MediaShout software is perfect for our church

Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Ken P.
AVL Team Leader
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MediaShout feels like a really close knit community, where users support each other well, but also MediaShout 'the company', support their users well.
I love the software, and what we can achieve with it, in serving our church locally.

Pros: MediaShout is fully featured yet easy to use. It's easy to train on. Their support is second to none, and they really care about how the software works for you in your situation. They are passionate about making their software easy for us as users, to seamlessly support the process of worship and sharing the gospel.

Cons: I have no negatives about using and owning MediaShout.

Great presentation formate

Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Keith G.
Student life pastor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Are use it in two separate ministries elementary and junior high and off-campus events like camps and retreats

Pros: It is very easy to use I do elementary kids ministry and my kids are able to maneuver around mediashout and use it during our celebration services

Cons: There are several updates a year called builds That must be manually updated. I did have a glitch in my program that stumped the media shout team and was in unable to be fixed at this time

by Wordsmith on 07/08/2019

Hey Keith! Thanks for the positive review and insight! You're right those builds are updates for the program where we release improvements, new features, etc. Users can run on the one they have if they want but we do always encourage you to move up to the newer builds when it's convenient, to take advantage of all the improvements. Now that MediaShout 7 is out, the updates will be few for MediaShout 6- only on an as needed basis. But we will continue rolling out new features for Version 7. One cool difference though is with the new MediaShout 7, we are going to be able to simply release new PLUGINS instead of updates to the entire program, once the framework is satisfactory. That way users won't have to update the whole thing, but just install new plugins that are of interest to them! Regarding the glitch or issue- I'm looking all over but can't find any details. If you have the time, feel free to check in with our team to see if maybe we have an answer for you at this point. Thanks!

Good product, could still use some work

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Michael S.
Co-Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using MediaShout weekly since 2009. I've learned most of the tricks, bugs and shortcuts to the older 4.5 version, but I haven't really tried version 6 a ton because I can't get it to do what I want all the time.

Pros: Very easy to add lyrics to the presentation, integrated nicely with other products most churches probably use anyways.

Cons: I am currently using version 6 and version 4.5. I am sticking with 4.5 for now because I can't find a good way to use my keyboard on version 6. In version 4.5 you can use the arrow keys to navigate the cues without firing them, then hit enter on the one you want to fire to the presentation. Maybe I just don't know how to use the newer software, but it feels a lot harder to control since I'm using my mouse a lot more. (on my laptop I want to stay away from the trackpad as much as possible!) You can go through (sort of) the cues with your arrow keys but enter isn't the way to fire the cues, and I have a lot of volunteers that help me out with running media, so I want things to be as simple as possible but also flexible enough to skip cues if need be, so telling them to just press spacebar isn't always the best way to do it either. There's also some overall clunky things in the newer version with editing songs and text cues and how it reformats when you try to repaginate things to your liking. It looks like a nice try, there's just enough finnicky things about it to keep me tied to the older, slower 4.5 version for now.

by MediaComplete on 19/11/2018

We appreciate the feedback. V6 is a little different- it puts more at your fingertips without going to different layers to edit. Multiple parts of the program are "active" at the same time. We tried to allow for things like entering numbers and pressing enter to fire, but the challenge was that commands were being sent to the editing functions and not just to the control functions. However, there are a couple of ways to navigate and fire cues such as the F7 and F9 keys, or like you said, the space bar. You can even assign custom keys. You only need to click to jump to out of order. I do realize that is common, so I hear you. For text editing, be sure you have page breaks inserted (Ctrl + Enter or right click and select "Page Break" in a text box). This keeps your pages split as you want, regardless of changes to text size or text boxes for instance. Let our support know (mediashout.com/support) if you have specific questions so we can help. Thanks again!

Customer service/support is amazing! First time user or an experienced user, they've got your back!

Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Rita C.
Visual Technicician [Volunteer]
Customer Support

Pros: First and foremost, their customer service / support is the best. Any issue (my own or theirs) I've ever had the MediaShout team has effectively and efficiently solved to my utmost satisfaction. The team is very knowledgeable about their software, know it inside out, and are on top of their game with it. [No non-english speaking people reading from a script with these guys!] They are tirelessly patient and extremely concerned with making sure my experience with MediaShout is the best they can make it. That alone makes the money spent on the software well worth it! Secondly I love that I can edit the presentation on the fly and live. My Pastor has a tendency to ask for something to be done right BEFORE service starts. Can you show this? Can you add this scripture? You can do all that easily during service with just a few clicks! We couldn't do that before. It's a win/win for us. Pastor's happy and we're happy! And thirdly, I love that I can now spend more of my time focusing on the pictures / graphics that I want to use instead of spending the majority of my time on formatting and setting up road maps for our worship songs. MediaShout allows you to format the entire cue or script easily! Setting up road maps [that my worship leader changes each time we sing it] is a breeze. Just drag and drop everything in the order you want it and wallah! And the best part, with the words showing up on the stage with the next line feature, MY team thinks I'm a rockstar!

