15 years helping British businesses

About CentralReach

CentralReach is a leading EMR, practice management and data collection platform for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy providers.

Learn more about CentralReach

Pros:

Data collection options are great. Overall system, when working, is relatively easy to use.

CentralReach ratings

4.0
4.3
4.2
4.2

8.1/10

CentralReach has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 130 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used CentralReach before?

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

All encompassing program

Comments: I am a CR fan. I've appreciated the many details in the program along with the accessibility to their internal experts to offer help when needed. They are patient and responsive and ease the frustration of the learning curve to get this up and running. It's a quality product and has been very reliable.

Pros:

CR knows ABA and that is evident in how the data collection works. It sorts, collects, reports, and stores all the important information all in one place. It is comprehensive and as detailed as you want it to be with the ability to select any level of permissions for each employee. It graphs beautifully and offers labels and other ways to customize every module. Our schedule is seen in CR, our payroll runs from the timesheets, the billing module fills out the form with the ability to upgrade to electronic billing from their site. Links are created for intake of clients and employees. There is a small business team who has been very responsive and happy to help as we grew into this program. They are also evolving and making it easier to learn as they offer more help classes, webinars and online resources.

Cons:

The main negative is the price. As our company has grown so has our monthly bill limiting the amount of upgrades we can afford to use. Inquiries about cost and price of these upgrades have also been hard to come by as the sales team isn't as responsive as the customer service team. One thing I would request to change is to allow a pro-ration cost of the monthly use. I have to cut off providers who are leaving on a certain day and may miss out on a week of services because I'm being charged for an entire month subscription only being used for a day or two. (I also would not recommend the company who handles collection of the monthly fees. Their website is not user friendly and primitive) The last negative is that we're invested now. It would be overwhelming to even think about switching to another data company even if we wanted to. I'm happy I don't want to, but feel we're at the point of no return and know the price will just continue to climb as we add providers into the system.

Harry
Chief Executive Officer in US

A Valuable Partner for Jackson Family Human Services

Comments: At Jackson Family Human Services, we are thrilled to have Central Reach as a partner. The clinicians providing services to children and adults in inner cities and rural communities have expressed their satisfaction with the tools and support provided by Central Reach.Central Reach has been instrumental in helping our organization streamline our processes and improve efficiency. Their user-friendly platform has allowed us to manage our client data more effectively and has provided our clinicians with the necessary tools to deliver high-quality care to our clients.One of the most impressive aspects of Central Reach is their commitment to innovation and their ability to adapt to the changing needs of the healthcare industry. Their ongoing development of new features and updates has enabled us to stay ahead of the curve and offer the best possible services to our clients.Overall, Central Reach has been a valuable partner for Jackson Family Human Services, and we highly recommend their services to other healthcare organizations. Thank you, Central Reach, for your support and partnership.

Pros:

WE appreciate the user-friendly platform and the extensive features offered by Central Reach. The platform is easy to use, which enables us to streamline their processes and manage our client data more effectively. The verity of services offered such as data collection, scheduling, billing, and reporting, are also highly valued. Central Reach's platform serves as a one-stop-shop for our organizations, enabling us to manage all aspects of our operations within a single platform.

Cons:

The learning curve associated with implementing, technical issues or shutdowns during last year.

CLAUDIA
CEO in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Too expensive to not care

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: POOR! Central Reach has not provided us with an adequate solution for issues with Change Healthcare and the cost keeps creeping up with no discounts for bundling at ALL.

Pros:

Good overall Practice management solution.

Cons:

Expensive, additional functionality cost more, poor customer support.

Jeff
CFO in US

Great Comprehensive Platform for End to End ABA Processes

Comments: I would recommend Central Reach to other ABA providers looking to make a switch. I have also been consistently impressed by the system improvements over our time with CR as well as the continued level of involvement and support from our customer success lead, [sensitive content hidden] !

Pros:

Central Reach is user friendly, allows for significant flexibility to meet the needs of our organization, but at the same time provides critical structure and process consistency for users across different functions and locations. One of the few platforms that incorporates all end-to-end processes on one seamless platform. It is also evident that Central Reach has a continued eye towards system improvement.

Cons:

Central Reach is a premium product but comes at a premium price tag, especially when infrequent users are charged the same monthly rate as heavy users. The parent portal and client invoicing are two areas that could use some improvements.

Amy
Billing/coding in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Newer user

Comments: Our ABA department really loves the program, and for their use it is efficient and compliant.

Pros:

The implementation process was very organized, thoroughly communicated, and professionally managed. All inquiries were handled with courtesy and professionalism. Support needs, while very few, are promptly addressed and resolved.

