15 years helping British businesses

About Duda

Duda is the professional website building platform designed to help agencies grow fast by offering websites to SMBs.

Learn more about Duda

Pros:

The biggest strength of the platform is the dozens of ready-to-customize templates that the platform comes loaded with. With these you can publish your new website in a very short time.

Cons:

They bill it as a drag and drop, however, you really have to learn it as it is not as simple as drag and drop from my perspective.

Duda ratings

4.6
4.3
4.3
4.4

8.7/10

Duda has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 203 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Duda before?

Livvy
Livvy
CEO in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Best Software for Digital Media Agencies

Comments: I have enjoyed every part of it and geek out talking about it to clients or friends.

Pros:

I love everything about it, it can be a very simple platform that you can give it to your customers for drag and drop and as complicated as completely hard code the website for it to do whatever you want. Saves on time, loads faster, love the load balancing aspect of it. Takes out so many things that I used to worry about building it in a Wordpress, PHP environment.

Cons:

I have not run into it yet. Even though there might be some, the team has been very efficient to handle them .

Art
Digital Strategist in US

Finally!

Comments: We're a small branding and marketing company and we don't usually have super large budgets to design, develop and deliver websites. Duda helps us do that with very little complexity. It's a streamlined platform that delivers the punch and impact of more complex environments but without all of the junk that no one really needs or wants. The ease of implementation makes it possible for us to be more efficient and cost-effective on website builds.

Pros:

Duda is an incredibly easy platform to work with and produce really solid websites and engaging experiences. I've worked on Wordpress (always hated it), Joomla, Drupal, Kentico, DotNet Nuke, and other platforms, but Duda is the ONLY platform I have found that makes it incredibly easy to go from design to live site with so little friction. The WYSIWYG ease of implementation has increased our profitability and productivity. It's an awesome platform and I highly recommend you check it out. You will be glad you did.

Cons:

The toughest thing about using Duda is that clients and prospective clients these days ask what platform you're going to build in and since so many have heard of Wordpress it take a lot to get them to feel comfortable with the switch to Duda. Once I walk them through the back end to demonstrate the CMS they usually have an "Aha!" moment and get on board.

Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Used the platform for over 4 years, and still being disappointed with every update.

Comments: Awful. But I'm honestly just not sure of viable alternatives. After using the platform for the past 4 years as an end user for my own, and for my partner's businesses, I'd really like to expand and provide a full web and digital agency offering. In terms of websites, this is totally duda's thing. Custom and white-labelled branding for the editor and site stat reports is a very nice touch and makes Duda a very appealing option for fully fledged agencies. Managing user roles is a breeze too. But the thing is, little bells and whistles are fine - but only if the platform is built on a solid foundation. At the moment, it's not. It hasn't been for the past 4 years. Support isn't great either. I currently have an open support ticket for a basic issue, which is still open after 5 days. It's now weekend so I don't expect a reply until next week. The issue should be a simple one to rectify and I have suggested a fix but it is up to their dev team to implement. Luckily this isn't a client's website, but imagine if it was? How rediculous this would look to the client. Over a week to fix a simple issue? Would you really want to build an agency with this level of support? Perhaps they reserve and prioritise their support team to the bigger agencies - I don't know. So if you're a freelancer or small agency maybe stick with the good old reliable CMS that most of the web is built on (you know the one) or fully research your alternatives before you dive into the Duda nightmare.

Pros:

[Quick note before I start - I've used the platform since February 2015]. There are absolutely some pros to using duda. This isn't going to be a totally negative review. But this needs to be a massive eye opener for the team so they can understand in what areas they are failing their customers. First up, as a simple WYSIWYG editor, Duda isn't doing a bad job. Trouble is, in today's market this is more of a minimum expectation, rather than a unique or coveted feature. Back in 2015 when I first subscribed, Duda was aimed more at the end user - fast forward to the present and they have marketed themselves more towards agencies and freelancers. In terms of websites built per annum, they're certainly doing a lot better than in 2015. They do listen to the community, they do ask for feedback and act on it, and they do work on useful updates. They just do it all... really slowly. Duda isn't an open source platform and unlike other platforms they don't have a strong community of developers behind them. They do however have 'duda pro' developers, but their catalogue of work (like custom widgets) is small, uncomprehensive, and unreasonably expensive. Sure, you can absolutely code widgets and write custom code for your website, but we'll cover what a horror show that is in the 'cons' section. Look, I begrudge writing negative feedback, especially when I see the hard work being done by the Duda team, but there's just no point beating around the bush, Duda is just a troubled platform.

