SharpSpring Reviews

by SharpSpring

Filter by:

• Overall

About SharpSpring

SharpSpring offers powerful, flexible marketing automation with fully integrated CRM and social media management for agencies and SMBs.

Learn more about SharpSpring

Lisa W.
Lisa W.
Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"SharpSpring makes my life easier."

Comments: It's a great platform, and the support team has been very responsive with any questions we've had over the last few years. The onboarding process was great and we never felt alone in learning how to use it. I also like the regular webinars and learning opportunities that SharpSpring hosts for marketers/agencies.

Pros: The email builder, landing page builder and form builder are all straightforward and fairly easy to learn. There are also help/support articles for pretty much anything I need help with or get stuck on. The "life of the lead" view is helpful to see a contact's interactions with our brand.

Cons: The email and landing page builders offer a lot of flexibility in layout/design, but sometimes they are a bit too restrictive in terms of moving elements around.

Alternatives Considered: Marketo Engage, Insightly, GreenRope, Zoho Mail and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: The previous platform was a lot more expensive and under-utilized.

Switched From: Pardot

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: The abundance of features for the price. Specifically, number of contacts allowed, emails sent and ability to manage clients in addition to our agency business.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Brian B.
Brian B.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"SharpSpring Great Platform With Amazing Support"

Comments: Overall the platform is powerful at a great price, and the team at SharpSpring wants you to succeed, and that shows in their support, courses, documentation, and forums. Not only does SharpSpring benefit Right to Evolve internally, but our clients and the work we do see the benefits as well.

Pros: SharpSpring has features to create marketing operations and track those campaigns either manually or automatically. Considering I can tie all the potential avenues of a campaign into one spot and see how users interact with is a great win. At a glance, it is essential to read the data and make the right decisions; SharpSpring brings all the data to one platform. It makes work more enjoyable that we can create a single campaign with a list of contacts, email templates, unique forms, dynamic pages, trackable media, automation, and analytics in one spot. Not to mention, once we create this base campaign and all its numerous pieces, I can then quickly use all the parts as a template to do another or a third, and so on. Making it very efficient over time. SharpSpring has a lot of features, but I am thrilled with our CRM, email marketing, ads, funnels, all in one location. All this and the support team have been top-notch every step of the way. I also like to learn myself, which they provide via courses, updated videos, and documents that my team and I can reference.

Cons: Interface and design consistency are my two significant cons for this platform. Like most, once you know the platform and its interface, you can be very successful. No difference here except that the design process between creating emails, pages, and forms all have their unique process. I believe it would improve user efficiency if the page and email creator, for instance, had a standard procedure and the same layout of tools. The platform has a lot of features with more coming, so you have to know where all the pieces are between the settings, marketing, and sales menu layout.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Josh A.
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2020

"Impressive product, exceptional value"

Comments: I'm not spending as much time connecting tools and I'm spending way more time defining and executing strategies. I'm creating a robust customer engagement strategy that is inclusive of sales and marketing. I'm solving the problem of identifying content that the consumer truly wants and needs to convert.

Pros: First, fantastic price. Personalization can drive amazing results. SharpSpring gives you a solid set of tools that all communicate with each other flawlessly and for an exceptional value. It's a sophisticated tool with a lot of depth, but the certifications, demos, videos, tools, customer service all make it very easy to use. Just when I think I've figured out the edge of the depth on the tool, I realize there's another level. The automation is top notch. The ability to track so many actions, behaviors and then to take action to help the customer go further along the funnel. It fulfills the needs of so many other tools - HootSuite, Sprout, Calendly, Mailchimp, CRM, Sales CRM, TypeForm, and WhoIsVisiting (to name a few).

Cons: Not a lot so far. I'll always take more templates, pre-made content. Don't get me wrong, it has content, but the more the merrier.Billing can be a little confusing, but I know they have an update coming very soon. In fact, I just received an update email about it. I'd love to see more progress on the SharpSpring iOS app.

