Neto Reviews

by Neto E-commerce Solutions

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5

About Neto

Our e-commerce platform enables retailers and wholesalers, of any size, to develop and maintain powerful online stores.

Learn more about Neto

Showing 25 reviews of 70

Aaron J.
Owner/Operator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2017

"Great product and friendly customer service"

Comments: When I decided to launch my online business it was a bit nerv racking and overwhelming. Not knowing where to start or what I needed I continually read article reviews and got advice from family and friends. I decided on Neto as they were an Australian company with local support. On starting up the trial, you realise just how many features you have at your fingertips. It was a bit of a slow start but after reading through the help docs and watching a couple of introductory videos, I had a reasonable idea of what I needed to get started. The step-by-step guides were my saviour and if I did get stuck at any point, I called through to support who were willing to help out. My setup was going to be basic and I was mainly interested in trading on eBay at first. I found the eBay team knowledgeable and they helped me setup my shipping and payment methods too. On top of this, I got a free eBay store for 6 months, so this definitely helped. I have read other reviews where people are advising that the system is hard to use and I can see how people can be a bit overawed by the options they have. What I'd recommend, is decide on what features you need to get started, get a plan in place and stick to it. Once you understand the basics of the product and shipping setup, you will have a trading store quicker than you think. As with any business, you need to put in the time and learn the platform. Once you do, you can dive into the advanced features like accounting integration, marketing campaigns and advanced shipping integration. My next step will be to use their new Inventory module to manage all of my purchase orders and stock control. Overall, while this platform isn't as simple as some of your more basic options, it will do everything you need and provide you with many more options as you grow. Take the time, learn the product and you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

Pros: The amount of features. The eBay integration saves on time and management. Their are numerous payment options to choose and the accounting integrations are seamless.

Cons: Can take some time to get your head around the platform. You will need to put in the effort to learn it.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2017
Steve L.
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2017

"Sophisticated features, knowledgeable and available support"

Comments: First off, I absolutely love your software; the integration of sophisticated and multi-tiered functionality, all configurable, is a testimony to the overarching design philosophy, architecture and subsequent coding implementation. Damn fine team of solution designers and engineers in my humble opinion. To implement this you have an absolutely superb support team. I was always treated kindly and with respect (regardless of my stress level), and furthermore the support staff know their stuff. If someone didnt, then my issue was always redirected to someone who did. No black holes in your organisation, well done. Neto was the fourth eCommerce solution I trialed. The Raw Deal Natural Foods has Vend integration and there is NO solution out there that integrates with Vend customers (including the woo commerce universe). All in all I spent over four months messing about with other solutions until I discovered Neto. For me nothing else came even a close second.

Pros: Fully featured and ALL configurable through the back end.
Excellent pick, pack and shipping vendor integration.
Access to source via FTP.
Support teams responsive and knowledgeable.
Solid Vend customer and inventory integration.
Good value.

Cons: Many of the implementation issues I faced (mostly through my lack of understanding) could have been addressed if the support documentation was more detailed.
Documentation is OK on the 'how to' do basic things but has little depth based on outcomes you are trying to achieve.
I could have saved much of my time AND support staff time if I could find the appropriate documentation. Many (most) new customers will have had the same sort of questions/issues.
Flow charts for pick/pack/ship options would be useful.

Charles J.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Amazing service"

Comments: We have been with NETO for around five years now. Initially their service was average and their site struggled with speed issues.
They now have a site packed full of great features and a huge partner network. Their customer service is second to none. As soon as we put a support ticket in, we receive a detail response, often within the hour and almost always the same day.
They continue to expand their site offerings and have started to engage further with us (their clients) on how we'd like to see their platform develop.
We recommend them highly.

Pros: Heaps of features. One service provider instead of dozens.

Cons: Most of the major issues we had with the software were resolved quite some time ago. There are features being developed that we are looking forward to but the major bugs that used to piss us off are now gone.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Elliot W.
Marketing Manager
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"A Great Business Partner"

Comments: Overall positive. Our set up now is much more streamlined that what was previously in place. We communicate better with our customer base, present better and the online component of our business has seen an increase of 15% in the first 6 months YOY.

