• Overall
    4.2/5
    4.4/5

About Xtensio

Teams use Xtensio to create, present and share beautiful living documents.

Learn more about Xtensio

Ron G.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Communication made easy"

Comments: Overall,my experience with Xtensio has been very good, from the product through customer service. On a recent business trip, I used a presentation that I had stored on Xtensio. When participants asked me for a copy, all I had to do was copy that link from Xtensio and paste it into an email!
Very efficient.

Pros: For me, Xtensio is an easy-to-use app that lets me create marketing document, presentation and attachments easily, with a minimum of effort. The fact that I can include my Xtensio publication as a link in an email or text message is a big plus. People that I contact also appreciate the ability to click on the link in my email and see the document I'm referencing. Above all, ease of composition. RG

Cons: No cons. Frankly, I have never used a piece of software that was so easy to set up and use.

by Fake Crow on 15/03/2019

Hi Ron,

It's great to hear that Xtensio has been such a great fit for your marketing efforts! That's exactly what we love to hear :)

Thanks for the 5 stars!

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Douglas S.
Translational Scientist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"A very capable and competitive way of creating content"

Comments: I like Xtensio. For generating content quickly and without a lot of fuss, in specific topical areas, this is my go-to tool. The learning curve is fairly shallow, and as I learn new tricks it is easy to go back and make changes. I have found that over time, lots of things start to look the same - there is an Xtensio "look." This isn't a problem for mostly-internal documents, but I also use other tools to create a wider variety of content.

Pros: It is modular - if your content needs align with an existing template, it is quick and easy to create a customized high-quality and informative infographic. Wide range of customization options. Things work pretty much as you'd expect them to. Excellent customer support.

Cons: Although there are lots of options, the existing set of templates feels constrained - if they serve your specific needs then you are in luck. If not, you can create a template from scratch but without a lot of guidance.

by Fake Crow on 06/05/2020

Thank you for the detailed review, Douglas. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Xtensio has saved you time creating high-quality content!

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Kalle S.
Content Producer
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2020

"Useful for creating customer profiles"

Comments: Gives a good basis if you need a starting point for your customer profiles. Easy to use. More questionable whether It’s worth an investment or not.

Pros: I’ve only really used the custom templates for customer profiles. I’ve found them simple to use and edit. Useful for customer profiles when doing marketing or service design.

Cons: I think it seems quite expensive given that with little effort, most of its features can probably be replicated in a more manual way.

Hey Kalle,

Glad to hear the persona template was helpful! That's just one of many different sales, marketing and strategy documents you can create with Xtensio. You can even save your own templates to repurpose. Our business plans in particular are structured for teams as a space where they can collaborate and keep an ongoing content repository for all sorts of business documents, reports and presentations.

We hope to see you back in the app for other projects!

• Reviewed on 10/06/2020
David A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"If you want hours of FRUSTRATION then this is the software for you"

Comments: Poor, Frustrating, Argumentative Staff, Lack of Strong Management as clearly they are only interested in grandfathering the service you sign up to so you will sign up to more expensive services, rather than caring about customer experience and quality of product.
My advice - take your money elsewhere.

Pros: I will say up front that the templates are good - BUT....be prepared for hours of frustration

Cons: Im on the paid service. However, if I want to use a colour I need to look up the hex code and then past it in.
There is no font duplication button similar to that you would find on any Microsoft product, Mac Pages etc.
The software is VERY jumpy when you need to move boxes around.
Ive been on this software for a while - and in that time have seen ZERO IMPROVEMENTS. They are very good at trying to get you to upgrade though in order to get base level specs which you should be entitled to anyway - especially as I have a paid annual subscription.
The staff tried to mislead me into a more expensive plan - then sent 10 emails arguing with me that she didn't mislead me (summary of correspondence below so make your own mind up)
**I just went to cut and paste the correspondence into here and can see that she had deleted it to remove a track record of it**

Hi David,

We're very sorry for your frustration with using Xtensio! And my apologies again for the misunderstanding on upgrading.

You're currently grandfathered into an old Plus plan. Since you were interested in customizing colors, I was offering a discount so you could upgrade to one of our current subscription plans and be able to use the Style Guide feature. This feature is not included in your grandfathered plan, but is included on our newer premium plans.

As for our previous conversations, we recently switched to a different chat platform so the conversations from the old chat app were deleted when we stopped using that solution. Sorry for the confusion!

We're always happy to help if you need anything.

