Filter by:

• Overall

About Quire

Quire is a collaborative project management tool for organizing tasks in a unique nested task list, Kanban board and Timeline view.

Learn more about Quire

Amer D.
CTO
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2021

"Best Task-Management Software i have ever seen"

Comments: just like it!

Pros: its free, its easy to use, perfect implementation for usability

Cons: difficult to say... i have to sing-in for all Members to do the configuration (no Admin-Tool or default settings for whole organization)

• Reviewed on 16/04/2021
Ken P.
Director of Post Production
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Great Tool For Keeping A Team Up To Date With The Latest Information"

Comments: We work in a business where we have to be on top of things, we can't make any mistakes, and quick / accurate delivery of elements to our clients is paramount. By using a project management system like Quire, we can have a visual status of our various projects, with up-to-date information, contacts and specifications, so we can move at a quicker pace with significantly fewer questions. The support for Quire has been great, with quick responses and excitement over adding new / different features that we have requested. They also "dog food" their software and use the actual Quire service for their FAQ and some support questions, so they know what works and doesn't work.

Pros: My team and I work in a high speed environment where keeping track of the latest information via emails, texts, calls and more is extremely hard. Quire has been a great tool for keeping the entire team up to date with all of the latest and greatest information. We don't want anyone to have to refer back to emails to see what is correct, so we make sure that we immediately update the project information in Quire and then everyone is on the same page. We set up a tagging system, so that our various clients and the various facilities we do work at each have a tag with a particular color. As we open up a new project, we will apply the correct tags, so we know at a quick glance who the important players are. This is especially useful as everyone on the team bounces around from project to project, so knowing who is involved and what job # to bill to is very important. Quire handles this all very well. Quire also allows you to attach small files, which is one the main features we use, and possibly the most important. We know that the latest spec sheet is in the project on Quire, so we don't have to search around for it. It keeps our artists on track and asking way fewer questions. Quire's sync is very good and updates very quickly when others make changes / updates. We use the web and iOS versions all day every day.

Cons: I feel like the searching functionality could be improved, so when you search for a particular name or client or job name, it only shows you the tasks that match your search. Right now, it only highlights matching tasks in a long list. It makes it too difficult to find a specific old job, so for instance you can copy information from the old job task to a new job task.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Jefe de Proyecto Facturación Electrónica
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Nice software tracking tasks"

Comments: I have many projects with different teams and I can see dashboards for each team.

Pros: Is clean, you set up the dashboards you want. It is flexible for each user. You can build your dashboards

Cons: Integration with gitlab, maybe improve some reports. Improve in members page with links to go back.
Integration with SSO.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Akshay N.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Among the various task management software apps available, Quire is a gem!"

Pros: * Easy to use
* Can define a task along with all its attributes (tag, due date, assignee) in a single line without any mouse clicks
* Keyboard shortcuts (you don't have to use the mouse!)
* Markdown support (this is fantastic!)
* Search and filtering capability
* Tagging capability
* Can set priorities for tasks
* Can set due dates and set reminder times
* Can highlight text, color text
* Hierarchical management (organization, project, tasks)
* Ability to move tasks between projects
* If using in a team, easy to set assignees
* Extremely responsive customer support (5 stars)
* Feels very lightweight! (personal opinion)
* Can set 'In Progress' and 'Complete' for tasks
* Can attach local files and files from Google Drive
* Available on iOS, Android and Web
What am I missing??? :)
Oh yes! All this and yet it's Free! :)

Cons: Nothing comes to mind!
* Over time I'd like to see different ways of viewing the same data, for e.g. Kanban Style, Gantt chart etc.
* In addition to due date, I'd like to set the reminder time while entering a task itself.

Kostiantyn K.
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2021

"Amazing product for small startups withoud funding at the start of the project"

Comments: Project management

Pros: A lot of features + free software, which is very important for small startups

Cons: Tracking system
Scrum methodology functionality

• Reviewed on 02/08/2021
Ahmed B.
Founder/M. Dirctor
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2017

"As easy as using Notepad, as powerful as Word."