Alternatives Considered: Marketo Engage, Pardot, Mailchimp and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: I've worked with HubSpot, Adobe, Marketo, Pardot and a myriad of other digital marketing tools. I've used tools that cost 1-2 million a year, spent months on integrations. I've honestly never found a tool that is so capable, so easy to implement, and does not require 6 figures of budget to fund it as I have in SharpSpring. I think SharpSpring is a no-brainer tool for any small to medium sized organization. It may even cut it for larger organizations. While I'm very impressed, I see the company continuing to strive towards an even higher level of greatness.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2020
Michael N.
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Sharpspring for the win--Top quality marketing software for a decent price"

Comments: We've been using sharpspring for ourselves and as an agency for our clients. Love how well it tracks clients, incoming emails, syncs with our inbox, and tracks interactions for all of our clients.

Pros: Looking to get the best out of my email marketing, Sharpspring gives me the chance to reach out to my whole list with a modicum of effort. The best part is the automation--triggers and the ability to build out a complex program make a big difference in efficacy and efficiency.

Cons: The email builder inside of the program--WYSIWYG. You can do this, but it's frustrating to make the thing look like you want it to.

Alternatives Considered: VBOUT

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: Mailchimp felt very limited in scope. Delivery with mailchimp was restricted, it seemed like I never could end up in the gmail inbox tab, always relegated to the offers tab.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Features.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2020
Alfredo G.
Alfredo G.
Marketing Automation consultant
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2020

"SharpSpring a full marketing automation platform everyone"

Comments: Our experience with Sharpspring has been very satisfactory, since it gives us control over each client from the moment they are born as a lead until they become a client. has given us to reduce response time to a client and have better control of all actions taken with them through Automation

Pros: Powerful tools for lead generation to pretty good customer management, tons of options to personalize a lot of aspect of the company. very good tools for building email marketing and landing pages with out third parties

Cons: I think one point where sharpspring lose flexibility is on landing page creations, how designer we need more tools for layout.

Alternatives Considered: Marketo Engage, Keap and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: We are simply looking for a more robust alternative

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Easy to use, unlimited user with out pay more for each user, Price

• Reviewed on 01/04/2020
Nancy H.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"Sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform"

Comments: I am using SharpSpring across my entire client bases to generate and nurture leads, manage website inquiries and analytics and monitor and post across social media channels.

Pros: While the functionality is extremely powerful, SharpSpring itself is easy-to-use. Like any software, there is an initial training period where you have to get comfortable with the platform, but I found it pretty intuitive, especially after participating in the on-boarding training classes. The best thing about the software is the results it's generating for my clients. Our email marketing campaigns have been extraordinarily successful and the reporting functionality makes it easy to demonstrate these results to our clients.

Cons: I've been very satisfied with the software and don't have any complaints. One wish-list item would be for SharpSpring to integrate with survey tools so I could seamlessly administer campaigns requesting customer feedback.

Alternatives Considered: Marketo Engage, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Value for the dollar. SharpSpring offers the same functionality as many of the larger, more well-known marketing automation platforms for a fraction of the cost, but what really sets them apart from their peers is their customer service, which includes extensive live and on-demand training classes and a dedicated call center focused on your success.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Chuck S.
Chuck S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Full-featured marketing automation on a budget"

Comments: Prioritizing leads for Salesforce, collecting customer feedback, and better tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts are the key things we get out of SharpSpring. We are able to collect leads using SharpSpring forms and then deliver them to the right salesperson using their visual workflow tools. We can make lists and campaigns based on ANY criteria in the system, which is super impressive. The Life of the Lead is a revelation: Being able to see all digital interactions of our customers is a complete game-changer for Sales. With Life of the Lead, Sales is more informed and can take on calls armed with the right information to best serve the customer.

Pros: The support is top-notch. They go above and beyond to ensure all questions are answered. If there is a key feature needed in the software, they'll work to make sure that you get that feature or have a workaround. They respond quickly, and they are incredibly knowledgeable. It's hard to list just one thing I like best! It's the most competitively-priced tool on the market... and it's a fraction of the cost of nearly any other marketing automation tool on the market.

