• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5

About Confluence

Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Create, collaborate, and organize your work all in one place.

Learn more about Confluence

Showing 1,796 reviews

Michael J.
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"The Knowledge Base King"

Comments: My experience with Confluence has been nothing but positive - it really takes a lot of weight of stress off of the shoulders of my technical teams and makes KM easy for our tech leads.

Pros: If you’re creating a knowledge base, you need Confluence. The knowledge management features and the tracking capabilities allow for the integrity you need in a quality KM tool.

Cons: It can be a big of a bear to create new pages and create links between pages. It’s by no means impossible, but if you’re not sure if what you’re doing, it’s easy to muck it up.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Powerful wiki software"

Comments: Confluence has become the place for us to collect information, across our business. We use it document our processes and policies (the access controls prove useful there), and our development teams use it on a daily basis to record the outcomes of discussions and to share knowledge.

Pros: Confluence does a good job as a tool for writing, organising and viewing all kinds of documentation.
It's fairly wiki-esque, but with a more intuitive editor for pages that should make it easier to pick up for new users that might be more familiar with, say, Microsoft Word.
As an Atlassian product, you can expect a full set of tools for managing access to different pages and areas across your organisation, making it more appropriate for enterprises than more basic wiki software that doesn't always provide the same level of control.
Another advantage is the high level of integration. 'Macros' allow users to include a variety of rich content, and are customisable. Examples of integrations include JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Office, G Suite, and more. The 'Atlassian Marketplace' can be used to find and install more macros.

Cons: Although the editor is easier to use than the markdown used by a lot of other wiki software, it can occasionally be frustrating to work with. Not all macros and formatting settings behave exactly the same, so while you'd be able to fix these issues directly in markdown, you can end up trying out a bunch of different tools before you find the one you need to achieve your goal.
As with all collections of articles, organising pages can become difficult. The software itself provides basic tools that allow you to define a structure for your pages, and these work well, but it still requires considerable discipline as your use of the software scales up.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
David M.
Senior Engineer
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Wiki Engine on Steroids"

Comments: We are using Confluence as our internal documentation storage system. It allows us to easily create documentation and share it among our various teams while controlling access to the teams. It is better than a document storage system for this purpose, as it allows us to create the documents on the fly, cutting a step out of the process and making documents easier to manage. We host it on site, so it is more secure than a solution like Google Docs as it's not on the web.

Pros: We use Confluence on a daily basis to document various aspects of our organization. There is a large variety of built-in templates for a variety of sorts of documents. We heavily utilize the how-to articles to record procedures. Although it does link with other Altassian products, like Jira, we don't use that functionality currently as we run Confluence on-site and Jira in the cloud. The upgrade to version 6 greatly increased the usefulness of the product, as it brought in concurrent editing, ala Google Docs, which was functionality we needed when developing procedures for an event as a group. The search and indexing capabilities make it easy to find a document if its location is not obvious.

Cons: Search and indexing can lose usefulness in the event you have many similar documents, like say a checklist that is executed often. I would like a function to be able to click a check box to "ignore results like this." The initial setup of Confluence was not completely straightforward, however, we were installing on an older version, version 5. (The upgrade to version 6 went much smoother.) I would prefer an omnibus install package if it doesn't currently have that rather than having to install PostgreSQL and the application. The LDAP integration could have been a little bit smoother than it was, although it is in line with the other Atlassian products I have integrated.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Senior IT Engineer
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"An excellent documentation service that has saved me on many occasions"

Comments: My coworker and I use confluence extensively to document all of the work that we perform. As IT staff many issues that we come across will be repeated ad-infinitum. As such to simply be able to look up the fix from any location with internet access increases efficiency many times over. The notification ability helps all users to see what has been changed, when, and by whom providing an excellent level of accountability.

