• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About MarketMan

Restaurant inventory management made easy.

Learn more about MarketMan

Showing 25 reviews of 58

Erik D.
DOO
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Attentive but flawed technology"

Pros: Accurate food costs. Ability to reconcile invoices. Ability to order through the software. Works throughout my company.

Cons: Software doesnt always import to quickbooks. It took forever to get our Sysco account to work properly. COGS report should have snapshot view.

Bartho D.
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees

"Ordering Par Level"

Comments: Good, would like to to integrate with Sage better and the interactive PAR levels as discussed previously.
The different stock UOM for the same product makes it pretty difficult to keep control and count.

Pros: Online capabilities. The system is great to set top and the stock control is really impressive

Cons: The PAR levels should be interactive and look at the usage trend to order a 7day, 10 day or 14 day stock holding.
We either over order or under order as seasons change.

Chris M.
Senior Vice President
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"MarketMan is a First in-class Inventory Management Software Program."

Comments: The customer service is excellent. MarketMan hires experts in both technology and customer success.

Pros: The on-boarding process with MarketMan is first class. They took several calls and demos to make sure they understood exactly what we needed to succeed. The training is extensive. It is a very intuitive system. Most importantly, the reporting features are easy to interpret and extremely detailed. The recipe building is a breeze and it enables the business to set food cost alerts on all menu items.

Cons: The one feature that we would like to see is the ability to enter purchasing budget dollar amounts and have them adjust as purchases are entered into the system.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Maria N.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"5 stars Inventory App"

Comments: Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces. Good training team, they answer all my questions really fast and scheduling a web training with them is really easy and fast.

Pros: Easy to use, placing order really fast with the phone app, best Inventory count system, best up to date inventory control (literally just a click away), time saving when it comes to invoicing (once the order is placed from MM, it's just a click away to transform it into an invoice), integrate with Quickbooks and Revel, cookbooks and multiple measurement units. The best customer service and the training team.

Cons: When integrating with my Revel system, if I change the name of an item, in MM it will appear as a new item and it's hard to follow older reports since the date is not consistent.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
Ray G.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time"

Comments: Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros: Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons: I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Gerard E.
Owner/Director
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur"

Pros: MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons: As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Anil K.
Bakery Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2019

"Great software"

Comments: This software is helping our business with all our orderings, track privious orders and keep record of your spending. On top of that, having all suppliers in one platform is very handy.

Pros: One platform to have all the suppliers together and easy to order/track your needs.

Cons: Nothing so far.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2019
Juan pablo S.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"It solved the problems I was having with stock control"

Comments: Stock and recipe control

Pros: I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature.

Cons: I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.

Marc F.
Barista
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Easy to learn software"

Comments: Very happy.

Pros: It’s easy to use interface, and friendly customer service.

Cons: Can become clunky when trying to fix reports

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Thibault S.

"Great system,"

Pros: You can do a lot of different report. This system is always in changing, they're improving every week the functionnality.

Cons: The translation in French, but they're doing better and better.
Sometime the export of the report in excel doesn't work. They need to fix it.

Paolo V.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"from FnB to Marketman - Great System"

Comments: I haven't had the chance to use marketman to the full potential, and I am pretty sure that the little issues I might have encountered are caused by my lack of understanding fully yhr system yet. But as a first impression it seems like a great system with lots of functinality and fairly easy to use. Way better than the old school software like FnB or Comtrex

Pros: The flexibility and the speed of use of the software. It's fairly intuitive even though you need some training here and there to fully understand the system.

Cons: Some functionalities are not as intuitive or easy, such as managing and linking categories from the till system to products on marketman

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Partner
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"Simple, easy to use and it works!"

Comments: We now have a great handle on our inventory and ordering process. The fact that we don't really think about this anymore is testament to how well the system works.

Pros: Have used a number of similar systems in my time, MarketMan is the simplest and easiest to use. Very instinctive and efficient.

Cons: Very little, nothing to dislike really but would suggest more customisable reports and graphs.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Joseph O.
Warehouse Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Ease of use has done wonders for my team"

Pros: Ease of Use
Various Report
Combining of items
Iphone App is great
Helps Flow of items in our park

Cons: Software sometimes updates without notice.
Some of the reports are very abstract.
Can't see incoming orders through app.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Melissa M.
Purchasing Manager
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"One platform, so many functions"

Comments: We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros: I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons: Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Andrew M.
Prepared Foods Admin Clerk
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"User Friendly Inventory Management :)"

Comments: This allowed us to more easily see price problems. We can now easily check margins on items, and get up to date pricing on all of our items. It has made our inventory process much less intimidating, both speeding up the process, and making us feel confident that our count was accurately costed.