Cons: With their constant upgrades, SharpSpring occasionally can be a bit buggy while features get ironed out. Nearly all issues have easy workarounds, and the fixes come fast. It's a minor quibble for a service that is basically as good as it gets.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo Engage and Pardot

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Better support. Better functionality. Better interface. Better price.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Jamison M.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"I used to love SharpSpring (why I left)"

Comments: Strong start, VERY disappointed with recent billing decisions and the rate increase. (Just because you want to buy a company doesn't mean I want to pay for it)

Pros: SharpSpring approached me with a very interesting mailer. It was enough to get my attention and learn who they were and what they did. After they bought my crew lunch and I sat through a presentation I decided to join. The minimum monthly bought me 3 accounts plus a free one for my agency. There are a lot of features in SharpSpring and they appear to be adding more, which is nice. They represent themselves as marketing automation for agencies. They offer a lot of white labeling which is a requirement for me when working with 3rd party softwares.

Cons: Late 2019 it was announced that SS would change their billing policies to require that THEY bill my clients. WAIT, WHAT? You're a whitelabeled SaaS service, why the **** would YOU bill MY clients. That's the opposite of the point. Since I haven't set up my clients in their billing interface they've locked me out of my account. And when I went to cancel they reminded me of the 30 days cancellation notice I'm required to give. OH, AND, they decided to up the rate $75/account. I'm so unhappy with where they're going as a company I can't even consider the new features that they're bringing in.

by SharpSpring on 22/01/2020

Hi Jamison,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our intent in developing our new billing platform is to get out in front of a change in the tax law that applies to online sales and SaaS products like SharpSpring, Hubspot, SugarCRM, and Salesforce. This billing change is purely based around being tax compliant you are still in full control of your client relationship. We'll never talk to your clients without your knowledge. Our agency partners had 30 days to input their client's billing information but we're sorry if you may have needed more time to complete those steps.

Additionally, SharpSpring is implementing a price increase in February 2020 after 2 years of no price increase. I understand that your account manager will be reaching out to you and we'd really appreciate the opportunity to make things right and collect further feedback. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience in the meantime, you can also email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Manager, Marketing and Business Development
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2019

"A better option to Hubspot and other Marketing Automation solutions"

Comments: We like the platform as we can track online and email interactions with prospects, customers and partners. This helps us with qualifying lead generation and tracking the stickiness of campaigns. The training of SharpSpring was challenging but we were able to muddle through and figure out a lot of stuff on our own. Customer support has also been great when they are able to help with issues that may arise.

Pros: We like the fact it is much cheaper in cost as compared to HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms. The ease of using the platform has made it easy to early adoption of the end users and we are able to fully track our MQL and ROI.

Cons: SharpSpring has an extremely high demand on email accuracy rate of 98% so quite often we get suspended due to bounced back emails. Sometimes it is difficult to have an almost 100% list when people leave companies. We have as a solution, pay for 3rd party email checker services,to help mitigate this and we also send a larger portion of emails though mailchimp.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365, Marketo Engage and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: We wanted to have a solution that could do more analytics and tracking on engagement. SharpSpring was able to do this.

Switched From: Dynamics 365, Marketo Engage and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: cost, no locked in contract, larger user base capability and ease of use

• Reviewed on 05/07/2019
George J.
Founder and Account Director
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2017

"SharpSpring is the number one Marketing Automation Platform for small to mid-sized digital agencies."

Comments: We are a small boutique digital marketing agency based in the UK. We spent six months researching all the marketing platforms available.
It was vital to have 24/7 support available within the fees payable, favourable fee rates for an agency of our size (which did not require upfront annual payment), the option to have access to support within GMT timelines for our UK clients and last but not least a marketing automation provider who were developing new features on a near-quarterly basis. We decided that SharpSpring and their team would provide all of these features and benefits.
We commenced our inbound integration mid-2016, and the integration ran extremely efficiently with amazing support within GMT timeline availability. The support since and the new features constantly being added without any impact on fee rates have made the decision to choose SharpSpring, the absolute correct choice for our company. They have over delivered every step of the way for our company. Their team are highly knowledgeable, patient and supportive.
I would not choose any other platform now we are with SharpSpring.

