Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Anna D.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros: I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons: In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

Dependable Payroll Service

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Laura H.
Business Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have used Sure Payroll for over three years and as a whole we have been very happy with them. For hourly employees and basic salaried employees they are awesome. Unique issues such as clergy is not as smooth.

Pros: The entry for payroll is easy to use. The default payroll that they have recently instituted makes things extremely easy. Customer service is very efficient and they answer quickly. If they promise to call back about an issue they always follow up and make sure everything is taken care of.

Cons: As a church we have a number of clergy with unique payroll needs and at times it has been difficult to make the needs of the clergy work with the system. I wish the system was a little more flexible. Also, when we first selected this company we selected them because the advertised that they specialize in clergy payroll and I would say I have educated them more than they have helped me.

SurePayroll

Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Shannon M.
Owner/Director of Operations
Individual & Family Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This was an overall good product for our small payroll needs. Once we grew larger, we required a product that was more robust and went with a different vendor.

Pros: The layout was pretty intuitive and I found navigation easy. For a small business, this is a very workable and flexible solution for self-management of one's payroll.

Cons: There were a few occasions where reports were not made properly to the tax entities and we received notices from those entities. This necessitated calls and emails to customer service to have it resolved.

Good and Bad

Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Holly D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Lets employees know that they received their monies and they can access their information themselves. Processes the quarterly taxes quickly and so far correctly. Great and competitive pricing.

Cons: Operates on percentages so if a employee works in more than one department, you have to use a percent and the payroll taxes are not the exact amount for the general ledger. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond. Does not respond on new state changes very quick. I had to ask 3 times and I had to get the new information changes for them. I have to enter the department worked in each week. The software does not remember from previous week.

Could be better...

Reviewed on 13/01/2017
Carrie B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall not a bad value for the money as it's super inexpensive, but the customer support is super lacking. We ended up with a pretty big issue and support was non-responsive. Without their being an issue, the system is easy to use and good views and reporting for both employer and employees.

Pros: Ease of use, cost, reporting

Cons: Customer support

Best software for payroll!!!

Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Vanessa L.
HR Coordinator
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: SurePayroll is a powerful, flexible, and so organize to pay your staff, and it offers good support and top-notch reporting. also, it' s interface is dated.

Pros: Excellent record keeping and pay-processing tools. Supports multiple payroll types. Integrates with multiple accounting sites. Good mobile apps for employer and employees. The support staff are very nice and help so quick if you have any issue.

Cons: I don't have any issues with this software. I have been using it for more than a year and I can't be more grateful. some people think it is a little expensive but for what it is I don't think so.

Overall does a great job

Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Sam M.
Controller
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I really like using the software and support is there when you need them for the most part.

Pros: It is very easy to set up and work with on a daily basis. They keep track of all the employees and vacation/sick time is easy to work with for each employee. They take care of figuring all the taxes for the employees and send that in to the IRS and State. At the end of the year all you do is print the W2's.

Cons: It is really hard to set up multiple or unique sick amounts and or vacation times. They are also very limiting on how many people can get in and use the site.

Very easy to use and takes care of everything

Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Content Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've had a great experience with SurePayroll. It is easy to handle paying my employees and making sure taxes are covered too.

Pros: Setting up SurePayroll was easy (a rep guided me through it) and now it takes care of everything for me. I go and manually input my hourly employees time in every two weeks, but otherwise the entire process is pretty automated.

Cons: No cons - I haven't had any issues with SurePayroll!

Makes payroll simple and easy!

Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Hannah B.
Customer Support

Pros: I love that the taxes are automatically taken out. I can log each employee and their hours to be assured everything will be calculated correctly. They give you many options to set up your account like number of employees and hours for each employee each week. You can also add break times and set funds to pay into insurance or other things.

Cons: Depending on company size the price can get a little high. The company is very flexible to work with. Customer service representivies have been very nice and a pleasure to speak to.

LOVE SUREPAYROLL

Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Tori G.
finance coordinator
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love everything that it offers. I can view old forms and documents and see all my vacation and holidays in one place to keep track!

Cons: I hate that when you log into (a saved device) it still says you have to send a verification code to your phone. I get that it is good for security, but it just takes extra time and steps when I have already saved the device!

SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Pete P.
Customer Success Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Cons: Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Do Not Use Surepayroll

Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Richard W.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Low Cost, and that is it. There is nothing else that you can say that is positive. It went down hill after PayChex bought them

Cons: Extreme Security that they just went to make this system worthless. Does not calculate Garnishments correctly.

by Daphne on 21/03/2018

Hi Richard,
While it can be frustrating to have multiple security measures in place to unlock your account, this is something we take very seriously due to the sensitive information our customers are working with. We want all of our customers to feel safe and have these measures in place to ensure an unauthorized user isn't able to login to an account and change important payroll information. Additionally, we have confirmed your garnishments are calculating correctly per agency requirements. Our customer care team has been working with you on this concern and to explain that your garnishments are correct. We appreciate your business and should you have any additional concerns, please reach out to our customer care team at 877.954.7873.

Does my complete payroll in no time at all!

Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Jean V.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Accruing sick and vacation time for my employees after an easy one-time set-up is my favorite part of this software. I'm a new user, but so far everything is going fine.

Pros: I can accrue time off by hours worked for each employee. This is very important in Washington state, where employers are required to accrue 1 hour of sick time for every 40 hours worked, regardless of whether they are full or part time.

Cons: I don't have complete flexibility over my pay dates. I would like to be able to print my paychecks for the same day I'm running the payroll. It's set up for direct deposit to be able to deposit the funds in about 2 business days, but I'm writing checks for my employees, and I can't change the date, unless I hand write them. The check printing feature works great on purchased check blanks.

