspects of the service that may be improved, you will always be able to acquire the help you need to finish your assignments. Aside from the one-time cost, the program's ongoing fees, on the other hand, are a tad on the pricey side. As a result of my previous work experience with this application in a variety of settings, I am convinced that if you give it some time, you will get fairly comfortable with it. When you compare yourself to others, you will notice that you have major advantages, but you will still need additional support and greater interoperability with other software packages.

Jenny Babe
Student in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

GanttPRO Review

Pros:

I like most of GanttPRO's features which have a great impact on project management. The Gantt charts offer an abundance of information and are simple to use. It is simple to create and assign tasks, establish due dates, and monitor progress thanks to the task management capabilities. The capabilities of resource management let you assign resources to tasks and keep track of their availability. It's simple to work on projects with other team members thanks to the collaboration capabilities. Additionally, GanttPRO is an extremely user-friendly tool that integrates quickly with your current business procedures. A highly user-friendly product is GanttPRO. The user interface is simple to use and navigate. You may start using GanttPRO right away, even if you are completely new to project management.

Cons:

I believe GanttPRO might use some improvements to a number of its capabilities. For instance, I would want to be able to organize tasks according to various criteria and add custom fields to tasks. In addition, I occasionally find the user interface to be a bit clunky and difficult to navigate around. However, I believe that GanttPRO might improve its integration with additional project management applications. GanttPRO is a solid project management tool overall, however there is always space for development. I would recommend it to organizations looking for for a simple and intuitive Gantt chart tool, but I also suggest them to look into alternative solutions if they want more sophisticated capabilities or connectivity with other tools.

Sarah
Marketing Project Manager in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

If there was mobile access, it would be a 10/10 product for me.

Pros:

It is intuitive to use. Customizable tools are available at all project stages (planning, management and follow-up of projects), which makes our job much easier. Also, when I want to buy a product, I want the support team to be fast and solution-oriented. It's not something I prefer to desperately wait for when I have a problem. I really liked the customer support of the GanttPRO platform.

Cons:

Lack of mobile access is its biggest drawback. When we need to do our work remotely, we cannot do it from mobile because there is no access.

Meghan
Senior Research Assistant in Canada
Research, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for project management in research laboratories

Comments: We're using GanttPro to streamline our research projects from experimental planning and budgeting to results sharing and manuscript writing. Because lab meetings are more mostly online these days we found ourselves needing an online platform to better organize and share plans, progress, and timelines between lab members, and GanttPro does this perfectly for us. It's also been useful in tracking our activity as a lab, we're learning from our timelines how to more efficiently organize our projects and people. It makes our lab meetings shorter and more productive.

Pros:

We use GanttPRO in our research lab and found that organizing our experimental projects into tasks and subtasks with corresponding timelines makes reporting and sharing progress at lab meetings more efficient. Additionally, the ability to attach reports or files within each task makes it easy to share and discuss data at meetings. We use it to catalogue events such as acquisition of new samples. Our lab is benefitting from being able to map out experiments using the timeline, and the dependency features make it easy to adjust plans and see where the bottlenecks could be. Being able to integrate our projects into one space and track them in real time has also been a great help in understanding how the workload and expenses are distributed in our lab.

Cons:

The scroller bars for moving the window view in the new updated version are just slightly too skinny for my taste, it's taking some getting used to.

Josefa
User Experience Innovation Specialist in Hong Kong
Design, 11–50 Employees

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

Comments: I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now. Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros:

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

4 years ago

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Ivan
quality manager in Slovakia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Satisfaction with use of GanttPRO

Comments: I am using GanttPRO software for project management where we create and implement software product by programming it, connecting with hardware (also installed during project) and publishing it for passengers to use. We are using SW for task management of project managers and all employees working in design, software development, hardware development, marketing, testing and hardware installation teams. We use it for the whole time of project for all tasks including employees hiring, product development, implementation, campaign and communication.I can put my overall experience with GranttPRO into one word: satisfaction.Looking on our work, I am very proud, we found this solution that saved us so much time with project management.

Pros:

UX and UI design, very useful features, cooperation with online and virtual team members, display options.

