Filter by:

• Overall

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is a web-based task and project management tool that is perfect for agile project management.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Software Consultant
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2021

"Easy Task Management"

Pros: I really like how clean and friendly the user interface is. It helps me to clearly see where I’m currently at with my tasks and where I want to be

Cons: I don’t recall any setbacks or downsides of using this software

by Meister on 10/08/2021

Hi there! We're so glad to hear you found MeisterTask to be a powerful tool with an intuitive and clean user interface! :D Be sure to reach out to us at [email protected] with any suggestions or other feedback. We wish you all the best with your project management with MeisterTask!
Cheers,
The Meister Team

• Reviewed on 09/08/2021
Film producer
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2019

"Workflow Is Perfect for Us"

Comments: After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros: It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons: We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

Alternatives Considered: Omnify, Asana, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask: We needed more Project management since ToDo lists are very easy to do in a million other apps.

Switched From: Todoist

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: See above review. Also -- it needed to work on the web and on iOS and Android.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2019
Office Coordinator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Functional project management across teams"

Comments: We use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.

Pros: This software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.

Cons: Each task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make a comment directly to the post it refers to. i.e. If a shipment is made to the client and posted to the task, the only person who can change or add to that specific comment , is the original poster. Not being able to change someone else's post is a good thing, but it would be nice if others could attach an update or change specific to that post, as a sub-post instead of 5 or 6 comments later in the stream. When all comments are mixed this way, it is sometimes difficult to follow the flow and keep related comments properly connected.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Kathy J.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Just what I'd been looking for"

Comments: MeisterTask is amazing and I really can't believe what they offer with the Basic version, for free. I finally have all the organizational tools I need, in one place, without having to have a to do list at one place, a calendar at another place, etc. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never needed it for anything.

Pros: I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried almost every online task management software in existence. They're all either just not quite right or too expensive. MeisterTask offers a Basic (free) subscription, with several paid levels (Pro & Business) you can upgrade to as needed. Many similar products have free versions, but they are greatly limited in comparison to the paid counterparts (and what you get with each is not always transparent.) MeisterTask Basic is everything I need and it's not just a short-term trial that's going to run out as soon as you're hooked on it! Like most of entrepreneurs these days, I have multiple projects I'm juggling on a daily basis and it is so overwhelming dealing with software that forces me to lump everything in one place. MeisterTask helps me keep them all sorted out ... and separate, like a virtual filing cabinet/planner/to do list. I've created a board for each project and with MeisterTask, I view each one, by itself, as needed. The boards are made up of drag and drop columns to keep each and every task need and tidy. Plus it's colorful, which I love! When visiting the site, you're first greeted by your Dashboard, where you can see tasks with approaching due dates from across your Projects. I like how they sort this for you. They've recently added a helpful standalone checklist where you can add quick to dos on the fly and have them there at a glance, without being attached to any particular project.

Cons: The only thing I would change about MeisterTask is that each task needs to be specifically assigned to a "team member" or it's automatically marked as "unassigned". For those of us who are using MeisterTask as individuals, it might be nice to be able to state that somewhere in settings, so all tasks automatically default to us, just to save that extra step. This is just a very minor inconvenience, however, and I had to nitpick to come up with it. It is also important to note that the free version doesn't support recurring tasks, but if you need that, the Pro price is very, very reasonable for the additional features it has.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Erkin İ.
Software Developer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2019

"Delicious!"

Comments: I settled in Amsterdam. Before moved here, I started to set up some organization schema in Turkey with my friends for their business. I told them about Scrum and Agile methods. Then I presented this tool as a seller!
Now, all the guys are using MeisterTask. It is simple, and the guys were really far away to the scheduling task. Although this, everyone follows the task in here!

Pros: Everything is easy. I use this tool with my team and my own to schedule myself.

Cons: Related task following will be nicer more than that. Create Subtask can be similar as Jira Tool. Because I want to Main Task and Following Sub Tasks. But we could move on the board as separately. Main Task |
- Sub 1 |
- Sub 2 |
- Sub 3 |

Alternatives Considered: Ayoa and Jira

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: Easy to USE!

by MeisterLabs on 23/05/2019

Thanks for the amazing review Erkin! We're really happy to hear that MeisterTask is helping you manage your projects. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for spreading the word! :)

• Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Emily B.
Emily B.
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"A Great UX and Design"

Comments: We have been utilized this took to build up our product for not many years. I incline toward it extensively. Effectively open usefulness, includes a "fair works" stream, many tweak capacity, extremely bright however during a gratitude to make the work simple and increasingly fun. Easy to utilize and a wonderful interface. Extraordinary on the telephone as well. Great to be prepared to connect errands up with individuals.

