Filter by:

• Overall

About Resource Guru

Web-based resource scheduling app with leave management, personal dashboards, clash management, team visibility and collaboration.

Learn more about Resource Guru

Leticia M.
Queen Pixie
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us"

Comments: I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros: 1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons: The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Alternatives Considered: ClickTime, Basecamp and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru: It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

by Resource Guru on 26/09/2019

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Lara H.
Senior conceptual Creative designer
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2019

"Review from a user perspective"

Comments: Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pros: Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Cons: The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

by Resource Guru on 28/11/2019

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

• Reviewed on 27/11/2019
Elom G.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Resource Guru - RMT"

Comments: We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Pros: Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Cons: Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

by Resource Guru on 13/02/2020

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Kathryn H.
Technical Sales Specialist
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2021

"We got more than what we expected!"

Comments: We've solved our equipment booking issue and couldn't be happier!

Pros: The interface is intuitive and easy to adopt into our daily routine. Our company has a collection of instruments that were being double booked or under utilized, because our previous scheduling method was murky and unclear. Now, we've avoided double bookings and can complete client work more efficiently. The most exciting thing about this software is that we keep finding ways to enhance our understanding of our operations (materials and labor costs, in particular) as we use the software. This will help us not only get client work done on time, but give us a more accurate representation of overall project costs.

Cons: I would like a feature that allows us to upload a protocol or document to the booking.

by Resource Guru on 15/06/2021

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) It's not currently possible to host your documents in Resource Guru but we do have plans to let you do this in future. In the meantime, you could host your documents online somewhere like Google Drive, then add the direct link to the relevant booking/resource/project/client in Resource Guru. All links in Resource Guru are clickable, so with just one click your team will be able to see the documents you want to share with them.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Amanda H.
Events Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2021

"Resource Guru"

Comments: Really enjoyed it, easy system to work on very self explanatory

Pros: Friendly, very easy to use, and adaptable to my needs. Really enjoy the new things that come out regularly

Cons: Integration with other apps
No undo feature

by Resource Guru on 06/09/2021

Hi Amanda

Thanks for leaving your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that an undo button is very firmly on our roadmap for the future. I also wanted to mention that you can indeed connect Resource Guru with the other tools you use to run your business. You can build custom integrations using our API if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api.

We also offer a Zapier integration which lets you connect Resource Guru with more than 3,000 other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

• Reviewed on 03/08/2021
Eric S.
Head of buildings and structures
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2021

"Great Tool"

Comments: it have been very positive. I implemented this across or company to get some visibility on our resource allocation. it have worked well and is not very expensive.

Pros: very easy to use and the calander view is great give me a sense of what is going on 2, 3, 4 weeks out.

Cons: would like to have a feature that allows the employee to be able to mark a task or a project complete, which would than send a notification back to me or the PM that they are available to do additional works.

Alternatives Considered: Float and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: functionality, easy of use than the price.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2021
Steve C.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial."

Comments: Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

Pros: The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities.
It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products.
Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place.
A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

Cons: It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Terri H.
Director of Operations, Education Services
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2021

"Love this tool"

Comments: When I took over my role as class scheduler, our team was using a very outdated, manually intensive, spreadsheet. I looked at a number of scheduling applications, and so many of them are strictly hourly schedulers when I primarily needed a simpler daily view. We organized by class taught (projects) and type of delivery (clients). I have everything organized by billable/non-billable, color coordination of clients and have just a couple of admins while the rest of my team uses a single login to simply view the schedule when needed. We LOVE this tool, viewing/using it multiple times a day and are also now leveraging the reporting features.

Pros: Flexible, configurable, easy for non admins to use

Cons: Would like to be able to see details of an entry when hovering over it, more color options, more categories like products/clients that could be filtered or organized by

• Reviewed on 04/01/2021
Rachel M.
Events Manager
Events Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2020

"Great Software, too expensive"

Comments: Good software and with a few tweaks/improvements it would be great but works out to be too expensive for large groups of resources.

