15 years helping British businesses

About Salesforce Service Cloud

Save time and reduce costs with innovations that reimagine your customer relationships.

Learn more about Salesforce Service Cloud

Pros:

Salesforce is a powerful swiss army knife, with plenty of features and capabilities to cover a multitude of use cases.

Cons:

Sometimes is a little bit confusing on the new front end.

Salesforce Service Cloud ratings

4.1
4.2
4.4
4.1

8.1/10

Salesforce Service Cloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 754 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Service Cloud before?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Senior Director Of Digital Marketing in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent for data tracking and analysis

Comments: This platform allows me to visualize, analyze the progress that has been made during the day, week, month or year because it allows me to store and manage important data about my company, since it allows me to observe the sales, the service provided, the campaigns of marketing that have been launched, the flow of trade that has been obtained, the productivity of the company, etc. This allows me to access the platform on any device since this platform is cloud-based, it also has a mobile version.

Pros:

I like salesforce because it is a client management administration platform where I can have much more personalized attention according to the needs of clients. It helps me with the direct connection with my customers, manage business opportunities since I can automate to establish and negotiate marketing campaigns so that they are more effective with Pardot, this helps me with the unification of the sales department with the marketing department allowing me to attract, select candidates and minimize the sales cycle.

Cons:

The initial setup is a bit complex and takes time.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to implement, good data management

Comments: Keeping track of and following up with my clients was made easier, and I was able to see an overall picture of my month's performance thanks to the data it provided. Because of it, I am able to come up with innovative ideas for our company. When you create a solution that can be used almost indefinitely, you need to be able to scale it. There is no end to what can be done here.

Pros:

Because I've been using it for six years, I've become accustomed to it. It's also easier to use when you have all the information you need about the lead, the firm, and your calling app all on the same page. The best aspect is that you'll have a lot of options when it comes to finding new customers for your business. You'll have no trouble seeing and pursuing the best prospects.

Cons:

Sometimes it's hard to tell which information is helpful and which is negative since there's so much of it out there. It's difficult to gain hands-on experience with different options.

Mason
Sales in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

User friendly

Comments: My personal experience has been overall positive.

Pros:

The reliability to be able to depend on the service in real time.

Cons:

I don’t have access to use the full capability. But from what I have used no cons.

Carl
Vice President in US
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Review Management

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Meh. Streamline operations is definitely necessary. Improve search fields also a must

Pros:

Seems like an adequate service but lots of room for improvement.

Cons:

Could use a lot of improvement regarding the user interface & streamlining operations. Redundant steps not explained well, how or why. Steps like needing to provide signature on approved permit AFTER I've just received approval & paid the fee just creates more steps to hold up the process or miss before next stepcan be implements

Justin
Enablement Specialist in US
Sporting Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Service Cloud Review

Comments: Overall, Salesforce Service Cloud has been a huge improvement for our company compared to our previously used CRM. There are an incredible amount of options available to you to get the most out of the tool and it has become a critical piece of technology for our organization.

Pros:

Salesforce Service Cloud is a one-stop-shop for our business. It provides a well-organized customer list, allowing us to quickly reach our customers with important business updates. It also provides us a central location to house all of our internal and external training documents, with the ability to quickly and easily update them as things change. We are able to customize the look and feel to meet our business needs and have access to incredibly important data on our productivity, customer needs and internal development needs.

Cons:

There is such a sheer amount of data available through Service Cloud, that it is best to have a team of knowledgeable Salesforce support teams members who are able to design the right layout and to access and share important information.

Kelly
Kelly
Design Engineering Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best-in-class CRM and support solution

Comments: It's a win-win for both your business and your customers. Customer service has been boosted as a result. The help and service provided to customers has improved. It makes work more adaptable and scalable.

Pros:

Anyone can pick it up and start using it right away. Numerous special functions help users grasp the situation and perform effectively. Learning about and using Salesforce is a requirement of using Service Cloud.

Cons:

I wish I could send out a mass email to all of my accounts and track their activities in one place. In a broad sense, that would assist advisors save time. It would be convenient if a call could be recorded for more than two accounts at once.

Laura
Laura
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It accelerates customer service and personalizes case management

Comments: Compared to our previous ticketing system, we now have more intuitive case routing based on statuses, escalations, queues, and other routing options. We're excited to shift our attention from solving cases to helping members with their immediate problems.

Pros:

With SAP ERP as the backend, Service Cloud serves as the customer service interface. Our Service Staff's ability to quickly and easily record and bill for Service Activity is the major function.

Cons:

In order for Service cloud to function properly, too many technologies need to be incorporated. There are many features of Service Cloud that are unnecessary for our company.

Jeffrey
executive director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

A bit of an investment, but well worth it if fully utilized.

Comments: Once we decided to make the investment in Salesforce, we were 100% behind implementation for all of our CRM needs. There can be a learning curve but once learned, we can do everything we need to stay connected to our donors.

Pros:

The best thing about Salesforce Service Cloud is that it is fully customizable. It is the only CRM software we need.

