• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About MediaShout

Church presentation software to show lyrics, Bibles, announcements, and nearly any media file. Plus, amazing support options available.

Learn more about MediaShout

Showing 25 reviews of 290

Gary B.
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"I love MediaShout. It is excellent church presentation software"

Comments: This software helps to enhance the spread of important information, it helps to enhance worship services, and is very cost effective.

Pros: I love the numerous features and options that help to make for a vibrant worship service. Most of all, I love the wide selection of Bible translations that are available without the need of having to purchase a separate license for each translation. This is really the main reason that we chose MediaShout above the others.

Cons: It can be a bit complicated to operate the software. Stability is a bit of an issue. Even with a powerful machine, it may crash from time to time.
I am not thrilled with the past licensing model that at times necessitated having to potentially purchase a new license if a computer crashed. It would be nice to have an option where licenses could be activated/deactivated via a secure login. However, I think that the new licensing model which makes it more cost effective just to purchase unlimited licenses will remedy this issue.
Finally, upgrade pricing is too high.

by MediaComplete on 08/06/2018

Hey Gary,

Thank you for the review! We've found MediaShout to be a very stable program among church presentation software. Occasional crashing can normally be attributed to outdated graphics drivers, implementation of PowerPoint or mis-matched codec settings.

We also look forward to the day when users can deactivate "dead" computers via their secure logon to their MediaShout account. It is unfortunate that computers can become unusable before you have a chance to deactivate. In that instance, just give us a call -- or submit a ticket or chat -- and let us know the name of the computer in question and we will deactivate it on our end, opening that activation up for your later use. It wouldn't necessitate purchasing another activation to use on the replacement computer.

Again, thanks, and be blessed!

Richard G.
tech support
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"Good product for our Church"

Comments: We have been using it for years for our Church's audio/visual.--Display presentations (church services and special services) needs.
Started with Version 3 many years ago.
We have had problems/bugs, but there support staff has prevented catastrophes.
Newbies might want consider Support Plus at least for a while.

Pros: It does what it is designed to do.
Learning curve isn't overwhelming.
Support people are EXCELLENT.

Cons: They rely a lot of video training. I would like to have a more in depth manual.
Although not the fault of Mediashout, Using Powerpoint slides can be problematic. We do fine with Powerpoint 2007 and 2010. Changes made by Microsoft prevent us from updating to newer Microsoft Office.

by Wordsmith on 07/02/2020

Hey Richard! Thanks so much for taking the time to review. We take pride in listening to feedback from users and responding when we can. I wanted to let you know we do have a new PDF manual we're about to put out for MediaShout 7, AND our very next update issues improvements to one of our Powerpoint import mechanisms (which of course has been challenging with all the changes to MS Office). Feel free to check it out when it releases (it will be announced via email) and get with our support if needed!

• Reviewed on 28/01/2020
Ruth R.
Volunteer
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Mediashout"

Pros: I liked how easy it was to use and train volunteers. Also the ability to edit during service was helpful

Cons: That you can't rotate pictures and inability to add more than 1 chapter of scripture in a cue

by Wordsmith on 26/07/2019

Hey Ruth! Thanks for taking the time to review. Good news for you- MediaShout does allow you to rotate pictures in version 6 and definitely version 7! On V7, if you put your cursor around the corner of it, you'll see a rotate icon come up and you can click and hold and move the mouse to do so. If you mean to rotate through pictures like a loop, you can do that too- now in the Plugins section on the top right. Click the cue you want to loop, click the Scenario plugin and check the box for advancing the cue, and set how many seconds you want.

For multiple chapters of scripture- in the past versions of MediaShout you had to do these as separate cues but not in version 7! You should be able to use the text bar at the top of the insert bible window after you've picked your first chapter, to add verses from any other book or chapter along with them. Let our support know if you can't find it!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Gary V.
pastor
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"5 was great but 6 stinks"

Comments: Does what I need it to do in setting up worship media. My experience was great for versions 3-5. They just really screwed up version 6. It does it all, but in the most cumbersome way.

Pros: It will do all sorts of things, pretty much anything you want.

Cons: I've used Media shout from versions 3 through 6. 5 was great - I loved it. Easy to use. Virtually no learning curve. Very intuitive. Then someone decided to make major changes on version 6. Very cumbersome. Hard to figure out. Not intuitive at all. I actually hate it, but have not choice but to use it. Even after nearly 2 years, I still can't stand version 6. One of the most annoying is that things like column width on the screen, remote on/off, preview screens, compact script - none of those things save with the program. So if you have to do a quick reboot, the program comes up with several things you then have to do in addition in order to be back to where you set it. The lyric setup - entering your own lyrics - is really cumbersome. Seems like the program is friendly to those who use the lyric service, but hard for those who want to do their own lyrics from scratch.

