• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Help Scout

Help Scout is a web-based help desk designed for a great customer experience.

Learn more about Help Scout

Showing 25 reviews of 163

CEO & co-founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Couldn't run my business without it"

Comments: For any business, customer satisfaction is crucial. Help Scout is the tool to make it fun and easy.

Pros: After having used Zendesk for a while, I was not happy with its and complexity. I wanted to have a support desk tool that made it look like it was regular mail to the customers. And HelpScout did exactly that. After having used the free version for more than 2 years, we are now on the Business plan. It was great that we could have used it without having to spend money on it, but it's soo good that it's definitely worth every penny. The Docs integration is perfect, as we use it in replies to customers, in the beacon for self-help and we now also embed the docs on our website through the API.

Cons: It would be great if we could set a custom threshold for the spam filter, as we have a bit too many false positives.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Carl N.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2016

"Best Customer Support Software with the Best Customer Support"

Comments: Having tried or reviewed every customer support solution we could find, we have found Help Scout to be the best solution because of it being as simple to use as regular email, yet powerful enough to handle all of our company's communication. Help Scout is the key tool we use in our web development and hosting business, handling all of our client communication and allowing us to easily discuss requests internally, pass around messages, and provide quicker response times to our clients while making our lives easier. Additionally, the customer support Help Scout provides is the best we've ever seen. They are super friendly, very quick to respond, and understand requests the first time. They are the model for customer support, and they even blog regularly about how to provide great customer support with very useful tips.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2016
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Like all the other Help Desks, but faster, more focused, and cleaner"

Comments: Easy Help Desk software, fully functional with even more bells and whistles, amazing design, and affordable to boot!

Pros: Having used Zendesk for years, I was looking for a alternative option without breaking the bank. Help Scout has all the features i needed for my team, and more. Help Scout looks/feels great. Everything is right where it needs to be. I can quickly show a new employee how to use it in minutes. Zendesk looks like a dinosaur in comparison, and had to train them for a few days before my employees got comfortable.

Cons: Not much to dislike. They have a lot of integrations built right in, and zapier fills in the blanks. The only thing I wish I had was the custom fields, which is in the PLUS feature, and I'd have to pay a bit more money for it. But can't complain about that.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Moses Z.
Associate
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Best ticketing tool out there!"

Comments: Speedy communication with clients, great reports to categorize the requests that come in, very to near flawless functionality, and rarely an issue with Help Scout.

Pros: Easy to manage accounts, great for keeping records of a clients request, real-time request, great reports, easy to use and adapt. Honestly, I would recommend Help Scout, is a great ticking tool that has helped me reach-out to clients and keep communication rolling with them efficiently.

Cons: I like the software when used on a computer, but the app for a mobile device does lack functionality. I would like to have the same options as I have on the computer. I don't want to be completely demanding so I won't request the high-end gadgets, but the option to see whos working on a ticket on the app will help a lot.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Brad B.
Technical Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2018

"Help Scout - The solution we were looking for!"

Comments: Help Scout is easy to use, appealing, and very effective. There is always a feature to accommodate our needs.

Pros: Help Scout is so user friendly! In the past, we tried several ticketing systems but they didn't seem to fit in with our flow and organization. We heard about Help Scout, tried it, and simply fell in love! Help Scout is so easy to use and work together as a team.

Cons: The one thing I would really like to see in Help Scout is a Round Robin auto-assignment feature. You can do quite a bit with workflows but I wish there was a simple way to Round Robin auto-assign our incoming tickets.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2018
Dustin D.
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2017

"Help Scout is fantastic"

Comments: Been using Help Scout for years. The main reason I went with them over others was the still small business feel you can give your customers even with dozens of employees being involved in customer interaction. The tickets are silent to the customer, unlike many other products which a customer is nothing more than a ticket.

Pros: - Easy interface

Contracts Administrator
Religious Institutions, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Great Shared Inbox"

Pros: It's very easy to utilize with multiple members using at the same time. You can always see where other users are and leave comments to each other on specific messages.

Cons: When copying in a new email to an existing chain (or when the HelpScout email is adding to an existing chain), attachments are usually lost and have to be reattached.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Content Specialist
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Help Scout is the best customer service management software out there."

Comments: Help Scout is the best way to manage client communications. It is efficient and intuitive, saving my team time and keep our communications organized.

Pros: Help Scout allows my team to handle client requests collaboratively and efficiently. The UI makes it easy to view my pending cases, as well as my teammate's cases making it easy to take it over if someone is out of the office.

Cons: I have no cons for Help Scout. All the features and functionality was incredibly well thought out, and it is amazing how helpful it has been for my team.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Fabio M.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"It makes customer service that much easier"

Comments: ease of use, improved customer support, great feedback from cusomters

Pros: ease of use, works on mobile, customer support. Overall it helps me stay on top of all our customer requests.

