Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Helen F.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

Pros: As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

Cons: My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Very feature-rich & easy to use!

André H.
Director of Operations
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: - You get a beautiful overview of the day, week and month. You know exactly what's happening, who's handling it and what resources are being used;
- Flexibility is a big plus with their 'availabilities' concept. Lets us adjust the schedule in order to optimise operations with incredible ease;
- Filters that let you build your custom calendar (and save it!) are brilliant. You only see what you want to/need to see;
- Reports are highly customisable;
- Fantastic support.

Cons: - Needs work on the invoicing module, currently too basic
- API features should be expanded to allow more custom development
- Overall design could be a bit more flat/modern, not at all bad though

Fantastic booking system and team

Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Camilo G.
Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros: This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons: Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

A powerful channel manager

Guillaume J.
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success. Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros: I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons: The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold.
I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

FareHarbor Has Finger On Pulse of My Business & Like Having One's Own Private Team!

Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Shannon S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I grew up with eTix, moved along with ZERVE (whom I adored) and then came into FareHarbor once ZERVE bit the dust. FareHarbor had some kinks at first but then took the torch and ran with it like a leader well in touch with things. I like that FareHarbor gets that although there's a template or universal aspect to tour businesses, that there are also some like my own that are constantly changing, evolving and pushing the envelope and do more than stay conventional. It means the world that their team is open to my evolution and are willing to work to create new dimensions to their own system to help me fulfill my vision! That's massive and money in the bank!

Pros: Sounds cliche, but it's very organic and "thinks" like someone in the tour industry. It's almost scary! It's like the software knows what I'm thinking at times, stays ahead of me but then other times, it's like I'm teaching it new things. Very collaborative feeling.

Cons: I doubt if anything is dummy proof but this is as close as it can get. I do hope that in the future, they will find a way for me to add some alternative things to the checkout for the customer. I have a product that is related to the traveler experience and would love to have it as a check out option right before they buy the tour tickets or complete the transaction because I feel its like a final sale's plug reminder that they might either jump on board with or be interested enough to go back and review the product's description and be influenced to purchase it last second. Currently its an item for sale but its too separated from where I think it needs to be personally.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 10/06/2019

Hi Shannon -
We can't thank you enough for the positive feedback. We truly do consider you a partner and aim to make your experience with FareHarbor a collaborative one. That said we're always looking for ways to improve so, I'll definitely pass along your hopes for an alternative checkout for your customers. Thank you for your trust in FareHarbor and we look forward to the years of success to come! Mahalo!

Remarkably flexible. Does everything I need it to do. Support people look for ways to help my biz.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018
David S.
Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I wrote a review for software that I use. I don't know what Capterra really does, but I might look to see if I can find a substitute for QuickBooks accounting software here.

Pros: Cleverly flexible. Has configurable settings to do all sorts of customizing of available time slots, staffing, pricing, etc. I never run into something I wish it would do that it doesn't already do. I know there are portions I am not even using that would probably benefit me even more. Easy to populate initially. I really don't remember much about that process because the FareHarbor people did most of it for me. The support team calls me from time to time to check if they can help me configure my upcoming seasonal schedule or anything else. Sometimes they contact me to notify me of new features I might be interested in. They spread non-competitive information about their other customers' experiences that might benefit me with regard to managing reviews, working with affiliates, working with concierges, etc. Integrates with Viator and Expedia and other resellers. Has never ever been unavailable.

Cons: It can't be both endlessly configurable/customizable and fast/simple at the same time. So I feel like there are a lot of clicks to get done what I need. I can't think of how to eliminate clicks though without eliminating features. Beyond that, I am reaching for ideas. Perhaps if there were some sort of integration with our QuickBooks accounting software that would be helpful. Because I am on it all day every day, perhaps an android app would be better than accessing it from the browser on my phone, but I am not sure how beneficial that would be. I am unsure how they could do it, but they as a company don't have any web presence that drives visitors to their vendors. Back when Zozi was around, they had a website that steered people to their customers but that was a different business model. I can't complain about the cost. I pay them so little that I wonder how their business model works. But I really have to get creative to think of any shortcomings. None that are software related.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 10/04/2018

David, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb.

Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Kaitlin L.
Director of Sales and Marketing/Event Planning
Customer Support

Pros: While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

Cons: One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made in terms of format are quickly resolved by FareHarbor Support. On another note, there are times when we make adjustments in the dashboard ourselves - without the help of customer support. Yet, often those changes still have to be submitted to FareHarbor support staff, so they can make those amendments appear on our website to customers. It feels repetitive. If those small changes could automatically be reflected on the website, we feel both our staff and customer support staff could become more efficient. Finally, there seem to be plenty of features available at FareHarbor of which we users are unaware. For instance, our website was outdated and desperately needed some attention. We weren't aware we could get a website upgrade, or makeover if you will, until a support staff member reached out to us about that possibility directly. Perhaps implementing a list of available features - especially those that are at no additional cost - to all users would be a positive change all around and would ensure use all parties are using FareHarbor to the best of their ability.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 19/03/2018

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Super helpful and friendly staff; this software solves so many problems for us!

Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Elisa M.
VP
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Online bookings 24/7 is huge for us. Fewer phone calls and a greater ability to focus on providing the product rather than selling.

Pros: It has tremendous functionality. It can be used with very simple business models, as well as very complex ones. I use it for three different companies. One is very basic, bare-bones. The other two are extremely complex, so I have been digging into the myriad of features and functionality over the past three months as we launched it for the two more complex companies. There is a lot to learn for the more complicated businesses (as expected), but once I figured it all out, it all makes sense and I am able to really maximize the functionality. The staff is very responsive and always there to help with questions, problems, and even assigning tasks to them. In addition to providing booking software, they also designed new websites for me for free, which increased the company's visibility online, so our sales have increased. The also have a free online call center (I haven't made use of this yet). They are constantly rolling out new and better upgrades. I am extremely happy with this product and with the staff behind it.

Cons: FareHarbor charges the customer 6% of the gross for online bookings (the customer isn't charged this 6% if they call in and book directly over the phone). I'd like to have the option to absorb that 6% on our end so the customer doesn't pay it. The closest we can get is to offer a 6% online booking discount, but I would prefer the option of allowing us to absorb a portion or all of that 6% on the back end instead. That being said, until I started typing this review, I've never thought of asking them if they would be willing to implement an option like this! I'll be asking tomorrow. Knowing they are constantly improving the product and they do take customer suggestions seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they consider doing this in the future.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 03/05/2017

Thanks for the lovely and detailed review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions!

Thanks again,
Becca

Finally! Reservations software that makes sense for small business.

Reviewed on 15/05/2017
Tony D.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Working with FareHarbor has allowed us to modernize our website and reservations system into something that is appealing to our customers. It's easy to use, it's secure, and allows us to create more revenue through direct bookings and keep our cashflow rather than having to pay fees to a reservation software company.

Pros: Could not be easier to use. Great customer service. FareHarbor constantly upgrades their system and works with us to make improvements. The FareHarbor team responds to issues and inquiries immediately and resolve things appropriately. We have never had an issue go unresolved. They listened to our needs and helped us customize our FareHarbor experience to suit. It has performed near flawlessly for three years. Our online reservations jumped from 6 per month to 25 or so per month almost immediately after deploying FareHarbor. Guests love the interface and ease of use. We love the cost to us (nothing) and the dramatic increase in direct bookings. They also redesigned our website. Updates to our website are only an email away and the end result looks and functions perfectly. We have been approached by many competing software systems over the years and have looked into all of them. None of them can touch FareHarbor.

Cons: We have not come across any "cons" with FareHarbor. Any issues we come across and communicate to FareHarbor are resolved.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 18/05/2017

Wow, Tony! This review is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on FareHarbor. It's always been a pleasure working with your team!!

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here.

Lightyears beyond Bookeo

Reviewed on 05/05/2017
Christopher W.
Business Development
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everything related to booking and reservation management, payment processing, etc.

