Far more robust than most give it credit for

Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: PowerPoint does it all for me: In-person presentations, plans and proposals, social media graphics, animations, digital and print ad design, poster and brochure design. I reach for PowerPoint more than any other Microsoft program. When it comes to presenting ideas with strong visual impact, I think in PowerPoint.

Pros: Like most professionals who've ever had to give a presentation, I began using Powerpoint 10+ years ago as a presentation tool. Over the years, I've created more and more elegant documents, slideshows, etc., and have recently begun using Powerpoint to create digital and print ads, social media posts, posters, brochures and other collateral materials. I've appreciated how easy it is to place text and images, adjust colors, create transparent images, rotate and layer elements, create animations, and much more. Powerpoint is really a fairly intuitive tool for the professional who is capable, but not a graphic designer by trade. There are many things that Photoshop does better, of course, but I'm amazed at how much I can do with Powerpoint with far less swearing. So far the biggest limitations are the size of document you can create (under 50 inches); it doesn't set up in pixels, and it takes a little finesse to produce a high-res output. For my small marketing consultancy, where it helps to keep as much work as possible in-house without paying outside designers for certain types of projects, Powerpoint has become my constant companion. I produce proposals, plans, mockups, and even some finished work all from this one, indispensible program.

Cons: Admittedly, this is not marketed as a graphic design program, but there are only a few small things that would make Powerpoint an easy-to-use tool for simple design: 1., a slightly-easier-to-use "remove background" tool (that doesn't leave the resulting image pixelated); 2., the ability to export or save documents as a Photoshop PDF; the ability to set up a document in pixels, 3., the ability to select dpi.

PowerPoint Does It All

Reviewed on 28/06/2019
James C.
OWNER / CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Well I would have to say my experience is a little more unique, building Advanced animations that can emulate a Flash type of product, but having been a Flash animator I understand those types of items. I have no problems with PowerPoint I know how to use Word to build an outline... I know how to link the data in from Excel... bring that data from a database and instead of spending two days building a report on Friday I simply just open up the files... let them all update print - publish and I'm ready for the meeting.

Pros: Over the years PowerPoint has seen an evolution through Z learning video production and other items around it without being included in those worlds. When the truth is Powerpoint was the foundation for all of those other tools and nobody just really recognized it by blowing it off as just another Microsoft product. It's unfortunate that many people don't learn the advanced animations and items available for production, especially the record video and Publishing out to if you have Office 360 the new Microsoft stream service. Too many people are using tools like Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, and other products that, while yes they do hold some Advanced features for their Silo of targeted audience, PowerPoint has many of these features available with skill sets you already know in an application interface you've been familiar with for over 25 years. I hate to see people waste a lot of money on the other products with time and training, when you'll notice every one of them has what... A PowerPoint import.

Cons: It can seem a little clunky at times to people who aren't as familiar with it, which I've got to put in Microsoft's court because people who know how to use Word and basically a PowerPoint is a dynamic word application based around bullet points and presentations. The trouble is enough people don't learn how to build a good presentation by building their outline in Word, focusing on the content, and then letting PowerPoint build a slide deck based on the items. It's called PowerPoint for a reason not PowerParagraph. The reason I make the distinction here as a con is because I think it has to do with the dissemination of the product information through the manufacturer and people's assumptions of its lack of capabilities or difficulty of use hasn't really been addressed, because even has an advanced experience user it can seem a little clunky at times.

Easily the most flexible presentation creator on the market

Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Caitlin R.
occupational therapist
Medical Practice, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Having used this product to create multiple educational experiences with my staff, the ability for them to be able to retain both the presentation on the computer as well as to print a note taking version prior to the lecture is very beneficial. In our field (rehabilitation), PowerPoint allows the user to connect short video excerpts to get a detailed look at a specific skill and then return to a general presentation seamlessly. As updates with software or new laws enter into our field, PowerPoint can be used alongside a webinar platform to instruct many offices at the same time, ensuring that all employees receive the same information and have a way to bring the new information out into the field with us.

Pros: PowerPoint allows basic users to take a well designed template created by Microsoft and create a finished product by merely inserting information and pictures within its framework. Employees with more skill can develop more unique and integrated presentations, set them to automatically move through time within the talk, or incorporate outside video, music, or podcasts. This entire process can be downloaded into slides for people who are receiving the presentation to take notes on or to refer back to at a later date.

Cons: Employees with limited computer skills can find it difficult to see so many icons for choices on how to create slides. While the initial learning curve is moderately steep for these people, they seem to almost uniformly overcome it quickly and acquire a base level of user ability within a few presentations. The leap from basic to high end use does seem to require some know how with computer savvy in general, though I would surmise this to be true of any product in this field.

Truly best and simplest tool for any presentation

Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Barbara S.
Truly best and simple presentation tool
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work for global technology company with multiple offices in US and internationally (Europe, Asia). I use PowerPoint for all my presentations to employees, management, Board of Directors, international employees and external parties. PowerPoint is a widely -used tool by all my company's management and employees in US and internationally. It allows us to make all presentations in highly-professional format, standard and concur to corporate presentation methods irregardless of whether presentation was created in US or international office.

