• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About PowToon

Powtoon's all-in-1 platform makes it easy to create customized videos! Create Your Own Video & Dynamic Presentation. Quickly. Easily

Learn more about PowToon

Ummar H.
Hosting Manager
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2020

"Interactive Animated Presentations"

Comments: Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Pros: Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

Cons: It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2020
Mich M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Powtoons is Amazing"

Comments: I have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.

Pros: This is a super simple app to create fun and vibrant communications pieces either with cartoons or video.

Cons: I think customer service could be much better. I don't think I've ever gotten ahold of a live person.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Riley R.
Sales Rep/ Marketing Director
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Powtoon"

Comments: Not great they say they would be creating new content and we have had the service for 6 months with absolutely no content updates

Pros: You can put multiple layers of text on one slide and customize where it will show up.

Cons: They have absolutely zero content. They say they have marketing videos but they are only 10 seconds long and random. We no longer use this software.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Alain jove R.
Freelancer
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"Powtoon for Power Cartoon Graphics"

Comments: Overall, it is really fun putting crazy ideas to life in this app. The templates save time from creating your own vector graphics and animation, or toying around with other photo or video editing/ creation tools which is very taxing when time is of the essence. The output looks fantastic as it is very smooth and the resolution is really fitting for any setup such as branding of products, personal promotions, and any other creative endeavors.

Pros: This is an outstanding app that I've used and is still using since it has powerful customizable templates for designing cartoon storyline. As opposed to just comic style speech bubble presentation, this brings more life to it than the old school approach. Although it still works, the this new approach works better and provides more life - but most of all, an eye catcher to the social media age of today. I like this app because it provides a lot of customizable templates for characters, backgrounds, props, images, and other elements. All of them are customizable down to changing the character's gender and outfit, sceneries that change as your storyline progresses, moving objects like cars and buses, including other animated elements like traffic lights and blinking lights. In addition, you have several audio to choose from to fit the storyline, and has several zoom/pan effect for added touch.

Cons: In my opinion, your own imagination is the only thing that hinders you from getting into your end product. If you're stuck, you can always do a Google lookup and find ideas from other Powtoon animations to keep you going with your project. As far as loading times are concerned, there is no lag at all even if the elements already stack up.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
Natalie W.
managing director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"If you want easy animation software for presentations look no further!!"

Comments: Excellent!! creating meaningful videos that are young people friendly has been so much easier with this software.

Pros: This has been a recent addition to us, we came across it by accident looking for new characters for our powerpoint videos. This software has everything prepared and ready to go, with any type of animated creation it still takes time but having all the tools built-in ready and to hand saves a lot of time and frustration. Creating mini-presentations for young people has been a lot easier since we signed up.

Cons: The only con I have is that there could be more ethnic characters, this can be a little limiting for us as most of our client base are ethnic we like to use characters that look like them.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Cleo H.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Not really useful unless you go Pro+"

Comments: It's really easy to quickly create something that's, let's be honest, kind of corny, but for many situations that's fine. The tools are a joy to use and you can add your own artwork so you aren't really that limited. My biggest complaint (as I mentioned above in Cons) is that the tools are corrupted by the upsell items for Pro+. Just don't show me Pro+ features if I've already paid for Pro. Or at least give me a way to turn them off. Find another way to upsell.

Pros: Seriously easy to use. Using a template with its own audio, I was amazed at how smoothly the audio adjusted as you changed slide lengths. The tools are intuitive and things [transitions, modifications, adding/removing time, etc.] that are difficult in a lot of video editing packages are simple. There may be fewer features to tweak but in some ways that what makes it so easy to use. I like that you can add your own graphics - this makes it a powerful base if you want to deviate from the more cutesy look that's provided by default.