Cons: I don't like that the main stage and the stage are tied so closely together when creating lyrics. I'm very anal about word placement in regards to the picture / graphic I am using. One slight change on the main effects the words on the stage as well as the next line feature. I know I can use the alignment buttons the software provides, but like I said, I'm anal about word placement. I would also like the ability to change the position of the words that show on the stage without it affecting the words or the next line feature as well. Although the MediaShout customer service is top notch and the support they offer is the best service around, I do wish their user forum was a bit more active. You can learn a lot about how to use a program more effectively by communicating with other end users. I have yet to find a forum within [or without] MediaShout that actively offers this valuable resource.

Amazing but buggy

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Greg W.
Pastor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love​ the flexibility and creativity it offers.

Pros: I love being able to put video backgrounds behind lyrics on slides. It's a such cool effect. MediaShout is an amazing tool for presentations. I especially appreciate the song & scripture libraries that are independent of any backgrounds.

Cons: I find that MediaShout crashes often. It's more reliable during presentations, but when I'm adjusting the slide order or making other changes, especially with video, it's still buggy.

by Wordsmith on 24/07/2019

Thanks for the encouraging review and using MediaShout! We're sorry for any trouble you're having with crashing. With our version 6, it is a pretty solid program and we don't see that often except for cases where the PC isn't quite up to spec, or maybe there's some system issues that need to be addressed. Our great support team is here for you if you connect with them on mediashout.com/support. I would bet we could resolve just about any crashing issue if your computer meets requirements. On another note, our NEWEST version, Version 7 blows just about every software out of the water in terms of stability, and I'd encourage you to check it out. There's less to worry about when it comes to Windows updates, display settings, external video codes-- we've simplified it and put it all in the box so MediaShout can be self sufficient and less susceptible to external system issues. Give it a try on www.mediashout.com/trial to see what it's all about!

We have been using it in our church for about 4 years. It has really enhanced our worship services

Reviewed on 22/06/2018
Dee dee L.
Volunteer
Customer Support

Pros: Mediashout visually enriches our Sunday morning worship experience. ** Our pastor uses sermon graphics or short video clips to support various sermon points. It is easy to import these into the script for him. **We love the time saving option of downloading scripture and song lyrics. ** We have an awesome choir that does special performances such as an Easter Cantata or Christmas concert. It is so easy to attach the background music mp3 to a title slide and then go right into beautiful graphics which visually support the song. **It is very easy to use MediaShout to set the mood for a special service -- especially more pensive services such as Maundy Thursday, Good Friday or our Blue Christmas service. **We've done some beautiful memorial services using customized slide backgrounds and photo slide shows with music behind the pictures. They are very easy to accomplish with MediaShout. **It is fun and easy to incorporate music lyric videos into our contemporary Wednesday evening service, using all or part of a video or even stopping it in the middle and restarting later. **We can import an picture of something that happened earlier in the service (i.e. a Baptism) and show it on the screens as a closing slide -- that's how easy it is. **The Customer Support team is A--mazing!! They ALWAYS go out of their way to help and advise us. ** We are an all volunteer team of 4 people, ages 65 to 80!!! If we can use this product, anybody can!

Cons: The learning curve from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6 was pretty steep. We had some frustrations making the switch. MediaShout 6 has had a few glitches, most of which have been fixed with upgrades. Customer Support has been awesome throughout it all.

Mediashout v5/v6

Reviewed on 01/10/2019
Bradley C.
Worship Production Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I loved how fast I could set up a service, we used this 6 days a week and it went from taking me 2 hours a day to 15 minutes! The thing that has kept me is the customer service the staff are always friendly and helpful and if they can't figure out my problem they won't stop until it's done.

Cons: some times things don't work the way they should or little bugs here and there specifically with aligning text. but usually, a quick reboot and it's fixed.