Pros: I like most that PowerPoint allows to create excellent presentations in a very simple way. It is easy to create, easy to read, widely used and truly best tool for presentations to senior management, outside parties and basically, anyone. I work in finance. I do all my presentations in PowerPoint. It allows to focus on right level of details and keep information well organized. Giving presentations in PowerPoint allows me to look professionally and speak well to both financial professionals and people outside of my profession, providing them right level of details. I like that I can create presentations in PowerPoint using wide range of tools, including tables, graphs and insert pictures from Internet. I also like that at creating each presentation, I can convert it to pdf-format and distribute to high-level of management. This way, they have well-prepared and well-presented document in a format that they can't inadvertently modify. I really could not think of a better tool than PowerPoint for any presentation. I use it for all my professional presentations.

Cons: I really like PowerPoint. I often use Excel graphs (Excel build-in) linked to the presentation. I believe that there is some opportunity of improvement in those Excel build-in, when it links to Excel file. I would like to see the presentation changed automatically when Excel changes and continue to work even if Excel file got moved to a different folder. Also, I would like to see more graphic opportunity in Power Point, maybe offering some standard widely used graphs which would be easy to build in and use for presentations.

The Well-Deserved Leader of Presentation Software

Reviewed on 08/05/2019
ICT Systems Coordinator
Music, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: PowerPoint is used regularly across the business by office workers and senior executives alike. It is one of the most common forms of displaying information in meetings, and will no doubt be used in this way for many years to come. Information and support can be found in abundance online, and everyone it seems is familiar with the concept of PowerPoint and can navigate its UI well.

Pros: PowerPoint is very well established and as such everyone has experience with using the software in various situations and can navigate its UI well; this has meant we have had to provide less training than we normally would need to provide. There is an abundance of support information online for if users run into issues. From a technical standpoint, PowerPoint was incredibly easy to deploy as part of an Office installation package and can be maintained via GPOs. PowerPoint is filled with features; you can import media such as videos or pictures, use slide design templates to spruce up a presentation, and create slide transitions to add some magic when moving from slide to slide in presentation view. When presenting in a dual-screen mode, the presentation will display on one screen and notes/next slide previews will show on the other, which is useful for presenters.

Cons: PowerPoint can struggle with extremely large video files (upwards of 1GB) when inserted into a presentation, however it does provide a compression utility in the application to decrease video file sizes to improve performance. The basic design template can come across as a little boring (white background and black text), but this can be altered using slide design templates and text formatting tools.

Microsoft PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 05/05/2019
Rosa G.
Marketing Specialist
Education Management, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MS PowerPoint has been a must have software for me since like forever. I believe it has manage to keep up with the competition, even though upon its release it was a pretty much unique software. It has upgraded and keep pace inspite of all the crazy changes that the latest technological revolution has brought. MS PowerPoint has never disappointed me, it has always been my tool for choice in creating slideshow presentations for most of my academic, profesional and personal projects. I personally find all of the animation options to be really good and useful.

Pros: MS PowerPoint is well-known among the academic and work industry. It is one of the most popular softwares for creating and sharing slideshow presentations and for being part of the Office 365 suite. Pretty much a basic in the software world, Microsoft PowerPoint it´s an extremely intuitive software, easy to use and a very powerful tool. MS PowerPoint has a lot of advantages, beginning with its long history and already proven quality, not to mention its great reputation, ending up with its flexibility to work with multiple files, export in multiple formats and be compatible with pretty much every device. It has a wide selection of templates that are pretty decent and aesthetic, a nice fonts library, animation and graphic options, in summary all of the fancy tools that you require to give your presentations the ultimate touch. I personally like the fact that it is very easy to access this software from anywhere and the fact that it has a friendly mobile version is also very useful.

Cons: I would say that one of the main downsides of this software is the fact that you can´t directly publish your slides online in platforms like Youtube, FB, or other similar socialmedia. Also, you can no longer purchase it by itself, it is included in the Office 365 suite.

Microsoft PowerPoints Powers Presenters to Take Point in Your Success

Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Jan michael U.
United States General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I personally use PowerPoint every day of my life. I have 3-4 business reviews to do each week, so I heavily rely on PowerPoint. I love what Microsoft has done over the years to improve the UI and rich features of the client. My favorite features include the new presenter mode where I can see my slide notes on one screen and the slides on the projector screen. I use the laser pointer a ton, so it helps me to get precise on what points I want to land with the audience. I also love the co-authoring features, the read out loud feature, the icon features they integrated to create infographic type of presentations to drive a simple message to the audience, the ease of inserting media, and the professional transitions that they've incorporated. Overall, I would rate PowerPoint as 5 out of 5 stars for ease of use, creating professional presentations in minutes, and the effectiveness of this platform in helping me deliver excellence in my presentations in a way that allows my audience to learn and apply my points well.