Comments: Our tasks and projects has been streamlined. I am so impressed that I even use it on a personal level with my own children.

Pros: There are many things that I like about Quire. The first is how easy for us to get started. I also like that I could have a chat/notes for every task and sub-tasks. I love the integration with Google Drive and Google Calendar.

Cons: I would like to see some integration with Dropbox will be great. I also think the interface needs to be slightly better.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Dominic P.
Senior Manager - New Product Development
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2017

"I have really loved using Quire after trying so many different PM tools. Has made my work so easy!!!"

Comments: This software has made my overall work really easy to manage.

Pros: I like Quire unlimited subtasks feature as it allows me to break a bigger problem to small chunks and then accordingly manage the tasks.

Cons: Missing native android app and lack of calendar feature. Additionally, I would like to have a feature in Quire where I can view all tasks in at least 10 projects. The current limit is 5!

• Reviewed on 21/08/2017
Diego D.
Gerende de Desenvolvimento de Software
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"This product is realy easy to use."

Comments: It helps me a lot to manage my tasks

Pros: 1. It is very easy to use
2. You can do almost everything in a single page
3. They have mobile solution
4. Login with you e-mail
5. Don't have limit for the size of the team
6. Integration with slack

Cons: 1. The graphics are not the bests
2. They just have two themes (Light and Dark)
3. There is nothing more I can tell about it

Mark E.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2017

"Flexible and easy to use!"

Comments: Flexibility and easy of use. I much prefer the original web design, but the way it is right now is absolutely fine. It's still simple and intuitive to use.

Pros: I like it's versatility and how it's so simple to use. I work in teams on projects with dozens and sometimes hundreds of tasks, and I find this software really useful and stress-relieving.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Sebastian S.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"We use it as CRM tool and consider it be a perfect fit for our non standard business"

Pros: It is easy to use, mobile, easy to share with colleagues and business partners and great to keep track of things to do

Cons: Sometimes one needs to hit refresh to reload certain functions. Otherwise, I don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Carlos S.
Owner and Creative director
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"Tried several task and project management and Quire is the best experience i have."

Pros: Easy to use; Features range; Costumer support. I like a lot to be possible to costumize tags. It is fantastic to be able to add files and preview them in the task. Very good and stable app, that let my team to be always updated. Very useful and powerful

Cons: No timeline view. Not to be able to resize columns to show full name (i'm a safari user). It helped a lot if we could to see all the tasks in all projects at once (now we can do it with smart folders but limited to 5 projects) and print the description task.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Taabish K.
Editor
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Quire has raised the collaboration between me and my colleagues to a whole new level. Love it!"

Comments: Increased collaboration, easy to use and teach others.

Pros: Very easy to use. It can also be used as a reminder, although that is not its primary task. Development collaboration has become easier because of it.

Cons: I wish they would add Kanban boards and make it more visually appealing. Also wish to see more and more project management tools added to it if possible.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
David C.
David C.
Freelance Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Simplistic project management app"

Comments: Quire is everything I've been looking for! Simple, fast and functional without a huge learning curve.

Pros: The best feature of this software is it's simplicity - I know a lot of people want a bucket load of features but in this case simplicity rules!

Cons: This software is still officially in beta so there are a couple of minor bugs every now and then but support quickly irons them out

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Belman C.
Technical Support Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"One of the best so far!"

Comments: Overall, I have a pleasant experience using this software.

Pros: This app gets the job done. I've tried many productivity apps and so far, Quire suits my needs and I like that there are multiple devices supported.

Cons: Customizing colors currently is not available.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Damian D.
Managing Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2021

"Simple, but extremely powerful software"

Comments: Overall I'm loving it and using Quire on a daily basis. It made my life so easy that I cannot believe how I managed before without it. It's clean, elegant and for me very easy to use. It took me maybe 2-3 hours to figure out most of the stuff and a day or so to feel really comfortable with it. Quire has all the features I wanted to have and gives me the ability to organize my business efficiently. It's brilliant that I can have several workspaces with multiple projects. Which I can further split into nested tasks with subtasks, but also into linked sublists with differnt view, e.g. boards. Even if I'm looking for something it turns out to be better thought out then how I would expect it to be or look like. Plus I can get an overview of progress stats and progress summary. Not to mention the support is amazing! Fast, responsive and eager to help. Something that you won't see much when it comes to free tools. Honestly, I can't believe it really is a free tool.

