• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Resource Guru

Web-based resource scheduling app with leave management, personal dashboards, clash management, team visibility and collaboration.

Learn more about Resource Guru

Isabella H.
Traffic coordinator
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule."

Comments: Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros: I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc. I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed. I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons: It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

by Resource Guru on 27/11/2019

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

Happy scheduling!

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Business analyst
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Glorified spreadsheet"

Comments: Causes more problems than it solves. We used to use a spreadsheet, it was much better than this.

Pros: Nothing at all. It has no redeeming qualities.

Cons: Allows you to book time without tasks. When asked to change this was told couldn't because some companies want that function, ie it isn't an option as it should be. The drop downs are fiddle and make it easy to select a blank, but doesn't warn you. Can't toggle between scrolling list and typing to search without cl king out of area. You have a set number of hours per day you need to book but it doesn't highlight those that are short- you have to hover to see remaining time but that function doesn't work properly, resulting in multiple clicks to get it to trigger. Colour by project doesn't actually do it, I'm on 6 projects yet only see 2 colours. Can push to calendar but not pull- useless function as meetings are booked in calendar to allow invites, you want guru to pull that data in to autofill. Though it is web based it is impossible to use on a mobile. The popups are always off screen, making it impossible to use - mobile friendly websites have been around for a very long time, lazy to not have it here, particularly as would allow people who are on the road to log their time on he go. Not worth the hassle even if free.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Marc H.
VP, Director of Operations and Project Management
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"Kudos"

Comments: As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros: The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons: The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

by Resource Guru on 11/11/2019

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Jon M.
Senikor Director PMO
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Useful too for transparency across teams"

Comments: Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros: I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons: I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

by Resource Guru on 22/11/2019

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Patricia P.
Senior Project Manager / Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Very helpful, easy and friendly interface. Good value for money too""

Comments: I have been using for a few years now and Resource Guru is a really good software with easy and friendly interface. Since it was updated it got even better. The whole team likes it and we've never had any sort of doubts or problems with this software. It naturally became part of workflow.

Pros: You can add clients and project and move things around very easily with drag and drop functionality. The look and feel and their calendar is extremely helpful and clear. With RG you can schedule people and easily manage annual leave, sick leave, and hours dedicated to each task, client or project. We never required any sort of training and the whole team was able to start using straightaway.

Cons: It would be nice to have a Project view. To make it easier on the hours management on a project basis.

by Resource Guru on 01/03/2021

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
A more project-oriented view is definitely on our roadmap for the near future. In the meantime, you may find the Projects section of the Reports useful for tracking time booked on projects.

If there's anything else we can do to help please just let us know.

Michelle

• Reviewed on 22/02/2021
Brittany L.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Resource Guru is amazing!"

Pros: This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

Cons: I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Mark W.
Operations Manager
Information Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"All I need"

Comments: Overall the software is excellent and does everything we need it to do, we have just recently increased its use within the business and it has become the central hub for all resource info

Pros: Its easy to use and the reports I can get from it allow my whole team to see the resource status

Cons: It can sometimes be a bit fiddly when moving tasks and the accuracy required by the mouse moves

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Nikki K.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"A great way of organising your day"

Pros: That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Cons: The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

by Resource Guru on 17/01/2018

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability.

You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability.

You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590

I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help!

• Reviewed on 15/01/2018
James B.
Account Manager
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Review of Guru"

Comments: Good overall. Easy to see projects scheduled in our design studio and what projects are looked after by each account manager. Search function is great. Also makes looking at our capacity and future schedule much easier. Anything moving around is instantly updated.

Pros: Easy to update. Colours for each account manager. Easy to plan schedules and build timelines on larger project. Good to see overall capacity and amount of time already scheduled in / availability.

Cons: Would prefer more navigation function (zoom, click and drag

by Resource Guru on 20/11/2019

Hi James

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we offer different zoom settings and you can learn about them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942101-zooming-in-and-out

You can also right click and drag to move around your schedule, or use a touchpad or arrow keys as well as the scroll bars.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do to help at any point, please just let me know :)

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Mark B.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2021

"How RG helps to streamline job planning for CIM Signs"

Comments: its been ground breaking to move forward with technology - the whole team can see whats going on, you can amend stuff wherever you are, planning work and moving it about easily is such a luxury

Pros: one place that all can see to plan work and its simple

Cons: it would be nice to be able to search a particular job and see everywhere that it is booked in, even if listed. it would also be awesome to be able to break a job down in to all its component parts with times, then allocate to people in different departments - ie 1 hours design, 15 mins ordering product, 2 hours making, 4 hours fitting - they could all be one job, but using different people (resources)

• Reviewed on 26/03/2021
Bettina C.
Operations Director
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Creative department"

Comments: Love the product but would like to see some more detail in the functionality

Pros: how it looks in calendar view, the simple drag and drop of booking.

Cons: would like the option to customise the order of appearance (ie drag and drop). it also desperately needs an App! Could also do with the ability to customise the height of the rows so you can fit more in one view (I have 48 people I need a birds eye view of and the row height is a bit of a waste of space). Also the dashboard doesn't have wait list on it which is a pain for users. The reports are a it archaic as well so would like some more options there.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Will B.
Technical Support
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Guru Review"

Pros: Easy to set up different types of Projects. You can slide from page to page.

Cons: Hard to schedule two or more projects in a day.

by Resource Guru on 24/04/2020

Hi Will,
Thanks for sharing your review.
Sorry to hear you struggled to schedule more than two projects a day. You can schedule as many projects as you like, as long as the bookings fit within your resources availability. You can learn more about booking clashes here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942080-booking-clashes-the-waiting-list-overtime-and-capacity-planning

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Michelle

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Mats N.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Guru"

Pros: Easy overview of daily and weekly tasks.

