• Overall

About Intercom

Build better customer relationships with the #1-rated Business Messenger.

Learn more about Intercom

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Intercom before?

Naor M.
CTO in Israel
Internet, 11-50 Employees

I like the company

5 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like the way they teach. Their book and the product

Cons:

In my opinion the product is very expensive

2 weeks ago

Hi Naor - thanks for taking the time to leave Intercom a review and letting us know what you like about our product. It's great to hear that you like the way we teach - our product education team will be happy to hear that! Sorry to hear that you find our product expensive, we try to create a pricing model that reflects the value of our product while letting both our businesses to succeed. We know that the same pricing model doesn't suit everyone at the same time, hopefully you will continue to see the benefit in Intercom at the price point you're paying. Thanks, Eabha (Customer Engagement)

Blake P.
Blake P.
Co-Founder & COO in Canada

Very helpful support and customer onboarding tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall they have been awesome on support and the tool is incredibly helpful. I will continue to use them for years to come.

Pros:

I love how we could integrate chat directly into our application for our customers. The help center is very nice for our customers and the reports really help us understand how our team is doing.

Cons:

Some of the functionality is a little difficult to setup especially around the tracking of specific features utilized on our platform. I also can get a little frustrated with the routing of messages, it can override the rules you put in place.

2 years ago

Hi Blake, Thanks for sharing your Intercom experience, I'm so happy to hear you'll be with us for years to come! I'll be passing your feedback about tracking and message routing on to our product team. If you'd like to add any further detail or context do get in touch via the Messenger :) Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Tito C.
Freelancer in El Salvador
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

The best option for LIVE CHAT and Support

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Intercom is the lease in the industry and that’s because is the best in Livechat and support software. I’ve tried a lot of services before, cheap and expensive and I can say intercom worth every penny and it’s the option that has given to me the best results.

Cons:

Nothing found until now. It’s really complete and well done solution.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review Tito. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you drive results for your business. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Matthew B.
Lead UX/UI Designer in US

A consolidated place for a lot of our support & customer success needs

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall, Intercom has been very useful to our support team in consolidating systems and enabling us to respond to clients quickly and resolve their issues.

Pros:

I particularly like Intercom's Inbox module. It supplies our support team with most of the tools they need to help our clients quickly, and share context with other team members. The chat experience is top notch both internally for our team and for our clients. Intercom's reporting is informative, specifically for tracking response times segmented by chat or email, or both. Intercom's Articles feature for help docs helps us consolidate tools even more and makes it really easy to forward relevant articles to our clients quickly, while maintaining a consistent brand feel.

Cons:

Intercom's campaigns (now Series) feature can be tricky to set up. Specifically, the sending logic can be confusing and is prone to accidents in our experience (i.e. accidentally sending to the wrong audience). Messages inside of campaigns/series don't always seem to get sent out when they should. This means that some of our clients don't get messages at the right time (i.e. they get a welcome email 2 days after they sign up instead of immediately after signing up). For new team members, Intercom has proven to be a little difficult to learn fully.

6 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to review Intercom Matthew! It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you consolidate your support systems and speed up resolutions. I'll make sure to send you feedback regarding our Series product and onboarding/training experience to the relevant teams here as we really do value these insights. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Thomas Y.
Thomas Y.
Lead Technical Support Engineer in US
Wireless, 51-200 Employees

I'm so glad we switched to Intercom!

5 3 years ago

Comments: It is a tool that was built by its users, meaning the people who build it also use it. I can begin to describe how important this is.
They have not limited themselves to what others are doing and have rethought the entire process f customer support to build what everyone wanted. A useful, effective tool which makes customer support fun to do as a job as well as receive. We often get asked by our customers what support tool we use. We love intercom!!

Pros:

It's a tool that gives you what you need and it does it well. They are ahead of the game in all ways. It makes customer success seamless and proactive. It's a multi-tool. It's changed the way people perceive customer support because it makes it fast, effective and fun. They write their own books (Awesome!) and they host seminars to help use the tools better.

