Faithlife Proclaim Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Faithlife Proclaim

Presentation software made just for churches:
proclaim.faithlife.com

Learn more about Faithlife Proclaim

Sheila C.
Sheila C.
Graphic Designer (and owner)
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"Proclaim worship presentation software is an excellent solution for any size Church!"

Comments: Overall, I'm quite impressed with Proclaim. It has changed our worship service by Leaps and Bounds, and made me more efficient getting my work done during the week. There are so many features yet that we have not even begin to scratch the surface on, but I'm excited for the future in hopes that we will dig deeper and begin to use them.

Pros: What I love most about Proclaim is that it is so intuitive with the layout and how things are put together. It doesn't take a computer genius to be able to lay out a presentation. Also, the person left to run the presentation during the service needs to know nothing more than how to Progressive slide forward or backward. It's really that simple!
Proclaim is even made it super simple by integrating our work subscriptions, Bible versions in scripture, along with song lyrics within the software. It is literally a one-stop-shop. What used to take me over 2 hours to do in illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint, I can now get done in about 30 minutes and Proclaim.
The customer service is also outstanding! Each time that I have emailed them, I've gotten a reply back usually the same day with a personalized email addressing my specific question. No Scripts or faceless reply to

Cons: One of the things I like least about this software is the dependability of the sinking upload feature. I can work on a presentation at home, and press the sync feature leave my laptop open for a couple hours, and it still won't show up on the church computer several days later. We end up having to share the actual presentation file through Google Drive in order to make sure that everyone has access to the file that they need.
I wish that there was a way that I could actually see the progress of a file being synced and know what it is 100% uploaded and ready to collaborate with.
The other thing that I don't like about the software is that all the art, song lyrics, and in-depth Bible study stuff are all extra subscription cost. Period. In addition to the money that is spent each month on Proclaim itself. For a small church, this can be quite an expense and not everyone is able to pay it.
The church that I attend is about 30 to 40 people on a good Sunday, and they do pay for the Proclaim software, but I end up having to pay for all the artwork subscriptions myself just so that I don't pull my hair out trying to put presentations together. The basic artwork included with Proclaim is lackluster at best.

Madison K.
Digital Media Coordinator
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

"Great product"

Comments: Faithlife proclaim has been amazing in our church. It has given us so many opportunities to share our sermons that we would not otherwise have had.

Pros: I love that I can work from any where. The cloud based storage is great for working on the go or at the house. I no longer have to be at the church to create slides or finish Sunday's presentation. It also has tons of great features like the recording cues, which publish your sermon automatically to your site! It is super user friendly and I have trained three other volunteers to proficiently use the software.

Cons: There aren't many aspects that I dislike about this software. There are sometimes when PowerPoints have not loaded correctly and audio has not transferred to the site correctly. Overall, these are fairly insignificant when considering the product as a whole.

Justin G.
Senior Pastor

"An All-In-One Solution"

Pros: Proclaim’s stand-out feature is convenience. Being cloud-based, it allows our team to work from wherever they are. The sermon recording feature makes our podcast unbelievably simple, and the smart media helps us to create diverse, professional slides with ease.

Cons: The features for live streaming, like only showing the foreground of a screen, are not quite ready for prime time. There is also no way to pick channels coming off of a device like a digital sound board for sermon recording.

by Faithlife Corporation on 06/01/2021

Pastor Justin, thank you for the feedback. Glad you've enjoyed the Proclaim's cloud-based ability and smart media. We're continuing to make rapid updates to our features for live streaming, keep your eye out for some new product updates coming soon.

Eric G.

"Professional presentation"

Comments: Overall the program is wonderful and really changed the ease of running our worship service. We could not do everything on Sunday without Proclaim.

Pros: I like how professional everything looks. Being a small church we could never produce the slides that we use. The slides help to present the message with appeal while also highlighting important themes.

Cons: I have not come across anything I absolutely could not do without but it would be nice to be able to integrate websites and have access to control them. I have wanted to play a video for a website but could not because once the website is added I could not press play.

Lonnie S.
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"Superb product and product support"

Comments: Our young people who run our church’s soundboard learned the process quickly. As pastor, I’m upfront so don’t really do the live-streaming part. We have three different groups/people who lead worship, and they can insert song or announcements into a service from home.

Pros: We implemented the use of Proclaim on a moment’s notice due to churches being shut down in Washington state due to COVID. We needed to purchase a couple pieces of equipment to live-stream, and once we had everything the techies at Proclaim support walked us through the process. They were patient and helpful. Prior to live-streaming we used Proclaim within the church and the learning curve was easy due to the tutorials online. We like the simplicity and ease of putting the service together.