Cons:

As mentioned above, I've used Duda for over 4 years, since February 2015, so make no mistake - I know this platform inside and out. First of all... eCommerce. This is by far and away probably the worst part of the platform. Duda has a longstanding integration with eCommerce platform Ecwid. On the whole, the Ecwid platform is very good - the issue is, is that the integration you get with Duda, is not fully featured Ecwid. It has a limited feature set, and is, quite honestly, terrible. In addition, many eCommerce platforms require 'apps' or 'add-ons' to expand their functionality, whereas, duda's catalogue of apps for their eCommerce integration is pathetically small. Unless your needs (or your client's needs) are very simple, just don't bother with it. Next up, custom code. When I first signed up to Duda, it was marketed to me in such a fashion where you expected adding custom code to be a breeze. And, of course, I'm not naive - I totally get that when adding custom code to a WYSIWYG editor there is going to be multiple cases of conflicting lines of code. But the functionality of Duda is quite basic, and sometimes you do need to augment that functionality with custom code, which is, well... an absolute nightmare. Don't expect support to help either - they'll just suggest you pay a 'duda pro' to fix it for you. Get to grips with not writing clean code - official support advice for CSS was to just bang !important on everything and bang it in the site wide stylesheet.

Iceal
Iceal
Duda Specialist in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

For me, Duda is the easiest CMS out there

Comments: I have no regrets using it for the past 9 years and will continue to do so. I will continue developing websites and templates and as well as cool widgets.

Pros:

Duda for the past 10 years has added new features in the CMS, it's easy to build out a website as they have numerous templates. You can build your widgets if you have a developer like me and achieve custom behaviours in a website by using technical workarounds. All seo settings are grouped in the left sidebar as well as the other options that will help you make your site go live. I've been using Duda for the past 9 years and I'm still using it together with my clients. There's nothing out there that beats simplicity and usability of Duda.

Cons:

What I don't like is their plan pricing. Before it was affordable to other agencies, but their prices bumped up. Sometimes, simple bugs pop up, but that's udnerstandable as they are improving the system.

Design, Self Employed

Most flexible for custom layouts

Comments: It's a pretty quick process to get started. Pick a plan, preview designs in desktop/tablet/mobile views to your heart's content, and go. I look forward to trying their phone support, as when I signed up there was only e-mail support, which has variable responsiveness. Having said that, they do want to help and usually come up with a solution. I liked the platform enough, I started another website with it and will probably have yet another one soon. The user interface is pretty simple, considering how complex the tasks are.

Pros:

Duda has a broad set of tools and templates, which are quite easy to customize. The editing tools, publishing updates, and finished websites load quickly. Newly available phone support is a nice addition. You can also save complex groups of laid-out components (called "sections") for easy repetition (and then customization) across your sites.

Cons:

Some options for fine-tuning design details are left out or not available in certain views (mobile versus desktop).

Founder in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Duda is a Perfect Web Site Platform for Small to Medium Businesses

Comments: Providing affordable SEO optimized responsive websites for solopreneurs.

Pros:

The combination of predefined templates, super easy editing, and flexibility to extend the functionality with HTML and widget editors make for a powerful web development and hosting platform that's ideal for most small and medium businesses.

Cons:

Limited options for only including videos from 3rd party hosts. It would be nice to have greater control over thumbnails and end-screens rather than be subject to YouTube's restrictions. As the importance of video grows, the impact of this limitation also grows.

Lois
Lois
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Modern, easy to use drag n drop builder

Comments: Overall I am enjoying my experience with Duda, building modern and responsive and good-looking websites has never been easier - or quicker.

Pros:

I am using it under the Whitelabel Snapps.ai. What I like most about it is how easy it is to use - it's a website builder for idiots. Also, in comparison to Weebly, it is an absolute dream in terms of speed and customisability. I also appreciate the inbuilt SEO.

Cons:

I least like the pricing with Snapps - compared to its counterparts, it is quite expensive. Especially if you have an agency where you own multiple websites, the costs can add up quite quickly, whereas if you built the same sites on something like WP it is essentially free.

internet consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Surprisingly powerful--it's not what you think.

Comments: As a marketing company, this makes my life SO MUCH EASIER. I used to build in wordpress, which is fine, but this is about half the time, and the websites look the same. Very easy to add the things you want to make the sites really sing.

Pros:

Simple to bang out a website, the Interface is easy to use and even fun. I really like how the sites come together, you can easily see how they will look on desktop, mobile, and tablet.

Cons:

Some limitations in how you put the sites together, it can be annoying to be stuck to the four column design that is common across the web. They've got a new feature rolling out that is supposed to resolve this.

René
CEO/Founder in US
Retail, Self Employed

Building websites is hard? Not any longer

Comments: Switching from using a web builder/designer to do it myself was too easy. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros:

Setting up my new website was so easy, I completed it in 2 months. Then adding the storefront that took a few hours.

Cons:

It does not integrate new Ecwid options fast enough.

