Looking for a clustering solution and first found percona Xtradb cluster and feel in love.

Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Musa M.
Systems Administrator
Likelihood to Recommend:
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It simplified database administration for my organization and helped us scale our applications to handle spikes in traffic.

Pros: I like the fact that it was way easier than I thought to setup and migrate our databases over. Also, with automated backups and reports, I get a bird's eye view of our whole database infrastructure with respect to health, performance and resources.

Cons: There were many components to choose from depending on what your needs are and that can daunting to a first time username.

Percona Server makes my life as a DBA way easier

Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Miklos S.
DBA
Self Employed
Likelihood to Recommend:
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All the tweaks and performance improvements that come with Percona Server help my daily life as a DBA a lot. Percona Server offer data about important - but otherwise hidden - MySQL metrics (on a more granular scale).

Pros: - expose a lot of useful metrics to monitor
- performance and stability improvements

Percone is just amazing

Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Chau P.
Customer Support

Comments: I'm using Percona on a web/database server (~2300 queries/second) and it's rock solid. I don't have data to back this up but it certainly "feels" smoother handling heavy loads than standard MySQL on the same server.