Pros: Simple. Fast. Intuitive. Not distracting. Gives everything a freelancer, SMBs or corporate might need. It's not overly complicated with unnecessary features. Tree structure is absolutely awesome! This way you can break every project into actually manageable tasks. Every task or subtask can have priority, start and due date, responsible person or external team and files attached. FREE.

Cons: Minimalistic view might give an impression it's super basic and won't provide what you need [but the truth is exactly the opposite]. Some people might find lack of chat or message board a disadvantage [but for me tasks comments are enough and allow me to keep things tidy]. There is no calendar view so it can be seen as a negative by some people [but there is a timeline view which is good enough for me]. Not sure how pricing structure will look like in the future.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, TaskQue and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Quire: For me personally it felt most intuitive and had all the features I wanted to have. After testing Quire and 2 other tools I decided Quire works best for my individual needs. One of the points was the ability to have all projects / workspaces available on the left panel so I can see all the most important things without clicking back and forth. Also the design is not overwhelming so that's a positive.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2021
Tushant M.
Animator and Illustrator
Animation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2017

"Simple, brilliant and beautiful!"

Comments: Quire's biggest strength is its simplicity, and that has been a boon for me, which is why I've stuck to it. It allows me to plan-out my projects extensively and manage them at a glance, saving me plenty of time and effort in order to get things done.

Pros: I've used many task management applications before for their various strengths and functionality in conjunction such as Trello, Keep, Workflowy, etc. at the same time but Quire is an interesting middle-ground. While it doesn't consist of the strengths of the other tools, it sits comfortably in between them and is pretty consistent with one's desired workflow. It's simple enough to quickly manage and navigate through, and has enough complex features for someone like me to keep track of larger projects, whether in a team or simply working solo. Its tag-search system is also fantastic! It allows the tool to get out of your way so that you can put more time and energy on your actual work. Another brilliant idea that Quire has had recently is to have an app-less access to your project via browser shortcut on smartphones. What it does is that it saves a shortcut your phone's desktop so you can access your tasks even if offline just like an app without having to install anything! I love that!

Cons: While the desktop navigation is fantastic via short-cuts, Quire seems to be pretty clunky on smartphones. I can still drag around tasks no problem (except for my chubby finger not letting me see where I'm even dropping it), it's really hard to use it to create and manage tasks or plan-out projects on-the-go. This is partly what keeps me from using it on Android, and instead I still rely on Google Keep. Other things may be considered a "con" for some, even though it wasn't for me, but thought I'd mention either way: For one, Quire's strength is in its simplicity, so there may not be features that high-end project-management tools are expected to have, such as the Timeline feature. Personally I did not require it, because Quire's Progress Stats is fine enough for me. Secondly, part of Quire's simplicity aspect goes into how the tasks are managed; when you finish a task, it is removed from sight, therefore out of mind so you can now focus on something else. While it makes you more efficient and productive (provided you've planned things out ahead of time), in certain projects there are times when I'd like to keep track of completed tasks, and it's not really easy to do that quickly in Quire unless you decide before-hand how you intend to use it. But that's just a minor nitpick, so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I do mind lack of Google Calendar integration.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2017
Jose luis P.
Farming, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Extremely powerful yet simple to use"

Comments: Much productive team, that spends less time on email, and more time completing tasks.

