15 years helping British businesses

About NetSuite

NetSuite, the world’s #1 cloud ERP, provides the visibility and control needed to make smart decisions, fast, and grow with confidence.

Learn more about NetSuite

Pros:

Netsuite is fairly intuitive for being such a complex system. I also really love the Sandbox capability.

Cons:

We also had some questionable customer service with our initial rep at one point (in regards to scheduling/cancelling appointments on us).

NetSuite ratings

3.8
3.7
4.1
3.8

7.5/10

NetSuite has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 1,480 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NetSuite before?

Filter reviews (1,480)

Tracy
Tracy
NetSuite Administrator in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

NetSuite in a Nutshell

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with NetSuite has been positive. I find it to be a robust, user friendly ERP that allows for customization with powerful tools built in as well as many third party integrations and apps available.

Pros:

I can honestly say that what I like the most about NetSuite is the ability to customize it to my needs. It works great out of the box, but as time change and department need information in various formats, NetSuite allows me the ability to create custom form, field, and records that I can tailor to directly meet my internal customer demands.

Cons:

There is not too much that I do not like about NetSuite. I would have to say that I wish some of the default pages, such as Invoice or Order Approval, provided me a route to customize them.

Jonathan
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Solid product, easy customization

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Netsuite is a robust ERP system, but is easily customized to fit your businesses needs.

Cons:

Our fees increased year after year as our discount eroded.

Alternatives Considered: Sage 300cloud, Dynamics 365, Oracle Aconex and SAP Concur

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Needed a robust system with inventory capabilities and GL slicing beyond the GL code (area, asset, etc)

Switched From: QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Pricing, customization, upgrade capabilities

Cathy
Cathy
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

I miss my QuickBooks Enterprise software.

2.0 last month New

Comments: I'm a CPA and CFO with over 40 years of experience. I've used many different software products throughout my career, and have led several different software conversions. This has definitely been the worst experience in my career. The English of the whole implementation team was horrible. It was extremely difficult to understand them, and their written communication wasn't much better. The fact that they were located on the other side of the globe also made them relatively inaccessible. Since this was a financial accounting system setup, the biggest insult of all was the fact that no one on the NetSuite team knew anything about American accounting processes. As a result, they were totally worthless when it came to providing any insight into how to setup NetSuite for it to work smoothly for an American service company. This was by far, the WORST software implementation process I have ever gone through.

Pros:

We're a group of American companies with common ownership, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and a few hundred employees. We thought this would be the best long-term option for connecting our third-party software needs, and coordinating our multiple companies efficiently. In hind-sight, I think NetSuite is better suited to a multi-national company much larger than us.

Cons:

Communication was extremely poor. What is sold vs what is provided is very different. They compartmentalize everything so much, that they bleed you dry for money.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Cathy. We take our customer feedback very seriously as we strive to improve every aspect of your experience. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly and/or email me at [email protected] so we can connect directly with you on feedback.

merance
President in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Look out for high price increases at renewals

Comments: They are as bad as used car salesmen. Very little after purchase support unless you want to pay big money in support fees. Always trying to upsell you overpriced services you don't need or should be covered by your over priced annual contract. For example, you can report a system bug that is definitely THEIR problem, and the first thing they want to do is charge you money to look at it. System has gotten buggier the last few years after upgrades. Reporting is really bad. For a retail business, they don't even have a standard inventory aging report. You can't do exchanges. If you print barcode labels, you will have to pay extra for an add on app with another company to bulk print labels from receivings etc. Search function for items stinks. You need to use wild cards, the results are hard to narrow down, many fields aren't searchable at all (like vendor MPN) . If you have just a few products and a small amount of inventory it is fine, but if you have a lot of SKU's, it stinks.

Pros:

I like that the software connects to all our systems - amazon/website/ebay. I like having one system for everything - accounting/inventory management. The system is also very forgiving - any mistakes are easily corrected. I love the flexibility of adding fields to items and customizing needs for business.

Cons:

After the initial 3 years with the company where the annual software increases were about 5%, now that we are on year 5, the increase will be 20 to 30% annually hereafter. At this rate, the software will be unaffordable in a few years. Beware of this because it is a big undertaking switching ERP systems and when there is no cap on the fees they can change when you renew, you could find yourself unable to pay for the system and forced to look elsewhere. If you sign up, i would ask for a maximum cap of 5% per year for software increases.