Alexis
Alexis
Co-Founder in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great DIY website platform for individuals or small agencies

Comments: Been a duda user for years and have built many websites on this platform. Very easy to use.

Pros:

Duda makes it incredibly easy to build a really well-designed website. Mobile responsiveness is baked right in however you can also edit the site for different device screens individually. Lots of features and pre-built templates/sections to make it easy. Drag and drop editor is simple to use.

Cons:

As a basic website user, Duda has all I need and more. If you are looking for super advanced editing capabilities and SEO features, it may not have everything you need.

Wendie
Chief Creative Officer in US
Design, Self Employed

Great for No-Code Web Design Agencies!

Comments: I moved my entire web design business to Duda after Business Catalyst shut down and it has the the best experience! I have been able to more than triple my client base in a matter of months with new leads coming in daily. I have brought on several interns and are training them on the platform as well. They also love what it can do.

Pros:

1) The platform's look and feel is end-user friendly. It's simple icons make learning your way around fast and easy. 2) It has the look of a drag-n-drop tool but is PACKED FULL of functionality - which is key! Everything from being able to quickly and easily make parallax scrolling, to creating and inserting entire pages or sections. This is huge when you want to use your favorite section from a different template. 3) Personalization features is wonderfully easy to use. The build workflows are intuitive (nicely done Duda!) so you don't feel like you need to be an expert coder (or a coder at all) to make these custom features to work. 4) Client management is great - it also allows me to assign interns to assist with specific site builds without giving them the 'keys to the kingdom'. Team management works well to for my designers who need access to all sites rather than a select few. 5) There are so many thing I love about this platform It would be hard to list them all, but ease of use and functionality, are among the top.

Cons:

1) Would love to see the ability to do more with form submission content. The screen that captures form responses is very limited and does not allow (native to the product) much to be done with the information. With that said, there are many integrations that do allow for additional stuff to be done with contact form submission data (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Chat clients etc,.) 2) Occasionally, the platform seems to stick (does not happen very often) and have had an issue with the collect client content form not being disabled causing images to be duplicated. Customer support is very responsive which is great and issues rarely arise. 3) I would love the ability to create training sites on this platform, meaning I need the ability to create membership based sites (using time released modules would be a HUGE benefit as well).

Kristen
Owner in Canada

Game Changer!

Comments: Wonderful, love it. So happy with my decision to move to Duda Agency.

Pros:

Ease of use for me and for my clients. Plus all of the improvements Duda regularly makes and all of the added features that are provided for agency users... (collections, no client billing fees, ability to buy new domains, accessibility improvements, continuous speed and SEO improvements, the list goes on!)... and all inclusive of the Agency plan, no hidden or additional fees.

Cons:

Duda is a fairly new system and the crew is working on building new things in everyday, however sometimes features may not be as robust as other systems... yet.

Valentin
Manager in Romania
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Intuitive, easy to use, powerfull

Comments: I started using the Duda platform from day 1 and I use it daily for clients' sites. Sometimes I start a new site from scratch or use a ready made template and start configuring and personalising the new site immediately. I have many tools for collecting customer feedback and securing the sites easily. I use a complete white label version of the desktop and on-the-go editors, website preview tools, for client dashboard and login page. My clients can manage and edit their own sites, all under my brand.

Pros:

The website builder if filled with widgets and sections and you get speed and efficiency at every stage of the site building process. Client management helps a lot and the preview function makes good steps in landing new clients. Building responsive websites for clients is now more fun. An intuitive drag-and-drop interface enables us to build great websites with no need to code.The support is always top class and I have all financial information organised in the Duda dashboard.

Cons:

Building more complex websites needs separate integrations with external services. Duda allows integrations and you can build almost any site you can imagine, but sometimes you will need separate integrations with other platforms. Not sure yet if this is a bad or a good thing.

Mark
Owner in Australia
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Duda will be a dominant platform in coming years

Comments: Duda provides our business with the ability to produce fast but professional-looking websites without the problems experienced with Open Source platforms that require heavy maintenance. The company is easy to deal with with good support levels and a growing community of users.

Pros:

Duda is a fully-featured, ready-to-use web design and build tool that is suitable for both a business owner or web development company. Just about everyone I've introduced this platform to loves it, as it is easier to learn and use than others they've tried previously without the need to constantly back up and update the software themselves.

Cons:

There are some aspects of this software that can be slightly glitchy from time to time. Nothing that a quick page refresh won't fix, but a little annoying when it happens. There are some applications that don't as well as some other players on the market. In particular, membership-style websites or database sites where you need information filtered or sorted on multiple levels.

MEHROSE
General Manager in Pakistan
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Web designing looks easy with Duda

Comments: Duda can be used by everyone but it has great scope for freelancers and web designers to create easy tools and logos in real quick.

