About Hub Planner

A modern resource management, planning & visual scheduling software with timesheets and powerful reports to plan your resources.

Learn more about Hub Planner

Pros:

Cons:

Poor visibility in planning section (not able to see full title of a scheduled issue).

Hub Planner ratings

4.1
4.2
4.0
4.1

7.6/10

Hub Planner has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 100 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hub Planner before?

Team Lead Digital in Germany
Design, 51-200 Employees

Ressource Management and holiday

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Holiday and resource planning + overviewing with just one click

Cons:

the initial startscreen shows up complete company and you need to choose your team to show only...

last year

Thanks for posting your review of Hub Planner. Super glad the planning and viewing is working out well for you. Just to note, you can custom set your start up screen in your profile settings. Go to Settings -> My Profile -> My Preferences and select which option you would like to open Hub Planner. Thanks again for your review. Best, Team Hub Planner

Building Services Engineer in Malta
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Structure to our time management and leave requests

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, the experience has been a good one. I can't complain, honestly.

Pros:

Before this software, my company used to use an excel sheet which had to be filled in at the end of the week every week. It was very tedious and I used to forget to do it quite often. We also didn't have a formal way of requesting vacation leave and checking exactly our leave balances. We now use Hub Planner to do both of these things. Additionally, our head of department assigns tasks and there are hours allocated for each task which really helps with resourcing and balancing the workload.

Cons:

A real-time tracker would be nice. Something like a button that you click on when you start on a specific task and then click again to stop it. I would also like to have it as an app on my phone. I am not sure whether it exists already and it's something the company has not informed us about. Correcting mistakes is always difficult as well. I have to contact the administrator every time I input data in a wrong field.

2 years ago

Awesome, thanks so much for the super positive review! I'm glad the process of migrating from spreadsheets to software was a positive experience and the overall capacity planning has improved for your team. The good news is that a new version of Timesheets is on the way ! Do keep an eye out on the blog for new feature releases and updates. https://hubplanner.com/blog/ Best, Team Hub Planner

Software Engineer in Argentina
Program Development, 51-200 Employees

Good product for managers

3 last month New

Pros:

Is really easy to use from minute zero, and you can easily master

Cons:

The pricing is not so good, but it woth the money

Stephen B.
Change Management Consultant in Australia
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

An easy, affordable, well featured solution for time-sheeting and resource management.

5 2 years ago

Comments: We went from having one staff member dedicated full-time to resource management to having them freed up for thirty hours of the week. We suddenly had almost another head-count to help with project co-ordination, rather than just keeping the wheels turning. And timesheet compliance went up too, because it was so easy to use!

Pros:

It's affordable, extensible, good to look at, and easy to use.

Cons:

There aren't really any detractors to this one. Perhaps it's not a high-powered analysis tool, but the dashboards it does supply are quite thorough out of the box, and more than likely to meet all the needs of the vast majority of companies.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Hub Planner: We had been using an in-house developed custom tool, and it was erratic, unreliable, hard to use, and didn't have any features that could help us in analysing our hours easily: we had to export everything to Excel, and do most things manually.

Reasons for Switching to Hub Planner: We looked into building out a simple, but more robust, SharePoint List based system ourselves. We could have had our own features, custom developed for us. Then we looked at how many hours even the simple version of that would take, and at the Hub Planner licencing costs, and realised that we could get 10x the functionality, and it would take us more than a year to hit the same costs. And Hub Planner looked better, and would be easier for our staff to use. It was a no-brainer. We purchased our licenses a week later.

Ellie M.
National Management Trainee in UK
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Useful and effective software

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, HubPlanner helps our management team in our Change department to view how much work resources anticipate they will do and how much they have actually done. We can see any gaps in time and so allocate a person more work or a new project. While most people are working from home, HubPlanner really helps keep track of what everyone is doing when you can't actually see them doing it.

Pros:

There are a wide range of features and it is very customisable to suit our needs.

Cons:

There are some limitations as it is not 100% customisable, but these are mainly small things, for example our working hours divide to be 7.25 a day (and 7 on Fridays) but it doesn't allow us to allocate smaller than 1 hour or half an hour. Also, on a laptop screen, it doesn't have a great view. Everything is quite chunky which makes it hard to view a few people's schedules at the same time. It would be easier if the customer support team shared individual email addresses rather than a generic one for the whole team so that you can continue conversations with a specific person.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Hub Planner: It suited us best due to having so many different features we could make use of.

