No more Post-it notes!!

Naina P.
Client Manager
Accounting, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a medium sized Chartered Accountants practice with 16 staff members, we find Droptask invaluable! The possibilities are endless with this task management tool. We can keep track of various deadlines and be able to mark them off as completed and with the great function of being able to repeat the tasks weekly/monthly/yearly we never have to start all over again. With three senior partners in the practice, we are able to manage clients accounts efficiently within the projects for each partner We have various projects set up as follows: - VAT - client returns are categorised into quarters that they are due.
- Accounts - year end accounts are categorised to each senior partner with sub-categories of work-in-progress and jobs to be started.
- CIS - clients for whom we prepare CIS returns and filing deadlines
- P11D's
- Accounting Records - our receptionist is able to track books and records that are brought into our office and when they are returned to the client.

Pros: Great to use as a simple task list as we can list the various types of jobs into projects.
Aesthetically pleasing and easy to understand.
Being able to add comments to tasks and attach files.
Great for reminders for tasks due.
Projects can be shared or kept private.
Completed projects/tasks are archived for reference.
Can communicate between team members within the projects.
Great for tasks that repeat weekly/monthly/yearly.
Assigning tasks to various members of staff and being able to see who is doing what.

Cons: Would like to see summary of completed projects without having to scroll past blank days.
Would like to see the whole monthly calendar on the screen rather than day by day.
Would be great to be able to print individual categories within a project.

Now my go-to task manager

Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Managing Director Healthcare Investment Banking
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: DropTask has helped my group track our many to dos efficiently and allows the whole team to know what needs to be done next and who needs to do it.

Pros: This review refers to the paid version. I bought a 1-year subscription to the pro service when they offered iMindmap 11 for free. This is a great value. I tried the software and was pleasantly surprised with the extent of training videos available. I was up and running in 10 minutes, although 2 weeks later I am still learning functionality as I increase my integration of the software into my daily routine. The graphical nature and simplicity of the software are helpful to me as I don't think in list mode. For those who do, there are multiple ways to view tasks and progress including more traditional list formats. The program integrates with iMindmap as well which is a plus for me, but unless you are a mindmapper, this feature will be unimportant to you. DropTask also has a web-based, PC, Android and Mac apps, however I find the iPad version easier to work with. The connectivity and team communication features work well and my 3 employees and I can easily collaborate, update progress and see where things are in real-time. I have purchased 3 other to do list apps and have also used a number of freebies, DropTask is what I use now and I have removed the others from my Apple devices. While I originally purchased the plan for the free iMindmap software, I have adopted DropTask and now use it constantly.

Cons: I like to view my tasks with the circle format and I find it a bit hard to see things on my iPhone X. It looks fine on my iPad and beautiful on my iPad pro. That said, I always have my phone with me, not my iPads. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the visual format or if it could be improved.

by OpenGenius on 04/12/2018

Thank you for the review!

We would love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in the Financial Services and why DropTask has become your go-to task management app.

To learn more about becoming a DropTask Case Study, please drop us an email at [email protected] for more information.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The DropTask Team.

DropTask beautifully scales up.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Business Analyst Expert
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Because DropTask is web-based, I use it both at home for personal tasks, and at the office to manage my own work. My company uses Outlook 2010, but I don't enjoy the task list there. My function is business analyst. When I write user stories, I organize them in the Canvas view in DropTask. This is for my eyes only; no colleague is invited since this is not an office tool.

Pros: DropTask is versatile: you can use it as a simple task list, as a collaborative system, even as an agile tool... Most of the time, I find what I need just by looking where it seems to make sense - and there it is. The interface is beautiful and well thought through. My company uses Jira to manage workflows. It's great, but heavyweight. I could imagine small companies or teams using DropTask.