Cons:

Program setup seems more intricate than other programs I've used. Multiple levels of user setup, connecting providers to one another and clients, attaching templates to service codes, etc, seems rather cumbersome and, at times, confusing.

CentralReach For ABA Data Collection and Storage

Comments: I am able to record and store all my clients data easily in one safe place.

Pros:

I like how CentralReach systematically prompt fades as the client got closer to acheiving our behavioral targets. It was relatively simple to use and I use it for 7 hours each day so that's a huge help!

Cons:

Although I know that it's imperative for the system to log out after a period of pause for HIPPA reasons, however, I wish the system let you stay logged on for a bit longer since I would constantly have to re-log back in during the time I was administering DTTs.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Total Lack of Sales Integrity

Comments: I very much regret this purchase and am even considering making a switch AGAIN despite the high switching costs. I had a good customer success lead but she couldn't do anything to help the fact that we had a sales rep who over promised and could not deliver.

Pros:

Clean interface, customized forms. Pricing is okay.

Cons:

I finally have to review this because I am so frustrated with this software! So much was promised during the sales process and once we were well into implementation, one by one these things were denied. Additionally, as soon as you "go live" you are directed to use the support ticket function for any questions or issues, and they direct everything to an Ideas Portal which is not maintained.

Veronica
Administrative Manager in US

Central Reach vs Kareo

Pros:

I like how user friendly this software is. I am able to track cancellations, authorizations, and the amount of remaining hours we have left on an auth very easily.

Cons:

The meta data does not always pull into a report.

Amarilys
BCBA, Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Learning curve required but excellent product

Comments: Central Reach customer service team is great! They respond within 24 hours and always have great recommendations.

Pros:

Once the system is set up as desired, it makes data collection and admin duties flawless.

Cons:

It does take about a month give or take to go through the training and set the system as you desire.

Nestor R.
Home Base Counselor in US

CentralReach Review

Pros:

Easy to use after learning curve and practice by those experienced in Software who have provided tutoring.

Cons:

A section needs to be add regarding family's participation since the current menu only includes patients due to some of these sessions being Parenting and Mentoring ones as well as for Termination Reports.

Madison
Benefits Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Personally, not a fan.

Comments: My company uses Central Reach both on the billing and payroll/time tracking side. Overall, I am not a fan of this software and we are looking to move our business elsewhere in the near future. However, while my business has outgrown Central Reach, other small companies may find it's capabilities just right for them.

Pros:

This software might be good on the billing / medical record management side. That is not the way I personally use this software, so I cannot judge if it is a strong competitor in this industry.

Cons:

This system breaks A LOT. We often have days where the site is down (we've even had weeks) which has significantly impacted my workforce (both on the billing and payroll side). Additionally, while I have not personally spoken with Customer Service, I have heard from my colleagues that do that Customer Service is poor. Slow resolutions to problems, or no answer from them at all. Lastly, the software is often very picky about the way things are done and has weird glitches (permissions appear to be correct but view is still wrong. IT has to reset the account just to get the permissions to work).

BENITA
BILLING MANAGER in US

OPINION ON CR

Pros:

I've been working with CentralReach for the past 9 yrs it's the one thing I recommend to all new billing companies and providers looking for a billing plateform. It has everything I need to get my job done. The only thing I would seriously look at as how it's set up to generate secondary claims. This is the one big issue I have with CentralReach, and I have several clients that have a primary and secondary insurance and this part of CentralReach has made my life very difficult! Otherwise I love it! thank you!

Cons:

generating secondary claims, this needs to be changed (remove the # of times a payment can be posted from the first) sometimes the claim can be denied for whatever reason but a $0 payment needs to be posted anyway.

Sage
RBT in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Gets Job Done but Could be More User Friendly

Comments: I use Central Reach every day as an RBT to gather data on my clients and help them reach their behavioral goals. I like the data-gathering interface because it allows me to quickly put in data so I can stay in the moment with my kiddo.

Pros:

I like that is has everything I need for work all on one platform. I can see my notes, schedule, gather data, etc all on Central Reach. I like the data taking platform and its ease of use (I wish I could rearrange items on my end though). I also use the app for its offline data collection feature which is quite handy.

Cons:

I do not like how many hoops I have to jump through to get to the feature I want. For example, finding my total authorized billable hours for the month is a several step process my company actually had to make a tutorial for us to be able to do it. I would also enjoy a "read all" feature for clinical notes/better way to organize them. The calendar could be improved as well, I like seeing the whole month but the size of appointments makes it unreadable.

