MindMeister - Easy to use, powerful and flexible Mind Mapping software

Colin M.
Consultant
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you use Mind Mapping (and you should), Mindmeister is a great tool. Users are productive from day one; additional features to embellish maps can be used after the mapping exercise to create a passable presentation. As it is a SaaS product, easy to have several people contributing to a map. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very easy to use - the tool doesn't get in the way of the process; critical for mind mapping
Reorganise and rearrange maps easily - even create submaps with links back to parent
Good integrations - e.g. Microsoft Teams
Can publish maps to public library, embed on website or share as editable or view only

Cons: Few complaints; resizing images could be easier (tough to grab the corner!); the interface could be prettier, but I'd sooner have functionality than pretty.
Printing large maps on a single sheet or PDF is trickier than it needs to be.
Sharing process could be simpler.

Good software for diagrams and presentations

Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Akina M.
Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The first thing that attracts in this program is the speed of the interface. Well thought out the design side: the final projects are stylish and concise. The application allows you to work with different formats, so it's quite universal.

Cons: Some features of the program are available exclusively in the paid version, which greatly limits the work. Because there is no possibility of selection and copying, it is impossible to make quick changes.

Probably The Best Online Mind Mapping Software For The Price

Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Jorden B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used MindMeister for both person and business. I was able to layout various course or programs for clients. I used to layout business processes. There are so many things you could use this for. I have over 100 different mindmaps! It's also great for just braindumping ideas or brainstoming with other people using the collaborate feature.

Pros: Mindmeister is very easy and intuitive to use. You have the ability to use various types of mapping layout including free form. I love that I can create presentaions and even export my mind maps into various forms

Cons: I don't really have anything negative to say. Using the desktop is much easier than the mobile version but it still works well.

Simply and nothing superfluous

Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Maria D.
Senior Support Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Endless tree and flexibility, ease of construction, links to other diagrams, the ability to include in the diagrams video, sound, graphics. Rich features on the free account. Integration with MeisterTask. You can set a language other than English.

Cons: For the time of using the application (about a year), there have not been any shortcomings yet. Everything works perfectly.

Great tool for new Ideas road mapping

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Ron elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Outstanding.

Pros: Collaboration is an essential part of our Organization and to make sure our Ideas is properly well mapped, Mindmeister is there to help us. Gone are the ugly drawings on the whiteboard that draws unfocused and divided attention of people, now is the time where beautiful and easy mind mapping tool that draws inspiration and sparks collaborative work towards accomplishing the Organization’s goal. Design is always on-point and it communicates clearly what needs to be done strategically.

Cons: Of course, not all tool is perfect, it has all its own cons but as far as I can tell from my experience, I’m a satisfied user of this tool.

Beautiful but severe issues

Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Matthias B.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I had to leave this software behind with my whole company after putting many hours in implementation because of 2 major bugs that were not even recognized or understood by the support team. One was a severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content, the other a problem with their handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps. Very sad, since it is otherwise beautiful and has promising features - but for pro users who need stuff to really work it can be a huge waste of time. Disappointing the total lack of comprehension by the support staff.

Pros: Beautiful Design
amazing search
linking to points in different maps possible (the only one I know who can do that)

Cons: Huge banner to sign up on (paid) public maps that occupies too much space
Sorting and organizing maps quite confusing
severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content
handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps
impossible to set privacy for several maps (or a folder) at once

Very useful software for brainstorming and organizing ideas.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Pedro yago A.
Psychologist
Human Resources, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very easy to use and create tons of projects from scratch. You can brainstorm multiple topics in a single page and then connect them in a more logic way by demand.

Cons: Even though you can share a project with multiple people, you can't edit the same project at the same time, or the software only recorganize one of the editings.

The perfect tool for creating strategies and mind maps!

Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Junior Facebook Media Buyer
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I just love MindMeister and recommend it to everyone.

Pros: MindMeister is by far one of my favorite work tools! I've started using about 3 or 4 years ago when I was studying movie production. I could break down ideas, concepts and steps of an action plan to fulfill projects.
MindMeister helps me organize ideas, design projects and concepts. I also use it to design marketing campaign strategies that include​ multiple groups and different actions.

Cons: I would like the free version to allow the user to manage more than 3 maps. Although​ it's worth the money, it's still expensive for a freelance professional.

Useful software for visualizing thoughts

Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Amerigo T.
Junior programmer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We have been using MindMeister for a long time in the company. Impressions are only positive. Personally, I like a simple and competently organized interface, it's very convenient to work. There are all the necessary tools. It supports cloud storage, the program has mobile applications for different operating systems.

Cons: You need to get used to using the program. I would like to somehow change the design to immediately cling to the user.

Brainstorming Portal

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Sarah bernardina B.
Information Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I could easily plot all the things in my head and arrange it later. This program makes it easy for me.

Pros: What I like about this program is it is very easy to use. It could give me the best way to map the ideas on my mind and replicate it into a web-like flow of how the ideas goes in my mind. I could just let them show it all then easily move each item to where it should be connected. It is easier for me to just list all of it first then arrange and think if it is already good. I could come back anytime when things are changed.

