ProcurementExpress.com Reviews

by ProcurementExpress.com

• Overall
    4.7 /5

About ProcurementExpress.com

360+ 4.7/5 reviews. Simple yet, fully featured. The highest rated purchasing software.

Learn more about ProcurementExpress.com

Gonzo H.
group Consultant
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Easy to use and great value for money."

Pros: Feature set more than enough, customer service and price.

Cons: Could do with more customisation of fields and settings.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 09/08/2019

Thanks for the very helpful review, Gonzo. We'll reach out to you about the customisation functionality you're looking for.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Dusan K.
Managing Director
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"PO solution well done!"

Pros: We have been using ProcurementExpress for 10 months now. We acomplished almost all the goals we wanted with this solution. I would say it is very flexible and can help both small and big companies because it is easily scalable, the structure of PO approval, budgets and budget structure can be very simple or complex depending od the needs.

Cons: This is not a con, but only a suggestion, sometimes we miss certain features that we think are a must, but the the development team does not. On the other hand, some of our suggestions were immediately corrected or even added to the system.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 09/08/2019

This is a very helpful review, we appreciate all the stars.
Thank you, Dusan.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Carole L.
VP Business Operations
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Fantastic product!"

Comments: From the initial inquiry to the final deployment, our experience with ProcurementExpress has been nothing but positive.

Pros: This software was very easy to deploy. The customization and overall work flow was quite streamlined.

Cons: There are some hard coded areas that appear on Purchase Orders which cannot be removed, but we are working through them with customization.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2021
Christina L.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2017

"I needed a simple PO system for a start up, got this system live in a week!"

Comments: Solved my PO Approval needs without having to go to an enterprise tool like Oracle.

Pros: Functionality: easy to use, well designed, thoughtful workflows, robust functionality without being burdensome. ProcurementExpress.com not only understands the ins and outs of POs, but they also have created an information architecture that covers every base. UI/UX: Intuitive, clean design, modern look and one of the best UI designs I've seen. Speed of implementation - I literally spent a week from finding ProcurementExpress.com online to issuing our first PO. Set up was a breeze, ProcurementExpress.com was willing to help but I preferred to just plow through myself. Nifty import and export features are handy for mass updates or uploads. Support:I work in the software industry and ProcurementExpress.com has the best support I've ever seen. Chat is almost always available, reps are knowledgeable and I have yet to not get a resolution on my first contact. They do weekly releases, so if you need an enhancement, they are very responsive and timely on getting them in. I recommended it to our accounting firm to share with their other small biz clients, it was exactly what I needed for my client. In a nutshell, best in class design and exceptionally good customer support. It is the awesome customer support that makes it a no brainer choice.

Cons: Cons with the software are very few. I had a little trouble understanding how the Approval Limits worked, but that was probably my ignorance on the PO process. The ProcurementExpress.com rep called me during a chat question and clarified within 5 minutes. The user documentation is light, but because the support is so good - the don't need heavy how to documents or videos. I created my own training videos for my staff, it would have been cool if ProcurementExpress.com had a YouTube channel with training videos. Maybe that is to come...

• Reviewed on 10/09/2017
Justin K.
Pledge Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Experience with Procurement Express"

Comments: As a user I raise a lot of purchase orders on a daily basis. Procurement Express allows me to do so in an easy to manage, user friendly way.

Pros: It is very user friendly and intuitive. It also is well very well organised, allows for easy creation and submission of PO's and is overall a very good system. Additionally the support are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons: It is a very good system so essentially nit picking but sometimes the excel function does not export the transactions for me. That is probably due to errors on my end though.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 10/01/2020

Thank you Justin. As one of our oldest customers, this awesome review really means a lot. Our support team will reach out to you about the errors on excel report downloads.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Adrian B.
Infrastructure Team Lead
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Great product"

Comments: Wonderful piece of software does just what we need - tracking expenditure - without being overly complex, or requiring any accounts system integration. Would be nice to have some extra features (e.g. charts, graphs) and some more ways to customize views of data, but overall we are very pleased. Support is amazing - practically instant, 24 hours a day. They also don't insist on up-front sales calls before allowing a trial, which is a bonus.

Pros: Simple, not overly complex/bloated. Enables efficient tracking of expenditure and helps finance reconcile accounts.

Cons: Lack of charts/graphs
Lack of customization of views (e.g. viewing custom fields when viewing lists of POs)
Inability to re-allocate items to different budgets after approval/payment without unmarking the invoice as paid, canceling and revising
It would also be nice to have budget groups - which would allow budget categories to be grouped together under an overarching 'master' budget.
Per-line item allocations would also be good - we had to create custom fields for this.
There are other small annoyances - e.g. files needing to be re-attached if an error is found when submitting a PO, but the above are the most prominent.