Pros: The SharpSpring Marketing Automation Software provides the following features and benefits that make it a stand out product for my business;
1. The 24/7 support incorporated into the monthly fees; Ensuring no surprises down the line.
2. No requirement to pay fees annually upfront.
3. New landing page feature.
4. Blog page feature.
5. New integration with the Litmus test.
6. Link up with Zapier integration to allow connection to hundreds of 3rd party software providers with the Zapier integration and SharpSpring APIs.
7. Training platform library; In-depth and with video availability to walk through processes. This along with 24/7 support, in my opinion, are the two most important features out with cost of course which set SharpSpring apart as the right platform for our boutique digital marketing agency.

Cons: 1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert via local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars.
2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2017
Gary W.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"SharpSpring won me over from HubSpot"

Comments: A couple of years ago our agency was a relatively happy HubSpot customer. We sold inbound services via HubSpot to our web development clients most often, but it was a hard sell and required a certain client profile to be successful. The most important aspect of an inbound client for us was deep pockets! Why? Simply because of the cost of the HubSpot platform. If a client had sufficiently deep pockets, AND was convinced of the business validity of inbound marketing versus traditional methods, the full court press was on. To give HubSpot credit, they got very involved in the client sales process and they provided a lot of tools to aid agencies in the inbound sales process, BUT, all of that comes at a cost. A significant cost. While HubSpot gets a lot of credit for pioneering the inbound marketing platform space, they have become, in this agencies opinion, a bit bloated over the years. What we mean is that they provide so much it is sometimes difficult to choose what is most important to push and provide for each client. The net effect is, however, that whatever your client does want to do, Personas, email marketing, automation, web site development, contact list management etc., it's all included. So what's the downside? Their strength is their biggest weakness. No matter how little or how much of HubSpots resources you use, the cost is the same. Of course there are tiers of cost, but even the lowest tier is roughly ten times the cost of SharpSpring. So use a little, pay a lot. Use a lot, pay a lot. Now we at CX3 Group don't necessarily sell on price, however, if the tools that you bring to the table for your clients are less expensive, but still as, or more, effective, it gives the agency a lot of flexibility when customizing various packages to promote. While generally content with HubSpot back in the day, we are extremely pleased with SharpSpring. Approaching our two year anniversary with them we take every opportunity to sing their praises, and it's NOT just about pricing.
While SharpSpring is a fraction of the cost, of HubSpot (& others) the features it includes are all the features we ever really used with HubSpot. That is to say, we are paying for what we use, and not paying for anything that sits in the cupboard looking pretty, but we don't need.
If I had more space here I'd go into the newest features that SharpSpring has rolled out over the past 6 months. Suffice it to say, we're a very happy and satisfied SharpSpring client! -CX3 Group

Pros: Cost vs. benefit. Has all of the features our clients want or need, without a bunch of stuff we have to pay for that they don't need.

Cons: It's a struggle to find something I don't like, but if it was one thing over the past two years, it would be the lack of support on the sales side for our clients. More customized training and presentations for client side would be great.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Justin R.
Senior Digital Strategist
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2017

"An Invaluable Tool, Though Not Perfect"