Cons: I don't know what happens to the files I attach to a task. Are they ever deleted? Are they kept somewhere? I am reluctant to attach files because I don't see DropTask as a safe storage place. I wish there was a way to attach files through DropTask to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, on another dedicated service.

by OpenGenius on 30/10/2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I just wanted to make you aware that if you upload a file to DropTask, the file is stored securely in Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. The only people who have access to the file are the people who have access to the task that the file is attached to. Once the file is deleted from the task or the task is deleted, the file will be permanently deleted from Amazon's S3 cloud storage service.

If there's anything else that you're unsure on, please feel free to drop us a message at [email protected], where out customer support team will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. :-)

Many thanks,

Great Task Management - Compared to various other options

Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Lloyd P.
Director of Operations
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: DropTask is great. I have been looking for task management software that suits all the needs of our small team for some time and this is the one. I have truly compared a lot of the available options and many lack some of the most simple but useful functonality that droptask provides. My only wish is the same with all software companies. That they continuously develop with the same enthusiasm and efficiency in which they first created the software. All software can be continuously improved and continued investment on improvements is what stands out and keeps a company present and clients signing up, giving a good reputation and sticking with it.

Pros: - It's great to have a free option that isn't super limited. It's totally useable and as our small team comes to use it more we will upgrade.
- Offline syncing and multi-platform (windows/mac/ios/android). This was one of the most important things for me. Requiring a connection all the time makes things difficult in many locations around the world and this is something the competition doesn't have.
- Ease of use. I wanted something my boss (70 years old) could understand that is also practical for our team of of younger IT orientated people.

Cons: - A very simple clock on - clock off time tracker would make this even more efficient for workers / particularly free lancers. Sure we can use another app, but there's an app for everything nowadays, so nice to have basic needs in one place. - Recurring Tasks. Amazed all task management software seems to have nothing for recurring tasks. Something just to check off that it's been done this week, and needs to be done again next week, rather than having to click complete and then recreate the task, or mark as incomplete again. - Undo button. All developers who implement an undo button deserve a cookie. All who don't deserve a smack on the butt! - Not something I like least, but something that would be awesome. Integration with AI assistants...Cortana, Siri, Google etc. would be amazing.

If I could design task management software, it would be Droptask

Reviewed on 16/09/2018
Katie A.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I really love DropTask. I use it to manage the epic backlog of personal projects that I have. I have many more ideas of things I'd like to do than time to do them. My DropTask canvas is a giant map of categories, everything from sewing projects to woodworking projects to coding projects to appointments I need to schedule to chores I need to do. It works so much better for me than card or ticket-based project management like I use at work, or just mere checklists for organizing all of those thoughts and plans.

Pros: The thing I like most is the way everything is laid out visually. I can create categories and categories-within-categories and drag tasks around. It's not like a checklist app where you have to retype something in a different checklist, or your only organization method is columns of cards. It mimics being able to write things out in different categories in my sketchbook, except it's better, because instead of crossing something out and rewriting it in a new list, I can just grab it and move it.

Cons: There are some tasks that I actually do like to have checklist-style, where all steps are instantly visible. It would kind of mess with the circular format for tasks, but I wish you could turn on an option to show a task's checklist from the canvas. I also wish you could choose a category that would be the default that DropTask would zoom in to when you start.

by OpenGenius on 24/10/2018

Hi Katie,

First of all, thank you for the extensive and detailed review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying using DropTask, especially the Canvas and the way you're using the app to organize your thoughts and ideas.

Would you be interested in telling us more about how you're using DropTask? We'd love to chat more about your DropTask experience. If you're interested in sharing more and becoming a Case Study, please drop us an email at [email protected] for more information on how to get involved.

Kind Regards,

Project Management Getting Yourself Organised Made Simple With Drop Task

Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Noel H.
Key Account Manager
Food Production, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Once in a lifetime, you come across a piece of software, that once you start using, you wonder how you managed without it, and Drop Task is it! Daily email reminders/to do's delivered to your email keep you on track and other people involved in the project are prompted to fulfil and meet their input, ensuring the project is always on course.