Pros: The biggest differentiated value to Powerpoint are as follows:
1. It is both consumer and enterprise ready. It's rare to find platforms that present content that covers all audience levels
2. The ease of use. PowerPoint is built in a way that is self explanatory to learn with an easy to use navigation bar. I have taught my grandmother how to use PowerPoint before in the past, and she figured out how to use it within a few minutes.
3. The rich features that come with PowerPoint. From PowerPoint Translator to Office Mix, PowerPoint is more than just presenting slides. PowerPoint has the power to bridge language gaps, serve the accessibility community, and enable all audience levels to become better presenters.
4. Collaboration - The PowerPoint rich client or PowerPoint online enables co-authoring, bridging the gap and breaking down walls on collaborating to make great presentations even when various parties are spread across the world. I personally have experience doing this, and it is powerful to work with other folks on preparing for important presentations globally through their co-authoring features.

Cons: PowerPoint does not integrate spreadsheets as cleanly as other Office related products. The formatting gets thrown off, and it does not do a clean copy and paste. PowerPoint can get very heavy on the file size by simply adding an image. It is not as easily shareable as other Office products due to the high file size. Microsoft could do a better job compressing the rich features they built in for users to use in a way that can be attached to emails.

PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Sadiyya A.
Registered Practical Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have used PowerPoint since elementary school for school projects. As I graduated from the nursing program not to long ago, PowerPoint was always my go to program to create interactive presentations that would engage my audience. There are many reasons I loved the PowerPoint program:
1) PowerPoint has many interactive features that make your project look authentic, personal and professional. These features especially help when you are transitioning between slides in your presentation, or if you are trying to make an emphasis in your presentation as well.
2) PowerPoint allows for enhancement in your creativity as it has many features which allow you to be creative, something I personally had fun with when I used the program. PowerPoint allows for one to create colourful designs using the themes provided by the program itself. These themes can also be modified to fit your needs as well while creating your presentations. You can easily create charts, tables, diagrams and add pictures to the various slides allowing for the audience to be better engaged with your work.
3) PowerPoint allows for one to easily save files you have created in various formats which is compatible with most computer programs and operating systems. You are also able to easily save your file on a USB or CD, and carry your work around rather than having to lug round your laptop.

Cons: PowerPoint is a great program that allows one to be creative, however during my time while using PowerPoint in school, I found there were some flaws with the usage and setup of the program as well. For instance, you can spend hours creating a beautiful presentation, but in order to project your piece of work, you need further equipment like a projector, HDMI wire, and computer to set up your presentation. Another disadvantage to the PowerPoint program I found was that the program is linear in nature, thus only allowing you to create slides in a bullet-point nature which may hinder complex decision-making or stagger the audience away from fully grasping the complex information you are trying to present. PowerPoint minimizes your information back to the basics, which may sometimes hinder the quality of information being presented.

PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application

Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Caleb J.
Junior Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Yet another amazing app by the MS team. With this software, you can take control of the show. I have been working with this application since 2007 to present and don't think I will move to any other app on the market.

Pros: PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application on the market. It has been a pleasure working with this software on a daily basis while doing New Hire Training at the company I worked. It has the familiar ribbon that all Microsoft Office users have come to love and adore. This piece of software is like a masterpiece with numerous advance feature that you might not completely take advantage of throughout your lifetime. Just to name a few of its' madness: * It has the amazing File menu with loads of configurable options.
* The Insert ribbon houses tons of cool insert options to add pictures, audio and video to your customized slide and slide shows.
* The cool draw option give you the sketch feel to markup on the presentation to draw attention to the viewers.
* Under design you can select from a selection of templates or better yet, create your own which can also be saved to the list.
* Transition give your slides that in or out effect when moving from one slide to another.
* Animation add yet another dimension to the presentation, which allows the presenter command the content on the slide to do something cool and amazing to keep the focus.
* like other apps in the MS suite, PowerPoint also has macros and VBA, allowing you to make things happen on the fly.

Cons: I have no dislikes at the moment for this software.

Presentation Software for Business and School

Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Daniel T.
Growth Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, this software has been incredibly valuable. I have been using it now for almost 20 years. I have always loved the way the software works, the ease of use, variety of customization settings, and its ability to present anything I need. I currently use it to teach lessons in a church and school setting with video, text, and charts/spreadsheets. It has helped me numerous times present content in a simple, fun, and engaging way.

Pros: Microsoft PowerPoint is an essential tool in my business and school toolbox. I use PowerPoint weekly to create mostly text presentations that teach and share ideas. What I like most:
1. Ease of use:
- There are built in templates ready for me to begin designing my slides.
- All the tools I need to create slides are at the top and right hand side easy for me to access.
- A slide pane on the left helps me see where I am in my presentation and select individual slides for editing.
- Presentation is simple, just the click of the spacebar, arrow, mouse, or presenter allows me to advance my slides or go back.
2. Autosave: There are times when I have to leave my desk and my project will auto save.
3. Presentation Mode: I use this mode when I "extend my desktop" for use with a projector (you can access this setting by typing "project" in the search bar on a Windows 10 computer). Presentation mode allows me to see what slide I am currently on, what slide is next, and has a timer to see how long my presentation has been going. It also has features like play, back, forward, etc...
4. Embedding: PowerPoint allows me to embed audio files, video files, spreadsheets, word docs, or pdf into the slides. It is great to be able to incorporate the necessary things I need to present my project or lesson.
5. Transitions and Animations: The transitions and animations feature is helpful because it includes a lot of pre-programmed settings to creatively change between slides or text.