Pros: It is extremely easy to create a large number of documents, it is possible to reference other documents within them to facilitate ease of research, and documents can all be put into sub-folders to contain them within separate trees to aid with organisation.
The mobile app is extremely useful for reading documentation whilst on the go - an example would be that we keep Video Conference details on one page that I have favorited, as such when I set up a VC from any location I am able to rapidly find the correct details to dial.
The search functionality allows for extremely quick location of relevant documents. On many occasions I have not been able to find what I need looking through the lists, only to immediately find it on the first search. Indeed I no longer look through the list as the search is so efficient.
When changes are made to documents it is possible to set it up to notify other members of the team so that they are able to see what has been done.

Cons: The only minor issue I have discovered with confluence is that when creating new documents setting the location is not as smooth as I would like.
Specifically I need to begin creating the document, then select "Move" and finally put it into the desired place. This does not really cause issues as it is still a quick process, however a one click setup would be appreciated.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Active Director Administrator
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"A robust and feature-rich collaboration/documentation software that sets the standard"

Comments: The best wiki/collaboration/documentation software I've used professionally.

Pros: - Lots of visual tools for organizing information, as well as molding communications: gliffy diagrams, code blocks, cells, spreadsheets.
- Permissions model for segmenting information is greatly useful for organizations that create lots of documents and require some controls on searching and access to documents based on role.
- Web-based interface for administrators of Confluence is convenient for managing content, delegation and authorization work.
- There are many free software solutions in this sector of software, but generally require significant development to provide the value and features offered by confluence out of the box.
- Development and improvements continue to be deployed, Confluence has not been static
- Add-ons available through Atlassian marketplace to allow for further feature-adds for organization needs. I work in an IT environment, and diagrams for networks, software, process flows are invaluable for documentation purposes.
- Shortcut commands for savvy power users saves lots of time inserting tools and setting up formatting with ease, once you are aware them.

Cons: - Having used confluence for over 6 years, I have seen Confluence become more reliable with every update. At times, when something would go wrong with text formatting (bullet point indentation, for example), a power user could go to a tab of the document page you were working on, and edit the markup language of the page to correct the quirky formatting issue. This feature was removed. To the credit of Confluence, fixing such issues is less and less necessary, but power users like myself still miss it.
- The permissions models can be confusing at times, even for highly technical people supporting the software. I do not think this is an issue with Confluence, but rather, a caution to administrators who approach permissions from different eco-systems.

Systems Administer
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2020

"Documentation is key and Confluence is the perfect place for it"

Comments: My overall experience with Confluence is excellent. My team has been using confluence for over 5 years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We have built an extensive knowledge base in Confluence and keep learning more and more awesome features every day.

Pros: What I liked most and like most about Confluence is recently the ability to inline edit with team members on the same page. You can collaboratively edit a page together. This is very helpful when in meetings with multiple people and they can all be updating their portion of the document at the same time without stepping on anyone's changes. Second to that I would have to say the quick commands to change headers or add lists to a document on the fly never having to move your hands from the keyboard.

Cons: The thing I would say I liked the least about Confluence is it's API, while there is extensive documentation for it. When you are new to working with their API it can be very hard to get off the ground running without a lot of trial and error due to the lack of examples.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2020
Jaime S.
IT Business Analyst / SharePoint Admin
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Confluence an Atlassian Product"

Comments: Overall experience is very acceptable. Administering the site from a both security and content perspective has a very small learning curve. The ability to create categories within sight spaces is a plus. You can have a site space for documentation, teams, and knowledge base collaboration.

Pros: The software provides what's called “Space”. The Space serves as a work area where users can provide feedback depending on what their space is used for. Developers can add documents regarding there application development, helpdesk environments can add documents that provide how-to scenarios, and with the number of plugins that are available for confluence there's endless tools available for helping users, developers, and contributors to the manage there space a lot more easily. With this collaboration tool, our enterprise is able to communicate effectively and efficiently across multi departments.

Cons: When creating a space, pages would have a better appeal if formatting was a little more robust. Currently there are several templates that can be assigned however formatting content on the templates , adding pictures , resizing and alignment of the pictures can be a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
David M.
Lead Business Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Sensational Collaborative Tool"

Comments: Our project team had a need for a collaborative environment where members could share information to help educate one another. One key benefit I have come to realize is the ability to define permissions for which team members could access each page.

