ProcurementExpress.com Reviews

by ProcurementExpress.com

• Overall
    4.7 /5

About ProcurementExpress.com

350+ 4.7/5 reviews. Simple yet, fully featured. The highest rated purchasing software.

Learn more about ProcurementExpress.com

Shaikh S.
Procurement & Admin
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Easy and Helpful"

Comments: It is a online a platform where can upload the invoices it will go to the respective defined approver for approval, once it is approved, the invoice are good to go for payment. Before using Procurement express, We had to actually manage the hard copies of the invoices and maintain the excel file for records, ProcurementExpress helped a lot to store invoices at one platform and hence managing invoices becomes easy.

Pros: Easy to upload invoice, supports almost types of files, can download CSV file to analyse quickly, Stored data at one platform, can be accessible from anywhere, Good customer support.

Cons: It doesn't give option to put tax amount manually.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 14/06/2019

Hi Shaikh, we're happy that you find the app easy and helpful. That's exactly what we aim for.

The reason for the fixed tax rate is that manually entering tax makes it too easy for people to ignore/forget about adding tax. You can add any number of tax rates in the company settings.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Luke H.
Managing DIrector
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"Reflections Review"

Pros: Easy to use in all aspects. Provides great accountability.

Cons: Nothing! We are completely happy and satisfied with the product

Thank you, Luke.
It's a joy to reply to this great review. Very helpful.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Philip L.
Maintenance Supervisor
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"Descent Software"

Comments: I really liked it at first but now as we come across more problems I'm really getting concerned. Why are there problems now nearly a year into implementation?

Pros: Its easy to navigate. It provides remaining budget amounts immediately when entering line items.

Cons: Too many errors after implementation of the software.
Select a department when starting the request but the individual line item dropdown menus show another department.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Mark O.
Division Manager
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2017

"OU800 User"

Comments: This program is fairly easy and straight forward to use. The only real issue we have with this is the inability to write Change Orders to an existing PO. Having to write another PO to our vendor can sometimes be very confusing to their billing departments and gets our commitments scrambled at times.

Pros: Ease of use.

Cons: Cannot write Change Orders to existing PO's

by Rubberstamp.io on 01/06/2017

Mark, thank you for your review. We have the "edit" and "cancel and revise" buttons, but we will hand it over to development for you.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Dustin R.
Buyer/Expiditor
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"New User with No Previous Background"

Comments: Thus far as everything has been good. If you fix the enter key issue I mentioned above, you'll have a friend for life.

Pros: It makes the whole PO process easier for all departments throughout my organization. I haven't had much time to scope out the bells and whistles yet. It was basically learned on the fly, so that should speak to your ease of use.

Cons: If you could fix this one issue I have and I'm betting other do as well and if they read this will be like, "oh yeah, he's right". Where you are on the screen creating the PO, every time you hit the enter key it submits the PO. This happens most when you're entering in quantities or price. I think that it's habit for most people to hit the enter key after they've typed in the price expecting that it may just close the window or something, but instead it sends the PO whether you're finished or not. This alone accounts for 96% of all our canceled PO's. I find it especially obnoxious when our company has certain PO's setup for a manger approval. They get kinda pissy when they've just approved it and then 10 seconds later he comes the canceled PO email. Anyways, if that were fixed, I would be a happy camper. I'm also curious if it's just me being a weirdo.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Gonzo H.
group Consultant
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Easy to use and great value for money."

Pros: Feature set more than enough, customer service and price.

Cons: Could do with more customisation of fields and settings.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 09/08/2019

Thanks for the very helpful review, Gonzo. We'll reach out to you about the customisation functionality you're looking for.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Stacey P.
Accounting Associate
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"I am a big fan of Procurement Express"

Comments: My overall experience is excellent.