Crystal
Trainer and Quality in US
Medical Devices, 51–200 Employees

Semi-sweet

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: This would not be my first or second choice for a CRM.

Pros:

NetSuite is great for inventory management and accounting functions.

Cons:

I do not like it as a CRM system. The global search is limited. It doesn’t function like one would envision a global search to function. It can be really difficult to find customers or information. Creating searches also requires a level of knowledge that is not “basic” for the system.

2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Crystal! If you haven’t already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Pragnesh
Marketing Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

NetSuite as ERM (Enterprise Resource Management)

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Great ERM tool to manage resources effective and use same language when talking to different teams internally. We are glad to use this tool because for example it was not possible to track expenses and related them to a particular customer with NetSuite.

Pros:

Finally a product that rivals Salesforce. Competitive pricing and easier to rollout. Many features help us track different stages of a project when in development and going through production.

Cons:

Training time - it takes a while to coach employees as this is new tool with limited install base and knowledge.

2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Pragnesh! If you haven’t already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Jose
CTO in US
Medical Devices, 51–200 Employees

Good money for value product

Pros:

lots of customizable options and pretty easy to navigate and use and pretty flexible

Cons:

had to build a lot from scratch and had to train developers on how we want it.

Alternatives Considered: Infor CloudSuite PLM for Process (Optiva) and Epicor Industry ERP Cloud

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: was the most appropriate considering our business needs

joyce
Finance Planning and Analysis Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Old Fashioned But Works

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it's a great tool for small to medium sized late stage startups.

Pros:

-allows users to view details of transactions -different sort and filter functions for reporting and a one-click download to excel -ability to connect and integrate with financial reporting softwares

Cons:

- old fashioned looking dashboard and portal - too many different roles exist within the system and makes it very difficult to manage which access to give out in order for certain users to view specific items (i.e. credit card transactions, or billing schedules)

2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Joyce! If you haven’t already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

August
Engineering Assistant in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Just Okay....

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Available to log in anywhere with internet access.

Cons:

Difficult to track items and components for manufacturing. A lot of customization has to be done which can get confusing if team members are not well trained or communicated with.

2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, August. We take our customer feedback very seriously as we strive to improve every aspect of your experience. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly and/or email me at [email protected] so we can connect directly with you regarding your feedback.

Shavone
Vice President of Finance in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review of NS by SJS

Comments: Our current NS Instance is too customized; however, we are transitioning to another instance where we are trying to streamline processes.

Pros:

Ability to integrate with other systems.

Cons:

Way too many reports, some of the basic functionality that I expect to see is not inherent. Hard to report as too many filters. Hoping our new instance will make it better. Also, it is slow even in our new instance.

Adeoye
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Great Cloud Based System

Comments: It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros:

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons:

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Alternatives Considered: Sage Accounting

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: The old system was outdated and could not longer provide us with the things we needed.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: In Netsuite's pitch they just had more to offer. They met with us in person, showed us the product, and just made a better connection.

Mark
Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst in US
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

NetSuite Review

Comments: NetSuite has served as well as a full-feature ERP system. We can manage many aspects of our business all in one system including managing projects, recording timesheets, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, internal case support, CRM, and more. I feel that NetSuite is much easier to learn and more intuitive than other systems, but it still requires time to set the system up for a company's individual needs. NetSuite is set up for wide-ranging customizations, but in many cases these customizations are necessary to get the full benefit of the program. Our time investments in NetSuite have paid off, but the program definitely requires a lot of love to adapt to the changing needs of the business.

Pros:

I really like the user-friendly appearance of NetSuite, especially compared to other older systems. I think the appearance makes NetSuite inviting and accessible. In general, the program is easy to learn, and NetSuite does multiple updates every year to add to the features.

Cons:

There are times where it feels like features are inexplicably absent from NetSuite. Users have the ability to submit enhancement requests, but it can take years before these are implemented. Additionally, tech support can be hit and miss on providing effective solutions to problems.

