Motive Reviews

4.5 (1,246) Write a Review!

About Motive

Motive, formerly KeepTruckin, builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses.

Learn more about Motive

Pros:

I like that this program is easy to use. Prior to our Company switching to a different program that integrated with our Company radios, and GPS, our drivers used KeepTruckin.

Cons:

We had to stop trucking due to truck and medical reasons. I contacted Keep Truckin and they refused to suspend my account.

Motive ratings

4.3

8.3/10

Motive has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1,246 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Motive before?

Filter reviews (1,246)

Simon M.
Simon M.
Business Owner in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Already a very good solution on its way to become greater and greater

5.0 last week New

Pros:

The product is relatively easy and quick to subscribe to, deploy, and use. We love how beautiful and uncluttered their apps are (mobile and desktop). The most needed features are covered with Motive's basic subscription and when coupled with a higher subscription and AI real-time dashcams, Motive leads the way as a premier partner for trucking companies.

Cons:

We do not hesitate to use their 24/7 support (phone/chat) to better understand the product and to resolve issues. However, the best way to contact them is by phone as sometimes we tend to be less understood through the chat application and it happened several times we were left without a response for long periods of time. I recommend calling them directly for quick follow-ups and resolutions.

7 days ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Bob R.
Operations Mgr in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Review

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use the price is right for the value

Cons:

We had a hard time integrating a fuel card

4 weeks ago

CA II in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Issues with the Safety Logs

2.0 last month New

Pros:

I like the system and always found it helpful in improving my driving habits. However, now it is a negative and affects my quarterly raises with my Company.

Cons:

When we first were using the software, we only had a camera on the road. My KT score was always in the 80's. However, once we installed the new cameras for the inside of the cab my scores dropped all the way down into the 40's. My driving has not changed. My safety points against me are for following to close, braking, speeding. None of these issues were an issue in the past. I recently did something similar with my car insurance and they said I had one of the best scores they had ever seen. I'm not some inexperienced young driver. I haven't had an accident or received a moving violation in over 20 years. Yet, your system indicates I'm now a poor driver.

last month

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using the Motive app/services! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Sondra F.
Safety - Compliance in US
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

KeepTruckin

Comments: I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist.
It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

Pros:

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

Cons:

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

4 months ago

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Christopher W.
Operations Manager in US

Motive Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: All experience with the software, and it's related employees has been very enjoyable

Pros:

Compared to other ELD's I've used in the past Motive is probably the easiest I've ever used.

Cons:

There isn't anything that I particularly don't care for or dislike. I wish that the Keeptruckin app had a scanner on it, allowing the operators to capture better pictures of their BOLs when they're uploaded. That would be a game changer

2 months ago

Hi Christopher, Thanks for sharing such constructive feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive services formerly KeepTruckin. We have passed your feedback as a valuable suggestion to the Product team and we hope the suggested scanning feature is available soon. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Bj S.
Executive Dir in US

BJ Motive Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Motive has been great!!

Pros:

I love the real-time features, that allow you to follow a vehicle step by step from location to location

Cons:

To be honest I haven't found any features of the software that I liked least. I guess I would say, no longer having the ability to allow drivers to onboard through the Motive link

3 weeks ago

Sergey R.
Trucking Company in US

keeps me compliant

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use and keep the logs neat and helps with my IFTA reports

Cons:

two-letter state territory abbreviations could help! for IFTA reports

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback, Sergey. We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive services formerly KeepTruckin. We've passed your IFTA-related 2 letter state abbreviation suggestion to our product team so that they can consider it in the upcoming development. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Courtney D.
Owner/Secretary in US

Keep Truckin ELDs

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So far so good, when ever I have issues the customer support has been AWESOME!

Pros:

I like having the safety alerts, the alerts for the trucks maintenance, the BOL, and maintenance side of it all built in.

Cons:

My drivers are having a bit of trouble figuring out some of the logs parts, but it is a learning curve.

2 weeks ago

Karen T.
General Manager in US

Great product!

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have had a very good experience with Motive thus far and I especially appreciate that support is available when I need it. The support staff was always helpful when I called.

Pros:

There are several features that I like about Motive. First, I like that it tracks all trips even if the driver is not signed in. In trucking things can move pretty fast sometimes so it’s really useful that you can go back and correctly assign trips. Second, I like that it tracks miles which makes it easier to report come tax time. Third, I like that it’s easy to send files to DOT for inspection.

