FareHarbor Reviews

by FareHarbor Holdings

• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.6/5
    4.9/5

About FareHarbor

Online reservation software for tour & activity businesses. Our goal is to help you get twice the bookings, with half the effort.

Learn more about FareHarbor

Emma P.
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Excellent service and product"

Comments: Overall, I really like Fareharbor - I like the way it looks when people book.

Pros: The customer service is amazing and fast
On a day to day basis, it is easy to use and you can add all the information you need to for all your guides.

Cons: I sometimes struggle with set up and amending items. We usually have to get Fareharbor to do some or all of the set up as we get some things wrong. Saying that, all you need to do is reach out to their service team and they usually sort it out in minutes.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/10/2019

Hello Emma -

Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that you have had positive experiences working with our amazing Support Team. With that, we are always available and can help set up and amending your items or can schedule a team member to help train you on that specific function.

Sean G.
Surf Instructor
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"FareHarbor has been the best reservation system I've used and the customer service is impeccable!"

Comments: FareHarbor is easy to use, great for growing your business and I cannot emphasize enough how amazing everyone that works at FareHarbor is. I would expect that I'd annoy/frustrate them as often as I call them requesting them to change this or to change that. They even made my new website for me after seeing that I was having some success with there program on my previous DIY site. Great Program, Great Company. Thank all y'all at FH! Big shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all the help recently, as well as all of the staff who've helped me over the years.

Pros: I love how the software program and app truly works. Everything that the company say works, works. With other reservation systems I tried, there mustve had some issues with the program or something because alot of stuff would randomly not work or do the wrong thing etc etc. The platform is also very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and always evolving/growing/staying up-to-date with the newest features available. Doesn't cost you as the business anything!

Cons: There is really nothing much to complain about with FareHarbor. Of course, in a dream world, there would be a cpl/few things I really wish that could be changed and/or part of the program. I wish I could remember what some of them were at this moment, but I can remember that 'connecting a liability waiver' to my FH bookings/items etc was not as hi-tech as I woulda guessed. The waiver app partnership Fh has is with Smartwaivers. From all m research, seems like a pretty good setup but it costs too much for my business because of the large # of waivers used/month etc (in my opinion of course). And it's not just smartwaivers, most all of the good waiver app's out there are similarly priced, but as i said, expensive per month if you use a lot of waivers. In Fareharbor's defense, they have been super super helpful over the years coming up with ideas for me on how I can set up and complete waivers with our customers for free etc. Unfortunately from what I've found, the ways you can accomplish having a waiver system in your booking for free are not nearly as professional or legally strong as if you were to just use the 'Smartwaivers' connection or any of the other professional waivers, like the one I've been using for the last year or so which is a little bit cheaper called 'Waiver Electronic'. The obvious one complaint is that FH charges customers who make a booking online (on my website for example) a 6% fee, totally seperate and additional to any tax, which adds up!

by FareHarbor Holdings on 16/04/2020

Hi Sean -

We hope that you are well and want to thank you for taking the time to write this review about FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our software and Support team have contributed to your business growth. Giving you the tools to grow your business will always be a priority for us and we are happy to help in any way we can, so please never hesitate to call.

We appreciate your feedback on our existing features & partnerships and will be surer to relay that to our internal teams.

Overall, we have truly enjoyed our partnership with you these last few years and look forward to many more!

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Wendy K.
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Great Support Team"

Comments: Nice team to work with, but I haven't used it enough to know if I'm happy with the product

Pros: Booking flow is better than my previous booking platform

Cons: difficulty setting up promo codes and lack of customization there

by FareHarbor Holdings on 05/06/2020

Hi Wendy -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your feedback with us. It is great to hear our booking flow has made an improvement to your business but we are committed to convincing you that you made the right decision switching to FareHarbor!

We understand that with all the features and functionalities that our software has to offer that some may be more complex than others. We are always happy to provide training on specific items or our amazing Support team is available 24/7 to assist.

We look forward to growing this partnership!