Dennis C.
EnonUMC Tech Director
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Have been using for more than 5 years and it does not disappoint in any way"

Comments: Ease of use and reliability are the main benefits. I also have always been impressed with the customer support. The way they have always understood what I am going through in my weekly schedule here at my church, understood my issue with me having to explain several times and helped me solve that issue.

Pros: Ease of use for my volunteers; Personal touch from customer support and that they understand my needs; Always ahead of my need with the functionality of the software.

Cons: Updates for the software seems to come out more often than I would like. Because I have volunteers that run the software in two services weekly (4 volunteers swap out weeks), they barely get used to the look and the feel of the program when it is time for the latest update and changes and the learning starts all over.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Mark S.
Pastor of Discipleship
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"User of Media Shout 10 yrs, I love that it incorporates many file formats into a Worship Service."

Pros: The easy to use 'drag and drop script' format and pre-installed songs, video backgrounds and Bible translations are a huge help for any church (especially smaller staffed churches like mine.) Whether you utilize all of the great features or only have time to create a simple Worship presentation, Media Shout proves to be much more user friendly and cost effective than Power Point or other affordable presentation software.

Cons: With occasional 3rd party updates, I have had to unexpectedly had to contact their excellent customer service to discover temporary work-arounds to allow Media Shout to continue to work well until their patch is completed (always in a timely manner, but never quick enough for that Sunday morning). Fortunately, their customer support is available on Sunday mornings for those few but vital times needed.

Debra B.
Administration assistant
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"Just so much fun to use!"

Comments: I have used MS for 10 years and I have enjoyed watching it grow and flourish. Easy to learn, easy to expand knowledge and fun to play with. Not a whole lot of issues. Just keep your computer current!

Pros: With ease, you can use this. Any level from beginner to advanced will have no trouble using this product.

Cons: There aren’t enough videos to find out about the little known features! I learned how to find out where your backgrounds are being read by watching the support go in to missing media. More vids, please!

Troy T.
Lead Pastor
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Hopeful"

Comments: It's getting better as we learn workarounds to issues that we experience.

Pros: It doesn't operate on a per month fee. Being able to own it is refreshing. It's fairly simple to use and learn as we have to teach many people to use it. Their customer service is fairly responsive (although the fact of the time difference between us and the eastern time zone limits it's availability substantially).

Cons: The newest version is more of a beta in process. Although they have offered an update that has stabilized some issues there are many that continue to degrade use and stability.

by Wordsmith on 10/02/2020

Hey Troy. Thanks for taking the time to review. We're sorry about any issues with the newest version you may have. The updates we've been able to do now that the new version is over around 8 months old have made it pretty "mature" in a sense we've eliminated 90% of any kind of issues, but there may be some more rare and random lingering ones. Our next update hopefully within a few weeks (this is written as of 2/10/20) will resolve some of those last remaining ones so overall it should be a very reliable and straight forward product for anyone wanting to jump on! As always, let our support know at [email protected] or our other avenues, if you need anything!

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Mark T.
Television Editor

"First Rate Support!!!"

Pros: I had questions about how to best create video content to be played on Media Shout. After a lot of questions on my part, I got very detailed, precise and easy to follow instructions from the technical support team that allowed my videos to be played easily and with great resolution. The videos were for my own father's funeral and the help I got took away my confusion and stress about the correct output resolutions and compressions. I was so worried that if I chose the wrong settings the videos wouldn't play. Instead, with your tech support it went so smoothly. I have been a broadcast television editor since 2001 and this has been the fastest and best tech support I have received in my entire career. Truly first class customer support!!!!

Cons: This software is wonderfully crafted for church presentations. It may not be the best solution for a large corporate event but similarly the software for corporate events won't be as good for your church as MediaShout.

Larry B.
Co-chair Board of Trustees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"I have used MediaShout since 2007 and have found it to be a robust program and easy to learn."

Comments: We are able to give worshippers a integrated way to speak to them which enhances the worship experience.

Pros: What I like most about the software is the options you have to easily mix your media types (text, fonts, graphics, etc.)

Cons: What I like least about the program is its' inflexibility to easily change the background on slides. This previously was super easy, but for some reason this option no longer exists as it once did.

by MediaComplete on 12/06/2018

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and will use it in future development to improve our product for the end user.

Regarding changing backgrounds on individual 'slides,' or pages, this can be accomplished by simply dragging and dropping (from your file browser) on to the pages you wish to change the background on. To change the whole cue, simply drag it on to the cue, inside the script.

I hope this helps in the use of MediaShout 6!

