• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About Copper

Copper is the easy-to-use CRM that's designed for and recommended by Google. Want to be more organized and productive? Try it now.

Learn more about Copper

Bob J.
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"Extremely Limited"

Comments: Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data. Overall, it lacked customization. Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse. Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix. The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely. If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet. Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there. It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks. You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time. I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need.
They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes.
They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros: Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons: High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016
Allison M.
CMO
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Copper - CRM"

Comments: Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros: Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons: There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Chief Revenue Officer
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"More than I'll ever need"

Comments: Great. It has been hassle-free and has helped us stay organized.

Pros: The product is very clean and simple to use. On top of that, every little detail can be customized.

Cons: For whatever reason, support seems to be hard to reach. Any questions that come up usually take 2 days to be answered.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Eric V.
Director and Sales and Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Fabulous CRM product for Gmail users"

Comments: Easy to trial product. Sales support team was very helpful. Not too pushy.
Software has exceed my expectations.

Pros: Easy to set up and use, great UI. The tight integration with Gmail is really the killer feature for us.

Cons: If you accidentally delete records they cannot be recovered. Not good if you accidentally delete all your contacts and have not done a manual back up ..

• Reviewed on 24/09/2020
Operations
Public Policy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Has helped me get my marketing leads in order"

Comments: Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros: I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons: The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work. Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Jake L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Finally, a CRM a sales guy can live with"

Comments: This is the easiest to use most intuitive CRM system that I have ever worked with in the 25+ year career. I especially like the automatic integration with GSuite (gmail & calendar). I like the user interface and workflow to move opportunities through the sales process. The online support team have been great to work with and seem quite knowledgeable about the product.

Pros: I like the simplicity of how it is laid out. It was easy to customize to some of my company's unique requirements. Because it automatically syncs to my email and calendar, it eliminates hours of typical data entry that I have been frustrated with other systems. The integration with Linkedin is also a nice feature when I am entering leads.

Cons: There are a few advanced features that I wish were available at the basic level. Otherwise, the product is too expensive at higher levels.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2020
Lauren M.
Marketing ' Technology Consultant
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks"

Pros: We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons: It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Erica L.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2017

"Perfect Small Business Solution"

Comments: ProsperWorks is not as widely known (yet) as many other CRM providers in the industry, but it is a strong contender in the arena. It has all the basic features and more for a business that needs a CRM system, and it seamlessly integrates with Gmail/Google for Business, which is a huge plus!

Pros: The Gmail integration is vital in so many ways, including record-keeping, recalling information, setting reminders for follow-ups and organizing project-related information. It's also highly intuitive. Although there are a number of self-paced and personal training opportunities, a relatively tech savvy individual should be able to navigate it with little trouble. It also includes a capability to keep your leads separate from your actual customers, while also moving them through a pipeline that you design. The Opportunities feature does the same thing, allowing you to visually track where any sales are and analyze any snags in your process.

Cons: There are some tricks to setting up the system, but ProsperWorks support is very clear in giving new clients the proper order of operations. If you follow the onboarding steps, you'll be successful.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Kamatara J.
Chief Learning Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Daily Use = Time Saved"

Comments: Time management, task management, contact information, opportunity pipelines, email logs, project logs, contracts and calling management.

Pros: I love being able to read my teammates emails to our clients so when I speak to that client, I can see what was said or offered or attached. Then we are a united front in communication with no extra time spent.

Cons: I haven't experienced anything yet that I don't like.

by Copper on 03/03/2020

Love that you're saving a ton of time with Copper, Kamatara!

Nicole H.
Executive Consultant
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Great CRM for remote teams!"

Comments: Copper has allowed our remote team to work together much easier. It also allows for easy report and visualization of key data. We're doing a much better job of interacting with our clients and prospects.

Pros: This is a super intuitive, easy to implement system. It is super customizable and have allowed our remote team to work more efficiently and effectively.

Cons: The "read receipt" feature is not super reliable. I wish they would deactivate this feature until the tech has caught up with this idea.

by Copper on 03/03/2020

Thanks for the feedback, Nicole!

Pedro M.
Founder & Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"Great CRM embedded with G Suite"

Comments: The best CRM in the market.

Pros: Embedded 100% with G Suite, integration with many other solutions - easy to use.

Cons: Not linked (embedded) with Google chat and Google Voice. Would be a nice feature.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
Timothy W.
COO
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"Hooked in by Gmail integration, Pushed Away by Lack of Features"

Comments: The icing on the cake for us with Copper (which had an easier to remember name when it was called Prosperworks), was that we decided to cancel and reached out about ending our contract. Since we did it after the end of the 2nd year of our contract, we were now committed for a 3rd year. We had to remember to do so a month in advance of the end of our 1 year. Now, anyone who is in SaaS knows that this is insane. This is a self-setup system (I may have spoken to a person once). The only reason to do this is to take advantage of your customers. This is a terrible practice and I wish we had never made the mistake of engaging with them.

Pros: We embraced Copper even though it was a little pricey for a small business and required us to commit to a year. Our main reason for using it is that everyone in the company has to at some points be a salesperson and we thought that a tool built for Gmail would be the best option.