Cons: I'm constantly annoyed at the ongoing upsell to Pro+. I'm tricked into being disappointed at every turn. Choices of characters, items, templates, etc are shown but often it's not until you click on them that you discover they are only available to Pro+ plans. In a grid of possible templates, there were 54 Pro+ I couldn't use - I had to scroll over each one to discover they were Pro+. I asked Support if there was a way to hide the features that I couldn't access (turn off all Pro+) but they said no. Paying over $200 for Pro seems like a lot these days and I would be more satisfied with my purchase if I weren't constantly shown all the things I can't get with that money.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Binyamin K.
Farmer
Farming, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2019

"Expected A Lot But Disappointed"

Comments: If you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.

Pros: Using Powtoon a marketer can, at an affordable price, tell the story behind their company and their product in such a way that it comes alive and captivates the viewer. The animation becomes real and pulls the viewer in. It is a well constructed and professional tool. Besides conveying a story in a powerful way, Powtoon also imparts a feeling of professionalism. It shows the viewer that you as a company, as a product creator, cares and takes pride in that which you wish to sell/impart. It sends of message of creativity and above-and-beyond pride in your product.

Cons: Although I will be the first to admit that I am not tech savvy, nevertheless there are many products on the market that are made for people like myself, so much so that people are often amazed at how much tech I'm able to navigate with so little aptitude. However, Powtoon was not one of them. When I first discovered Powtoon I was excited, when I first logged-in to Powtoon I was revved up to start creating. From the get-go it was as if I was trying to climb a very tall and vertical wall. It was more than a bit frustrating, especially given that Powtoon was touted as an easy to use creation platform. If I had been heavily invested in learning to use Powtoon I'm sure I could have, but it clearly was going to take more than a day or two of serious learning. A learning curve I was not interested in pursuing.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2019
Ulises M.
Personal de apoyo
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Animated, creative and unique videos to develop your ideas"

Comments: An educator should always be preparing and never stop studying or preparing. That is why whenever I can take a course I do it in this case it was an elearning course and I was presented with this tool and from that moment on every occasion I can use it I develop my videos through it.

Pros: This tool is great since the environment is very friendly which allows us to devote to the development of the video without worrying about technical difficulties, as well as the possibility of inserting characters, templates and emoticons that allow us to draw the attention of the viewer by remembering that from time to time the viewer loses attention is why we have to find that in that moment that loses attention is also part of our explanation.

Cons: This tool has incredible potential to come to shape the ideas in unique and wonderful ways because in addition to having a large repertoire for the help of the video developer has the ability to add all that audiovisual element that we consider the only difficulty is that it is dependent of the Internet and without it you can not work but that reason does not detract from its great potential

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Ana H.
professor
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"I love how the presentations are, although it is not as fast to learn how to use it as I expected."

Comments: what most took advantage of this application was the use of storyboard because I did not have much knowledge in making animations of this type.

Pros: - It has very nice templates and the icons, images and shapes look very modern.
- I can use it for free, with some limitations of course.
- the elements on the screen are very well organized and have guidelines to correctly place what you want to show.
- allows you to share presentations or videos through popular social networks and download them in various formats depending on the type of account, for free accounts you can download it in ppt or pdf format.
- It has good tutorials to learn how to use the application and the help center is good.
- It allows to choose between several styles of presentations such as: real, infographics, cartoon, whiteboard and modern edge.
- The storyboard function is quite useful and practical since it adapts to the type of person who will make the presentation and guides you throughout the process.

Cons: - In spite of the tutorials and help it is not so easy to use it the first time, you have to dedicate a considerable time in learning how to make animations, if you are looking for something to make animated videos quickly this application or is for you.
- the free account only allows videos or presentations with a maximum duration of 3 minutes and pro and agency accounts are quite expensive.
- he does not have options of collaboration with other people for the edition.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Social Media Coordinator
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2018

"Fun way to create presentations that really grab people’s attention"

Pros: We all think it’s a really a fun and simple way to create professional-looking videos and infographics even for people without any design or technical background. If you’re familiar with PowerPoint, then it’s really easy to learn Powtoon but the result is something with a little more oomph.The presentations look very interesting and engaging with lots of nice options for backgrounds and animation. There are also pre-made templates available which look really appealing and are highly customizable.
There are plenty of tutorials available on the site and they break it down into bite-sized pieces. I also love the fact that I can chat directly with their customer support for help whenever a question or issue comes up.

