15 years helping British businesses

About Foxit eSign

Close Deals Fast with Foxit eSign. The electronic signature solution with the highest ROI. HIPAA, Integrations, API, Authentications.

Learn more about Foxit eSign

Pros:

First and foremost, the platform is incredibly user friendly. The home screen makes navigation easy and I can keep it as surface level or in depth as I like.

Cons:

Small issue with uploading Adobe PDF forms. Form fields come out ugly in final.

Foxit eSign ratings

9.0/10

Foxit eSign has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 699 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Foxit eSign before?

Dane
Dane
Owner in US
Accounting, Self Employed

No Other Services Fit our Needs until eSign Genie

Pros:

eSign Genie allows tons of customization. We are an accounting and tax practice and send documents frequently for both our own purposes (contracts, engagement letters) and documents that need to be filled out and forwarded to the IRS and other tax authorities. These documents need real signatures, not the type-written signatures that most eSign software lets clients use. With eSign Genie, we can limit our clients to only have the option to draw their actual signature, allowing us to use this for more documents than our previous solution. Also - I cannot speak highly enough of eSign Genie's Pay-as-you-Go plan. Most eSign providers no longer (or never did) offer this type of plan, and it is perfect for my type of business that doesn't necessarily need to send hundreds of documents per month. I pay a $10 fee for 5 documents at a time, and they don't expire. When I run out, I just "top up" with 5 more documents at a clip.

Cons:

I really haven't seen anything negative about eSign Genie as of yet. The only small issue sometimes is the speed - I've had a few clients say that it is sometimes slow to load, but it's infrequent - so not enough of a problem for me to look elsewhere. (Trust me, I have already looked elsewhere and was utterly dissatisfied!)

5 years ago

Hi Dane, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! --> eSign Genie DevOps Team

Lindsey
Administrator in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

HIPAA compliant and customizable.

Comments: The Covid-19 pandemic forced many of us online unexpectedly. We had to quickly find ways to get the necessary documentation from clients without the privilege of being able to see them face to face. Foxit eSign helped us move online quickly and effectively and gave us the confidence that our client's privacy and security would be respected and protected. Now that we are back in the office we still send and receive documents electronically helping us reduce paper waste, and giving our clients access to documents 24/7 through the templates embedded on our website.

Pros:

My number one priority is my client's privacy and security, when i started with esign genie, now foxit esign, they could clearly provide HIPAA security where DocuSign could not. The ability to embed my document templates onto my website and emails is a great bonus as well!

Cons:

I have had clients complain about their ability to complete documents on mobile devices, but for the most part, they are able to complete documents with ease. I like that I can see the documents that have been started so that I can provide assistance when needed.

Shannon
Partner in Canada
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Customer Support Lacking

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, our Sales Representative has neglected to provide the correct package for our organization. The rep is impossible to get ahold of, has added incorrect features to our account (even after multiple confirmations). I am constantly calling the support line (after hours, because that is the only time I can get through).

Pros:

It is very easy to set up forms for signature.

Cons:

It is difficult to add features (2FA) to the account. We ran out the day before a critical deadline, and there was no one available to assist me. Was promised call-backs, and never heard back from anyone. Foxit let our organization down.

Tiara
Founder in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Better options out there

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Affordable and the interface is simple to navigate.

Cons:

The app and website is very glitchy and I can’t connect most of the time. Also, your digital signature is never truly captured because I have to manually re write it every other time I log in.

Dylan
Dylan
Tour Manager in Canada
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Simple yet effective eSignature platform

Comments: Very satisfied.

Pros:

Ease of setting up and modifying templates, and tracking execution while sending reminders are excellent features

Cons:

Modification of templates could be a little easier.

3 years ago

Hi Dylan, Glad to hear you are enjoying the reminder and tracking features when sending your documents from eSign Genie. We would be glad to help you with your templates and any other queries you might have. Could you email us your review at [email protected] so we can get in touch? Thank you.