Cons:

The upfront cost is more than other programs.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, Amazon S3 and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud: This software seemed more comprehensive, customizable and is the CRM standard.

Partnership manager in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

SFDC Service H.I.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

the real time interactions with clients has been excellent. Team collaboration is required as well. This is crucial to our business processes.

Cons:

no cons at this time, we enjoy using Service Cloud and it's crucial to our business.

Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for sales tracking not so good for customer management

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It’s great software to track sales due to its interfaces with other softwares and very customizable

Cons:

It’s not easy to use and a first time user will have difficulties setting up an account. Also hard to manage clients

Letlet
Sales and Marketing in Philippines
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Step Up Your Customer Service Game with Salesforce Service Cloud

Comments: Prior to implementing Service Cloud, we were struggling with a variety of customer service and support issues. Our team was spending far too much time managing customer data across multiple systems and channels, and as a result, we were not providing the level of support and service that our customers deserved.However, since implementing Service Cloud, we have seen a significant improvement in our customer service and support capabilities. We have been able to provide a more personalized and effective customer experience. In terms of specific business problems that Service Cloud has helped us to solve, there are many. For example, we are now able to more efficiently manage customer cases, allowing our team to resolve issues more quickly and effectively.Overall, my experience with Salesforce Service Cloud has been nothing short of exceptional.

Pros:

Utilizing Salesforce Service Cloud has significantly improved my work as a sales and marketing professional. The fact that Service Cloud provides me with a comprehensive view of our customers is one of the best features. As a result, I am able to provide a more individualized and successful customer experience and gain a deeper comprehension of their preferences and requirements.I'm also very happy about the platform's support across multiple channels. I am able to provide a seamless customer experience regardless of how customers choose to interact with us because I am able to communicate with them through a variety of channels, including email, chat, phone, and social media. As a result, I have been able to strengthen my relationships with our clients and increase their brand loyalty.In general, Salesforce Service Cloud has revolutionized my career in marketing and sales.

Cons:

There have been some obstacles in the way. The platform's complexity is one of Service Cloud's major drawbacks. For those who aren't familiar with the platform, setting up and customizing the system can be difficult. However, I have discovered that the time and resources invested are well worth it in the long run.The cost of Service Cloud could also be a problem. Particularly for smaller businesses or those with limited budgets, this is an investment that must be taken seriously. In general, although Service Cloud faces some difficulties, I believe that the platform's advantages far outweigh any drawbacks.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful and critical user friendly software

Comments: Very positive experience using Salesforce Service Cloud. It completely takes care of our service center ticketing system requirements. Although expensive, we are glad we made this choice.

Pros:

Salesforce is extremely easy to use with rich features and functionality. There is a huge marketplace out there with third-party apps which will help you with your business needs with strong integration capabilities. It's an excellent case management tool for our support team and everyone loves it. We've never heard of outages or major problems, and the software works consistently all the time.

Cons:

The cost appears to be on the higher side, they seem to be expensive even for minor requirements. Some configurations are complex and Bizapps take too long to implement changes. The Mobile version app is terrible and SF can do a lot better in this area.

Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box

Comments: We have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.

Pros:

Salesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.

Cons:

Salesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.

Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

New Business Owner Tool!

Comments: I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros:

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons:

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

Justine
Director in UK
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Good at first

Comments: We chose to move to a competitor after being a client for 7 years. Our reasons were based on poor communication and delivery in our region South Africa). The emphasis being on a really poor communication and implementation service experience over the period.

Pros:

At first it represented a really good customisable solution.

Cons:

Since its launch many more competitors have arrived. These competitors are offerring tailored solutions and proactive communication at far better prices. My feeling is Salesforce has fallen behind as a service and its pricing is no longer competitive. This is particularily noticable when you need to communicate with salesforce post implementation and you simply have a web interface rather than direct communication.

Travis
Field Engineer in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Good case management, but customizations are going to cost you

Comments: It's been reasonable. The service has tiered packages. This does not allow for certain items to be addressed without a higher tier of service.

Pros:

The case intake and knowledge base are the best parts of the service cloud.

Cons:

Salesforce's slogan is "clicks, not code" but to get anything that fits a brand that already exists, involves code. You can click through configuration s but customizations come at a price.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk, SugarCRM and Zendesk Suite

Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

Ideal CRM for efficient operations

Comments: Email integration, access to leads and customer information, sales functions, data on clients, ability to review sales data, generation of leads, customization, organization

Pros:

Perhaps my favorite aspect of Salesforce is the ability to use email within the software. This integration is key for interaction with both my servicemen and clients. I also really enjoy how many features Salesforce offers. The software is competitively priced and is packed with feautures that I'm still continuing to use. Salesforce is also great in that I use it as a cloud-based software. This helps eliminate the need for extra storage on my system. Overall, Salesforce has a nice layout as well.

