Filter by:

• Overall

About Sender

Sender is super easy and affordable email marketing platform with powerful features, solid deliverability, and top-notch support.

Learn more about Sender

Awogor M.
Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"My Best In Terms of Email Deliverability"

Comments: Sender is the best email autoresponder out there that guarantees you quality at a convenient price that doesn't have to cut a leg or shake your bank. I love everything about them from customer service to service delivery. It literally takes 2 seconds for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to respond to live chat.

Pros: Sender has repeatedly proved to be the smartest and most effective in terms of email deliverability after comparing my campaigns on Aweber, ConvertKit, and Sender. The fact that it only cost $11 to maintain 5000 subscribers makes me say wow... The fact I can use my PayPal account to pay in place of a credit card makes me want to stick with them forever as I hate to link my credit card.

Cons: I'm not sure if this is a con, but I'm just hoping I still need to learn more about their Tagging feature and audience segmentation. I'm sure they have it.

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing Sender: Aweber price is higher. My campaigns on Aweber always ended in promotion tabs while Sender goes to inbox or Update tab.

Switched From: AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Sender: Sender is inexpensive Sender customer support is faster Sender's list management is better and lots more

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Flavio G.
Musician
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2021

"Kudos for an excellent app and superb customer support!"

Comments: The user experience and value for the price, contemplating business growth & scalability, etc. has been really well thought out. The pricing is one of the best around and I find it very reasonable (I'm not yet a paying customer, as I'm just starting out and have a very small audience so far, but I have compared prices with other providers, as I know I will be jumping on a 'starter' plan some time soon).

Pros: I'm very impressed overall with this company. I've been shopping around for a good email newsletter provider and have tried a handful already. Sender has beat them all on every count for me. The functionality is straight forward and clean (not cluttered with a noisy UI), the design experience is also clean and aesthetically pleasing (and a breeze to use, as opposed to other editors that are either clunky or cumbersome). And, most importantly, amazing customer service! The response times are quick, and the agents are knowledgeable (don't have to a ticket number around to higher levels unnecessarily), friendly, and straight forward. Congrats!!

Cons: I had a small glitch with the segmentation feature but it was quickly fixed by the tech team. Perhaps the campaign editing sequence could be laid out in a single window/process and accessible at all times (as opposed to having to "save & exit" a campaign in process in order to go back a step? For example, I found it hard to find how to rename a campaign (though I eventually found my way around) – but really, it's a minor detail, this UI interface is MUCH, much cleaner than all the rest I've seen.

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue, GetResponse, SendGrid, ConvertKit, Squarespace, ActiveCampaign, YMLP, Constant Contact and Drip

Reasons for Choosing Sender: I was quite disappointed and upset with Mailchimp, as my account was unfairly closed by their filtering robot (it's a company run by its own AI, it seems – it picked up "unacceptable" marketing language, but it couldn't verify that I'm a musician with a 100 fans and NOT a spammer or some big careless company!); that's one, but also, I always found their admin console overly complicated and hard to understand (it was always difficult to do simple tasks). Then, I switched to MailerLite and was quite happy with it, though I felt somewhat limited with their design options (email & form editors). Then I switched to Moosend and debated for quite a while between Moosend and Sender. I found Moosend's admin console also a bit cluttered (though much better than Mailchimp's), and wasn't really all that happy with the email editor (even though it's really flexible, the UI experience wasn't the best). I also considered other email providers but quickly discarded them because either they didn't provide an inviting 'entry level' plan or the user experience/UI didn't look all that promising.

Switched From: Moosend, MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Sender: A free entry level plan, with the most reasonable scalability pricing; the most straight forward UI; beautiful design / email editor features; the best customer service experience I've had so far (not only in comparison with email marketing providers but in general!).

• Reviewed on 19/03/2021
Pempho K.
Strategist
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Awesome Customer service"

Comments: Awesome customer experience, I was coming from Sendinblue, where I had an issue. Sender really showed me the value of live chat help and service. Also it didn't feel like the person was just sticking to a script, they tried to understand my issue and explain.

