If you want hours of FRUSTRATION then this is the software for you

David A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Poor, Frustrating, Argumentative Staff, Lack of Strong Management as clearly they are only interested in grandfathering the service you sign up to so you will sign up to more expensive services, rather than caring about customer experience and quality of product.
My advice - take your money elsewhere.

Pros: I will say up front that the templates are good - BUT....be prepared for hours of frustration

Cons: Im on the paid service. However, if I want to use a colour I need to look up the hex code and then past it in.
There is no font duplication button similar to that you would find on any Microsoft product, Mac Pages etc.
The software is VERY jumpy when you need to move boxes around.
Ive been on this software for a while - and in that time have seen ZERO IMPROVEMENTS. They are very good at trying to get you to upgrade though in order to get base level specs which you should be entitled to anyway - especially as I have a paid annual subscription.
The staff tried to mislead me into a more expensive plan - then sent 10 emails arguing with me that she didn't mislead me (summary of correspondence below so make your own mind up)
**I just went to cut and paste the correspondence into here and can see that she had deleted it to remove a track record of it**

Hi David,

We're very sorry for your frustration with using Xtensio! And my apologies again for the misunderstanding on upgrading.

You're currently grandfathered into an old Plus plan. Since you were interested in customizing colors, I was offering a discount so you could upgrade to one of our current subscription plans and be able to use the Style Guide feature. This feature is not included in your grandfathered plan, but is included on our newer premium plans.

As for our previous conversations, we recently switched to a different chat platform so the conversations from the old chat app were deleted when we stopped using that solution. Sorry for the confusion!

We're always happy to help if you need anything.

Communication made easy

Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Ron G.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall,my experience with Xtensio has been very good, from the product through customer service. On a recent business trip, I used a presentation that I had stored on Xtensio. When participants asked me for a copy, all I had to do was copy that link from Xtensio and paste it into an email!
Very efficient.

Pros: For me, Xtensio is an easy-to-use app that lets me create marketing document, presentation and attachments easily, with a minimum of effort. The fact that I can include my Xtensio publication as a link in an email or text message is a big plus. People that I contact also appreciate the ability to click on the link in my email and see the document I'm referencing. Above all, ease of composition. RG

Cons: No cons. Frankly, I have never used a piece of software that was so easy to set up and use.

by Fake Crow on 15/03/2019

Hi Ron,

It's great to hear that Xtensio has been such a great fit for your marketing efforts! That's exactly what we love to hear :)

Thanks for the 5 stars!

Lauren from Xtensio

The worst customer service - deleted all my work!

Reviewed on 23/02/2019
Louise S.
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Nothing - they have caused me nothing but problems

Cons: The fact that I spent 12 hours working to a deadline using the tool to create persona's, and then asked to cancel my rolling conscription as I only needed the service as a one-off. Before I had time to download the personas in a PDF format, my account was simply DELETED. I received an email from someone explaining that they don't allow you to cancel your subscription and then continue using the product for the remaining time in the month that you have already paid for. Before I had a chance to see and reply to the email, I was given 48 hours warning, supposedly, my account and all the work I had completed for a client and their deadline for the last two days was gone. I actually cannot believe that a company could actually be so tight-fisted to do that to freelancers. Absolutely disgusted. Of course, I have invoiced Xtensio for my lost work, but I doubt I'll ever get any remuneration from them unless I pursue legal action directly. Do yourself a favour - avoid this scam!

by Fake Crow on 05/03/2019

Hi Louis,

We're very sorry to hear about your frustration!

We reply to all cancellation requests noting that we will do so within 48 hours. This policy is outlined on our site and terms, but we do note that you can reply within 24 hours if you change your mind and want to keep your account active. Since you replied before that time we had not moved forward with deleting your team yet.

It seems that there was some confusion because you were logged into your personal dashboard instead of your custom team dashboard where you had been creating your folios. I hope my instructions helped you get to your team dashboard and find these folios.

Just to clarify a bit more, if you'd like to download but don't plan on using the platform in your regular workflow, you can always purchase export credits without upgrading to one of our premium plans. These credit purchases are a one-time payment, will never expire from your account and allow you to export 10 downloads.

Lauren

Investor One Pager with Xtensio

Reviewed on 07/03/2019
VP of Sales
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I loved Xtensio. It was great bang for your buck and we were able to produce a clean, professional, graphically pleasing one pager that we use at my startup when we do Investor reach out.

Pros: It allowed us to build a one pager for free!

Cons: There are certain things - not being able to move images to the correct spot on the page, some rigidity format wise, that are a little bit frustrating to work with.

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that Xtensio helped your team create clean and professional business documents.

You can always use Xtensio for free. Our free plan allows you to keep one active folio on your dashboard, access all basic editing features and share your finished folios as live web pages or full-screen digital presentations.

For formatting, canvases are a great way to divide your folios into columns and have more control of where you can move modules on the page! Let us know if you have any questions in the app, we're always happy to help.