Pros: Drop Task after watching some excellent easy to understand tutorials is not only easy to use but works better than many other expensive projects management systems costing many times more with a lengthy learning curve. Drop Task is great for getting you organised as an individual, both personal and business but incredible in involving all those who play a part in the overall project.

Cons: Don't dive in without going through the easy to follow tutorials as they will allow you to set up from the outset the best fit for your planned outcome. Personally I use Drop Task with iMindmap software and it's an unbelievable combination, but that's personal choice.

Great for organizing tasks

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Eric H.
Director, Partner Success
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: DropTask has genuinely saved me time, and it's not an app I'd ever want to go without.

Pros: DropTask has been a great tool to keep tasks within complex projects organized and moving forward. It integrates with Smartsheet and Google, so ties into other apps that I'm already using.

Cons: I think DropTask could do with more video supports. They have a nice written support section, but video tutorials would be more helpful.

by OpenGenius on 26/10/2018

Hi Eric, thank you for the great review. We're happy to hear that DropTask has saved you time and helped to organize your tasks.

We'd love to feature your review in our marketing materials. If you're interested in getting involved and us sharing your review with other DropTask users, please get in touch at [email protected] for more information.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, Rowanne

I love DropTask

Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Helen A.
Director: Making Places, Changing Lives
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It gives me a birds eye view of all of the things I need to pay attention to, and helps me focus in on them when I need to. I can collaborate and see where tasks are, and get things done.

Pros: There's so many features to like - it is visual and can be made to look just how I want, and I love the new planner which helps me nail down my priorities.

Cons: Adding a document to a task is a bit clunky, I'd rather go to the linked file in its native app or on my computer than bring it into DropTask. I would also like the task sidebar to have more space, as the boxes for writing updates here are quite small and you have to scroll a long way down. Perhaps an update would offer the opportunity to open up the task sidebar into a full screen view?

Super flexible task management

Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Dance Artist & Dance Teacher
Performing Arts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work for a wide range if client groups and in a range of settings. DropTask is the only project manager I have tried so far that enables me to track all of my projects effectively because of it’s flexibility. Most other trackers seem to confine you to only one or two views.

Pros: I love the flexibility that allows users to track project tasks in the way thsy suits them. Kanban style/calendar Style/priority style/the most visual task board style was what originally drew me to DropTask because I like to have an overview before I drill down. I use most of the view options at some point.

Cons: On smartphone I find that entering data can be fiddly so I do most of my inputting on iPad or Desktop.

I use it every day...

Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Dance Artist & Dance Teacher
Performing Arts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: my overall experience using DropTask is very positive and I like the fact that you can integrate it with a range of calendar apps and Evernote. The developers are excellent at working proactively with clients and listen to users views continually. My queries have always been responded to very quickly.

Pros: I like the flexibility because you can use it Kanban style, priorities style or the visual bubbles make it clear which actions fit to which project. You can also maintain several projects at the same time.
I especially like the new planner view which I use on a daily basis to identify what I want to achieve TODAY.

Cons: Sometimes adding start and finish dates can be a bit awkward.

Droptask could be brilliant

Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Tracie P.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Had to stop using as the circles prevented tasks from being described usefully, which is a shame as the program is superb

Pros: Love the ability to move tasks around a canvas, I find the concept of this absolutely brilliant and this feature alone would make me convert to Droptask completely and never look at another task management tool again but.....

Cons: The circles... I'm sorry Droptask but as much as they are great to look at, they are a nightmare to work with. You simply cannot fit enough words on to make a task recognisable. I signed up for 3 years because I really wanted to use Droptask but I have had to stop using as my team said they spent far too much time clicking on every task to find out what needed doing If you just added the option to have rectangles instead of circles I genuinely think I would send you cake.

by OpenGenius on 30/10/2018

Hi Tracie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you're not already aware, you're able to switch to views such as Workflow, Planner or Urgency Lists where your tasks will be displayed as rectangle tasks. We're always looking for ways to improve the Canvas and circles in DropTask, so I will pass your feedback on to the rest of the team.

Thanks again for the review.