Cons:

They take a while to release new features, this is no surprise as companies will need different things. It does not have a merging tool to link conversations to the person already in the system. Sometimes you get duplicate leads/users. They can take a while to respond to support inquiries. They changed their pricing structure which, when it was priced per lead and not per agent, made intercom stand out

Charlotte G.
Business Development Manager in UK

Intercom is everything you need for customer support

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I love intercom, I think its fab it works as a CRM, customer support centre, integrates with our payment gateways keeping refunds and payment queries in one place. I'm very impressed they've launched product tours think that its going to be a huge feature for them.

Cons:

I would like intercom to do more in terms of partnerships and working with companies to grow. I recommend intercom to all of our enterprise clients some with 10,000+ users but there is no referral incentive scheme. I have enquired about this a few times and applied for the partnership program but I haven't had a response

Lucy B.
Front end web developer in US

Just awesome

5 5 years ago

Comments: Intercom sets a new standard for software. Our team relies on it heavily for communication with our userbase and for note taking on issues. It's got really useful integrations to link to other efficiency tools for software teams as well. The team behind it is really helpful and answers support questions quickly and thoroughly. They also practice a lot of transparency so it is a company that feels good to work with and support. They're rolling out improvements constantly and keep their userbase informed about them. They also use the tool themselves and its nice to work with a company that "eats their own dog food", as the saying goes. The one thing that is confusing about their platform is the differentiation between their different product lines. We've been with them for years and maybe it is clearer for new accounts what they're using, but for us we often scratch our heads over whether or not we've got access to something. Other than that, amazing product for communicating with new and old users alike! Couldn't recommend more highly.

Pros:

Great support team, constant improvements, easy communication with users and tracking over time, nice segmentation of customer base, great integrations for software teams

Cons:

Hard to understand the differentiation between their product lines

Founder & CTO in Canada
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

An Excellent Support Platform

4 2 years ago

Comments: Great product, excellent customer support. Not many

Pros:

Enjoy the integration with Help Articles, the ability to send targeted campaigns based on app engagement. Love that they offer special pricing for Startups. Lots of room to grow into the Intercom platform.

Cons:

Their pricing model does not fit all business models well and can be difficult to understand. It can get costly quickly depending on how many products you choose and your business model.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review Intercom. I'm so happy to hear you found our Early Stage Program so helpful :) We always try to align our pricing with the value customers are seeing from our product so I've made sure to pass your feedback on to our team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Michael G.
Michael G.
Content Editor in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Extremely useful software

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Easy to manage contacts and customers, create events and automations, etc. Also has strong integrations with a lot of other tools we use. It's great for being able to manage users of our SaaS, and contact them via email or a message within our app. Great for creating automated support, too—this saves our support team a lot of time and means they don't waste time dealing with repetitive and simple queries.

Cons:

It gets pretty pricey if you have a lot of active contacts, so would definitely recommend utilizing a different software for managing marketing emails and leads, etc.

5 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to review and recommend Intercom Michael! It's great to hear our tools and integrations have been so helpful at saving your team time. We always aim to align the costs you pay with the value you see so I'll flag your pricing feedback with the appropriate team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Founder in India
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

One software that follow the complete journey of a site visitor and interact with them

5 2 years ago

Comments: Have gathered fair amount of success with Intercom. If you are looking for a professional looking website chat, email marketing and self service solution you are at the right place.

Pros:

- Best live website chat software in the industry. - Great at following a visitor whether through chat, email or support desk. - Allows you to use bots when a agent is not available. - Great UI/UX.

Cons:

They need to work on the pricing model. It can really begin to hurt startups or small companies when they are ready to scale up. Apart from that their documentation can be improved a bit.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for leaving us this review. It's always great to hear when customers are seeing success with our products! I'd love to hear more feedback on how we can improve our documentation so please do get in touch via the Messenger. The team can also help review your pricing options as we always aim to align costs with the value you're seeing. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Project Manager in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

A Patchwork Of Valuable Tools

4 3 years ago

Comments: Built out automations for email & on site communications. Engaged with customers and leads real time online.