Abby A.
Funder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2020

"Great graphic and intuitive tool"

Comments: My experience with XTENSIO has been pleasant through the selection of beautiful designs that enhance my products and presentations. I've gained a couple of new clients because my content really looks professional, engaging & simple with effortless!

Pros: The options I have for professional presentations are varied and good enough
Great customer satisfaction, I have received an answer to all my questions in less than 24 hours.
Very intuitive in handling the formats when adding or removing new text or graphic modules

Cons: Sometimes I am frustrated that I cannot get the same characteristics between modules.
The basic plan does not have the option of using more colors.
When we want to paste content from PDF or power point like charts or graphs, it seems a little complicated to make it match the final destination.

Hi Abby,

We are thrilled to hear you were able to land some new clients who were impressed with your Xtensio folios.

Let us know if we can help with anything as you explore more!

• Reviewed on 13/06/2020
David M.
CTO
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2020

"pros and cons"

Comments: In overall it is nice and handy

Pros: A nice set of templates
Good instructions.
Good quality exports.

Cons: Not a lot of graphical backgrounds.
Why not export to Word / pages / powerpoint instead of pdf. anyway it is simpler to edit the text there and make small changes. And there are plenty of PDF to DOC converters... so give this options as an addon for extra money. people will like it.
The UI is jumping a lot and not very responsive sometimes. especially when dragging contents.
Not a lot of diagramming capabilities. example - radar charts for product comparison etc.

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience using Xtensio! We appreciate the feedback as we continue to build more modules and templates.

As for exporting as a PPT/DOC, the web-builder design function in Xtensio's editor is not compatible with these other tools.

I encourage you to explore link sharing and presenting from in the app to simplify your workflow and keep everything in one place!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2020
Danielle M.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"One stop shop for all your PM needs"

Comments: Overall, this is a great product as a Product Manager - I can create Product Canvases, User Personas, Comparative Personas.

Pros: Xtensio has some great templates and is easy to get started. Navigation is simple once you've used it a few times.

Cons: I don't like the notifications/chat pop up - there is always a message for me and it's usually not something I need but I feel obligated to click it because it's displayed right in front of me.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Javier M.
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2020

"Great tool"

Pros: Great documents, easy to use. No designer is needed

Cons: The undo buttom doesn't work as I am expected

by Fake Crow on 26/06/2020

Hi Javier, Thank you for the great review! A note on the undo function - this is specific to individual modules in the folio. You can also use revision history to revert changes like moving, adding, deleting elements.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2020
Jono W.
Insights Manager
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Ease of use"

Pros: The software has helped me minimise the time i have to spend on formatting and styling in other programs that require more knowledge and time. The templates work very well.

Cons: I cant think of any features i would include

by Fake Crow on 06/05/2020

Awesome to hear Xtensio has helped save you time designing your business collateral, Jono!

Melissa R.
CEO & Digital Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"A beautiful platform for those who live outside the box. "

Comments: Creating beautiful documents to share with clients as well as use for our internal business development.

Pros: It is very versatile, easy to use, and generates an amazing layout in a short amount of time. I also enjoyed how much customization was available. The forms I made help us stand out and show our creativity to our clients.

Cons: As it is a newer platform I am familiarizing myself with, I haven't found anything just yet that has been an issue. So far its been very simple to execute without issues.

by Fake Crow on 06/05/2020

Thank you for the great review, Melissa! We love to hear that Xtensio made it easier to create beautiful client collateral.

Andreanne N.
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Easy to use"

Pros: As a new business jst starting this year, I needed Xtensio to do a one pager to sell my new product and took few minutes to understand and master the program. Also, the final result is really nice and professional

Cons: Not a lot of settings for free trial, can't download the final product without paying 25$ US

by Fake Crow on 25/02/2020

Hi Andreanne,

Thank you for sharing your experience using Xtensio with the Capterra community!

Xtensio is a cloud-based platform and is a freemium products - so while we don't have trials, you can always use the free plan to explore the digital sharing options.

On the free plan, you can share folios as both live, responsive web pages and full-screen digital slideshow presentations. The great thing about sharing your folio as a live link via the 'Get Link' icon is that all changes are synced with this live link, so you won't have to send an updated PDF attachment every time you make an edit.

Exports are a paid feature. If you'd like to download your folio as a PDF/PNG folio, you can also purchase export credits as an add-on to the free plan or upgrade to any of our premium plans for unlimited exports, more folios and other premium features.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lauren Haynes
Xtensio Customer Success

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Louise S.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2019

"The worst customer service - deleted all my work!"