Pros: The software is very easy to use and understand. I particularly like the approval routing process which ensures that when it comes to the payment of an invoice, you feel confident that it is 'OK to pay'. It keeps Department Heads accountable as they are able to easily look at their budget, seen what is pending and what is paid, and the balance that they have remaining. For those 'non finance types', this layout is simple to understand. There are a variety of personal settings you can manage - that way you can decide what notifications you would like to receive during the approval process.

Cons: The frustration is that the software does not integrate with our payment system. It would be great if they were able to talk to each other. Sometimes, bills are paid (without a PO) that need to go against a certain budget, however, with no PO, it doesn't show up and adjust the budget remaining amount. A special 'budget adjustment' journal was set up for us to help us with issue, but this also has some bugs. So I would have to say the data is probably only 70-80% accurate. But in saying that, I still think it is a great process and has enabled a much improved purchase order process to the non existent one we had previously.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Robert L.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Great to track PO's"

Comments: overall I would say this program has helped my business keep its spending in order and within budgets many times since we started using it.

Pros: Well in a simple way of saying ti this program ROCKS. Use it daily to track my purchases with multiple vendors and locations that we buy products.

Cons: Only con is the mobile app has to be downloaded with the classic version or its a little tricky to use.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 20/12/2019

Thank you for the very helpful review, Robert. Your stars mean the world to us.
Our success team will reach out to you about the mobile app soon. We've just released a new version with push notifications.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Andries D.
Investment Analyst
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Using and Fit of the product"

Comments: Having a reliable and consistent view of the budget is half the battle won. I think you should consider including approval/payment protocols with days and alerts (and no proceed functions) for overdue days to be adapted in line with the companies Financial management Policy. This will avoid a lot of PO's pending, approved but not paid/not ticked to paid, missing invoices and Proof of payments.

Pros: I like the fact there is now a robust program where the various projects budgets can be loaded, downloaded into excel and analysed. Ability to have a snapshot view on the budget vs Spent to enable cash flow management.

Cons: On inception of the project a budget is loaded. However there is not feature that shows the various changes to the budget when they occur to help in future audit of the changes and better budgeting in future.
I feel that the Purchase order function should have an invoice approval section which becomes automatically converted to paid.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Aidan M.
Chief People Officer
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2020

"Great product!"

Comments: Procurement Express has helped us bring great efficiency and simplified ways of working to our business. Great product i'd highly recommend.

Pros: Easy to use software that's created great efficiencies within our business!

Cons: I've had some simple log-in issues, but nothing major

• Reviewed on 12/08/2020
Tim Y.
Operations Consultant
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2019

"Rubberstamp Review"

Comments: SPUD.ca is building a centralized procurement department. This is a large endeavour as the company growth has been exponential however the processes and tools were not updated along the way. In the latest update, we began to:
- Utilize all the different roles instead of funneling all POs to two or three Approvers
- Automate the approval flows
- Create departments to funnel the correct budgets to
Although this is a big update and we planned many of the details, as with all software changes there were some speed bumps and show stoppers. This is where representative came in. He supported me and my team throughout the whole update providing expert advice and updating/uploading the vast amount of data updates. He provided help and guidance through creating our SOPs and created Video Tutorials to complement our Work Instructions. With his help, SPUD will now rely even more on Procurement Express to process our purchases and generate our POs. And without his help, this large update at SPUD could have failed! We look forward to continuing working with representative as we continue to closely integrate our processes with Procurement Express. Thanks again representative, you have been extraordinary!

Pros: Intuitive for procurement process flow
Ease of use for the Teammembers and Approvers
Support is always available using the instant messaging feature on the website

Cons: The linking of departments, budgets and approvers is not intuitive and can cause a lot of re-work
Approval flow for a PO once automated, must go from the lowest approver and up
Approval structure is linked to a budget and not linked to the department

by ProcurementExpress.com on 20/12/2019

Thank you for the helpful review, Tim.
You'd be happy to hear that we are working on a solution for your cons. Your star representative will reach out and tell you more about it. Thank you for the great compliment.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Christina L.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2017

"I needed a simple PO system for a start up, got this system live in a week!"

