• Overall

About Copper

Copper is the easy-to-use CRM that's designed for and recommended by Google. Want to be more organized and productive? Try it now.

Learn more about Copper

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Copper before?

Scott G.
Scott G.
General Manager in Australia

The CRM for sales team on Gsuite

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've used a lot of CRMs, from Salesforce to Pipedrive. Copper is hands down the best. Easy to use, easy for the team to adopt but still very powerful under the hood.

Pros:

Automated data entry. Pre-populates a lot of my contacts data so adding new leads is a simple point and click. The gmail integration is amazing. I can get a clear picture of my entire relationship from where I work - gmail. Im really starting loving the workflow automations and cool calculated fields I can make now.

Cons:

I'd like to see a better native integration with an email automation software

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud, Pipedrive and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: I kept losing track of my conversations and follow up actions.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Salesforce clunky, very expensive and the team hated it. As a small business we didn't use 30% of it. Pipedrive was ok, but very simple and seemed to suit a very small team. It lacked multiple pipelines and didnt have the integration to Gsuite that Copper provided. Hubspot free was very simple and the full paid version of hubspot was super expensive. I didn't need the marketing features at all. Copper also had a better user experience and gsuite integration.

Dulce L.
Legal assistant in US
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Amazing CRM!

5 5 months ago

Comments: Overall very happy with this software. Didn’t need any training at all as it’s very intuitive and easy to work with.

Pros:

It is very user friendly, loads quickly and can be used on the go. I love that there’s an app that works smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. This makes us super easy to work on the go or to be able to access info when away from the office. I also love the copper extension that allows me to see if my clients have opened up our emails (it lists each date and time it was opened)

Cons:

The only issue I have is that the Copper extension (not the software itself) sometimes marks an email as being read if I open it to link it to an opportunity. Not a big deal, I can usually rule out the “read” notification right after the email was sent because I know it was me. Any other reads are ones our customers triggered when they opened the email. I also wish that the mobile app allowed you to view the customers numbers without having to select the “phone” or “call” option.

Julia A.
Senior Account Executive in US

Loved my experience

5 last month New

Comments: Copper was easy to use and get started with. Customer service was not good. Lots of minor feature additions would've made a big impact, but we also didn't get much support so many we just weren't optimizing the product.

Pros:

Copper was easy to use and get started with. It was great having it as a way to manage accounts and coordinate across my team and major step up from our previous tool.

Greg H.
director of operations in US

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

1 4 years ago

Comments: Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros:

What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons:

1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples: a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work. Is it that hard to update a database? b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. 2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access. 3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

Kennis N.
IT OFFICER in Nigeria
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

A wonderful CRM platform

4 4 months ago

Comments: Copper which was formerly "PROSPER WORKS" is helpful to us in tracking sales opportunity

Pros:

Copper is wonderful at how seamlessly it integrates with all google products, Gmail, chrome e.t.c. Copper gives you access to real time reporting so you aware of what goes on in your business

Cons:

Work on integrating copper with other messaging platforms. The inbuilt search feature isn't topnotch.

Owner in US
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees

I really like Copper

4 5 months ago

Comments: For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros:

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done. Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons:

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.

Richard H.
New Business Generation in US

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

5 5 months ago

Comments: With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros:

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons:

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

Artem R.
Artem R.
Founder in US

Good, well-balanced small business CRM

5 4 months ago

Pros:

Copper is feature-rich and did everything we wanted it to do to manage sales at a relatively large website. We used Copper to manage leads, convert them to opportunities, track payments, and fulfill our clients' orders. We also set up integrations with Slack and Google Forms, which made it much easier for clients to reach out and for us to track progress and discuss projects in a single tool (Slack).

Cons:

Pricing could be more competitive, but compared to Salesforce, it's probably not bad at all.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Price and simplicity, given how capable it still was for our needs.

M. woodrow J.
M. woodrow J.
Vice President in US

Keep it Simple Stupid

5 5 months ago

Pros:

Simple Easy to use Integrates with Email Minimalistic yet still feature heavy Provides actionable sales process data

Cons:

Which it dealt with duplication a little bit better

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper: We still use monday.com for project management but it just wasnt the right tool for a sales CRM

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Simplicity of use and customization.

Phillip V.
Director of Operations in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Great interface and easy to integrate with other software

5 5 months ago

Pros:

The UI is very easy to use and I like the fact that it tracks emails and you can see when customers open the emails. I like that you can log notes and also that it integrates with PandaDoc and MailChimp.

Cons:

I feel like the speed of the sync could be improved.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud and Method CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Copper (at the time Prosperworks) synced with GSuite and had a friendly UI.