Pros: Quire has a very powerful tree like interface to tasks management, and it also is very intuitive, simple and elegant.
The tree can be collapsed / expanded at will for each user, that can filter the tasks in many ways.
Integration with Google G Suite is excellent: Same login procedure, Google Drive, and email of deadlines and all kind of notifications.
Every information is synced online with all users.
Simple to use 'red dots' signal the tasks that had meaningful changes.
Quire adoption is very easy and straightforward. As new users are invited to projects and start to use the simple yet powerfull interface, at no time they realize they could use it to other needs/projects, and start their own projects/assignments to other users. Any new project we can think of is rapidly scathed in Quire. It's viral.
Right after starting to use Quire, we've been dealing with much less emails and calendar reminders, our users focus on tasks directly on Quire.
With Quire, stake holders only set notifications on tasks that they are really interested in.

Cons: As simple and powerful, it's easy for new users to mistakenly complete tasks, so we need to sometimes review the 'all completed tasks' panel (or the notification email) to assure those are really done.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2017
Bob E.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2016

"Some thoughts after trying Quire"

Comments: I have been experimenting with Quire, It has some nice features, however I prefer WorkFlowy for its ease of navigation and plainness, but had I not discovered WorkFlowy after Springpad shut down, I would have probably started using Quire because of it's features and functionality.

Pros: There is the option of adding new sub list items to top or bottom of list
There are nice shortcut instructions when hovering over function icon
It is easy to keep track of who is collaborating on a project
Collaboration conversations can be always in view
Quire is a little different from other apps that I have tried. The design and layout doesn't seem to get in the way as much.
There is the ability to add Due Dates and Reminders
I rarely collaborate on projects with others. If I collaborated more often I might be more inclined to use Quire regularly.
I am impressed that Quire developers have reached out to me several times to asking for feedback about my usage and to answer questions that I had.
There is a detailed history of editing of each specific project

Cons: Like most other note taking apps available, Quire does have a somewhat rigid structure that gets in the way of productivity for me, but may be useful for others.
Navigation on the Quire screen is a little more spread out than the WorkFlowy screen. Making use of the Keyboard shortcuts is suggested
A few times I unintentionally pressed the complete button and "completed" an item on Android
I find navigating the page, using built-in calendars and other features is unnecessary for what I want to accomplish
Quire is a little slower than WorkFlowy to refresh
I am able to do pretty much everything in Quire that I can do with WorkFlowy, but it is a little more time consuming
The adding tasks and subtasks and breaking them down is a little more complicated in Quire
a benefit of WorkFlowy is that you can compose or copy and paste any portion of your entire WorkFlowy list into an email, letter, article, app or document. There is some exporting of Quire into a CSV document, which can be copied and pasted into a document with some reworking.
As much or as little of your whole WorkFlowy list can be shown at one time #n
Unlike Quire, WorkFlowy does not have predetermined frames to enter text into you can always see the entire text

• Reviewed on 11/08/2016
Brad M.
Brad M.
SEO Consultant
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Convenient, efficient, effective, simple"

Comments: I use it for task management to organise what I need to do, and assign my team tasks. Also there's a mobile app so I can see what the team is getting done when I'm not at the computer.

Pros: I can 'deep dive' doing sub tasks to sub tasks as deep as I like, and each point can have their own deadline, description, labels, comments etc. With other platforms each task only has one deadline but you know, things aren't always that simple. There are big goals and there are little objectives that need to be met to reach those goals, and there are errands that need to be done before you can do those objectives. Quire allows you to plot all these out, assign them to different people and with different deadlines. Its great. Also its free, at least for now.

Cons: Its only a little thing and isn't really an issue: When you sort the tasks in order of due date, you don't know which sub-tasks are for what task. So lets say for example you have different clients that all need the same three tasks done for them (task A, B & C), and with different deadlines. When you sort in order of due date, you notice that task A is due tomorrow - but you don't know who for. Unless you clear the sorting, there's no way of knowing. Of course you can just select the specific sub-task, turn off the sort and turn it back on again when you know who it is, but then what about the other sub-tasks? Its only a mild inconvenience and I don't really use the due date sort that often anyway.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Jovana V.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"As Simple as Quire"

Comments: My experience is very positive as I was surprised how simplicity can actually enhance task management. I like to be able to categorize tasks and subtasks as my ideas germinate. Being able to go into all the details and be able to visually have a distinctive presentation of a task at hand is amazing.