Comments: Solved my PO Approval needs without having to go to an enterprise tool like Oracle.

Pros: Functionality: easy to use, well designed, thoughtful workflows, robust functionality without being burdensome. ProcurementExpress.com not only understands the ins and outs of POs, but they also have created an information architecture that covers every base. UI/UX: Intuitive, clean design, modern look and one of the best UI designs I've seen. Speed of implementation - I literally spent a week from finding ProcurementExpress.com online to issuing our first PO. Set up was a breeze, ProcurementExpress.com was willing to help but I preferred to just plow through myself. Nifty import and export features are handy for mass updates or uploads. Support:I work in the software industry and ProcurementExpress.com has the best support I've ever seen. Chat is almost always available, reps are knowledgeable and I have yet to not get a resolution on my first contact. They do weekly releases, so if you need an enhancement, they are very responsive and timely on getting them in. I recommended it to our accounting firm to share with their other small biz clients, it was exactly what I needed for my client. In a nutshell, best in class design and exceptionally good customer support. It is the awesome customer support that makes it a no brainer choice.

Cons: Cons with the software are very few. I had a little trouble understanding how the Approval Limits worked, but that was probably my ignorance on the PO process. The ProcurementExpress.com rep called me during a chat question and clarified within 5 minutes. The user documentation is light, but because the support is so good - the don't need heavy how to documents or videos. I created my own training videos for my staff, it would have been cool if ProcurementExpress.com had a YouTube channel with training videos. Maybe that is to come...

• Reviewed on 10/09/2017
K L.
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Amazingly simple and effective streamlined Purchase Order management product"

Comments: After screening multiple PO products, ProcurementExpress.com was by far and away my favorite. The platform provides virtually everything that could be desired in a simple user-friendly solution. Consulting at a construction company that is used to a loose paper process, the user friendliness of the product made the transition to electronic option feasible. There is a history shown on each PO, allowing visibility into any edits that are made (the edit feature is something we use every day). It is great to be able to add custom fields and control which fields are required vs optional. We look forward to the app being available as well in the future. The fact that we were able to pay for some company specific customizations that were owner requisites was phenomenal (as nice as the standard product is without the customization, we greatly look forward to the enhancements). After the free trial, we were sold on deciding to move forward with company-wide implementation.

Pros: - Customization Options - particularly enjoy being able to make some fields optional vs mandatory -Searchable - going to the list of POs it is easy to search for a specific word that is contained in any given number of POs in virtually any field -Customer Service - during the implementation phase and beyond customer service responsiveness has been great (usually able to get a response within 24 hours from around the world)

Cons: -Customer Service (occasionally the time zone seemed like it caused confusion for when a support call might be scheduled given the international nature of the company)

by Rubberstamp.io on 02/06/2017

Thank you Katie for your insightful review. We love to hear from our clients and how they find our System. Hopefully our 24hour support will change the confusion with the different time zones.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2016
Gage S.
Estimator
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Makes work easier"

Pros: We're cutting POs daily for multiple jobs and it can get overwhelming. This software cuts the work in half. It tracks all POs neatly and the search feature makes finding old Purchase Orders a breeze.

Cons: There's really nothing that's bad about this software, but if I had to pick, I would choose the way you have to know the grand total of what the invoice is going to end up being. We rent equipment and we might have it quoted for 3 months, at $100 a month, bringing the total to $300. But if something comes up and we need to keep it for another month or two, that's $200 that's not being plugged in. It would be easier if there was an option the put the monthly invoice in there, and it keep reapplying itself until it's told otherwise.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 05/07/2019

Thanks for the 5 stars Gage!
Our friendly customer success team will reach out to you with a solution for 1 monthly invoice that reapplies :)

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
David S.
Operations Manager
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2017

"Our whole organisation are extremely pleased with our acquisition of ProcurementExpress.com."