Pros: After struggling to use other programs for months, I happily found Marketman. This is the only program I have found that is cloud based, really does speed up the inventory counting process, and is also very user friendly. We have multiple people that log in to our account to check prices and enter recipes, so it was important for it to be easy to access and navigate. It was also important for us to be able to enter in inventory while counting, and to potentially have multiple people do it at once. Finally I like the ease of downloading anything you need. Whether its an old invoice, inventory report, or any other report you can easily download and print anything you have entered.

Cons: The one thing I wish it had was conversions for recipe entering. Unless you have the same unit of measuring as it is received in, you will likely have to do some converting to type up your recipes. Cheftech allows you to enter in other units of measurement (ex 1 cup flour=4.5oz) so you can now type up recipes using cup measurements rather than all weights etc.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Caleb O.
Purchasing Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality"

Pros: Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons: mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Luke V.
District Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Overall a great program for keeping track of inventory."

Comments: Ease of counting and keeping track of all our inventory.

Pros: The simplicity of it. I think its really self explanatory and if you just keep using the program itself you will have a hang of it in no time.

Cons: Some times it doesnt always link with our POS system and it doesn't display our sales so it throws our usage of cups way off.

Patricia S.
Finance Manager

"Outstanding platform"

Comments: Very easy to use, needs a lot of work to set up but you would have that with any software
Once set up as long as it’s used correctly it will give you loads of information

Pros: Easy to use, lots of information that can been drawn from it regarding profitability of dishes
Stock valuation is now so easy
Saves a massive amount of time

Cons: I don’t think there is anything bad about the software

John L.
Director of Operations
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Marketman Review"

Pros: It's been a great addition to our costing process within our company. We are finally able to see our theoretically vs actual food cost across multiple sales channels down to the penny! This insight helps us make strategic decisions within our business.

Cons: The software is very granular and can take a while to set up, but the time invested is worth it 100x over.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Zac P.
Inventory Manager
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"MarketMan has helped us save both money and time."

Comments: Time and money saving

Pros: I like the ability to compare prices per unit and track our inventory. I've also been very impressed by the customer service. The customer representative has been very helpful and proactive about showing us how to get the most from MarketMan.

Cons: There is a learning curve, but our representative has done a lot to show us how to get the most out of MarketMan.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
David S.
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2014

"Highly recommended for small/ medium size restaurant chains"

Comments: Pros: ease of use, mobile app for supply ordering and inventory counts, BOM + POS integration works flawlessly.
Cons: sending faxes to suppliers cost 15 cents per fax

• Reviewed on 24/12/2014
Maxwell P.
Consultant
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Food Costing & Analysis"

Comments: We have been very pleased with MarketMan since the beginning. And even though this has been a really strange year, we have worked to implement the software at a location while trying to navigate the "new normal" with COVID, but we have been very well supported by MarketMan during this time.

Pros: This product is instrumental in ensuring your food costs are on a budget. I have used several Food Costing software packages, and MarketMan is really great at getting those costs under control and monitoring changes.

Cons: The only thing that I would really like to have added would be a push into Square from Marketman. Such as price and inventory changes could be set in MarketMan, and they would push into Square, but this is really a minor want.

Frank C.
Chief Operating Officer
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Marketman helps drive efficiencies"

Comments: Marketman is a great business partner and provides the best customer service. Attentive to the needs of our business. Great software that drove efficiency across multiple lawyers of the business, from inventory control, recipe costing and accounts payable.

Pros: The software is great on mobile platform. Invoice scanning with line item receiving is huge for us.

Cons: Wish it had the ability to calculate nutritional values for our recipes.

Gede S.
Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Totally great inventory software!"

Comments: Accurately showing profit and expenses, physical inventory item quantity as controlling stock in storage.

Pros: I have been using this software more than 3years, the most i like are very accurately to calculate profit and lost day by day or monthly. Easy to use syncronizing with other POS system to create recipe in every single item sale.

Cons: Everything is perfect as what i need to running my company that i manage.