Cons: None! There is not a lot to say here. My only gripe was before there was no mobile app but now there is and its brilliant

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
National Account Manager
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Help Scout has helped us feel like experts in customer service because we can offer help quickly."

Pros: Implementation in our business was very easy because the compatibility testing is all done in the background. As a help desk software, Help Scout is at the top of the list when it comes to implemention & integration.

Cons: Sometimes it becomes evident the network struggles but rarely is it ever an issue. Additionally, many features feel pulled directly from other help desk softwares, but the features that set it apart are still present.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Jeff G.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2018

"Great Customer Support Ticket System"

Comments: Helping customers with support tickets via email. And creating support ticket form and knowledge base pages.

Pros: Help scout is easy to use. Tickets are easy to assign and manage. Setup is a breeze. And support is quick to reply. I also like all the integration options.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Harrison B.
Customer Success
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2016

"HelpScout is literally the best support software ever!"

Pros: Helpscout is so easy and intuitive to use. I love that there are saved replies so I can easily communicate, with consistent solid messaging, concerns over similar issues to my customer base.

Cons: I have yet to find something I dislike about Help Scout, no joke!

• Reviewed on 26/04/2016
Nancy S.
Director of Customer Experience
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2015

"Help Scout is truly the greatest!"

Comments: I have now integrated Help Scout in three companies. One of those, we decided to move to another platform to integrate with other features and boy did we regret it! I'm excited to be working with them again as they have always been amazing at customer service, prompt, helpful and friendly. I've even been part of beta service testing in the past, which was really great! I can't say enough about how easy it is it use and how beneficial it is to my customer service career!!! A gem I take with me everywhere.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2015
Jonathan L.
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2016

"The absolute best, crucial for running my ecommerce business"

Comments: The helpscout interface makes it really easy to send personalized messages to customers extremely quickly and easily.
It separates emails from customers into separate threads even if they are responding to the same email, so that it you never miss responding to a customer.
Adding team members is seamless and allows you to quickly use the help of support staff (if you have any).
Another crazy-awesome feature is the relevant information they loop in. The two I used on a daily basis are: The shopify interface so I know about a customer's previous orders with me, and the mailchimp interface so I know if they signed up, when they did, and can even add a customer to a mailing list in 2 clicks.
I can't recommend Helpscout enough.
--Jonathan

• Reviewed on 28/03/2016
Paulo S.
Sales Director
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2015

"Effective help desk system"

Comments: I cant say exactly how I first heard about Helpscout. After using its doc system for two months, I realised that the team was deploying new features to the product pretty often. For instance, take a look at the release notes for October:
We have migrated from a cheaper provider to Helpscout. First 5 agents, then +2, then +8 and we have 12 more to go. I couldnt be happier. They also answer pretty fast. Another quite good advantage is the billing options: there is only one! They will not try to upsell you anything through essential features. You have all the features, it is the only way.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2015
Project Coordinator
Market Research, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"I preferred Dropbox"

Pros: I thought the website design was clean and attractive.

Cons: I only used it in training, but I didn't like the way the knowledge base was. I thought it was a much easier experience searching for my training materials in Dropbox.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Cathy P.
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Using Helpscout to send emails to our software potential long-term users"

Comments: I'm still in the learning curve stage

Pros: I find it makes it easy to email about issues with their account or using the software.

Cons: The dashboard isn't clear at all. I don't like it.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
Jenna W.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2018

"Decent Help Desk"

Pros: Help Scout works pretty good when using it to track emails and customer relations. It allows tasks and certain messages to be assigned to different workers, etc. Also reduces customer communication issues. Personally, it's not my favorite help desk though.

Cons: I don't think it has a very organized workflow automation and I wish it had more customization features.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2018
Corey O.
Retail
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2015

"Help Scout help us achieve inbox 0"

Pros: When we were just using Gmail, there was a constant fear that a customer would be missed or that an email would be marked read that wasn't dealt with. We no longer have either of these problems.

Cons: We do wish that Help Scout integrated with our Facebook page's inbox.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2015
Mary F.
Management Consulting
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2015

"Great support system"

Pros: Easy to navigate and user-friendly. Immediate forwarding to personal email.

Cons: Not a visually striking website. Although the website is easy to navigate, adding some color would make icons easier to identify.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2015
Nelson O.
Textiles, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2017
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2017
Jiri R.
Customer support
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Splendid UI, best of all helpdesk software we have used. Customer service is great."

Comments: Using HS since 2014, this is the best helpdesk we could find. , , in paid plan there is email automation. Best ui.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016