Pros: Very deep, extensive functionality. It blows me away how much you can do with this software. The level of customization is mind boggling. We were formerly with Bookeo and it was alright, especially considering the low price, but it was quite simplistic and that caused us some frustrations. It was also pretty outdated in the user interface appearance. Fareharbor booking interface looks very slick and it's a lot quicker for customers and reservationists to make bookings. The software on the backend is very powerful and well thought out. You get complete functionality on mobile and iPhone app that you do with desktop. Bookeo was frustrating how watered down their mobile version was. And they said they had zero interest in making an iPhone or Android app. Fareharbor is a "full service" solution the likes of which I have never seen. They have a department that will create a new Wordpress website for you, a dept that works to set up affiliate access so third parties can book through the system without calling you. They integrate seamlessly with Viator/Expedia/etc. They have several teams of people that specialize in different areas. You get a ton of attention as a new customer and they take care of almost all the setup work. If you are the type that doesn't want to learn how to do any of this kinda stuff yourself or you don't have the time to, Fareharbor is a great solution. I was skeptical that any booking software could be THAT much better than another, but it really is.

Cons: I was very excited to hear about all the many impressive features they offer. What I didn't realize is that it takes a lot of effort to set them all up. Granted they can do ALL of the work for you, so you're in no way left on your own with any of it. But it does take time. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person; Bookeo was 100% do-it-yourself and I was fine with that. I'm the type of person that doesn't like asking for help or asking other people to do something for me. I want to figure it out and customize it myself. ...Fareharbor is NOT a do-it-yourself system. You will absolutely need their help for a lot of the features to get set up properly. I tried exploring on my own to set up some customization and there's no way you'd be able to figure out most of the feature setup on your own. To be fair, their software isn't designed to be that way, though. It's not a Squarespace/Wix/Bookeo style product. It's very customizable, and as such, you need their help. It takes some time, dozens of phone calls and emails over the course of weeks (and months, as you fine-tune the deeper features). And there is a learning curve. But the depth of functionality and the extensiveness of their software is worth it in the end. Tech support team is great, always taking calls 24/7 (email response time is kinda slow though). Can't imagine anyone else being better. I see why they have so many customers.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/05/2017

Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience.

We're always looking to balance our catalog of features with overall ease-of-use. But know that we'll be here 24/7 while you learn your way around the more complicated features!

Thanks again,

WOW, I am SO happy with this system

Reviewed on 19/01/2017
L B.
Owner/operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We chose FareHarbor after having issues with our past "#1 Online Booking System," including it's failure to list a calendar when our site was viewed on mobile. I wouldn't have left if not for the stream of failures of the other software, which was pretty nice when it worked... now I'm happy it happened because FareHarbor is amazing. We are an escape room business with 3 themes, 4 rooms, 5 menu selections. It took a few days to get everything dialed in with FareHarbor, now the system saves me so much time and effort. The flexibility is amazing. I was a little worried because, although you can do everything yourself, it seemed you are encouraged not to. I worried this was going to be an issue, but their customer support is top notch. If I want schedules, promotional campaigns, ANYTHING changed, they get it done, and probably faster and smoother than trying to do it myself. Yet I still have the flexibility to easily change and add bookings, dates, prices, availability to individual activities on the schedule on the fly. Two of our rooms can be booked together or separately. We used to put them on schedule separately (book individual rooms this time of day, book pair of rooms for bigger groups that time of day) since if one of the rooms was booked, the two room option was no longer available. With FH both options are on schedule and customer demand drives the calendar selection... if one is chosen, the two room option automatically stops displaying, and the other room can still be booked individually (and visa versa). I saw someone mention the "cost" of the system. We weighed this against other systems and find the cost differences to be pretty much a wash. Their credit card rate is great, especially compared to the cost of going with one of a few other popular escape room booking systems, I would have had to pay for a gateway, route with a merchant's account, pay a variable and mostly higher rate for credit cards... this is all in one and so easy... and a few less things I need to keep track of. Yes, there is a convenience fee for online booking, we absorb this fee into our prices. And really, it's a booking you may not have had were it not for the booking system. They have many features I'm sure (or would hope) other systems have such as auto booking cutoff times, auto email confirmations and reminders, etc. Actual 24 hr cust svc, not "you can contact them 24 hrs a day, leave a message, but not hear back until the next business day."

Pros: Flexibility, ability to change items on the fly and really give the best customer service I can because I can be flexible. I integrate it with my personal calendar so I get the bookings synced right to my phone. The ability to be flexible. Did I mention how flexible it is?