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Sandra B.
Founder, CMO
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Over-promised and Under-performed compared to Other Top Booking Software"

Comments: Fareharbor called us almost every week for 18 months trying to get us to switch to our software. The sales rep. kept insisting that if we switched we would see a big increase in our sales revenue. So, we were eager to see that happen in the first month of our 5 month high season. However, the first month, there was no increase, it was almost exactly the same. Then the next two months, which are the highest revenue months of the year for our company actually saw a sharp decrease in sales. One month was $10K less than the previous year, and the other month was over $20k less than the previous year. There was nothing about Fareharbor that actually made guests want to book more. Their product is just complicated and not better. The reason they have more reviews and customers than the other companies is due to their relentless, downright irritating sales tactics. They wear you down with calls until you just agree. I would like to add that in the months I have described above, our company also spent 2 times more on marketing than in the previous year. I mention this because when I told Fareharbor they had not lived up to their guarantee of more sales, their response was to tell me they could not tell me how to do marketing, and they suggested it was to our lack of competence in that realm. But as mentioned, we spent twice as much and worked equally hard. When we have a chance, we will change software systems. We would not recommend Fareharbor to other companies.

Pros: The user experience for the guests who are booking seems good.

Cons: Everything is complicated. From set-up to all the confounded reporting options, it is just all too much. Not user-friendly from the point of view of the tour operators dashboard. It is nearly impossible to set-up or edit your own tours. The gift-card option is ugly and not a good sell for our company. We sold way more gift cards with our other software.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 07/02/2019

Hi Sandra - Thank you for your honest feedback. Open and honest communication with our clients is very important to us and we deeply regret the experience that you had. Although you did not find FareHarbor to be the solution you were looking for, we would hate for you to leave with a bitter taste. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share please feel free to reach us at (855) 495-5551.
Otherwise, we wish you and the BK Adventure team continued success and hope for another opportunity to earn back your business.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Kevin
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Works for basic needs, but has gaps"

Comments: Overall we are booking field trips, tours, and other events. There are multiple users and multiple locations that we are all trying to book within. In the event we are all paying very close attention to what is going on everywhere, we can manage with no problems, however, if we are very busy or someone is very stressed to get something on Fareharbor in a hurry, it is possible to double book something without Fareharbor having any warning.

Pros: Features that I like most include that a hold can be placed on dates and times by utilizing Private Headlines. New bookings for contacts are very convenient as well as rebooking and cancellations. Plenty of places for notes and the ability to run reports for those various reports. Love all the freedom to program what you want when creating an event, especially when it comes to what information you want to collect from the registrant.

Cons: The load times are extremely slow. In addition, the program will allow overlapping event reservations utilizing the same resources without telling the user. This can allow double booking of the same location, despite what resources are marked when setting up the event. This is a major problem. There is also the inability to delete several bookings for the contact during the same Order. This is annoying and time consuming when the order has 10+ bookings.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 21/04/2020

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of your experience with FareHarbor.

It is great to know you've been able to take advantage of our features and customization.

Regarding your resources and overlapping event reservations, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We can review your current set up and provide any recommendations for optimizing your existing resources.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
André H.
Director of Operations
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Very feature-rich & easy to use!"

Pros: - You get a beautiful overview of the day, week and month. You know exactly what's happening, who's handling it and what resources are being used;
- Flexibility is a big plus with their 'availabilities' concept. Lets us adjust the schedule in order to optimise operations with incredible ease;
- Filters that let you build your custom calendar (and save it!) are brilliant. You only see what you want to/need to see;
- Reports are highly customisable;
- Fantastic support.

Cons: - Needs work on the invoicing module, currently too basic
- API features should be expanded to allow more custom development
- Overall design could be a bit more flat/modern, not at all bad though

by FareHarbor Holdings on 06/11/2019

Hi Andre -

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy to hear that FareHarbor has made a positive impact on your business and that you have been able to take full advantage of all the software's features and functionalities.

We look forward to sharing many more years of success.

Guillaume J.
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"A powerful channel manager"

Comments: SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success. Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros: I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons: The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold.
I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 04/11/2019

Hi Guillaume -

We appreciate the time you took to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that both the software and our support team has exceeded expectations!

It is amazing to see the growth SeaZen has experienced and we look forward to many more years of growth.

Dave N.
Owner / Operator
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"My Only Regret Is Not Starting Sooner"

Comments: Reliable, professional, honest. Every question is answered. Every promise fulfilled. What more is there?

Pros: The Fareharbor software has freed me to get back to doing what makes my company great and puts the entire back office functions at my finger tips: booking, assigning roles, servicing my clients, and ensuring my reporting is clear and easy to follow has gone from consuming most of my time to becoming a second thought. I have an entire staff in my pocket and the support and training from FareHarbor are always there when I have a question.