Cons: It doesn’t allow for highly collaborative work just yet, but I am certainly hoping that this is something they are working on. I think that will streamline work for many people especially in terms of those who are working remotely but want to contribute to creating a presentation.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2018
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"A new, creative way to do aid presentations"

Comments: Great for aiding presentations

Pros: PowToon is a great software that one can use to create attractive, creative presentations using cartoon characters. The animations are fun and interesting and the great transitions make it more fun to watch and keeps your audience engaged, A major plus is that the character set is diverse and there are a lot to choose from. There is also lot of support and tutorials online for users to learn from.

Cons: Lovely software, but one of the cons that I encountered was that when my projects got too large, its seems to use a lot of CPU power because my computer lags. Another con, for those user who love freebies, the free version has a lot of restrictions.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Great Value Product"

Comments: Really helpful and very versatile. We had a great deal which made it a no brainer.

Pros: I like that it has lots of built in templates I can use as starters. I really like the explainer video templates. I use this for marketing, social media, paid campaigns, and internal customer support training.

Cons: I wish I could apply branding colors to a template without having to change every element. Then I could flip templates into production-ready products that much faster.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Jessica B.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Fantastic Support"

Pros: It is really easy to use!
I can use it for anything: in my work, in my personal life ...

Cons: I love this software! There is nothing I would change about this software!

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Powtoon Review"

Comments: I have used Powtoons for my professional life to create how to videos and instructional or educational information. It is really easy to use and engaging for people to follow along for a few minutes.

Pros: Powtoon's is a great software for creating free videos for instructional or educational purposes. There are other paid options, but for basic needs, the free version is great! They have templates and icons and music and more that is easy to plug and play! They also have a ton of free resources and webinars to help with development.

Cons: It can be a little time consuming in the beginning to set up the look and feel of your videos, but with time it becomes easier. Otherwise, it is very intuitive.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Chris R.
Instructional Designer
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Powtoon for Training Purposes"

Comments: Powtoon has revolutionized our ability to become video makers when no one on our team could make them. We attempted to do everything on Adobe but our learning curve was much shorter and needed something quick to produce professional quality videos. This was our answer.

Pros: Powtoon's templates have made video creation absolutely easy and helps us save time when projects needed to be completed yesterday. It is set up very much like PowerPoint. It only took a few hours to truly master how to use this great tool to create videos. As someone who has never created videos and needed to learn literally overnight, it made us look very professional to our stakeholders. They were very impressed with our ability to whip up the videos and elevated our status with the organization.

Cons: At times, it can be slow but I mostly blame that on our organization's network. With so many information security concerns as a small organization, we are very wary of cloud-based products.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Meiby P.
DOCENTE
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2018

"Use it to impact employees in your training"

Comments: The best way to quickly make an entertaining video for our training and human resources department. With powtoon we can generate motivating videos to improve learning indices

Pros: The best feature of the software is its easy to use, it is very intuitive since from the hundreds of screens they have, any person not vato or expert can create wonderful video animations in a few seconds. It also lets you import real videos to be complemented and animated. Our employees have liked the use we give in the instructions of each lesson or course.

Cons: the only disadvantage is that we always depend on an internet connection for their use could take a version desktop under user license. So that in the moments that we are without internet we can still use the great animation software

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018
Student
International Affairs, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2021

"A helpful tool for presentations"

Comments: It is very easy to use and the graphics are very nice.

Pros: Powtoon offers different features that are animated, which gives you the opportunity to create a very dynamic presentation.

Cons: There are some features that you have o pay for.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2021
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2018

"Use for promotion and training material"

Comments: If you need to create a lot in little time with high quality results, this is a great tool!

