It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Paulina N.
Medical Technologist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pros: This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Cons: I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

PATRIOT ACCOUNTING HAS MADE MY LIFE EASIER!

Reviewed on 07/02/2018
David K.
OWNER
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

Pros: BEFORE I WAS PAYING AN ACCOUNTANT ALOT PER MONTH NOW I'M PAYING UNDER
SOME AMOUNT PER MONTH. VERY AFFORDABLE!
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN OF ANY OTHER PROGRAMS I USE FOR MY BUSINESS.
EASE OF USE, IT TOOK ME VERY LITTLE TIME TO LEARN THIS PROGRAM. IF IT DID HAS A QUESTION I RECEIVED VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE HELP VIA PHONE, WITH VERY LITTLE WAITING TIME.
LOVE THIS PROGRAM AND RECOMMEND TO TO ANY SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

Cons: HAD TROUBLE WITH ACCEPTING MY CARD FOR DIRECT PAYMENTS. OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE NO CONS WITH THIS PROGRAM.

Easy to Use, Reasonable, with Good Support

Reviewed on 17/08/2015
Terry K.
Principal
Customer Support

Comments: I'm glad I found Patriot Software. I own a small business and was using a local CPA for my payroll, which occurs every other week. Many checks were cut for employees on Friday payday using estimates for their taxes and net. It was always a concern on Monday or Tuesday each week when I'd send in employee hours to my CPA that I'd have them by Friday morning so I could cut checks for my staff. After six or eight months worrying about how to pay my staff, I decided I'd just use Abra HR and Payroll as I did for years when I was the only employee on my payroll. I contacted an Abra reseller to upgrade my license and couldn't believe how expensive it would be. That brought me to Patriot. For a few bucks each month, I can run my payroll from anywhere I can get on the internet. Its easy to use and available night and day. Like any software it has a few little quirks, but none that make me want to stop using it. Overall, its excellent, accessible, and easy enough to use once you figure out how you want things to work. I've told my CPA about it, and now he is recommending Patriot to many of his small business clients with good feedback as well. Good job, Patriot, and thank you.

by Patriot Software on 17/08/2015

Thanks for the great review Terry. We are happy you found value in our software. We enjoy serving you, and are looking forward to having many more years doing so!

Real accounting with good support

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
David F.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: More detailed accounting and I don't get so many questiona from my accountant about "why did you record the transaction that way"

Pros: Lower Price and has many more feature that I could word with

Cons: Takes a bit you get use to when switching from less functional accounting systems

Easy Basic Payroll

Reviewed on 13/09/2018
James G.
Attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This payroll software was easy to setup with use of tutorials and begin using swiftly. The price is cheap and has all the basic functions you need to run simple payroll, and you can cancel at any time with no obligation. For an extra fee, the software will also file all mandatory forms for you with the correct government agencies by their deadlines.

Cons: It can be a hassle to make changes to payroll if you make a mistake when you originally run it, which can in turn compromise the bottom line on your government payroll forms. It is just simpler for me to file the tax forms myself, but not everyone knows how to do that.

by Patriot Software on 18/09/2018

Thanks for the great review James. Just to clarify, you can easily void payrolls in the software without worrying about your 941 submissions IF the payrolls are changed before the quarter closes and payroll tax filings are submitted. Of course, if payrolls are changed after Patriot Software files, amended returns will need to be submitted, which we are happy to do for our full service payroll customers.

Great software

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Pam A.
office manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Makes my bookkeeping so much simpler

Pros: The ease of daily tasks especially payroll invoicing and reports. Sales tax is done in a jiffy as well as monthly expense reports.

Cons: I really have nothing negative to say about this software

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Mya B.
Accountant
Financial Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I absolutely love Patriot Software. The customer service is outstanding and they are a company that truly understands the needs of small business owners like myself.

Pros: Ease of Use

Cons: N/A

by Patriot Software on 13/12/2016

Thank you for the fantastic review Mya! We pride ourselves on understanding that small business owners want to save time and money.

Great software for doing small business payroll without an accountant

Reviewed on 14/11/2017
William S.
Assistant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Patriot Software is a quick setup and you can easily add many employees at any time to a new or existing payroll. On demand payroll is convenient as well for when people need to be paid for different jobs.

Cons: Can be difficult to know if you are giving the right tax information while you are filling out information. It could be helpful to have some information regarding which categories one may belong to.

Super simple/user-friendly! Customer Service is impeccable.