I love MediaShout. It is excellent church presentation software

Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Gary B.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software helps to enhance the spread of important information, it helps to enhance worship services, and is very cost effective.

Pros: I love the numerous features and options that help to make for a vibrant worship service. Most of all, I love the wide selection of Bible translations that are available without the need of having to purchase a separate license for each translation. This is really the main reason that we chose MediaShout above the others.

Cons: It can be a bit complicated to operate the software. Stability is a bit of an issue. Even with a powerful machine, it may crash from time to time.
I am not thrilled with the past licensing model that at times necessitated having to potentially purchase a new license if a computer crashed. It would be nice to have an option where licenses could be activated/deactivated via a secure login. However, I think that the new licensing model which makes it more cost effective just to purchase unlimited licenses will remedy this issue.
Finally, upgrade pricing is too high.

by MediaComplete on 08/06/2018

Hey Gary,

Thank you for the review! We've found MediaShout to be a very stable program among church presentation software. Occasional crashing can normally be attributed to outdated graphics drivers, implementation of PowerPoint or mis-matched codec settings.

We also look forward to the day when users can deactivate "dead" computers via their secure logon to their MediaShout account. It is unfortunate that computers can become unusable before you have a chance to deactivate. In that instance, just give us a call -- or submit a ticket or chat -- and let us know the name of the computer in question and we will deactivate it on our end, opening that activation up for your later use. It wouldn't necessitate purchasing another activation to use on the replacement computer.

Again, thanks, and be blessed!

Freezes and crashes

Reviewed on 06/05/2019
Wendy P.
Church Projection manager
Civic & Social Organization, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, our church has been very impressed and satisfied with this program. It's the glitches tied to program freezes that distracts from Sunday services.

Pros: While there are many fine tuning details to learn, this is a user friendly program that provides lots of options for professional quality presentations. It's relatively easy to teach someone how to run a presentation once it's been put on a script and that's important with a team of church volunteers who rotate from week to week. We've used this software for over seven years and it serves our projection presentation needs remarkably well.

Cons: I, personally, still much prefer the format of the MS 5 to the MS 6 version and so do the volunteers at our church. It's just a simpler screen to look at and find things and I'd suggest that Media consider giving users the option of which design format layout they'd rather use. The biggest problem we've had with both versions came when we moved to High Definition Resolutions and file sizes and, despite trying to troubleshoot with Media Shout, we continue to have frequent crashes on larger background files, particularly video files. We're using many of the same graphics as we did at lower resolutions but upping the screen resolutions has led to far more crashes.

The software is very powerful and has features for every size church and way/style of worship.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Mary W.
Visual Worship Leader
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software is built and designed for churches ... and allows me to support our worship services with spectacular visuals and a smooth running one hour services. The team of support people is outstanding. This software is the bomb and I love it.

Pros: It allows me to use beautiful motions as backgrounds and I can put text over the motions. It's easy to use and very well supported by a team of very knowledgeable and helpful Christian people. I don't use/need even half of the functionality but what I do use allows me to create wonderful hour-long services in a liturgical "high church" setting. I love my work as a visual worship leader and could not even begin to do my church justice without this wonderful and powerful software.

Cons: Same thing with all software I guess ... when big new releases come out, the learning curve is very rough. Part of that is on my shoulders because I'm not a young techy ... but wow sometimes I wonder why developers don't take into consideration the stress it creates and time required to have the user interface change so drastically that the user feels lost and has to start from scratch. And you know how much time we have on our hands. But, bottom line is the software and support is awesome and I love it.

Newly Designed User Interface Poor.

Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Richard K.
Outreach Pastor
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I want to remain on 4.5 which has an excellent interface without a steep learning curve. Pastors do not have the time to be techies. We need something that is stable. Unfortunately, Media Shout has taken 4.5 away making it impossible to use if reloading on a new computer.

Pros: Nothing. The learning curve of a new interface doesn't allow me to receive value from this product

Cons: User Interface. It's like a product I never seen though I've been a customer for 15 years.

by Wordsmith on 23/01/2019

Hi there! We're sorry to hear about the initial difficulty with V6. We know that with a new interface comes some time getting comfortable with it, and that time is valuable especially in ministry. However, this was one of those situations where to make it better all around (+ easier/faster to use), we had to make the jump to something new. What we've heard from lots of users so far is that it was worth getting to know the new layout, because they've now saved lots of time in the long run. After a few weeks, most say they're working faster than before because of the more intuitive controls with less clicks, less menus, and ultimately less obstacles to your work. Regarding V4, it will remain a MediaShout classic that has served us well, but unfortunately due to it being around 10 years old, certain components were not able to be kept up because of their age. Check you email, as we've sent you a link to some complimentary training for MediaShout 6 that can help bridge the gap!