Cons: Here are a few things I dislike about the software:
1. The presentation software only works linearly. What I mean by that is I cannot jump between slides or make a uniquely motioned presentation like Prezi. PowerPoint simply goes from one slide to the next to the next. While PowerPoint more than makes up for this with the animations and transitions offered and its ease of use, I do wish it had some of the unique features of Prezi.
2. I find the animations feature to be a bit difficult. It isn't as intuitive as I would like. What I mean by that is when I do bullet points for a lesson outline I have to select the text I want to animate, then select the animation I want, then select "Move Forward on Click" in order to get the presentation points to go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... instead of the default, which is all at once. I find it a bit cumbersome.
3. One could argue that while customization is a bonus of PowerPoint, it can also be a negative. The software requires a bit of a learning curve.

power point review

Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Muhammad W.
student
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: with its great features and abilities Microsoft power point had made the life easier for whether it is a professor,student or businessman
As in the recent times every one is short of time so you need to be very specific and accurate in your providing your data,so Microsoft power point provide all the features so that one can present a very long topic in very short and organised manner saving his and the audience time
over all Microsoft power point had the ability to suites and meet the needs of every specific audience.
Microsoft power point also had a high value in education and are used by professors and
students to add values to their lectures and notes power

Pros: Microsoft power point is an excellent tool which provide lot of features for animating,designing layouts,editing,quality and stability of presentation.
below are some pros and cons of Microsoft power point
1)Microsoft power point provide anyone with the need to present information creatively and professionally with the ability to develop presentation quickly easily and effectively
2)Microsoft Power point user interference has make it easier to create present and share presentations
3)With the help of diagram tool one can easily convert bullet lists to diagrams making it easier and time saving
4)The slide library of Microsoft power point allows you to reuse content between different presentations
5)By adding animation,charts and diagrams to the presentation one can make a boring document interesting and time saving.
6)By adding digital signature to your presentations you can prevent anyone from changing the content of your document

Cons: Although Microsoft power point is an excellent tool still it lacks some features.
1)The main defect of power point is that you cannot open or run it on a system without having power point installed on it.
2)Microsoft Power point work cannot be publish to social media site like YOU TUBE,face book etc
3)Microsoft power point does not provide the feature of running the picture slide show on all mobile devices

Presenting the PowerPoint.

Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Student
Computer Software, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you've already invested in Microsoft Office Suite for your business, then PowerPoint is an incredible tool for you to use when creating presentations and slideshows. If you intend of getting the Microsoft Office Suite just for PowerPoint (I honestly do not know why you would want to do that), then you're better off using the free, online version of it, or you might want to consider other presentation creation software that could give you more bang for your buck. However, if you want to use it alongside other Microsoft Office applications, then I honestly think that the Microsoft Office Suite is well worth it, given how seamlessly integrated all of the software are.
While I honestly feel PowerPoint is one of the most essential software that you need in your computer, the price just ain't cutting it.

Pros: For starters, Microsoft PowerPoint is fairly easy to use. Microsoft has been tailoring this software since the dawn of the dinosaurs, a.k.a the late 1980's, familiarity with every version of PowerPoint over the years has improved ever since. I'd like to consider it as the industry standard when it comes to presentation creation software.
The UI is intuitive, as it should be, and users could technically produce a really well structured presentation with just a little bit of practice and knowledge about its basic function. There are also advanced functions (animations, embedding videos from YouTube, inserting audios) for the more experienced users.
The variety of templates and also the Master Views (this gives us the Slide Master option) allows users to create really impressive presentations in no time.
Just like other Microsoft Office software, integration with other Microsoft Office software also gives it a lot of flexibility. An example scenario for this would be displaying a chart from
With it's ease of use and variety when it comes to creating a presentation, Microsoft PowerPoint could easily be one of the best presentation creating software in the market.

Cons: One of the biggest con I have to say about Microsoft PowerPoint would be the price. Needing to buy the entire Microsoft Office Suite package just to use it might be a little bit overkill. I know there is a free, online alternative out there, but the lack of features it has really makes it feel rather lackluster compared to the paid version.
While I did praise PowerPoint for having variety. In terms of visuals, PowerPoint might be lacking behind its competition. Other presentation creation software like Prezi, in my opinion, have better transition animations compared to PowerPoint. PowerPoint feels like it's going through cards (that's why it's called slides) when transitioning from one slide to another, it just does not feel seamless compared to the far superior animation quality that Prezi provides. If only PowerPoint gave us the option of having animations like that when creating a presentation. With that being said, the animation that PowerPoint provides to us, users, can often times feel 'low-quality', while they often do capture people's attention, overusing them does make the presentation feel incredibly distracting, while not using them at all makes it really boring.
TLDR: PowerPoint does not give visually impressive animations that other software does, and the animation it does give us can often times feel 'low-quality' if they are used in excess.

Best and easiest presentation software to use

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Christina M.
Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with PPT has been amazing. Have been using it for about 2 years now at my work place whereby being in patient and pharmaceutical data analysis department am required to make numerous presentations of data and reports. PPT has allowed me to present graphics, images and texts at a professional level using appealing slides which helps with making presentations attractive and therefore capturing attention of the audience while presenting crucial data. Also given that i work in a multi department organization where everyone might not be physically present for meetings power point has a feature that allows for presentations to be transmitted as a live broadcast over the web solving the problems of having to assemble in one area.
Given all these amazing features I strongly recommend power point for anyone in academia or business as the graphics and backgrounds will allow you to make dynamic professional presentations.