Cons: I would like to be able to send more automatic mails than currently possible. That's it.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/10/2019

Hi Dave -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! FareHarbor was designed to help tour operators, such as yourself, grow their businesses - we are happy to hear that you have been able to leverage the software to handle the operational day to day of your business. We look forward to growing this partnership!

Thank you!

Roger M.
Business Owner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"Great service & product from start to finish"

Comments: I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at the WTM in London as I was thinking about changing the provider. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] listened to what the needs of my business and was there to support all the way through the data gathering & build of the systems which was great. I spoke to other members of the team and they were equally as helpful and engaged.

Pros: Easy to use and functional software. I like the customer facing product that uses text and email to connect with customers.

Cons: I,m still learning but at the availability seems a little over compliated.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 25/03/2020

Hi Roger -

We hope you are doing well! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience working with our teams, setting you up for success and providing you with the highest quality of support is our priority.

Please let us know if you would like to schedule another training regarding availabilities, I would be happy to set that up.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Matthieu F.
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Powerful and friendly"

Comments: So far so good, happy to use it and great team behind, helping us to improve our business online.

Pros: its connectivity, various options helps feedbacks, friendly user

Cons: Not a master Jedi yet! but it might be hard to configurate it at your image, since many options are offered.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 07/11/2019

Hi Matthieu - thank you for taking the time to give FareHarbor such a great review! We'll get you to master Jedi status in no time. We are always here to help, and never hesitate to reach out! Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Carrie G.
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Overall good product but confusing at first"

Comments: Overall I'm happy with our switch to FareHarbor. The pros out weigh the cons but hoping for more improvements in the future.

Pros: One of the most useful aspects for us has been the ability to send out mass emails to guests using canned messages. This has been super helpful when we have to alert everyone about last minute changes, traffic alerts, etc. Our last booking software we used did not offer this. Also the FareHarbor support team is great. They're friendly, helpful, and responsive. I've called them several times and they've walked me through my questions with patience.

Cons: FareHarbor can be very confusing at first. It definitely takes some time to get used to everything and how to set things up. There are some things that just don't make sense like there should be an easier/quicker way to do what you need to but it's a multi-step weird process instead. The two things that immediately come to mind are converting purchases to gift certificates and redeeming guest gift certificates over the phone. Both of them seem like they should be straight-forwards, press a button, enter a code, etc. but it's confusing and I've needed to call FH support to walk me through how to do these things.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 13/12/2019

Hi Carrie -

Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear you have been able to take advantage of our amazing Support Team and some of the Dashboard's robust features. With that said, we understand that there may be some features that may not be as easy to pick up as others.

I have passed along your feedback internally in case you would like to schedule a training!

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Helen F.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Event based booking software based on a fee charging model"

Comments: Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

Pros: As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

Cons: My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 04/11/2019

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Camilo G.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Fantastic booking system and team"

Comments: The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros: This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons: Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 11/10/2019

Hi Camilo -

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our teams and software have made on growing your business. We will be sure to pass along your high praises internally.

We look forward to many more years of success! Thank you

Shannon S.
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"FareHarbor Has Finger On Pulse of My Business & Like Having One's Own Private Team!"

Comments: I grew up with eTix, moved along with ZERVE (whom I adored) and then came into FareHarbor once ZERVE bit the dust. FareHarbor had some kinks at first but then took the torch and ran with it like a leader well in touch with things. I like that FareHarbor gets that although there's a template or universal aspect to tour businesses, that there are also some like my own that are constantly changing, evolving and pushing the envelope and do more than stay conventional. It means the world that their team is open to my evolution and are willing to work to create new dimensions to their own system to help me fulfill my vision! That's massive and money in the bank!

Pros: Sounds cliche, but it's very organic and "thinks" like someone in the tour industry. It's almost scary! It's like the software knows what I'm thinking at times, stays ahead of me but then other times, it's like I'm teaching it new things. Very collaborative feeling.

Cons: I doubt if anything is dummy proof but this is as close as it can get. I do hope that in the future, they will find a way for me to add some alternative things to the checkout for the customer. I have a product that is related to the traveler experience and would love to have it as a check out option right before they buy the tour tickets or complete the transaction because I feel its like a final sale's plug reminder that they might either jump on board with or be interested enough to go back and review the product's description and be influenced to purchase it last second. Currently its an item for sale but its too separated from where I think it needs to be personally.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 10/06/2019

Hi Shannon -
We can't thank you enough for the positive feedback. We truly do consider you a partner and aim to make your experience with FareHarbor a collaborative one. That said we're always looking for ways to improve so, I'll definitely pass along your hopes for an alternative checkout for your customers. Thank you for your trust in FareHarbor and we look forward to the years of success to come! Mahalo!