Good but some issues

Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Jon C.
Lead Pastor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been long-standing MediaShout users, right back from version 3. We have loved it for its flexibility and for how easy it was to use. It was quick and simple to train people up on it. That was until we moved to version 6 when the programme became overly complex. Key features became hard to find and unnecessarily difficult to do. Version 7 is exactly the same. As a consequence we went back to version 5 until the old laptop packed up and we could no longer use our licence keys for it. We are very close to giving up on Mediashout and moving to an alternative because you've made it so hard to work. We would really appreciate some basic functionality to be restored to make the whole experience simpler and therefore more enjoyable, instead of tearing out our hair every time we use it.

Pros: Huge range of features making it very flexible for every context

Cons: Some key features were far easier to use on previous versions
Some tabs are not well laid out and key functions are sometimes hard to find
Some changes from previous versions are illogical and make the whole experience somewhat frustrating

Mediashout v6 supports almost anything we wish to accomplish as a church presentation program.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018
John B.
associate pastor/engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease with which a presentation queue can be constructed and displayed. All manner of media can be easily employed.

Pros: Ease with which a queue can be laid out and understood by a completely new operator. The addition of comments and sections keeps the clutter of a long program manageable. I also like the ability to immediately edit lyrics, to easily change backgrounds and to specify where I wish to place all of the various media in a networked drive which greatly simplifies backups. The operator interface seems well laid out for use in the service. The customer support is absolutely STELLAR. Extremely knowledgeable and curteous support persons smooth over any issues which could be otherwise frustrating. I love the tutorial videos which seem complete for most operations and is a great introduction to new users.

Cons: Somewhat inconsistent or confusing song editor when inputting/editing lyrics. Function key F8 sometimes will not stop a cue and sometimes the spacebar will not advance a page within a cue, but there are others ways to accomplish these. Dragging and dropping a media selection within a queue is a bit "touchy" and sensitive to small mouse motions. There have been a few annoying instances where the computer has "frozen" prior to a service while running Mediashout, but to be fair, these instances are few indeed and it is unclear where to place the blame. Technology is notoriously fickle.

Made my first custom count-down timer

Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I'm not usually the on-site tech guy for special events, but it happened to be me the other day. Among the inevitable last-minute requests was a count down timer to display on the main screens during intermission so everyone would know when it was time to continue the concert. But, they didn't want a generic video off youtube, they wanted something themed to match the event so it looked intentional. Now, I am not the regular Media Shout guy, in fact I don't think I had ever actually used it for a live event before. This responsibility falls on me so rarely that I usually just go with PowerPoint. I knew MediaShout had better tools for us, but never bothered to learn them, and I was more familiar with PowerPoint. But, a count down timer? I did a quick search on how to create a count down timer in our version of PowerPoint. After skimming a few steps in, I realized this was not the way to go. So, I opened up MediaShout to see what I could figure out. Oh, my, that was too easy. I dropped in a background to match the concert theme and added a count down timer, gave it a nice font and matching color. Ta-da. The event organizers were happy and it worked flawlessly.

Cons: Seems like this thing loads pretty slow. It's running on a good computer, but still seems like it takes forever to open and load up the file.

No longer using

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Paul R.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This was the cutting edge presentation software for churches when it first was released. Then ProPresenter came along and made everything easier.

Pros: The bible scripture feature was so easy to display verses from different bible translations.

Cons: It was not user friendly, especially for volunteers who weren't using the software enough to stay familiar with the layout.

by Wordsmith on 25/07/2019

Hey Richard! Thanks for your review. You're right, MediaShout was the "pioneer" of church presentation software with the first ever concept of being able to navigate slides in random order or use motion backgrounds even.

I wonder if you've seen our newer versions that came out around when ProPresenter was launched, and after? People say that our recent version 6, and especially our brand new version 7 are much easier than ProPresenter. We have folks switching all the time because MediaShout still allows advanced features, but doesn't take an advanced user skillset to be able to design and run. I'd recommend checking out this link to see a video of how you can setup an average church service in literally 7 minutes total, in fact: https://youtu.be/hBiXSn4cDGI And running it-- so easy that anyone could do it without ANY training (As a worship leader, I've personally had someone jump on 5 minutes before the service, who had never SEEN Version 7 before, and ran it with no trouble!)