Pros:

Intercom’s initial purpose was to support on-site chat. They do this exceptionally well. They’ve branched from there into other things in the customer engagement and marketing automation worlds, and do most of what they offer very well. All their tools are also well designed and mostly intuitive which is a big plus for me. They’ve also recently launched support articles paired with an on-site chatbot that I haven’t used. But if it works as well as their marketing claims, could be really cool.

Cons:

Being that most of their tools were things they initially added on to their core offering, sometimes feel like a patchwork. They would say that they’re good at marketing email automation and blasts, but they’re not REALLY built for that, at least compared to other tools they’re competing against. They have a pretty standard set of list segmenting tools, which unfortunately always leave me wishing they could do more. It also falls short as a CRM, but they probably wouldn’t claim to be that.

3 years ago

Really thoughtful review - thanks for sharing. Appreciate the feedback on email automation, segmentation and CRM.

Test Engineer in India
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Intercom definitely improved over the years.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our experience with Intercom has been great so far and we will continue to use the platform in the future

Pros:

We use Intercom inside our Medical application to assist our customers with their queries. What started as just a customer service app for us turned out to be a lead nurturing tool. The functionalities are great and the updates Intercom team brings out if also nice.

Cons:

One of the things, I dislike about Intercom is the lack of proper reporting, however there is a work around with Zapier but having to use Zapier for everything is a task.

2 years ago

I want to say a big 'Thank You' from both myself and the rest of the team at Intercom for taking the time to write this, especially during what I can only imagine is a very busy time for a Medical application. I'm so happy to hear that your Intercom experience has been a great one! I'll make sure to pass your feedback on reporting to our product team as showing you the value that Intercom is providing your business is one of our top priorities. Thanks again! Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Josh T.
Founder in US

Seamless Central Hub for Managing Existing Users

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall our company is completely invested in Intercom and has no plans of switching. The breadth of the offering is huge and supports all of our users once they signup.

Pros:

I love how much functionality is packed into this customer nurturing suite. The ability to keep a seamless and smooth conversation with each user is amazing and helps us maintain a great net promoter score with our users. The integrations that are offered really enables an easy setup.

Cons:

There are some manual tasks that can be automated in the future. Building email templates can be improved or offer more out of the box.

Max H.
CEO in New Zealand
Airlines/Aviation, Self Employed

Fantastic app but not so cost-effective for smaller businesses

5 2 years ago

Comments: Support Staff are extremely helpful and the App is incredibly user-friendly and easy to use.

Pros:

Many complex and targeted features for auto-messaging. Being able to send articles within the Live Chat was hugely time-saving, especially using the app on mobile.

Cons:

The cost was the one and only reason I have moved away from Intercom. It is a great platform for large companies but it isn't cost-effective for small businesses.

Personalization Consultant in Netherlands

Intercom, I miss you.

5 last year

Comments: With Intercom, you can provide your customers with great chat support. The way to reply and leave notes to colleagues, see activity, get notified (as the responder or customer) - everything is absolutely great. Keeping track of past conversations, closing a chat after responding, and having it automatically re-open when there's a follow-up message is perfect. Intercom works. Couple months ago (in order to have things under one roof) we switched to another platform that offers chat functionality but it is not their main focus and it has been a complete disappointment. Things don't work well, customization options are very limited, users and customers get frustrated often and messages get lost in the abyss. You can make feature requests but who know if they'll ever get to it... All of this has made me love and miss Intercom even more. Seriously, use Intercom and do not leave them.

Pros:

Intercom just works. You as the user know what to expect, the visitors/customers you reply to via Intercom know what to expect, everyone is always happy and expectations are managed well.

Cons:

I never had complaints about this product, it always worked and the customers we replied to over Intercom were always happy.

last year

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your Intercom experience. We miss you too!