Reviewed on 26/08/2015
Kymberly S.
Marketing/Accounting
Customer Support

Comments: We switched over to this software in the middle of the year. While, I chose to set everything up myself, customer service was there right to help with every single step. Any time I've had a question they've been able to answer either right away or find out for me as soon as possible.
Our only "cons" would be that our paychecks need to be laid out a little differently than they allow and also, a plus would be to have an automatic vacation time addition. Each payroll I have to manually enter in hours for my employees. It would be nice to just have that added in for me, like I can in Quickbooks.
Overall, it's insanely easy and for all of the services, it is way cheaper than Quickbooks. We are so glad we made the switch!

by Patriot Software on 26/08/2015

Thanks for the great review Kymberly. We wanted you to know automatic vacation accruals are currently in development. We want to hear your suggestions about the paycheck layout, so a Support Rep will be contacting you. We value your input!
Your friends at Patriot

Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Curt B.
Chiropractor
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience has been a good one. It's quick and easy to use while also doing everything I need it to. It takes care of all the tax submissions so I don't have to and it's at an affordable price. Much more affordable than my accountant had been before switching to Patriot Software. I would definitely recommend.

Pros: Ease of use
Affordable
Good Customer Service

Cons: I haven't had any negatives in using the product for several years now

This has been very user friendly even for someone who isn't an accountant.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Beth D.
Co-Director
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that it is easy to use, updates everything at one time and seems reasonably priced. I also like that they have a payroll program that can be tied to it for a reasonable price. The 30 day free trial clinched it for me because I was able to see that it would work for us before making a commitment.

Cons: It was a bit confusing to put in a starting balance and know what fund to offset without throwing off my 2018 numbers. Customer service did help me get it figured out. That was the most time consuming part of the set up.

The Best Deal and Serice I Have Found

Reviewed on 06/08/2015
Clyde N.
Customer Support

Comments: "Patriot Software is meeting my business needs, and offers everything a person could want in a Payroll Software Company. In fact, several other Payroll Companies have contacted me wanting to offer me their services. In asking them what they have to offer me, what's included in their services and at what cost, nothing comes close to the value I receive with Patriot; your competition just doesn't cut it! In addition, the Customer Service is the most consistently reliable, most courteous and helpful on the internet that I've ever done business with. Your Customer Service is always Classy! You helped set up my account at no charge. Every Time I have called with a question a friendly, patient and knowledgeable person guided me to the solution. Thanks much for being there for me.

by Patriot Software on 10/08/2015

Thanks so much for the fabulous review Clyde. You are commonly referred to as a sweetheart around here, and we enjoy serving you. We look forward to having you as a life-long customer.

The software is easy to use and will make processing my payroll alot simplier.

Reviewed on 05/08/2015
Tamara P.
Customer Support

Comments: I was using spreadsheets for my payroll and time sheets but entering them in patriot-software has been a lot simpler. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that the payroll history link disappeared before I was able to enter my complete history and I needed to get paycheck stubs to an employee for past payroll. Other than that, I am looking forward to the ease of my employees clocking in and out online instead of me having to remember what days they called out or was late to work. And patriot software is processing taxes, thank goodness.

by Patriot Software on 06/08/2015

Hi Tamara,
Thanks for taking the time to review us! A support rep will be contacting you about the payroll history link. The link removal is to safeguard you from entering in prior payrolls in an open tax period.
You will love our time and attendance software. It is so easy to track employee hours and send them to payroll with a click of a button.
We look forward to serving you!

Perfect for an individual employer looking for a basic and easy to use payroll service!

Reviewed on 09/09/2015
Marisa W.
Customer Support

Comments: I decided to pay my nanny over the table and was looking for a very basic payroll service that would calculate everything for me while also being affordable. Patriot definitely fit the bill. It's super reasonably priced, easy to use, and has the all the features I was looking for. Their customer service is extremely helpful and responsive when setting everything up. Bonus that they have free direct deposit. The only drawback so far is they don't support multiple pay rates for one employee/payroll (in a nanny situation this is common - 1 child vs 2 child rates); however, there was a pretty simple workaround and this feature is apparently going to be released soon. A+

by Patriot Software on 09/09/2015

Thanks for the terrific review Marisa! You are correct! We are currently developing "multiple pay rates" for employees. We will let you know as soon as it is available!

Patriot Accounting Software

Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Laci M.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love that it keeps track of all my payroll and employee information and sets recommendations on what should be done. Very user friendly.

Pros: Its very easy to use and keep track. I am able to easily run reports, enter info and look things up with out it taking a million extra steps.

Cons: The wording on some of the reports and way of listing things could be done in a little plainer english for those of us just starting out.

Wonderful! Can't say enough positive things about this product!