Great Church Video Product

Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Richard D.
Video/Audio Team Leader & IT Support
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I would say that the one thing I like most about the software is interacting with the Support Staff. They have always been there with correct and timely solutions to any problem we have encountered. While most of these have been operator error or not knowing the right steps. Secondly the software has been rock solid in performing during our church services. We have been using the product from MS v4 through MS v6 and it has worked extremely well. Our video team are all volunteers. We have all been able to learn it very quickly and without a lot of trouble using the online videos.

Cons: The only glitch, and I don't think it is with MS v6, is copying text from a MS Word document the font would change from what was shown in Word into a different font in MS. It would take some extra steps to get the correct font in our script.

Amazing Presentation Software

Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Alwin A.
AV Technician
Customer Support

Pros: The program is very easy to use and covers all our needs as a church. Being able to show lyrics and Bible verses and ppts seemlessly makes MS6 worth it. Being able to open multiple presentations is a useful new feature.

Cons: We have encountered random crashes and bugs in the program. Even those are rare, it does get annoying if that happens during service. When moving between decks, it feels like MS6 is moved backwards in comparison to MS5 and MS4. Being able to skip slides without having to use the mouse is very useful to our church and using the arrow keys then entering was a valuable feature that was lost. Finally, an update to the Android version of MSRemote to match the iOS would improve our experience.

by MediaComplete on 08/06/2018

Hey Alwin,

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry you've encountered occasional "buggy" crashing issues. I would mention that crashing, though rare, is often caused due to a Windows Update changing settings in your machine. As a software, MediaShout is supremely stable and will only crash, for instance, if you have outdated video card drivers, PowerPoint implementation, or mis-matched codec settings. When something like that happens, reach out to us -- submit a ticket, get on our chat line, etc. We're here to help!

Thanks, and be blessed!

5 was great but 6 stinks

Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Gary V.
pastor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Does what I need it to do in setting up worship media. My experience was great for versions 3-5. They just really screwed up version 6. It does it all, but in the most cumbersome way.

Pros: It will do all sorts of things, pretty much anything you want.

Cons: I've used Media shout from versions 3 through 6. 5 was great - I loved it. Easy to use. Virtually no learning curve. Very intuitive. Then someone decided to make major changes on version 6. Very cumbersome. Hard to figure out. Not intuitive at all. I actually hate it, but have not choice but to use it. Even after nearly 2 years, I still can't stand version 6. One of the most annoying is that things like column width on the screen, remote on/off, preview screens, compact script - none of those things save with the program. So if you have to do a quick reboot, the program comes up with several things you then have to do in addition in order to be back to where you set it. The lyric setup - entering your own lyrics - is really cumbersome. Seems like the program is friendly to those who use the lyric service, but hard for those who want to do their own lyrics from scratch.

Have been using for more than 5 years and it does not disappoint in any way

Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Dennis C.
EnonUMC Tech Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use and reliability are the main benefits. I also have always been impressed with the customer support. The way they have always understood what I am going through in my weekly schedule here at my church, understood my issue with me having to explain several times and helped me solve that issue.

Pros: Ease of use for my volunteers; Personal touch from customer support and that they understand my needs; Always ahead of my need with the functionality of the software.

Cons: Updates for the software seems to come out more often than I would like. Because I have volunteers that run the software in two services weekly (4 volunteers swap out weeks), they barely get used to the look and the feel of the program when it is time for the latest update and changes and the learning starts all over.

Mediashout

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Ruth R.
Volunteer
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I liked how easy it was to use and train volunteers. Also the ability to edit during service was helpful

Cons: That you can't rotate pictures and inability to add more than 1 chapter of scripture in a cue

by Wordsmith on 26/07/2019

Hey Ruth! Thanks for taking the time to review. Good news for you- MediaShout does allow you to rotate pictures in version 6 and definitely version 7! On V7, if you put your cursor around the corner of it, you'll see a rotate icon come up and you can click and hold and move the mouse to do so. If you mean to rotate through pictures like a loop, you can do that too- now in the Plugins section on the top right. Click the cue you want to loop, click the Scenario plugin and check the box for advancing the cue, and set how many seconds you want.