Pros: As an introduction ecommerce platform, it was a much needed step up from existing infrastructure and has not only improved the online face of the brand and company, but also the functionality in the process automation. When something fits your business requirements, its easy to speak highly of it.

Cons: The introduction to the product requirements was a shock at first but the constant support calls and gaining a greater understanding of the requirements (and why). We had some limitations on designs quoted on post launch, which I understand were sent out to recommended service providers, but they seemed very expensive. Not sure if resulting from the external agent or them needing to work with Neto's code, but we didn't go ahead with that particular project.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Virginia K.
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2017

"NETO has been quick with replies and the every increasing features means we are able to grow"

Comments: All our sales channels are through the one system now and helps with ability to know stock levels and have best reportable information.

Pros: Australian based, has omnichannel that is seamless and add-ons integrate very easily. Neto is quick to respond to my many inquiries and the software is surprising simple to use. We have changed to do ALL sales via this - phone sale, shop sales, trade show sales & of course internet sales

Cons: There is no next button - i.e. if updating customer information or item information you can not click on "next" you have to go out and re-select - BIG MINUS but it and the inability to easily change invoice and POS receipts (like in a WYSIWYG format) is the only negative

• Reviewed on 29/05/2017
Jordan L.
Textiles, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2017

"Neto so far has been fine. I think for an eCommerce platform it works fine."

Comments: More client growth, the easy of becoming a customer and approving them is due to the software.

Pros: The functionality of the platform works well, it's easy to update and maintain everything. It never seems to crash, which is important to my clients.

Cons: I wish there was more flexibility in regards to changing things for each customer i.e. since I'm a wholesaler, a product or service I may offer to one client may not be one I want to offer to another so it would be good if you can disable features for your client based on what you give them access to.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2017
Graeme F.

"Neto Shopping Cart"

Comments: Shopping cart works well and integrates well with Payment option and shipping options.

Pros: Works well on front end but over complicated on the back end for small business like ourselves.

Cons: With us changing prices and Price/size filters on products that have multiple sizes. Products that have a name change but the Product Variation DO NOT change.

Kerrie R.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Helped us grow our online presence - from basics to utilising more complex features as we expanded"

Comments: Increased sales, ease of use,

Pros: Ease of use, ability to utilise further functions as needed, local company with local support ie. AUSTRALIAN with the same capability as US based platforms.

Cons: We sell alot of product overseas in particular the US and the software doesn't have Foreign Exchange capability.... YET!

Shauna W.
Retail
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Easy to use and professional look"

Comments: I have been with Neto for over a year and my experience has been really good. No issues. If I need help with something a friendly consultant from Neto is always at hand, always polite, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros: Ease of use! It's easy to use and you get a great result

Cons: N/A I really like the software, I haven't had any issues at all

Grant R.
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"Great product from a great team."

Pros: Total package, hosting plus software.
The system has so much potential for a growing business. The inventory side is really robust and the seo gets great results with very little effort.

Cons: Needs some android phone apps so I can maintain my store on the go and the ability to pick orders via mobile would be great but not as a monthly addon.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2017
David S.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Very good, touch expensive"

Pros: Support - excellent!

Cons: Some changes are very hard to make, ie, email templates. Needs coding, should all be WYSISWYG. Global changes also very hard, wanted to make site wide change to font, impossible to do without support.

Nessa L.
Co-Founder
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2017

"Neto Best Value Platform for Small Business"

Comments: Me and my mum have found Neto so easy to use, it offers the best overall channel integration, Australian carriers and lots of included business tools available. Our current store www.ponytailshop.com.au shows you can build a site with custom fonts, clean lines, and parallax on this platform which is what we really wanted.

Pros: Channel integration
Australian Carriers

Ann C.
Overlord
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"Completely Changed Their Pricing Structure"

Comments: It's been one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever had with a company. However, it their recent move that has me looking elsewhere as they accessed my system and ran reports to look at my revenue without my permission and then jacked up my costs by over 35% percent. Do your research on this company before giving them a dollar. At the present time there is a mass exodus away from Neto by unhappy customers.

