GoCanvas Forms

Jackie F.
IT Training Manager
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have replaced an older form program with GoCanvas and opened up options to other departments. Their support has been very attentive to our needs and questions.

Pros: The ease of creating forms and end user experience has made rolling out the software , well, easy. The departments are in charge of their own forms and any changes which avoids delays they would otherwise experience contacting IT.

Cons: Currently, there is not the ability to attach documents to the form. We have the need to include official documents to some of the forms that have been created. We are working around that by taking a photo which works in some cases.

GoCanvas - who knew replacing forms with apps would be so easy

Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Michelle C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our ability to capture, retain, analyze and share information quickly and clearly is better than it ever was with paper forms. From the start the help in setting up the programs and initial training made a very scary and intimidating process a breeze. I never have to go looking for paperwork only to find it incomplete and illegible. I have rarely been as satisfied with a software as I have been with this.

Pros: Extremely easy to build and use apps even for "non-tech" people.
Powerful system allows you to build complex routing with ease
PDF designer allows you to capture information you need for client while retaining all information you might need in the app for export and evaluation.
They are always looking for ways to simplify and improve the program.
They communicate changes well and consistently
I don't have to read chicken scratch from techs anymore

Cons: Tech support to solve problems is not very deep or responsive.

Don’t buy and expect support

Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Troy N.
VP of Operations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Friendly and helpful at the beginning and then the billing problems. Shortly thereafter support stopped. Have to wait days to get help.

Pros: Takes time to make the apps the way you want it, but can be powerful with time invested to setup. Data collection is solid. Lots of different functionality, but still needs other functions.

Cons: Submission reports are clunky and not as clean and customizable as I would like. No multi-photo uploads. Super expensive for companies wanting to scale quickly. They lock you in at rates for a year at a time and every time you grow they re-up the agreement without bulk discount rates. If you want support, be ready to leave lots of messages and then wait days for help. You will have to figure it out on your own basically. (Google is your friend.)

Good Work!

Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Anthony C.
VP of Ops
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We record inspections, audits, training.

Pros: Ease of using the apps
ease of building the apps
Mobile function is excellent

Cons: I am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.

Great product, Super support team

Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Adanga B.
Assistant Director of Health & Safety
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted.
We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)

Pros: The paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.

Cons: The support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do

Great software, terrible licensing structure.

Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Cody F.
IT/Project Manager
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Almost everything; creating an app is easier than falling off a log, and even our users are capable of filling them out.

Cons: The licensing structure is awful. Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could. As much as I love the service overall, I have to constantly fight my managers to continue justifying the cost, and am constantly tasked to find a replacement to save money which is a huge strain on my time. Admittedly this is partially poor management, but the licensing structure does not help matters.

Easy to use

Reviewed on 13/09/2019
David L.
Safety Director
Construction, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use in the office and on site with mobile forms. All I talked to in the field say it is fairly easy to use and really like it, for now they do not have to shuffle so much paperwork, it automatically shows up to fill out certain forms weekly (which is a good reminder). Fill it out, done and filed.

Pros: It is very easy to use. It takes a bit to learn how to set up documents, but once learned it gets better. I also like how we can go into a form and change a few things and it automatically updates. So when others access GoCanvas it syncs and all is up to date, right then.

Cons: Can't think of anything at this time.

More efficient than paper forms

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Trent N.
General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I can build an app in minutes to collect any data imaginable.

Cons: Creating PDFs seems to be cumbersome. It would be nice to have more custimizable formats for creating PDFs. Right now everything has to fit into rows and columns only.

Canvas has significantly improved our operation, increased productivity and less redundancies

Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Daniel P.
Franchisee
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Canvas has cut out so many redundancies in our business and is extremely versatile. It has been fun getting creative with the workflow. Not to mention the endless advantages for remote use and management.

Pros: The fact that Canvas takes away so much extra leg work behind the scenes, freeing up time for our employees to focus energy on more critical tasks.

Cons: The only recommendation I would have is to make functional improvements on multiple departments or groups sharing the same apps and functions. For example, a franchise group with several locations that need to keep consistency with apps across the locations

Save time and money!

Reviewed on 24/12/2018
Marc M.
Special Projects Coordinator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a commercial and institutional HVAC service company. GoCanvas has solved several issues including legibility of service tickets (previously hand written) as well as quick delivery of the tickets (used to use FedEx overnight at the end of each week for each field employee). This cut our billing time down by 2 weeks. We are also using GoCanvas to create weekly time sheets, field quote sheets, time off requests and vehicle repair requests. We have several other forms which we will be creating soon. The staff at GoCanvas is extremely knowledgeable and creative. I have not come across anybody that was not excited about their product and ready and willing to solve my problems. I highly recommend GoCanvas for forms and processes to any industry with a need.

