• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Lessonly

Lessonly is training software used by over 3 million learners and 1000 companies to learn, practice and do better work.

Learn more about Lessonly

Olivia S.
Director of Business Development
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2020

"Excellent for the inexperienced & seamless onboarding"

Comments: We streamlined training and knowledge database within Lessonly. We also utilize Lessonly to send out newsletters which cut back our email and slack clutter. We also utilize Lessonly to track mandatory continuing education for our licensed professionals and mandatory HR updates, everything is traceable within Lessonly Insights.

Pros: We use this mostly for Knowledge Management System but we also use Lessonly to onboard new employees. The interface is engaging and extremely user friendly. Support is extremely fast and responsive. Superb customer service.

Cons: The quizzes and practice on demand are a bit clunky. There are no options to roll out the same quizzes to the same user, only limited to scoring system where they can re-take if failed. Practice on demand is only in a narrative scenario so it's only useful for written scenario which is not useful for us. Integration was a bit hard to do with Salesforce.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2020
Keenan S.
Product Education Lead
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"Easy to use with a great support team."

Comments: We looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition. There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience. Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.

Pros: UI/UX design. Customer service.

Cons: Would love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons. PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.

David G.
Program Manager, Learning & Enablement
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Amazing learning software with some of the best client support I've ever experienced."

Comments: Working with Lessonly has been one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. In our search for a learning platform, I was pleasantly surprised to find this (relatively) small company innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has gotten us excited again about capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. The support and partnership we have with the Lessonly team is one of the best experiences I've ever had. They have provided great guidance on building setup and launch, building engaging lessons, and best practices around driving adoption. Lessonly rocks!

• Reviewed on 15/11/2016
Jesse K.
Sr. Director, Professional Services
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2017

"Easy to Use and Manage!"

Comments: Intuitive use, ease and simplicity are Lessonly's strengths. As a learner I appreciate the variety of ways curriculum is delivered (cards, screen shots, videos, etc), all followed with a quick comprehension quiz to help me retain the info. I look forward to lessons about new product updates from our training team every week!

Pros: Intuitive and easy to use.

Cons: As a product designed primarily for educating employees, there's not very natural way for me to administer training or lessons for my external customers, but we still get some great content out there using this system.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2017
Jessica H.
Marketing Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2020

"Excellent e-learning platform"

Pros: Lessonly allows us to share content externally with teams that sell our products in an easy and fun way. Not only people can learn about our products but they can also receive extra tips and training. This is important for us to maintain great working relationships with our external partners. We also use Lessonly internally to ensure our staff stay up-to-date with industry compliance requirements.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like. The tool is excellent and the customer success team amazing!

• Reviewed on 02/01/2020
Kevin C.
Business Operations
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"A fantastic CMS"

Comments: Overall, Lessonly is a great tool for pushing content to internal teams.

Pros: - Very easy to use as a user and an admin
- Lots of functionality to ensure the content is engaging to the user (embedded files, videos, gifs, etc.).
- Interactive quiz functionality is great to ensure not only engagement, but absorption of the material.

Cons: Not too many cons come to mind. With a lot of content, comes natural organizational issues, which are not solvable in the most intuitive way.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Quality Lead
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"A learning management tool that will never let you down."

Comments: We use Lessonly for our training for internal employees. Lessonly has lately been our go-to tool for all our learning needs.

Pros: The beauty of this tool is, the ease of creating the courses.
Integration with third party software like Slack and Salesforce is good.

Cons: I experienced few formatting issues initially and over a period of time I learnt how it solve it.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Frank B.
Trainer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"An Easy-To-Use Content Delivery Platform"

Comments: We've used Lesson.ly for around 2 years and been very happy with their product. Lesson.ly makes it easy to deploy engaging self-led training to our employees and vendors.

Pros: User interface is intuitive.
Content creation is very simple.

Cons: Lack of import/export functionality

Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2020

"Lessonly Review"

Comments: Lessonly is a great tool for teachings and trainings, and these can be made quickly and easily.

Pros: Lessonly is a great tool to use for trainings, when you are unable to do an in person training. You can customize with photos and quizzes to make the trainings more fun and pleasing to the eye

Cons: The site can be a little slow at times, but there aren’t too many downsides other than that.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2020
Tim H.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"I LOVE this software"

Pros: User friendly, really effective.
I've used Lessonly in two different organizations and I love it. It's the easiest way to onboard new employees, and (as an employee who has been onboarded with it), it's way more effective than traditional methods. Also, super user-friendly.