Pros: Helpful for picking various activities which for my situation includes housework likewise as work assignments. Incredible for arranging my work, especially during the composing upstage. At an extremely moderate cost, we get a superb arrangement of highlights and in this way, the devices permit our group to plan and oversee errands without any problem. The reconciliations are incredible as well.

Cons: Frenquently my telephone wouldn't tell me of an undertaking that was expected which nullifies the point of getting development in case I'm not helped to remember it! Has a few bugs! Now and again need to restart the product, or move out of an errand and back to it to embrace and acquire the development to enter appropriately or a title.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Internet, SEO, Social Media
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Great Tool"

Comments: We keep us all updated what we have to do on a daily, weekly and monthly bases.

Pros: It's easy to use, user friendly and looks amazing

Cons: The price for the business version is to high

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Azure and Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask: MeisterTask looks nicer

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: The others were to difficult and to expensive

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Guillaume T.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"MeisterTask is my day to day assistant"

Comments: MeisterTask is really helping me with my tasks on a day to day basis. It's a really good software and I definitely recommend it.

Pros: - The user experience
- The quality of the service

Cons: - To move a task to done automatically you need the PRO version

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask: The user experience on Meistertask is way better than Asana.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: I choosed MeisterTask because the product is working well and the interface is beautiful

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Intern
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2019

"Clean. Efficient. Powerful. Organized."

Pros: MeisterTask is perfect for my needs. There are so many different things that can be done both in and through MeisterTask. For example, we have it set up to automatically input tasks through a department-wide form, in which a title, description, and due date can all be automatically assigned. MeisterTask allows easy task delegation and notification upon completion. As stated in the title, it is clean, efficient, powerful, organized, and we couldn't love it more or imagine our workplace without it.

Cons: Sometimes, the bright colors can be overwhelming, but the color coding is still very efficient.

Alternatives Considered: Trello and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: MeisterTask suited our particular needs and interests more so than the alternative products.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Rob F.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"The absolute best way to organize a massive multi-faceted to-do list!"

Comments: We were missing deadlines and upsetting customers because too many projects on our multiple Excel spreadsheets were getting skipped or missed accidentally. Meistertask puts everything right in front of our face and keeps us more organized than we've ever been before!

Pros: We love the ease of use of Meistertask, and how easily it helped us get everything more organized and manageable. We typical have 25-30 tasks running at the same time, so without Meistertask, it would be impossible to keep track of them all. It sure beats the heck out of the old Excel method that we were using for years!

Cons: The bottom horizontal scroll bar is SUPER hard to click accurately because it's so skinny. Plus, since it disappears when you're not moused over it, most people don't even know it's there, and they all complain that they can't easily reach columns that are too far to the right of the page. Make it NOT disappear, and please make it taller so that it's easier to click and drag.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Marina W.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"The best software in the world for task management"

Comments: I use MeisterTask for business and private purposes and it 10x my productivity. I can set reminders, delegate certain tasks to team members, use checklists for complex tasks and even build hierarchies of task dependencies. It is so flexible, that you can really do anything with it, especially through the Zapier integration. I can highly recommend it.

Pros: The software is visually appealing, it is easy to use and contains in the free version all functionality you need to start. I like particularly that I can add notes, links, tags, and checklists to each task entry. I can share projects with team members and assign tasks. It synchronizes across all my devices and integrates with my calendars, and even gives out statistics on how long each team member worked on each task. The customer support is very helpful and nice.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I have tried many different task managers in the past and this one is perfect.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Tomer M.
Motion Graphics Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2021

"Tomer Malcov's Review"

Comments: very functional as a brain storming tool & project management.
along with the brain-mapping feature it's a great way to start a project and create checkpoints and deadlines.

Pros: I like the ease of use and the ability to have tasks both as big complicated projects or as a 1-liner.

