SurePayroll Reviews

• Overall
    4.3/5

About SurePayroll

SurePayroll makes payroll easy, saving you time and giving you flexibility to run payroll on your schedule. Great for 1-10 employees.

Learn more about SurePayroll

Pete P.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use"

Pros: Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Cons: Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Wendy C.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Best payroll service at an affordable price"

Comments: We have a very small dental office (5 employees) and I run the whole business aspect, so I needed a simple, easy to use solution for payroll. We had used ADP and Paychex for years and it worked. But when I moved to Surepayroll just to save money I didn't realize how easy payroll really could be. I love their online interface. Doing payroll takes me no time at all. The W2 reporting has been excellent as well.

Pros: It is very user friendly. I seldom if ever need any technical assistance, but when I have it was easy and the person helping me was extremely knowledgeable.

Cons: My employees have complained that accessing their account online has been difficult. We find that it doesn't work well on a smartphone and it must be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. This needs to be addressed because many of my employees no longer have a computer at home. They rely soley on their phone or tablet for their computer needs.

by SurePayroll on 17/03/2020

Wendy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Michael J.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Save Your Time, Energy and Money and find something else!"

Comments: I signed up with RM, who is a nice guy btw. I wanted to get set up with their payroll system and also use a time keeping product. I explained what I was looking for in a time keeping product and they referred me to their time keeping system because it could do things like have 3rd party managers approve time. I was told that by the rep, manager and then discovered a week later that I couldn't do it by their implementation team. Ok, I get it, they were wrong. I understand. They referred me to a list of their partners of about 12-15 or so. So I go through that whole list (which takes time btw) and pick one. I'm like "yay!" got one... finally fixed. Then a week later, it is discovered that they actually aren't a time keeping partner even though they referred me to them. And this was already after I spent $1k on setting up with that "partner". So, then I'm like whatever, you guys are clueless, let me think of a solution here. They offer me a free month of service for my troubles. Sweet. At this point, I just want to be able to pay people. I could go on in more detail but have to be brief because I'm running out of space, so here are my highlights...I set up payroll and guess what? like most of their software architecture it didn't work, the people didn't get paid. They were like, where's my paycheck? Same day I called Intuit Payroll and they took care of everything in one hour and got people paid! what a shit show from SurePayroll. Should be called ShitPayroll or unSurePayroll.

Pros: At first it was easy to use. But that only lasted a day. Everything on the back end of their software is crap. Bad connections. Different teams don't communicate to each other. It's a sad case. They should either try to fix it or give up in the industry. I definitely do not recommend them.

Cons: Whoever runs this company needs to re-examine EVERYTHING. From your front line reps, to your managers, to your operations, to you Customer Service Team to your engineers or IT staff that develop and maintain your SaaS product. I don't know how a company like Paychex can by SurePayroll and not make it better than what it is. People are nice but pretty much clueless and not helpful.

by SurePayroll on 03/03/2020

Michael, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Sondra F.
Business manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Comparable payroll platform and services for a fraction of the price"

Comments: God customer service and easy to use platform and reporting

Pros: User friendly, employees can access there account on own

Cons: I have to het a code everytime i login to the account

by SurePayroll on 06/05/2020

Sondra, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Melinda K.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"SurePayroll - Best Option for Small Businesses"

Comments: SurePayroll is amazing for my small business. It enables us to focus on the work we do, not the administrative task of doing payroll. We do not have an HR dedicated person so being efficient is #1 priority.

Pros: This software has enabled us to free of so much time. We used to do payroll manually and it would take 4-6 hrs. Now, we get it done in a matter of minutes. That alone makes it worth the money!

Cons: Overall, I don't have many cons. There was a bit of a roughness in the beginning but it has all been smooth sailing since.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Melinda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Agency Principal
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Excellent product - insanely easy to use - however be cautious when you initiate the initial set-up"

Comments: All-in-all I strongly recommend utilizing Sure Payroll, but until they fix their onboarding integrity issues, I would recommend only starting at the end of a quarter or at year end - but overall I am super happy I made the switch even with the implementation mistakes. Their product and customer service is exceptional.

Pros: This software is inherently easy to use and understand. The monthly fee's are very low. The customer service is exceptional. Once you get it set-up properly it works seamlessly and flawlessly.

Cons: Here is the caveat - if it isn't set up correctly by the person (your sales person) at initiation you will have a huge headache accessing numbers from your prior system and adding them to the new Sure Payroll software - thereby creating unnecessary headaches and hassle for you. My sales person dropped the ball twice on taking my mid-year numbers from my legacy software and inputting it at initiation into Sure Payroll. At the end of the day, Sure Payroll stepped up and fixed their mistake, but it caused me stress straightening it out with them. To alleviate this in the future, all they need to do is form an Onboarding Team that can be a check and balance to ensure the sales team loads everything correctly - so the clients life isn't disrupted when their sales team drops the ball. Until then, only transfer in at the precise end of a quarter or at year end.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Lisa B.
Owner/Director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

"Payroll Software"

Comments: I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

Pros: I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

Cons: I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

by SurePayroll on 24/03/2020

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Cherie F.
Managing Member
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees

"Definitely recommend SurePayroll"

Pros: We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

Cons: No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

by SurePayroll on 24/03/2020

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Eric J.
Attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"SurePayroll Works for me!"