Kind Regards,
Rowanne

Droptask is for seeing the big picture and the details.

Reviewed on 12/10/2018
John H.
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have so many projects. I feel I have the details of each project under control which is a good feeling.

Pros: The different views help you to visualize your tasks in creative ways. I like the "Workflow" view best with the Kanban style. And the new "MyPlanner" view is perfectly done. Also the details you can add to a task are completely thought through. It provides everything from notes, to lists, to reminders, to due dates, and more. And assigning tasks to team members is done right. I know about any updates and changes immediately as well as assigning tasks is easy.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about DropTask is how you close a task after putting in the details like putting in a note, etc.

DropTask is an Incredible Value

Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall this software has improved my workflow and I couldn't be happier because the price is very affordable as opposed to some of the other programs I've tried. Its also very intuitive to use which I think is most important!

Pros: Its really easy to use, I was able to use the software on all of my devices within the first day without any issues. I also invited various people to collaborate on projects and none of them had any issues navigating or utilizing the functions of the program.

Cons: So far the only thing I've experienced that I would improve would be larger file size upload when adding attachments into the discussion section / projection sections. I think that would help speed up work flow even more, right now it maxes out around 20mb in file size, so then I have to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox separately. That takes extra steps. Overall this is a fantastic product and I'm really happy thats the only thing if I'm being nit-picky.

by OpenGenius on 03/12/2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! We'd love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in your field of Design. If you're interested in becoming one of our Case Studies, please drop us an email at [email protected] for more information on how to get involved.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Essential Accountability Tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Managing Director
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Accountability is a massive issue for all businesses. DropTask has been an easy and cheap solution to roll out across many different businesses and user types. It has improved our completion rate of tasks and greatly assisted in team buy-in and engagement.

Pros: Droptask is so simple to use that it requires little to no training.
The various visual representations of projects allows people to see their tasks in a format that works for them.

Cons: Very happy with the product. Sometimes lose myself when scrolling in canvas layout.

Droptask

Reviewed on 13/10/2018
Julie D.
Senior land service office
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use droptask to track jobs in both work and home, and use the canvas view for original brainstorming

Pros: I really like the ability to choose the way in which information can be presented, and the new layout with rectangular task shapes.

Cons: Cost of a yearly business subscription if you are not using it as part of a team. It would be nice if category headings in the workflow view were not automatically sorted alphabetically and you could choose what was at the top of each list.

To Do or Not To DO

Reviewed on 21/11/2018
George H.
UK and Northern Europe Sales Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I search and used many to do lists; Google Tasks, ToDoist, apps for Google Tasks, etc. They all just fall short. On the nicer ones, they are great but you have to pay a business subscription to get simple functions like recurring, this is available as standard in DropTask. I use it continuously throughout the day. I have projects for work and for home, I have never been so organised.

Pros: I like that you have have different layouts. As I am old fashioned, I have asked them to activate an old feature, the Calendar View, just so I can see task in a date order. The recurring tasks work so well. I have tasks that repeat daily, every work day, every three working days, monthly and annually - it just works even in the free version.

Cons: Some tasks mean I have to go to an online resource. Other To Do management tools allows me to click on the link and take me to that resource. Although I have the link in the subject line. I have to go into the subject and copy and paste it in the browser. If you could support links in the subject link, it would make it a lot easier. It would be nice to hide tasks that are not due for one month on the Project View, just to remove the clutter.

Easy and complete

Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Sales Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use it practically from the first simple and beautiful version only canvas. I was a strong user for personal use. Lately it is becoming increasingly a tool for companies, focused on collaboration and sharing. But for my personal use it's getting more and more cumbersome and I think I'll abandon it soon, and I'll twist to good old mind maps

Pros: The canvas view derived from the mind maps

Cons: With all the new features it's becoming less visual and more cumbersome. After 2 years of use I'm getting disattached

Great for organizing long term tasks and projects

Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Home User
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use DropTask to organize tasks and projects, such as the ongoing home improvement project, an upcoming vacation, and other random things that need organization. I really enjoy having a web based place to find all of the things I need, and having the ability to assign things to other people really helps to keep things moving.