Lauren Haynes

Terrible value for the money

Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Sandor F.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Terrible terms of service. Do not use this software if you don’t want to pay the Pro Plan until the end of your life as all your work will be deleted immediately after you downgrade.

Pros: Very nicely designed and easy to use as there are many templates available.

Cons: Pricing is ridiculous. For the free version you get very limited file size so an upgrade to the Pro Plan is going to be necessary, which is fine. But once you downgrade (even if it is the first day in your new billing period) they delete Everything. You have no option to save your work for the future when you may upgrade again to edit the previous work.

by Fake Crow on 29/03/2019

Hi Sandor,

Thank you for sharing your experience using Xtensio with the Capterra community. We're looking into ways to restructure the cancellation policy to allow for cancellation of the auto-renewal, but, unfortunately, it's not currently possible to keep a subscription active after cancelling. We also plan to add a parking plan so you can keep your folios while not actively on a subscription plan.

We hope you'll continue exploring the platform on the free plan! Remember, you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your dashboard.

Lauren from Xtensio

Making life easier for a new supervisor!

Reviewed on 24/03/2019
Natasha N.
SS Operations Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall this has helped tremendously with my presentations to staff I’ve recommended it to other members of leadership and they feel the same!

Pros: This product is extremely user friendly and that’s what I like most, it even has options that allow you to get more in detail and design to your liking if you are more of a tech savvy individual

Cons: The lack of permafrost template options, currently there are only one per type I.e resume, agenda etc...

Hey Natasha,

Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad Xtensio has been helpful in making presentations for your team.

We do have a few examples for each of our templates that you can use as a starting point for your own. Check them out here: https://xtensio.com/examples/

Xtensio

Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Arman A.
operator
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's a nice software for creating presentations with several templates divided into respective categories. The templates have modern look, there can be added several sections to the templates like social media icons with inserted links, email form and other modules.

Cons: The cons are as follows: the software is not free, which means one cannot download the result in PDF or PNG formats which are only available in upgraded purchased plan mode. The software does not allow to use more than one template in free mode. Thus having a nice templates, the software offers very limited functions for free usage.

by Fake Crow on 29/03/2019

Hey Arman,

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you've liked Xtensio's templates.

Keep in mind that you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your free plan.

Lauren

Very good tool

Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Student
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our ability to create user personas has improved significantly. It is a useful tool, very easy to use.

Pros: Its helpfulness in creating user personas

Cons: It has some problems when you try to and modules or columns

by Fake Crow on 01/04/2019

It's great to hear Xtensio has been helpful in creating your personas! Try using a blank canvas to divide your folio into columns and have more control of how your modules are placed on the page.

Buyer Persona - All in one

Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Marcelo M.
Especialista em Inbound Markerting, Inbound Sales, Vendas Consultivas e Vendas B2B
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Simple, fast, exact. Amazing experience.

Pros: All of you need about Byuer Persona is on Xtensio. Bio, details, images, demographic date.

Cons: I Just use Buyer Persona feature. I cant speack about others.

Hey Marcelo,

We're glad to hear that the persona template has been useful for you!

Keep in mind that you can use the editor to build any sort of business document or presentation you need!

Easy to use

Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Amel M.
Marketing Analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Template are really nice to create beautiful presentation and document.
It's a good way to help business that don't have graphic designer or cannot pay for one.
Since i started using Xtensio there is a lot of new option that have been added like customize the template with the colors of the business by just go on the website and extract them.

Cons: They only cons it's you cannot be two at the tome in the same document or modification are going to be messed up.

Great Product for Graphic Design on the Go

Loic S.
VP COrporate Services
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's simple enough we purchased a package online and it works great.

Pros: It's like having a graphic designer + art director + publisher to do great one-pagers and briefs!

Cons: Lack of more free fonts in the basic version.

Hey Loic,

We're so glad to hear you're finding value in Xtensio for creating your one-pagers and briefs!

I hope going over the Style Guide feature in our call the other day was helpful in defining your brand fonts and colors in the editor!

Let us know if you need anything, we're always happy to help!

Lauren from Xtensio

Best marketing tool for understanding your customers

Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Chief Operating Officer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love Xtensio. It's an incredibly useful tool for nailing down your customer demographics. The persona development tool has helped our team by acting as the thought experiment through which we make all marketing strategy decisions.

Pros: I love the persona development tool, which allows you to use a template to build out your customer demographics in a clear and useful way. I love that you can edit it in tandem with others, like a Google Doc, making it an excellent activity to do as a marketing team.

Cons: Many of the features are paid, like inviting others to collaborate in the document, or downloading your completed personas to a pdf.

Its good for one pagers, with some coding knowledge

Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Consultant
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is fine for a starter product for creating marketing pieces. It is affordable and does the job for simple projects.

Pros: The clean design and layout options present an institutional image.

Cons: It feels like I am designing a website at times. I am often frustrated by needing to modify the HTML code in order to edit the line spacing and the limited ability to adjust image size.

Excellent Templates

Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Chris P.
Ceo
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I operate a brand management company and the templates make it easy to make different brands across different industries.

Cons: I can’t name anything. Superior software!

Great functionality for a low price-point.

Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Peter D.
Engineering Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using the lean and business model canvasses in presentations! I haven't found another platform that gives you those specific templates along with a bunch of others.

Pros: - Lots of templates
- Great options for incorporating into presentations
- Really responsive team

Cons: The UI for editing specific canvases is a little clunky at times, but nothing that gets in the way of being productive.

by Fake Crow on 14/03/2019

Hi there,

Thanks for the glowing review! It's great to hear that Xtensio has been useful for your projects.

Let us know if you need anything as you use the app more!

Lauren from Xtensio

Decent platform, needs to evolve aesthetics

Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Nicole C.
Strategisr
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I just replaced it a few weeks ago with realtimeboard but my subscription had to be prepaid for the year. I think it needs to decide whether it’s trying to be a collaboration tool or a website builder because right now it does both mediocre

Pros: The software is simple and easy to use, great business plan features they just added. Has a few great templates

Cons: Aesthetically it leaves something to be desired for sure.

Hey Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're always in the process of optimizing and refining the app and our positioning so really appreciate your suggestions.

Hope you'll stay in touch as we continue to grow!

Lauren from Xtensio

Fantastic and simple collaboration platform

Reviewed on 30/04/2019
UX Researcher
Research, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I mostly use it to create UX work products such as personas, presentation of UX evaluation results, user scenarios, user journeys and similar. It is simple to use and the results always look good.

Pros: It has a great range of templates and flexibility in use. The free trial allows investigating all the possibilities of the tool. So far, this is the best looking tool for the documents sharing and collaboration and the creation of communication artifacts.

Cons: A very limited trial in terms of only 1 template can be used at a time. Changing the layout of existing templates is not always straightforward.

Xtensio

Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Personas creation

Pros: I most liked about Xtensio was the usability

Cons: i least liked about xtensio was the price

by Fake Crow on 01/04/2019

Glad to hear Xtensio was useful in creating your personas. Check out some of these examples for inspiration on other projects you can use Xtensio for! https://xtensio.com/examples/

Fast & easy

Aysem Z.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use Xtensio for one pager and marketing kit creation. It's very easy to use. Features are very handy. My files are easy to share (with a link) and design is very good.

Cons: Print-friendliness of created files are mystery as you need pay to see a preview.

Hi Aysem,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear Xtensio was useful in creating your marketing kit!

While exports are a paid feature, we do offer export credits that you can purchase as a one-time payment without upgrading to a premium plan. You'll be able to preview the export before downloading it as well!

Xtensio Living Document Software Product

Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Geraldine S.
Technical Marketer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We work online in different locations, so Xtensio is helping us to work collaboratively on documents in an easy and intuitive way. We don't have to worry about versioning anymore! The documents we are producing look professional. We are very pleased with Xtensio.

Pros: Xtensio is easy to understand and use. It is intuitive if you are used to working with other drag & drop software products. And it saves automatically so no fears of losing your work or latest changes.

Cons: It doesn't seem to be as customisable as I would like it, but I am only a beginner user so it may be that I don't know how to use it fully yet.

Hi Geraldine,

We're thrilled to hear that Xtensio has made it easier for your team to work together across different locations!

We'll be adding more customization features down the road, so be on the lookout for updates. And if you have any suggestions or features you'd like to see added, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Love this product!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's very easy to use and provides the professional look we were looking for.

Cons: Price is a bit high though, because they charge monthly.

Pitch Decks that actually sell

Amos M.
Co-founder
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use it for pitch decks to present to potential investors. It's so easy to edit on the fly and it looks really pretty. I love all the templates...very practical

Pros: Ease of use, and the free version is perfect for what I need

Cons: Freemuim version has xtensio in the back which looks like it's part of my brand

Hi Amos,

It's great to hear that Xtensio's free plan was a great fit for your project!

We hope you'll continue to explore the platform to create other business documents and presentations down the line.

Simple Site for Investor Proposals and Presentations

Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Logan J.
Founder and CEO
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'd recommend this to just about anyone!

Pros: It is quite simple to use and requires no design or formatting experience. Finished projects look very professional and are easy to update and duplicate.

Cons: There really are not any glaring issues at all - the simplicity makes it easy for anyone to use.

by Fake Crow on 01/04/2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Logan! We're glad to hear Xtensio has been useful for creating professional proposals and presentations!

Great App

Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Christina A.
Product Manager
Human Resources, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Good

Pros: Ease of ease, nice UI. I would recommend this to my friends

Cons: Sometimes i find glitches and bugs . Often unresponsive support team

Hi Christina,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear Xtensio has been useful for your projects.

And I'm sorry to hear you haven't bee pleased with our support team. We're a pretty small team so we don't have an instant chat feature, but we do reply to all requests within 24 hours!

Good tool, getting better

Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Meredith P.
Marketing Assistant
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Xtensio is very easy to use with few frustations. I can create professional looking documents without having to hire an outside graphic designer.

Cons: There are some functionalities that are not yet existant. While I have been reaffirmed that they are in development, I still find myself frustated from time to time that they are not a part of the current software.