Cons:

Although Salesforce is an incredible piece of software and many features, it can seem as though there are too many features at times. Personally, it is difficult to continue to learn these new features and make sure I'm up-to-date with everything. I know there is definitely more functionality within Salesforce than what I'm currently using, but it can be quite daunting to try and learn the full abilities of the system. I wish that there was a some better training provided for using the software, as I've seen with some other software I've used.

Eman
Eman
Recruiting Coordinator in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

SalesForce is the best company database or CRM that lives on browsers!

Comments: If you are planning to create a database of candidates or any system or tool that you need to use in your office, try SalesForce and you will never go wrong!

Pros:

SalesForce is the best company tool that I have used so far, because you don't need to install it anymore. All you need to do is to put the url of SalesForce, and log in your credentials then presto you are now ready to work. With this, it helps you save time especially when you need to transfer computer stations or you are using your home laptop in working from home. SalesForce is also the best applicant tracking system so far that we have used in our company because it is easy to use, and no need for long trainings to teach you on how to use SalesForce platform because it is very self-explanatory and easy!

Cons:

What I least like about SalesForce is their incompetent customer service or technical support. They can't resolve downtimes, system errors, and queries via email or phone call in a snap. It takes more than 24 hours to create a resolution for a complicated problem.

Kirsten
SEO Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

A Great Software For Team Collaborations

Comments: Overall, I think Salesforce is great! It’s an amazing multi-purpose tool!

Pros:

It’s super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It’s always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It’s a great multi purpose tool.

Cons:

I honestly can’t think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I’m not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren’t involved, chattered, or following an account.

Sal
Sal
Senior Consultant in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best CRM tool available right now

Comments: The overall user experience depends greatly on how the system is set up from the beginning by architects and developers. For example, if there is a company merge, which Salesforce paradigm will the company use if both designs were efficient for the users?

Pros:

The Salesforce Sales Cloud product provides clear visibility to the status of sales revenue. I really enjoy the Chatter feature so I don't have to necessarily have to explain to another colleague where to find the account or opportunity. They also provide a Sandbox called Trailhead that allows anyone to learn how to best utilize the product for their business purposes.

Cons:

It is not a BI tool Software. When you look at the reporting features available, it does not have the ability to manipulate data like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Qlik products.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Terrible for support

Comments: Extremely negative from a support perspective.

Pros:

They have good reporting tools for management. It’s easy to create views and charts.

Cons:

Sluggish, ugly interface, poor integration, difficult to customize.

Jordan
Customer Relations Manager in US
Medical Devices, 51–200 Employees

Salesforce Service Cloud Review

Comments: Salesforce service cloud is a must have tool in our business of customer service & support. This software is key in providing a seamless process from beginning to end of a service order request.

Pros:

This software allows us to provide customer service tracking from initial call all the way to completion of services. I like that it is easy to navigate, user friendly, and a strong database for all of our service information.

Cons:

Integration with existing software was a challenge but Salesforce support was instrumental in helping us to merge our data and build a system tailored to our service needs.

Bob
Proposal Writer in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Salesforce for B2B Sales

Pros:

Salesforce helps streamline the sales process for B2B sales. The ability to document the communication history with the prospect gives us valuable insight without having to rely on email. Along with that, we can keep track the RFP process, upload old RFPs, or anything relevant to the prospect on one platform. Having all the information on one platform is highly valuable, as it keeps us away from relying on old emails.

Cons:

Salesforce as a base platform is a good tool, but to really take advantage of its features, you will need someone else with in-depth knowledge to make it a great tool. Someone will have to add a whole new skill-set or you're going to have to hire someone.

Katherine
Customer Service Specialist in
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Short learning curve, good basic service

Comments: Overall, it's a great program for managing all of the emails and social media requests from customers (except instagram).

Pros:

The user interface is attractive and easy-to-navigate making on-boarding new customer service reps easier. Also (unlimited?) macros make it easier to answer frequent questions/comments in minimal time. They can even be answered in mass. With labels, you can track types of comments and concerns. The program also integrates with LiveChat, however, the execution is cumbersome.

Cons:

When there are technical issues, they are large technical issues. In the few months that I have used the program, I have experienced issues with facebook messages from the last 3 years suddenly reappearing in my inbox. This has happened twice. I've also experienced where the program stopped sending or receiving messages. There is a daily (or hourly depending on setup) desk event notification. However, it does not have any useful or actionable information. Also, I've called Customer Support a few times when I could not find an answer to a problem. Each time they asked me to go search for the problem in their help articles. That's not very helpful. I like the reporting function so I can get a view of how busy the group is. However, I wish there was a way to compare the metrics to others. In other words, it gives me a lot of data but it's not easy to turn that into information.

Abhishek
Abhishek
Associate Consultant in India
Market Research, 51–200 Employees

Perfect platform for multiple services!

Comments: So far, very happy with this software. It has been very useful in customer relationship management.

Pros:

The best part of this platform is that it can be used for multiple services, whether it is critical case management, customer service or field service. Its smooth interface has helped us in resolving multiple cases and building a strong relationship with our customers.

Cons:

It is very expensive and its integration with other software can be a bit complex at times.