Pros: Power point has been an invaluable software in making presentations. The feature I find most useful is having pre-designed templates which makes it easy to quickly make professional presentations. I particularly like the animated descriptions infographics sampler as they provide me with a creative and visually attractive way to describe my data. Additionally power point allows for download of additional designs and transitions from Microsoft website providing a wide range of templates.
I also like the fact that to promote user friendliness and ease of applicability PowerPoint has a user guide that outlines how to make slide shows with software tools.

Cons: There are a few features that i like least about power point and would improve it tremendously if improved in subsequent versions. These include lack of photo frame template option which makes it less suitable to make creative photo presentations. Also inability to share slide shows by directly uploading them to you tube or face book limits sharing of presentations on social media and file sizes getting large sometimes makes it difficult to share presentations.

It Can’t Actually be BAD, but...

Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Senior Game Designer, Instructional Designer
Fine Art, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All in all, PowerPoint has been there for me since the start. I consider myself to be a power user, and would have no qualms about recommending it to complete beginner. If it’s already installed, if I don’t have to pay for it, if a client wants me to use it, then fine. I’ll use it. But if it’s up to me, if we’re talking about buying the program instead of just using the program, if I have a tight deadline and can't deal with the ribbon, then, tragically, PowerPoint would not be my first choice anymore.

Pros: It’s powerful software, I’ll give them that. In fact, I have no doubt that Microsoft are the pioneers behind many of the features that make presentation software so ubiquitous today.
Having taught at University for over 15 years, I’ve created hundreds, if not thousands, of PowerPoint presentations in my day.
That said, I’ve also created hundreds of non-PowerPoint presentations using dozens of different apps and software programs in that time as well.
What I appreciate most about PowerPoint is that the procedure is always the same and so is the output file format. I may not like that procedure, and it might be easier for me to get the finished product I want using another app, but there’s something to be said for a reliable and valid process. Other apps and programs often have their own workflow, their own procedure for customizing templates, and often, they will only allow exports in proprietary formats that most of my students or audience members or auditorium computers have never heard of, much less installed. That's a problem.
In sum, the best thing about PowerPoint is its reliability.

Cons: The thing I hate most about PowerPoint, and indeed all of the Office products for the last decade, is the "ribbon" control strip. I can’t stand that format. It’s hard for me to see, and harder for me to make use of. Aka YES, it is, in fact, a deal-breaker in my case.
Another thing I am not too pleased with is the current pricing of this product; I can understand such a high fee back when they were not only the industry standard but the only game in town. Now, however, there are hundreds of wonderful and useful apps that make beautiful presentation slides much more easily— and all for the price of a glorified coffee.
PowerPoint is the price of an espresso machine.
This is not to say that I subscribe to the mentality of, "software should be free," or just "I don’t want to pay for stuff." It’s just that I can’t justify the cost in my own work and life, especially since I feel so strongly about the ribbon thing.

PowerPoint flexibility and customization

Reviewed on 16/12/2018
María josé M.
Asesora turística en Medellín
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a journalist, it is one of my favorite tools because it is useful and easy to handle. Benefits I have had many, among the most outstanding I can say, integration of information, preparation of journalistic products for various
formats and platforms, advertising strategies designs, allows me to play with creativity when it comes to offering in the sales approach, in my case, tour packages. It is a program that adapts to the responsibility that you have at work.

Pros: The tools and resources of PowerPoint make it an easy program to use, I as a user can use predesigned templates and customize them according to what I want to project.
It is very useful for me, since I can present concrete data as statistical elements, images and graphics according to what I am going to report. In my case, journalistic information and tourist packages.
PowerPoint for me is a very important tool for the business sector, especially because I manage the sales and public relations part. Always with the slides I am looking for an attractive way to project data and all that illustrative content that allows me to share relevant information about the products, services or corporate image that is being represented.

Cons: Some details that can be adjusted, very brief elements, the theme of the templates should always be updated, you should have more options, especially business formats. The topic of the size of the formats, currently PowerPoin is a tool for the Community Manager, should adapt it for those demands. For the rest I think that its elements are focused, only that they must constantly update them due to the technological evolution that we have.

Excellent Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Executive Assistant to the President's Office
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: In the past few years, I've had colleagues who have told me to use "Prezi" instead of PowerPoint. Although it's a different presentation tool, I do not think it's quality is better than PowerPoint. I think the user is responsible for creating a presentation, and many users do not know the best practices (not overloading slides, too small text, too many transitions, colors that don't work on projection screens) thus a good or a bad presentation is made by the user, not the software. The advantage prezi seems to have is the ability to save it online and pull it up anywhere. I do not yet have Office 365, which may make this easier. Looking through PowerPoint templates online is a big help, and can assist in creating better presentations.

