15 years helping British businesses

About Lillio

The building blocks for high-quality childcare: center management, parent communication, billing and payments and curriculum.

Learn more about Lillio

Pros:

I love that I get a window into what our child is up to daily integration of video and photos plus meals. Let’s me know my son is on the right track.

Cons:

I don’t think there is something I dislike about the software/app.

Lillio ratings

4.4

8.9/10

Lillio has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 3,605 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lillio before?

Filter reviews (3,605)

Shawn
Shawn
IT Director in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Great dashboard for education/daycare

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very positive, one of the best solutions overall.

Pros:

Ease of use and simple feature set for monitoring childcare.

Cons:

Mobile app wasn't as Android friendly as other options.

Heather
Early Childhood Educator in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Saves me time and money

Comments: Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros:

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons:

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

Danielle
Assistant Director in US

Great preface, rough interface

Comments: It started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, it started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, no immunization record keeping. It’s fit for businesses that do not have to keep specific record keeping for tax purposes .

Pros:

Looks great, easy for parents to use, checking in and out is easy. Easy to create tuition plans.

Cons:

All the behind the scenes billing is awful. Nothing makes sense for bookkeeping purposes.

Esther
HR Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With Lillio

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It makes attendance management easy and it is affordable too. The tool is affordable and effortless to use.

Cons:

Using Lillio has been effortless and no issues.

Bailee
Director in Canada
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Great asset to our childcare program

Comments: I think this is a great asset to our program, and I could not imagine having to go back to the pen and paper method of daily reporting. My parents and staff love this program!

Pros:

I love how easy HiMama is to use, and that it was very simple to teach my educators to use as well. It has a great parent app, and our parents love to be able to check out their children's reports each day. It has really increased our level of communication and customer service.

Cons:

It seems that parents are not able to download picture directly off that app as we seem to have some parents that email asking for us to send them the pictures directly. I haven't looked in to this yet, but it a common request I get.

Ashley

HiMama Daily Reports

Comments: We have been using HiMama for a couple years now and have loved it. Our parents love the pictures and information they receive. We love that we’re able to add the standards to our lessons so our families can see what we are working on with their children. The standards are already programmed into the software.

Pros:

We love this program at our childcare center. They have more than stepped up to help us during COVID and families being home. They now provide daily lessons to send to our families, more data features to store temperatures, and they support team is beyond compare.

Cons:

We really have no complaints with this program. If we could make suggestions we would suggest the ability to attach more than one attachment to class emails and being able to send a little longer video through the app.

Aristote
CEO in Congo - Kinshasa
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

best software to track children's education and learning

Comments: As someone with experience in computer software, I recommend this product to anyone who wants to follow the progress of their children's education and learning.

Pros:

the lillio software allows me to follow the real-time progress of the children's education during my working time

Cons:

I could suggest lillio to add other features to the software to make it even more exceptional

Casey Ann
Casey Ann
Senior Director, Class & Affinity Giving in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Love this app

Comments: I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros:

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons:

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A must app for daycares!

Pros:

The best thing about the software is that it is very user friendly, very easy for my clients to use it. More over it has alot of features which helps our daycare.

Cons:

A little liberty to customize certain feature are not there.

Ryan
Pastor of Digital Discipleship in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Great for Child Management

5.0 5 days ago New

Pros:

As a parent, it is simple to keep tabs on my child's progress in this app as his teacher updates his feed with pictures and progress reports. The messaging feature gives me quick access to his teacher and to the preschool director.

Cons:

I have no major criticisms of the Lillio app.

Heidi

NOT HAPPY

Comments: My overall experience with official is not good. Believe they make program sounds so great just to sell it to you and then customer service slow and not good! Not happy with program or customer service.
I've said this many times since June but goes no where.

Pros:

Communication with parents was a plus to this program when it works

Cons:

-calendars seems to just disappear for center and can't figure out -any issues take forever to fix and staff usually say it's bug and have no fix for it -assessments should have way to mark each individual kid and not based on activities -parents should be able to mark when baby last ate, changed, and woke up before they come to center _health notes should be able to be visible by parents -shouldn't have to refresh page all the time -Communciation with staff should be easier on this program too. Should go to message center and not personal email (this was a selling point to me and very disappointed with it)

Raymond
Creative Specialist in Philippines
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

comprehensive child tracking system

Pros:

HiMama is an outstanding platform for daycare providers, preschools and early childhood education centers. It offers a variety of tools that make the daily operations of these organizations more efficient, streamlined and effective.One of the standout features of HiMama is its comprehensive child tracking system. This allows teachers to keep track of the children's activities, meals, naps and milestones throughout the day. The system is user-friendly and provides real-time updates to parents, which helps build trust and transparency.Another great aspect of HiMama is its communication capabilities. The platform offers a variety of tools that allow teachers to send updates, photos and videos to parents, and vice versa. This keeps everyone in the loop and ensures that the children are receiving the best possible care.The reporting and analytics tools offered by HiMama are also top-notch. These tools allow organizations to track key metrics such as attendance, daily activities and enrollment trends. This information can then be used to make informed decisions about the future of the organization.In conclusion, HiMama is an excellent platform for anyone looking to streamline and improve the operations of a daycare, preschool or early childhood education center. The platform is user-friendly, feature-rich and provides real-time updates to all stakeholders, which helps build trust and ensure that children are receiving the best possible care.