2 years ago

Hello Ellie, Capacity Planning and the ability to measure the scheduled versus actuals is a core competency of Hub Planner, I'm happy to hear that this is working well for you and your team. Especially in this current pandemic, Hub Planner has really helped a lot of teams keep up performance levels and track who is working on what and who is available. Thanks for your feedback. I myself have been switching from a display to laptop with the current working from home. I find the Ctrl & 0 or zoom in and out options work for me. RE customer support, 9/10 times, once an agent responds to an initial ticket, it is automatically tagged to that agent for any future responses. It's only if that agent might be on leave or not available or another department needs to step in for example, would another agent take over so that your query is answered more quickly. Of course, you can request the agent of choice too, the rest of us won't be offended :) Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Patric S.
Software Engineer in Switzerland

Good, raw overview of my assigned projects

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I get a quick overview of the projects/tasks that have been assigned to me. What's also good, is that I can use my company account to log into the site and don't need a separate account. I can also view the assignment of my teammates which all helps us if we need to shuffle some things arround.

Cons:

To get informatino of an entry, I have to hover it with the mouse, to wait for the tooltip which takes a few seconds. I would prefer if there was another way to quickly view the details of an entry (maybe there is, but I couldn't find one).

last year

Thanks for submitting the review. Super glad all is working well for you. I note you need a more 'instant' view of the booking details? If you click on the settings cog (top right) a pop up will appear. Scroll to 'Tool Tip' and select 'Instant' or some of the other options if you prefer. Hope that helps? Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Georgia W.
Delivery Manager in UK

Hub Planner

4 2 years ago

Comments: Good customer service and willing to add new features as needed

Pros:

We use the timesheets tool everyday and is vital to our company

Cons:

Development of new features can be slow

2 years ago

What can we say, we've got great customers! Their ideas are brilliant! Of course, time to develop can indeed vary depending on the depth of work and time required to develop a new feature. Some are straightforward and easy, others are more challenging especially if they have integrating knock on effects throughout the system. We really do appreciate our customers ideas and suggestions, so many have been put into production throughout the years. Keep them coming! Fyi we will be releasing a new version of Timesheets soon enough. Keep an eye out for it. Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Julie G.
Julie G.
Global Planning Manager in Canada
201-500 Employees

An incredibly well-designed and user-friendly product to plan efficiently, from everywhere!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Hub Planner is a great visual tool to easily plan your capacity and make quick decisions. The user-interface is extremely well-designed and easy to use. The search (filter bar) capabilities to sort through your resource pool and look for specific set of skills is my all-time favorite! The custom reports section is also what makes Hub Planner great as you can really pick and choose the exact information you need. Finally, if something is missing or if you need assistance the support team in AMAZING! I can't tell them enough how impressed I am with their customer service every time I have a question or simple feedback!

Cons:

It's hard to find something that I don't like about Hub Planner. Of course, there is always room for improvement and as a user you can participate by voting on features you would like to see them implement next. Although I hear the API works great, (I'm not a programmer) my dream feature to automate my report needs and some other tasks would be a way to connect directly to the database. Otherwise, Hub Planner is almost perfect :)

Chief Operation Officer in Mauritius

All in 1 Planning tool

4 11 months ago

Comments: Really pleased with this software as modifications are easily done and I have all info needed in one place (Resource, planning, finance)

Pros:

The ease with which you can create resources and plan them on projects. Timewise, PMs get to save a lot of time to visualize their resource planning and in a snap can decide who to move and where, whenever needed

Cons:

I cannot track time on individual developments. I need to use Categories for this and with the number of ongoing projects, the length of the pull down is getting longer, day by day and getting unmanageable.

9 months ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. Glad Hub Planner is working well for you. We will have some new fresh updates coming soon to the Timesheets that should solve scrolling booking category list. Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Robert G.
CTO in UK

Great for team resource management

4 3 years ago

Comments: Happy to recommend Hub Planner as a resource management solution. Is it well priced and they are constantly adding new features. Customer support has always been excellent.