Cons: There are a couple items that are tricky to set up, but why would you when you can just email or call and have them do it. I'm learning to delegate to them, and it's freeing up even more of my time... ok that part's not a con, but the tricky to set up thing is.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 03/04/2017

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review. We hope you know how grateful we are for your support.

Flexible is our favorite word too! We're very excited to hear that we've delivered on that.

If you ever need anything in the future, never hesitate to reach out. 24/7 means 24/7!

- Becca

Life Changing!

Reviewed on 09/07/2016
Bridgette R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My husband and I co-own our tour and have been open for about 10 years. We currently have about 5-7 additional guides, depending on the season. As our tour grew, as well as our number of employees, it was impossible to stay on top of everything that needed to be done. Thanks to FareHarbor, we have been able to free up time, and begin to grow our tour again! Outside of our outstanding guides, nothing has helped us to grow and manage our tour as much as Fareharbor!

Pros: Easy to edit tours. Updating tour times and dates is simple. Guide assignment, helps us and the tour guides keep track of their schedule. Tour guides can check people in, and we can see it in live time. Cost is low and very much worth the money. Clean web integration, and it blends nicely within our website. Customer information is easily available and easy to change, rebook, refund, etc. Very easy to track past reservations and customer info. Top notch customer service; they have actually taken the time to create items specifically for our company.

Cons: On the cons, there are only a few items that honestly are tailored more to just my specific needs. I wish there were more restrictions for tour guides. I would like to prevent them from changing certain settings, especially the ability to change and see other tour guide info. My other request is for a wider range of reporting. I would specifically like to be able to see the monthly breakdown by: the tour guides who led the tour, as well as the number people on the tour, and the method of payment broken down by cash/cc. In other words, we need to see how much money the tour guide collected for one month and how many people attended their tours. A small amount of tech experience is helpful but not required.

Excellent Software and Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/06/2016
Terry D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been a tour business providing tours since 2009 and have tried many reservation systems. Fare Harbor was the first reservation system we used that works the way we do. We have had frustrations with other systems that seem to not understand how a tour business operates or didn't give us the flexibility we needed. From the very start, Fareharbor was great to work with in getting everything setup properly, even helping us transition during the middle of a busy season. Their integration with Viator allows us to sell out many tour dates which has really helped sales.

Pros: I'll bullet point my favorite features. Designed the way we work from the bottom up. Allows us to assign tour guides with ease and notify them about these assignments and send out reminders. Having tour buses, I really like being able to create a route and assign a pickup time to hotels. This information is listed on the confirmation so we no longer have to call each customer to give them a pickup time like our our old system. Booking is quick and easy from the back end I like the ability to see upcoming bank deposits with ease. Deposits have always been made on time, helping us gauge cash flow. I like being able to add internal memos and notes to each customer for special requirements on tour. Review reminders being sent out a few days after our tours have helped increase our ranking on Tripadvisor. Low merchant fees for taking credit cards

Cons: I would like the ability to see a net price for Viator reservations, not the retail price in our reports. I would like the ability to reduce the ticketing fee that is charged to our customer, by either splitting it or even having us absorb it, and being able to test sales this way. Customers often go to Viator after hitting our reservation system to make their final bookings.

Great reservations system from the first season

Reviewed on 12/08/2016
Addyson R.
ZipTour Supervisor
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Implementing Fareharbor as a new program went really well, thanks entirely to the exceptional customer service support (shout-out to Raleigh and Mikaela). They were always available by phone and email and training went very smoothly. I was thoroughly impressed that Mikaela was involved and aware of events occurring within our department, and sent her condolences and her support. Because of this, Fareharbor feels more like a partnership than a "client" type relationship.
The actual program is very user-friendly which was a significant selling point for me. It is also easily implemented across other departments at our resort. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the functionality and overall performance of Fareharbor.

Pros: It is very user friendly for front-end staff
Mobile version is great
Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL and they have a thorough knowledge of the program.
Permissions are easily customized across users. This was a huge bonus, and has been very helpful so we can limit access to those who do not need it.
Affiliate set-up is easy, and has a very fluid application. I have been very pleased with how we are able to implement partnerships with this program.
They are consistently working to update the program.