Pros: ease of use, features and ease of setting up

Cons: I wish they had starter templates for their automations

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite and Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Sender: Delayed response in answering queries, and unresolvable items

Switched From: Sendinblue

Reasons for Switching to Sender: Pricing and features

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Ivy W.
Author
Publishing, Self Employed

"Great product"

Comments: Amazing!

Pros: I'm really impressed by sender. I was using mailchimp and its features were just slow and cumbersome. Sender's interface is smooth and easy to use and has features that I did not have access to with mailchimp.

Cons: I noticed my open rates went down when i switched but that could just be a me thing.

David M.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2020

"Worthiest email marketing tool out there"

Pros: the platform is incredibly intuitive, easy to navigate, simple to design emails on the go.

Cons: As of now, nothing, as a user everything looks good at the moment.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2020
Curt P.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2020

"Great for creating shareable newsletters"

Comments: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software there is currently, and I found that none had better email templates. Saved me tons of time and money. I even stopped hiring designers from Fiver.

Pros: They’re actively listening to what the users need. I like that. Suggested some improvements some time back, now most of them are live.

Cons: Saw some minor issues with Outlook, they got fixed. When they will update , it will carry more good.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2020
Sherman B.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Great Email Marketing Platform"

Comments: I really enjoy the platform.

Pros: It is easy to use, their customer service is good and the price is right.

Cons: The payment processes are not the clearest. May want to make that a bit easier to understand.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Bharat R.
Owner The Smart Adda
E-Learning, Self Employed

"Great Support"

Pros: I Really like Sender Team Support I am a Trial User and They Help Me When I have Faced any Problem with Sender.

Cons: They Provide All The Paid Feature for Free Forever.

Thomas O.
Blogger
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Awesome newsletter platform!"

Pros: Super clean and simple interface.
Easy to get used to.
A lot of useful features such as Automation with a great attention to detail. Sender seems to only provide what most users need. That is the point haha.

Cons: Perhaps it can help with building a newsletter archive on the user's website?

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
David W.
David W.
Construction
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Very pleased indeed."

Comments: Incredible levels of technical support. Never encountered the like before. Very impressed!

Pros: Technical support.
Their technical support is genuinely excellent. Highly responsive, prompt and knowledgeable. I had a problem with my HTML that I couldn't fix for a campaign and they even did that for me!
I used to use Mailchimp who would take days to reply. These guys reply almost immediately and couldn't work harder to help me. Really, really impressed.

Cons: There is some functionality - especially in campaign analytics - that I'd like. However, when I raised this they got onto it immediately so I can't really complain at that sort of helpfulness.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Jessica M.
Outreach Coordinator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Review"

Pros: Easy to use, good customer service. I like using the templates as well.

Cons: It was difficult to figure out how to create segments.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Antje T.
Webdeveloper
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"very easy and user-friendly, especially for beginners"

Pros: easy and quick to set up and use!!! user-friendly, especially for beginners, and a very efficient, helpful live-chat help!!!

Cons: it would be nice to really be able to have customised forms, right now customising is very restrictive

• Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Katerina V.
HR
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"Sender.net is great"

Pros: This service has a good deliverability, and wonderful UI, it is comfortable to use, also support is very responsive.

Cons: It's not cheap, if we compare with alternatives services, but to have good results, you need to invest:)

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Jason D.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Perfect email marketing for startups"

Comments: Great so far. Easy to understand and set-up my email marketing system

Pros: The free service has all the features to help build and grow as a startup until we're ready to purchase

Cons: Embedded forms had some limits on design and fields like comments

• Reviewed on 02/03/2021
Christopher P.
Sole proprietor
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"They trimmed the fat, not the taste"

Comments: I set up my account, verified my domain, designed my first email and was ready to send in about 2 hours and that counts tinkering. I'm quite pleased. I was looking for a straightforward email campaign solution and this one even came with automation. I'm very happy

Pros: I was shocked at how simple their list management is. Apparently I've spent too long with apps like Salesforce and HubSpot

Cons: Perhaps I haven't found them yet but it would be nice if they had some sort of conditionals with the variables such as a default value if first name isn't available and so on

Adam D.
Partner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Moved over from another mail provider and it was a bit of a struggle to start but impressed with it."