Pros:

We have been using Hub Planner to manage our technical project teams’ resources for over 1 year. We have found it easy to setup new projects and assign and reassign resources. Project managers and engineers are able to easily see who is working where and create reports and view overview resource details in the dashboards.

Cons:

Could be easier to assign different colours to booking categories

Zdenka P.
Business Development Coordinator in Ireland
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Hub Planner is highly functional and customisable resource management tool.

5 4 years ago

Comments: It's an easy-to-use, clear and useful resource management tool
Detailed and precise reporting
We have replaced three of our systems with one product
It streamlined our operation
We now have a software that is customisable but most of all used by our employees to satisfaction of all involved

Pros:

We chose Hub Planner to get serious about resource planning and to move away from spreadsheets and emails. It was very easy to set up to suit our needs. Grouping and filtering resources proved very handy. It integrated our timesheet system which is now much more precise and user-friendly. The recent annual leave feature replaced our previous system and is very easy to manage. The reports are detailed (or not) as we choose and quick to generate. The software is intuitive and nicely customisable so we can see exactly the information we need without any unnecessary clutter. I personally have to command the customer service which is quick, reliable and personable. There are not always quick solutions (like in life!) but there always seems to be a workaround. The product seems to be going from strength to strength with new features and upgrades/updates regularly which is good to see. Overall, we are very happy with the product and can definitely recommend it.

Cons:

Since this software is still in development, there are features that we would like to have and are not available (yet) - but of course we realise these things take some time. However, we are very happy with the progress and new features added over the course of our use (about 2 years). There are the occasional intermittent issues but the CS team is very quick to sort these out.

Meadhbh C.
PM Team Lead in Australia

Resource Management for eNett International

5 2 years ago

Comments: I had and continue to (on an ad hoc basis) have very positive dealings with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Irish) based in Sweden I believe.

Pros:

As we reached a certain size, it was clear we required a resource management Tool. The IT PMO approached this as part of our annual 'Hack Day', we researched and trialled numerous offerings and ultimately settled on Hubplanner. We had it set up and active within a day. It also has significantly reduced the time and people involvement in our fortnightly resource planning sessions.

Cons:

We really only use the Resource Management aspect of the software. There are numerous features thatw e already have a working solution in place for. A pro/rata rate for selecting only the services you need would be a great win.,

2 years ago

Hi Meadhbh, thank you so much for your kind words. Appreciate the detailed view from a PM Lead. If we can assist in helping with any of the other features, please do reach out. We will be happy to help you get more out of Hub Planner. "Go raibh maith agut" ;) Best, Team Hub Planner

Tony E.
Ops Director in UK
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Great system for resource management

5 11 months ago

Comments: We have been using Hub Planner for over 3 years and it has been a very successful tool for our project and team resource planning. Simple to plan in the work and review view our stand-up meetings.

Pros:

Integration with the business was easy and the stand-out feature was the resource planning calendar. Easy to schedule projects across our internal and external teams.

Cons:

The reporting has lots of options but it's not the easiest to use.

Alternatives Considered: Harvest and Forecast

Reasons for Switching to Hub Planner: The simplicity of use and visual views of the calendar/work

9 months ago

Thank you for your kind comments. Sounds like it's working really well for your team. If you would like to schedule some time with us, we would be more than happy to help guide you through the reports in more detail? Just give us a shout via [email protected] and our team will assist you. Thanks, Team Hub Planner

David H.
IT Performance Manager in UK
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

Moving from spreadsheet planning to Hub Planner was incredibly easy to set up & implement & roll-out

4 4 years ago

Comments: We have reduced the management of resource planning & also the number of times files became corrupt. Also, allowing different groups different access levels meant we could provide management reporting and user reporting in the same application. Introducing timesheets means we were able to move to a single application rather than two for planning & time recording.

Pros:

Easy planning features that can be viewed through project, resource group or other lenses is powerful. Integrating this to Hub-Planner timesheet functionality was equally simple and reduces the effort users have to do to complete their timesheets due to the pre-population. Data extraction & the ability to build customer reports is straightforward. The help guides are detailed & comprehensive, but if they don't provide the answers, the support team are fantastic & responsive, providing a fast & efficient resolution to any problems or questions.