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

Thank you Adrian for your insightful review. We value our clients opinion and help us build on a better product. Although there is a few hiccups, we are glad to hear you are satisfied with our software. We will speak with development and see what we can do about adding charts and graphs, I believe it is on the roadmap for future developments.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Roland A.
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2016

"rich enough for complex financial management; easy enough to get working fast"

Comments: Started using this well over a year ago. The team is improving it at a good pace. It is now very feature rich and remains easy to use.

Pros: Good value for the money. We use it for purchasing control and approval. It is not as good at tracking "traveling salesperson" expenses but it works OK for that. It does do budget tracking and provides good tools for proposing a big ticket expense, gathering information, organizing discussions about options, and then recording what was bought, when it was paid for, when it was delivered, etc.

Cons: It doesn't have features like importing data from corporate credit card accounts that you might want for a big team of outbound traveling people turning in expense reports after the fact.

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

Thank you for your insightful review Roland. Thank you for your compliment we appreciate it. We will look into the data importing from corporate credit card accounts.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2016
Virginia M.
Librarian
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Simple, fast communication"

Comments: The benefit to Procurement Express is that we can work on two different campuses and accomplish quite a bit together. (I share a library budget with a librarian on another campus.)

Pros: I like Procurement Express because it is express! I can enter a purchase request, have it approved within seconds via email, and then have the item ordered. This is one software that really "plows through" the bureaucracy and is transparent.

Cons: I least like the fact that when I edit it, it re-sends the PO.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 20/12/2019

Thank you, Virginia!
Your review really hits the nail on the head.
The PO is resent for approval after edits for security reasons. We hope it's not too much of a con :)

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Bruce M.
V.P.
Shipbuilding, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2020

"We use ProcurementlExpress daily to help accounting track our purchases for all our different jobs."

Comments: All our management use your service every day. Accounting can then pull up P.O. and track what each
individual is doing.

Pros: We build and operate dredges. At one time we might have five or six jobs running and also project in our yard. ProcurementExpress allows us to track spending on each job and also each dredge.

Cons: If I am part way through P.O. and have to do something else on computer I might lose original first page.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2020
Andries D.
Investment Analyst
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Using and Fit of the product"

Comments: Having a reliable and consistent view of the budget is half the battle won. I think you should consider including approval/payment protocols with days and alerts (and no proceed functions) for overdue days to be adapted in line with the companies Financial management Policy. This will avoid a lot of PO's pending, approved but not paid/not ticked to paid, missing invoices and Proof of payments.

Pros: I like the fact there is now a robust program where the various projects budgets can be loaded, downloaded into excel and analysed. Ability to have a snapshot view on the budget vs Spent to enable cash flow management.

Cons: On inception of the project a budget is loaded. However there is not feature that shows the various changes to the budget when they occur to help in future audit of the changes and better budgeting in future.
I feel that the Purchase order function should have an invoice approval section which becomes automatically converted to paid.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Sarah C.
Production Administrator
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2017

"Perfect way to gather all our PO's in one location - no more losing paper!"

Pros: I LOVE that we can comment on the Purchase Orders to communicate, rather than emailing. It's way easier to locate conversations!

Cons: I dislike that you cannot alter a PO once it has been approved. Many times we have to estimate prices and when the invoice comes in we can't change the amounts (or the budgets!).

by Rubberstamp.io on 02/06/2017

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for the review.

I wanted to follow up with you on your "cons".

If you are a finance user, you can actually make changes to purchase orders after they have been approved.

You are right about changing budgets though. We are working on that at the moment so I'll let you know once something has been changed there. It'll only be for finance users though as otherwise regular users could game the system and create POs for unauthorised amounts. A big no no :-)

Best

Richard

• Reviewed on 02/06/2017
Sarah C.
Production Administrator
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Worth the investment!"

Pros: I can track my actual expenses in real time and have a bird's eye view on all purchases in one location!

Cons: I wish I could customize the columns in the export to excel process.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 06/09/2019

Thank you for all the stars, Sarah. We really appreciate your kind words.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Pam G.
Production Accountant
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Purchase Orders"

Comments: I find the system easy to use

Pros: I like that I can pull out all the commitments by Project and by department, I can see whether the cost has been paid, committed or rejected easily
It can be downloaded on the Excel
You can print Purchase Orders

Cons: The system does not round up costs. When I am running reports I have to the rounding up

by ProcurementExpress.com on 09/08/2019

Thanks for all the stars, Pam. I've shared your concerns with the team and we'll reach out to you about rounding up costs.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Lee V.
Marketing Assistant
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Easy to use purchase order app"

Pros: It's very easy to use with a clear process. I like how you can choose your budgets and easily keep track of everything that needs to be paid. It shows the different departments which means we can keep track of spend throughout the company. It's also great that everyone can use the same software, from the marketing team, to the production team, and it's super easy to stick to a budget.