Pros: From the set up of a pages to creating the structure of a Confluence space, I have found Confluence to be incredibly easy to use. As part of the Atlassian suite, the integration with Jira is a great added bonus. The control panel makes for quickly formatting the rich text. One of my favorite parts is the customization of templates. The feature I have used most often is the recurring use of the customized Meeting Notes template. It has proved to be an effective means for presenting to meeting attendees what was discussed and decided upon. Relating to that is what I like to consider as a hidden gem of Confluence - the consolidation of the action items from different meetings.

Cons: There really isn't much. I guess one thing to call out would be around creating tables. It is very difficult to see the borders of the columns and rows. I find that I can struggle to know where to be entering the text within a cell. It was be nice if there were options to select the thickness of the lines.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Project Manager - Business Intelligence and Campaigns
Philanthropy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Confluence - A truly collaborative application."

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Confluence for any organization that is looking for collaborative software. It is extremely useful and easy to learn.

Pros: Confluence is incredibly easy to use. It is designed to be a collaborative tool, to share information (wiki-style), documents, photos, etc. Our organization has been stuck on SharePoint for so long that there are documents for days upon years stacked up in unused libraries. Confluence has been a lifesaver for us by allowing us to rid the libraries of these outdated documents and placing the content we need access to right there on the page. If a template is needed, we can add that template to the page for download. We can link to other Confluence pages for additional or related information and build child pages to help dive deeper into a topic. We also utilize JIRA for our ticketing system and since Confluence and JIRA are both owned by Atlassian, we can integrate metrics, reporting, dashboards, and other information from JIRA in a way that is consumable within Confluence. We also can add Tableau reports, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, Adobe PDFs, etc. It works extremely well with other applications.

Cons: My least favorite part about Confluence is its limited page customization from a font and color perspective. It will also only allow up to three columns and other formatting limitations. There might be macros to overcome this, but that is also frustrating. Macros have been built to "fix" things within Confluence by hundreds (if not thousands) of other individuals and companies. Many sell those macros and varying costs. It has forced us as an organization to maintain a dev environment just to ensure that a macro that we bring in isn't malicious. Confluence's base macros are extremely basic and sometimes not very useful.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Luca D.
Head of Design
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Confluence the wiki for your projects"

Comments: With Confluence we sold a big problem in the project data collection. Now with confluence we (as a company) are able to collect and store all the critical projects informations

Pros: Confluence is the tool that allow you and your colleague to communique and collect all the project informations. The things that i like the most is versatility in the project structure creation and the ability to create and share very complex pages. We use confluence daily on different level of the organization from the management to the clients project

Cons: The thing that I dislike the most is the page editor but don't despair with the new redesign they rethink from the ground up all the content creation experience so for now I don't have a real cons.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Manas M.
Senior Software Engineer
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2020

"Confluence provides a platform to create a wiki document of everything we work on"

Comments: Documenting all the details at one place like a wiki, which has good interface and permission model, its very use full for preserving knowledge and sharing it accrues the organisation, had a good experience with it

Pros: Maintaining a wiki document of each granular details of our product and other designee and architecture helps in the knowledge transfer between you ant any other member in the organisations, and guidance to setup , steps to integrate etc .. we need a platform to this privet wiki development and maintenance process which confluence takes care of, confluence has any cool features, maintaining directory structure, charing commenting and liking on a document, email notifications, exporting the wiki space, import etc.. export feature is a advanced one, along with the traditional export's like in pdf txt html etc , it also support xml export , this format can be imported into different Confluence server it has selective export features, this functionality can come in handy in ties of organisation split or acquisition, where you have to export from one organisation's Confluence server and import it into that of other's it has good editor to draw architectural diagrams etc it keep tracks of view count and dates all other analytical metrics etc

Cons: I feel email notifications are to much , i think we can do some settings for this because recently i am not receiving that many emails, may be they have fixed it,
other than this tool serves the purpose well

• Reviewed on 19/12/2020
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"Great for team collaboration and information sharing within an organization!"

Comments: Confluence is great for presenting data and information for other users on the team to see, but can be a struggle to customize or format in the way you want.