Cons:

One of the main issues with HiMama is its cost. The platform can be expensive for smaller organizations and the pricing model may not be suitable for all budgets. This can be a barrier to entry for some organizations and limit their ability to fully utilize the platform's capabilities.Another issue with HiMama is its user interface. While the platform is user-friendly, some users have reported that it can be difficult to navigate and that certain features are not as intuitive as they could be. This can lead to a learning curve for new users and slow down the adoption process.Finally, some users have reported that the platform can be slow and laggy at times, which can be frustrating for those trying to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. This can disrupt the workflow and cause delays in completing important tasks.In conclusion, while HiMama is a comprehensive platform for daycare providers, preschools and early childhood education centers, it does have some drawbacks in terms of cost, user interface, and performance. Organizations should carefully consider these factors when deciding if HiMama is the right platform for them.

Doris
Executive Director in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great app to have

Comments: This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates.
I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Pros:

The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Cons:

We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy Great App

Comments: I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros:

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons:

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Meaghan
Administrative Specialist in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mother- User

Comments: Being a first time mom, the thought of leaving the most important thing in my life with complete strangers to care for my child was super stressful. Was she happy? Is she eating? Is her diaper being changed? Did she take a nap? Did she have a good/bad day? If I could only see her I would know how she is doing. The HiMama app relieves all these questions for me. I love that all this information can be updated to me. The care givers can let me know what they had to eat, when they took a nap, toilet breaks and (my favorite) the ability to send photos of activities and games they are playing and even videos! I love being able to see her face throughout the day. Another great feature is the messaging. The caregivers are able to send supply needs and even tell me if my daughter is feeling ill or had a fall and can send the incident report to me. This is a fantastic platform. Thank you.

Pros:

I love that the care givers can send me photos and videos of what my daughter is up to (activities, crafts, trips). I love being able to see her face and see that she is happy.

Cons:

I can honestly say that I have not experienced anything that I think could use some improvement on. It does what I need it to do, and I have had all positive usage experiences with the HiMama app.

Amy
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Game changer for our Child Care!

Comments: The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Pros:

Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Cons:

There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Adrienne
Medical Laboratory Scientist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Love getting updates throughout the day

Pros:

I enjoy getting updates on my kiddos throughout the day. It's nice to be able to reference the reports on HiMama to see what my children ate, when they slept and what activities they did at school that day. The teachers even send us pictures! My boys are just starting to talk so it's helpful that the HiMama app includes what kinds of things they were working on so that I have a better idea of what they are trying to tell me about. We also really like the messaging system because you can send a message through the app or by email. It helps keep the lines of communication open and that is reassuring.

Cons:

Sometimes the reports finalize at strange times. I'll get a message 5 hrs after my kiddos have been picked up that says the report is now final. I'm not sure if it's something the teachers are doing differently on some days but it's just odd.

Kimberley
Director/Owner/ECE in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: HiMama has been very well received at all three of my Little Sprouts Learning Centers. Parents are thrilled to see their children interacting in class and feel reassured to see their child settled into the program just minutes after leaving the classroom. This was especially appreciated by our new parents, as well as parents whose children were starting school for the first time. Prior to HiMama, families received a monthly newsletter with photos, information on our monthly theme, reminders, birthdays and important upcoming dates. Now with a click of a button, the classroom teacher can send this information to parents anytime. The ability to keep updates current has helped parents ensure they are not missing important news, are less likely to forget upcoming events, and also allows them extra time to plan and prepare. Parents find the program extremely handy as they can speak directly to the teacher through the HiMama message system. Often times moms and dads are on the run and not always able to chat during drop off and pick up, or throughout the day. HiMama keeps everyone connected, by allowing parents to send a quick message to the classroom teacher at their convenience. Customer service at HiMama is very good and parents have found Caroline very efficient and helpful should they come across any issues. As the owner of Little Sprouts I feel the overall customer service has been excellent right from the beginning, and appreciate Ron's support in setting the system up with me back in February 2014. Areas I would like to see improved would be to have the option to send a message to a specific group of families. Currently the options are one family or the entire classroom. I would also like the option to put music to the photos so that a DVD could be created of the child's school year. Access to all the school photos would be a wonderful option as currently we have to go into each child's report to see the entire group of class photos. Although the classroom journal does show a few pictures, I would like to be able to see all of these photos as a running stream. Thank you to Ron and the staff at HiMama! You have made a wonderful difference to the parents and families at Little Sprouts, and I can't thank you enough!