Pros: I have used PowerPoint for about 10 years and have evolved the types and styles of presentations I create. It's very effective to have a variety (but not too many) template options, but also the flexibility to create your own custom backgrounds, transitions, color schemes, etc. I don't think most people know how much flexibility is with this software. I recently started using the SmartArt options, which are great and easy way to dress up your information in a more visually appealing format. It takes practice to create more complicated animations and get timing correct, but it is worth it for more interesting and visual presentations. I really enjoy the presenter mode, with the timing option and ability to see the next slide. This was a great upgrade. Looking through the tabs, I see there are many other options that I have not used but look forward to exploring.

Cons: I have had some trouble imbedding or linking videos. I had a presentation where the embedded video played, but then ended before the video was finished. I couldn't figure out if this was a maximum time issue. Also, I tried to use the Video > Online Video Option, and found it difficult to find the specific video I wanted to use. Not sure if that has been upgraded since then, as today I tried it again and more easily found it. I struggled to get the videos to playback as part of my presentation. When doing a presentation, sometimes the presentation mode doesn't allow for easy playback of videos either vs. duplicate mode, if you need to click to start the video. Also, sometimes I've had issues in presenter mode if I want to click on a website during the presentation, then getting back to the presentation. Not always sure what the right method is to accomplish that. I think I can work through most of those issues though as I continue to learn the functions/options of PowerPoint.

Best and only presentation software I have used.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With powerpoint, our courses presentations are enjoyable while remote collaboration for slide correction and preview has been enhanced amongst clients and workgroup.
With powerpoint, Slide preparation is always almost a flawless.

Pros: I have been using powerpoint for 8 years to prepare the presentation for meetings and for course facilitators. My best version yet is the 2016 version and I am finding it hard to update to newer ones. It offers diverse editing options for photo text and even pictures, numerous transition effects and I sometimes feel like am underutilizing it. The newer version should be better than 2016 but I am just comfortable with it.
You can insert pages, add and merge audio, video, slides and remove slides as you want. The user has total control over his elements.
They have numerous built-in amazing template to choose from. You can even go online to source for more but I hardly do that as the ones built in are good enough for me
The ability to add chart directly from the menu has made my job easier. they have reorganized Ribbon menu and it now offers larger toolbar while the Quick Access Toolbar just makes it seamless to change between tools.
The makers, Microsoft dishes out reliable support options which are splendid. I once had an issue with the product and I was resolved within 4 minutes via chat.
There is even an option to present your slide online from your room for others to view from their browser remotely… and is a free service too.

Cons: I really would love if I can present my picture slideshow on mobile devices with powerpoint but It does not support it.
Slide presentation cannot be viewed on any system without power point installed and cannot be shared and viewed on social media. It should be made to support at least YouTube.
Powerpoint for the same reason above is not compatible with MPEG or AVI formats players.
Files from this version usually bulk up in size over a few slide pages compared to previous versions.
Lower spec systems are a drag with this version. Get at least a 4 gig ram system to use it smoothly.
Inserted Audio files do not play automatically during presentation unless you click it first which is good and also bad. The user should be deciding how they want it to function.

Best presentation software for windows platforms

Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Nathaniel M.
RN
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This has been a tool used in my life since I was in grade school. The evolution of presentations varied greatly over that time. I have seen integrated media, animated slides, advanced templates allowing for various trivia game style presentations and presentations designed to present themselves. PowerPoint has been a staple tool for communication in the same way that email and telephones have been staples to businesses or other organizations.

I never found any issue with PowerPoint that was not easy to solve with tools built into the program. Any advanced presentation styles could be found online and easily implemented.

Pros: The best aspect of this software is that it is user friendly.
Slideshows come with preset themes with easily alterable color schemes.
Integration of media content with or without internet access.
Best of all, as a leading software in the market, any PowerPoint presentation can be read on Windows and Mac platforms whereas slideshow programs originating on Mac do not always cross over well to Windows.
Use of advanced slides is made simple as they can be downloaded as a new template scheme.
One example of this is using PowerPoint to play Jeopardy style trivia to engage the audience.
This presentation tool is a staple for education in any setting. Medical professionals' training and conferences, business place meetings and marketing, schools or universities, and as updates and newsletters through email. The versatility is remarkable.

Cons: There is a lack of collaborative features in real time. Currently many features of what Google has introduced with Docs and Slides allow people to work on the go in real time. PowerPoint is more sophisticated than any online platform but if it were to integrate even a few of the collaborative features available to other Microsoft products such as OneNote then there would be nothing to complain about.

PowerPoint

Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Bonnie M.
educator
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work in both business and higher education fields in everything from application software set-up, international communications, or budget timelines to educating teachers in the integration of technology into the classroom from Early Childhood Development up through high school and/or Special Education as well as adult Organizational Management and Leadership, and Business Data and Information Management all of which requires presentations and dissemination of information in an effective and manageable way. Using PowerPoint for all of these needs has truly been a successful venture. With the ability to add graphics, hyperlinks, voice over recordings, embedded videos, music, timed and professional transitions and the options to save as editable presentations, or view only automated slide shows and Digital Stories, I have been able to create robust and interactive presentations that I share on a regular basis. Whether it’s a live, in-person presentation, or an emailed or uploaded slideshow or digital story, I can trust that PowerPoint will help me share and educator others.

