Must Use Payroll Software

Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Kaitlen C.
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Pros: Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Cons: Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Service Extraordinaire!

Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Gerry K.
Co-Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros: Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons: Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

by Wagepoint on 20/11/2019

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review.

In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :)

We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations.

Thanks again!
Erika

Wagepoint Rocks!

Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Markus M.
Bookkeeper Extraordinaire
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I very much enjoy Wagepoint - and if there's any struggles or questions, the support team is a quick email away. Their support team finds you the answer and actually helps you, which is why I didn't bother using QBO's built-in payroll... Their support team is nowhere near as helpful as Wagepoint's.

Pros: Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint sorts things in logical places, which in turn makes things easy to find. Learning the layout comes with ease.
The auto source deduction remittances have also been a huge life saver - less things to worry about!

Cons: If there was a con, like a missing report or details we wanted to see, we simply suggested and asked if something like that could be created... And a couple months later, they actually made it happen!

Best Payroll Service out there!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019
Monika L.
Certified Professional Bookkeeper/Payroll Compliance Practicioner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros: We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons: None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

by Wagepoint on 16/10/2019

Hi Monika,
We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain.
Michelle

Top Canadian Option for Payroll

Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Michael S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is the only payroll software I use for my clients and is the recommendation I make to others when consulting on payroll software. Wagepoint is a great company with incredible people. In the past 18 months I have been using Wagepoint I have had nothing but incredible service and happy clients.

Pros: Customer support is incredibly fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Product is easy to use and thus my recommendation for small business owner's doing their own payroll. Reports are better visually than other payroll providers. Great value for money.

Cons: I don't like the prefill on the stat holiday calculation based on 1/28. In reality stat holidays are bit trickier to calculate in Alberta than a straight formula.

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Virginia M.
bookkeeper/business owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

Pros: Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

Cons: Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

by Wagepoint on 20/11/2019

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review.

We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :)
- Erika

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Jane J.
Senior Accountant
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

Pros: Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional. I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

Cons: I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Janine B.
Bookkeeper
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

Pros: -Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers
-Easy set up and clean dashboard
-Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's
-Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

Cons: We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Nancy A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros: We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons: There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Waste of Time and Money

Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Jason M.
CFO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Run away!

Pros: It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

Cons: We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

by Wagepoint on 23/07/2019

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint.

As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business.

Sincerely,
Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Great product!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Carleen V.
Payroll Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons: I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

Best payroll provider!

Reviewed on 27/06/2016
Caitlin M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Pros: Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons: I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Celeste P.
HR Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

Pros: -Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense.
-Great staff with a fast response time.
-Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Hi Celeste,

I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :)

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you.

Amazing Payroll Software!

Reviewed on 03/08/2016
Alison G.
CAO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros: Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons: Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Hi Alison,
We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.
I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better.
In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via [email protected], and we'd be happy to help!
Cheers,
Leena

The best choice for a small - medium business

Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Krista H.
Director of HR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

Pros: The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

Cons: I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

by Wagepoint on 28/06/2017

Hi Krista,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :)

It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support.

Cheers,
Leena

Wagepoint will eliminate your payroll pain

Reviewed on 23/06/2016
Jennie M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My practice was eager to streamline its workflows as it related to payroll. We have fully embraced Cloud Technology and with such needed to find an online solution for payroll. Since implementing Wagepoint our firm has saved roughly an incredible amount of time, we now can focus on what our client really want.....Feedback.

Pros: Not sure if 1500 characters is enough to mention all the Pros. So here they are in short form: Employee Portal for employees to view T4 & Paystubs and change address info. Direct deposit. Auto remittance to CRA for payroll deductions. Auto remittance to WSIB for workers compensation premiums, auto Record of Employment generation (perfect for seasonal clients), EHT remittances, easy reports to export to Quickbooks Online or other cloud accounting solutions. Employees can divide pay into 3 CDN$ bank accounts. Multiple pay groups allowed. Easy to implement. Customer service totally ROCKS!!! Easy request to auto populate deductions....AND HERE IS THE BEST PART.....it automatically calculates Stat Pay!!! Whoot Whoot!

Cons: I would like to see more time keeping applications be able to integrate into this platform.

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Dana R.
Payroll/ HR Admin
Retail, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros: This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons: I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

We love Wagepoint!

Deborah S.
President/CEO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Pros: Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Hi Deborah,

We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help.

Does everything you need

Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

Pros: This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

Cons: I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Very fast responses!

Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Laura G.
Partner
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great - we love the software and the customer service!

Pros: The team at Wagepoint is amazing and their response time is impressive! We have contacted them twice in the last two days and they have responded back within minutes. The software is so easy to use!

Cons: The one thing I would recommend is that Administrator's have the ability to update their team members and the ability to assign clients to those team members rather than having the whole team able to access all the clients. This would help from an internal controls perspective.

by Wagepoint on 20/11/2019

Hi Laura! Thanks for your positive review.

We're so glad you've had a good experience with our support team! We take great pride in our friendly service.

Per your note on internal controls, that's a great suggestion about assigning roles within your partner account. We're currently working on updating a number of features for accounting partners, so we will definitely take this feature into consideration.

Thanks again!
Erika

Cannot do payroll without it!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Summer R.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros: 1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons: If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Hans N.
Owner/Manager
Hospitality
Customer Support

Pros: Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons: The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why not just have the information available on the main payroll screen and add it as dollar amounts? Strange manual work for a product that is so automatic otherwise. Adding tips is a strange too. You have to manually choose to add tips every time. Should be configurable to always show tips column, for example. Reports could be more customizable. Like totals for specific time periods. Quebec support could be a bit better.

by Wagepoint on 27/04/2018

Hi Hans,
We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts.

GREAT and EASY to use

Nicole K.
office manager
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros: Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons: That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing.
As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing.
Either way, I look forward to hearing from you.

Great for founders

Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Tom M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I LOVE Wagepoint. I can't imagine having to do all this stuff myself - entrepreneurs shouldn't be spending time on things like getting all the accountys right, worrying if they've made the correct filings with the government etc. My employee (hopefully making that plural, soon) loves it too, and he is not easily impressed by UX/UI.

Cons: The only think is that with the Xero integration, the reports don't export automatically. So, every two weeks, I have to go in and push a few buttons to send it to Xero. Honestly, not that big of a deal, and still way better than any alternative, but it will be awesome when they add that automation.

by Wagepoint on 03/11/2019

Hi Tom,
Love received and much appreciated. I'll also pass the notes on the Xero integration to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
All the best,
Michelle

Amazing Support

Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Shawna S.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly! I would absolutely recommend this team to any small business owner, they are just wonderful.

Pros: Everything an employer needs for payroll
Set it up once, and it automatically handles payroll going forward
Changes are at your fingertips
Very reasonable fees compared to other payroll companies
Great communications regarding deadlines, changes with holiday paycheck timing, etc.

Cons: I don't know where to find everything in the software when I need to make a change - but that is only due to my lack of experience/training in the payroll process and infrequency using this product; this is where Wagepoint's wonderful support team comes in and talks me through, step by step, whatever I need.