Filter by:

• Overall

About Lessonly

Lessonly by Seismic is training software used by over 3 million learners and 1000 companies to learn, practice and do better work.

Learn more about Lessonly

Danee' F.
Danee' F.
Learning & Development Administrator
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021

"Easy to Use Product, Amazing Customer Service, Huge Impact"

Comments: As stated above, their customer support team is amazing! From the time you meet with your Enterprise Account Manager/Services Delivery Manager to finally launching Lessonly within the company, its painless and welcoming. There are so many options to build content, make it your own brand, and teach the learners. Lessonly helps with all of this to create a very smooth transition. You are also invited to join their community with likeminded people and have the ability to have discussions with others about their wins, while joining events where you can learn best practices on how to use the product.

Pros: Lessonly is simple and super easy to use on both the Learner and Admin side. A feature that is most impactful is Trigger feature. We use this to assign training content and it is a huge win for us! We have a large number of people starting weekly and it was getting difficult to assign content individually, with this particular tool in Lessonly, it made it so easy to create a group and set the trigger to auto send content on certain days the employees would need it. We also use this for our Knowledgebase system and it’s really nice to link those articles within training and not have it pop a new system for the employee to look at, as it’s all intertwined. A few other impactful features are the easy to use search bar to find the content needed and the “feature this lesson”. We like the use “feature this lesson” during our daily morning meetings to show our employees any important items, product releases, promotions are coming, etc. It sits right on the Learner’s page and allows them to view the Lesson without them having to search or it being assigned. I like the simplicity of the platform, it is so intuitive to use that there isn’t much time training anyone at the company to create content, which saves everyone time. Their customer support has welcomed us with open arms and made us feel like family. They are on top of answering our questions with such delight, you can really feel they care.

Cons: There isn't much to dislike about Lessonly. If I had to pick anything it would be the ability to not copy/duplicate Paths or a Lesson section. There are times when we create a specific path, but then need to create variants of it based on roles. Ex: Trainer versions of the same path. Same thing with a Lesson section, there are times a whole section is needed in another Lesson and the alternative is to copy paste or add the element to the element library (this can be nice as you can link the element, meaning if you change one Lessons element, it will change the others so you don’t have to go find the other Lesson to update).

Product Education Lead
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"Simple, basic LMS."

Comments: It was a simple, easy way for us to scale learning for our quickly growing organization. That being said, it feels like we grew faster than Lessonly was able to keep up with, so now we're looking for a more robust LMS that will provide more flexibility as we become more sophisticated in how we're approaching education as a company.

Pros: The interface is clean, and lessons are relatively easy to create. Because it has such a minimalist design, there were very little extra work needed to make it look nice and enticing for our team to use.

Cons: They've only just now begun to add support for SCORM, relying solely on their built in editor for awhile. The customer support team is responsive, but very few changes or updates seem to be made from user feedback. It also felt as though substantial updates to the app were few and far between. This was disappointing, to say the least.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Customer Support Representative
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"The Goldilocks of LMS Software"

Comments: Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Pros: -From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity. -It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :) -It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it. -I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Cons: -I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation. -Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice. -As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Sarah M.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Easy to use, incredibly effective"

Comments: I've used Lesson.ly for about 6 months now, and am very happy with it. We have teams of contractors who perform services on behalf of our company, and Lesson.ly has made it easy for us to create content, send it out in a digestible way, and then monitor compliance. I do think the software lacks a few bells and whistles that would truly make it amazing, but what they lack in tech features they make up for in customer support. Their team is always willing to go above and beyond to help us figure something out or find a workaround.

Pros: Lesson and course format for content creation, referenceable content in a "learning library" format, easy to monitor compliance, easy to create content.

Cons: Admin dashboard could use some improvement and more wiki functionality. I would also like a bit more customization in terms of formatting the content.

Lead Training and Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Solid tool for training your employees"

Pros: It's a nice tool that lets you set up learning tools for your end users to use and go over learn from.
I set up a whole IT course for new users to do as part of their onboarding process. We also use in conjunction with our broader company-wide onboarding set up

Cons: the only thing I can think of could use a little work on is the user management, i think it could be a little better and easier to add users and as well as remove them too.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Nicole P.
Sr. Mgr. Training
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Fantastic Learning Management System"

Comments: I've been using Lesson.ly for a year and a half and I've had an incredibly positive experience. The platform itself is simple to use and the team behind it has been fantastic.

Pros: Simplistic to use

Cons: Could use a more robust reporting tool on the front end

Brian C.
Brian C.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Great to Disseminate Information"

Comments: Overall, I like the tool. We have also used it to qualify for continuing education credits for certain certifications.

Pros: I like my company's use of Lessonly, they will send out compliance and HR information. At the end of the presentation there is a check for understanding. You can always go back to Lessonly to review the completed items. This is great!

Cons: There is nothing I dislike about Lessonly. It is very easy to use and is a good place to store important, but not daily data.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Kim M.
Physical Therapist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

"Lesson.ly review"

Comments: I have yet to encounter an issue with using incremedical lesson software. Very easy to click through the pages and review pages if needed. Some difficulty printing but that may possible be due to a computer issue on my end.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Some lessons have been lost.

Jake D.
Customer Support Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Lessonly Wins!"

Comments: The overall onboarding and live support experience has been amazing with Lessonly. Mike and Jacey are great resources and a pleasure to work with.

Pros: Ease of building content.

Cons: I wish Lessonly had more intractable content.

Johanna M.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Lesson.ly Review"

Comments: I have had about two months of working with Lesson.ly. The support from the Lesson.ly team, especially Karlie has been great!
I think that program has been widely accepted within the organization. I think the improvement I would recommend is more reporting capabilities on the user's end v. calling our client manager to receive the information.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Edwin C.
Lead Generation Specialist
201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Lessonly Experience"

Comments: Great tool for on boarding and introduction for most frequently asked questions for the company.