Cons: I'm sure there could be more functionality, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017
Tom G.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Flexible, easy-to-use learning platform!"

Comments: I'm responsible for training and education for the BD team at my company, and I came into the job with no prior experience using tools like Lessonly. From the beginning, it was incredibly simple to figure out how to use it, build materials, and hold my team accountable for learning. The platform was integral in building out a comprehensive onboarding and training program that improved new hire productivity by 40% and decreased ramp time by 66% or more. In addition, the Lessonly team is always ready to lend a hand however they can. Great experience with the team and with the product!

Danya J.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Easy to use training and continuing education program"

Comments: I send out weekly lessons to keep our sales agronomists constantly reviewing the science behind our products, crops, and other industry need-to-knows. I have gotten a lot of great feedback from the "students" that are in my training program. They say they are so glad to have the review that keeps them refreshed with information they learned in college and have since forgotten, but also touching on new subjects and learning more concepts behind basic topics. It is easy to use on the back end of creating the lessons and also for the users to take the lessons.

Danya B.
Agronomy Training Coordinator
Farming, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Easily create and manage company learning."

Comments: It has been easy to measure our sales people's learning and where new employees are at in their industry knowledge-level. This is great so we know what level we need to start training each individual.

Pros: Lesson.ly is so simple to use - both on the lesson creation end and the user end. This is very helpful for my learners who aren't very computer-savvy.

Cons: The subscription is a little too expensive for the amount that we use it, and there are no smaller packages available.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
New York fashion photographer / Director
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2018

"Great for certain businesses"

Pros: This is the future of training teams across the globe. Its a small company and they've released a couple features since I used it. Seems like theyre on top of updates and service

Cons: The customization of quizes and tests can be very very time consuming. It can some times be a bit buggy but not a deal breaker.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2018
Ed S.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Lesson.ly Makes My Life Easier"

Comments: I am a part time sales enablement/training resource in a growing SAAS company. Lesson.ly has allowed me to significantly and positively leverage my available time so that I can remain focussed on training and learning development versus training administration. A breeze to learn, simple to use, and just the right amount of capability without spending a fortune. New features being added all the time that add value!

Tracy C.
Customer Service Lead
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"We use this to share information and tutorials with teams"

Pros: Lessonly has been a treat to use. It's simple to follow, and the video feature is awesome! We use Lessonly to send information to not only established team members but also the temporary workers that we bring on during our busiest times. It is an excellent platform for sharing "how to's" and to teach new skills or to brush up on old ones.

Cons: No negative thoughts here. I enjoy using Lessonly, and it's been problem-free. Good job, Lessonly Team!

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Joe C.
51-200 Employees

"Training Made Easy"

Comments: Lesson.ly has improved the communication of new information, standards, and policies within the office in a fun and easy to use way.

Kendee V.

"Great Product"

Comments: We just started using Lessonly, but so far it is great! Lessons and Courses are very simple to make and the Gradebook allows you different views to follow different groups and individuals. I look forward to diving deeper into the product as our needs grow!

Marcia G.
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2016

"Review of Lesson.ly On-Line Training Software"

Comments: The best business decision I ever made was moving my business training to Lesson.ly. My curriculum has never looked better, the training works across all platforms, my users never been happier, and their customer service is out of this world.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2016
Emily H.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2016

"Best Online Education Tool!"

Comments: Lessonly has been a great tool to be able to deliver continuing education materials to our employees and track their results/progress. It's easy to use and helpful for both the teacher and learner.

Derek S.

"Great Learning Tool"

Comments: Lessonly is a powerful tool to guide employee engagement and learning outside of the traditional classroom setting. It's easy to use, and the back-end support is top-notch.

Commercial Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Great solution, easy to use and simple UI"

Pros: Lessonly makes it easy for me to complete the assignments my administrator send outs, and I love the branded UI.

Cons: Lessonly has been great so far, there isnt anything I would complain about not liking, the UI does have everything centered when I wish it was left.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Cynthia S.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"Pretty Good Value Over All"

Comments: I like how easy it is to gain access to educational information. Being able to change and impute training information quickly is really awesome too.

Pros: Ease of use

Zach B.

"Great overall experience"

Comments: The tool is easy to use; there's a very small learning curve; it has all the features we need to effectively train employees; and customer service was 100%.

Jesse H.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Excellent Product with Great support!"

Comments: I've had a great experience with Lesson.ly and I think their customer support was superb and extremely responsive.