For multiple chapters of scripture- in the past versions of MediaShout you had to do these as separate cues but not in version 7! You should be able to use the text bar at the top of the insert bible window after you've picked your first chapter, to add verses from any other book or chapter along with them. Let our support know if you can't find it!

My MediaShout

Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Kathy L.
Minister's wife and Audio/Visual Technician
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have had Mediashout for over 5 years and the devlopers continue to update and improve the product. Purchasing the premium help has made a difference in my stress level coming in on Sunday morning and not having to worry that I can't get help with a last minute problems.

Pros: My favorite thing about the software is the ability to change my presentation on the fly! Incorectly spelled words, wrong bible verse or version. This is one the main reasons we purchased this software.

Cons: The link to Songselect doesn't link. Freezing sometimes occurs in the middle of service and I have to reboot. This issue has greatly improved with the information provided under knowledge base for updates to Codec.

by MediaComplete on 11/10/2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! Like so many other churches, we are pleased that you have had a great experience with MediaShout.

This morning, we were able to talk on the phone and you mentioned that the SongSelect issue cleared itself up about a month ago. Because we have not received calls on this issue, we are curious if it was an issue outside of MediaShout. If you are experiencing any issues whatsoever, we are here to help. God bless you and your ministry.

Our church uses this software every week and it's got all the features we need, and then some.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Heather S.
Media Tech
Customer Support

Pros: The MediaShout people are super helpful and are constantly working to improve their product. They don't sell you something and then leave you hanging. One time I sent in a question just before the holidays. I got an answer as soon as the office was open after Christmas was over. I followed the instructions step by step and it totally fixed my problem. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, quick to respond, and speak my language. Oh, and they love the Lord Jesus Christ and live to serve him, and in so doing, they help us and they help meet the needs of the churches that buy their product.

Cons: Rather a steep learning curve, but that's because there are so many features to learn. So it's sort of a con but not really. If you have the time to learn the software, you will NOT be disappointed! There are glitches with every software program and MediaShout is no exception. However, if you call for help right away they can either help walk you through the fix or give you a workaround.

Church Media on a Budget

Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Accountant
Real Estate, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used multiple versions of this software for about three years. The upgrades were better each time they came out. After the learning curve, the software is easy to use. That being said, there are better options out there if you're willing to spend a little more.

Pros: MediaShout had great customer service that understood what our church needed from the software. Overall, it was pretty easy to use. It came with a number of backgrounds and Bible versions preloaded in the software.

Cons: While the software was easy to use, there is a somewhat steep learning curve. For the price, it lacks some major features other worship software options. Depending on your situation, the extra money might be worth it. The major con is that each song must be manually entered. If this has been modified in a recent update, please disregard this con.

by MediaComplete on 27/08/2018

Thank you so much for your review! Since version 4 (2009), songs no longer have to be manually entered. With our SongSelect integration, its a breeze to add in lyrics! We would love to also know what major features it lacks. It could be that they are simply overlooked as we have features that no one has. Let our support team know if we can help further!

Media Shout Review

Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Jim G.
Music Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mixed bag. Great when it works. The software defaults to single screen mode when something else outside of MS is projected and requires the computer to be set to duplicate the control screen rather than Extend.This causes confusion when we switch back to MS and set the computer back to Extend.

Pros: Functionality. Does things I can't do with other presentation software. I like especially the timed advance feature.

Cons: Problems caused by unexpected and seemingly random behaviors. Specifically, the timed advance feature doesn't behave consistently. I get a cue set up with pages that advance perfectly, and then the next time I run the script, significant time has been added to some of the pages.

Full-featured program for your church screens

Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I confess, I haven't actually been behind the wheel driving it during a service, but I've installed it and tested it and talked with support. It's a great product with a great company behind it and an excellent value. You could just use PowerPoint, but this thing is optimized for showing stuff on a screen during a church service, and seems to have all the bells and whistles you could need. When I've needed support, they've been incredibly, well, supportive. Actually, the last couple times I needed support, I went to their website to look for how to contact them and instead quickly found an article with exactly the information I needed to make sure everything would be solid for Sunday. We use it to power three video outputs - the main screens up front, the control interface in the booth, and a confidence monitor on the back wall so the people on stage can see what's coming up next.

Cons: I've had trouble wrapping my brain around all the features and how to setup the presentation, or script, or whatever its called, but the guys that actually use it during the service seem to have picked it up just fine without a problem. Oh, and there's a slight lag on the confidence monitor. Seems like it doesn't change until it's done with the transition on the front screens.