Comments: They could do a better job of answering phone calls. I have been placed on hold a few times - and held longer than convenient, but once the tech support person came on the line, we resolved all issues.

Pros: Management and Payment of Employment Taxes and 1099s

Cons: Inability to completely void out a payroll check that was incorrectly issued, and instead I had to issue a negative amount the next week in order to make the adjustment for the end of year 1099.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Eric, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Lavergne P.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"You wanted feedback so here it is"

Comments: Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

Pros: For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

Cons: All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client sends last minute email with a change) and instead of being able to 'save' and make those changes, which in my mind should be able to just update in the payroll info, you lose all your input. That doesn't make sense to me. I think users would have more success if the sales person OR a training person, for new users, had a short session that would go through some of these processes. ALSO, not all customer service people are made the same. For the most part, the people I have talked to have been helpful, but it's been a 50/50 experience. One woman I wanted to hang up on her because she did not have a good attitude. The other problem I had was when a new client was set up. An employee was missed even though the 941's & DE9C's were forwarded - my client was charged for adding that missing employee and when I asked on several occasions, HOW DID YOU BALANCE (which you couldn't have since you would use the 4 qtrs of reports) I never got an answer. I asked that the charge for corrections be shared and the fee was cut in half. In my mind this was an error on your side.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Letitia P.
Chief Financial Officer

"Healing Hearts Review"

Comments: Since Sure Payroll pays and files all employee taxes for local governments we were made aware of a situation in another state where the employee should have been paying county AND city taxes that we were not aware of before. By using Sure Payroll and them filing on our behalf saved us hundreds of dollars in penalties and late fees.

Pros: I really like the reminder emails so that I don't forget to enter the information necessary for the payroll to be processed. I also really like that they take care of the necessary filings for all employee withholdings and tax payments. The software is very easy to use and if I have any questions, their customer service is very helpful and willing to assist with any issues that arise.
I was not a part of implementing the change of our payroll to the Sure Payroll software so I can't personally speak into the ease of integration. I am not aware of any problems during the switch to the new payroll system.

Cons: I am not able to print the summary reports from the printer icon. It forces me to download the report and then print it. It seems odd to have a feature that doesn't work. I'm not sure if it isn't compatible with my printer or why it doesn't do anything when I click the printer icon.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Letitia, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

George N.
Staff Psychologist
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"SurePayroll Review"

Comments: I have realized that payroll can be far cheaper than I initially thought without going with a company who has no backing from a larger institution. Other than this, Paychex acquainted me with most aspects of payroll prior to signing up.

Pros: I liked the price point for my sole proprietor small business without losing the connection to Paychex. It was far less expensive than SurePayroll while being in the SurePayroll family. The customer support and user experience were both excellent and made it easy to handle payroll. They also assisted with compliance needs which was expert and helpful

Cons: First there is a bug in the software for remembering a specific computer re: two factor authentication. However, the larger issue is the inability for PayChex to get on board with recommending or at least not badmouthing the product. I was approached numerous times to try and poach me back from SurePayroll and I was told SurePayroll would not be a solution that would help me when I closed my account with Paychex. That was truly disheartening but didnt stop my move due to the price point. That said, I felt that I had my money stolen from me by Paychex for not routing me to SurePayroll as SurePayroll covered my needs far more appropriately than Paychex.

by SurePayroll on 17/03/2020

George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are sorry that you had to jump through those unnecessary hoops. Thanks again for your kind words.

Donna V.
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees

"Sno"

Comments: I was with Sure Payroll for about 4 years and then switched banks so I went with their payroll system. It was a nightmare. Hard to enter employee information, hard to enter weekly hours and reports were really hard to navigate. So I went back to SurePayroll even though it costs me quite a bit more because they aren't my banks associate. The setup at SurePayroll is smooth. It's easy to understand everything on the website. No questions on how to enter anything or pull reports. Whoever designed this website did a great job. I do and have recommended SurePayroll to several of my business associates.

Pros: Entering the employee information and the weekly entering of the hours. It is user friendly in every way.

Cons: I know you want a con, but I honestly don't have one. I haven't run into an issue yet that has been a problem.

by SurePayroll on 17/03/2020

Donna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Andrea E.
Audiologist
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Makes Payroll stress free and so easy!"

Comments: Overall very happy, easy to run payroll and keep going with business. I have only utilized the payroll features with SurePayroll, none of the extra benefits.

Pros: This is easy to use whether it is online or in the app. It takes me minutes to run payroll at most! User friendly, great support if I have questions, and easy for my employees to use.

