• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.8 /5
    4.3 /5

About Ontraport

Ontraport is an all-in-one platform designed to support business growth. All your features, functionality and power. All in one place.

Learn more about Ontraport

Matt J.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Daily user since 2014"

Comments: Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros: 1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand
2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive.
3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons: The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

by Ontraport on 25/03/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family.

We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Abel U.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth"

Comments: Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros: Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons: They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

by Ontraport on 03/12/2020

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Jan L.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Ontraport does it all"

Pros: I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support. The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons: Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

by Ontraport on 18/09/2020

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Steven L.
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues"

Comments: I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros: Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons: It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

by Ontraport on 25/03/2020

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality.

Here's one improvement we just recently released:
We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click.

We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Ksenia B.
HR manager
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive"

Comments: It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

Cons: Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

Hi Ksenia!

Glad you and your team are using and enjoying the software. We hear you about the page builder. Keep an eye out for updates, we are constantly making the UI and experience better.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2018
Julian V.
Web developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Ontraport is awesome!"

Comments: Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Pros: It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME!

Cons: To be honest. nothing. After trying mailchimp and mailerlite, Ontraport is way better!

by Ontraport on 03/12/2020

Hi Julian! Glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with the app and our support team. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. :)

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Sarah B.
Marketing & PR
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us"

Pros: -The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve.
-The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work.
-HTML editor for emails is available.
-Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons: -Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that kind of support.
-Nothing you do is saved automatically. If you're used to software with autosave (which I was), you're going to be in for a world of hurt if you forget to save regularly.
-The Email templates are too rigid for my liking. I wish you could do more with it. We also have issues sometimes when sending emails where two objects which are both centered will appear in different positions, and there isn't anything that can be done about it, and other little bugs like that.
-There's no mobile preview for email templates. You have to scale the window down to the size of a mobile phone to get the idea.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Maria Q.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"Complete and Useful Digital Marketing Tool"

Comments: I´m happy with it and the clients that are paying and using the tool are happy too. I can see the entire campaign results in only one software, saving a lot of time and effort.

Pros: It allows me to have all the assets and platform of a funnel in one software, so I can analyze in which part are my leads or my clients; I can easily know which part of my funnel is broken. On Ontraport you can create entire campaigns, landings, email marketing, SMS reminders, etc. It also works as CRM so your marketing and Sales team can be on the same page.

Cons: It´s not easy to use, we lose quite a time trying to understand it and even when we have this software for more than a year not all the members of my team know how to use it or use it at it´s most.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Keith J.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased."

Pros: Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons: The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Hi Keith!

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to [email protected] to see if this would fit your needs.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Natalie O.
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2015

"Ontraport Gives You Everything In One Place"

Pros: Ontraport has so many features, it includes everything you need to stay in touch with, follow up with, and keep track of all your customers, lists, emails sent and customer purchases. All the clients I work with who have Ontraport absolutely love working with it!

Cons: It can be confusing at first to find all the pieces and where they hide.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2015
Steven D.
Head of Product
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience"

Comments: Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros: It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons: It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Sorin D.
Director of Marketing
Computer Software
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2015

"Very versatile and simple to use"

Pros: Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons: The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers

The Spiritual Love Coach and Healer
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"WOW! This does almost everything!!"

Pros: I can track everything with my clients. It's so much more than just email marketing. When you consider all of the tasks that it can handle it's worth the money.

Cons: The pricing may be a bit much for a new business or smaller business and figuring out how to best set it up for tagging and such needs to be planned out to get the most out of it.

by Ontraport on 08/02/2019

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad you're getting the most out of our software!

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Christina E.
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2015

"Ontraport is the best product purchase we've made in our business"

Pros: Ontraport is easy to use, fairly intuitive and their customer support is FANTASTIC.They are very responsive, in some case, even before I've been able to submit a support request they've come to my rescue.

Cons: I'm really having to rack my brain here on this one. There isn't anything that I don't like, that I don't wish they did (because they are so incredibly responsive, many "wishes" have become reality, very quickly).

David H.
Spiritual Teacher
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"My primary experience with this software was getting people OFF of it."

Pros: I like that it exists and serves people and gets the job done. Outside of that, there's little I really love about this software. I can use the functionality, but there are much more intuitive alternatives and much cheaper ones too.

Cons: I know there are many practical uses for a software this big, and that everyone uses one of the big email marketing softwares and that you "should" use them too. I see the benefits, compared to a Mailchimp, and I also think few people get much from a software this complex and are better off sticking with a software they understand.

by ONTRAPORT on 01/06/2018

Hi David! Business owners usually move to ONTRAPORT after they find a point solution isn't the right fit for their needs. Having all of your lead, client, eCommerce, support and more notes and interactions under one roof make it so that teams have less "fall through the gap" type of experiences.

Businesses who are just getting started and only need the email marketing solution probably aren't the best fit. Appreciate your review!