Pros: Australian Business (in Australian $$)
Ease of Use and Functions

Cons: Customer Support is horrible
Recent changes to their pricing plan and the move to charging in US $$$

• Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Anthony S.
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Consistent and powerful eCommerce platform. Easy to use if you don't need to customise code."

Comments: My confidence in good, fast and reliable support was restored

Pros: The backup support offered by Neto is the best I have ever come across when dealing on behalf of my clients.

Cons: As a developer, I'd like to have easier access to the code. However, I accept this does make it easier for those not requiring much customisation to the templates.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Sporting Goods, Self Employed

"Money grabbing disgrace"

Pros: Nothing. They are a greedy disloyal company. Check out Google reviews and other review sites

Cons: What was a fantastic Aussie start-up has turned into a greedy money grabbing disgrace. Supported Neto for about six years with three separate businesses thru Neto's growth period, only to be screwed over by [name removed]'s desire for grandeur. As other reviews have stated, Neto have out of the blue completely changed their pricing structure, increasing my monthly subscription fees 260%. Executive and Neto are holding loyal supporters to ransom by giving us 30 days notice to agree to the price rise or leave. The money we not only invested into Neto thru subscription fees, but the cost of having a customised website and system set up for our Neto operation is now completely wasted. We must now pay to completely rebuild our website and migrate over to a more appropriately priced provider. The excuse for such a price increase was Neto's grand plans to expand into the US. How are they funding such expansions? By price gouging their loyal Aussie clients. In return, Neto say they're offering better service and improving their system; something we personally don't need and haven't asked for. Shame on Neto, shame on Executive. It will be interesting to see if the letters I and other users have sent to the ACCC will keep Neto honest

Natalie L.
Admin Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"One of the best decisions we made for our business"

Comments: We were spending hours each day re-entering data from our multiple websites and sales channels and it was a nightmare keeping on top of inventory. Neto has changed all that. Everything is entered once only.

Pros: Easy to use, seemless integration & data feeds across multiple websites and multiple sales channels. Staff no longer wasting hours each day re-entering data. Fantastic customer support

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. On the odd occasion there has been something we haven't liked, it's been so minor that it doesn't matter

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Jimmy R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2017

"Neto has made it possible for me to have a wild idea and make it happen, easily and on my own.."

Comments: I was able to turn an idea into a reality by using a standard template that I could build myself. It has allowed me to build slowly, at my own pace, at a good value. If all goes to plan, all the functionality I foresee needed for the future will be available and custom needs are easily done. The biggest benefit beyond the software itself, is the people and their accessibility here in Australia. I asked the stupid questions because I need to if I want to move forward and they do not make me feel stupid, they seem to get it...

Pros: - The ease with which a non-experienced, non-IT person like me can build their own shop, easy.
- The friendly, empathetic, human customer support that is a quick call away.
- The large enterprise scaleability that you have access to just starting out - future proof.
- The ease of integration with in-house and 3rd party add ons, like Xero & Sendle.
- The range of integrated add on options - love the base platform and then you build as you need.
- The direction Neto is going in and how quickly it is adapting to customer needs.
- Quickly becoming a one-stop-shop, fully integrated systems, like they are used.
- It's Australian!

Cons: Minor:
- I'd like the ability to choose ascending or descending ordering as standard
- I'd like the sort function (choosing priority / numbering) of products and pictures to be more intuitive.
- Some more detail in the information box on fields to know what it is used for or a link to guide

• Reviewed on 28/07/2017
Wendy F.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"B2B and B2C"

Comments: We are happy to have made the change but as it is a platform to suit all, sometimes it is extremely difficult to achieve what we need. Our wholesale/retail supply is one of the biggest industries in the country and the things we need don't appear to reach the people who could make really good changes. Neto seem to be missing the opportunities in this area at the moment. I can't select the right industry as you don't offer it despite offering wholesale/retail for this review.

Pros: There is much to be applauded about the system as a whole as most beginners can fill in and follow the process at a basic level. It really helps us with sales agent and office orders. Most customers find the site easy to navigate. Overall we are very happy to have changed from MYOB as we believe Neto will evolve quickly and much of what we need will eventually happen.