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
David S.
Operations Manager
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2018

"Remarkably flexible. Does everything I need it to do. Support people look for ways to help my biz."

Comments: I wrote a review for software that I use. I don't know what Capterra really does, but I might look to see if I can find a substitute for QuickBooks accounting software here.

Pros: Cleverly flexible. Has configurable settings to do all sorts of customizing of available time slots, staffing, pricing, etc. I never run into something I wish it would do that it doesn't already do. I know there are portions I am not even using that would probably benefit me even more. Easy to populate initially. I really don't remember much about that process because the FareHarbor people did most of it for me. The support team calls me from time to time to check if they can help me configure my upcoming seasonal schedule or anything else. Sometimes they contact me to notify me of new features I might be interested in. They spread non-competitive information about their other customers' experiences that might benefit me with regard to managing reviews, working with affiliates, working with concierges, etc. Integrates with Viator and Expedia and other resellers. Has never ever been unavailable.

Cons: It can't be both endlessly configurable/customizable and fast/simple at the same time. So I feel like there are a lot of clicks to get done what I need. I can't think of how to eliminate clicks though without eliminating features. Beyond that, I am reaching for ideas. Perhaps if there were some sort of integration with our QuickBooks accounting software that would be helpful. Because I am on it all day every day, perhaps an android app would be better than accessing it from the browser on my phone, but I am not sure how beneficial that would be. I am unsure how they could do it, but they as a company don't have any web presence that drives visitors to their vendors. Back when Zozi was around, they had a website that steered people to their customers but that was a different business model. I can't complain about the cost. I pay them so little that I wonder how their business model works. But I really have to get creative to think of any shortcomings. None that are software related.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 10/04/2018

David, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2018
Kaitlin L.
Director of Sales and Marketing/Event Planning
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb."

Pros: While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

Cons: One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made in terms of format are quickly resolved by FareHarbor Support. On another note, there are times when we make adjustments in the dashboard ourselves - without the help of customer support. Yet, often those changes still have to be submitted to FareHarbor support staff, so they can make those amendments appear on our website to customers. It feels repetitive. If those small changes could automatically be reflected on the website, we feel both our staff and customer support staff could become more efficient. Finally, there seem to be plenty of features available at FareHarbor of which we users are unaware. For instance, our website was outdated and desperately needed some attention. We weren't aware we could get a website upgrade, or makeover if you will, until a support staff member reached out to us about that possibility directly. Perhaps implementing a list of available features - especially those that are at no additional cost - to all users would be a positive change all around and would ensure use all parties are using FareHarbor to the best of their ability.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 19/03/2018

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

• Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Elisa M.
VP
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017

"Super helpful and friendly staff; this software solves so many problems for us!"

Comments: Online bookings 24/7 is huge for us. Fewer phone calls and a greater ability to focus on providing the product rather than selling.

Pros: It has tremendous functionality. It can be used with very simple business models, as well as very complex ones. I use it for three different companies. One is very basic, bare-bones. The other two are extremely complex, so I have been digging into the myriad of features and functionality over the past three months as we launched it for the two more complex companies. There is a lot to learn for the more complicated businesses (as expected), but once I figured it all out, it all makes sense and I am able to really maximize the functionality. The staff is very responsive and always there to help with questions, problems, and even assigning tasks to them. In addition to providing booking software, they also designed new websites for me for free, which increased the company's visibility online, so our sales have increased. The also have a free online call center (I haven't made use of this yet). They are constantly rolling out new and better upgrades. I am extremely happy with this product and with the staff behind it.

Cons: FareHarbor charges the customer 6% of the gross for online bookings (the customer isn't charged this 6% if they call in and book directly over the phone). I'd like to have the option to absorb that 6% on our end so the customer doesn't pay it. The closest we can get is to offer a 6% online booking discount, but I would prefer the option of allowing us to absorb a portion or all of that 6% on the back end instead. That being said, until I started typing this review, I've never thought of asking them if they would be willing to implement an option like this! I'll be asking tomorrow. Knowing they are constantly improving the product and they do take customer suggestions seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they consider doing this in the future.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 03/05/2017

Thanks for the lovely and detailed review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions!

Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Tony D.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2017

"Finally! Reservations software that makes sense for small business."

Comments: Working with FareHarbor has allowed us to modernize our website and reservations system into something that is appealing to our customers. It's easy to use, it's secure, and allows us to create more revenue through direct bookings and keep our cashflow rather than having to pay fees to a reservation software company.

Pros: Could not be easier to use. Great customer service. FareHarbor constantly upgrades their system and works with us to make improvements. The FareHarbor team responds to issues and inquiries immediately and resolve things appropriately. We have never had an issue go unresolved. They listened to our needs and helped us customize our FareHarbor experience to suit. It has performed near flawlessly for three years. Our online reservations jumped from 6 per month to 25 or so per month almost immediately after deploying FareHarbor. Guests love the interface and ease of use. We love the cost to us (nothing) and the dramatic increase in direct bookings. They also redesigned our website. Updates to our website are only an email away and the end result looks and functions perfectly. We have been approached by many competing software systems over the years and have looked into all of them. None of them can touch FareHarbor.

Cons: We have not come across any "cons" with FareHarbor. Any issues we come across and communicate to FareHarbor are resolved.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 18/05/2017

Wow, Tony! This review is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on FareHarbor. It's always been a pleasure working with your team!!

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2017
Christopher W.
Business Development
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

"Lightyears beyond Bookeo"

Comments: Everything related to booking and reservation management, payment processing, etc.

Pros: Very deep, extensive functionality. It blows me away how much you can do with this software. The level of customization is mind boggling. We were formerly with Bookeo and it was alright, especially considering the low price, but it was quite simplistic and that caused us some frustrations. It was also pretty outdated in the user interface appearance. Fareharbor booking interface looks very slick and it's a lot quicker for customers and reservationists to make bookings. The software on the backend is very powerful and well thought out. You get complete functionality on mobile and iPhone app that you do with desktop. Bookeo was frustrating how watered down their mobile version was. And they said they had zero interest in making an iPhone or Android app. Fareharbor is a "full service" solution the likes of which I have never seen. They have a department that will create a new Wordpress website for you, a dept that works to set up affiliate access so third parties can book through the system without calling you. They integrate seamlessly with Viator/Expedia/etc. They have several teams of people that specialize in different areas. You get a ton of attention as a new customer and they take care of almost all the setup work. If you are the type that doesn't want to learn how to do any of this kinda stuff yourself or you don't have the time to, Fareharbor is a great solution. I was skeptical that any booking software could be THAT much better than another, but it really is.

Cons: I was very excited to hear about all the many impressive features they offer. What I didn't realize is that it takes a lot of effort to set them all up. Granted they can do ALL of the work for you, so you're in no way left on your own with any of it. But it does take time. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person; Bookeo was 100% do-it-yourself and I was fine with that. I'm the type of person that doesn't like asking for help or asking other people to do something for me. I want to figure it out and customize it myself. ...Fareharbor is NOT a do-it-yourself system. You will absolutely need their help for a lot of the features to get set up properly. I tried exploring on my own to set up some customization and there's no way you'd be able to figure out most of the feature setup on your own. To be fair, their software isn't designed to be that way, though. It's not a Squarespace/Wix/Bookeo style product. It's very customizable, and as such, you need their help. It takes some time, dozens of phone calls and emails over the course of weeks (and months, as you fine-tune the deeper features). And there is a learning curve. But the depth of functionality and the extensiveness of their software is worth it in the end. Tech support team is great, always taking calls 24/7 (email response time is kinda slow though). Can't imagine anyone else being better. I see why they have so many customers.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/05/2017

Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience.

We're always looking to balance our catalog of features with overall ease-of-use. But know that we'll be here 24/7 while you learn your way around the more complicated features!