Cons:

Software is a bit more complex and to make full use of it requires you to spend some time with the software in the beginning. But it gives you a great help later.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do and Asana

Switched From: Trello

ALP
Civil Engineer in Türkiye
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Gannt Pro for Constructions

Pros:

I use GantPRO in two diffrent phases of the projects that I involve. First phase is proposal which makes client compel to think that I am well aware of the project in terms of time, steps and possible clashes. I choose GanttPRO because its way more visual, easy to operate on and simple to understand. Second phase that I use the softwere is during the construction processs. I print out my plan and I also get to update the chart on my computer from any device that I am in reach of. At the end of every project I also like to back and evaluate how accurate I was on the milestones and schedules that I made on GantPRO so that I can reflect my gathering to the future projects.

Cons:

It would be very helpfull to get more languages in the software so that every person involved on the project could easly understand

3 years ago

Thanks for your warm feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our application.

Ajamu
Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Just what our organization needed

Comments: We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros:

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget. The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate. One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro. Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons:

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

7 years ago

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Didier
Student in Netherlands
Aviation & Aerospace, 2–10 Employees

The modern version of Microsoft Project

Pros:

GanttPRO is the only software that allows to import .mpp files straight into the new software. I started a project in Microsoft Project 2016 but soon realised that it was not the best option for Project Management due to its outdated looks and functions. However, unfortunately I already made a whole Gantt chart in MS Project and did not want to start all over again. That is where GanttPRO came to the rescue. It allowed me to import the entire Gantt chart into the much better-looking and easy-to-use software called GanttPRO without losing any formatting of the Gantt chart. Switching to GanttPRO was an amazing decision since its interfaces are much more user-friendly and the project is just visualized much better overall.

Cons:

At the beginning it was a bit hard to find all the functions within the software and to figure out how everything works. A quick tutorial at the beginning would have been perfect to get me going.

Edouard
Intern in Switzerland
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great for students and professionals alike!

Comments: Overall, GanttPro is a powerful project management tool that offers a range of features that are well-suited for businesses of all sizes and industries. Whether you're a small startup or a large enterprise, GanttPro provides a flexible and user-friendly platform for managing projects, optimizing workflows, and driving success. It was great for me to organize myself better and helped me visualize and be more efficient.

Pros:

GanttPro's user-friendly interface, robust features, and strong customer support are the best aspects. The platform's customizable Gantt charts, task scheduling, and resource management features, as well as its collaboration and reporting tools are also sophisticated.

Cons:

GanttPro can be a bit complex to set up initially, there is a learning curve involved in mastering all of the platform's features and functionalities. Although I enjoyed learning how to use the platform, and I was gratified when I was able to use it properly.

Juan
Director in Mexico
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Team Based Scheduling

Comments: I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros:

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons:

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

4 years ago

Juan, thank you very much for the review. Automatic change of a task duration depending on available hours of resources is one of the top requests for today. In a few months it will be possible. Stay tuned!

Clarke
Project Manager in New Zealand
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to implement and user friendly

Pros:

We are a small team of 3 family members trying to put together a housing project in-conjunction with the New Zealand government to provide a housing solution to the New Zealand housing issues. We have tested four PM software over the last 3 months to find which one would help us achieve our targets of listing out our tasks by responsibility and keep us on tract to achieving these in our set time frame. GanttPro was the first program we tested, and it ticked ALL the boxes, easy it is to use, its layout was pleasing to the eye and the features were easy to understand. One of our members isn't very computer literate and he picked it up within hours. After trying out the others we have come back to GanttPro and address our only issue, which was cost. They have been very helpful in finding a solution for us.

Cons:

Just the costing. Having to get a minimum of 5 seat for us wasn't variable.

Peter
Operations Manager in UK
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Reduced admin, nice layout and easy import. A personal demonstration.

Comments: We are new users of GanttPRO in a quickly growing team of 12 and are still building our projects into the system. The demonstration provided by our first contact was very good and helped us to make our decision. We were pleased to learn that this person will be our main point of contact at GanttPRO.

Pros:

Web based access allows our team to administer their tasks without an additional level of reporting. There are several system like this which we tried and finally selected GanttPRO. The main reason was the clean and easy to use layout and clear example projects. The features are clear in function where competitor products were confusing. Importing from other planning software was very easy and saved a lot of admin time.

Cons:

We would prefer a tiered payment system where managers had a higher access level linked to more features combined with a lower tier for some users who only needed task level access and minimal reporting. A way of linking tasks between top level projects would allow us to use the system as it was intended - as a workaround we currently need to put all the projects into one top level projects to allow this.