Pros: Confluence is very easy to use. Within the company, we use Confluence for creating guides, work instructions, and capturing other forms of data in spaces that we can organize. Everyone on the team has the ability to modify pages, adding their own inputs, or making comments. The tool supports a few useful methods of formatting information: tables, images, code snippets, and the usual rich text formatting styles. There are various addons that expand Confluence's basic functions. Confluence and JIRA can work together and you are able to add JIRA links or view JIRA field data directly from Confluence. It is easy to draft pages without publishing them until ready. The tool also has many other features for customizing your spaces, from page layouts to color schemes, but my company has these options limited to admin users only.

Cons: As much as it is great to enter information on pages in a very presentable manner, text formatting can be very frustrating. When you are on a bulletted list and want to remove the bullet from the next text line, it often also affects the previous line. It is the same thing for bolding or indentations, text isn't often treated as per line but sort of in groups of lines that I haven't been able to figure out. It is certainly not as easy as writing things out within a Word document or other word formatting tool.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Krystyna L.
Quality Assurance Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"A multifunctional wiki system, but not a storage repository"

Comments: If you are looking for a way to collaborate better, Confluence will provide you with all the necessary features for this. Definitely, Confluence deserves to be recommended thanks to its high level of productivity, multifunctionality, and ease of use.

Pros: The abilities provided by Confluence to work with documents and other content are incredible. It is a pretty simple action to attach various types of documents, as well as track, look them through, and search the necessary ones. The latter is available due to the possibilities of the advanced program’s search system as well. Apart from this mentioned functionality, our company also likes the security level of Confluence, its administrative and management features, and powerful configuration capabilities.

Cons: We like how powerful Confluence is as a wiki system. However, this product is not a storage repository at all. That is why our employees and clients of our services are sometimes confused because of the constant need to switch between different platforms. It may be really hard to figure out which solution should be preferred in every particular case (for instance, SharePoint or Atlassian Confluence). Otherwise, we do not have any other serious drawbacks we have found about Confluence to share with potential users of the solution.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Analyst
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Confluence Software Review"

Comments: Overall I will recommend this and really it will help you to organize your project

Pros: It's very good alternative for SharePoint sites in terms of its look and UI which is user friendly. It has more options to design your pages for any information you can share with team and also I like the 'watch me' feature which will not full your inbox unnecessarily based on your watch me preference. I loved working with it and created many art icles and how to do information with hyperlinks on it. Also it's connectivity with JiRa really helps us to go directly to our Sprint stories with single sign on

Cons: It should have Auto update on the Jira from confluence.
Also for first time user its little difficult to understand how to create pages and navigate to desire path. It should have some guidelines in pictorial ways .
Also if therw is any possibility of integration with automation tools like UFT it will good

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Heather Z.
Manager, Ad Solutions
Media Production, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Confluence: the documentation dominator!"

Comments: Confluence is our documentation heavy-hitter. And we don't just use it as a system of record, but we also use it to share information cross-company. In almost all instances it has replaced the need for emails, shared drives, and online documents! It's nice having everything (securely) in one place, right at your fingertips.

Pros: In the hectic world we live in today, it seems like a bigger challenge to take a few beats to write things down. My team has become a champion of documentation, but often the larger issue is overlooked: where will this documentation live so that it is accessible and can continue to evolve?! Confluence was the perfect solution!! We have paved the way on the documentation frontier and the rest of the organization has finally jumped on board. Confluence not only allows for cross-team collaboration, but it's a magnificent way to organize and share documentation.

Cons: You really need a game plan when organizing your documentation in how Confluence sets up the hierarchies and the rich text editor format may take a little to get used to if you are coming from other documentation products.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Dinu P.
AML/Financial Crime Lead
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Confluence successfully brings all the business knowledge together."

Comments: Confluence is not only a product name but a definition of how this solution works. I found working on projects in Confluence easy and intuitive - for a growing business, it's a must.