Customer Success Manager in US

Invaluable support and sales tool for growing companies

5 3 years ago

Comments: Handling inbound support requests, engaging with existing clients, upselling products to existing clients

Pros:

- Makes cross-team collaboration on issues very easy - Easily add and remove users; highly compatible with a fast growing company - Enough features for a startup or growing business to have a powerful support infrastructure without paying enterprise prices

Cons:

- Functionality starts to strain at a certain point; it is a chat tool that works really well and can send emails but if you have call center infrastructure then your systems won't integrate very seamlessly - Their bots aren't very smart, just launched so lots of room for improvement - Support is generally good but takes a little while to get answers depending on time of day etc.

Support Ninja in US
11-50 Employees

It's a pretty nifty Email Software that links with our LiveChat system!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I like its functionality in terms of how you can assign tickets to each other and the NOTES part is a really useful function for communicating with your team about the email. Also, I love how our Livechat software is synced with Intercom so that the chats come in as tickets and are also saved so you can always look up correspondence for a difficult issue. And thanks for the new feature where you can now add additional emails to "cc." That one REALLY comes in handy for us!

Cons:

More often than not I have to reload the page to see the most recent tickets in queue. Also, if I'm working on a laptop with a mouse track pad, there's a strange glitch where you swipe or tap wrong and your whole message is erased. Lame.

Magali S.
Project Manager in US
Motion Pictures & Film, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tо рrеfеr Intеrсоm mеаns tо рrеfеr rоbust соmmunісаtіоn аnd grеаt рrоduсtіvіtу

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Whеn а usеr sеnds а rеquеst tо thе соmраnу thrоugh Intеrсоm, thе рlаtfоrm рrосеssеs thе mеssаgе аnd sеnds іt tо thе еmрlоуее whо саn rеsроnd tо іt. Thе sуstеm іs bаsеd оn sеvеrаl fасtоrs: thе sресіfісіtу оf thе rеquеst (thеrе іs аn орроrtunіtу tо sеt kеуwоrds fоr еасh dераrtmеnt оr еmрlоуее), thе usеr's tіmе оn thе sіtе, іnfоrmаtіоn аbоut whо thе сlіеnt sроkе wіth lаst tіmе hе vіsіtеd thе sіtе, аnd оthеr dаtа. Thіs sсhеmе sееms tо bе рrеttу lоgісаl, but оnlу fоr Intеrсоm. Wе mаіntаіn thе quаlіtу, thаt’s whу wе рrеfеr Intеrсоm.

Cons:

All оnlіnе сhаt rооms wіth whісh wе hаvе еvеr wоrkеd lооk рrеttу аlіkе. But thеу аrе іndіstіnguіshаblе frоm еасh оthеr аnd іntеrсhаngеаblе. Thеу оnlу wоrk hеrе аnd nоw, іf уоu сlоsе thе tаb - аll іnfоrmаtіоn wіll bе lоst. Mоst оftеn, ореrаtоrs rеsроnd wіth а dеlау bесаusе thеу dо nоt hаvе thе nесеssаrу іnfоrmаtіоn оr соmmunісаtе wіth tоо mаnу сustоmеrs. And іn thіs реrsресtіvе, Intеrсоm dоеsn’t suffеr frоm thе lоw еffесtіvеnеss оf соmmunісаtіоn.

Tasha D.
Director of Customer Success in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Awful product with terrible support

1 2 years ago

Comments: Support was terrible. They often provided 'create something custom through our API' as the solution to most of the inadequacies of the product. They also rarely listen or read the problem correctly and I would spend a bunch of time trying to implement the solution they provided only to find out it didn't meet any of the criteria I provided. You know its bad when a support tool lacks good support!

Pros:

Admin interface is visually appealing. Widget is not.

Cons:

Lacks basic/rudimentary functionality. Simple things like auto triggering a message at the company level when specific criteria is met is not possible. Tagging system is not easy to use and lacks basic features. Can't customize inboxes as needed. I felt like you product blog was so delightful that your product would be the same but it felt like you weren't living your word. Nothing was easy on this product.

Lillie M.
Community in US

Intercom helps organize user feedback like no other!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Over, Intercom has been great! We explored a lot of options, but Intercom has the capacity to grow with our team and accommodate our needs as we scale. It takes a bit to learn all of the features, but once you learn, you can really make it work for any use case.