Cons: Discounts are not easily implemented. We consistently have to find "work arounds"
The automated emails do not allow for customization. Different departments use the automated confirmation email, but the resort address and contact information HAS to remain the same across departments. It makes it difficult for guests to contact us.
Smartwaiver is minimally integrated. Our last reservation system automatically imported name, height, and weight from the waivers. This was a huge perk, and did not come with Fareharbor. We were promised that programming would work on it, but we have not seen results.
There were not P2P Card readers for the desktop version of Fareharbor. Because of this, we had to purchase 3 iPads and use the mobile app in order to be PCI compliant for customer credit card security.
Invoicing has to be done manually. It cannot be scheduled to happen automatically each month.

At the end of the day, Fare Harbor does everything we absolutely need and works seamlessly.

Reviewed on 05/05/2017
Bond R.
Manager/Tour Guide
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Still getting benefits. Can't say enough about super responsive customer service. If you need something and they can do it, they will do it.

Pros: convenience. negligible downtime. once it's set up, super easy to use. Extremely responsive customer service whether you call or email and some of the fastest email customer service I have ever seen. They know their product - no matter who you work with. Don't see what you need? just ask them. They've done a lot of "custom" (for lack of a better word) work so we can better accommodate our needs. Any company using reservations can afford this platform. Continuously one of the highest rated among reservation platforms. Reporting system. User permissions. You name it, Fare Harbor can do it.

Cons: There are only two things I can say I like the least - 1) FareHarbor would save a million man hours if they would offer the fareharbor credit card slider that connects to your phone, like Square. Having to manually enter all the credit card info when on-site for walkups or partial payments can slow me down considerably. and 2) More robust crew scheduling abilities. For example, I'd like my guests to be able to request specific tour guides - so ability to assign crew to specific customers would be very helpful for me. I don't dislike the new reports, but I definitely like the old Legacy reports better. I don't use many reports in fareharbor but the ones I do, I prefer the older Legacy. The new reports are not showing any private or locked tours in reports.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/05/2017

Bond,

Thanks for taking the time to us a review! We really appreciate the candid feedback.

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always available.

Love this platform!

Ross K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very, very positive. From the very first call to redeveloping my website, FareHarbor have been instrumental in the success of my business which may not have happened so easily with my previous set up.

Pros: Easy to use.
Customer service is beyond excellent!
Account manager is available to work on constantly improving and updating how i use the system.

Cons: None really. Maybe a method to follow up tbose who almost complete a booking but don't.

I can's say enough about Fare Harbor

Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Elizabeth B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: People had to call to book before and I think I lost a lot of clients because of this. Now they can just browse and buy

Pros: There are so many things to like about this software. 1. No out of pocket expenses. Taking a booking fee gives FH an incentive to help you make more money. At first I was leery about charging the booking fee to my clients, but no one have complained about it (or frankly even noticed).
2. Ease of use (and when it's not, customer service will do it for you)!
3. Works on phone, not an app, but with a mobile browser which work great. Not sure I need an app, most of my work is on a laptop anyway.
4. Customer service is always on and ready to help and quick to get done what you need.
5. Putting it online was seamless and pretty easy. I got out of the box with the basics and was able to add on as I went!
6. Feedback from my clients about the simplicity of the check out process.
Like I said, so many great things! So happy with my decision.

Cons: Nothing so far! I may find some as I grow, but at this time none!

Great Booking Software!

Reviewed on 23/08/2016
Marisa C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: FareHarbor was wonderful! We are an Escape Room in Pennsylvania. We began our business using Bookeo, as that is what almost every escape room in the area and ones we'd been to used. FareHarbor contacted us, gave us a demonstration, and we fell in love. They completely set everything up for us so we didn't lose any bookings in the process since our service was never down. They then incorporated into our website for us. It was great and their customer service has always been great even now!

Pros: They truly have some of the best customer service around. They are available 24/7 to call or email and return your calls or emails within the same day. Sometimes they will even set it up for you which is wonderful when I'm in the middle of working a busy day. Then I can always give them a call to ask how it works or how I can adjust it that way I can learn when I get a break. Both the customer view and the behind the scenes view is extremely clear and easy to work with. Rarely do we have customers confused on how to book/reserve something, unless they truly don't know how to use a computer to begin with.