Pros: It was so refreshing moving from folders within folders for all our processes and policies and centralizing everything in confluence. No need for long emails to specific teams advising of changes, Confluence notifies all relevant members automatically when things change. Keeping track of meetings and collecting feedback is also very useful, but where Confluence shines the brightest is in its ability to manage the information flow of complex projects. It's easy to bring all the relevant knowledge on a project page, receive and action comments from colleagues.

Cons: Keeping up to date documents uploaded to Confluence is not the easiest. If you upload a document and then change it in its location, the outdated copy will remain on Confluence and you will need to re-upload. There are fixes around this, but they are not simple. It's not a deal-breaker, but something to consider.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Robert W.
PRoject Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Works Well for end users but a bit cumbersome on the admin side"

Comments: The company uses Confluence as its main tool for intranet communications, with spaces for HR, IT, Business Areas and so on. End users can find information off the main landing page and go to where they need to go. A big plus for us is the ability to set up spaces and pages to fit unique needs as well as use templates for a consistent look and feel. The many add ons and tools make Confluence a great tool for the different units to use as best fits their needs. There are some improvements to be made in search capabilities and more intuitive instructions, but for a huge tool, it's one of the best

Pros: Easy collaboration for teams from 2 to infinity. WIki pages can be made for multiple uses and viewed by those that need to see it. Scalable and easy to template makes consistency great. The integration of Gliffy Diagrams and JIRA is most helpful.

Cons: Confluence is easy for someone just viewing or collaborating on a page BUT is cumbersome to manage, and permissions (privatizing a page) is difficult and the written help is not good at all. THis sometimes means giving permissions for a whole space in order to give permission for a page.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Kate B.
Communications Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Great for Documentation, But Needs Better Editing Tools"

Comments: Overall, Confluence is best when used in conjunction with Jira and other software. I don't think Confluence is the best tool for writers and editors, but it works great for tech teams.

Pros: Confluence is great for keeping SOPs, meeting notes and other documentation organized. It really helps everyone on your team stay on the same page, and it's easy to create different teams, projects, etc. Plus, you can easily insert your Jira tickets so if you're managing projects there, the integration is flawless.

Cons: I'm an editor and I find it really difficult to track editorial changes within the software (mainly because it wasn't designed for that purpose). You can see the history of changes and add comments to each page, but you can't add tracking the way you can in Microsoft Word or Google Docs. I have to embed Google Docs into Confluence rather than adding content directly to Confluence pages. You also can't copy images from Confluence into external software, which is a pain when needing to copy documentation that includes screenshots and graphics.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Daniel K.
Customer Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Great hub for company wide documentations but it's difficult to learn"

Comments: Overall, I do like the look and feel of confluence when reading and navigating on confluence. It is not a perfect product as there are minor bugs & issues one can run into (confluence editing lags if it is somewhat large), but I wouldn't want to switch from it. It's a tool that received lots of effort so switching from it would be a lot of work and effort.

Pros: I very much like the fact that it is the internal company "wikipedia"and there is a central place where all departments can put their documentation and is accessible by the whole company. Basically, if it's not on confluence it "doesn't exist".

Cons: After the newer confluence update (1-2 years ago) the usability of the product drastically became much more difficult and features like hyperlinking images disappeared making it impossible to edit older pages. It is getting better with updates, however, that was quite a frustrating experience for existing users. Searching confluence can also be quite a pain. If you wish to simply search for keywords the suggested pages are not in a logical order.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
David B.
Production Support Clan Manager
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Backbone of knowledge sharing"

Comments: The ability to setup central knowledge stores that can be easily shared is invaluable. Once you are on the system, you have a lot of control over your own space and are not reliant on administrators like some other options on the market.

Pros: The software is very easy to use. You can quickly create team pages and share with other teams. You can structure your page any number of ways. Embedded links, images etc are easy to add and there are a number of 3rd party plugins to expand the service. We used a plugin to get data from our CMDB and insert it into our documentation. That way the documents were always up to date rather than having static data that went out of date quickly. Another useful feature is the ability to export to PDF so if you need to share beyond your environment, it can be done easily.

Cons: The flexibility of the system means that it becomes cluttered very quickly. The search feature is poor. If you don't know what you are looking for, a keywork search can bring back thousands of articles.