Pros: ProcurementExpress.com is really easy to use, and not one of our people struggles with it. The best feature is that you can use it anywhere because it is web based, which suits us down to the ground as many of our team travel & work in remote locations. The customer support is excellent, so when we find we need a new feature the ProcurementExpress.com team usually sort us out very quickly.

Cons: Now that we have been using it a few years the data base has grown quite large and so we would like the reporting features to be enhanced, with more filters prior to data dump rather than sorting the spreadsheets afterwards.

by Rubberstamp.io on 01/06/2017

David, thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful review. Your enhancement request is noted and will be forwarded to our development team.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2017
Dan B.
Financial Controller
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"Helpful products. Gets the job of POs done."

Comments: Positive. Helpful when there is issues. Setup takes some effort but once it's set it's pretty maintenance free.

Pros: Electronic approval process. Simple for end users.

Cons: Budget process is pretty useless for accounting. Budget doesn't have a date range so could be $ per week, month, year....
Employee access is determined by department but approval is by GL account. Employee has to choose a budget from ALL budgets in the ALL accessible departments, not just those they have approval rights to. Too much to look at. For example, IT only has approval on Computer Supplies in every department but has to see every budget in every department to choose a budget for a PO.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Adrian B.
Infrastructure Team Lead
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Great product"

Comments: Wonderful piece of software does just what we need - tracking expenditure - without being overly complex, or requiring any accounts system integration. Would be nice to have some extra features (e.g. charts, graphs) and some more ways to customize views of data, but overall we are very pleased. Support is amazing - practically instant, 24 hours a day. They also don't insist on up-front sales calls before allowing a trial, which is a bonus.

Pros: Simple, not overly complex/bloated. Enables efficient tracking of expenditure and helps finance reconcile accounts.

Cons: Lack of charts/graphs
Lack of customization of views (e.g. viewing custom fields when viewing lists of POs)
Inability to re-allocate items to different budgets after approval/payment without unmarking the invoice as paid, canceling and revising
It would also be nice to have budget groups - which would allow budget categories to be grouped together under an overarching 'master' budget.
Per-line item allocations would also be good - we had to create custom fields for this.
There are other small annoyances - e.g. files needing to be re-attached if an error is found when submitting a PO, but the above are the most prominent.

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

Thank you Adrian for your insightful review. We value our clients opinion and help us build on a better product. Although there is a few hiccups, we are glad to hear you are satisfied with our software. We will speak with development and see what we can do about adding charts and graphs, I believe it is on the roadmap for future developments.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Roland A.
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2016

"rich enough for complex financial management; easy enough to get working fast"

Comments: Started using this well over a year ago. The team is improving it at a good pace. It is now very feature rich and remains easy to use.

Pros: Good value for the money. We use it for purchasing control and approval. It is not as good at tracking "traveling salesperson" expenses but it works OK for that. It does do budget tracking and provides good tools for proposing a big ticket expense, gathering information, organizing discussions about options, and then recording what was bought, when it was paid for, when it was delivered, etc.

Cons: It doesn't have features like importing data from corporate credit card accounts that you might want for a big team of outbound traveling people turning in expense reports after the fact.

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

Thank you for your insightful review Roland. Thank you for your compliment we appreciate it. We will look into the data importing from corporate credit card accounts.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2016
Justin K.
Pledge Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Experience with Procurement Express"

Comments: As a user I raise a lot of purchase orders on a daily basis. Procurement Express allows me to do so in an easy to manage, user friendly way.

Pros: It is very user friendly and intuitive. It also is well very well organised, allows for easy creation and submission of PO's and is overall a very good system. Additionally the support are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons: It is a very good system so essentially nit picking but sometimes the excel function does not export the transactions for me. That is probably due to errors on my end though.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 10/01/2020

Thank you Justin. As one of our oldest customers, this awesome review really means a lot. Our support team will reach out to you about the errors on excel report downloads.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Laurie B.
Special Ops/Admin
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"Makes my life so much easier!"