Cons: The auto populated dates are some how out of sync, and although it is very easy for me to go in and change the dates, they are never correct right from the start. I use this for my nanny and same thing happened there and I had to call and it was a little bit of a run around until I got someone to help me "reset" them so they were right but I have no idea all the steps they had me do to reset them so I have to call for my business to figure this out, I just haven't done it. I am sure it is my user error some how but that has been the only minor complaint.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Andrea, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Leslie T.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Best Payroll Company Around"

Comments: I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

Pros: It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

Cons: I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

David R.
General Manager
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll"

Comments: My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Pros: Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons: Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

by SurePayroll on 17/03/2020

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Tina T.
Airlines/Aviation, 13-50 Employees

"Value"

Comments: Overall great product. I highly reccoend this platform.

Pros: Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service.

Cons: Reports can not be customized and there are limited standard reports.

by SurePayroll on 30/03/2020

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Jennifer C.
Owner/Agent
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Easy to Use and Great Client Support"

Comments: I've been extremely happy with SurePayroll. Taxes are easily done for me and my accountant has also been pleased.

Pros: I love that I can pick up the phone and be walked through the process. Instead of doing it for me, they teach me the "how to's" Always so professional and helpful

Cons: There really aren't any cons I have experienced in the short time I've been a customer. It's been too easy, so far.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Jennifer, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Keith H.
Admin/Staff Pastor

"Great Decision!!!"

Comments: We were still writing checks two years ago. Don’t know why we waited so long for this!

Pros: After contacting many different companies we chose SurePayroll and we are so glad we did. They send out emails to remind you to enter payroll every week. Payroll is on default and so easy to enter or make changes. They even have an app to do payroll, however we have never used it so I can’t comment on that part.

Cons: They have a glitch in the system that has to do with separating direct deposits for one person into two checking accounts. It shows up on one of our employees that we need to write a check for .01 cents. I have spoken to them about it but they have never been able to fix the problem.

by SurePayroll on 30/03/2020

Keith, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Anna D.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Excellent Customer Service"

Comments: Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros: I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons: In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Peter M.
Optician
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Great customer support!"

Comments: Overall I would say that I am very satisfied with my experience with the service SurePayroll provides. The monthly fee is a little high for a very small business. I would suggest they drop the rates a little for business with under 3-5 employees.

Pros: We utilize SurePayroll to help with all the technical aspects of making sure our business is up to date with all the various payroll taxes associated with our state and federal requirements. Being a first time small business owner I was concerned if I was meeting all the various tax payment requirements and SurePayroll now allows me to focus on running the business day to day without being worried if I've missed any of the various payments required with running payroll. I love the peace of mind knowing that SurePayroll has me covered if anything does get overlooked, too.

Cons: The fact that I need to validate my computer ever single time I access the website even though I check the box that states: "remember this device" when I sign-in to the website.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Peter, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Emily W.
Naturopathic Doctor
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"A Happy Customer"

Comments: Excellent!

Pros: Being a small business owner requires me to wear a lot of hats. SurePayroll helps make my payroll processing hat very easy! I'm so thankful for the ease and attention of SurePayroll.

Cons: The week-to-week ease cannot be beat. My only con with the software was a tax form mishap when I first transferred over.

by SurePayroll on 17/03/2020

Emily, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Randall W.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Efficient and Reliable"

Comments: Excellent.

Pros: What do you say about a product that just works. This is the simplest, most straight-forward payroll software with which I have ever worked. Once you have entered all of the required information your off and running with out a hitch. If you need customized deductions just add them. SurePayroll is proactive with reminders concerning processing cutoffs, holiday's, etc. that could affect your processing or direct deposits. Customer Service is a short call away and has always been knowledgeable and efficient at solving my problems.

Cons: If there has ever been a Con to working with SurePayroll, I have long since forgotten about it. The only Con would be if they took it away from me.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Randall, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Stephen P.

"Used for Nanny"

Comments: Their customer service is great. Whenever I have had a problem (whether it be a self inflicted one or a error on their end), the staff has been great and very helpful!

Pros: The phone application for processing payroll is very easy to use and is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons: The website is difficult to use as it has a lot more uses and tools than I probably need for the limited payroll I have to perform.

by SurePayroll on 19/03/2020

Stephen, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura H.
Business Administrator
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Dependable Payroll Service"

Comments: We have used Sure Payroll for over three years and as a whole we have been very happy with them. For hourly employees and basic salaried employees they are awesome. Unique issues such as clergy is not as smooth.

Pros: The entry for payroll is easy to use. The default payroll that they have recently instituted makes things extremely easy. Customer service is very efficient and they answer quickly. If they promise to call back about an issue they always follow up and make sure everything is taken care of.

Cons: As a church we have a number of clergy with unique payroll needs and at times it has been difficult to make the needs of the clergy work with the system. I wish the system was a little more flexible. Also, when we first selected this company we selected them because the advertised that they specialize in clergy payroll and I would say I have educated them more than they have helped me.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018