Seth
Sr. Dir. Operations & Logistics in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Good ERP for Medium-sized Businesses

Comments: Our company switched to NetSuite from using QuickBooks for years. NetSuite is a much more robust software, and what drew us to it was the reporting capability. So far, after 18 months using the product, it's been a challenge to extract the reporting we were sold on. It seems like a classic disconnect between the sales rep and the technical team and/or actual execution. Or, maybe our expectations were just too high.

Pros:

NetSuite keeps track of our accounting activity well. As NetSuite will tell you, they were built with Finance as their first priority. The software is a single source of truth for the majority of our business activity.

Cons:

There's a steep learning curve for getting the most out of the software, specifically around reporting. And there is literally no support from the NetSuite team unless you pay big quarterly fees for their Advanced Customer Support on top of the regular software costs. It seems like the NetSuite team would want you to be equipped to properly use the full functionality of the software, but they don't seem incentivized to proactively educate and/or support their clients. This is not to say competitors will do any better. In fact, I believe NetSuite offers the most value as an ERP to medium-sized businesses.

Alternatives Considered: Cleo and Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: We out grew QuickBooks and NetSuite allowed us to automate some of our accounting functionality.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Bigger ecosystem. More value for the money spent.

last year

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Seth. We take our customer feedback very seriously as we strive to improve every aspect of your experience. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly and/or email me at [email protected] so we can connect directly with you regarding your feedback.

Charles
VP of Finance in US
Accounting, 201–500 Employees

Limited QuickBooks Journey to Robust NetSuite

Pros:

We have investments in various business arenas (Hospitality, Restaurant, Aviation, Real Estate, Ranches, Home office) and some are intercompany, others are not, but require combined statements. NetSuite allows us to set up the subsidiaries with the proper rollups and consolidation/eliminations, while providing the drilldown process to reconcile any differences, if needed. Moving to NetSuite enabled us to enhance the previous business processes and create process efficiencies/ financial transparencies.

Cons:

Integration with the previous business processes was difficult, not due to NetSuite, but the lack of standardization/harmonization of data management, Chart of accounts. i have a short list of issues that have been brought to my attention from the users, but these result from the fact we look at 130 plus subsidiaries in one report and the first column with the GL account reference does not freeze, like in an Excel worksheet (solution = download data into a worksheet).

Alternatives Considered: Sage Intacct and SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: needed to have a system that would allow a full consolidation/elimination financial and the process to do this with Quickbooks was an excel worksheet with 130 plus financials, not very efficient.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Cost and capabilities of NetSuite

last year

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Charles! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Matthew
Director, Finance in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great for a complex business

Comments: Overall, it has been very positive. I have used Netsuite in each of my last two roles, in very different environments and it has worked well for both.

Pros:

What I like most about Netsuite is that it can do just about anything and integrate with anyone. Because it can handle both financial and non-financial information it really can be your single source of truth.

Cons:

It is huge, with many different modules. Because of that it can be a bear to implement and requires a lot of ongoing maintenance

Alternatives Considered: Sage 300cloud and Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: I needed a solution more robust to control inventory for a national retail chain.

Switched From: Xero

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: I felt it offered the most value in one package.

10 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Matthew! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Audrey
Audrey
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Superior long-term planning and control tool

Comments: With NetSuite, all of your information is in one place, making it easy to look for a new job. NetSuite will notify all employees of new business demands on a regular basis. Supplier-worker communication will be boosted by NetSuite, leading to fewer disruptions in the supply chain.

Pros:

With NetSuite, we are able to effectively manage both day-to-day operations and the planning of project resources. It's easy to pick up and use, flexible enough to work in any circumstance, and facilitates precise, real-time communication amongst team members.

Cons:

After some practice, using NetSuite is straightforward. Once you're familiar with how everything in NetSuite fits together, it's a breeze to use. However, it occasionally requires technical assistance, which might disrupt your operations, just like other Oracle systems. Truth be said, I quickly become weary of the current interface's barebones simplicity.

9 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Audrey! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Kylie
Financial Controller in Australia
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

New User of NetSuite

Comments: Our business has had a very positive experience with the implementation of NetSuite. One of the Finance Teams main KPI's is to be able to deliver month end board pack with in 5 business days which we are now able to consistently achieve.