Cons: As just auser it's impossible to move (or remove) my own scheduled events

by Resource Guru on 14/02/2020

Hi Mats

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that you can edit or delete bookings which have been made for you if you have sufficient permissions. I'd recommend speaking to an administrator in your account to request increased permissions if required.

If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know!

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
SAG/AFTRA Stuntwoman
Animation
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Great app - looking forward to increased functionality"

Pros: It allows my team to update resource use on their own schedule, and eliminates hours of my time in schedule and team management. I also love that I can archive resources when they are temporarily inactive, therefore saving money.

Cons: What I would like to see in the future:
1. Ability to get daily "Meeting Room" email or report of usage. (Ability to set the time that this occurs would also be helpful)
2. For events that an administrator assigns to a booker, it would be great if the booker could also edit the event.
3. Allow for same-day event schedule changes to notify the resource.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Mark J.
Student Media Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2015

"Great tracking, greater accountability"

Pros: Resource Guru has been fantastic to work with. They have always had excellent customer service, their product is easy to use, and the bills are on-time and consistent. At this point, Resource Guru is a staple program for our college TV station.

Cons: The only thing that I would change would be allowing for custom fields on resource checkouts as a standard. There is currently a large text box for any comments, but it would be great to have the ability to name and create one line text options if you use them for every checkout.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2015
Sally C.
East Midlands Planner
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"My Guru Review"

Comments: Great ! Very easy to use.

Pros: Makes our scheduling process a lot more streamlined as we were previously using a spreadsheet for our gang availability previously. It also now means that our Operations Team also have visability & can book dates in directly while they are on site with customers

Cons: There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Fred J.
IT and Business Admin
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"A breath of fresh air....."

Pros: Its flexibility, take a quick peek at all your resources weeks ahead . The filters, the reports.

Cons: So far, I would like to have assignment notifications, not automatically, but it will be nice if I could choose to send or not an official assignment notification.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
International Channel Manager
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Fast and simply tool"

Comments: I usually need to add, move and delete resource bookings. The tool satisfies this need very well.

Pros: great platform for planning and resource scheduling. It is clear and easy to use.

Cons: There isn't anything I do not like but I need to say that I just use it for resource bookings and this works great

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Lidija B.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Excellent. Love it."

Pros: This software is very easy to use. I like the new option with assigning a Project IDs. The email notifications are great as well. I also like that we can schedule sick days and vacations days.

Cons: I really wish this software would have a UNDO option. Sometimes instead of a copy I would drag and move the item from one person to another. Also, I like the notifications, but I wish we could schedule them to arrive at different time, not at midnight.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Steve B.
User Experience Lead
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2019

"An adequate calendaring tool for resource management"

Comments: We use Resource Guru to manage the utilization/booking of our research facilities. This works well for us as we have a small number of facilities we manage. I cannot offer a recommendation for/against this project for large numbers of resources (>10) as it might be cumbersome at that point. For our limited resource pool, it works well.

Pros: The interface is simple to use and understand with respect to resource availability and conflict. It serves its purpose well.

Cons: New feature rollout is buggy. When I switched between the "beta" ("new") experience back to the classic, I received a nagging email from the company telling me I had recently logged in using the "classic" experience and it would eventually be discontinued, and that I should try out the "new" experience. This product is basically a shared calendar, and while it offers reporting that is a hybrid somewhere between Microsoft Outlook and Project, it's a bit too pushy with respect to new features.

by Resource Guru on 22/10/2019

Hi Steve

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Resource Guru! I'm sorry that you felt our message regarding the new schedule was a bit pushy or potentially buggy. We needed to share this message because the old schedule will shortly be retired, and we didn't want people to be taken by surprise by that. As long as you click the cross to close the message, it won't reappear for you.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to reassure you about the new schedule. It's a vast improvement on the old one - it's been completely rebuilt from the ground up to provide lightning fast scheduling, infinite scrolling, lots of enhancements including elastic overtime, and it's just as stable for incredibly large teams as it is for very small ones.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other feedback or questions we'd love to hear from you!

• Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Jon R.
Co-Founder and Company Director
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Great User Experience"

Comments: Great experience, it has simplified a number of administrative tasks

Pros: Ease of Use, Mobility, Data Downloads, Scheduling, Transparency

Cons: Currently it does not support Project Rates - using a work around for this

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Christie P.
Senior Producer, US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"so easy and intuitive"

Pros: I love using Resource Guru to schedule our team's time. It's so easy to learn and use. Being web-based, I can use it from anywhere, which is a major lpus.

Cons: I wish I could make tasks recurring, but that's not a major drawback. Also, it would be nice to be able to see more detail of each task without clicking into it. But in a way, it's simplicity is better than fancy functionality.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Jill S.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Scheduling review"

Pros: Scheduling is easy and accessible for all users

Cons: Can't copy and paste for multiple peoples schedule on the same job. Have to enter schedule for each individual person.

Ashley S.
Administrative Supervisor
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2020

"Solved our Resource Balancing Challenges"

Pros: Having a tool that can identify both heavy and light work loads is something we struggled with in the past but with Resource Guru we can easily identify gaps and improve overall resource balancing and productivity.

Cons: We haven't run into any issues with the software but do have to remind staff to use it.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2020
Sean W.
Software Consultant
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"Resource guru"

Comments: It is a good experience

Pros: The ease of use.
View of all the resourses at once
Good functionality

Cons: The pricing is just a bit step to put our complete team on.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021