CIO
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Good for larger teams, though some aspects are unnecessarily difficult to use"

Comments: We consolidated many individual wikis from GitHub into a single set of corporate technical/developer documentation in Confluence. The import process was manual and time-consuming, because Confluence doesn't support any kind of import from markup. We ended up copying formatted text from GitHub wikis, pasting into Confluence, and fixing the formatting errors (mostly in code blocks). Since we finished the import, Confluence has worked well for us. In addition to consolidating documentation so that we only have to search in one place, we now have the option to incorporate documentation for other teams. Many employees outside of tech don't have GitHub accounts and may not be comfortable writing documents with markup.

Pros: Confluence is a powerful system for creating wiki-style documentation for teams and organizations. Our team consolidated many individual wikis into a comprehensive set of documentation. "Spaces" are a useful concept for organizing documentation for different teams or departments. Within a space, you can create a hierarchy of pages. It has a full set of team editing features including change tracking, comments, comment resolution, and the ability to watch specific pages for changes.

Cons: It's unnecessarily difficult to use. They can't quite seem to decide on a user interface paradigm--is it a wiki that we edit with markup and then preview the final product, or is it a WYSIWYG editor? It's mostly WYSIWYG, except that sometimes markup work too. Some features are buggy; for example, the "markup" content type hasn't worked for me in weeks, which makes it really hard to import markup from wikis. The usability is a lot better than Jira, but not as straightforward as GitHub wikis.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Daniel P.
Consultor ADF
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2019

"Its functionality a beauty."

Comments: With Confluence there is little left for the complaint and not for productivity.
A lot of obsolete applications that left a job for the replaced ants, and not for giants as Confluence shows.
The integrations of its applications make it unique. I hope improvements in the next updates.

Pros: All the applications offered by Confluence are quality guarantee. They complement perfectly with other tools that offer the user a large number of open and expansive options to obtain better results for their operations and projects.
The union of Confluence of all its applications was great; The developer, the manager, even the owner of the company knows exactly how to handle Confluence to perform their tasks.

Cons: We feel uncomfortable with the slowness with which it loads its tools and loads downloads of files, reports, among others. All Confluence applications have this same defect reported by many.
But they do not attend to daily complaints about it. Its design changed drastically, leaving some spaces of knowledge in the air, because the functionality also changed.
The learning curve increases more and more with each update.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2019
Christopher S.
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2019

"Useful for Collaborative Documentation"

Comments: Confluence enables our engineers to collaboratively build and share technical documentation.

Pros: Great for collaboratively writing documents and recording meeting notes. Comes with numerous handy widgets for formatting, embedding, and integration with other software. The search function also works very well!

Cons: Widgets that are not included are often quite expensive. Sometimes these are simple things such as photo gallery viewers.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2019
Divyang S.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"Your Local Internet"

Comments: Confluence is easy to setup and nice to work with. All the employees get what they want and contribute on their own giving them confidence and work more productively. There are many more tools it can be integrated with extra pricing but tools like their default chat tool is also sufficient and does superb work.

Pros: Confluence is like Internet but only for particular organisation. One can setup forums for different teams, share documents or post blogs on taht forum or on the main platform, depending on the access employee was given.
More like mini Blogspots where you get your informations or share your views.
Not only that but you can integrate it with Jira as we did at our organisation. We have recently setup this tool and is great to work with.
It allows to create your local platform or offers you their own depending on the plan you choose to go with which are not that expensive.

Cons: Even though cost is not big issue but the features it provide in each plan are great and if you do not think properly you would be taking a plan with luxurious features but end up not using them. This can not be counted as their fault as it is marketing strategy but user needs to take note of the features they want and the plan they choose.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
QA Lead
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"Nice tool for Documentation"

Comments: Good experience so far, fits very nicely with JIRA environment.

Pros: Good tool for Documentation and writing PRDs,tech documentations etc. Has rich editing options to ease documentation.

Cons: Has limited flexibility to add charts. Need to add paid add-ons for rich charts. Also there is some learning curve involved for traditional text editor users.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020