Maura
Owner in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Central Reach is the best practice management software for the field of Applied Behavior Analysis

Comments: Our experience has been wonderful. We have been with CentralReach for over 5 years. I cannot imagine running our company without it. Over time, CentralReach has worked to improve and increase usability for BCBAs. Most of all, the customer service is wonderful.

Pros:

This software allows connectivity between all aspects of the company. Claims, timesheets, data collection, authorization management, and billing are seamlessly connected for clients and staff.

Cons:

The software is not easy to learn to use. This can be a barrier for new staff. Though the power of the software makes up for this and it is worth persevering to learn to use it.

TONYA
Client Account Specialist in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Central Reach & the Behavioral Health field

Comments: Our company provides services to Autistic children. Central Reach was designed by this particular industry - so it's ideal for us. It helps us organize client information, therapy sessions, insurance authorizations, billing and human resources. C-Reach is also HIPPA compliant, an added bonus. We're a small business and the program is the backbone of what we do. I am impressed with it and would highly recommend it to a medical practice, school or a similar firm.

Pros:

I like it's visual display. Central Reach is quite intuitive once you become familiar with it.

Cons:

In clients' profiles there's not an area for notes - I've found a work-around, but it'd be very helpful.

Susan
BCBA in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

So many outages it may not even be worth it.

Pros:

The possibility to see trends in data and to measure progress over time and create several different kinds of reports.

Cons:

Unreliability. This month alone there have been 6 separate times when the system has been unavailable to make progress reports or to collect data, impacting services for clients.

Anna
Site Director in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

For CR

Comments: I have had a great overall experience with CentralReach. We are moving toward all data collection within CentralReach and I am excited to have one platform for all of our needs in the future.

Pros:

I love the ease of tracking information while maintaining confidentiality. I can see a live view of the schedule that lists tasks that are completed and tasks that need to be completed.

Cons:

I don't like that it is somewhat difficult to find certain documents once uploaded. Recent documents are easy to find, however documents that were uploaded months ago can be difficult to track down.

Brandi
clinical Behavior Analyst in US

Great Software

Comments: CR has been great. I love to use it. I use it daily and have no problems or difficulties with it.

Pros:

Software makes scheduling my work hours easily and converting my appointments are easy to do. Software is extremely user friendly for me who struggles with technology at times.

Cons:

I personally like the software and do not have any dislikes.

Elizabeth
Behavioral Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent Software

Pros:

It's easy to use, very efficient, reliable, functional and comes with so many features. I have used this software everyday, for the past 2.5 years and have not came across any issues. I highly recommend this software to anyone and everyone.

Cons:

I have not encountered any issues with this program.

Audryn
Student in US

CentralReach Review

Comments: Overall I would not recommend CentralReach. It is difficult to use and requires too many steps to get tasks accomplished. It is also quite expensive.

Pros:

I am not a fan of this product. However, it does have many features, including file storage.

Cons:

This product is not easy to use and is constantly evolving, which means you constantly need to learn how to use its features. There are way too many steps to get things done and it is very time consuming. It is difficult to learn and not easy to teach. It is also quite expensive compared to similar software. There always seems to be a glitch which also makes working with EHR very difficult.

Lauren
Registered Behavior Technician in US
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Great but mildly unreliable

Comments: I enjoy the system overall and the strive to forward progress. This is the only system I have used for mental health and data tracking. I recommend the product and only have an issue with the system going down.

Pros:

Ease of use and practicality for my job.

Cons:

There tends to be at most weekly and at least monthly system failures when I cannot access the data portion of my charts. This prolongs the reporting procedures and can effect the accuracy of my data.

Nic
CEO in US

I do not recommend

Pros:

Cons:

Frequent problems with servers being down, slow processing, and more recently missing data.

April
Behavior specialist in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Central Reach

Comments: I enjoyed central reach especially when you understand how to utilize it a manipulate it to visually show what you need it to. It is a very functional software but it was a longer process to complete some things.

Pros:

I like the collapsible “trees” and how you can organize programming. I also like the graphing capabilities.

Cons:

I didn’t like the tedious billing process when billing insurance.

Karen
Developmental Specialist in US
Individual & Family Services, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of use

Pros:

Once you were proficient in it it was easy to use .

Cons:

It was difficult not being able to correct mistakes you knew you made without going through the HR department

Kira
Authorization Specialist in US
Medical Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Central Reach

Pros:

I like the versatility of it. The way what I am doing can be achieved by several different approaches

Cons:

Much can be added and improved. Several functions could be better thought out