Pros: Best things about Powtoon are: Super easy to work with, easy to learn
Great formats you can use to work in
Many opportunities to combine different techniques (audio, video, pictures, icons, storytelling)
The ability to adapt anything in the timeline the way you want (overlap, animate, enter and exit settings)
Able do download into film, so you can combine it with material made in other tools
It is fast, no issues with waiting long to save the work

Cons: Maybe one thing I would like to be added is to be able to save powtoons online in folders and be able to change the order of powtoons displayed in the "my powtoons" page.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2018
Senior Manager
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Absolutely worth springing for a paid subscription"

Comments: Powtoon made our online content more fun and accessible than just text. Video really does improve engagement with students and we've had good success (based on the number of views of our Powtoon videos) with converting text-based instructions and tutorials to Powtoons.

Pros: Huge amount of templates that you can customize to your needs. Really impressed by the quality and range of different templates, characters, backgrounds, sound effects, etc. Absolutely worth paying for a premium subscription!

Cons: The basic templates can get you up and running quickly, but if you need to do any heavy customization it can be a bit cumbersome and eat up your time. Best to stick to a good template and not customize it too much.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Phil S.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"The easy way to do animated videos. No experience necessary"

Comments: It has been a great experience. I can create animated explainer videos in very little time that look very professional.

Pros: Powtoon is easy to use. I was able to set up an account and within 4 hours have an explainer video with a professional voice-over.

Cons: The initial versions were slow. That has been remedied in the latest versions. Sometimes if you forget to save you have a chance of losing your work.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Ahmed S.
Social media marketing and design expert
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2021

"Create high quality 2D animated explainer videos with characters for free now"

Comments: My overall experience has been an amazing one and it will always remain my go to software for creating good quality 2D animated videos

Pros: What I like the most about Powtoon is the fact that its the only animated video creation software that has a free version aswell while other similar softwares are only offering paid plans

Cons: There’s nothing I dislike about Powtoon but it would be really helpful if we could share videos to social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube directly from the app

• Reviewed on 06/02/2021
Practicante Comercial de Cuidado Personal
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2018

"The best animated presentation and video maker"

Pros: You can get out of the box and give a presentation in a new way. This platform helps you to create presetantions that everybody is going to love. They have presets videos that can help you to create yours. Whatever you think, you can do it over there.

Cons: There should be more actions for each character

• Reviewed on 22/10/2018
Adelyn C.
d.Leadership Co President
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2019

"Gets the job done"

Pros: I used this to make a promotional video for a topic and the templates were easy to use. The animation made the video more fun for the viewers and so the software definitely serves its purpose.

Cons: Because of its high function, Powtoon can often be extremely slow (especially because it's cloud-based). In addition, there's a lot of features that require a Premium account, which makes people who don't need Powtoon that often subject to this kind of a frustrating purchase decision. Plus, because the templates are so widely used, it's difficult to differentiate your own video from others.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2019
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Thank God we found this app to help us create amazing animated videos in no time!"

Pros: As an editor and graphic animator, I found in Powtoon a perfect tool to develop and animate dynamic, modern and very attractive videos in a fraction of the time it would take to do it with conventional animation tools. The app has a HUGE animated elements data bate, which also gets updated constantly. You can start your video from scratch or use the templates available for you... You can even upload your own videos or images and use them in the videos... Your imagination is the limit!

Cons: Only one thing to say... As many other online video tools, working with a lot of resources and heavy projects can make the page crash or go reaaaally slow... Event though the progress usually gets saved, it annoying to loose precious minutes reloading....

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Melissa L.
psychologist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"IS VERY GOOD"

Pros: Very good tool to make presentations, create videos I really like your mobile application is very good complement, it makes it easy to record the audio from my cell phone and pass it directly to my video on the PC.

Cons: Works correctly meets your fiancé I recommend

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018