Cons: I wish they would incorporate something that would allow customers to immediately book another room/service/tour/etc. Maybe even just a link. It would be really awesome if you could add another thing to your "cart" per say and pay all at once instead of making multiple bookings. Another thing that would be nice is almost an employee area like a scheduler system. This way employees could request time off and see large sections of times that they are working. Currently, you can assign them to a reservation but it would nice to have them be able to look and see they work 11am-4pm rather than see they are assigned to a 11:30am, 12:00pm, and so on appointments.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 24/08/2016

Hi Marisa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your feedback on using FareHarbor.

Never hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to help!

-Gabby

Strong customer service and easy to use software

Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Matt G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Its certainly cut out any of the occasional blips I used to have with my previous custom built booking system so it has given me peace of mind. I initially was concerned that customers would be put off by the booking fee but I haven't noticed a drop in purchases.
The site has been robust and customer service has been top notch with one exception when Fareharbor took a long time to deal with a GDPR request. I have been assured that this will not happen again.
So overall I would recommend Fareharbor.

Pros: It feels pretty intuitive and is targeted towards the tour industry so pretty much all of the features I require are already here.

Cons: Very little to be honest. Occasionally something comes up but their customer service department helps out pretty swiftly.

Helped Our Paddlesport Company So Much!

Reviewed on 27/08/2015
Vince & emily shay S.
Owners
Customer Support

Comments: We looked EVERYWHERE for booking software that was the right fit for our paddlesport company. This product is designed for adventure outfitters, so it works. How do you book a tour, ask people their height weight etc, require they can swim, remind them of their appointment, take payment immediately, quickly adjust tour/lesson calendar for staffing, weather changes, large events, etc? These were the issues that we were facing as a company, and FareHarbor was the answer. Customer Service: Incredible! So awesome to actually deal with real people who respond quickly to questions via phone call and email. Always friendly and helpful! They took HOURS of their time to help us set up our site so everything was just right. Plus, they do all the integrations into your website for you (hooray!). Once it's all set up and integrated into your site, it's easy to use the program to make changes and manage bookings. And they are all really nice, down to earth folks. Product: Love it. It takes a little while to figure it out, but FareHarbor provides free training (really, it's free), and ongoing support. We've seen a significant increase in sales with the calendar booking option. Plus, the software is easily configured to ask customers important questions that help us set up their kayak and paddleboard tours and lessons. If we have bad weather coming, staffing problems, or other events planned, we can quickly take down availability. On the other hand, we can quickly add availability, too. Any changes that need to be made, we can easily do it ourselves. We don't have to relay the info to a web person and wait for them to do it. Pretty sweet! Booking used to require A LOT of our own time, making phone calls and emailing. Now, we have much more time to actually get away from the phone and computer to do what we love! You can personalize contact settings, so customers still get quality customer service and all their needs are met. You can customize greetings to add your own brand "flair." Value: Excellent! No fees, only % of amount booked directly through FareHarbor service, and the rate is better than Square, which is what we were using to send invoices to book tours and lessons (hello, time consuming!!). Win-Win-Win. So happy with it, we've referred it to our friends who have surf schools on the Central Coast. Thanks FareHarbor :) ~Vince and Emily Shay
Avila Beach Paddlesports

by FareHarbor Holdings on 27/08/2015

Hi Vince & Emily,

A big thank you for all the feedback here. We're doing the happy dance in honor of your increased sales and increased free time. Makes us so stoked to know we're helping people grow their business and do what they love! Win-win-win is right.

Never hesitate to give our support team a call if you have any questions! We got your back, 24/7.

Thanks,

Excellent

Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Iwa S.
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: So easy. I run two businesses using the FareHarbor platform. They are constantly adding new features and making it better!

Pros: Amazing customer service. Real people on the phone to help 24/7. Easy program to learn with lots of custom options.

Cons: It costs the person who books online 6%, which can be quite a lot when a private charter is a couple thousand dollars.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 04/09/2019

Aloha Iwa!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We love hearing about how everything from our customer support to current software features allows you to run both of your businesses smoothly. We're constantly aiming to improve on our feature offerings, so if any suggestions come to mind in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.
Mahalo!