Pros: In today's technologically infused world I engage daily in both business and higher education fields (both public and private), and I find time after time that PowerPoint (PPT) is my go-to presentation software program! I think its versatility and ease of use (without any formal training) has to be my favorite thing about PPT. I can provide an editable version of a PPT presentation to my students (or staff), or I can provide them with an automated slide show/video that they can simply watch to receive the desired information.

Cons: I think if I had to ask for any improvements it would be that the program would automatically prompt the user upon saving the file, if he/she would like to “compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of the file.” I have many students who have complained that they cannot upload their presentations or that it takes was too long for their files to upload into our online classes. This often can be due to the size of their files which can be quite large because of their inserted pictures/graphics. I know to always compress my graphics before saving the file, but even when instructed to do this students will often forget when under the pressure of submitting a graded or important presentation/slide show. I have experienced this with staff and other faculty/colleagues as well. Offering a simple prompt upon saving the file that asks the user “Would like to compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of your file?” with the same ‘Target output’ options that are available on the Compress Pictures tool, would save effort, size, and time!

PowerPoint presentation program, dynamic, practical with multi-tools.

Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Maryorie H.
Docente
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Power Point has allowed me to make presentations with slides, where I develop the content of the classes to transmit them to my students in a dynamic, interactive and with the largest number of applications that makes the transmission of knowledge more practical and easy, and even makes Students are more attracted to the content developed. As a researcher it is a tool used to develop presentations of research results for presentations at academic events. Both as a teacher and researcher this tool has allowed me to develop my presentations according to the target audience, with the use of many applications (texts, photos, images, sounds, videos, tables, graphics, among others), it has allowed me to connect my presentations with other files that interests me at particular times show. It really is a practical tool, and very important for the development of my functions.

Pros: Within the tools offered by Microsoft Office, PowerPoint is an excellent program for presentation with dynamic and attractive slides, which has many types of templates that can be modified and apply designs according to the need to have when mounting a presentation, designs among which you can choose the predesigned ones in the same program or adapt different ones. For the design of the templates you can add texts with different types of letters, sizes and colors, you can also add images, photos, tables, graphics, videos, audios, among others according to the taste, need and user criteria. It also gives us tools to show the presentation as animations, sounds, effects that help to improve the aesthetics of the presentation. Another important aspect is that it allows you to add hyperlinks to connect with other files that may be considered important in some part of the exhibition at the time of showing the presentation. It is easy to save in PC memory and can be reopened and modified if required without any problem, additional can be saved in different formats. It has the option of allowing you to review the slides as they are made, to be corrected in the same process, additional has the view of moderates on the side of the screen. It also allows to add time for the practices prior to the formal presentation, and even to establish and meet the stipulated time for the presentation. It is a very practical program and can be used to present research results, as a help tool in class

Cons: Power Point is a tool of daily use in my work as a teacher - researcher and I have never had problems with the use and application of it in the day to day of my duties, I have no objection to the program, rather it seems a tool very valuable in the educational - business environment.

It's the presentation standard, if you know how to use it properly

Reviewed on 15/09/2018
Flight attendant training program auditor and development manual auditor
Airlines/Aviation, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Since the late 90s. It has continuously been improved, yet it's been the bane of all tortuous training programs. You'll call it death by PowerPoint for good reason. Often is because the user doesn't how to design good training programs. Some of the options that they do provide are over-the-top and unnecessary, especially the sound effects when the slides transition or start. Those things can just go away! Overall though, it's been very helpful and useful with other programs that integrate with PowerPoint, particularly for creating online training courses. For that I have to say I do like PowerPoint a lot. I don't even know of any other options besides PowerPoint. Yes, I know of Google Docs, but it's not the same. Close, but not the same.

Pros: Overall it is easy to use and there are a lot of excellent features for animating the presentation, designing layouts, editing of photos, with lots and lots of options.

Cons: The software is good, and they do offer a lot, but many of the features are unknown. Maybe I need to do more reading, but it seems like some features are buried to for deep or in not intuitive locations. Yes, not everything be so easy, because if it's too easy, that means it's only meant for beginners. PowerPoint can be used by beginners and experts. One thing I don't care for, but I suppose it's a necessary evil, is every so often as we've seen, they modify the ribbon. When that gets modified, then it's look for the features all over again. One feature I wish was in it is the ability to make the text in the Notes pane different sizes and fonts. I don't necessarily need all kinds of wild fonts, but at least allow me to use either sorry for Sans Serif and give a few options. Additionally, I don't like that the size is fixed. Sometimes I want to have a bigger font I can't do it, or at least I don't know how to do it. Maybe there is a way, I just have figured it out yet.

The Premium Presentation Program

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Casey J.
Legal Assistant
Construction, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, my lifetime experience with PowerPoint has been great. I have created dozens of PowerPoints and seen thousands. PowerPoint has, more than any other program, improved the way information is disseminated in group settings. Informative business meetings can now be even more so with the help of a slideshow presentation. Class lectures now allow for more retention by placing important points in front of the audience. The digital nature of PowerPoints allows for data to be saved and pulled up later. As well, changes can be made on the fly to adapt a PowerPoint to a specific audience or account for new, ever-changing information.