Cons: When we started to seriously use the software for more than big contracts and started to reach out to a lot of prospects, the holes in the system were glaring. There are a ton of small things that just drove us crazy. We ended with tons of duplicates. To eliminate them you have to export to Excel, etc. Not fun and not realistic. Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns. The navigation is so confusing. We spent a lot of time figuring out where we clicked to get to a particular screen and how to replicate it. I found myself being super careful to do the exact same thing every time because it shows leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in an alternating left-right fashion that is just confusing. The absolute biggest is that there are no reports that give you any insights into how your email is performing, which is odd because they've written blog posts on the importance of doing so. All you can see is a running list of who opened your email or didn't. It is like looking at a terminal window for error messages.

by Copper on 10/02/2020

Hi Timothy, thanks for the thorough review. We're very sorry about the experience you've had with our team in the past, and we're doing everything we can to make things right.

We understand Emilia from our team reached out and was able to connect with you to better understand where we could better improve and address the hurdles you've run into.

We're happy to hear the lines of communication were open and extend that offer to you beyond Emilia's initial outreach. Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Erik P.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"Disappointed on many fronts"

Comments: I had high hopes when making the transition from Pipedrive to Copper. I was interested in custom reports and overall more customization of the product when compared to Pipedrive. The trial period went well with the software and the help from support in the transition, but ultimately we were pushed to commit to the paid account before we could test everything needed for our business. We paid the annual subscriptions for our team and ended up wanting to leave the CRM after about 6 months because the CRM wasn't meeting our needs after we worked with it for some time. When asking to cancel and refund the balance of payment not used they were unwilling to offer any refund, stating the contract says no refunds :( So we left with a bad taste in our mouths and overall disappointment with the software and support.

Pros: I liked the ability to do customized reporting, gsuite integrations and overall customization of the CRM.

Cons: The customer service was helpful to certain level. They helped us transition through the trial period in the software but ultimately I was pushed to commit to the product before we could fully test everything we needed. The CRM is somewhat cluttered and the UI is a little too subtle. Specifically the opportunities pipeline and tasks due really don't come forward visually because the status color dots for upcoming task, ect are too small and the color contrast is too low. Pipedrive did a much better job at this quick visual communication for the user showing what might be overdue, coming due, etc.

by Copper on 11/02/2020

Hi Erik, sorry to hear that Copper wasn't able to meet your expectations and really appreciate your thoughtful feedback this helps us continue to develop our product and customer engagement motions to better serve you.

We're also sorry to hear that you had an issue with your account terms. We aim to offer flexible terms across our monthly and annual contracts, and adhere to standard SaaS contract terms to align with other software tools that our customers are leveraging.

We commit a high level of post-sale and ongoing Customer Success resources for our customers that make a commensurate, annual commitment to us.

To that end, we would love to continue working with you through the remainder of your contract to help you find value from Copper.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2020
Greg H.
director of operations
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Too Glitchy and Poor Support."

Comments: Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros: What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons: 1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples: a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work. Is it that hard to update a database? b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. 2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access. 3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Peter D.
Co-Founder/Director
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"The best CRM out there!"

Comments: We are a B2B SAAS startup and needed a user-friendly and powerful CRM platform. We use Google For Business for email. We reviewed all the leading CRM platforms, and Copper was the clear leader. It is easy to use and makes sales outreach a breeze. Highly recommended.

Pros: My company has been using Copper for over a year and we love it. Being able to customize it to meet each business needs is amazing and has made this product fit our business like a glove. We also like that the reports are fast and you can easily manage users permissions. The main benefits are: User-friendly; zero clutter
Makes sales outreach and activity tracking much easier.
Tight integration with Gmail
Terrific customer service
Excellent reporting

Cons: There is not really anything we dislike. The Copper support team are excellent and integrating the system to your business functions is relatively simple. The support team is excellent and the setup process is intuitive and straightforward.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Tyrone B.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2017

"Perfect CRM Solution for Our Small Business"

Comments: We started exploring CRM's in October and were drawn to Salesforce because this CRM what our peers and mentors were encouraging us to use. We downloaded the sample software and were immediately overwhelmed by the complexity of the program. We saw how Salesforce may be great for a super big business but for our small consulting firm with 4 employees it was too complex. The initial appeal was that Prosperworks linked pretty seamlessly with our Google Enterprise suite and was so so so so SO easy to set up! It has been about two months now and we are already feeling the ease lifted from our shoulders. We were managing all of our clients using spreadsheets and in doing so where missing invoices, forgetting important details and not following up! Now we have automated task to remind us of things and thanks to integration with Zapier, its like we have an entire team of online robots supporting us!

Pros: The look and feel = it's not intimidating and actually is easy to use
The integrations have been really helpful (we are waiting for the quickbooks integration with excitement)
We say immediate results in our reduction of stress and increased capacity within 2 weeks.

Cons: A better google calendar integration would be really helpful
Customer Summer has been helpful but it some of the employees need to really brush up on their skills, meaning that they did not know answers to some of the basic features.
Ability to customize home screen more would be great!