Taking my business Footsteps in Northumberland up a gear or two

Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Patrick N.
Walking guide
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For a long time, I struggled with booking and payment systems with a mix of cash, cheque, PayPal and no affordable card payment system. FareHarbor solved all of that in one neat package and it functions extremely well. In addition, FareHarbor helped to build a new company website which has seen a step change in the way I do business.

Pros: It has put in one place all of my products, reviews and payment options in one place and simplified the booking and payment process for my customers. The customer support is terrific.

Cons: I have yet to discover any issues with the software, which could be described as a dislike

Intuitive, state-of-the-art, easy to use , & MOST of all outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 24/06/2016
Dionne T.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We implemented FH 1 year ago. Since then, we've seen a significant increase in online bookings, we're enjoying affiliate partner bookings at all hours of the day without any effort on our part, and we've also experienced improved processes internally because of all the features that FH has to offer from daily manifests, reporting and trackability.

Pros: We like most that we have control over our fleet inventories, what our online customers can see versus our staff, ease of use and the unmatched top-notch customer service and support. The customer support team is extremely responsive and helpful!

Cons: After using more than a handful of commonly used software in the state as an affiliate partner with relationships with many activity providers we've realized that there is not a software that has everything that the end user may envision (this is not a negative). FH is by far way ahead of the game. There may be minor features that you're used to seeing with your current software that may not exist. The good news is that if you send in a wish list email to the support team it will not be ignored. They will do all that they can to implement your ideas into the software. They have a team of programmers working tirelessly on improvements every day that customers bring to the table. I've seen many of our wish list items come through to fruition. I love this because our ideas matter. We have worked with software in the past that would just say, "sorry - it doesn't do that."

Fare Harbor helped us to go Viral in no time

Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Eduke D.
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We started the boat company and we were looking for a ticket partner. Luckily Fare Harbor found us and reached out to us, we never heard from them but we decided to give it a go. It was a success straight away because we had no worries about selling the tickets online. They made a awesome website. Besides that, they gave good advice and were always very kind and helpful. I'm sure Fare Harbor has great potential to because huge and how these guys are going I believe this is already a big success but they will go bigger and bigger.

Pros: Fare Harbor is a great company, fair people, 24/7 customer service, very polite always and a good system. We are very happy with Fare Harbor as a partner. They made a great website so we could focus on our speciality: Boat tours. Fare harbor helped us with good advice and now adays they even have Dutchies which helps a lot. We are expanding with Fare Harbor.

Cons: The Software is big and endless. Some things are not easy to find out.

Just finished our first busy season with FareHarbor

Reviewed on 30/08/2016
Richard L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We just finished our first busy season with FareHarbor. We use it for Kayak Tour and Kayak Rental reservations. We use The Booking Ninja for our phone support, and they are experts on FareHarbor (they recommended it to us). Between the two companies, we now are freed from answering phones, and can focus on making our tours the best they can possibly be. There are cheaper solutions out there, but they lacked some of the rich features that we needed. Here are my comments:
' Very powerful tool ' the only one that we found that could handle our need to seamlessly share kayaks between tours and rentals. This let us move our kayak rental reservations to the web, saving us a lot of work on our end.
' Not as intuitive as some other options. Some of the more powerful features work, but are not easy to understand from my end. Fortunately, we use 'The Booking Ninja' for our phone reservations, and they are experts on FareHarbor, and handle most day to day modifications for us. The FareHarbor staff did the original setup and handles any modifications that are beyond the Booking Ninja's capabilities, so the complexity is not as big a problem as we feared.
' Tool is steadily improving with new capabilities. These improvements have let us handle more complex scenarios without having to jump through hoops.
' Support has been very responsive. We work through our representative for most things, but can also simply call or email the support team.

Pros: Very powerful features. This lets us handle our most complex needs. This is why we moved to FareHarbor.

Cons: Some of the powerful features are hidden from the casual user, so it is not always intuitive when a change is needed. Fortunately, we can just let The Booking Ninja or FareHarbor support know what we need, and they will do the necessary changes.