Comments: We've been using SharpSpring for nearly a year at our agency, and have used almost every feature of it (SalesForce integration, automated workflows, API for custom reporting, full-on CRM, etc.). We love SharpSpring. In fact, in the past few months, SharpSpring has been responsible for helping us close nearly one million dollars in new business. As a B2B tool, the fact that we can see what businesses are browsing our site and reach out to them even if they don't submit a form is invaluable, and worth 10x cost. Every client we bring in gets put on the platform, and it's an indispensible part to growing their business. We are able to verify leads which instills confidence in our reporting, but also helps us evaluate the quality of leads and ROI through lead scoring and campaign assignments. We've used SharpSpring as white-labeled companion and even migrated some clients over to use it as their CRM. It's extremely versatile. SharpSpring's breadth of tools means you could be using it for a year and still not have used some of its features to the fullest of their ability (Dynamic Emails, Dynamic Web Content), and that's great... but it is also the cause of some frustration, as they sometimes rush out products to tout they have a new product, but that product will still feel very "beta" in nature. When dynamic landing pages were introduced we tried to use it for two weeks, and there was a bug that would wipe out whatever changes you made. We eventually abandoned using that tool, but came back several months later and it worked as it should have. The flip side of this is that SharpSpring is constantly working to improve. It is not a platform that rests on its laurels. You can also submit a feature or improvement to their team directly. Anytime we have had an issue, Customer Support has been great. Their agents have resolved our numerous issues quickly, whether its answering a quick implementation question or testing bugs for a larger issue. Overall, SharpSpring has been an integral tool to both our agency's growth but our clients' growth. And, though new tools sometimes feel buggy, we can easily overlook it due to the value it provides us.

Pros: Being able to leverage anonymous web user data to create actionable insights way before they fill a form out is invaluable. For an agency/B2B company, it is the most reliable new lead generator of any tool out there.

Cons: New features roll out and feel like they should still be in beta. It has a few quirks like a lack of global date range filter that don't necessarily hinder reporting/analysis but are a slight inconvenience.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2017
Nolan L.
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2020

"Great marketing automation software"

Comments: Overall, I very much appreciate the ease of use with SharpSpring, from a marketing professional to the sales person to administrator. The support is prompt and if they don't have an immediate solution they'll put you on the right track to getting your issue taken care of.

Pros: The "life of lead" feature is a view of the customer's engagement with the company that is unlike any other platform we've seen. The automation features are easy to use, intuitive and logically planned out.

Cons: Although the ability to publish to social media platforms from within SharpSpring, we're hoping they'll progress to being able to integrate Instagram along with the other platforms and to integrate full social advertising and paid search into the tool.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: Feature set and full automation

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Full feature set, ease of use and cost to implement.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2020
Martin T.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Great Value in Marketing Automation + CRM"

Comments: We are using SharpSpring for our own agency's integrated digital marketing/CRM and providing this service to clients. We are certified on Salesforce, Hubspot and find Sharps the best overall value and most agency-focused SaaS company.

Pros: SharpSpring is very easy to use, intuitive interface and great tech and training support. Great agency partner

Cons: The developers are usually several steps ahead of me on product releases. In fact, since I've been using they easily doubled the features/functions without a price increase.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: Better agency model

Switched From: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Better pricing structure, better value, better agency model.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Mindy T.
Agency Director
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"Great Product for Agencies"

Comments: We are a quickly growing digital marketing agency and needed a more robust tool both internally and for our clients to generate and track leads through the sales funnel. We were initially using mailchimp and in our vetting process looked at Hubspot and few other competitors. Sharpspring was great because they are specifically created for agencies and have a team to support us as we roll this out to our client. It's been a super easy add on to our services since the tool is so robust and we have another revenue opportunity through various ways we can service our clients with the software.

Pros: UX is easy to navigate. It works like the "big boys" (hubspot) at a much better price point. It's been an incredible tool for us and for our clients giving us more insights and better lead tracking for sales teams.

Cons: The training and certification process is a little clunky.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: We outgrew mailchimp and we needed a true marketing automation tool. We were were using a seperate CRM tool (Insightly) and SharpSpring gave us better integration, flexibility and overall insights into our prospects with the seamless marketing automation.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Dan R.
Agency Owner
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Sharpspring is Powerful Marketing Automation Software that is a Great Value!"

Comments: I have been using Sharspring for almost 3 years. I have B2B clients and B2C clients using the platform. Sharpspring has made some incredible progress in the past year. The customer support is excellent. It has a built in CRM that is fully integrated into the platform. With the new addition of the landing page and blog modules it is a complete Marketing Automation Solution. It is very user friendly and configurable. I highly recommend this software.