Cons: I found it hard to manage projects' status, And deleting it once done so it wouldn't take up space.

by Meister on 01/04/2021

Hi Tomer, thank you for your review!
Sorry to hear you found it difficult to work with the project status - we provide a Help Center with plenty of resources, and you may want to look at this article: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015802599-Trash-and-Restore-Projects
We're always happy to assist over at [email protected] as well :)

Best,
Your MeisterTeam

• Reviewed on 03/03/2021
Amanda J.
Multimedia Designer
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"Practically Perfect in Every Way"

Comments: I love love love Meistertask. Our multimedia team implemented it as our task management system three years ago and it has become absolutely central to our workflow. I also use it to organize my freelance work, and even as a real-time meal planner and shopping list. It can handle all my personal and professional projects!

Pros: It's visually beautiful, intuitive, integrative, and keeps an amazing track record of everything done by each team member. Tasks can be traded off with ease, and everyone stays on the same page. The simplicity of format gives me peace of mind that things are checked off and accounted for, and the ARCHIVES! We now have records on over 3,000 multimedia jobs that we can search for reference. It's so easy to use and explain.

Cons: Honestly the only thing to bug me came with 2.0. You can no longer preview Word documents without downloading them, which is kind of a pain when it was so fluid and accessible in 1.0.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Vladimir M.
Vladimir M.
manager
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"Brilliant"

Comments: I have tried to make a workflow with several similar solutions for a few years. All of them were great but my coworkers simply could not adopt properly any of these solutions. With MeisterTask the whole team made a switch in a day. I think that design was first that seduced them.

Pros: UI design, simplicity, smart but strong enough. Like the integration with MindMeister too.

Cons: Nothing to complain. At first I wished more customisation options but later I changed my mind.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Meagan J.
Meagan J.
HR and IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2019

"Even great for Kids"

Comments: I haven't been using Meister Task for Business, as I am an IT professional and use Salesforce for business. I purchased Meister Task for personal use. I use it to organize tasks for the various volunteer organizations I belong to, but actually, more than anything, we use Meister Task for household chores. I have three kids (11,10, and 6) and we manage all of the household chores via Meister Task. We have a Kanban for recurring tasks and we have steps within each task that need to be completed before the task is considered "complete." This ensures that when the bathroom is cleaned, all the pieces are completed to get that task finished. It is easy for the kids to use on their ipads, and I can manage and assign tasks from my iphone, ipad, and Macbook. The kids get push notifications when tasks are assigned to them, and they can still have unassigned tasks that they can pick up on their own as well. My oldest does more tasks several days a week to earn privledges and she actually created her own Meister Task kanban to mange those, and invited me to manage and add to it. So basically, it's so easy that children can use it.

Pros: I love Kanbans. I love the ability to color code, drag and drop, and create multiple boards, as well as multiple steps beneath each task. It's easy to use.

Cons: I have yet to run into anything that is a deal breaker. I feel the cost is a bit high for personal use.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2019
Fred C.
Estimator
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Excellent Display of Project Notes"

Comments: Very useful product. There are a number of ways to save this type of data but none have provided me the speed and consistent layout of MeisterTask. It does work well for sharing info with business associates but I don't use it much for that.

Pros: I work on 20 to 30 projects at a time. Most of them are similar but have critical differences. It is very easy to get the critical elements of the projects mixed up. This provides a place to enter notes in an organized fashion such that it can be called up quickly to provide the project info when a phone call comes in.

Cons: When editing a cell, the "enter" key moves you to the next cell rather than moving down a line within the cell. You have to remember to use "shift-enter" to create a new line. This takes a bit of getting used to. Everything is kept in the cloud. Creating a local backup of the files in PDF format is time consuming. A macro that would back all the projects up to a single PDF would save a lot of time.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Joe L.
Senior Consultant
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"This a great, lightweight tool with a TON of great features"

Comments: This tool has been great for me to organize the tremendous amount of moving parts on several projects and work streams. There are so many activities that are taking place at any given time, and Meistertask has been an extremely easy and effective way to keep track of everything. I think the most powerful part of it has been the flexibility to create my own classifications, tags, and comments on the tasks. It's completely replaced any manual note taking I do and has allowed me to easily document what steps were taken and what needs to happen next.

Pros: I use Meistertask to manage multiple projects and work streams because it's so flexible and lightweight. I even us it for day-to-day activities for my firm and our major client. Very flexible. The Web and iOS versions are fantastic and fast, and the functionality you get even with the free version is incredible. I'm a big fan and the team at Meistertask does a great job with webinars and customer service.

Cons: For overall project management, it'd be great to get a start date and be able to plot some of the activities/tasks on a gantt. That's an old school way of managing a project, but people like to see the timeline visually.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Mandana M.
Enterprise Sales Director
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Awesome way to help prioritize keeping your eye on the ball!"