Pros: Ease of use, excellent support.
I like the way they have set up almost a flow chart for automation of emails

Cons: no image library where you store most used images to be used again in other campaigns
not so easy to save templates you've created.

by Sender.net on 23/07/2018

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the review. Even-though we have few struggles now, with upcoming new version of email template editor, we will implement image library and template management and lot's of new other features. Hope we could solve these issues very soon!

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Laura G.
Gambling & Casinos, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Terrible customer service"

Comments: Terrible

Pros: Functionality is similar to other competitors

Cons: They closed my account without letting me know why. They make you learn how it works, to set up everything, to load your contact list, and set up your first campaign and they took three days to tell you that your account is closed.
Of course, we review the terms of service and we don't find what we don't comply, and they denied telling us.
Seem is completely arbitrary. we have been using Benchmark for two years and we have a rate of 8 over 10 in our account reputation.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Ludmila G.
therapist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2021

"Excellent customer support"

Comments: I find Sender to be a reasonably good platform, very suitable to my needs. Most importantly they provide an outstanding customer support. Always available, friendly and professional. For a non-technical person like myself this is hugely important.

Pros: The product is fairly easy to use and is efficient.

Cons: Need more experience to be able to comment.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2021
Ali K.
executive manager
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"really good software :)"

Pros: ease of use, I really like it's ease of use

Cons: workflow can be a bit better, specially in triggers

Deepu P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2021

"Love the product, the UI and the Support"

Pros: Amazing UI. It is super easy to use if you want to only do Email Automation. Other tools are super expensive and pack a bunch of features that you don't need. Or else, they are completely useless and buggy.

Cons: Maybe documentation of some features can be better but honestly, it was clear once I spoke to the support team

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Sender: Better Free Tier pricing that allows for scaled payout

• Reviewed on 01/07/2021
Rajas N.
Marketing Director
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Excellent Application and Customer Support"

Comments: Sender app is hassle free, fast and easy application to use.

Pros: I selected this emailer client after checking out 2-3 others. Besides pricing(which is very competitive) I definitely loved its 1) simple interface 2) emailer designing software 3) Very active customer support.

Cons: Things I would like to see improved: 1) Contact management - the terminology needs to more explained. Also, there should be an option to create groups with data from campaign reports.

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Sender: Very poor customer service response and understanding towards their customer.

Switched From: SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Sender: Price, the free package, easy configuration, email creation tool.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Great for beginners
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2020

"Great marketing tool for beginners"

Comments: I like the Sender app and maybe is a great option if you don't need much of email marketing on your website. This app has great features when comes to making a double opt-in on the subscriber forms and separate the email lists easily.

Pros: This software allows you to start in the process of email marketing without question. Is easy to deploy on WordPress and has a great tool for visualizing the process of sending emails to your customers.

Cons: It's a very new software which is fine but makes it a bit complicated if you want to integrate it with other apps like Contact Form 7.
If you want to make an integration to another app the process is highly complicated if you don't know anything about coding.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2020
Craig P.
Digital Support Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2021

"Sender Review"

Pros: Very easy to use this software. Liked the ease with which you can import subscribers

Cons: our organization has 6 different congregations and they all use different emails but all on the same domain.
It will be difficult to have the other congregations to signup because of domain verification.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk and Sendinblue

Switched From: Mailchimp

• Reviewed on 22/07/2021
Marie-lise V.
Creative Entrepreneur
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Great start"

Pros: Very easy to install and great customer support.

Cons: I hope the landing page-feature will be live soon

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Sender: Because it's based in Europe and they offer better plans.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Lucy S.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2021

"Sender is great!"

Comments: I started using sender following a number of good reviews. And they weren't wrong! so user friendly as i Have ZERO experience with this kind of thing. Support team are UNREAL! They have solved every issue for me and they are so prompt and friendly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been amazing!

Pros: Everything! All automated and campaign emails

Cons: Nothing so far - everything I have used has been great

• Reviewed on 05/09/2021