Pros:

NetSuite is a very easy program to use, the work flow is very intuitive and we have been able to integrate it to other systems we have already had in place. The amount and variety of training offered to us pre and post go live is beyond any platform I have used in the past. I believe there is great benefit in the focus on best practice and not customising every aspect of the software. We used the NetSuite team for our implementation and Sen and the team were excellent to deal with. They listened to our concerns and came up with solutions. By encouraging us to learn how to use the system ad how to use the learning resource available we are able to make small improvements and changes to our system with out having to engage a consultant, saving our business time and money.

Cons:

NetSuite comes with a wide variety of module addons. There is not a clear map of what these are. If we were more aware of these we could have added additional modules at implementation.

Alternatives Considered: BlackLine, SYSPRO, SAP Business One and Xero

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Tencia was a desktop platform with limited features. It was difficult to trace transactions and have confidence in the data output.

Switched From: Tencia

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Other companies just quoted us a standard fee with out getting to know and understand out business. NetSuite Sales team first got to know our business and tailed a solution around what we did and what we wanted the product to do. We then felt the proposal they put together had true value. The sales team was very informative on the implementation process and the volume of hours that would be require by our team to facilitate a smooth go live process.

7 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Kylie! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great System that helps with professional and business growth.

Comments: Overall it is a great system and can be configured to our business needs. We do have a consultant who we work with weekly to help us with this things because it is not easy to create a lot of these customizations on our own. I would love the ability to create reports and saved searches without a consultants help.

Pros:

I like that Netsuite has so many fuctions to customzie to your business needs. I like that Netsutie integrates with many outside apps or tools for better interface. It provides room for various stages of growth for a company. I like that Netsuite also provies opportunities for professional growth and networking.

Cons:

Implemenation was not the best. We needed more expertise on the products that made sense to our business. We are finding that our billing module is not the right fit and will have to implement a new billing module which will cost of more time and delay our growth we could have had from the beginning. Some of the functionalities that should be basic are still needed to be customized such as reports for AR, unbilled and deferred revenue.

Alternatives Considered: Sage Intacct

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: No inventory function and better billing options.

Switched From: QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Our parent company required the software to be registered for regulatory reasons with their country.

6 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Eric
Lead Software Engineer in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Everything you need for accounting.

Comments: Our accounting department was able to scale from QuickBooks to NetSuite but with a lot of training. Our development team has had to walk away many times just trying to get our applications to connect.

Pros:

NetSuite definitely has everything you need from an accounting system. You will need training and there is a steep learning curve, especially if you're upgrading from something like QuickBooks.

Cons:

As a developer I found integration challenging. There's a lot of permissions that you need to set for the user and if you're not an admin, you will find this tedious. I understand the need for various levels of security, but between tokens and keys and permissions, it's been a big headache. Once you are connected, you need to know the table relationships before you can begin writing code to exchange data.

5 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Eric! If you haven’t already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Arthur
Accounting Manager in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Extremely robust and customizable, yet archaic, poor interface, and too expensive.

Pros:

The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.

Cons:

Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.

Alternatives Considered: Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP, Sage Intacct and SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Inventory reporting and functionality. The desire to have all data in one system.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Netsuite was apparently a more established solution with a wide portifolio of integrations available. Pricing was in the lower range when compared to SAP or Dynamics 365. However, the costs are way above the initial quote. Be expected for sharp increases and relevant costs related to implementation, integration, and development. Definitely not for a small business with budgetary constraints.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

NetSuite - Great ERP for mid-size/private companies

Comments: NetSuite is great overall. We have reliable numbers and the ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis. We have been able to automate a lot of processes (expenses, amortization, sales tax) and the interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros:

NetSuite is scalable. I've used NetSuite at a company that was doing $200M+ in revenue and a company that is at $60M in revenue. I also really enjoy that NetSuite can be almost completely customized to your industry and business. NetSuite provides for a lot of automation of processes that Quickbooks cannot handle. It is also a better source of record-keeping as everything is somewhat seamlessly connected. The batch upload of journal entries/transactions and upload in general is extremely useful and saves so much time. My previous company used the Fixed Asset Module which was great for record keeping and for systematically recording amortization on a monthly basis. This was also extremely useful to ensure that our policy was uploaded as the amortization rule set, reducing errors in the amount of amortization per asset. The ability to report on the total assets and have their history in one spot proved useful for our audit. Currently, we are implementing rules for 606 and the multi-book and ARM add-ons have proven very useful for our reporting purposes. I really enjoy NetSuite's use of rules for transactions as they can vary from company to company and item sku to item sku. I love the saved search function too! So much flexibility for creating reports helps us create reports for month-end reconciliation purposes.

