• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Syxsense

Stay one step ahead of any threat with advanced and proactive endpoint security that predicts, detects, and neutralizes vulnerabilities

Learn more about Syxsense

Narasimha B.
System ENgineer
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Syxsense Feedback"

Comments: I dont have to worry if my systems are patched because I can run them on a schedule with Syxsense

Pros: The ease of running patches, pushing software to remote computers and the remote feature in Syxsense are the key factors that I liked about the product

Cons: The UI was really bad couple years ago when we got the software but it has developed a lot over the time.

Dan O.
Systems Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

"Time saver!"

Comments: It has been a real lifesaver especially since everyone has been working remotely since covid, being able to keep all of client machines up to date has been easy and caused us one less headaches to worry about.

Pros: Ease of use, We found the interface so easy to navigate and was very intuitive. We were creating patching policies in minutes. Being able to push out software has been great also especially while everyone was working from home.

Cons: Think the interface for managing multiple tasks could be improved would love to be able to quickly edit schedules from 1 screen rather than having to go into each task. Also would the start time and end time that are displayed after task is run never appears to be correct. At the moment it appears that you push the patches/scans from the console with the tasks.. I would much rather that the client pulled and pushed these back.. too often a machine might miss the task we run , would be great if when that machine came back online it would auto report back to the console with its patch status. Wouldn't mind some more comms when new patches are released like Microsoft send out.
Reporting could be better.

Nichollas A.
IT Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Syxsense helped me learn"

Comments: Being a young professional, I learned with Syxsense how much important a patch update is and how they affect the workstations, most of time helping dealing with issues with previous patches. Moreover, it makes the environment much easier to take care of having so many useful functionalities that help us in a Daily basis.

Pros: The software have a broad range of functionalities that help an IT environment that goes from letting you check a PC information through inventory to updating patches, creating specific tasks like installing a software and having security options to help maintain your environment as safe as possible.

Cons: The pop up window whenever I am creating a task looks weird for having to side scroll to view some information.

Jim K.
Information Technology Desktop Analyst
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: cuts down on the time it takes to resolve problems

Pros: The support you get from Syxsense is unmatched.

Cons: due to it being in the cloud, it tends to sometimes be a bit slow going from task to task and updating properly on screen.

Christian D.
IT Operations
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2017

"Excellent all round"

Comments: From my vendor research, Verismic was the only product that fitted all of our requirements to patch our operating systems as well as 3rd party software all from a solution we don't have to host or look after. I can now remotely deploy patches to my users working from home in Australia, from my desk in the UK - can't get any better than that!

Pros: The product is exactly what we were looking for from a patch management solution. It is flexible, salable and cost effective as well as easy to manage and maintain. When you do come across an issue or have any questions the support and account management teams can't be any more helpful - Generally I see replies to my support cases in a matter of minutes and have never had any issues that are left unresolved. I have monthly calls with our account manager who is always well informed of anything you have raised with them. Full training was provided and the team are willing to complete further training for our growing team.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2017
Talanda W.
Desktop/IT Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"Great cloud solution for inventory management/updating"

Comments: CMS has been great. The customer support is top notch, for helping with any features that might not be as intuitive as expected. It's been an awesome solution for managing our computer inventory, as we are mostly a remote company. The reporting is comprehensive and the queries and inventory scans, as well as patches, are extremely helpful. The only thing it's missing is Mac support which I believe is on schedule to be completed this year.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Sean C.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2017

"Excellent Patch Management Software"

Comments: After looking into multiple solutions to manage our patching across the organization we decided on CMS for its ease of use, quick setup, and cloud based offering. We had everything up and running within a few hours and were able to catch up on a multitude of patches within the first week. Using the software allowed us to meet our strict compliance goals and provide reports showing where these goals had been met. Outside of patching we have began using the remote control feature and the software deployment feature of the platform which has been a life saver for our remote users. Overall, the software has paid for itself in a few months and confirmed we made the right choice for our needs. I would also like to mention that the sales and support group have been fantastic. The sales team worked with me on cost to meet our desired budget and support has been nothing short of great. Any questions or concerns I had were answered and the one issue we ran into was taken care of same day. Overall a great experience start to finish.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2017
Jay C.
Director of IT
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017

"Proof of Concept went very well, the product provides exactly what we were looking for."

Comments: Solved our 3rd part patching and software distribution need.

