• Overall

About Yext

Yext organizes a business's facts so it can provide direct answers to consumer questions — wherever people search.

Learn more about Yext

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Yext before?

Giovanni J.
Giovanni J.
SEO Specialist in US

My Go-To Local Business Listing Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Yext has made it easy for us to generate income from a very necessary action that small businesses and big businesses alike absolutely need done. We get results in just hours where some other listing software can take days to update listings.

Pros:

We've seen the best results for our clients when using Yext to update/correct their business listing across the web. It's an easy to use interface that helps you keep on top of all listings and finds the issues for you. This has saved us countless hours of manual searches.

Cons:

The cost makes it a bit difficult to sign up some clients that do not have a big budget.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Yext: We found the listings get updated a lot faster in Yext which gives us an advantage to get our clients to that aha! moment a lot faster which in turn helps us look good to upsell and retain clients longer.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Yext: They are a recognized leader in this space and their direct API connection to the top 100 listing sites made it the clear choice.

2 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review, Giovanni. We appreciate the kind words and are glad to hear that your clients are finding success with our services.

Ian R.
Manager in US

Effective and Easy to Use

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall I like their service. Price is kind of high, but their service is worth it. Their support is really great and responsive too

Pros:

It is easy to add locations, citations are built VERY quickly, customization abilities for each location are really nice too

Cons:

Kind of expensive - and your citations revert back when you stop your subscription (but I get that part)

Alternatives Considered: BrightLocal

Reasons for Switching to Yext: Yext is simpler to use - and that is important for us. They also have a scanner and other tools that give my clients confidence

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Ian. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our products and services and appreciate the feedback on our pricing structure. We are always looking for helpful feedback and will pass it along to our team. Thank you again for being a great customer.

Digital Strategy Manager in US

A Powerful (Albeit Expensive) Option for Listings Management

4 2 years ago

Comments: Unified listings and review management has helped improve efficiency and ensure that all of our client data is correct, up-to-date and on the most important sites.

Pros:

Customer service/support is best-in-class for this type of platform. The platform links up with some relatively important sites and services, and I really like how well the knowledge graph works to unify data across all of them. Duplicate suppression is top-notch, and everything is explained clearly for novices to power users.

Cons:

Like any platform of this type, Yext's portfolio of linked sites does include some relatively low-quality options (i.e., some listing sites that aren't applicable to most industries).

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro and BrightLocal

Switched From: Moz Pro and BrightLocal

Reasons for Switching to Yext: Yext appears to offer better service and support, and the fact that the platform is locked into Google and Bing via APIs means that manually entered data in the platform always takes priority, which is essential.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you found our Listings and Reviews products helpful for your business.

Amber C.
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist in US

Easy to Consolidate Your Listings, A Bit Expensive To Do So

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, our marketing agency puts all of our local clients on YEXT. It's an easy way to consolidate all your business listings in one place and manage them accordingly!

Pros:

As a marketing agency, we have a ton of clients that need a listings management service like YEXT. YEXT can help you consolidate all your listings in one place and when your business switches addresses, YEXT is a lifesaver. Their duplicate suppression is also key to doing this job well!

Cons:

We do have a bulk package which makes YEXT a little cheaper, but if I were a business just getting YEXT on its own, there are cheaper options. You should also look at all the listings they can create - Not all of them are applicable to every business and every industry, but they do have a good selection overall.

2 years ago

Hi Amber, we really appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear about your positive experience with Yext!

Anthony Z.
SEO in US

Yext for Listings

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Keeps all of your local citation sites all in order with correct information

Cons:

If you stop paying for the service, the listings all go away

3 years ago

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Anthony. We appreciate your insight and are so happy to see that you're satisfied with our services. To clarify, when cancelling your Yext subscription, Yext no longer sends your data to the sites in our network. Afterwards, your information becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

Jessica F.
Digital Media Strategist in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

We Love Yext

5 3 years ago

Comments: Yext has allowed our local businesses to appear higher in search due to the ability to add so much information to the platform including business hours, descriptions, holiday hours, featured messages, etc. We love the platform because it is easy to use and does not require daily monitoring.

Pros:

Yext has made it extremely easy for our franchise owners to update their business information on a single platform. This not only allows the correct information to appear on various sites, it also allows our franchise owners to update their information as needed. It's very simple and efficient.

Cons:

The interface, I believe, could be easier on the eyes. However, I do enjoy the system as is.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your review, Jessica. We're happy to hear that our services have helped your franchise owners become more efficient!

Nicole W.
Marketing and Patient Engagement Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Valuable Location Management Tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: I've had a great overall experience with yext. When I have questions my rep answers in a timely manner.

Pros:

I run google pages/online listings for close to 200 clinics across the United States and Yext makes managing minor changes very easy. We've also seen great results in how are listings are doing from an SEO standpoint.

Cons:

The analytic reporting was slightly delayed at first but they fixed that!

3 years ago

Thank you for your review, Nicole. We love to hear that you're seeing results and that your rep has been a great partner. If you have any additional feedback to share, you can reach out to [email protected]

Maria F.
Maria F.
owner in US
Insurance, Self Employed

Great advertising tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: Our company has used them for our website and we love yext we have seen in increase in sales for using yext.