Cons:

SuiteAnswers has a terrible algorithm for their search bar. The system is also not as intuitive as others since the actual home screen itself is customized by role. We have also run into the need for an consultant/more technical administrator to provide working scripts for some of our reporting. People with NetSuite should not expect the system to do everything perfectly, sadly the call center is far less helpful than the US-based consultants at NetSuite. However, you can always escalate to your sales rep. Our solution is hosted and at times runs slower than I would prefer. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which we can click through multiple cells or post a large amount of journal entries.

Brett
Senior Accountant in US
Accounting, 201–500 Employees

Overrated and overpriced, not user friendly, raises price 10% each year

Comments: Just read above. This software is overpriced trash. I haven't heard good things about their competitors either, but I would rule out NetSuite if an implementation was tasked to me. I get frustrated with this software at least once a day, even after all these years. The lack of common sense and easy to implement things is everywhere in this software. The UI requires clicks through to many pages to accomplish a simple task. I cannot discourage companies enough not to choose NetSuite.

Pros:

It's in the cloud and there are a lot of third party integrations that facilitate its usage and remedy some shortcomings.

Cons:

This software is not easy to use. Creating a report or saved search takes an expert level knowledge to do and a lot of free time. Their how-tos and help guides are scattered and only show up non-relevant information. Access to a learning library requires purchasing licenses for each user at a cost of over 5 digits or more. First party add-on modules are NEVER fixed for bugs - things like sorting by name only sort the current page and not the entire population - report to NS and I hear crickets. DO NOT BUY FIRST PARTY MODULES - ONLY BUY THIRD PARTY MODULES THAT INTEGRATE WITH NETSUITE IF YOU MUST. Lastly, they will try to find a way to raise your price about 10% every year because they know the barriers to exit are too high.

Sekou Djibril
Fondateur Président de CSK in Guinea
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

NetSuite: Powerful but complex all-in-one business management software

Comments: NetSuite is a powerful and comprehensive all-in-one business management software that offers many benefits to businesses. With an integrated solution for managing all business functions, NetSuite provides real-time visibility into all business operations, enabling decision makers to make informed decisions based on accurate data. The software is also scalable and can adapt to current and future business needs.However, NetSuite's cost and complexity can be a drawback for small businesses, which may find the cost prohibitive and implementation difficult. Large enterprises may need additional resources to manage and customize NetSuite to suit their needs. Also, integration with other software can be difficult and require significant technical resources.Overall, NetSuite is a great choice for businesses that need a complete solution for business management and have the resources to set it up and customize. Companies should carefully assess their needs and budget before deciding to adopt NetSuite. However, once in place, NetSuite can provide real-time visibility, ease of use, and excellent customer support to help businesses succeed.

Pros:

Here are some of the highlights of NetSuite:Integration of all business management functions: NetSuite offers an integrated solution for managing all business functions, including accounting, inventory management, order management, human resources management, CRM, e-commerce and much more.Ease of Use: Despite its power, NetSuite is easy to use and navigate. Intuitive user interface and customizable dashboards help to work efficiently.Real-time visibility: NetSuite provides real-time visibility into all business operations, enabling decision makers to make informed decisions based on accurate data.Scalable: NetSuite can grow with your business. It can adapt to your current and future needs as your business grows.Customer Support: NetSuite offers excellent customer support. Their representatives are responsive, knowledgeable and available to answer questions and resolve issues quickly.In summary, NetSuite is a powerful and flexible all-in-one business management solution that offers real-time visibility, ease of use and excellent customer support.