Pros: Being cloud based the advantages are numerous. Some of the most notable Pros are the simplicity of the management console and functions and the fact that we don't have to manage it is that we are a SMB with limited tech staff.

Cons: Haven't found any to speak of yet. The only area that I thing could be made simpler to use is the software package builder.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2017
William F.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2016

"Great for the small shop IT department"

Comments: Maintaining all systems and infrastructure can be a challenge for any IT department. Leaving everything to one person, that becomes almost impossible. With sales agents on the road more than in the office we needed a product that would allow use to update, as well as manage software from a distance. Cloud Management Suite has brought all this together for us, at a fraction of the cost a managed service provider would charge. For those IT professionals who want to take the headache out of patch and software management, so that you can focus on what really matters than this is the software for you!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2016
Bertie P.
11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Could never get things right"

Pros: When it worked properly, it was amazing. The UI made it very easy to deploy patching campaigns and I loved the dashboards showing patch compliance.

Cons: Scheduled tasks failed often. Tried a combination of using the vRep and going agentless. Long story short, could only ever complete about 10% of all patch jobs. The site was always unbearably slow as well. We're based in Alaska so perhaps the sluggish site was just our connection back to the Verismic servers.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Mike N.
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2016

"Really useful tool for distributed environments"

Comments: Really glad we found this solution for my company, which has offices all over the world. The tool is efficient, easy-to-use, and set-up was smooth. Verismic's team also had awesome customer service and consistently answered my questions along the way. My fav part of the patch management tool is the device health feature, which shows where the unpatched systems are and what patches those systems need. I would recommend this to any IT manager that wants an easy to use cloud-based tool.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2016
Jeremy T.

"Great software"

Comments: We chose Patch Manager because it was a cloud based system and we have many users who travel. We can verify all patches have run without the user ever having to login with VPN. Great software. The support have been perfect, they have helped us with any issues (mainly on our side) that have come up.

Wilfredo L.
IT Assistant
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Mid size company using Patch Manager to manage Desktop/Laptop updating policy"

Comments: Outlook windows updates were causing issues and since wsus packages these we could not manage the updates with out a tool, since CMS we are not able to verify the update before deploying.

Pros: The ease of use, we have spent less time managing the program and less time assisting with issues since the deployment of CMS/ Patch Manager.

Cons: Not sure yet seems to work fine on all aspects and functions

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019
Derek E.
Sr. IT Support Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"My review on SyxSense"

Comments: My overall experience is great. This has become my go to application and is used daily for me. I enjoy the ability to connect to a users machine without approving the connection. This is very handy when troubleshooting with non technical people. Last, I also enjoy that the connection last even when the computer is not signed in. This has been very handy as I can restart a machine, connect to it, and log back in to complete the troubleshooting steps I am doing.

Pros: I love the software overall. There are a few things in particular I use the software for: Remote access, Viewing a computer's inventory (Installed applications, computer information, logged in user, disk space, and patches). I love the ease of connecting to a users machine. I love the ease in packaging the software.

Cons: There are a few glitches that need improving with the software. First, the remote access option works well. But, switching between the monitors is not so great. I have found that our users working on a wifi connection do not allow us to swap between monitors. If the user is on a wired connection, it appears to work fine. When we first began using the software, swapping worked great. Then, after the last update, it stopped. Also, I noticed that there was a box added to the recipents computer that shows when we connect and offers a disconnect option in the center of the screen. Users have been disconnecting the session as that was the first time they saw that box and they panicked. I am not sure if this should be removed, but relocating it when the connection is established would be great. It should not pop up in the center of the screen and disturb their work. I liked the version before that came in the taskbar and had to be clicked to open the disconnection box. Also, it did not pop up in the middle of the screen in interrupt their work. If this could be moved, it would be great.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Jameson O.
IT Support Specialist
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Syxsense Cloud-Based Endpoint System"

Comments: The customer support has been great and so has the training.

Pros: The automated tasks you can create for scanning, patching and deploying is amazing.

Cons: The only thing I'd love in an update would be the ability to remotely deploy multiple software's to one or many computers.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Shannon R.
IT Support
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Pleasure to deal with"

Comments: Its a great tool that I use daily and wouldnt be able to do my job without it!