Pros:

Our company using Yext for our advertising and so far we love it.

Cons:

I can't complain it actually reminds you if you need to work on you profile with them. So whats to dislike??

3 years ago

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Maria. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have you as a longstanding client!

Katy D.
Digital Manager in US

Everything in one place!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I love it! They are always there to help and the software is easy to navigate.

Pros:

I love that updates and changes are seamless with this software over multiple platforms. Also love the ability to track and monitor reviews all in one place.

Cons:

The analytics when sent to clients is in a pdf format unless they are a user. In this format it is hard to read and understand what all these analytics are pulling in each category.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Katy! We're glad to hear about the positive experience :)

Kyle R.
Digital Strategy Manager in US

Essential Local Listings Tool

5 3 years ago

Pros:

This is an essential tool we use for the majority of our clients. Great for keeping business information consistent across the myriad of online listings.

Cons:

No real cons to speak of beyond a couple of technical errors, which were quickly resolved by Yext support.

3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle. Great to have MAN Marketing on board as a client!

Anne M.
Anne M.
Manager, paid media & social media strategy in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great way to distribute information to multiple sources

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Using the Yext API, we were able to connect our website CMS - which controls our hours - with Yext. Thus each time our hours are updated, all search engines and social media sites are updated simultaneously. Real timesaver and ensures accuracy!

Cons:

It would be great if we could add the update of Twitter cover photos as well.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review, Anne. So happy to hear that our products have helped your business save time. We will pass along your feedback on adding Twitter cover photos to our product team. Thank you again!

SEO Specialist in US

Great Partner

5 3 years ago

Comments: Support team has been excellent getting us started with the capabilities of the app. We have many happy clients thanks to the help of Yext.

Pros:

- Easy to add locations - Excellent interface usability and aesthetics - Great Customer Service

Cons:

- Sometimes the verification process can be difficult.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your feedback!

Owner in US

We love Yext

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall we will keep using Yext great product.

Pros:

We love Yext so much, it has helped us take our client's online presence to a new level.

Cons:

wished they had more training for their Partners.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review and for your feedback. We're happy to hear that our solutions have helped your clients find success.

Gary S.
Digital Knowledge Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best Local SEO Software

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use, customer support and it works!

Cons:

Not a thing. Yext delivers exactly what it says it does. I will continue to invest in this excellent software.

3 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, Gary. Great to have you as a Yext customer!

George P.
George P.
Agency Development / Information Services in US
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

A must have to keep your internet presence information consistent across all sites!

5 4 years ago

Comments: An improved SEO and ease of managing our business listings on the web.

Pros:

This is a one-stop dashboard to ensure that your company's information is accurate and consistent across 140 informational websites. This can be important to search engines and your company's position on the web. Additionally, if you have multiple business branches, this is almost a must to ensure that each location is coming over as accurate on the web.

Cons:

Mostly you are left to your own to manage and navigate the program. It could be a bit more challenging for users that are not privy to the importance of internet SEO.

4 years ago

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad to hear that Yext has been helpful to your business. If you have any questions about the product or how to use it, please email [email protected]

Sales Operations Manager in US

A great way to push updates to my business listings

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I like being able to push out updated hours, photos, or statuses to all of the social media pages that I use for my business

Cons:

I would like to be able to do multiple locations at the same time for the updates instead of one store at a time

4 years ago

Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad to hear that Yext has been helpful in helping you to push updates to your business listings. Our Support Team would be happy to work with you in managing multiple locations. Please email [email protected], and a Yext representative will be able to assist you.

Julie B.
Office Manager in US
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees

Yext is great for updating information across platforms

4 3 years ago

Comments: I think it is a useful product. I will recommend that my client keep it. Having one dashboard to push out information, especially a food menu with built in schema is a time saver.

Pros:

We recently signed our client up for several of the Yext products for restaurants. Having the ability to add menus and have then pushed out to several platforms has been great. It is also nice being able to update Google Local Listing as well as other platforms for hours. Having the ability to send a message to social platforms when the client had to close due to frozen pipes within a few minutes was a great feature.

Cons:

I think it is sometimes hard to navigate. When I signed on they offered one-on-one training but have since discontinued it. Some of the features I wanted are for Enterprise level only. I think the analytics are hard to set up without the one-on-one training.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review, Julie. We appreciate the kind words and will pass your constructive feedback on to our Product Team for review.

Spring S.
internet marketing in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Great to use until you stop paying and they reverse the listings

2 4 years ago

Comments: When you pay you see benefits but once you stop paying and it's reversed you didn't get any value just a headache.

Pros:

About five years ago they had a fantastic sales person who provided tons of support and made sure things were quickly resolved.

Cons:

Once you stop paying for the service, listing are reversed. I had many conversations with support about this but they just wanted more money and continue paying to fix the issue.

4 years ago

Thank you for leaving a review. Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert. When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time. If you have additional questions, please email [email protected]

John M.
President in US

Other options available.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, the platform was fine. However, with the cost and competitiveness, I would never use it again.

