Filter by:

• Overall

About PowToon

Powtoon's all-in-1 platform makes it easy to create customized videos! Create Your Own Video & Dynamic Presentation. Quickly. Easily

Learn more about PowToon

Patti S.
SAP Trainer and End User Support Specialist
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Fun and easy to use"

Comments: I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views.

I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Pros: Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

Cons: It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap.
I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times.
When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Manager, Instructional Design - Leadership and Talent Development
Restaurants, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Once you get the hang of it!"

Pros: The resources are constantly evolving - it's like i have a new bag of tricks every time I go to design with it. New layouts, fonts, images, etc. make everything really fun to use and fun for my clients to engage with. It is an easy way to inexpensively produce microlearning - added bonus that its visible without an LMS and can be used on the go. If you are experienced in Adobe Captivate, this design format would be very similar to the layers found in eLearning design - only in video layout.

Cons: I dont like the levels of access they make available. If you pay for it, you should have access to everything. Or, if it's not available for my level, dont put it in my design resources toolbox. I use something in a project only to learn that it's not available to me unless i go "pro".

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Adel K.
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Worth the investment, just a couple of functions needed"

Comments: I've been using Powtoon business since 2015, very satisfied with the product except for the mentioned cons above.
Anyone with a basic knowledge about video editing can use it, the platform is straight forward, pick an animation template, and start editing it or create your own from scratch.

Pros: -If you are used to any video software, Powtoon will be easy for you to use.
-A good library of scenes, props, sounds, text, sounds, shapes images...
-Export rendering time takes a couple of minutes.
-Good support: I just used it twice but the answers were fast and clear.
-Good pricing.

Cons: -No sound time line: if we insert a sound/music it plays on all the animation!
-The animation templates library is not often updated.
-The whole platform can be better: here, I'am talking about the navigation between the sections of the sites, for exemple, even as a paid member and connected to the account, I still see the pricing table and the front page etc, a bit confusing at first, but that's not a big deal.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
School Counselor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Use Powtoons to create engaging videos"

Comments: I learned about this program in grad school and I am thankful for it. I have been able to create videos and continue to use them for the past few years. Highly recommend

Pros: As an educator, I am constantly trying to engage parents and I often use Powtoons as a way to communicate with them. I have used this program to create videos on introducing them to stress management techniques, how to register for classes, and so much more. These videos are short and engaging for them.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve when using Powtoons; however, once you get use to it- it's very user friendly!

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2018

"Easy way to make engaging presentation"

Comments: This has completely changed the boring power point - our presentations are now fun.

Pros: This beats powerpoint by far! We can create fun, engaging presentations for students, work presentations, etc with templates or from scratch, but Powtoon always has enough fun assets to make it playful and engaging.

Cons: It would be nice if you could download the presentation files directly instead of waiting for it to process and send a download link to your email.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2018
Jeff A.
EdTech Coach
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Enhance Videos"

Comments: It is a fine product. Not hard to use, and for those that use it a lot would probably not mind the price.

Pros: This is an easy way to make a video look better. I am not a fan of all the types of graphics certain people use. But adding just simple features makes videos look a lot better and help users stay more engaged.

Cons: The price! Obviously I wish everything could just be free. I simply do not use it enough to actually pay monthly for it. I am not a huge fan of subscription type services. I would rather have a one time buy.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Ruth C.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2020

"Easy enough to produce videos"

Comments: Overall it's a fairly easy way to produce nice videos.

Pros: Without learning videography or anything like that, you can easily product smart videos that bring across your point well.

Cons: There was a pretty steep learning curve, and it could take a long time to get everything to work the way you want it to. I would like to see more flexibility with creating shapes the sizes you want rather than having to stick with the given aspect ratio.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2020
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Cool Video Ad Creator"

Comments: Overall, this site is amazing and has cool tools to use to create each ad that I want to create. It works smooth and I love how I can go through the site without complications. Powtoon is great for creators and bloggers.