Maryam
Maryam
Business Coordinator in Pakistan
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Amazing product for the price point

Comments: Overall super happy with the product

Pros:

The fact that I can set up templates very quickly, its super user friendly, and has super helpful guides / faqs

Cons:

When editing a document before sending out, I have to be careful or it sends it through without having made those changes without asking if I need to edit the document

ACB Facilities Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Good features and I love the pay as you go pricing

Comments: I use eSign Genie to execute residential leases. Being able to sign electronically is great. It saves the tenant time because they don't have to print and scan the lease. It saves me time because I can reuse templates instead of doing each lease separate. I don't have to drive to get contracts signed. It is awesome.

Pros:

What I find the most useful about eSign Genie is that I can pay for their services as needed. The other companies we looked at all want a monthly fee whether we use the service or not. In my case, I only need the service two times a year. eSign Genie gives me the flexibility I want!

Cons:

I suppose the interface could be a little more intuitive. The software is very powerful and because it has lots of capabilities, the interface can be a little confusing if you just jump right in.

Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Simple, Cost Effective and Easy to Use!

Pros:

I like how it was easy to create a document template that requires a signature by my patients. Patients expressed that it was easy to read and sign without difficulty.

Cons:

I am satisfied with eSign Genie and I have no complaints.

Biotechnology, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use alternative

Pros:

The ease of functionality as well as the quality of file retained between conversions is a grand selling point

Cons:

Slightly pricy and based on monthly subscriptions. Give me a lifetime access option at least, nobody wants your incremental neoliberal wallet scraping.

Jeff
Jeff
Principal in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

eSign easy and works

Comments: It's been good. It's allowed me to add an electronic agreement online or send agreements for signature without breaking the bank.

Pros:

- Easy to Use - Didn't force me into a year contract like Adobe (only slightly more for month-to-month before wanting to make an annual commitment) - Has Web Form to put agreements online - You can set the user permission to edit fields, fill & sign, or view only - They continually update their offering to make it better

Cons:

- Users can't redline the agreements, but I was told this is being added (but Users can comment and you do receive an email) - You can't turn off to not send the user an email when an agreement is void, but the work around is to change the user and the time frame when a message is sent (I expect this feature will be added)

Dayna
Accounts receivable in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

For very basic use only

Comments: Overall it is an ok software and will do. For the price it is reasonable.

Pros:

For extremely basic use this product does quite well! Online chatting went well also, again, as long as you have very basic questions or problems.

Cons:

Unfortunately our company needed intermediate usage and found ourselves quite frustrated frequently. Sending out documents where more than one person, like a married couple, are using the same email address has several glitches. More than 40-50 times, out of sending over 400 documents, the second signature defaulted to the first persons name. So you got a document back with the same name signed twice. And technical support, all the times we contacted them, we're almost completely useless on this issue. Plus you had to describe exactly what went wrong every time you contacted them. It's as if they do not keep any notes. Very frustrating and no resolution. We are looking into a different signing company again.

5 years ago

Hi Dayna, Thank you for your review of the application. We will launch an investigation to see why this issue is occurring. You can certainly use a shared common email between husband and wife; however, frequent name changes during data entry may have been difficult in our system due to security and identity management issues. While we do understand it is frustrating not be able to keep changing names of the people, it makes our system safer and legally binding. We will reach out to you again to train you further to show you how to avoid such issues. We do have a hundreds of companies using this feature and are very happy with the results. If you can spend a little time in showing us the issue you are facing, we will make sure that our team will do everything possible to eliminate any problems. Again, sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We will launch an investigation. We will appreciate your showing us the problem on an online meeting.

Melissa
Founder, Co-Owner in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great Customer Service

Pros:

I like the ease and user friendly way the software is structured. It makes navigating around the software very easy.

Cons:

We have some issues occasionally where settings and functionality were difficult.