Pros:

Amazing range of applications and widgets for you to add and even create your own customized applications. Too easy to generate tools to work with and make the website looks mesmerizing.

Cons:

I have no issues with Duda as I love working with Duda but the only thing that makes me sad is pricing which is too high and no free plans for beginners to get entertain.

Alicia
Web Designer in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Just what I needed

Comments: I love Duda. Anytime I have questions they are always easily accessible to answer them with applicable solutions.

Pros:

Duda provided everything I needed to migrate clients from Wordpress. Ease of use, simple pricing structure, secure hosting and they made white labeling a breeze.

Cons:

I would love to see basic widgets like web forms and email marketing integrations updated to meet the market needs.

Ayo
Digital Marketing Consultant in UK

Almost 10 Years Building Sites, Nothing Like Duda Yet

Comments: Now I am a teacher of Computer Science and working my business in digital marketing for almost 10 years now.
Able to use Duda as an apprenticeship tool for my student to work on real life project and earn money almost immediately has been unbelievable.
I couldn't learn all on Wordpress talk less of teaching student to build website. However, since most people are used to Word processing and PowerPoint tools, it seems like they're using the same tools but only this time professionally in terms of rendering a service.

Pros:

It is ridiculously easy to use. Thought a client under 20 minutes to update their contents to the site under my whitelabel platform. The value for money is incredible.

Cons:

If possible, without compromising what it is now, add some features like colour picker, user login features, etc., emerging social media feeds like Instagram, FB etc.

Pablo
Digital Business Consultant in Chile

Faster site building

Comments: Simple great!, faster building and maintenance then lower operative times and costs

Pros:

With Duda, I have been able to build new sites faster and having them on air in just a week! Easy to use and to transfer the management site to the customer.

Cons:

On eCommerse are some SEO Titles and descriptios repeated for three URLs.

Aaron
Business Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

User friendly, real SEO power, great templates

Pros:

The pre-made templates make design and implementation easy! SEO backlinks are very, very good unlike Godaddy.

Cons:

No con's so far. Switching from Desktop, mobile and iPad can be a bit tricky for symmetry. But it's not hard to align, just tedious.

Richard
Self employed in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Does what most CMS cannot

Comments: With Duda I no longer have to do everything myself. It is easy enough to allow clients to change and upload content when they want to. There are no worries about the white screen of death with WordPress when you update a plugin. Also the personalization and analytics they provide skip having to use data studio and what not.

Pros:

I tried all the different CMS platforms. I mean almost all of them. And nothing was quite as simple as Duda for my web design agency. They are specialized in this niche so if you are planning on starting a web design agency look no further ✊

Cons:

Not enough apps to add to your sites as WordPress has. Lack of membership site capability.

Max
ceo in New Zealand
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

So much better

Pros:

used to build websites with wordpress but duda is much better so nice to have every website in one dashboard

Cons:

pricing isnt the cheapest but good value if you consider whitelabel and custom domains

Overall very happy

Comments: I have used the Duda platform for over 6 years and I love it.

Pros:

I love the platform and love the contant updates and improvements.

Cons:

Only, two real issues: One, I am an invoiced used so I never get the special discounted rate for my sites. It seems that if I have earned the ability to be invoiced I should receive the best pricing. Two, I wish we were able to add some wordpress plugins to the site. There are a lot of tools I word love to add if I can please let me know how.

rodrigo
webdesigner in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

duda pro

Comments: the responsive is great

Pros:

is responsive design, use zurb foundation framework

Cons:

the websites don’t adapt in the desktop navigator only on devices

Wardell
Principal in US

Duda is a beast!

Comments: I am solving my clients turnkey website needs.

Pros:

I've been using for several years! It is by far the best development platform on the market. The ease of use, the exceptional support team, and the continued evolvement of the platform is why I will use Duda as long as I am developing websites!

Cons:

I can't say I dislike anything about Duda. They always improving their software and keeping it ahead of its competitors!

Barbara
Partner in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Duda is great and there are many great things about it.

Comments: It is great for simple sites. I'm happy to be working with it. I find the customer support is great. I hope that never changes.
Putting a lot of locations on a map isn't great. It seems to bog down when there are too many items.
It seems to have limitations. I'm still learning the ins and outs. Great for simple sites not so much for complex sites with a lot of data to display.

Pros:

Duda is easy to use and great for simple to medium complexity sites. The images are sized to fit the space and that is great. The menus are easy to use. The sliders are easy to set up. There are lots of great things about it.

Cons:

I don't like the way it displays the form emails on the site. I wish it would just give me a list that I could click on and look at the entire message. The e-commerce is limited in some customizations and the way it displays the images in a lightroom. The image displays in a large black box. I wish we could customize that a bit. I don't understand the way the code is written, so it makes it hard to customize anything. It is easy to customize images etc as long as that is set up. To do anything different isn't easy.