Thanks again,

L B.
Owner/operator
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"WOW, I am SO happy with this system"

Comments: We chose FareHarbor after having issues with our past "#1 Online Booking System," including it's failure to list a calendar when our site was viewed on mobile. I wouldn't have left if not for the stream of failures of the other software, which was pretty nice when it worked... now I'm happy it happened because FareHarbor is amazing. We are an escape room business with 3 themes, 4 rooms, 5 menu selections. It took a few days to get everything dialed in with FareHarbor, now the system saves me so much time and effort. The flexibility is amazing. I was a little worried because, although you can do everything yourself, it seemed you are encouraged not to. I worried this was going to be an issue, but their customer support is top notch. If I want schedules, promotional campaigns, ANYTHING changed, they get it done, and probably faster and smoother than trying to do it myself. Yet I still have the flexibility to easily change and add bookings, dates, prices, availability to individual activities on the schedule on the fly. Two of our rooms can be booked together or separately. We used to put them on schedule separately (book individual rooms this time of day, book pair of rooms for bigger groups that time of day) since if one of the rooms was booked, the two room option was no longer available. With FH both options are on schedule and customer demand drives the calendar selection... if one is chosen, the two room option automatically stops displaying, and the other room can still be booked individually (and visa versa). I saw someone mention the "cost" of the system. We weighed this against other systems and find the cost differences to be pretty much a wash. Their credit card rate is great, especially compared to the cost of going with one of a few other popular escape room booking systems, I would have had to pay for a gateway, route with a merchant's account, pay a variable and mostly higher rate for credit cards... this is all in one and so easy... and a few less things I need to keep track of. Yes, there is a convenience fee for online booking, we absorb this fee into our prices. And really, it's a booking you may not have had were it not for the booking system. They have many features I'm sure (or would hope) other systems have such as auto booking cutoff times, auto email confirmations and reminders, etc. Actual 24 hr cust svc, not "you can contact them 24 hrs a day, leave a message, but not hear back until the next business day."

Pros: Flexibility, ability to change items on the fly and really give the best customer service I can because I can be flexible. I integrate it with my personal calendar so I get the bookings synced right to my phone. The ability to be flexible. Did I mention how flexible it is?

Cons: There are a couple items that are tricky to set up, but why would you when you can just email or call and have them do it. I'm learning to delegate to them, and it's freeing up even more of my time... ok that part's not a con, but the tricky to set up thing is.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 03/04/2017

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review. We hope you know how grateful we are for your support.

Flexible is our favorite word too! We're very excited to hear that we've delivered on that.

If you ever need anything in the future, never hesitate to reach out. 24/7 means 24/7!

- Becca

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Bridgette R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2016

"Life Changing!"

Comments: My husband and I co-own our tour and have been open for about 10 years. We currently have about 5-7 additional guides, depending on the season. As our tour grew, as well as our number of employees, it was impossible to stay on top of everything that needed to be done. Thanks to FareHarbor, we have been able to free up time, and begin to grow our tour again! Outside of our outstanding guides, nothing has helped us to grow and manage our tour as much as Fareharbor!

Pros: Easy to edit tours. Updating tour times and dates is simple. Guide assignment, helps us and the tour guides keep track of their schedule. Tour guides can check people in, and we can see it in live time. Cost is low and very much worth the money. Clean web integration, and it blends nicely within our website. Customer information is easily available and easy to change, rebook, refund, etc. Very easy to track past reservations and customer info. Top notch customer service; they have actually taken the time to create items specifically for our company.

Cons: On the cons, there are only a few items that honestly are tailored more to just my specific needs. I wish there were more restrictions for tour guides. I would like to prevent them from changing certain settings, especially the ability to change and see other tour guide info. My other request is for a wider range of reporting. I would specifically like to be able to see the monthly breakdown by: the tour guides who led the tour, as well as the number people on the tour, and the method of payment broken down by cash/cc. In other words, we need to see how much money the tour guide collected for one month and how many people attended their tours. A small amount of tech experience is helpful but not required.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2016
Terry D.
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2016

"Excellent Software and Customer Service"

Comments: We have been a tour business providing tours since 2009 and have tried many reservation systems. Fare Harbor was the first reservation system we used that works the way we do. We have had frustrations with other systems that seem to not understand how a tour business operates or didn't give us the flexibility we needed. From the very start, Fareharbor was great to work with in getting everything setup properly, even helping us transition during the middle of a busy season. Their integration with Viator allows us to sell out many tour dates which has really helped sales.