Pros: Microsoft PowerPoint is the premier application for creating, editing, and reviewing presentation slides. While PowerPoint does come at a price, as opposed to other, free slideshow editing software, the features that are provided justify every cent of the price. Features include basically ever edit/insert imaginable and are intuitive to find. If you have to make a slideshow for any purpose and can afford it, there is no reason to deny yourself this program. Ultimately, there is a reason slideshow presentations are now colloquially referred to as PowerPoints!

Cons: Frankly, price is one of the largest issues I have with this product. Given that this is one of the most common, standard-setting applications on the market, it is disappointing to see that there are not many options available when it comes time to purchase. Namely, PowerPoint is not available separately and can only be purchased as part of the Microsoft Office Suite. This program suite includes several other programs, some used frequently while others are not used by me at all, and can only be purchased either annually, or permanently on one device. As a Geek Squad agent, I have helped several individuals set up their PowerPoint software and have found in several situations the setup can be quite a hassle. Specifically, I would input their key code into the program and it would not authenticate their account. This was easily remedied by refunding their product and using a new key, but if someone is setting their account up without support one may run into trouble.

As a Community Manager, Power Point has become in my best friend, it's very useful for me

Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Mariana H.
Social Media Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Thanks to Power Point I can give an idea to the graphic designer about how I want my design to look, in this way the contents are delivered with greater speed to the clients. In addition, I have learned certain notions of graphic design that have helped me to grow in my profession of Community Management, allowing me to offer a more complete service.

Pros: Power Point is very easy to use, it allows me to create presentations with a good visual appeal thanks to its miles of functions to compose image of professional quallity. I can build a contet grid for the Social Media accounts I manage, and in that way I can show my work to my clients in a dynamic way. They really love my job because of that. Nevertheless, what I like the most about Power Point is that I can turn my presentations to PDF, so I can save that content on my Smartphone and schedule all post in an easier way. Power Point its very easy to learn how to use it, you don't really need a guide or something like that. Also, if you are a begginer or you don't have any ideas to start your presentation, this program gives you several template options to choose and make a sucessful job. But wait a minute, I don't only use Power Point for my Social Media content, I used it to create business documents, so that way is easier for the company's graphic designer to build the design for the final presentation. As well, Power Point is very useful for my academic issues, I ussually create the material support for my oral evaluations, and it really helps to keep the attention of my classmates and it makes funny and dynamic a complex subject.

Cons: I don't know if this is because of my computer, but sometimes the program gets frozen, just for a few minutes, but the frequency of that problem I can count it with the fingers of one hand, so it's not a big deal. I think I don't have something I like least about this software. I really love all Microsoft products.

This program has been an essential tool in my professional development, I use it since 1996.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018
César M.
Petroleum Geologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has allowed me to show professional presentations in a short time and thus meet the requirements of the oil business.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, it is adaptable to any business and engineering activity, showing graphics, images and text in presentations at a professional level. I have always had the impression that was designed thinking about the oil industry, most of the daily reports and meetings in the oil business use the PowerPoint format, in these are shown specialized schemes and graphics among others.
The connectivity feature and direct compatibility with other Microsoft tools such as Exel and Word are very useful and save time in the daily activities and requirements of the oil business.
In my place of work daily they request presentations and reports, using PowerPoint we can solve in time.
I use this program since my beginnings in the oil industry, back in 1996, it was the PowerPoint95 version, since that time it has been an essential tool in my professional development.

Cons: What I like least about this software are some graphic limitations in terms of bitmap image resolution and the high use of RAM memory that require the best graphic resolution vector images. Although these features have been improving over time, I would like in the future to be able to compare PowerPoint with a Canvas type tool in terms of the graphic quality of objects and images.
Another feature that can be improved is the incompatibility of files generated in more recent versions of the program with older versions.

Awesome application with endless features!

Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Brittney C.
Marketing Assistant
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have been using PowerPoint for years for my own presentations and to edit presentations for c-level executives at conferences. I've learned that PowerPoint can do a lot more than I thought. One of its capabilities I love the most is that I can insert vector files from Adobe Illustrator onto a PowerPoint slide and the formatting doesn't change. This is great when someone from sales needs an infographic I previously designed added to their presentation. And when I'm building something from scratch within PowerPoint, there are a lot of design features that allow me to build graphics just as vibrant as those built with an Adobe application. The shapes and icons that are already installed look great, I can format their dimensions to make everything look uniform, the animations are easy to apply to each image or shape, and it's honestly even easier to use than Illustrator. PowerPoint is way more than just text on slides. You can easily create a visually dynamic presentation if you take a closer look at its design features. I love all of them.

Cons: The hardest part about using PowerPoint is when you're trying to create slide templates using the Slide Master feature. The logos, fonts, colors, headers or whatever you use on the template will stay put on the slide unless you go back into Slide Master mode to made edits to the template. But there were times when the person I shared a template with wanted to make a change or remove something from the template to make an especially large graphic fit on a slide. This created extra work for me because PowerPoint's Slide Master mode is a bit difficult to understand and I end up having to go back and help people make changes, which defeats the purpose of having a template. I wish it were easier to use for beginners.