Cons:

I don’t like that there is no way for a driver to differentiate between pick up driving time and driving time to delivery for the driver’s own tracking purposes.

last week

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Ceo in Côte d’Ivoire
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

The best software I never use

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has allowed me to refocus my route tracking and better assist my driving partners in case of traffic jams and give them better directions to quickly complete errands and trips.

Pros:

The application is great for route tracking and especially when it comes to doing a route review it is great. I like more its ease of deployment and it doesn't need a high internet speed to work.

Cons:

The only drawback is that the application has a latency in some areas less covered by the internet network but I think it's not really the fault of the application but the internet

last month

Hi, Thank you for the wonderful review! Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Brian F.
owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Comments: I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros:

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons:

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph. 2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour. 3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

6 months ago

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services. Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Emily K.
Safety in US

#1 thing it is easy for drivers

Comments: overall I like KT. I do believe they should think about giving better rates to the people that have been with them. When we renewed my company chose to not go with KT because someone else made us a better offer and it was not easy to get KT to match the offer and when they did if they would have just offered me that deal in the beginning it would have saved me ALOT of time and since we are a small company TIME is very valuable.

Pros:

I have to do the training for drivers so I appreciate how easy it is to train on. I also like knowing where our trucks are and being able to see that everything is ok everyday. Even the drivers that were against ELDs like it and have found it makes life easier.

Cons:

customer service and sales teams. I have had so really difficult experiences with both. Not that it is every time I call but I have had people that could not find my account tell me I don't have KT hang up call back and new rep had no problem. I have been so frustrated trying to order a new device that I was ready to just give up but called one more time got someone else and problem solved so I know there are good reps there. Some have accents that are very hard to understand but that is just a minor detail that can usually be worked thru.

10 months ago

Hi Emily, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Safe rides!

Marc A.

Duncan Oil

Comments: Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

Pros:

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

Cons:

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

11 months ago

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Dave G.
Safety Director in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Just the basics

Comments: My thoughts, Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD. The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

11 months ago

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Gabriel N.

Great Product!

Pros:

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

Cons:

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

12 months ago

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Yehor S.
President in US

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Comments: Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

Pros:

+ Interface + Integrations that works great for our customers and us + Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great + Driver Mobil APP

Cons:

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time - Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better - Customer Support Could be better - Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features - Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness) - When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

last year

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at [email protected] and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Carl B.
Owner/Manager/Driver in US

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

Comments: I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

Pros:

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

Cons:

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

last year

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Andrea C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

Comments: If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros:

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

Cons:

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

last year

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with [email protected] so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Anthony M.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees

ELD for a newbie

Pros:

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons:

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

last year

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Cammy C.
President in US

Easy to use

Comments: KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros:

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons:

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

last year

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris N.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

Best Decision for our Company

Comments: our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros:

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons:

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation. When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

last year

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

William E.
Compliance, Recruiting, & Safety Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

Decent product, does what it is supposed to

Comments: Working with KT has been pleasant/productive overall. Their app IS helping me keep my trucks compliant and legal. When I DO need support both the response and turnaround time are awesome!

Pros:

What I like most is the wealth of notifications you can get from this application. The app keeps you informed even if you are not logged into it. Very useful to someone that runs three departments within a trucking company.

Cons:

Some things are hard to find in the driver app version, so you have to call support and have them "lead you to it".

last year

Hi William, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Gracie E.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Comments: This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

Pros:

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

Cons:

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

10 months ago

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Carlos H.

Motive Review

5.0 3 days ago New

Comments: Overall experience is very good and very happy with the products, software and customer service.

Pros:

Accessibility and relative ease of use. User friendly.

Cons:

The “touchy” tracking nature of the ELD when the truck is moving slowly though will put the driver in driving duty status when in Off Duty or Sleeper status.

2 days ago

Lauri J.
Safety Director in US

Peace of mind

Comments: The benefits are that we can count on the devices to work as they are supposed to and they keep us in compliance with DOT regulations. The last company we were with was very hit and miss on if their equipment worked as it was supposed to for the clients. It was disturbing.

Pros:

We only employ owner/operators and most are up in age and do not like technology or change. They were pleasantly surprised with your system and the ease of use. As the Safety Director, I like that I am sent an email any time there is an HOS issue with any of our drivers. I applaud your tech support team too! They are very knowledgeable and patient.

Cons:

Integration to Keep Trukin was pleasantly easy. Our driver's installed the devices themselves and they are older guys that do not like change or technology. I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about the software.

9 months ago

Thank you so much for your response! We are glad that you like it. Do let us know in case if you have any suggestions as we would be more than happy to hear them.