Comments: It keeps my life organized and everything is accounted for. PLUS I don't have to keep the paper receipts!

Pros: It makes everything so organized and measurable. I absolutely LOVE Rubberstamp! I just trained another girl last week on how to use it.

Cons: I wish that I could print out reports because I do a LOT of the entries, but I'm not the Administrator. Sometimes I like to report how much I've spent on Publix and/or BJ's Wholesale Club, but I have to bug the Administrator when I want to do that. I've been with you all awhile. Any way that you can enable me to do that?

by ProcurementExpress.com on 16/08/2019

Thank you for all the stars, Laurie. You should be able to get the reports you were looking for now.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Paul F.
Dean Of Students
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2017

"Easy and simple to use, a few small glitches."

Comments: Overall I am quite pleased with ProcurementExpress.com. It is incredibly simple, yet very robust. It has made my budgets very transparent and I am able to easily track my departments spending. It has eliminated the PO paper trail that was time consuming, inefficient, and inaccurate. The real time updates allow me to plan better my budgets. The only issue that I would like to be fixed is that an approved amount total still affects my budget even if I partially pay some of it. This and a few other small glitches have appeared but the developer has been very good about making updates to address like issues. Overall I am very pleased with this product and it was a good improvement in my budgeting process.

Pros: Eliminates the need for paper. Great transparency. Easy to use.

Cons: Still some glitches that need to be fixed.

by Rubberstamp.io on 01/06/2017

Thank you for your review Paul, it is much appreciated. Feel free to talk to us about the glitches you experience and we will let the development team look at it.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2017
Marlena P.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Excellent system"

Comments: It has evolved from when I started first and it's getting better and better.

Pros: It's user friendly and has all the necessary features for supporting finance department in a medium size organisation. Very transparent and effective. Great reporting features.

Cons: I can't think of anything that bothers me much.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 20/12/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars, Marlena.
We're very happy to read that you're still so happy with the app after 2 years. Great having you on board.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Sufiyan S.
Procurement & Admin
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders, Good Software to use."

Comments: It has made the process easy in the organization.
All the invoices are stored online at one platform
Easy accessible

Pros: Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders, Good Software to use,
1) Easy to use.
2) Accessible from anywhere
3) Storage of data

Cons: Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders.
Cons
1) cannot put Tax percentage manually

by ProcurementExpress.com on 10/01/2020

Thank you for your helpful review, Sufiyan. We're happy that you find the software easy to use.

For accuracy and consistency, you can save as many tax rates to the system settings as you like. Then, when creating a purchase request, your team members can select the relevant tax rate for that line item. As always, our friendly customer success team is available on chat if you need help setting that up.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Tom E.
Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2016

"Engage. Collaborate. Evolve."

Comments: ProcurementExpress.com is an awesome platform! The user friendly and intuitive interface quickly gets users online and keeps them engaged. You have the ability to add custom fields to tailor a solution that is as unique as your business. The team is responsive and engages requests to improve the solution. Watching the software evolve over the last six months amazes me and confirms this was the right solution for our company.

Pros: Clean, user friendly and intuitive user face. Mobile for users and the administrator. Responsive customer service. Constant stream of improvements. Focused on improving the user experience.

Cons: None

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

Tom, thank you for your great review, we appreciate it. We enjoy getting insight from our clients and to hear how they experience the software. We hope you continue to enjoy the software as it is in a growing phase.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2016
Philip H.
General Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"I have been using Rubberstamp for over three years. It has been a great experience until now."

Comments: - Traceability
- Ubiquitous access
- Control over the procurement department
- Scalability
- a parallel platform to our existing accounting SW

Pros: The following is the pros I have found in rubberstamp:
- easy and fluid access
- simple display
- rich content
- scalability
- ubiquitous
- customer care responsiveness

Cons: - the possibility of having duplications in the approval of POs.
- you cannot change the payment process and details from your account. You need to contact admin
- reporting schemes should be developed more

• Reviewed on 09/10/2017