Cons: I'm just nitpicking here, but I don't like staring at the colour orange ;) Other than that, it was great!

by ProcurementExpress.com on 22/10/2019

Thank you for your helpful review, Lee. We really appreciate your time. I've heard marketing people comment on our colours before :)

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Christopher R.
International Warehousing and Logistics Consultant
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2018

"Works like a charm"

Comments: It is a very easy way to keep up with your Purchase orders. The Accounting people love it also a quick way to balance open PO's.

Pros: The ease of use of this product makes it must for all Companies. It is a very easy way to keep up with your Purchase orders. The Accounting people love it also a quick way to balance open PO's.

Cons: That it has load between each PO. It would be great that you could enter 4 or 5 Po's at a time.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 14/06/2019

Thank you Christopher, your words go a long way to help the team know their hard work is paying off.

Thanks for the good suggestion, we've added it to the new feature ideas.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2018
Lonnie R.
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2017

"Using ProcurementExpress.com is a breeze compared to products that I have used in the past."

Comments: This software makes using our P.O. system much simpler and more efficient.

Pros: Easy to use on a variety of platforms. Extremely user friendly and easy to train employees on the system.

Cons: When using the filters to look at different P.O.s, I will use the Job # filter to see all P.O.s written for that particular Job. After that when I select the Cost Code filter, the drop down menu still shows every Cost Code from every Job.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Nathalia I.
Financial Analyst
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2016

"My opinion about ProcurementExpress.com"

Comments: Dinda is a brazilian company and we were looking for a support for our budgets. One day we know a ProcurementExpress.com and so far has helped us a lot.

Pros: I really like this software because is a very ease to use. And if I have any problem or question, they help me in the same time.

Cons: Sometimes is very difficult to find some budgets or some purchase orders and I think if have one "Filter by column on the PO Dashboard" it would be easier.

by Rubberstamp.io on 06/06/2017

We thank you for your review, Nathalia. We hope that you continue to have a good experience with our software and we are happy to inform you that the filter feature has been added and updated.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Paul M.
Procurement Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Simple and easy to use system, exactly what we needed for our small to medium business"

Pros: Ease of use help make this software one of the best. I also enjoy the fact i can approve the PO`s remotely from the app, this keeps my staff extremely happy and they like approvals ASAP.

Cons: I have multiple PO`s to do for 1 supplier, the only think i need to change is the price however i must enter all the details from scratch. Needs to be a faster way of doing this.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Jay R.
Finance Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Great efficient product for budget controls"

Comments: Reduce in spending and better control over budgets

Pros: I like approval features and control over budget features that it provides for department heads to control they own spending.

Cons: The reporting features are limited and custom ones has to be requested. The team are very helpful and quick with request. The requests are resolved within 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Santosh K.
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Easy, Faster and Customizeable"

Pros: My life at work has become that much easier. Clear and easy to use software that cuts my time nearly in half. Customer service team is great! Fast reliable, and friendly.

Cons: Needs better drop down selection and would help if it didn't allow duplicates of product items if you accidentally add it without know its already there.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Rodrigo P.
Head of Administration and Finance
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2017

"One year of experience"

Comments: An excellent service at a suitable price, very good after-sales service.
A very good experience in general terms. Very good connectivity.

Pros: Its easy of use

Cons: Its translation to spanish

by Rubberstamp.io on 23/03/2017

Great review, thanks Rodrigo. Our customer success team are even more motivated after reading this.

Thanks for the heads-up about the Spanish translation, we're looking into that.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2017
Matt H.
Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Good product"

Pros: The software has many great features and some customizability.

Cons: The price is a little high for our use, but it is the only option for us at the moment

by ProcurementExpress.com on 05/07/2019

Thank you Matt, your review means a lot to us. Hope you keep enjoying the product!

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Sharad G.
Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Very streamlined industry choice"

Pros: Especially the customer service team is fantastic, they just resolve your invoice queries as soon as possible.

Cons: They have the edit feature but sometimes it becomes a challenge to change the order values. but its good they resolve it on call.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Garrett L.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Simplistic means of authorising and tracking purchases, an essential project tool."

Pros: Simplistic design and easy to use. Budget control and complete access to suppliers. Complete control over project purchases. Time efficient, eliminating the need for paperwork. Ability to attach invoices and quotes once a purchase order has been created.

Cons: It would be great to submit multiple payments against a purchased items i.e. progress payments. Complete customisation of purchase order numbers. App push notifications which the purchase order number after authorisation. Enhancement to allow approved requests to show against the designated purchase order number within the device application.

by ProcurementExpress.com on 14/02/2020

Thank you Garrett. Your kind words goes a long way. Multiple payments per PO is now available.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Mark C.
Director of Operations
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Rubber Stamp Survey Response"

Comments: We were struggling with an antiquated manual method for POs causing bottle necks and confusion. Rubber Stamp has increased our PO turn around exponentially and the reports allow us to pull ever thing we need. Easy onboarding and great customer support.

Pros: Ease and access of use

Cons: More robust than we need for our purposes

by Rubberstamp.io on 02/06/2017

Great review thank you, Mark. Good to know Rubberstamp help keep track of reports.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017