Pros:

We used the white label version to offer as a service for our clients. Overall the platform is great and top-notch.

Cons:

After doing some research there are many other platforms that offer more for less. Not to mention that as a white label client Yext was competing against me for retail business.

2 years ago

Hey John, we appreciate your candid feedback. If you're interested in having a conversation about your experience, please reach out to us at [email protected]

SEO Manager in US
1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for managing multiple listings

5 3 years ago

Comments: Ease of managing, monitoring and reporting on multiple business locations' local listings, from Google, Yelp, Foursquare and more.

Pros:

The ease of use to manage, monitor and report on multiple listings at once. Yext is great, especially if your company has multiple locations.

Cons:

Doesn't have EVERY company listing integrated YET, and the analytics need to evolve a bit more. I wish the Yext analytics were integrated with Google Analytics.

Madeleine G.
Owner in US

Great for Agencies who Create and Manage Citations

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall my experience with Yext has been excellent. It does everything it claims to do and customer service is always quick and helpful.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is that it makes updating client information across listings fast and easy. Before Yext, our agency used to spend a lot of time updating hours, uploading photos, etc..now it can be done in a fraction of the time. I also love that Yext allows us to quickly add schema to a website that auto-updates when business information changes.

Cons:

I least like that the integrations with Google My Business and Facebook must be set up separately. This sometimes gets overlooked by my staff or if we have trouble gaining access from a client, it will never get done. It would also be nice if social posting could be pushed to more than just Google My Business..for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That could allow us to replace other software with Yext. One thing that would be nice is if Yext salespeople were able to help us better monitize the software as an agency. I've done a few meetings and phonecalls to try to come up with better ways to use and sell the software to clients, but they always turn into the Yext sales person trying to get us to commit more money to Yext. I'd love to get some ideas on how other agency partners are using Yext for their clients and selling the software/service with their service packages.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review, Madeleine. We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.

Courtney B.
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Knowledge Base simplifies listings

5 3 months ago

Comments: Yext solves the problem of having updated accurate information about our stores in front of guests no matter where they are looking on the internet.

Pros:

Having a single "source of truth" knowledge base that is pushed to many sites and search engines along with hosted store pages with schema markup have increased search engine results and organic traffic. The API has allowed multiple integrations, making this a good hub for all our store data.

Cons:

The social posting tools aren't completely robust--can't boost posts through the platform or have videos natively play. It also takes a long time for them to complete design change requests on pages--you have to design everything and then have them try to copy it.

3 months ago

Thank you so much, Courtney! Between Listings, Pages, and leveraging the API, it really sounds like you're a Yextpert! Your feedback is important to us, so you can always reach out to your support team if you have questions or want to discuss the product. Thanks again for the review!

Marketing Manager in US
Dairy, 501-1,000 Employees

Yext is the Busy Marketer's Solution to Updated Directory Listings

5 8 months ago

Comments: Yext has saved me time and added so much value to my business. It is incredibly easy for me to quickly update my store hours, add holiday information, or open/close a location. The customer service team is proactive in suggesting ways to make my listings work harder for me.

Pros:

Let me be real-no one likes updating directory listings. It's a thankless, tedious job. BUT...Yext makes it a thousand times easier. The user interface is very user friendly, the customer support is amazing and the results speak for themselves. Directory Listings is never a marketer's highest priority but it's an important aspect of customer engagement, Yext has made it easy for me to do that with the tools provided in the software.

Cons:

We recently added their review response package to our agreement, I wish there was a way to bulk approve suggestions made by Google.

Alternatives Considered: Rio SEO

8 months ago

Thank you for the wonderful review! We've been the industry leader in Listings for quite a while, and it's great to hear that we're still on top of our game with feedback like this. If you have any more feedback, you can always reach out to your CSM or reach out to Support at [email protected] if you need help in the platform. Thanks again!

Adam D.
Adam D.
CEO in US

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros:

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy. The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy. Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons:

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value. There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext. One big gripe is the integration with Google My Business. We were using Yext before they added that functionality. The problem was that Yext overrode the business categories and caused some local maps issues. Once we figured out that you can override that function, we got it taken care of. But it took us awhile to figure that out. So the con here is that you have to know about that override feature or you can screw up your listings.

4 years ago

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

Hayley M.
Hayley M.
Project Manager in US

TOP NOTCH

5 3 years ago

Comments: Our experience with Yext has been amazing. Our company had an existing subscription that I took over, so in any other instance I would have been out of luck with training. But our representative was able to walk me through where to find anything and everything I could ever need.

Pros:

Customer Service with Yext is TOP NOTCH. Our rep is there to answer questions before I even have the chance to finish thinking of them. There are ample training modules to walk you through exactly what you need. Everything is highly customizable as well, so it's perfect for listing different types of businesses. The analytics are incredibly helpful to show what's working and what's not. I also love that I'm able to reply to any reviews as soon as they're given.

Cons:

Because of all of the options and customization, it can be overwhelming. Everything is intricate, which is great, but there's no "let me create this real quick." Changes can be made quickly though.

3 years ago

Thank you for leaving your review, Hayley! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Yext and our services, and are glad to have you as a customer. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to your rep!