Pros: Visual, drag and drop, and being able to use it on mobile devices allows me to view my tasks when I'm out and about. This makes it easy for me to remember things I need to grab when I'm out, or to organize my thoughts or add things on the go. Being able to log into DropTask from anywhere means that I can do what I need to do, when I need to do it.

Cons: On the web browser, which is where I primarily use the product, the graphics are pretty big. That's generally a good thing, but I would really like the ability to create a simple list, that's small - one time per line, perhaps with a checkbox. I would also like the ability to "dumb down" the interface when I want to see more information at once - I want to shrink the width of the columns and I want to have smaller text that I can drag and drop with a mouse.

Droptask is an Awesome Way to Visually Manage My Projects and Team

Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Co-Founder / Creative Director
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm very happy with the product price and functionality, as well as the apps on my ios devices.

Pros: Great visual layout which helps me keep track of everything in my creative company. Like the different view type recently added under my planner section to focus on Now, Soon and Later tasks.

Cons: It's a bit difficult to see the completed tasks and I would like to see a notes section where teams can add their notes from conference calls with clients and among team members. We have to use other apps for these two features which are not easily accessible on Droptask yet.

Just what I've been looking for

Reviewed on 28/09/2018
The Face
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use, range of views, well thought out stuff in the tasks like check lists, reminders and due dates, priority and importance. Task management is all about weighting what needs to be done so that the list you need to get on with now can be manageable and this is the first software I've found that suits my needs. Of course the catch the eye bit is the canvas view but even without that excellent feature this would be the best task management software around.

Cons: There are still some issues to iron out but I can see from the blogs that Drop Task is listening to its users and improving all the time. I've talked through my concerns with the Customer Service Manager and I believe they will actually do something based on my issues. These are that the list news take up too much screen space, you can't edit or perform actions on multiple tasks, navigating between the views take a few too many clicks and assigning the tasks to categories could be a bit smoother. These are niggles but for me not fundamental problems.

Extremely Simple and Powerful Task Management Tool

Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Jav G.
Managing Director
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used this for many years across many businesses and different roles. Would definitely recommend DropTask to anyone looking for a simple to use task management app.

Pros: The visual interface makes this a simple tool to work with.

Cons: I still like to print out my daily task list. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do this in Droptask, you need to export your entire list by project.

Drop task is the best organization tool!

Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Kalpana V.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love droptask as it gives me a good overview of my day and plan for the future. Never had any app do this before with ease. Everyday i wake up looking at droptask and end my day by planning for next day. Keep adding new features! Thank you for an excellent app!

Pros: Organizing one's time is a key success to business. I have searched and used plenty of tools before but drop task is so far the best due to its ability to show me the calendar, plan for my day and also the ease of use to add new tasks.

Cons: My only wish that it integrated with my calendar .

My experience with Droptask

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Tutor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The visual aspect of droptask is useful for me, I can see at a glance how tasks relate to each other. The new planner view has increased my usage because I can work out what I need to work on and I can only put dates where they are really necessary.

Cons: I generate a lot of tasks from imindmap, this can cause an issue because I have to process the notifications one at a time and what's worse the dialogue disappears after every one so the notification has to be opened again.

Love Drop Task

Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Evan B.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love this product and would absolutely suggest it for other business owners.

Pros: I love the ease of use of working with drop task. I keep all of my open tasks and bring ups on drop task and have it as part of my daily routine.

Cons: I have some fairly large canvases that I work in- with multiple circles etc. When I add or complete a task, the circles move and re-shuffle automatically. I find that annoying because then I need to pan out to find where I was on the page.

I like it and it can be better

Reviewed on 20/04/2019
Personal Ridesharing driver
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The visibility and function I can use on it, such as urgency, deadline.

Cons: Inability to modify multiple tasks at once
the tasks move too far away from where they originally are and this makes it harder to look for them later
the task motion is slower as my task numbers increase