Pros: This site is so amazing and interesting. I love how I can create animated videos and intro videos with this software. I haven't seen a site like this in a long time. I love making intro videos, but I don't like confusing ad creator software sites. This one wasn't confusing and it also made it simple to understand. I love how there are templates and I can plug my information into each template. I love how I can create posts and also social media posts for my blog pages. I love the option this site has to create presentations for your team.

Cons: I dislike the side toolbar that's on the dashboard. It seems like any other template site with that on the side. It would be nice to have that sidebar at the bottom or top of the screen. I just wish that part was a little different somehow.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2019
Natalie B.
Natalie B.
Owner CEO
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Cartoon Your Explainer Video"

Comments: Super easy to use. Great video quality. Multiple choices and options for your videos.

Pros: Powtoon is a super fun software to create explainer videos and promotional videos for your business. There are tons of options for videos and you can add in music, and so much more.

Cons: Honestly, this software is super fun and there really isn't anything I don't like about it.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Kathleen C.
Marketing Director
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/02/2020

"Animation Creation"

Comments: I started using Powtoon quite a while ago...before there were too many other similar apps. I think it remains at the top for the illustration-oriented videos, especially for explainer videos.

Pros: The templates are the best feature of Powtoon. You can easily put an explainer video together using the provided backgrounds and elements. The fact that some of the elements themselves are animated is fabulous. It's adds an additional level of "wow" to your videos.

Cons: There are too many images, props and scenes that are not available for all subscription levels. Even on the pro level, there are restrictions --for example, the number of high res exports you can do.

• Reviewed on 29/02/2020
Jr. Accountant Accounts Payable
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Great presentation software"

Comments: Good software to use for creating unique presentations.

Pros: I have not come across anything like powtoon before. Very unique when it comes to creating presentations. Allows you to grab the attention of anyone you are presenting to. It is very customizable and has a lot of templates as well. You can create a cartoon presentation which is different from your typical PowerPoint presentations. Good to make a lasting impression.

Cons: Nothing, great software that allows me to make affective presentations.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Lisa F.
Marketing Director
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"At your fingertips"

Comments: I have been using it consistently, 1-3 times a week for over a year. Very rarely do I run into a glitch. On occasion I'll have trouble uploading or downloading a video. It's never been something I couldn't rectify easily.

Pros: It was so easily available, easy to learn and helps me make incredible custom videos for marketing and teaching purposes

Cons: I wish there was more content available for the free service. There are options to upgrade which give you many more.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Sheza H.
Sheza H.
Content Writer
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2020

"Best Tool to Create Videos"

Comments: When talking about an overall experience, Powtoon is the best software to create videos quickly. It has a lot of animation effects and templates, which make it easy to create quick videos.

Pros: Powtoon is among the best software that helps you to create videos. I am not a graphic designer, but I can produce smart videos easily. I usually gift my clients with a video gift. And, they like it a lot. I take around 10 minutes to make an amazing video.

Cons: It hangs a lot, which makes it irritating. Other than that, I do not find any issue in this Powtoon software. Anyone can learn about it quickly.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2020
Mollie C.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Review from an Educator"

Comments: Overall, this is a good option for creating free videos in order to present information in engaging, bite-size pieces, once the learning curve is overcome.

Pros: This product creates eye-catching videos, with many options including audio and timed text. There are lots of styles, templates, and transition features to choose from in order to achieve the desired effect for any project.

Cons: Learning to use the tools to create the transitions and images necessary is not always user-friendly. While there is a help-center, not all of the tools and buttons are as obvious as they could be when it comes to editing.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Leann W.
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2020

"Must Have Tech Tool for Teachers"

Comments: Engaging videos for a technological savvy students!

Pros: This helped me so much with creating engaging videos for my students. We live in a world with technology everywhere and Powtoon has made it easier to create educational videos that are fun!

Cons: Learning all of the options and tools took a little while but once you learn the program it is quick and easy!

• Reviewed on 09/11/2020
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"Quick, easy and fun video making tool"

Pros: It is user friendly and has variety of tool and features to make your content effective and attractive. It is great value for money if you jump from trial to pro version. It has given me variety of options to choose from and has variety of characters and templates.