Reviewed on 31/07/2015
Kathi J.
Co-owner & Manager
Customer Support

Comments: We are a small family owned service provider company, and this product has helped us streamline our invoicing in one place, get up to date P&L statements, and know in an instant who still owes us money, who pays on time, and what our status is. The customer service is bar-none, their in-line chat feature is great, and their helpful hints and intuitive format makes learning this product very easy. If you are a small business owner, this product is an invaluable tool!

by Patriot Software on 03/08/2015

Kathi, thanks for being a terrific ambassador for our accounting software! We made our software for small businesses like yours, and are thrilled you find it easy and intuitive.
Thanks for spreading the word!
Your Friends at Patriot Software

Great! I Love it, I tell all my fellow small business owners about it.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015
Lyman S.
Customer Support

Comments: Pro: Very easy to use and simple. Reports are accurate and easy to read.
Cons: Not really any... It would be nice if there was an easier way to handle employee purchases that are deducted from their pay. You can add money to a persons pay (like reimbursements for employee paid expenses) easily, but you can't deduct money without editing deductions before running payroll, then you have to remember to go back and change the deductions amount before the next payroll or you'll deduct the sames amount again...

by Patriot Software on 14/09/2015

Thanks for the review and feedback Lyman. We have passed your suggestion on our development team. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 10/11/2016
Kenisha W.
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great product. Easy to navigate through. It has access to online help and step by step instructions on how to accomplish what you are needing to accomplish.

Pros: Everything is so easy to navigate through.

Cons: It is an awesome product.

by Patriot Software on 02/12/2016

Thank you, Kenisha! We're so pleased hear that our software is easy for you to use and navigate. Let us know if you ever need any more help.

Quick and easy

Reviewed on 03/08/2015
Bethany D.
Payroll
Customer Support

Comments: I had no problems quickly learning and using this software. They walk you through every step with helpful videos and tutorials. I needed a payroll software to pay the people that took care of my father and so many were either complicated, or seemed like overkill. If you want something simple that can grow with you, Patriot Pay is for you.

by Patriot Software on 05/08/2015

Oh how we love to hear that you found our software as simple to use as we intended it to be. You're right Bethany, Patriot Software grows with you. Our software is simple to use, but powerful too, and can handle more complicated payroll deductions and contributions also.
Thanks for the kind words. You're the best!

Great Program!

Reviewed on 26/07/2015
Kris W.
Customer Support

Comments: I am very happy with the service. Great one on one customer service. It is easy to use and has cut my workload in half. My only complaint is I wish the customer service was open more hours, sometimes work on payroll late or on the weekends and need help. Besides that - great program. I would highly recommend it!

by Patriot Software on 27/07/2015

Thank you for your input Kris! Our customer service prides itself on helping customers when they need it most. We will pass your input along about longer hours.

We strive to save our customers time and money. Hearing your workload has been cut in half made us celebrate.
Keep spreading the word!
Your Friends at Patriot Software

Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 21/07/2017
Melisa R.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This product was easy to use. At first I hadn't had much luck with organizing my accounting, but this app definitely helped!

Cons: It took me some time before I was able to figure out how to use the app correctly. Once I got into the swing of things, it was easy!

great experience

Reviewed on 07/09/2017
Matt G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great customer service

Pros: This is an easy to use hassle free way to pay employees. After a little setup its hassle free. I would reccomend it

Cons: Take a little while to setup. It is just a part of the governments hasselful process in software setup.

Great Product, Great Service!

Reviewed on 03/08/2015
Michelle S.
Business Manager
Customer Support

Comments: I run a small business and use Patriot Pay for my payroll needs. It is very easy to setup and use and the price is good too! It's great having the chat option available, there are always knowledgeable representatives right there, waiting to help and the longest I have waited for a response was around 1 minute. Patriot Pay is great, and I would recommend it to everyone!

by Patriot Software on 03/08/2015

Thanks for the great review Michelle. We are always happy to chat with you, so don't be afraid to just pop into our chat and say hi! And, thanks for your recommendation of our software. You're the best!

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Kim T.
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We utilize it for 1099's etc. The software is intuitive, and straightforward, so easy to use, even for a non-accounting type person. The support staff is very patient and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Patriot software.

Pros: Straightforward, intuitive, easy to use.
Great support

Good product for small business

Reviewed on 18/08/2015
Stephanie F.
Partner
Customer Support

Comments: I have found that will the minimal knowledge that I already had concerning business taxes this product is exactly what I needed to not have to pay high prices for an accountant. They also have been helpful in making sure that we have applied for and pay all taxes that we should. There were several things that I was unaware of that need to be paid.

by Patriot Software on 21/08/2015

Thanks for your review Stephanie. We have a heart for startups! We're happy you felt we were able to be proactive in getting your account correctly setup. Best success!
Your Friends at Patriot