Pros: Really easy to use and makes all resource planning very visible. Highlights the problem areas and upcoming projects really well

Cons: It turned out to be far too expensive for a fairly small company to justify. There was limited functionality around moving/altering/copying lines and resources input although the team are looking into this. The colours are limited for the lines also, which may seem like a small thing but the colours help to show visually what is planned. It would also be handy to be able to zoom in and out more to see full years as well as weeks.

Alternatives Considered: Hub Planner and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: It was easier to make alterations and move resource around. It's worth noting we have reverted back to Excel due to expense and no longer use Resource Guru

• Reviewed on 09/01/2020
Sue P.
Training Lead
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2021

"Great Application"

Pros: Very easy to use, great view of the teams calendars

Cons: Needs more advanced functionality, an undo button and some audit facilities.

by Resource Guru on 15/06/2021

Hi Sue

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release an undo button and an activity log in the future, and this will make it easy for you to analyse any changes in your account. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this helps! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can help you with at any point.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2021
James R.
project manager
Media Production, 501-1,000 Employees

"Part-Time Power-house planning"

Comments: Resource Guru has allowed us to keep track of many, many freelancers and zero hours staffs availability over a number of projects across different business divisions. This allows us to share staff easier and takes work out of scheduling and at times saves us hiring and instead lets us give others new opportunities

Pros: Recently my favourite feature has been the ability to organise groups of people into teams. It really helps with quickly identifying shifts and availability in mine and others teams.

Cons: Our issue is the time availability settings. Our work is set across multiple projects that have ever changing start times outside of the'9-5'. Since we mainly use it for operational shifting rather than day to day planning, we have to set everybody as available 12 am to 12pm everyday.

Kevin R.
Creative Director
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"The Best Way to Manage my Creative Team"

Comments: I use it daily to monitor the workflow of my team and to assign new projects. It’s also a great tool to review work that has been produced across our different broadcast channels over the past year. I can see each week at a glance and click into each project for more detail. It’s a great tool to see who is across each project and who is on leave. The best tool we have for maintaining a steady workflow that is visible to various stakeholders.

Pros: At a glance I can see daily what each member of my creative team are working on. I can manage the flow of work easily and see where the availability is for more work to be assigned. The software is easy to use and the best I’ve used in my 25 yrs of working in television.

Cons: There’s currently nothing that I don’t like.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Amy B.
Manager, PMO

"Guru Review"

Comments: Very good and wasy

Pros: The scheduling look with the bar graphs.

Cons: Capacity is tough to really gage what is happening from a project level.

Alternatives Considered: MeisterTask

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: There were a few more and I don’t recall the names. The other tools were very expensive.

Nil P.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Just works"

Pros: It's online, live, easy to use and easy to update, GUI is nice, all information is easy in a GANTT style.

Cons: Not available on a phone!!! Needs an app, some copy paste/duplicate features could be added. Should sync better to iCal and be updatable from iCal to RG.

by Resource Guru on 19/01/2018

Hi Nil

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely copy and paste in Resource Guru - just use SHIFT+drag. You'll find a demonstration of this and other handy tips in our Help Center here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/topics/839971-little-tips/articles

I also wanted to let you know that dedicated mobile apps and two way calendar sync are firmly on our roadmap :)

Thanks again, and please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can do to help!

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Tom L.
Project manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"A must have for team management"

Comments: Great! Customer service has been very attentive in assisting us in getting setup on the platform and we have received positive feedback from our team

Pros: This Resource Guru platform has an intuitive design which makes it easy to use from both the administration end right through to the user. We have found it easy to implement across our external subcontractor workforce.

Cons: Compatibility to sync RG with other calendars

by Resource Guru on 29/04/2021

Hi Tom

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) Resource Guru currently offers a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar. It's not currently possible to send your external calendar events into Resource Guru, but we do have plans to offer 2 way syncing in future. I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it!

Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do to help :)

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Jason W.
Technical Account Manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Simple and easy to use"

Pros: Simple and easy to use, with a friendly user experience that also works on mobile

Cons: Would be great to have Outlook, OpenAir, or Workday integration which we also use

by Resource Guru on 29/04/2020

Hi Jason,

thanks for sharing your feedback! We actually offer a one way calendar sync which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2439382-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Berend L.
Director of Performance and Engagement
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Operational efficiancy for dummys"

Comments: Guru gives operational daily business structure and capacity to act efficiently by:
showing the utilisation of your staff, centralising capacity planning, including relevant information and saving time because its so easy to handle ...