Pros: I'll bullet point my favorite features. Designed the way we work from the bottom up. Allows us to assign tour guides with ease and notify them about these assignments and send out reminders. Having tour buses, I really like being able to create a route and assign a pickup time to hotels. This information is listed on the confirmation so we no longer have to call each customer to give them a pickup time like our our old system. Booking is quick and easy from the back end I like the ability to see upcoming bank deposits with ease. Deposits have always been made on time, helping us gauge cash flow. I like being able to add internal memos and notes to each customer for special requirements on tour. Review reminders being sent out a few days after our tours have helped increase our ranking on Tripadvisor. Low merchant fees for taking credit cards

Cons: I would like the ability to see a net price for Viator reservations, not the retail price in our reports. I would like the ability to reduce the ticketing fee that is charged to our customer, by either splitting it or even having us absorb it, and being able to test sales this way. Customers often go to Viator after hitting our reservation system to make their final bookings.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2016
Matt G.
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Strong customer service and easy to use software"

Comments: Its certainly cut out any of the occasional blips I used to have with my previous custom built booking system so it has given me peace of mind. I initially was concerned that customers would be put off by the booking fee but I haven't noticed a drop in purchases.
The site has been robust and customer service has been top notch with one exception when Fareharbor took a long time to deal with a GDPR request. I have been assured that this will not happen again.
So overall I would recommend Fareharbor.

Pros: It feels pretty intuitive and is targeted towards the tour industry so pretty much all of the features I require are already here.

Cons: Very little to be honest. Occasionally something comes up but their customer service department helps out pretty swiftly.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 06/11/2019

Hi Matt - we are so glad to hear that FareHarbor has brought some ease into your business operations over at Fun London Tours! Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, and don't hesitate if anything should come up in the future.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Addyson R.
ZipTour Supervisor
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2016

"Great reservations system from the first season"

Comments: Implementing Fareharbor as a new program went really well, thanks entirely to the exceptional customer service support (shout-out to Raleigh and Mikaela). They were always available by phone and email and training went very smoothly. I was thoroughly impressed that Mikaela was involved and aware of events occurring within our department, and sent her condolences and her support. Because of this, Fareharbor feels more like a partnership than a "client" type relationship.
The actual program is very user-friendly which was a significant selling point for me. It is also easily implemented across other departments at our resort. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the functionality and overall performance of Fareharbor.

Pros: It is very user friendly for front-end staff
Mobile version is great
Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL and they have a thorough knowledge of the program.
Permissions are easily customized across users. This was a huge bonus, and has been very helpful so we can limit access to those who do not need it.
Affiliate set-up is easy, and has a very fluid application. I have been very pleased with how we are able to implement partnerships with this program.
They are consistently working to update the program.

Cons: Discounts are not easily implemented. We consistently have to find "work arounds"
The automated emails do not allow for customization. Different departments use the automated confirmation email, but the resort address and contact information HAS to remain the same across departments. It makes it difficult for guests to contact us.
Smartwaiver is minimally integrated. Our last reservation system automatically imported name, height, and weight from the waivers. This was a huge perk, and did not come with Fareharbor. We were promised that programming would work on it, but we have not seen results.
There were not P2P Card readers for the desktop version of Fareharbor. Because of this, we had to purchase 3 iPads and use the mobile app in order to be PCI compliant for customer credit card security.
Invoicing has to be done manually. It cannot be scheduled to happen automatically each month.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2016
Bond R.
Manager/Tour Guide
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2017

"At the end of the day, Fare Harbor does everything we absolutely need and works seamlessly."

Comments: Still getting benefits. Can't say enough about super responsive customer service. If you need something and they can do it, they will do it.

Pros: convenience. negligible downtime. once it's set up, super easy to use. Extremely responsive customer service whether you call or email and some of the fastest email customer service I have ever seen. They know their product - no matter who you work with. Don't see what you need? just ask them. They've done a lot of "custom" (for lack of a better word) work so we can better accommodate our needs. Any company using reservations can afford this platform. Continuously one of the highest rated among reservation platforms. Reporting system. User permissions. You name it, Fare Harbor can do it.

Cons: There are only two things I can say I like the least - 1) FareHarbor would save a million man hours if they would offer the fareharbor credit card slider that connects to your phone, like Square. Having to manually enter all the credit card info when on-site for walkups or partial payments can slow me down considerably. and 2) More robust crew scheduling abilities. For example, I'd like my guests to be able to request specific tour guides - so ability to assign crew to specific customers would be very helpful for me. I don't dislike the new reports, but I definitely like the old Legacy reports better. I don't use many reports in fareharbor but the ones I do, I prefer the older Legacy. The new reports are not showing any private or locked tours in reports.

by FareHarbor Holdings on 08/05/2017

Bond,

Thanks for taking the time to us a review! We really appreciate the candid feedback.

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always available.