Cons: The limited count of mind maps for the free version. I hope this could have unlimited mind maps on free version. Only that actually because the other features on the paid versions are good for requiring to pay. I think they could help more people to use their program especially like I when I only need to mind map everything and I don't need the other features of the paid version.

great tool

Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Jennifer T.
Small Business Owner
Consumer Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It easily helps me to lay out what needs to happen next in my phases of growth. Goal setting and steps on how to achieve my hopes in a clear visual way.

Pros: The use of getting all of your thoughts out on the map and then organizing it all into a well-thought-out plan of action.

Cons: Every mind map I've ever used has its own quirks and it takes a little time to figure out how to use the information and the tools.

Presentations Software

Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Tamara S.
Sr. QA Investigations Assistant
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love using this software to create presentations. It truly is a mind meister. It maps out everything in my mind into an efficient and sleek designed power point. It is endless in its options and very flexible to use.

Cons: I haven't seen anything that I don't like about the software. Very easy to use.

This mind mapping tool is not only great for mapping out ideas but also to document processes.

Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Logistics System Specialist
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Project planning and task assigning and tracking

Pros: Ease of use and flexibility to design whatever it is you require and it is also perfect to convert ideas into actions.

Cons: layout is one directional it would be great to change the layout to free flowing for ultimate layout

The best app for creating beautiful mind maps

Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Head of IT and Online Marketing
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With MindMeister app installed on my Android, I have an effective way to collect and save ideas.

Pros: I think Mindmeister is a must have tool in modern business world. I like Mindmeister because it is a universal tool for different tasks, including project planning, book summaries, and presentations. Mindmeister is also an essential part of every brainstorm of our team.

Cons: Both web version and Android app are good. There is nothing I dislike

needed a way to brainstorming with 2 other collegues, with this tool was a breeze and very simple.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Francisco M.
methodology manager
Customer Support

Pros: very intuitive user interface. ease of use. clean design . templates make very simple to create the right map

Cons: i've not found yet something that I not like. maybe lack of possibility to use different character styles on the same bubble.

A Nice Mind Map tool

Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Dr.angela K.
E-Learning, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like this solution for mapping better than others that I have tried. Not quite perfect yet.

Pros: I really like that this tool is connected to the Meistertask app. I can map out thoughts and then transfer them to tasks to get things done.

Cons: Needs to have more options as to how you can organizing and share the info on the maps such as linking Onenote to the map etc.

by MeisterLabs on 08/04/2019

We're very happy to hear you enjoy using MindMeister and that you're also making use of the integration with MeisterTask. Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We'll take your feedback regarding organization and sharing information in consideration!

Helps us pull knowledge together

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Robyn B.
PM
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love working in a space that feels free-form and is not super structured. It lends itself to a more natural way of interacting with information. Mindmeister provides this in an intuitive software. Excellent for visualizing all sorts of concepts and creating ad hoc dashboards since you can link to other tools from here. The free templates provided offer a host of possible use cases.

Cons: No real criticisms here. It delivers on its promise and with this tool you are really only limited by your imagination.

Excellent tool for mind maps

Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Carlos eduardo D.
Co-Founder
Customer Support

Pros: It's the best tool I've ever used to create mind maps, because it's all stored in the cloud. It enables us to customize the style of our mind map, so you can organize it the way you want.

Cons: I'd like to have the ability to export mind maps to more formats in the free plan, but really can't complain since we're still able to do the most important tasks.

Basic mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The great thing about the software is that it is cloud based so you can access it from any device and any computer. The price is also very low and this provides a fairly decent entry into the world of mind mapping software. If you need a mind mapping tool that is easy to access from different devices with sharing capabilities this is a great option.

Cons: This products strong point is also it's weakness - cloud only mind mapping does not compete well against more mature App Based products like Mind Manager and XMind. The product also started with a free edition and recently they changed the terms of the free edition and I cannot access my previous maps - the software is now constantly trying to force me to upgrade before gaining access to my old maps. I understand that they have to make money - but still.

Puts my “on paper” style into computer form

Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Practitioner . Teacher . Author . Mentor
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use a lot of mind mapping in my business because it helps me to wrap my head around new concepts or issues I’m trying to work through. I was pleased to see this could transfer to computer format. I found it fairly easy to use. I’m not very tech savvy so this is a big bonus for me. I think I’ll continue to use this for conceptualization.

Cons: Sometimes I still like to put pen to paper as a preference but this isn’t the software’s fault :)

Best Mind Maps + Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 15/07/2015
Jan D.
Customer Support

Comments: I tried many mind mapping software, but this one is the best software for creating mind maps. Easy to use, mobile support, integrated with task management (MeisterTask), basically everything. I also had to contact a customer service and they responded promptly and also fix the problem I had immediately.

Documenting your thoughts...

Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Andrew C.
Operations Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Superb mind mapping software. Able to document your thoughts and easily share with others for immediate comment. All cloud based so you can add at any time. We use for project management too.

Cons: Nothing not to like as functionality is great and easy to use.

Simple mind-mapping!

Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Dee O.
Technical SEO Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ability to create visually appealing mindmaps quickly.

Cons: The free plan is limited.
Can only be accessed online.

Good mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The UI is good. Gives you a good feeling after using it. The software is user friendly too.

Cons: Not much really just that the free version didn't give me the opportunity to use it fully

Great for reminders and study guides!

Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Library Paraprofessional
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love that there are so many different features and layouts to choose from!

Cons: It does take a little bit to become familiar with the different options and layout.