Pros:

I like how I'm able to tag each incoming and outgoing message with feedback. We use this to track all user feedback and it's super easy to follow up with users by tracking their tags. It's really a game changer in a customer support tool!

Cons:

I wish there was more control over how to assign incoming tickets. The company I work for has increased our Community team and it's been a bit of a challenge to scale with Intercom and organize who is getting assigned what kinds of tickets. We've found a way that works for us, but I wish we could customize this (and things like round robbin) with a bit more granular control.

Daniela S.
CSM in Brazil

Support chat

4 last year

Comments: In general is a good experience, just the reporting part is not the best.

Pros:

Inside the company, we use the intercom as our support chat. In general is a pretty good, nice interface, easy to use in general. Easy to do in app communication

Cons:

The reporting part is not very good, hard to have the info such as how many tickets were open by one specific company

last year

Thanks for leaving us this review Daniela. I'm glad Intercom is helping your team provide a good support experience for your customers. You'll be glad to hear we're working hard on some exciting reporting improvements over the coming weeks so keep an eye on the 'what's new' section in your Intercom app. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Isabelle W.
Isabelle W.
Content and Customer Support Team Leader - Customer Success in Brazil

The best support tool!

5 3 years ago

Comments: We use Intercom as our main contact channel with our customers and it provides a great experience, I wouldn't trade it for any other customer support tool.

Pros:

I absolutely love Intercom, it's super easy to use and it helps us keep an open communication channel with our customers. The ability to easily add images, articles and saved responses helps save a lot of time.

Cons:

The articles feature is a little limited, it doesn't offer a lot of options for producing dynamic content like adding anchors or creating an image bank to easily replace images in all articles.

3 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, super happy to hear Intercom has been indispensable for your team. Will definitely pass along your feedback re: Articles!

Associate Product Manager in US

Great suite of features

5 2 years ago

Comments: Has solved a lot of customer support efficiency problems for us.

Pros:

Intercom has been expanding beyond just a web chat service and we've loved the newer features they've added. It's really easy to integrate with websites and cloud based SaaS platforms. It also integrates with our internal CRM for easy tracking of customer inquiries.

Cons:

A little pricey once you start adding all of the features. Also, they are a chat company that doesn't use chat support efficiently for their own customer support. Average response time is 4-5 hours at best.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us this review. I'm so happy to hear that you love our recent features, our team works really hard to bring you new and improved capabilities! Thanks also for your feedback on our pricing and support - I've passed this on to those teams. Although we don't offer real-time support, we do aim to get back to every customer as soon as possible. We are also always improving our Help Center and recently launched our Academy which is full of answers! Thanks, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Matt G.
Head of Marketing/Sales Operations in UK

Great in-app and email for smaller businesses

4 4 years ago

Pros:

For those new to marketing automation it is very simple to get going, with no prior knowledge of even HTML. It has lots of helpful prompts to make sure you stay on track. Most importantly the customer support team really do make an effort to help, and they are improving the software all of the time in response to customer feedback. The ability to easily send in-app campaigns, rather than the usual pop-ip messaging is a major USP.

Cons:

Adding and updating data at times can be painful, especially as the system allows emails to be duplicated. The campaign system is quite simplistic, meaning that you have to be careful that you layer an automation using exclusions - which is one of the reasons it could be unsuitable for a larger/more complex product and or organisation.

Boris B.
CEO in Czechia

Top of the class

5 8 months ago

Comments: Really easy to use and reliable tool for customer success team.

Pros:

Intercom is industry standard messaging and customer success tool offering variety of automation and easy to use tool for our agents.

Cons:

Intercom used to be very expensive tool which made it impossible for our use. Luckily their pricing has adjusted lately and it allowed us to switch back from the tools we used in the interim.

8 months ago

Thanks for leaving us this review Boris. I'm delighted to hear that our new pricing structure has enabled you to continue using Intercom as your customer engagement tool of choice! Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)