Pros: GoCanvas is simple to learn and use. If you either cannot or don't have time to learn the software, their customer support can help design and setup almost any form that you can envision.

Cons: Nothing in life is perfect. GoCanvas is still working to fill the gaps of what it cannot yet do. I wish the GoCanvas submissions would interact with my database software but it will not and that is not a GoCanvas issue either. My database software company will not talk (literally or figuratively) with GoCanvas. Despite this setback, GoCanvas is still a better option (in our opinion) than using the mobile version of the database software.

Impressive integration

Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Willy E.
Risk and Safety Coordinator
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have used this program for many option such as work orders when we did not have any at the time of using this software. Used electronic forms to track time for employee to build justification, and moved our variety of inspections to canvas to make it easy for submitters.

Pros: - Simplicity to create your own forms
- Customization open to get the best forms possible

Cons: - cannot remember as some items have been fixed with each update to serve our need

Easy to use in the field

Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Lee L.
Finance Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It makes my team more efficient and helps in the field.

Pros: It is very easy to use in the field when I am meeting with a homeowner. They can sign my contracts right in their living room and it goes straight until a PDF. I like the layout of the program and customization. It has made my field team much more efficient and look more professional in the field.

Cons: If we have to change any documents, it is a bit difficult for our admin to do so. We have used it for a few years and there aren't many things that I would say are cons for Go Canvas.

Retail Application for Greenhouse Growers

Reviewed on 28/07/2014
Ryan H.
Sales Manager
Customer Support

Comments: We are a live plant grower for "Big Box' retailers, and in some cases we own the product until the product scans through the register. We are responsible monitoring and maintaining the inventory in the garden centers, and a missed sale opportunity in the store means a missed sale for the greenhouse. It is very important that we have a true understanding of what our saleable inventory is in each store at any given time.
As part of this process, we employ merchandisers who will display and care for the product while it is at the retail location, and will throw away any product that is unsaleable. To maintain an accurate inventory, we need to know the variety of plant and the quantities that were thrown away.
Historically this process was done by filling out a paper form and then faxing it back to the greenhouse. Office personell would then take the faxes and then hand enter the data into our enterprise system which kept track of store inventory - a very time consuming ordeal.
We worked with Go Canvas to design an app that would allow our merchandisers to capture that data using their smart phones and submit the information instantly. The back end software takes that data and consolidates it so we ccan download it into one Excel file. That file is uploaded into our enterprise system and all store inventories are updated simultaneously.
While the app does save us money by spending less time hand entering updates, the real benefit is having a more accurate view of our inventory which enables us to capture every sales dollar.
Overall, we have been very satisfied with the service and the customer service has been great. I explained what I needed to my rep and they built the app to my specifications, and any time we needed to tweak things, they were more than happy to comply.

Flexible, very useful.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Nick M.
Maintenance Supervisor
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Streamlining paper records about herbicide applications to a digital format. We are able to clients another notification for maintenance for their records for compliance. And we are working on an app that will eventually replace our paper field reports to deal with work and inventory.

Pros: Its customizability is very good, and we've used multiple apps within the program for different reason, for internal documentation and for clients. Nice way to move away from paper records where possible.

Cons: Adjusting some of the options/menus within an app once it was activated wasn't always straight forward, even with the help. Most were easy once I asked tech support, but wasn't always clear when in the program.

Fastest & Easiest Automation Solution To Any Business!

Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Kenneth bryan P.
Solutions Architect
Telecommunications, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work as a solutions architect in my country and every business that I encounter gets this solution. I'm sure that a lot of businesses out there is still not aware of GoCanvas which is why I plan to share my experience to more people.

Pros: GoCanvas is one of the most disruptive technologies available in the market today. SMBs no longer have to rely on costly software development. You can deploy an app within minutes and that changes the game!

Cons: Pretty much nothing as their support team and community are very helpful.

Canvas

Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Justin H.
Coordinator, Office of Teaching Effectiveness
201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: For clients in higher education looking for a premier online learning product built for social learning, Canvas is the product for you! Having worked in other learning management systems which encourage users to 'document dump' and treat their online courses like correspondence courses, I was quite pleased to design courses and teach in such a high quality learning management system. Additionally, appearance, text size, and other learning environment concerns are appropriate to the higher education context, particularly as accessibility is concerned. This is an excellent product!

Cons: As a fully featured product, there is a bit of a learning curve in using the product well. That said, i'm not sure how to avoid this in a robust learning management system.