Cons: Pro version have better options then trial version whereas we can get these features from different softwares in free. It sometimes to get heavy on the web.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
Arman A.
operator
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2019

"Powtoon"

Pros: If you want to make a short animation this software may be the right one. The templates are divided into categories which makes the choice easier. One can add a music to the animation from the offered lists which are also divided into categories or add a music from the PC or from Dropbox or Google Drive. The result can be downloaded in PDF or PPT (Powerpoint) formats for free.

Cons: ..but the greatest con of this software is that one can't download the file, for creating which probably a lot of time was spent, in mp4 format, which is only available in paid mode, and a watermark will be seen in files created in free mode.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Myriam F.
Instructor
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"A handy tool with a learning curve"

Comments: My experience was somewhat positive. I liked the end-product. It will engage my primary audience, students, with cute visuals and animation. I can deliver content in a more approachable way.
I had to overcome frustrating glitches and spend a lot of time editing and synchronizing all the effects. The tool becomes easier to use with experience.

Pros: The software has many features available: images, script, links. If the user is prepared to invest time in polishing the video, the cartoon is an end-product that engages the viewer and delivers content effectively.

Cons: You have to invest time to learn the tool. Not all features are user-friendly. It does freeze on an older computer which does not have a good graphic card. It requires serious editing to synchronize voice over. Don't be tempted to use all the resources. It will clutter the final message.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Yanina K.
UX/UI Designer
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Easy to create animated videos"

Pros: With this software, our team is able to create excellent animated videos with amazing visual effects. Helpdesk helps to solve any problems.

Cons: There is no timeline for the audio track. Quite rarely updated library template animation. At first, it took some time to study software.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Mindy K.
Mindy K.
Special Education Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"A fun way to present information"

Comments: I would use Powtoon again. If I could convince my school to purchase the program, that would be even better. The students love the way they can interact with their presentation.

Pros: I gave my students a presentation assignment and told them they could use Powtoon as their mode of presentation. My students loved the examples on the website. Unfortunately we only had access to the free parts.

Cons: I completely understand that you have to pay to get the good stuff. This was hard on my students because they could see everything they wanted to use, but couldn't use any of it.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Arturo S.
Arturo S.
Field Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2018

"Create cool presentations and videos"

Pros: It is very helpful for making different work presentations with video. It has great templates that look professional even in the free version. You can upload your own images and content to create your videos from scratch.

Cons: The free version has a lot of limitations like the "Created with Powtoon" watermark that other similar softwares don't have.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2018
Factory Worker
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Wow! A Life Saver!"

Comments: Overall Powtoon is excellent and really heightens my presentations.

Pros: Powtoon is an awesome tool even if you do not upgrade to the paid version. The free version still allows you to create awesome Powtoon presentations that you can use as fun or in business as well.

Cons: There are a lot of features and to make really great Powtoon presentations you will need to dive into all that Powtoon has to offer.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Nicole D.
Nicole D.
Child Accounting Secretary
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2018

"Presenting in Style"

Pros: Powtoon allows for a unique twist on presenting. It offers its own format unlike its competitors. The free versions still has different styles and templates to offer as well.

Cons: A little confusing at first, but they do have enough resources, help, and tutorials available to get you started.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2018
Xisco B.
Director académico
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"I use powtoon in my english classes, it helps me a lot"

Comments: motivations, good feedback, work at home

Pros: It's so modern and exciting, my students are very motivated. I have a lot of positive feedback. Powtoon gives you the posibilty to send acces for your students to do their own videos.

Cons: Perhaps it's a little bit difficult to add a voice in the videos

• Reviewed on 20/12/2017
Lopaze L.
Lopaze L.
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Very creative video software"

Comments: Video marketing and presentations

Pros: Powtoon is a creative authoring platform empowering you to create animated videos and presentations. You don't have to be a techy.

Cons: Take sometime to get use to the software at first. Very creative once you learn how to manipulate the video features and benefits.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018