• Reviewed on 01/03/2017
Jake K.
Sales Associate
Packaging & Containers, 11-50 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: Copper has helped my company organize all kinds of customer information in a way that makes things more manageable for us. We literally have thousands of customers and Copper keeps all their information, points of contact, sales info in one central place for a almost everyone in our company to have access to it.

Pros: I like the ease of use and that is is compatible with my Google email, makes going between email and CRM seamless!

Cons: That you can't set a default task deadline, it defaults to 1 day and you can't change that. I would set my default at 1 week if I was able to, often times following up 1 day after doing something is too soon.

by Copper on 26/02/2020

Thanks, Jake!

Brian W.
President & Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"I've used multiple CRMs and ProsperWorks is the best product on the market!"

Pros: It's easy to use, easy to set up, great customer service, easy to customize, great value and easily the best CRM I've ever used. The Gmail integration is amazing and the whole team loves the product.

Cons: The system isn't stable in a Safari browser and regularly crashes or returns me to my previous browser session, losing any data that wasn't saved. I wish that there were the ability to edit multiple records in a data sheet view. I also wish I could easily convert Companies/People back to Leads if they were converted by accident or entered incorrectly. I would also like to be able to have only certain fields appear on select company types instead of every company card.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Erik L.
Sales Manager
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"I started a new sales team with this CRM and it is better than anything else on the market!"

Pros: I was looking for something that could keep everything organized for my salesmen and I wanted something that was like salesforce but cheaper. This was actually better than anything Ive tried and it was much cheaper. I could assign prospects to a team member and follow every step of the way. I could even check the email that are sent out in templates. I can see the activity on each account and I know when there is no activity. The pipeline is simple and very effective. I can easily track all the sales for the entire team in seconds. I can also assign task for each salesperson to do and have an alarm email me upon completion. No opportunity is lost without me getting an email to check on it. The team can upload docs and record all notes without closing the app. We are using a variety of different computers on it. Mac's, PC's, and Chrome books. It also connects right in with my Google G-Suit and all emails to clients are automaticly picked up and recorded in the CRM. Customer support does have a phone number and not just email.

Cons: There have been some minor quirks but they seem to get fixed really fast. If I call customer service I get help right then

• Reviewed on 15/01/2018
Frédéric L.
Vp Business dev
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"The CRM that is built for GSUITE with the same mentality"

Comments: Great relationship, love their product

Pros: It is amazing, Copper go get all the information right from the emails, linked in account of your new added person, generate lead, create opportunity easily. all with the easyness should I say googleness? really their addon for gsuite succeed to keep me on my gmail page for 80% of my crm work. simply wow!

Cons: there is not yet multi language but i know they are working on it.
more integration with accounting online like uqickbook would be great!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Kevin P.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2017

"G-Suite Integrated CRM"

Comments: Pricing is great for small companies. We want a solution that can expand by users, but we don't want something that becomes significantly more expensive as additional users are less critical. We feel this is a great solution to include support staff on.

Pros: Seamless G-Suite Integration
Automatically generates profiles, bringing in information from the web such as LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
Pipeline is very useful - extends Google functionality.

Cons: Only integrates well with one G-Suite account per user, you can have more than one account, but only one integrates seamlessly. This has been a problem for me as I am merging two companies and want to keep both brands.
No tablet app on Android.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2017
Alex L.
Managing Partner
Events Services
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Prosperworks is the best and simplest CRM on the market currently!"

Pros: We have gone back and forth between Prosperworks and SalesforceIQ in our company. It is a tough decision between them because both are amazing platforms that fulfill a lot of the same requirements. We finally decided to go with Prosperworks and couldn't be happier. It gives us an amazing visual platform to see all of our deals in progress and more importantly, the ability to see status of deals we already closed. We can make sure that both deals in progress and closed deals are being handled and our clients are 100% satisfied. Awesome software!

Cons: The mobile app is a little slow sometimes but I am sure the Prosperworks team is working on it. Other than that, it can be expensive for larger teams.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Matt B.
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"Love prosperworks! Have tried many CRMs but this is by far the best."

Comments: Helps the sales team easily stay on top of where everything is up to and as a business owner I can jump in and get up to date on a deal in real time thanks to the great google integration.

Pros: Seemless Google Integration, Great pipeline management, good integrations with all the other tools I use.

Cons: Sometimes the load time on date within some of the look up fields is a little laggy but that is not a biggy overall.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Robert B.
Reactive Operations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Not the most cost effective CRM out there but the native G Suite integration is irreplaceable."

Comments: Incredibly easy deployment and a so far flawless CRM solution.

Pros: The native integration into G Suite put ProsperWorks miles ahead of the rest of the CRM crowd. Deployment was incredibly easy and has all of the industry standard CRM options.

Cons: The lack of a proper admin/management dashboard. As we've grown we've transitioned users to/from roles and changing licenses or managing billing is not as fluid as it should be for a cloud based service. It's could use a refresh with role based access in mind.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018