Comments: Wonderful way to leave pen to paper and enhance with digital project management. This is fantastic to share with other co-workers who are working on projects with you, and allows you to add outlook emails in when needed create new tasks.

Pros: Ease of use and integration features with Outlook for emails. Ability to reprioritize tasks on the fly. Rate tasks via color coding. Being able to archive old tasks. Being able to share projects with others.

Cons: That you cannot add a target date to the checklist items within tasks. This way you can re-prioritze task "checklist" targets as well. That would be a great to have that to work in the tool more effectively.

Alihan berk B.
Frontend Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2020

"An awesome online project and team collaboration management tool!"

Pros: It is a program with a fast interface that we can call an invaluable blessing for messy people. I have used it for years. Simple design, easy to use, efficient working blood ban style project management application. It is the right software for you, especially if you are writing code. MeisterTask allows users to receive instant notifications of their project status when the task is completed and others receive communication with members in real time. I love that users can access their To-Do lists on the go, on mobile devices.

Cons: I have not encountered any problems about this software that I have been using for years. It is one of the rare programs I have used and there is nothing I do not like.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2020
César C.
Project Manajer
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Easy to use PM application"

Comments: Let me keep track of the assigned duties of my team.
Easily priority tasks sort ´.

Pros: Intuitive user interface
Simple interface
Excelent performance
Simple way to share projects between different stakeholders

Cons: No difference between web application and desktop one.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: Better and simplest interface.

Stefan B.
Student
Environmental Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"A great tool for sprints, structure and teamwork"

Comments: Great! Organisation, Teamwork and Overview. We also used it for weekly meetings in a way that team members would talk about the progress in a given task. If it was solved, we would drag it to the "finished" column and everyone felt delighted.

Pros: It is a very convenient way to check and observe the daily progress of projects, especially if more than one person is involved. You are able to checkmark and add steps towards the completion of a task. All participants can contribute and make changes. With different columns you can prioritize tasks according to deadlines or personal decisions. All in all, a great way for teams to stay informed and to split responsibilities between their members.

Cons: The only thing I would wish for (using the free version as we speak) is an overview on all deadlines which are related to different projects - some kind of crosslinking option, maybe something like a GANTT-Chart even. But, maybe it's just me and I just didn't find the solution yet-

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Adrian T.
Toxicologist
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2021

"great for personal use"

Comments: Brilliant! Very happy, thank you for MeisterTask

Pros: Very quick and simple - you will waste no time for simple tasks and yet it has loads of features if you need them for a specific task/project.

Cons: There are no cons for a user like me (personal use).

• Reviewed on 06/03/2021
Jed S.
Jed S.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Simple Easy Task/Project Management"

Comments: MeisterTask is great for task management, and to a lesser extent project management. One nice feature that has been added is mind-maps. It's a separate software, so you have to switch between mind maps and the task manager app, but it's a great addition.

Pros: I like the desktop interface for MeisterTask, first of all. It's strikingly beautiful and designed very well. Besides the first impression, the main screen has quite a bit of important information displayed that the user would need to access right away. All the features of the software are very quickly accessible from the main screen - high marks for ease of use.

Cons: I've been using the free version, so I understand that I would have to jump through some hoops now and then, but that would be my only negative. Occasionally, it will bring you to the purchase screen when you first log in. You have to select 'stay on free version' to proceed to the software.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Kemal I.
Kemal I.
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"I'm a satisfied customer"

Comments: Meistertask does it all for me to manage my 15 personal team working remotely.

Pros: - Simple navigation even I can use it without reading manuals.
- Affordable price compare to other task management tools
- Great UI/UX, look fresh.

Cons: Missing basic functionality such as calendar.

Alternatives Considered: Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask: TRELLO doesn't agenda & dashboard

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask: Simple and affordable

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Robert E.
service delivery manager
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2020

"great product for productivity"

Comments: so far i love it - i've only been using it for a week, but it's the first thing i open every morning to sort out my day.

Pros: I've been looking for a tool for a long time to get me off of paper lists and into electronic tasks. I have many different customers, who all act like mini programs, with their own projects, and a lot of the time I have to track where a specific task or set of tasks lives. This is the first tool i've used that I've actually stuck with to do what i need. Most others fell way short of my needs

Cons: I'd like a way to track a % complete on a task if possible - a lot of the tasks / to do's i have aren't as simple as complete / not complete

• Reviewed on 09/03/2020