Pros: One thing that was a real mind-blow was how simple Quire is. It's super simple, clear and user-friendly. On top of that, it is one of those task management tools that let you expand on the task to its most minutious details. Nesting allows you to create tasks and subtasks that are coherent and relatable.

Cons: To maintain the simplicity Quire decided to sacrifice some functionality features. I personally don't mind because there are a great many tools out there focusing on expanding on different functions. Quire should remain simple even it means that it should look somewhat rudimentary.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Renan S.
Renan S.
Web Developer - Web Entrepreneur
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Quire takes the lion's share in the jungle of project management software"

Comments: I was an early adopter - I started to use the app from the start.
It seemed to me that time the team behind Quire was skillful, ambitious and serious.
If you see now how much it has improved since I guess it was true.
What I enjoy the most personally is the design and user experience, it feels very natural and reactive.
I can say it will probably suit most of your needs now.

Pros: - Actively developed by a creative team
- There were already quite many apps when Quire started ; they were smart enough do get the best from what existed then and they had good ideas too.
- Good Styling options (Dark theme is one)
- Dates/Calendar management
- Fast interactions / intuitive handling
- Many options to follow tasks lists, boards (Kanban), reporting features, team interactions and team management
- They provide migration tools from other apps (Asana, Wunderlist, Trello...)

Cons: At first, the application didn't have as many features, so I have not exclusively used Quire since.
I believe that now it would be possible.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Shiny P.
Product Development Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"Quire helps me keep a tab of my project progress and updates."

Comments: It makes me more organized in my work. At the same time ensures that I keep everyone updated about my project progress and updates.

Pros: User interface
Timely reminder
Collaborative work environment
Tags
Option to export all the tasks

Cons: No Calendar feature
Cannot have more than 1 person assigned to a task
Android app is not up to the mark

by Potix on 29/08/2017

Hi Shiny,
We do support sync with Google Calendar, iCal and Outlook Calendar (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/13/Sync_to_Google_Calen...) and also assign more than 1 person to a task (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/3/Assign_a_task_to_you...). :)

• Reviewed on 22/08/2017
Jeffrey W.
Jeffrey W.
Board of Directors
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Project Management and Check Lists"

Comments: Has been a great place to create multiple checklists and allows things not to be overlooked and improved upon from event to event.

Pros: The simplicity of use and interface allows me to have mutliple users access and work within or bi-annual checklists to execute an event.

Cons: Wish there was a way to "skip" a recurring task if it is not needed that time. Right now have to change the due date.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Jacalyn R.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"All in one for free!"

Comments: Solves everything for FREE!!!

Pros: Finally, I've completed my project management app search with Quire. I want the kanban feature and gnatt charting without the pricetag that comes with and Quire supplies it all. Very easy to pick up

Cons: Sometimes when making edits on the desktop app, edits are saved when downloading certain lists and re-uploading them as the lists need to then be updated online too. Perhaps an instant sync button would be helpful for edits within the app to show up online.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Quire: Price and features!

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021
Matt D.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2015

"The best task-centric project management system I've used."

Comments: I've been using Quire for about two months now. Prior to that, I had tried a number of different project management suites. However, until quire, nothing proved more powerful and useful that a simple text document. Most project management suites have an opinionated idea on how you should organize your tasks, and limit you within those boundaries. Usually the problem I find is that I get to a point where I want to further break down a task and I can't. Quire does not impose any limits on how you break down and organize tasks. They can be infinitely nested. Furthermore, it comes with a number of powerful features that makes collaboration much simpler. Features include groups, roles, tagging, due dates with a view of upcoming tasks across all projects. Users can be grouped into organizations and assigned to projects with particular roles. Quire is polished and fast. It is primarily web-based at the moment, but is responsive and works great from both a desktop and a mobile device. It is replete with keyboard shortcuts for those of us who value efficiency. I have found a few bugs and I have submitted a few feature requests. The developers are extremely attentive. Many of my feature requests (such as Ctrl+A to select all tasks) were implemented in just a few days, and most bugs were solved within 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2015