Len
CFO in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Good product, signature link sometimes does not work

Comments: as above

Pros:

Affordable, convenient, understandable interface

Cons:

I have had many instances where third-party signatories are prompted to enter a password, create an account, or the can't raise the document to sign because the link in the email doesn't work. This is a huge problem. It makes the platform unreliable, and in many cases has forced me to execute documents outside the platform. Your support team has not been able to help. I've contemplated switching to DocuSign when this has happened but still sticking with you.q

Lisa
Sales Representative in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Great software, highly recommend

Comments: I'm amazed at how quickly I get my documents signed. It went from taking days to get documents signed to seconds. I work on commission and the quicker i get paperwork completed, the faster I get paid.

Pros:

The software is user friendly both on desktop and mobile device. It has made my process more efficient. Clients are required to sign a sales order and credit card auth form. Now they don't have to print it out, sign, scan and return to me. It literally takes them 30 seconds to sign the documents now and I get an email alert once they have signed.

Cons:

I have not had a negative experience thus far using the software.

Carole
Sales Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

eSign Genie is a Top-Notch E-Signature Program!

Comments: eSign Genie has made our tedious process of obtaining required signatures on multiple documents so streamlined and easy. We now have a simplified process and a secure place for all our internal documents. This has been a lifesaver for our company!

Pros:

eSign Genie has completely streamlined our documentation process and the way we obtain signatures. It has accelerated our sales process and absolutely improved our production!

Cons:

There is really nothing I have found that I don't like about eSign Genie to this point.

Owner / Operator in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

MUST HAVE FOR ANY SIZE BUSINESS

Comments: Ask for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as she is amazing!! She emailed, spent time with me via zoom. Helped me get set up, answered my questions, didn't make me feel stupid and was personable. I checked out all the competitors and found Esign Genie to be the most responsive, best customer service and competitively priced. The others when I asked questions just sent me links to the videos. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]scheduled time to chat and walk me through the questions I had vs sending me a link with 20 different videos.

Pros:

Easy to set up Customer service availability [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - bottom line........... Ability to talk to a real person who took the time to get to know me and my business and why and how I would be using the product

Cons:

Learning the quicks and figuring out what is needed where

Software Development Manager in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and inexpensive

Comments: Being able to esign documents made our product much easier to use and more professional.

Pros:

The API is essentially the same as all the other APIs out there but this product was much less expensive.

Cons:

Nothing for us. It does exactly what we need it to.

Jodie
Business Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Great Features Come With Billing Caveats

Comments: The software gets the job done and there are resources to help understand how to use the various features, but customer service and billing are frustrating.

Pros:

The software is user friendly and allows for uploading templates for ongoing use. Uploading contracts is easy and there are many options for customizing the fields including whether or not they should be mandatory, dependent on other fields and to which signer they should be assigned. Additionally, the automatic reminders are helpful though I do wish there was a bit more flexibility there.

Cons:

If there are forms that have blocks for numbers (such as social security numbers on W4 forms or taxpayer ID numbers on government forms) the system automatically assigns one text field for the entire row of blocks and if spaces are used to get the numbers to appear inside the blocks on screen they will not appear that when when printed. Billing is a significant con. On the Billing screen the Plan Details shows the allowed number of "documents" per cycle and the current number of "envelopes used". On the Home page the number of "Completed Documents" is shown in the upper right corner. There is no logical or direct correlation between any of these numbers. It was explained to me that a "document" is a single pdf, and "envelope" is any shared set of documents and a "completed document" is one that has been "executed". It is very confusing and makes if very difficult to actually track how many of the allowed documents have been used. Additionally, when we had to renew six months after paying for an annual subscription because we had exceeded our allowance the counter did not reset and now we are being told that we need to renew again. It's been only 14 months since we originally got the software and this will be the third time we paid for an "annual" subscription. My complaint about the counter not resetting is under investigation via a Support Ticket and it's been six days since they said they would look into it and I haven't heard anything.