Pros: Nothing - they have caused me nothing but problems

Cons: The fact that I spent 12 hours working to a deadline using the tool to create persona's, and then asked to cancel my rolling conscription as I only needed the service as a one-off. Before I had time to download the personas in a PDF format, my account was simply DELETED. I received an email from someone explaining that they don't allow you to cancel your subscription and then continue using the product for the remaining time in the month that you have already paid for. Before I had a chance to see and reply to the email, I was given 48 hours warning, supposedly, my account and all the work I had completed for a client and their deadline for the last two days was gone. I actually cannot believe that a company could actually be so tight-fisted to do that to freelancers. Absolutely disgusted. Of course, I have invoiced Xtensio for my lost work, but I doubt I'll ever get any remuneration from them unless I pursue legal action directly. Do yourself a favour - avoid this scam!

by Fake Crow on 05/03/2019

Hi Louis,

We're very sorry to hear about your frustration!

We reply to all cancellation requests noting that we will do so within 48 hours. This policy is outlined on our site and terms, but we do note that you can reply within 24 hours if you change your mind and want to keep your account active. Since you replied before that time we had not moved forward with deleting your team yet.

It seems that there was some confusion because you were logged into your personal dashboard instead of your custom team dashboard where you had been creating your folios. I hope my instructions helped you get to your team dashboard and find these folios.

Just to clarify a bit more, if you'd like to download but don't plan on using the platform in your regular workflow, you can always purchase export credits without upgrading to one of our premium plans. These credit purchases are a one-time payment, will never expire from your account and allow you to export 10 downloads.

Lauren

• Reviewed on 23/02/2019
Charles L.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2020

"Dynamic Dashboards and Presentations"

Comments: Very good.

Pros: Ease of Use
Dynamic capabiliaties to change information on the fly for the whole group to see
Variety of templates, formatting blocks

Cons: Intuitive ability to automatically transform dashboard to well laid out printable documents. With foresight you can layout dashboards to accomplish this, however, needs address if this is a need from the start not when you are finished creating it.

by Fake Crow on 06/05/2020

Great to hear Xtensio has been helpful in making quick changes to your collateral, and we appreciate the feedback on exports. Thank you for sharing your feedback, Charles!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2020
VP of Sales
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"Investor One Pager with Xtensio"

Comments: Overall, I loved Xtensio. It was great bang for your buck and we were able to produce a clean, professional, graphically pleasing one pager that we use at my startup when we do Investor reach out.

Pros: It allowed us to build a one pager for free!

Cons: There are certain things - not being able to move images to the correct spot on the page, some rigidity format wise, that are a little bit frustrating to work with.

by Fake Crow on 13/03/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that Xtensio helped your team create clean and professional business documents.

You can always use Xtensio for free. Our free plan allows you to keep one active folio on your dashboard, access all basic editing features and share your finished folios as live web pages or full-screen digital presentations.

For formatting, canvases are a great way to divide your folios into columns and have more control of where you can move modules on the page! Let us know if you have any questions in the app, we're always happy to help.

Lauren Haynes

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Sandor F.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2019

"Terrible value for the money "

Comments: Terrible terms of service. Do not use this software if you don’t want to pay the Pro Plan until the end of your life as all your work will be deleted immediately after you downgrade.

Pros: Very nicely designed and easy to use as there are many templates available.

Cons: Pricing is ridiculous. For the free version you get very limited file size so an upgrade to the Pro Plan is going to be necessary, which is fine. But once you downgrade (even if it is the first day in your new billing period) they delete Everything. You have no option to save your work for the future when you may upgrade again to edit the previous work.

by Fake Crow on 29/03/2019

Hi Sandor,

Thank you for sharing your experience using Xtensio with the Capterra community. We're looking into ways to restructure the cancellation policy to allow for cancellation of the auto-renewal, but, unfortunately, it's not currently possible to keep a subscription active after cancelling. We also plan to add a parking plan so you can keep your folios while not actively on a subscription plan.

We hope you'll continue exploring the platform on the free plan! Remember, you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your dashboard.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Natasha N.
SS Operations Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2019

"Making life easier for a new supervisor! "

Comments: Overall this has helped tremendously with my presentations to staff I’ve recommended it to other members of leadership and they feel the same!

Pros: This product is extremely user friendly and that’s what I like most, it even has options that allow you to get more in detail and design to your liking if you are more of a tech savvy individual

Cons: The lack of permafrost template options, currently there are only one per type I.e resume, agenda etc...

by Fake Crow on 01/04/2019

Hey Natasha,

Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad Xtensio has been helpful in making presentations for your team.