Cons: There was a bit of a learning curve as to where OBS ended and Proclaim started, but that was overcome quickly.

Software Development Manager
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

"Better and Better"

Comments: Our ministry operates smoothly because of this software. The accessibility from the cloud makes it easy for us to collaborate and get the service in order before we get there on Sunday morning.

Pros: I really like how much the software team is updating the product every release. The software itself is much better than many alternatives in this space. I really like how it saves the edits you've made to certain song lyrics and allows you to reuse old slides just with a quick search.

Cons: It would be great to have a master template for the look / feel / design of the slides and then build off from it. For now we just named one of the days "Master..." and if you need to pull a song or a sermon slide you just search for that and reuse it. The sermon slides are cumbersome but when you get to know how it works it's not too bad. They finally allowed for lists of words to appear like PowerPoint presentations show them (one line at a time) and that was my biggest beef before. There's still a learning curve.

Michelle D.
Worship Arts Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2020

"So Glad We MAde The Change!"

Comments: We are very, very pleased and grateful to have found this solution.

Pros: We had used a Church Presentation product before that was glitchy and non-intuitive. We recently made the switch to Proclaim fro Faithlife and could not be more pleased. The learning process was simple. As a volunteer Worship Arts leader, using this software has reduced my time commitment considerably each week.

Cons: Getting the hang of creating or customizing the Smart Media was a little challenging, but worth the learning curve certainly.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2020
Matthew G.
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"A simple solution that works well in a system"

Comments: Proclaim works quite well for those with Logos software and other faithlife suite offerings. The graphics and simplicity are quite welcome. The live streaming leaves something to be desired yet- it is still in beta.

Pros: We love the cloud integration. During Covid our secretary and I can collaborate while she is home and I am in the office. I can also edit sermon slides last minute before church and nobody needs to implement the changes. This also allows me (Pastor) to lead the service more confidently because I have seen all the changes up to date.

Cons: The camera integration has been somewhat clunky for us. Often we have to unplug and replug our video camera a few times to make Proclaim pickup the camera.

Faith H.
N/a
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Great app"

Comments: I have been doing all presentations for our church. Just a regular presentation software was too time consuming for me and a lot of saved files to pile up. All these things were kind of compressed in proclaim, even better.

Pros: We are a small church and has helped us in making visuals very easy and convenient to us. It has been great for the past 1 and a half year. Great investment!

Cons: I feel like list of song lyrics should be updated. Most of the presets were hymns.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
Jason D.

"Proclaim works!"

Pros: The best feature is the cloud integration. Setting up on one computer and then using it from another is super simple.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to print a few things a bit cleaner, but we're still working on that.

Barb L.
Technology Leader
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Review of Proclaim Presentation Software"

Comments: Faithlife Proclaim is allowing us to merge several things together in one presentation. This is a big plus for us!

Pros: The software is easy to learn and the interface is very user-friendly. I am especially liking that it can be used on multiple computers by the team and the changes are saved and synced. The integration of a preservice loop allows us to play our Family Life News and automatically go into a countdown to signal start of service-love this feature. It is easy to import graphics and use them within Proclaim. Overall, very satisfied with the software.

Cons: When the program opens, it doesn't always open the most recent service. We have to specifically open the current Sunday's service because it opens the previous week's service. Possibly we are doing something wrong in this respect.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Ryan R.
Youth Pastor

"Love proclaim"

Comments: Fantastic!

Pros: I love that I can work on this in my office, and then open it up in our youth room. And controlling it from my phone or iPad on stage is great as well.

Cons: I wish I could set up proclaim events on my iPad. But that’s my only issue.

Rick V.
Tech Team
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2021

"I'm so glad Proclaim found me."

Comments: Love it. I don't want to consider any other presentation saoftware.

Pros: With our prior presentation software, I had to build the worship service songs at church on Saturday night and that took 1-2 hours. With Proclaim I build it at home in less than 15 minutes.

Cons: I have found some of the tutorials confusing.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2021
Megan P.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"Great, Multifunction Tool"

Comments: Proclaim is an intuitive, easy to use platform for creating presentations. I was able to use it successfully with very little fuss.

Pros: I love the many functions that FaithLife serves. From building an online social media group to creating and sending newsletters to preparing professional presentations!

Cons: The only down side I see is that there tend to be a lot of bugs, but their support team usually resolves them very quickly!

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Jeff S.
Jeff S.
Contribution Manager
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"A great church presenter once set up the way you want it."

Comments: Overall, having edited each slide to verify font and size consistency, it has worked really well for our church.