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Social Media Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Great CRM software - terrible email builder"

Pros: Ontraport is a powerful system for managing my business. At first glance, it has everything I need - CRM, email automations, all the good stuff. If you aren't as picky as me, it should meet your needs

Cons: I had a lot of issues with Ontraport - mostly in the realm of marketing automation. The biggest issue - the one that caused me to cancel almost immediatly - was the fact that you can't put bullet lists into emails! How is that possible? People don't read emails - they scan them.

by Ontraport on 08/02/2019

We hear you! We have since released bulleted lists in our email builder. Thank you for your feedback, we are constantly making changes and updates to our software to make it the system that has everything you need.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2019

"I Tried It for 6 Months This Is What I Found:"

Comments: I had a few really hard sales people; just not very nice. After my first (kind-of) set up call, I just stopped doing it because I was told everything I had been doing (for the last 10 years) was old, wrong, and shoddy. I was informed the only way to fix it was with Ontraport.
In 20+ years of business, that one on-boarding call ranks one of my worst experiences. Just because of that, I can't recommend Ontraport to anyone that I know. I'd never want my business or my name associated with a company that talks to people the way that I had been talked to.
What I've come away with: Ontraport has the best customer service (amazing people and policies, just fabulous!) but they don't pay their affiliates and they use mean, fear-based high pressure sales to get you to upgrade or to keep you from cancelling.

Pros: The landing pages are fabulous! You can add a sales forms and up-sale sections. If you understand sales funnels, you may really like it. They have great customer service and there's always a way to talk to someone. You can chat with someone, schedule mini-screen share sessions and schedule longer training calls. All of my customer service interactions were fabulous.

Cons: There was a lacking in the template area, for me. It was not a simple as it would seem- my stuff kept crashing; I don't recommend larger images, files, or .gifs. They don't support .html, so if you have things you want to embed, it's a chore and there isn't any technical support. It's a lot of work for one person. This would be better for a mid-size or larger company. I wouldn't recommend it for any sole proprietors, independents or contractors. Beware of the affiliate program, just keep a watch on it: I signed up under a friend of mine. They never got the affiliate pay out. They should have been paid for 6 months. When I complained, they put in a ticket and he was only paid for 4 months. Plus, they hold any commissions for 90 days. If your sign up doesn't stay for over 90 days, you don't get paid at all.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2019
Rebecca B.
Business Strategist & Coach
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business"

Comments: Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros: I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons: The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

by Ontraport on 03/12/2020

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Mitch B.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2017

"Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm"

Comments: The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros: You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons: Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Hi Mitch!

There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2017
Carolyn B.
Freelance Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2018

"Easy-to-use and powerful CRM tool"

Comments: -Easy to manage and navigate CRM
-Saves time during customer file management
-Intuitive user interface

Pros: I use Ontraport as a team member to manage client files and support membership-related inquiries. I love how easy it is to work with client files and support customers with their inquiries. In general, I've found this particular Ontraport feature relatively easy to learn, and in comparison, found it much easier and more user-intuitive than Infusionsoft. I can't speak to the marketing automation aspects, other than my client has installed a powerful and complex automated marketing email system and it seems to work quite well. Overall, this is a great software, especially if you're thinking of outsourcing CRM and support-related tasks.

Cons: I can't find any drawbacks for using this software. From what I understand support has also been wonderful whenever my client has needed to contact them.

Hi Carolyn!

Glad to hear you are having a great experience using our software. Should you ever have questions about the other functionalities or want to look at opportunities as a consultant let us know! You can email our support team directly at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 05/05/2018
Hannah W.
Executive Assistant
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Customer Service is AMAZING"

Comments: First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

Pros: Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

Cons: it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy!

by Ontraport on 03/12/2020

Thanks for this positive review, Hannah! We'll be sure to pass this message along to our support team. :)

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Marian v E.
High Ticket Consultant
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"Best all in one automation platform"

Comments: very powerful automation platform, way above many more on the market

Pros: very complex
powerful sales funnel platform
email automation at the highest level

Cons: landing page builder is very old school
not being able to add css into emails

by Ontraport on 08/02/2019

Thank for the five star review, Marian!

We hear you about the old landing page builder. The new Ontraport Pages editor was recently release and has tons of new sleek features and capabilities. Enjoy!

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Tyler B.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"We have been able to automate the entire back-end of our business through this system."

Comments: We were able to increase our time to do other things since the software automates our follow up process, billing, and even a quicker response task for potential clients.

Pros: We love that these systems help to streamline everything from client onboarding to actually billing our clients monthly.

Cons: It is a little pricey on a monthly basis, but the amount of time it saves us is almost invaluable. They do have their branding on the automation that we haven't figured out how to take off of the emails.

by Ontraport on 08/02/2019

Awesome, Tyler! Hearing that is music to our ears.

You can remove the branding from the botton of your emails by sending an email to our support team at [email protected] and they'll take care of it for you.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Wendy M.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2015

"A highly scalable system that can do a lot"

Pros: The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons: At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2015