Marc-antoine B.
Manager, booking agent, label manager, PR in Canada
Music, 2-10 Employees

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

5 5 months ago

Comments: Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros:

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features. It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful! The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons:

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Janna W.
owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros:

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons:

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Syncing to gmail automatically.

Jaimee I.
Office Manager in US

Copper

5 2 years ago

Comments: Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros:

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons:

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: If you have ever used ACT, you will understand why.

Switched From: Act!

2 years ago

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Jacqueline C.
Broker/Owner in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

5 2 years ago

Comments: Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros:

The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons:

the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

Alternatives Considered: BoomTown, TOP PRODUCER and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Contactually really only kept you nurturing leads but didn't incorporate pipeline management along with transaction and data management effectively.

Switched From: Contactually

Reasons for Switching to Copper: The amount of features and intuitive layout of the program was easily the most scalable as we grow, and the best value monetarily as well!

2 years ago

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Mark B.
Mark B.
Proposal Manager in Canada

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite. I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution. I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons:

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Michael B.
Associate in US
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees

Copper for Small Business

4 5 months ago

Comments: I like Copper, it is easy to use and integrated with Gmail. Cloud base allows use any place in the world. Accounts and analysts (people who do nothing but watch what I do) love looking at my copper but hate putting information in system.

Pros:

1. Organizes leads, people, and anything for sales. 2. sends reminder emails about presentation or phone call. 3. cloud based, can be done anywhere 4. Task managment 5. easy input with enough infomration on clients. Sometimes find info on leads online.

Cons:

1. Can't same attachments for emails. 2. Does not integrate with LinkedIn (App for LinkedIn mixing is terrible). 3. Not enough time to use because focoused on other things for small busines.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: IT person at company wanted to switch.

Switched From: QuickBooks Time

Drew B.
Drew B.
Director of Sales in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Great CRM for Gmail Users

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros:

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons:

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Gmail integration and cost.

Copper (formerly ProsperWorks) Response

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Phil S.
Sales Manager in US
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

Sales for Organic Maple Syrup

4 5 months ago

Comments: Great tool for the price and for a team.

Pros:

A very essential tool, pretty easy to use for Sales CRM.

Cons:

Lots of features are not needed for the basic sale of a grocery product. Would like to link a People of a Company to be the Companies Primary Contact. so there is only one entry for that in the Company. Wish saved files could be viewed and not just downloaded.

Alternatives Considered: Insightly and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Copper (Prosperworks) is much better.

Switched From: Results CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Better team integration. Better Gmail intergration.

Operations in Guatemala
Public Policy, 2-10 Employees

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

4 3 years ago

Comments: Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros:

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons:

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work. Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Allison M.
CMO in US

Copper - CRM

5 last year

Comments: Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros:

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish. You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons:

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

John R.
Owner in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Basic CRM

4 last year

Comments: Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros:

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons:

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Copper: I stop using Office 365 and switched to Google Apps.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Andrea S.
Membership Animator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Everything I need for success in one platform

4 5 months ago

Comments: At first the learning curve with Copper CRM was difficult especially since I had been trained in other softwares. The video tutorials were a great help! At this time and after the learning curve I am very happy with my overall experience with Copper. I use it daily and enjoy how I can personalize the features to suit my sales and relationship management needs.

Pros:

There are a few features in which I like most about the Copper CRM software. Firstly, the opportunities pipeline feature. This is a great tool in following the journey of prospective members and new members. When moving throughout stages of the platform intergrations allow for tasks to be automated with intergrations to Gmail. Which leads me to my next favourite feature which is the Gmail intergration and Zapier intergrations. This allows for my workflow to become much easier, built-in interaction tracking, and more. The email templates are a huge plus too!

Cons:

It was previously the dashboard, but the recent upgrade which allows for a customizable dashboard is a wonderful added value.

Alternatives Considered: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT, HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Intergrations, automations, and price.

Jeff N.
Jeff N.
President in Canada

Awesome CRM with Great Support

5 2 years ago

Comments: Excellent.

Pros:

- works well with Gmail - works well, intuitive - great support

Cons:

too expensive when I try to integrate with MailChimp.

Alternatives Considered: Nimble

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Integration with Gmail. Better interface.

Switched From: Solve CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: better interface more intuitive

Thanks, Jeff!

Connor M.
Technical Systems and Team Support Manager in Canada
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Flexiable and Easy to Use

5 2 years ago

Comments: We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros:

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons:

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: The old program was just not cutting it. It wasn't mobile-friendly or as customizable as Copper.

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Customization, ease of use, and price

Andrew W.
Andrew W.
CEO in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Great CRM for Gmail users

5 2 years ago

Pros:

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons:

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Recommendation of a friend.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Gmail integration

2 years ago

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!