Pros: Super easy capacity planning - Who does what in which time ...
Drag & Drop
Colorcodes
Get all at one glance
Filter for views

Cons: In our case ... its not compatible to EasyJob

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Maggie A.
VP Operations & Client Services
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Best resourcing tool with an even better customer service team!"

Comments: The customer services was incredible and has left a lasting impression on our organization! I would not switch my tool to anything else!

Pros: I love how easy and simple Guru is to use. We spent so many years searching for a tool to fit our needs and only Guru could do what we needed - and better yet, it is so reasonably priced!

Cons: I can't think of anything about the tool that I don't love!

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Shradha J.
Associate Graphic Designer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Resourceguru App"

Pros: Like the features, on time reminders on emails. Its color scheme is good as well.

Cons: Sometimes when copy pasting some part from text on pop-up, its copy icon overlaps, so we need to try selecting again. Also it would be helpful if we can add a tab which shows recent used filters which remains for few days : at times when you are scheduled on a project with selected team members, then on another project with different team, you can easily access those previous used filters.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Erika M.
Senior Lab Manager
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2021

"We needed a better way to track our resources"

Comments: So far, Resource Guru has saved us a great deal of hassle with just the equipment booking time alone. The reporting features were just frosting on the cake.

Pros: As our company grew, we needed a better way for people to get organized access to equipment. We needed to be able to request help from our support staff. Resource Guru was our solution and it was very well received. It has surpassed it's intended use because of how great the reporting and analytics are. We have since incorporated Resource Guru's easy-to-pull reports in our quarterly project accounting.

Cons: I would love to see Resource Guru support the ability to upload documents. It would be wonderful to have a single place for our employees to go to find the manuals or protocols they need for the equipment they are booking. It would be great to have our quotes able to be uploaded into the projects. Especially for the price. We have a good amount of Resources, and since you are charged per Resource, it would be great if the software was less of a "uni-tasker".

Stephen M.
Snr Development Engineer
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2020

"Excellent for time recording"

Comments: Works very well. New features are directed to the user and have been thoroughly thought through.

Pros: Easy to record time against different projects/customers.

Cons: Reporting is powerful but misses some core details like how much time is remaining on a certain customer (for fixed price, or limited POs)

• Reviewed on 08/12/2020
Daniela A.
Instructional Designer
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"User-friendly"

Comments: Resource Guru is very easy to use and it helps us plan our schedule very quickly. Is also offers us very helpful filters.

Pros: Resource Guru is very user-friendly and it also looks beautiful.

Cons: I like everything about it. Maybe other people could use a few extra features, but for me it's perfectly fine.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Andee M.
Product Admin Assist
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2018

"Resource Guru is an amazing tool for us! Special thanks for helping us restore our account."

Pros: I love that Resource Guru allows anyone with an ID to create a booking. this helps our Production team keep tabs on equipment / what is being used and what is not being used in an efficient manner. Customer Service has been outstanding & prompt. Even around the holiday season. Thanks again Guru and crew, you have an outstanding product and a fabulous support team. Special shout out to Kat who helped us out in a tight spot recently.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2018
Tom M.
Presedent
Maritime, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Resource Guru for scheduling technicians"

Comments: We used Resource Guru to replace our whiteboard scheduling system and it works amazingly well. The simplicity of use is what made it stand out from other products and is what has allowed it to work so well for our application.

Pros: The simplicity of adding and editing projects is the biggest strength of Resource Guru

Cons: The lack of a smartphone or tablet app
Search functionality is weak

Mike B.
Executive Director - Consulting
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

"Simplified resource management"

Comments: Resource Guru has taken us from an old Excel spreadsheet that was highly inaccurate, and moved us onto a web based platform that is very intuitive and graphically depicts who is working on what.

Pros: Resource Guru provides a simple, intuitive UI to help me manage a global team's assignments.

Cons: I can't assign multiple resources to the project. I have to set up the project, then go 1 by 1 through each resource and assign them individually.