Pros: First, the set up is very easy, within 24 hours I can have a new client up and running. The automation is very flexible. Sharpspring comes with forms that can be placed on your website or can integrate with existing native forms. Sharpspring is a total marking solution that allows marketing to create landing pages, develop automated campaigns and track ROI. The built-in CRM allows sales people to see the user behavior and interest, add to nurture campaigns and even gather data on anonymous visitors.

Cons: The reporting on the CRM side could be a little more robust, but for most SMB's that reporting is more than adequate. The Landing Page module is new and could use some more templates. If Sharpspring could build a direct integration with Wordpress for the landing pages, that would be great.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Jan S.
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"One outstanding platform for marketing & Sales"

Comments: SharpSpring is our marketing and sales tool. Our customer database, prospects and other contacts are all in one database. We see what they are searching for, and have clear information about them. So we have a customer journey. all opportunities are in the system. And we can easily nurgure leads. All social media is done from this application and we have detailed reports about them. So in fact it is a total system where our leads come in and we work on them until they are customers. EMails are easy to creat and send. It is our main business systemm

Pros: - easy to use
- great user interface
- strong development
- both sales and marketing can work in one application.
- great useability
- great support team

Cons: In the beginning we had some issues with landingpages . But this has improved strongly

Alternatives Considered: Act-On, ActiveCampaign, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: - the combination of functionality, user interface, support structure and price

• Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Freddy M.
Director of Sales

"Winning with SharpSpring"

Comments: From a Sales stand point, we are able to manage our pipeline more effectively and put together a sales cadence using the Sales Dailer, Sales Meeting, and Sales Optimizer! Knowing when a prospect opens our emails or visits our site turns a "cold call" into a "warm call"!

Pros: There are many great features in SharpSpring from setting up work flows to smart emails. My favorite piece is the Life of the Lead Tab. I can see the activity of a contact through out its history in the data base. So even if I have rep changes, I can see past meetings, emails (opened or unopened), phone calls, opportunities, and social media interaction. The benefits out way the user interaction time!

Cons: Setting up the email and DKIM process should be easier to set up... Would love more email templates. Lack of integration with Google Tag Manager.

Sara T.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"Meets the Needs of our Technology Startup"

Comments: SharpSpring has been our team's go-to platform as we go to market with new technology products and as we have rapidly scaled our client database / employees. Customer service is top notch. Overall, we feel this is a great value and an asset to our sales and marketing efforts.

Pros: Access to high-level CRM functionality, Ease of use, Reporting and embedded form functionality, Ease of use with marketing and sales team

Cons: Email editor and content calendar can be a little clunky, but customer service is very helpful to resolve issues

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Dwight Z.
Dwight Z.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Well-Thought Out Tool That Can Drive Your Business"

Comments: Positive. We like the tool and have onboard three other customers already in 3 months. We see this as a positive engagement tool to offer with our services as an agency.

Pros: Onboarding and set-up guidance. They help during a window of time however, there is a lot required to get you up and going. They refer often to the EDU and Classroom hours for help. This actually helps but you should anticipate 30-60 days with your current schedule to be up and running. Validation of leads, the assignment from leads to opportunities and the lead scoring, with automation helps salespeople realize where they are in the pipeline with prospects. We wanted to have more integration from forms to collecting leads, company and associated sub-accounts organized with individual opportunities. The ability to replace MailChimp, Lead Pages and Pipedrive while adding more functionalities was beneficial and outweighed the cons. This puts us in a good position to walk other customers through the process correctly and have longer-term contracts with them.

Cons: Onboarding and set-up. We underestimated all that would be needed to get this up and going and likely they know the challenges a company can face. I'd imagine that hinders sales but they should really let a user know the team and tasks to consider/ required based on the company size.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Paul V.
Paul V.
Co-Founder - ProShop
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great software getting better"

Comments: Better visibility of our funnel. Automation of our processes. Higher close rates. Their onboarding process was very good.