Brian
Consultant in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great Idea/Purpose - few things to Improve

Comments: Overall it’s a great app and feature to have for any child. It’s issues are minor and should work there way out, but the benefit of knowing what your child is doing during the day outweighs any con.

Pros:

It’s great to see your child checked in (if another parent or person drops/picks up). Seeing progress during the day, pictures, videos, things they are learning is awesome. Picking up your child and asking questions (knowing what the answers should be) is a great way to communicate and be active with your child’s life.

Cons:

The software and programming is not perfect yet. It’s difficult to understand which child (when you have 2 or more) is being mentioned/addressed in messages or updates. Also duplicate messages go out frequently. Also the pictures and videos do not load correctly on the phone, swiping right or left always gets messed up or glitches and exits out of the app. I also can’t view the images correctly. The user friendliness of the whole app seems a bit off and that a few improvements could make a world of a difference.

Angela
Director of Marketing in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Himama App Review

Comments: Overall I love the real-time, comprehensiveness of the app. It’s a huge improvement over the paper sheets that daycares were using previously. It’s hard leaving your baby with someone and this helped ease my transition back to work after maternity leave knowing I could get photos, videos and updates sent in real time.

Pros:

I like that we can see everything in the app: real time photos and videos that the caregivers post, my baby’s feedings, diaper changes, nap schedule and we can export reports and the end of the day. It’s a really simple communication tool where messages can be left regarding need for more supplies, child updates, etc. My extended family loves the app too because I can add them to our account with different access levels so they can see the photos and videos posted of their niece/granddaughter everyday and they LOVE that.

Cons:

On an iPhone it appears their are still some bugs to be worked out. Despite have notifications set to on I no longer get push notifications when an update is added. I have to go into the app to see if anything new has appeared and I have to restart the app to get it to refresh. These bugs started maybe about 3-4 months ago only.

Jaclyn
Stylist in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Overall great app

Comments: Overall it’s been a user friendly experience and it’s really fun receiving and reviewing the daily log that the teachers provide ! Super cute and functional!

Pros:

I like the simplicity of this app. My child’s daycare has this system and it’s been very easy and functional to use. I love how they can post pics daily and it gets sent right to me in a safe system!

Cons:

It’s a little bit slow in sending the messages I find. But it’s not too bad. I don’t use it for anything else other than checking in so really there’s not much on the com side for me to critique.

Nancy
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: We have been extremely satisfied with HiMama. I looked at a few other items out there and none compare to what they offer and the ease at which they deliver the end product.

Pros:

Extremely easy to use from our assistants in the classroom to our parents downloading the apps to their phones. Our parents love this application. I love several things about it! Saving trees is a great one, but also the great ease of use. The parents get great detailed information daily about the children's daily activities. It is a great asset for our team and moves away from paper work. The other thing is that as an administrator I can see who is present and how things are going just by pulling up that class online. It is a great tool!!

Cons:

Not really any negatives that I can think of. A great support network to work with as well! A great product and team!

nicole
receptionist in Canada
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

himama review

Comments: himama has allowed for me to stay connected to my child at daycare while i’m at work. it’s great to be able to see videos/pictures and as well get updates on other pertinent information.

Pros:

pros include being able to connect parents/guardians with their children throughout the day. also like how it is easy to navigate the app.

Cons:

app does experience glitches from time to time. also do not like that you can’t save videos to your phone

Jennifer
Recruiter in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Put your mind at ease!!

Comments: Love it will continue to use it and spead not but good words about it!

Pros:

The parents are able to see updates and goals meet. They can see what their loved ones are doing that day. Gives a peace of mind to everyone. Very easy to send out mass messages to all parents in case of school closing or delays. Also send to email account as well.

Cons:

I feel like the check in and check out could update faster. Also maybe to prompt teachers to send the parents updates if they have not.

Michelle
Seamstress in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

HiMama Keeps Mama's Happy

Comments: I like that I can communicate with their caregivers whenever I may need to and the quick response time I have received upon doing so. In a world where safety and health are top priorities these days, HiMama allows you to have that peace of mind necessary.

Pros:

HiMama keeps first-time or worried parents updated on the status of their child while they are in daycare. You can see what they are doing, eating, how long they slept, and even get pictures to brighten up your day. I love being able to track what my child is doing while I am working, without having to worry about whether or not he is happy or being taken care of properly.

Cons:

Sometimes I would like to save the pictures that have been sent to me of my child but that is not possible through the App and I have had to request by email a copy of that photograph. Maybe you guys could update this feature in the future?