Again, thanks, and be blessed.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Nicholas C.
Minister
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"I have used Media shout for 10+ years."

Comments: Easy to use program that runs my church, meetings and more.
I even have older members who have learnt to use it as it was simple to run.

Pros: Ease of dropping all formats of files into a presentation and it all works. I can import files with not issues and it does the rest. I like how i can prepare a presentation at home and drop it onto the cloud and pick it all up at church with no issues.
The ability to download and set the format from song select is awesome. Simple importing of sog library.

Cons: Learning the new set out. Having used Media shout for many years the main work bench has changed too many times and not always for the best. The current version however is great and so much better than the previous versions. Keep the updates happening just do not change the main set up screen.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Shannon M.
Director of Audio Visual Team
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"Great product and excellent responsive support"

Comments: This is an all-encompassing solution for our church's projection needs. We are able to accomplish all of our projection from one central software solution

Pros: This product makes "live" presentations a breeze to prepare and operate. Takes about 20-25 minutes on an average Sunday morning to prepare the day's presentation. The operation of the software is quite simple and easy to use once you have a handle on how it works. It is great to be able to switch between Bible versions, PowerPoint! presentations, song lyrics and videos all in one "script".

Cons: It requires a certain level of expertise to operate and maintain, needing good training for newbies. Even for a "techie" it has some quirks that are not always intuitive.

Tim Z.
Youth Pastor
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Media Shout has been a standard for a while."

Comments: This kind of platform for multimedia is great. The database function and song database are fantastic.

Pros: This was such an upgrade over PowerPoint back when it started. Now, it continues to evolve with video, song, and slide presentations

Cons: What i like least is the text slide options. I don’t think this is its main purpose though. For me, it’s easier to use Keynote or PowerPoint for teaching and then put that into MediaShout.

by Wordsmith on 24/03/2020

Thanks Tim so much for the great review! If you haven't already, check out our newest version, MediaShout 7. The text editing is WAY simplified and functions similar to Powerpoint. So while you still have great features for lyrics and everything like always, there's tons of hands on editing you can do for text and objects on slides :).

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Nick S.
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Better Options Elsewhere"

Comments: We briefly used this to project worship slides and sermon slides.

Pros: The software is generally reliable with few glitches, especially on newer versions. It can be easily customized. Resource Light compared to some other options.

Cons: There are many better options available, and MediaShout hasn't exactly kept up with competition. Upgraded versions offer little in the way of new features, and the pricing isn't appealing when you compare what you can get for the same or less elsewhere.

by Wordsmith on 05/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to review. We are surprised to see the ratings on ease of use, etc. as we are continually hearing from users that MediaShout is among the easiest to learn of the presentation software options out there. Regarding price, we'd definitely recommend folks to do the research there and see that MediaShout is actually the best value available, period. With an unlimited site license included, and 70 Bibles in that package without paying extra, under a one time fee, it's really an all in one purchase. Many competitors require you to pay extra for each Bible version, or certain features. The only way you get by cheaper initially is to do a subscription plan with one of the other software options, but if you do the math, you're really starting to lose money between the 1 & 2 year mark. If anyone has questions, we're available and glad to answer any questions in an unbiased way at www.mediashout.com/support.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Mary S.
IT
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2018

"MediaShout for Church Worship and Messages"

Comments: We use Mediashout to project slides at Church for worship, including showing announcements before church and during, projecting a 5 minute countdown to show that church is about to begin. The message is more meaningful with images and scripture on slides for the ease of the audience to read. Every version gets easier to use. Especially happy with the new import feature to bring in whole slide decks from powerpoint without converting to jpeg first.

Pros: It makes setting up a slide deck to share worship songs, announcements, messages to be shown on a screen pretty easy.

Cons: When adding slides to a song, the background becomes invisible and i have to got to a previous slide and make visibility shown on all. Annoying.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2018
Renordna D.
MediaShout User
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: So far, MediaShout is a great program. We use it st my church and we're still getting used to it but working with it hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had a few hiccups but it wasn’t anything that the support team couldn’t solve.

Pros: I love the user friendly software. It was easy to install and the setup is easy to navigate.

Cons: No cons at this point. We are still getting adjusted to the software. The small issues that we’ve had have been easily taken care of by customer support.

by Wordsmith on 16/09/2019

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to provide your feedback. We're here for you, so continue to take advantage of support if you need us!

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Roxanne N.
Minister of Music/Senior Adults
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2018

"Still a satisfied customer."

Comments: We started with Media Shout when we started using video presentation in our services 10 years ago. The updates and upgraded versions have continued to allow us to have a user-friendly software for our volunteers to operated for worship. The Plus Membership has been my favorite addition. It's great to be able to get help quickly when there is a problem or even when I need help understanding something.