Pros: Sharpspring is a powerful platform with lots of customization possible. It’s really helped us get more efficient in our workflow and automate things. We’re liking it more as we use it.

Cons: Some things about the usability is not as strong. There are some rough edges and their team hasn’t been ultra fast to fix them. But they seem to be busting out new features all the time, including scheduling which can replace another tool we use.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring: Needed more capabilities.

Switched From: Insightly

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring: Better price with similar features

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Rebecca R.
Manager & Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"I use SharpSpring for onboarding my new clients and I love the seamless process."

Pros: I am the Office Manager & Content Writer for our firm, so SharpSpring and other such programs are not my forte. That being said, I have found SharpSpring fairly easy to use in my weekly work life. We use SharpSpring internally for blasts, campaigns, and CRM and we also have 4 clients (soon to be five) using SharpSpring for their clients. I use it mainly for onboarding new clients. I love the smart email option, and the custom fields. This makes my job a lot easier when I input a new client in as a contact and update all of their custom fields then just click send. I am able to track which documents the clients have opened, etc. In the future, I plan on implementing my own onboarding automation as follow ups and reminders to clients to complete their onboarding process. I also plan on moving my onboarding forms into SharpSpring so that my entire onboarding process is in one place. I've only been with the firm (and this product) for a few months, but I'm loving it all so far!

Cons: The things I have found that were missing, or confusing, or anything like that so far, have always been answered quickly by SharpSpring support, or are currently being implemented for future activation. Recently I reached out to support because there was no SOP for onboarding a new client on the Partner Portal. Within 24 hours, I had a preliminary copy of this document that they were working on pushing out. I wish there were a way to view reports on campaigns sent out by date, rather than aggregate. I have a large campaign that we launched for a client, and we launch to a new subset weekly. Unless I create a copy of the campaign, I can't seem to find any reporting for each individual send. I have yet to reach out to support regarding this one, small inconvenience, and I'm sure if they don't have a solution they are probably already working on it =)

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Justina P.
Marketing Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Sharpspring has changed the way our company does business"

Comments: When we demoed Sharpspring we were blown away with the possibilities. We could instantly see the value their product could have not only for us, but for our clients as well. It was an easy decision to jump on board and start using it. Our account mangers, on-boarding team and all the customer support we have received has been top notch.

Pros: I appreciate it that it is an almost all in one solution. We can do so much from one platform that is really makes our business lives run smooth and easy. All we need to do is log in and begin your day.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to 'hide' or 'disable' parts of the software that our clients and we do not use, however it is definitely not a deal breaker.

Bert-jan V.
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Online Agencies sales and marketing improve with SharpSpring"

Comments: The software helps to bring marketing and sales together in one process. It is simple to use for marketeers and sales is up to speed in notime. The strenght is that you can adapt it to your needs and you do not need technical expert.

Pros: The combination of strong marketing automation tool and CRM is perfect for all types of agencies. Life-of-the-lead give you insight in behaviour of your leads. What they look at, which email they open. Ideal for marketing to optimize lead generation and perfect for sales to target individual prospects.

Cons: The e-mail editor sometimes behaves in another way than you might expect. It takse some to to get used to is. We regret that there are few usable examples.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Ryan S.
Marketing
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2021

"Big Platform is Big Solution"

Comments: It is a big program that takes some time to learn. It isn't always super intuitive and that can slow things down a bit. But for the money,

Pros: Consolidating functionality is more important all the time. Having the ability to do so many things in one platform is a big benefit. The media center is good and the calendar function is great. For planning social media campaigns and seeing synergies with other channels, it is very good. Creating and managing lists is super easy. So is managing the opportunities and the pipeline. Sales and marketing jointly selected SharpSpring.

Cons: Because it is such a big platform, it can be hard to remember how to do everything. If you don't consistently perform a specific function, it may take a little time to remember how to do it. It isn't always intuitive. They used to have a campaign cost capability so you could run your cost per lead and cost per sale. That feature disappeared and so you can no longer do that.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2021