We do have a few examples for each of our templates that you can use as a starting point for your own. Check them out here: https://xtensio.com/examples/

• Reviewed on 24/03/2019
Arman A.
operator
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Xtensio"

Pros: It's a nice software for creating presentations with several templates divided into respective categories. The templates have modern look, there can be added several sections to the templates like social media icons with inserted links, email form and other modules.

Cons: The cons are as follows: the software is not free, which means one cannot download the result in PDF or PNG formats which are only available in upgraded purchased plan mode. The software does not allow to use more than one template in free mode. Thus having a nice templates, the software offers very limited functions for free usage.

by Fake Crow on 29/03/2019

Hey Arman,

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you've liked Xtensio's templates.

Keep in mind that you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your free plan.

Lauren

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Marcelo M.
Especialista em Inbound Markerting, Inbound Sales, Vendas Consultivas e Vendas B2B
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Buyer Persona - All in one"

Comments: Simple, fast, exact. Amazing experience.

Pros: All of you need about Byuer Persona is on Xtensio. Bio, details, images, demographic date.

Cons: I Just use Buyer Persona feature. I cant speack about others.

by Fake Crow on 13/03/2019

Hey Marcelo,

We're glad to hear that the persona template has been useful for you!

Keep in mind that you can use the editor to build any sort of business document or presentation you need!

• Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Amel M.
Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Easy to use"

Pros: Template are really nice to create beautiful presentation and document.
It's a good way to help business that don't have graphic designer or cannot pay for one.
Since i started using Xtensio there is a lot of new option that have been added like customize the template with the colors of the business by just go on the website and extract them.

Cons: They only cons it's you cannot be two at the tome in the same document or modification are going to be messed up.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Loic S.
VP COrporate Services
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Great Product for Graphic Design on the Go"

Comments: It's simple enough we purchased a package online and it works great.

Pros: It's like having a graphic designer + art director + publisher to do great one-pagers and briefs!

Cons: Lack of more free fonts in the basic version.

Hey Loic,

We're so glad to hear you're finding value in Xtensio for creating your one-pagers and briefs!

I hope going over the Style Guide feature in our call the other day was helpful in defining your brand fonts and colors in the editor!

Let us know if you need anything, we're always happy to help!

Chief Operating Officer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Best marketing tool for understanding your customers"

Comments: I love Xtensio. It's an incredibly useful tool for nailing down your customer demographics. The persona development tool has helped our team by acting as the thought experiment through which we make all marketing strategy decisions.

Pros: I love the persona development tool, which allows you to use a template to build out your customer demographics in a clear and useful way. I love that you can edit it in tandem with others, like a Google Doc, making it an excellent activity to do as a marketing team.

Cons: Many of the features are paid, like inviting others to collaborate in the document, or downloading your completed personas to a pdf.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Consultant
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Its good for one pagers, with some coding knowledge"

Comments: It is fine for a starter product for creating marketing pieces. It is affordable and does the job for simple projects.

Pros: The clean design and layout options present an institutional image.

Cons: It feels like I am designing a website at times. I am often frustrated by needing to modify the HTML code in order to edit the line spacing and the limited ability to adjust image size.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Chris P.
Ceo
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Excellent Templates"

Pros: I operate a brand management company and the templates make it easy to make different brands across different industries.

Cons: I can’t name anything. Superior software!

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Peter D.
Engineering Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2019

"Great functionality for a low price-point."

Comments: Using the lean and business model canvasses in presentations! I haven't found another platform that gives you those specific templates along with a bunch of others.

Pros: - Lots of templates
- Great options for incorporating into presentations
- Really responsive team

Cons: The UI for editing specific canvases is a little clunky at times, but nothing that gets in the way of being productive.

by Fake Crow on 14/03/2019

Hi there,

Thanks for the glowing review! It's great to hear that Xtensio has been useful for your projects.

Let us know if you need anything as you use the app more!

• Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Nicole C.
Strategisr
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Decent platform, needs to evolve aesthetics"

Comments: I just replaced it a few weeks ago with realtimeboard but my subscription had to be prepaid for the year. I think it needs to decide whether it’s trying to be a collaboration tool or a website builder because right now it does both mediocre

Pros: The software is simple and easy to use, great business plan features they just added. Has a few great templates

Cons: Aesthetically it leaves something to be desired for sure.

Hey Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're always in the process of optimizing and refining the app and our positioning so really appreciate your suggestions.

Hope you'll stay in touch as we continue to grow!

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019