Cons: This system is designed to suit a very wide range of business types however it has some problems when you need to use wholesale pricing ex gst and retail pricing including gst. Some really needed reports don't exist like "sales per item per salesperson." Support has not been able to provide a solution yet to the proper display of price points using two different price structures yet. There are also some unexplained "glitches" from time to time but they are rare.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Chris K.
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2017

"Very positive. Have received good support from Neto. We like the in-house flat rate services"

Comments: Significant efficiency gains. With such a high level of integration, we rarely enter the same information twice. The eBay integration is one of the best I have come across. This saves us a significant amount of time managing eBay listings and enables us to produce a professional eBay store all through Neto

Pros: Shipping integration with just about every Australian Shipper. Ebay integration whilst it felt complex at first, once we understood it and combined it with Crazy Lister we were able to produce a high-quality eBay store completely managed from Neto.

Cons: There is very little from a software point of view we don't like. Most comes down to a lack of knowledge. For example, we would like to run a report that shows us the search queries entered by our customers on our online store. Alo being able to capture and display customer reviews. When an order is delivered we would like to have on order status demoting the order is complete once we receive confirmation the goods have been delivered.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2017
Deena A.
Owner / Founder
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"Thrilled to be working with the Neto team!"

Comments: There is so much information in the Neto system, and so many amazing features that I have to get time to learn. This is not a flaw, but rather, an excellent feature of their system.

Pros: We have been with Neto for over two years, and our business presence online has become extremely professional since we switched to Neto. We love the functionality, the design and the back-end features offered to us by Neto. We have been able to streamline our entire operation through Neto, including selling on several platforms, incorporating different shipping methods, and being able to self-manage our website, which is amazingly convenient for us. We also very much appreciate the excellent customer service offered to us each and every time we deal with the Neto team.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2017
Claud P.
System Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Value for money, Neto is the best choice out there"

Comments: Great, i highly value doing business with Neto

Pros: Cost, easy to use and easy to scale. Plus CS is in Australia

Cons: there is some missing functions that are the standard nowadays, like scan PO in, finance on POS, Import 301

Al N.
IT / Brand Manager / Sales
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2017

"Overall good, unfortunately since singing up 18mths ago growth has negatively impacted on service."

Pros: Ease of use, which will be substantially improved one the MYOB Live integration is actually finished and we no longer have to double-enter all transactions.
In initial validation testing I could see the access to code and [email protected] as key advantages.

Cons: When singing up 18 months ago I made detailed inquiries in to the pending MYOB Live integration as this was a key component in the decision to go with Neto.
After returning to test it again recently, after having had to leave the Beta test due to issues I found being of potential risk to our MYOB company file integrity, I find the same issue I reported 6 months ago still uncorrected.
So here we are 18 months on and we still can't use the MYOB Live integration.
I can't understand how this has been passed to finished on the roadmap given the issues present.
I can see all of the endpoints in place on both API's, they're just not being used for whatever reason, and I can't get any straight answers as to what's happening or when.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2017
Carly W.
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Moving to neto has been relatively easy. Customer service have been easy to deal with."

Pros: The neto website has enable us to easily despatch with our third party logistics providers making for a seemless despatch. Also the reporting and ease with which you can show which products are in stock or out of stock.

Cons: The problems we are having syncing with MYOB and we are getting frequent syncing errors we have to reset the server.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2017
Peter C.
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Used to be good, then they got greedy"

Comments: First 5 years great, last 4 years not as good, last 4 weeks, atrocious.

Pros: Price for function was perfect for the small to medium business

Cons: New price structure makes the product unaffordable for the average small business and everything is now either an upgrade or an add on. Pricing charged in US$ and GST added on top, 40%-500+% more costly than before with no better platform just features that no-one asked for added and features people wanted moved to higher plans.

Nicholas L.
Principal
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"Motto should be "Near enough is good enough""

Comments: Overpromised and under-delivered.

Pros: If compared to competition, there is nothing to like about this software. It is being left behind. Many basic feature of warehouse management are not available despite being "Advanced Inventory"

Cons: Abysmal customer service - lack of communication, leaving things unfinished, appalling wait times for assistance. Lots of promised features aren't even released yet (with no expected release dates available)

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018