Pros: having multiple people on the visual team at church, it is nice that this software is online. I can access it from any computer and make adjustments when needed. Adding photos/videos for sermon illustrations is easy.
Having the ability to import songs directly from CCLI is wonderful!

Cons: In order to keep the same font and sizes in a whole presentation, I need to edit every slide. I have not found a way to make a standard font/size for the different sections. It would be helpful to be able to edit a "Title 1" to be a specific font and size for the entire presentation.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Sandy E.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Proclaim for Churches is Great!"

Comments: Proclaim has streamlined our media process. It has replaced PowerPoint and media shout and given us a platform to communicate. Everyone has a login and can access the program.

Pros: We recently purchased and started using proclaim at our church for our media software. Whereas before we were using two or three different programs and meshing them together Proclaim does it all. The best part for me is that the sermon recording is built in and you can access all the information through one app that everyone can use. You can communicate with other users through that app as well.

Cons: There is a bit of a steep learning curve. But once you get the hang of it it is awesome. I guess my biggest con is getting the other team members to use it so that I can upload the sermons to our website through Proclaim rather than a flash drive.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Dan S.
pastor

"Proclaim"

Comments: We have loved. I have recommended it to several other churches.

Pros: The biggest pro for our church is that it is cloud based. Each working from different workstations on the same weekly service plan is helpful. I also love the proclaim remote which allows me to control my own slides while praching.

Cons: Graphics could continue to be developed. I wish there was more functionality in the fonts and design of slides (I am used to using photoshop).

Tom G.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"Fantastic Presentation Solution for our Christian School"

Comments: We had looked for a workable solution with reasonable cost and then we came upon Faithlife Proclaim. This system has automated most of the processes we were handling manually, which made our presentations much better.

Pros: We have been impressed with the ease of use and ability to train users among our student body. All of our presentations in school including weekly chapel, ball games, programs, and other venues are handled via Proclaim.

Cons: We have found no issues that have impacted our overall satisfaction.

Jeremy S.
Does it Matter
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2019

"ONLY USE if you have the best"

Comments: causes more than it solve.

Pros: quality of the products that is it but microsoft presentations from 2003 will do just as good job. and cheaper too

Cons: Once it loads and works it will take you minutes to finish the church service. BUT i have spent about 24 hours so 12 hours each saturday just trying to get the program to load on two computers. it is a very clumsy program that you have to pay for. Good money. I say dont waste your money unless you have top of the line computer technology within the last 2 years or you will be sunk. run from this program dont waste your money and time.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2019
VP Marketing
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Cloud based Church Presentation Software"

Comments: Big fan and excited to see where they go next. Great to work with and support is killer! They are there to help you make the most of the app.

Pros: Early adopters of cloud based church presentations. No saving or needing to use USB drives. Everything is in the cloud! All your media, all your slides... everything in the cloud!

Cons: Was a little unstable early on but seem to have it all under control now. Must have access to the internet.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Mike C.
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"This is the best software for church presentations"

Comments: It is the best

Pros: This software has somewhat of a learning curve, but it also comes with training videos to guide you through the process. it has saved me a lot of time and headache. It is worth every penny of the cost!

Cons: It has a kind of steep learning curve. Other than that I cannot think of anyting else to complain about.

by Faithlife Corporation on 06/01/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review, Pastor Mike. We're so glad you've found Proclaim helpful for your church. If you have any suggestions for how we can help during the learning curve, please let us know!

Raymond M.
Minister

"Good software."

Comments: Mostly good. The transition to the newest version was kind of rough and we had some issues.

Pros: Proclaim is fairly easy to learn and use. I like it is mostly cloud-based.

Cons: Some features are hard to find. I wish they had a totally online version that could be used with a Chromebook or Linux.

Eric M.
Eric M.
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Flexible tool for our Church"

Comments: It allows to communicate several pieces of information visual.

Pros: I like the fact that multiple users can work from remote locations and everyones work synced together perfectly for our Sunday service. The ability for myself, our secretary and media production people each to do their job whatever time of day is great.

Cons: I wish the transferring of individual slides or elements of the weekly presentations were more easily transferable. It just seems like there could be a more processes.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
Eric U.
Technology Coordinator

"Church and School Use"

Comments: Faithlife Proclaim has been an excellent tool for our church and school.

Pros: I love the fact that I can collaborate on services with several other slide-designers. The media library has many great themes to choose from!

Cons: It was challenging to fine tune the details of the software to fit our specific needs.

David E.
Sr. Pastor

"Very good product"

Pros: We can import songs from CCLI directly into Proclaim. We can edit songs easily even during rehearsal.

Cons: I would like to see more ease in the editing of the slides and also more sermon related slides.