Made payroll a breeze

Reviewed on 15/04/2017
Melissa R.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Payfocus has allowed payroll to be slightly less of a hassle. (I mean, who LIKES to process payroll?) I have access to view each employee's personal information. Changing status or information is a breeze. I LOVE that the reports are so easy to access and online chat is always available to help if needed. We have had a few issues in the past and the most recent took MONTHS to correct. I am not even sure if they made the necessary adjustments correctly but after such a long period, we just wanted closure. I spoke to multiple persons in customer support and even spoke to a few in management positions. After continuous calling and complaining, I finally arrived to one CSR that took the problem and evaluated with me, and did her hardest to correct the problem. She also mentioned that they were upgrading their software and that similar problems should not reoccur. All in all, GREAT SOFTWARE, and decent customer support. I have had worse experiences so I have to say that I appreciate that I could actually speak to someone that is in this country, preventing a language barrier, and that you don't have to enter a multitude of prompts and wait an eternity to speak to someone. Phone calls are answered fairly rapidly.

Very Organized from an employee point of view

Reviewed on 08/12/2018
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been much more organized with our details around pay being kept in a central location

Pros: BenefitMall PayFocus has functioned as great HR software for our organization of just over 200 employees. Details are communicated via the BenefitMall portal which cuts down on e-mail questions to the human resources department and allows for a more efficient work environment. Pay details are posted, download paycheck details, tax information can be posted securely, direct deposit details and address locations, all in one place.

Cons: We have run into certain times where the processing tends to be slow around peak times, however, we could also do a better job submitting payroll details earlier to avoid this.

PayFocus

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Terri K.
Bookkeeper
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Overall, the payroll entry is fairly user friendly, and the reporting standard reports are good. The team is helpful to get back to you with issues.

Cons: I had a horrible time setting it up in the beginning, and counted on them for a lot, which was set up incorrect. They have helped work through it, but I continue to have issues with the tax piece, which they file for us. Also, the custom report piece is not very user friendly.

Extremely easy to use and wonderful set up for both employer and employee!

Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Krissa G.
Recruitment Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love that it allows easy access and understanding of tax processing, support, and the ability to manage HR tasks all from one place! Its perfect for our small business.

BenefitMall Payroll

Tracie C.
Admin Asst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use website, easy access and self explanatory. Provides any information that I need about our payroll...

Pros: Self explanitory

Cons: No cons that I have encountered...

It doesn't get easier than this!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016
Stephen G.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My previous payroll company was changing employees every month and was constantly calling me to "up sell". Since I have been with Benefit Mall Payroll, I have had the same point of contact and only the most prompt responses to any concerns.

Pros: Ease of use. I don't have the time to learn a complex payroll system.. The Benefit mall payroll system is easy to use and understand.

Cons: I received some tax notices during the transfer of payroll companies. However, I simply emailed the notices to the tax department and they settled all of the issues and sent verifications of each step for my records.

I love my new payroll service

Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Frank M.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I recently switched from another payroll service. The switch was driven by cost. What has impressed me most about Benefit Mall is that I am getting every bit as good a service both in terms of customer support and online efficiency and ease of use. All this while saving $1800 a yaer in service fees. This makes me very happy I switched to Benefit Mall

Pros: I am not a tech savvy person, so I would say the ease of use is the biggest thing for me so far. Just login, enter the data and you are good to go. Reports are easy to access as well

Cons: None that I can think of.

easy and organized

Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Maribell V.
Homeownership advisor
Customer Support

Pros: I enjoy a website that is easy to navigate through and not overwhelming, just straight to the point, no hassles

BenefitMall Payroll Review

Tammy A.
Practice Mgr.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been very pleased with my interaction with BenefitMall. The knowledge and courtesy has been a plus in my learning of the payroll system. Our account representative is one of the best I have dealt with.

Pros: It is a user friendly system

Cons: It times out quicker than I would like.

Great online platform

Courtney S.
Exec. Director
Customer Support

Comments: Pros: easy to use online platform- easy to update employee profiles/ if you have an issues your specific account rep can directly help you instead of going through 45 dial tone options/ account rep is always available, friendly and accommodating Cons: The journal report from each pay period could be formatted differently. Just my personal preference to have it more reader friendly, some people don't read payroll reports regularly.

User friendly and awesome customer care!

Reviewed on 18/04/2016
Jadrian C.
Office Manager/Owner
Customer Support

Comments: I have had a great experience with Payfocus! I am not very tech savy and have found it very easy! The customer care over the phone, in person, and via their online chat has been very helpful and went out of their way to help me navigate anything I couldn't figure out myself. We just filed our taxes and it was a breeze! It was great to have access to all the reports we needed. I am very pleased with Payfocus!

Automated timecards are wonderful!