Pros: Very user friendly and it's easy to complete when it comes to task or assignments to team members. You can also track members who are done with the training or topic uploaded on each profile.

Cons: I can't really say anything negative for this application. I love doing my assignments/trainings here on this platform.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Cori W.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2016

"Lessonly: The Solution for our Employee Growth"

Comments: Our company doubled employees over one year. As such, we could not keep up with the training necessary to help a new employee get the knowledge they needed to be successful. Lessonly helped us accomplish this goal, without constantly having to take time from key stakeholders in the business.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2016
Rebekah H.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"Fantastic Tool, Even Better Support"

Comments: We utilize lesson.ly for ongoing education and training purposes and could not be more pleased with the ease of use and level of quality support. It's an intuitive product backed by a team who's committed to making it even better.

Jose S.
Tier 2
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Ease of use"

Pros: Such an easy way to put out trainings for my team. Also super easy to use when a training gets sent to me. I love the lay out of lessonly and how easy it is to use or create your own trainings.

Cons: I haven't had any issues or complaints from my team. Lessonly is always super smooth and easy

• Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Daniel D.
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2016

"Simple and efficient, but not robust"

Comments: Lesson.ly is definitely a valuable tool if you're looking for something you can utilize quickly and easily. They do have really good support and are adding features regularly. Having said that, the features included are very minimal. if you're looking for an immersive learning authoring tool, this probably isn't the best option. Suggestions: Make your quizzes more responsive. Make copying/pasting slides easier. Add an undo button.

Pros: Easy to use, administer learning.

Cons: Minimal features.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2016
Betsy F.

"We love Lesson.ly!"

Comments: Lesson.ly has been a wonderful partner and has helped our training go from paper to e-learning quickly and easily. Great value for the cost and easy to use for both creator and end user.

Trav W.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021

"Great platform and great people!"

Comments: I love Lessonly. I'd like to see improvements to the gradebook and have pre-made content available, but neither of these things are dealbreakers. The LlamaNation community is a huge "pro" and one of the biggest differentiators between Lessonly and other LMS platforms. I am proud to be a llama! I highly recommend Lessonly to anyone looking for an intuitive LMS for creating custom content.

Pros: Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support.

Cons: The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them!

Director of People
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Easy to use, perfect learning tool for nimble companies!"

Comments: The Lessonly team is beyond good. They are helpful, responsive, kind, and you can tell that they obviously have a fun time doing it all! I have found them to be very receptive to product recommendations, etc.

Pros: Lessonly is VERY easy for users. They rarely have to ask for help in accessing and completing their assignments. It is customizable and has great design that makes it feel like a forward thinking learning platform.

Cons: I would love more pre-loaded trainings. For a small team, it is hard to keep up with content creation.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Caleb O.
Caleb O.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Lessonly review"

Comments: with Lessonly, I can easily train my business team and collaborate with them on useful contents.

Pros: It is very easy to create teachable contents using Lessonly. Lessonly provides me and my team with a powerful learning system coupled with advanced coaching functionalities.

Cons: The dashboard needs to be jazzed up a little bit with more customization features for contents.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Romay zuleima F.
Docente Agregado
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Excellent tool of training"

Comments: Organization of classes for training teachers

Pros: For the course of educational training, the tool is very usefulness and allows to share videos and projections of images dynamically

Cons: The cost is a little bit high and the explanation for the functioning results something complicated

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Olivia C.
Member Onboarding Rep
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Super user friendly"

Comments: We launched a new training program with Lessonly. Their onboarding with us was excellent - super supportive and patient with our long decision making process. Their customer support is super responsive and great to work with.

Pros: Really easy to build lessons without a lot of technical know-how. It is quick to get content in, publish, and assign out to users.
The interface is very clean and self-explanatory to use.

Cons: Some of their texts options are limited (colours, sizing).
You can't copy and paste whole sections of content from one course to another easily.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Adjunct English Instructor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Lessonly Works!"

Comments: Lessonly works very well for our training systems. Our information is updated/can change a lot so being able to easily go into a lesson to update is a benefit. Lessonly also provides 'house' lesson/guides for it's administrators including tips on when to put information into video, what might work best content-wise or how much content. This is very useful for those creating lessons for the first time.

Pros: Your can add videos, images, and quizzes to the lessons on any slide. You can create lesson paths which clump certain lessons into one flow. You can track when employees begin and end lessons, and the 'grade' they get for each lesson (if you have quizzes in lessons).

Cons: Can be cumbersome to add a new administrator for auditing the lessons if there are a ton of lessons, as it seems you can only add an editor one lesson at a time.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Andrea N.
HR Manger
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Love Lessonly!"

Pros: We love using this for our learning platform. It’s simple & employees like the ease of use

Cons: Some of the applications aren’t very user friendly

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Happiness Engineer
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Makes learning quick and simple"

Pros: I love that progress is saved across lessons and completion is tracked. Wanting to have every lesson available from the company completed is almost like a game. You don't want to stop running through courses so you can keep up your 100% completion rate. Quizes at the end, interactive lessons are nice little bonuses.

Cons: The dashboard is a little weak for discovery and the search is presented in a manner that results in 1 lesson producing many search results.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Darian S.
Operations Development and Training Specialist
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"Love this product"

Comments: As an Operations Development and Training Specialist, I'm always looking for ways to make training fun. Lesson.ly has provided that with the option to include videos and checking knowledge of the information. I would recommend this to any company who wants to better there communication on new information

Pros: Ease of use.
Variety of functions

Cons: nothing

• Reviewed on 15/02/2017