A Fantastic Tool For Improving Efficiency and Quality of Service

Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Jon W.
Real Estate, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have replaced paper property inspection forms which has not only added value to the service provided to our clients, but it has increased efficiency massively and has gone even further by protecting the company from certain liability claims by evidencing every property inspection in its entirety, with supporting photographs etc.etc.

Pros: That everything from the app to the pdf can be tailored to fully meet our requirements.

Cons: Nothing! It was easy to set up, easy to use, tweak, and easy for all users to understand and begin to use.

Use it Everyday

Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Tom C.
GM
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Been very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.

Pros: You customize your form very easy from the dashboard. We are presently using 12 apps that we designed. A team of 10 people are suing them everyday. No real issues, things can be changed on the fly if need be.

Cons: Nothing really. It took a little time to lean the app building. The learning curve was not very steep at all.

Go completely paperless with ease!

Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Hayden M.
VP Operations and Fleet
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: we have streamlined every piece of paper or form through go-canvas, and it has saved us tons of money in paper and filing-time. Makes everything easy to find and easy to complete. No more scanning and resending!

Pros: The functionality and ease of use make this platform great for any business who is looking to get up to par with a paperless system

Cons: i honestly cant think of any flaws with the software system. it is very will built and easily accessible and usable for all levels of management.

The support that you receive if and when an issue is encountered is amazing.

Reviewed on 01/12/2017
Devin O.
IT Analyst
51-200 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Canvas manages to reduce the amount of physical paperwork to such a degree I don't know if we could ever go back to manually doing the majority of what we use it for again without some *major* pains across all departments.

Cons: While the platform works for most of what we would use it for there are some issues that are only evident when using it for various IT administrative functions; e.g. no fields for data formatting that is unique to an IT function like IP addressing requirements, limited support for handling handheld scanners, lack of time-stamping for what account has been updating what data, etc.

Equipment Maintenance Coordinator

Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Cynthia B.
Maintenance Coordinator
Construction, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Getting rid of (most) paper in the equipment division has been a life saver, the equipment maintenance and repairs history is stored much better, the paperwork comes in immediately from the field, not weeks later. The information written is actually legible. I was able to created forms we couldn't have before. It also saves a lot of time trying to file or scan paperwork.

Pros: The workflow and dispatch options, the email delivery options all apps, the simple and easy to learn app builder, the data reference options.

Cons: The cost is a little high, but still worth it. Notifications don't always come through on workflow. Sometimes the work being done by users doesn't save.

We use GoCanvas everyday and wont go back to paper contracts

Reviewed on 11/12/2016
Paul B.
Co-Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: GoCanvas was the first and the only solution that we decided upon for our paperless contract documentation. We love the easy to use an app and the ability to scale with future employees. If We had one complaint it would the learning curve it takes to set up a new form. But once you understand how to build it everything is a snap.

Pros: It does what it says and paperless documentation has streamlined our process

Cons: The learning curves to build new forms.

Great product for improving office and field work efficiency

Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Matthew C.
Chief Operating Officer
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: They have a great and supportive team which is always willing to help.

Pros: The ease of use from an admin and user perspective. Offline functionality is essential for us and GoCanvas delivers.

Cons: GoCanvas lacks some of the features that other products have. Features they have that other products do not (the dispatch calendar for example) are not built out well enough to be useful for our business. The essential features are there, but I eagerly await the addition of extra functionality as we constantly run into issues of, 'Wouldn't it be great of GoCanvas did this?!' Again, what GoCanvas lacks in features they make up for in droves on the user interface and ease of use. This has made company-wide implementation a relatively easy proccess.

Canvas has made my job and my teams job a lot easier. Also customer support is top notch.

Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Steve K.
Director of Procurement/Marketing
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Got rid of a manual paper process.

Pros: Ease of use and anytime I need the help your just a phone call away with someone always willing to help.

Cons: My only complaint about the software is every time I make a change to an app it creates a new version therefore when I have to do a download of a project that has already been running for a year I have to make sure I am downloading the data from every version.

Thanks GoCanvas - its the new JOTS!!!

Reviewed on 16/06/2016
John H.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: GoCanvas has absolutely changed how JOTS Computer Services, Inc. delivers services to its customers. Truly as simple as Click-Submit-Done, Yes, that easy. From sales, tech support to the development team, GoCanvas delivers the Wow factor in all that they do. Thanks GoCanvas!

Pros: The continuous and creative development of the GoCanvas App. Never gets stale, always looking to improve the user experience, ease of use and value of the App.

Cons: I have honestly experience no cons with GoCanvas.