Reviewed on 08/05/2017
Tricia W.
HR Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been well taken care of along the way.

Pros: I have access to all my payroll records at my fingertips.
Reports are easy to run.
Support has been great when I need help.

Cons: It's taking some time to get everything running smoothly adding the TimeFocus. But the PayFocus got going very quickly.
It has been an adjustment with a few glitches along the way but there are enough people I can attempt to contact for help that I always get help and my problems get resolved.

Their software ROCKS!!!

Reviewed on 25/04/2016
Shannon A.
Administrator
Customer Support

Comments: I've been working with BenefitMall since Oct 2014. I was kind of thrown into working with payroll at my company and was very nervous about it at the time. However, it has been a wonderful experience, everyone was VERY helpful and patient with me during my learning curve. Anytime I have a problem their CS is on top of it and have helped me and our company time and time again!!

Employee never works

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Tera S.
911 dispatcher
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Worst product I have ever used to get my paycheck information. It does not allow you to reset your password at all and often just logs you out and locks you out.

Pros: I don't like anything about this product

Cons: Never allows to log in as a employee. Worked for a short period of time and then stopped. Tried to reset password e-mail never sent. This occurs all the time and then you have to wait for admin to get it fixed.

My payroll transfer experience

Margaret G.
Accounting Dept
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was referred to the payroll system by KeyBank. They made it sound like it was another fine service offered by Key.

Pros: Entering in the payroll

Cons: It seems like every time i enter in the payroll some little issue arrives, like people that had no issues last week suddenly are coming up as not entered into Workmen s Comp correctly, or not labeled properly or one of the tax selections are missing. (All 3 three happened at different payroll process weeks).

Payroll made easy

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Media Production, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Payfocus allows my team to keep each employee’s timesheet in point and calculate everything super fast and easy. Imwe havnt has any issues. Entering data is quick and user friendly. The interface isn’t complicated and timesheets print out with ease.

Cons: I have no cons for payfocus. It works just as is and has made the office more efficient

Needed a simple and cost effective payroll system for our small company.

Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Rosemary D.
Human Resources/Bus Dev. Coord.
Research, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use, more affordable than some payroll companies.

Pros: Ease of use once properly trained. Simple and uncomplicated interface and provides all we need for our small company efficiently.

Cons: A few stumbling blocks in the first 3 months as new situations arose with employees. Not all were covered in the training, but online help was most efficient in solving issues on the spot.

Great Service

Reviewed on 25/04/2016
Hannah B.
Bookkeeper
Customer Support

Comments: I have been very pleased with BenefitMall. Our payroll specialist is extremely helpful and always responds to any questions or requests I have right away. Our payroll is accurate and our office loves knowing we can count on BenefitMall! Thank you!

Easy to use - fast response time from our customer service rep

Darla N.
COO
Customer Support

Comments: We have been using this payroll platform for many years. It is easy to use. There are a few functions that require the customer service rep to do for us, but as of late, their response has been very quick so it is not an issue.

The software is simple and straight-forward

Reviewed on 18/04/2016
Kat F.
Customer Support

Comments: I would not call myself a computer savy person, yet I found the software easy to use. Also, the internet customer support is excellent, which is refreshing now a days because good customer service is hard to find.

Great Company, Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Felipe F.
Managing Attorney
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our small law firm was handling its payroll in house for the past three years. We switched to BenefitMall and have never looked back. The online portal is extremely intuitive and easy to use, but small issues do arise - particularly for folks who are new to the system. When that happens, US-based customer service reps are only a quick phone call away.

Pros: Easy to use, great customer service.

Cons: N/A

Needs better customer support & reporting

Reviewed on 19/10/2016
Lorraine N.
HR
Philanthropy, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you're not familiar with Crystal reports the reporting is a bit difficult to navigate through. I'm typically getting complaints from my finance department as to the poor reporting from the system and corrections to the reports take more time and effort for an automated system. As for a payroll administrator, it handles all the functionality I need it to, but I agree the reports are a bit much to filter through appropriately. Customer service can take more than 1 business day to respond to inquiries which is difficult in obtaining immediate responses/answers.

Pros: Basic functionality

Cons: Reporting/Customer Service.

Benefit Mall offers superior service!

Reviewed on 03/12/2015
Heather R.
Vice President
Customer Support

Comments: Our small business has been using Benefit Mall (previously Compupay) for several years now and they give us the same professional service they would give a larger corporation.

Very User Friendly

Jim T.
Customer Support

Comments: It is easy to use. If I need information from an old report I can access it quicker online than pulling it from the hard copy files.

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 08/08/2016
Janet W.
Owner DVM
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's been easy from the start & I've enjoyed the personal touch from David, one of the online customer support guys. He's great!