Pros: I LOVE this software. In our organisation it is used as an assets DB, Remote control tool and its our patching tool too. As we have offices all over the country its not convenient to go down to the offices every times there is an issue nor is it cost effective for the business, so using CMS is great as we can connect the PCs/ Laptops in seconds to resolve issues and manage machines. The support staff are excellent at resolving any problems quickly and do a thorough job to make sure everything is resolved before closing down the ticket. The training staff are great too! No question is too silly and they are always happy to help with what ever issues / queries we had - IE setting up software deployments and using patch manager.
I would highly recommend CMS for small and large business. Other Verismic products are just as high quality as this one.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Ètienne R.
Legal Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Syxsense patch management is instrumental in making telework happen"

Comments: A couple of years ago, our organization saw a need to move its patch management technology, which was on-prem, to a cloud solution. As we started to transition to a mobile workforce, we quickly realized that we needed to have the same visibility into the laptops as we had into our desktops and servers. We vetted several companies. None offered the capability and simplicity of the Syxsense.

Pros: Syxsense is much more than a patch management solution. Syxsense gives us the ability to deploy software and provide remote assistance to our employees no matter where they are in the world.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with more and more of our employees being required to work from home, Syxsense has been instrumental in making telework happen for our organization.

Cons: Having a cloud solution is a huge benefit over what we were using, which was on-prem. There's nothing I like least.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Anthony D.
Director of IT
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Easy to use, Very efficient, Wonderful product!"

Pros: The ease at which the dashboard allows you to monitor and audit endpoints. I also like the built in reporting features.

Cons: The website is sometimes slow to load especially if a task is already running. Other than that, i very much enjoyed the product!

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
John B.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"one company who gets their clients and adopt a can adjust thinking"

Comments: We proved cyber security solutions for the investment community. One key point in security is maintaining updates and reporting the changes. We have found a good partner with Cloud Management Suite. Having the ability to have reports monthly on all our client's machines has given us and our clients the compliance we need. At first, some of these special reports were not available in their offering. After speaking to the company and exampling how documenting what was done is key for compliance. The company created our reports within the same week we spoke. It is a pleasure to work with a company who listens and then act on the items.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Samuel R.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2016

"Excellent product, makes OS and Application patching as easy as it gets"

Comments: I have a background with SCCM 2012, Seccunia, Desktop Central, and a few other endpoint management systems... and I will hand it to these guys at CMS... they have made a product that is very intuitive and very easy to get up and running.
Their customer service was also excellent. They were very quick to respond, always available to help, and good people all around. I would recommend them to any small business with limited IT resources who want a simple platform to get up and running quick with no on-prem server to maintain and no week long training classes required to administer.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2016
Jeremy T.

"Great software"

Paul B.
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Additional features and reduced costs."

Comments: My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros: It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me. The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely. Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons: Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Won P.
It administrator
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Syxsense makes sense if you are a small company who needs almost one stop management"

Pros: The ability to do almost everything one would need in IT administration.

Cons: Bugs with remote connectivity and control, website issues with site rendering. Lack of ability to transfer more than one file at a time from a target system

Michael P.
IT Technician
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great for SMB Remote/Mobile Companies"

Comments: Our deployment team at Syxsense went smoothly with the team giving us the best practices and setting our environment up.

Pros: It allows for our IT team to easily scan and patch Windows(desktop and server) and MacOS with OS and 3rd party updates. No need to manually upload updates, the full update catalog is done by Syxsense. We have a fully automated system scanning and patching schedule with different groups receiving patches at different calendar days. There are also tools included such as ability to view event logs on a machine, view the serial number of a device, and a big one, upload and remotely deploy software that our org didn't have before. A fair amount of our team of about 150 people are traveling or working remote which made a solution like Microsoft's SCCM or WSUS not practical. In addition, we don't have to have a separate management solution for Apple devices. We have the Syxsense agent on cloud hosted servers in Azure and AWS also. Lastly it is very easy to setup patching groups and windows as well as manually scan and patch if needed.

Cons: The remote screen desktop connection tool could be a little more polished.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Ajet I.
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Good system for patching servers"

Comments: we are using them for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. Are able to patch 1000+ remote servers.

Pros: Its easy to setup, cloud based so you don't have to setup and configure any on-prem infrastructure, can patch servers without being connected locally to them i.e over vpn or on same subnet

Cons: Not much, it works really well, sometime when they have new features they might break some tasks and support is not fast in fixing them but that does not happen very ofthen