Cons:

There are a lot of things you can configure within Hub Planner, but if you want a fully customized solution then Hub Planner may not work for you.

Sabine V.
Office Manager in Germany

overengineered

4 2 years ago

Comments: Completly overengineered. I get the feeling that people who designed it don't need to use it.

Pros:

I like what it looks like. The black background and colour scheme is quite nice.

Cons:

I can't seam to find what I look for without clicking a billion times. There are way too many options and most of them are useless to me.

2 years ago

Hi Sabine, many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Perhaps you are right, our thought process is design lead by function. We are redesigning the scheduler as we speak. We would love to chat to you about this if you had the time? We might also take the opportunity to help with streamlining your daily workflow? Best, Team Hub Planner.

Andre N.
Technical Consultant in Portugal

Accurate usage reporting

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Ability to add notes to ongoing work and utilise the planned hours.

Cons:

lack of notifications on approval of timesheets.

2 years ago

Hello Andre, thanks for posting your review of Hub Planner. Appreciate the suggestion for a new notification. We are in the process of developing a new version of Timesheets which will hopefully include the notification for submitted timesheets. Also, keep an eye out for the new notifications via Slack that will be coming your way very soon. https://hubplanner.com/blog/ Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Kris D.
Solution Architect in Poland
Computer Networking, 201-500 Employees

Hub Planner revew

5 2 years ago

Pros:

It's user friendly and easy to use. It helps to report work time.

Cons:

At the moment I cannot see any disadvantages.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Switched From: Dynamics 365

2 years ago

Hi Kris, Thanks for posting your review! Design and usability to key to the Hub Planner user. Super glad you're finding it helpful in your working day. Best, Team Hub Planner

Alissa W.
Head of Client Operations in US

Worked really well for us

5 2 years ago

Comments: We had a very positive experience with Hub Planner. From the initial customization and integration through use it was a solid partnership. This tool helped us get on track with resourcing our teams and providing leadership with real time data around allocations.

Pros:

It's interface and experience design are extremely intuitive and fluid. It is easy to toggle back and forth from reviewing a user to a group.

Cons:

It had nothing to do with the software and more limitations on how our systems would integrate so we did not get to use the project management side of the software as much as we would have liked.

Isabella T.
Principal Consultant in Germany
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

It's ok, but...

3 2 years ago

Comments: It is okay, but for some cases, a workaround is needed.

Pros:

It is good, that you have a tool where you can track the time you need to work on several projects and generate reports from it. Integrating it with other tools is also a nice feature (such as invoicing tools).

Cons:

There are several small things that could be done much better, just to mention a few: - Include easy to use categories within one project, so that you can track time on task level - To make tracking time even easier include a start/stop timer function - When approving time cards for my employees and finding a mistake: In order to change the mistake, I need to deny the timecard, change the screen, go into editing mode for my employee and then edit, approve (on behalf of employee), change screen again to finally approve the timecard. Why not edit/approve the timecard directly on the approval screen for admins? - Decimal numbers of time tracking are screwed when exporting them to excel

2 years ago

Hello Isabella, Appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of Hub Planner. I agree, there are some things that can be improved for sure. Thanks for the suggestions, they are really helpful especially around the Timesheets function. We most certainly will take these and hopefully you will see them implemented in the near future. On your point for booking categories within one project. Have you tried the Booking Category Groups? This will allow you to assign specific booking categories for different projects? Super helpful when reporting time too that you can segment what you are actually spending time on. Here is a link to the press release: https://hubplanner.com/hub-planner-release-booking-category-groups-to-the-suite-of-resource-management-features/ If you need any further help, do reach out to us via https://hubplanner.com/contact/, we'll be happy to assist. Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Hollie W.
Head of Creative Services in UK
Animation, 11-50 Employees

Create Product for a Production Agency

5 2 years ago

Comments: My team and I have had a great experience with Hub Planner

Pros:

I really like the scheduling tool on this software, it is great to be able to move the allocated projects around with easy as ur schedules are always changing.