Really great payroll product!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Customer service is fantastic. Whenever I call, they answer quickly and are super knowledgeable and helpful. The program is very easy to use and saves me soooo much time each payroll period.

Cons: The reporting features aren't amazing. you have to select each pay period and refresh the screen which is a bit annoying...but it's not really such a big deal in the long run.

Good software once I was able to access it.

Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Kali C.
Appointment Booking Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was able to see my paycheck online and print out the stubs if I needed to.

Pros: It provided a good breakdown of hours worked/ sick time available/ etc. I liked the interface of the website.

Cons: I did not like that an administrator had to reset my password. I had several password issues (and I use the same password for nearly everything so I know it wasn't a mistake on my end). Every time I had a problem, I'd have to contact my boss to reset it. Inconvenient for him and no one wnats to inconvenience their boss.

Clunky from a User Expereince

Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Jessica T.
Salesforce Product Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The site functional, tracks your paycheck, and you do get paid. All the information you need is available on the website.

Cons: The site is rather clunky, as every time you need to login, you HAVE to do the text confirmation check, but if you're on a prepaid plan with your cell phone provider, the texts never send and you are logged out. I had to get HR to redo my internal file with a Google voice number just to be able to get my W-2, as they won't do a call or an email verification. Beyond that, the site is just very basic, no robust features, but the core of the product does work. Finding where documents are is a little non-user friendly, but not the worst I've seen.

IF YOU LOVE HIDDEN FEES

Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Shakir A.
CEO and Founder
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: they have relatively easy to use UI and nothing else

Cons: After being with the service for 2 years. They incorrectly filed my taxes 3 times in that time period. Which I didn't cause any issue for the service even though it caused 3 months of headache. Then this year I received $545 in fees which consisted of "expedited payroll", "cancel payroll", and "returned direct deposits". I asked for a refund on the only $150 worth of "returned direct deposits" and was told no. So if you love a company who has horrible customer service, messes up your taxes, and then charges you fees....pick this one!!!

Surepayroll is the best!

Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Chris W.
Business Owner
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, my experience has been a great one. The process of running a payroll is seamless and easy!

Pros: Easy to input payroll hours, gratuity and add other Hourly rates for my employees. I like the fact that they deduct Federal and State Taxes, as well as they provide Direct Deposit so I don't have to worry with paper checks being cut and mailed.

Cons: They charge for every employee over 5 that are on the payroll and sometimes that can add up on a monthly basis.

SurePayroll experience

Reviewed on 24/02/2015
Phil G.
Customer Support

Comments: We have been using SurePayroll for my insurance agency for a little over a year now and I must say it fits the bill in every way. The data entry is very simple and takes only a few minutes. I can make changes each pay period to include commission income or hourly adjustments. The only minor issue I have had is waiting for the payroll summary report to update online from the previous pay period. I've found that if I logoff and login again it updates much faster. Beyond that...for a small to medium size business, I think it is a very cost effective and efficient way to process payroll. As a result, I have referred SurePayroll to a number of my small business clients. Tim Shelton, my original SurePayroll representative is very responsive to any questions I may have. Keep up the good work!!

SurePayroll

Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Mohamed O.
Service Desk
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Is good to view your paystubs and POT hours.

Pros: You can view you paystub and PTO hours and that all.

Cons: Not a lot of features. Only you can view you paystub , pay rate and PTO hours. Need more features and idea.

Sure payroll User

Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Loresha L.
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This payroll software allows my contractors to easily login using the username and password to obtain their paystubs.

Cons: I really wish it didn’t take two days for payroll to reach my Contractor’s bank after submitting it.

Excellent from an employee's point of view!

Reviewed on 20/10/2017
Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like how I can back and check details anytime I want with the exact breakdown. I have used it for over a year because my employer uses it and it's very convenient.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Breakdown of amounts
- History of checks clearly displayed
- Easy to calculate and check information for consecutive years

Cons: - As much as I appreciate the security steps, it's a bit annoying to have to add a verification code

Decent Payroll Provider but technology is outdated

Reviewed on 10/04/2019
David P.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: You can do better than SurePayroll. While I loved their short processing times for payroll, their outdated and slow backend technology, consistent 2-Factor Authentication not functioning as it should (continued to ask even after trusting device), and a lack of communication when additional fees were applied caused us to move elsewhere. In such a competitive industry, clear and transparent pricing in addition to stellar customer support is non-negotiable. I've been thrilled with both the clear pricing and the customer support we've received from a different provider.

Pros: Robust Reporting
Short Payroll Processing Times

Cons: Pay Structure isn't as clear as other payroll providers
Lack of clear communication regarding additional fees
Expensive when adding 1099/W2 EOY reports
Inability to onboard new contractors from a web-based invitation link

have used for over 10 years for monthly payroll

Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Jeanette D.
Controller
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: easy to process payroll.

Pros: inexpensive and easy to use.
easy to get W-2s and 1099s.
Receive payroll processing reminders timely.

Cons: They do not process several local returns in Pennsylvania and Washington states.
It does not take me long to process them quarterly through the appropriate tax portals.

Tax filing issues all over

Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Rachna A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Sure Payroll for 15+ years. Everything was good until late last year. Sure Payroll has gone down the hill!! They have been filing wrong tax reports, changing employee's tax status and not filing in several cases. Customer Service is so slow in responding. Going to switch to another company now.

Pros: Easy to use online software for payroll processing

Cons: Customer Service and Tax filings errors.