Cons:

Despite the many advantages that NetSuite offers, there are also disadvantages to consider. Here are some of the disadvantages of NetSuite:Complexity: NetSuite can be difficult to set up and use for companies with no experience managing business management software. It can take a lot of time and resources to set up, which can be a drawback for small businesses.Cost: NetSuite is expensive software, and costs can vary depending on the number of users and the modules selected. Setup and training costs can also be high.Customization Limitations: Although NetSuite offers some customization, options may be limited for some businesses that have more specific needs.Integration with other software: Integrating NetSuite with other software can be difficult and require significant technical resources.Slow response time: NetSuite's response time can be slow, especially when running reports or accessing real-time data.In conclusion, NetSuite is powerful business management software, but it can be expensive, complex, and difficult to integrate with other software. Small businesses may find the cost and complexity prohibitive, while larger enterprises may need additional resources to manage and customize NetSuite to suit their needs.

Alternatives Considered: TaxDome and Tableau

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote and Trello

last year

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Sekou! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Gerardo
Team Leader in Spain
Retail, 11–50 Employees

A Flexible Solution for Inventory Management and Customization Needs

Comments: My overall experience with NetSuite was mixed. While it offers a range of powerful features and customization options, I encountered challenges with its speed, user-friendliness, and the need for extensive assistance. The learning curve was steep, and the system's slowness and navigation issues sometimes hindered productivity. However, with support and technical help, I was able to leverage NetSuite's capabilities effectively. Despite the drawbacks, it remains a comprehensive solution for business management needs.

Pros:

What I like most about NetSuite was how flexible and adaptable it is. You can customize it to fit your exact needs. It's like building with Lego blocks – you start with the basics and add on modules as your business grows. Also, being cloud-based, you can access it anytime, anywhere.

Cons:

What I didn't like about NetSuite is that it can be slow, not very user-friendly, and requires a lot of help. It takes time to learn how to use it effectively, especially for new users. The system's slowness can be frustrating and navigating through it can be confusing. You often need support and technical assistance to set it up and fix issues. These things make it difficult to use and might impact how much you can get done.

11 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Gerardo. We take our customer feedback very seriously as we strive to improve every aspect of your experience. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly and/or email me at [email protected] so we can connect directly with you on feedback.

Chad
Sporting Goods

Netsuite Suite Commerce Advanced - Financial Black Hole

Comments: We have been with Netsuite for almost 9 Years. It is time to make a change. We are an ecommerce business. About 18 months ago we made the change to their Suite Commerce Advanced platform. It has been devastating to our business. The platform is a stand alone platform that is patched together with a clunky and complicated integration to netsuites backend. The SEO is horrible, Site speeds are much slower than promised, Simple processes like installing tracking and conversion codes is complicated. Exporting information for product feeds is requires custom programming. Content Management is crap. Managing Matrix items with parent and child relationships is tricky with out dumping duplicate content all over the site. The worst part is that it does not get FREE bi annual upgrades like the rest of Netsuite. Or like the Sitebuilder version of netsuite ecommerce did. It is no longer the software as service that they boast about. Since it is its own platform you have to mange enhancements through Bundle Upgrades which are so dramatic they require a tremendous amount of labor expense to do them properly with out blowing up you existing site. They did do the first one for us for free but it took 3 months to get the site back to pre-upgrade functionality resulting another major hit to our sales volume. Now 6 months later there is another bundle upgrade and they have offered to migrate us to it for 45K. They said it would take 250 hours. at 180 per hour. This is just for an upgrade to the most recent version. So in 18 months our site would be rebuilt twice just to try and eliminate Netsuite Suitecommerce Advanced is financial black hole! If you are considering netsuite to run you ecommerce business then I would strongly encourage you go with just about any alternative.

Pros:

Netsuite ARP and CRM are excellent! Pick, Pack and Ship -Excellent Inventory Management -Excellent Customer Support in these areas are great.

Cons:

Suite Commerce Advance is horribly expensive. The platform is patched together with a clunky and complicated integration to netsuites backend. The SEO is horrible, Site speeds are much slower than promised, Slower than other platforms that are this expensive. Simple processes like installing tracking and conversion codes is complicated. Exporting information for product feeds is requires custom programming. Content Management is very complicated. Managing Matrix items with parent and child relationships is tricky with out dumping duplicate content all over the site. Overall for 13 user licenses you can expect spend about 50K a year. If you want ecommerce it is more expensive. Add at least 70k to get site developed and then be prepared to continue to flush money down the train to get it functional and to pay heavily for desperately needed upgrades every 6 months.