Cons:

I find it complicated to work out who sees what

2 years ago

Hi Hollie, I'm so glad that Hub Planner is working out well for you. This is exactly what we thrive to hear and makes all the hard work so worthwhile, so thank you! In terms of the assigning the different roles and permissions. This is available in Settings -> Roles. However, we have also taken previous customer feedback on board and are in the process of developing this function further that will allow you to customize and streamline access/permissions within Hub Planner. There will be a new section in settings that will take you through this function that is due to be released very soon. Keep and eye: https://hubplanner.com/blog/ Best, Team Hub Planner

Rodolfo L.
Software Developer in Mexico
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees

Good but It could improve

4 2 years ago

Comments: Is a useful tool to understand the activities of my week.

Pros:

Is easy to use and have a lot functions.

Cons:

I would like to have more options to personalize how the information is presented in my schedule.

2 years ago

Hi Rodolfo, thanks for posting your feedback. Glad you're finding Hub Planner helpful for your workflow. There's always room for improvement and we love that our users take the time to help us with the suggestions and feedback. We are going to be updating the scheduler as a whole in the near future. But in the meantime, you can click the settings cog (top right of the scheduler) to activate the Scheduler Customization menu? There are also some customization options within settings. Do reach out to us if you have any questions on this or indeed, further suggestions on how to improve your Hub Planner experience. We would love to hear them. Best, Team Hub Planner

Tim E.
Solution Director in UK

Very good for the allocation of resources

4 2 years ago

Comments: Great for allocating team members to projects and tracking their progress in one place.

Pros:

It is easy to see an view of your whole teams activity and is easy to switch around individuals from task to task and see the impact this will make.

Cons:

The reporting can be quite fiddly to customise if the standard reports (of which there are plenty) don't exactly fulfill your requirements.

2 years ago

Hi Tim, really glad Hub Planner is working well for you and your team. The Reports are quite vast with lots of functions. I can understand they take some time to get used to. We are trying to cover off on all possible analytic scenarios to help teams better forecast. I find the Reports section of the Knowledge Base helpful and saving my customized templates. Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Elodie M.
Automation Engingeer in Ireland
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

not bad -needs a mobile version or app

4 2 years ago

Comments: We book everybody's time on the team against project so that everyone knows what they're working on each day.
We added contractors to our list of personnel to allow easy tracking of hours.

Pros:

Very easy to plan everyone's work and to see what people are working on very quickly

Cons:

Hubplanner looks terrible on my mobile, I can't "click" on an event to see what notes there are or anything.

2 years ago

Appreciate your eye for a clean design. Right now, the mobile optimization is more functional for sure. Thanks for the feedback, we will look to add this to our scope for sure. Best, Team Hub Planner

Stephanie D.
Sustainability Specialist in US
Environmental Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great for forecasting - lacking in setup capabilities

4 2 years ago

Pros:

The ability to all team members to schedule their own work and give the whole team visibility into resource capacity. We also leverage the time sheet to generate data on time spent per project time and improve our understanding of the resource-cost per project.

Cons:

Our team works on 100+ projects at once, while an individual may only work on ~10 projects. There isn't a simple way for individuals to view only a list of projects they work on. Even setting up folders for each team members or using tags still requires scrolling through a large amount of projects to find "your list."

2 years ago

Hi Stephanie. Appreciate the feedback. Thank you for posting. A couple of suggestions for the scheduler view: ->Sidebar, users can sort the sidebar as they wish. Just click the 3 vertical dots of a sidebar group. -> Layout views. Click the tv icon to switch up the different layout views of the scheduler. -> My Schedule. Users have access to their own 'My Schedule' group of projects. -> Remove user from Project. If they are no longer working on the project, perhaps remove them temporarily from the project until needed? -> Reports - Allow users to view their data by their own report or dashboard view too. Create a Heat Map or Full Breakdown. ->Do reach out to us if we can help you further. Best, Team Hub Planner

Nicolas Y.
Team lead of integration specialists in Canada
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: Made the scheduling oof resources easier

Pros:

Easi to have an overview of a sub team, of a project. Easy for planning.

Cons:

Software is a little bit slow. It takes some time before it refreshes after a change.

2 years ago

Hi Nicholas, Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. Super glad Hub Planner has helped with the planning and scheduling of resources and projects. We will keep an eye on the performance logs, but do reach out to us should you see this again? We will investigate there and then. https://hubplanner.com/contact/ Best, Team Hub Planner