Pros: My favorite new feature is the in line editor. It's very convenient to be able to edit slides while still running the program.

Cons: I don't like the way the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the cue when the text wraps to a new slide within the cue.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2018
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"The customer support for MediaShout is A+. They are so pleasant & helpful. Wish all were like them."

Pros: I appreciate the Bible Library and Hymn Library that comes with it. Saves me so much time.
There is so much you can do with this software. If you are a creative person, this will help satisfy your creative genius.

Cons: There are a few idiosyncrasies that surprised me, but once you know them, they are easy to work around. Example: I placed lyrics into my script. For some reason, there was a blank page after a verse. It was labeled as part of the verse, which I didn't notice. When I deleted the blank page, the entire verse deleted. Now I just skip the blank page.

Bruce A.
Lead Audio Video Technician
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"MediaShout Excels in Church Projection Software"

Comments: MediaShout is far beyond 'just' a projection software for churches. The flexibility and ease of use make it the BEST church service projection software programs out there.

Pros: MediaShout is far beyond 'just' a projection software for churches. The flexibility and ease of use make it the BEST church service projection software programs out there. We have been using it since version 3 and are now on version 6. They keep listening to consumers and improving it with making spreading the word of God the importance!

Cons: Some of the features are not quite as user friendly as they could be.

Ruth B.
Worship Admin
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Love the Flexibility and Options in Making Presentations"

Comments: We got a great product to enable us to display a variety of media all in one presentation.

Pros: I like being able to have all types of cues in one presentation, video, pictures, songs, etc. I like the ease of displaying song lyrics. This software makes creating a complete service presentation so easy.

Cons: Sometimes it has a few issues with stability in freezing up. There have been a few glitches in the software from time to time, but I have been very, very satisfied with customer support. They have been very available and patient and helpful.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Katie H.
Admin Assistant
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"MediaShout Matters"

Comments: This has been a great tool to implement in our church setting. We have gotten great response from it, and it has been easy to train our new recruits for Sunday services. Definitely recommended!!

Pros: This is a wonderful tool to use to project song lyrics for our church services. There are many great options to add backgrounds, still shots, video graphics, and much more. We also use the confidence monitor for our choir and praise team members as well. This has been a huge help in boosting confidence for our music ministry.

Cons: This product crashes frequently. And often right in the middle of a service inevitably. This is a great product, but I can never fully trust it to make it through the day without some sort of hiccup. It's one of those products that you learn its quirks and just roll with it whatever happens.

by Wordsmith on 25/02/2020

Hey Katie! Thanks for taking the time to review. Depending on what version of MediaShout you're running, I would bet our support team can help with those issues to make MediaShout for more solid for you. Our development team is also continually working on our newest version with stability as a top priority! Keep us posted if we can help in any way.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Nadia S.
Director of MultiMedia
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2018

"Great Product"

Comments: Using MediaShout just enhances the Worship experience at my church.

Pros: Overall, the software is great, easy to use. i would have to say the easy learning curve of the program is the greatest pro.

Cons: Just that on the scripture slides, I cannot add the Bible version to be displayed on screen. I used to be able to do that in Version 5 and the first couple of months using Version 6, but something happened with an update and I cannot do that again. How can that be rectified?

• Reviewed on 29/12/2018
David M.
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Simplicity and Excellence"

Comments: Using primarily volunteers we needed something simple to use and easy to train on. That was MediaShout for us.

Pros: We have used this software at our church for 8 years. In all that time not one problem. We use volunteers to assist with media and MediaShout is so easy to get people started. It is simple yet an excellent presentation software

Cons: Nothing at all! Not a single complaint. Works every time.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Faron G.
Church Planter and Lead Pastor
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2018

"MediaShout enabled us to get up and running quickly with great graphics/worship presentation shows"

Comments: Church plant was able to get up and running quickly with worship presentation software that adds value to each part of the service.
Customer support, when required, is responsive and very good at resolving any issues!

Pros: Easy to use and ability to quickly train up new users to run the software. Scripts are easy to build and importing videos, lyrics, scripture, etc is a snap

Cons: Getting display resolutions can be a bit tricky when first setting up the software with multiple screens and projectors

• Reviewed on 23/05/2018
Harvey S.
Sr. Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"Media Shout offers us east of projection of songs and gives great customer service"

Comments: It offers to our congregation versatility in song selection. We have total access to songs, all stanzas and have a choice of what to project.

Pros: The customer service is super. The directions are easy to follow and the data base offers so may good songs. We are also able to put our congregations particular choice of songs.

Cons: I can't say there is anything that causes any difficulty. There has been trimes when I didn't know how to do something but they helped me through it.