Jorge
Senior Engineer in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Good product, I use it every day

Comments: I use it as my preferred pdf reader and it does what I need for. It’s easy to use and even allows me to sign documents

Pros:

I like that it is easy to use and allow me to re-open the same documents that I was using when I last closed it. It can store several number of documents for this reopening. I use highlighting the most and it is also very useful to add text, notes, and comments to your documents with Foxit. A must have

Cons:

That some of its functionality is not quite compatible with Adobe and sometimes working on documents with other people that don’t use it can become frustrating. Also, it is sometimes not as useful for fillable documents as Adobe

Victoria
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Foxit kept me working during Covid Lockdowns

Comments: For my purposes, the ease of sending out and receiving them back signed is amazing. My clients have never mentioned having a problem.

Pros:

In 2020 I found myself having to move my practice online in a hurry during the Covid lockdowns. I researched electronic signature websites and was grateful to find the friendliest and most helpful customer service as Foxit (then ESign Genie.)

Cons:

I do not use the product as frequently as many other companies, so I find that it is always a bit of a learning curve for me when I return to the site. I have not mastered editing the templates and always struggle a bit.

Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Top Notch e-Sign Solution for Manufacturing

Comments: Foxit has helped us set up a well-oiled e-sign system for both internal and external use. We use it in HR, Sales, Finance, and even in some areas of production like health and safety. It was relatively easy to set up and hasn't caused me any headache since. If I had to give points for improvement it would be improving the mobile interface and cloud features, but other than that, it's a very handy tool to have around

Pros:

1. Foxit is very easy to use even for non-technical people. We use it across all kinds of departments and we rarely run into issues or have problems figuring things out. 2. It's got tons of ready-made agreements available. These are good for saving time but they've also given us lots of ideas as to what else we can use Foxit for.

Cons:

It would be good to have the native integrations expanded. We had to set up api syncs for some of our other tools despite them being pretty widely used.

Jane
Business in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Very inexpensive and simple platform to use

Comments: It was very easy to set up the documents with prefilled information, and send the documents to multiple parties for signature. Overall it is a good platform and is offered at a decent price compared to other e-signing platforms.

Pros:

Cons:

One thing I would recommend is allowing a customized message to be saved and selected when sending the documents to the party for signature. I entered the same message repetitively when sending documents for signature and it was a bit annoying.

Dan
Student in Spain
Program Development, 201–500 Employees

Tank you for makeing it better

Comments: It was good and saved many trees for a one-time printout.

Pros:

It is easy to use and tentative; one don't need to look for the future it is at the front and easy to cases

Cons:

When the number of signatures was limited to two at the time, it was less convenient

Kyle
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Solid, reliable, with good integration options

Comments: I've been using this software integrated into my app since 2016. It's been rock solid, no downtime that I've noticed, and the integrations work perfectly. The pricing is a lot more reasonable than some of the competitors, and I've been happy with that.

Pros:

Being able to integrate directly into my website was the key feature. I can embed custom contracts which auto-populate with user information directly into the website, and the callbacks make it easy to download the documents back into my system.

Cons:

The UI could use a bit of refinement, it's not the most polished software out there for e-signing, but generally it's easy enough and works well.

Melissa
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Saves me so much time and money!

Comments: I've also saved tons of printer paper and ink because far too many times my clients ended up losing the contract and needing another copy, and its saved me from having to store all those sheets of paper! It's just a huge time and money saver for me. I've also tried a few other electronic signing websites and stopped using them when they got too costly or were just plain not easy for myself or clients. I'm at least 2 years in with using e-sign genie with nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend!

Pros:

Ease of use and very low cost is what's kept me a happy customer for years. My clients easily read and sign my contract and we both get a copy immediately. It's very user friendly for anyone.

Cons:

If I had to pick a "con", and this is seriously nitpicking here, it would be the automated message it starts off the emails with. I think it could be a little more personable and not so 'professional'.

5 years ago

Hi Melissa! We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying document. It is called "Replace with New File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 -->eSign Genie Customer Success Team