15 years helping British businesses

About Punchpass

Our user-friendly studio management software is designed to streamline your business and enhance your customer experience all at once.

Learn more about Punchpass

Punchpass ratings

4.7
4.9
4.3
4.5

8.8/10

Punchpass has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 40 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Punchpass before?

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easy for a yoga teacher.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Not too difficult for this elderly yoga teacher. 😊🙏🏻

Pros:

Easy for me to log in my clients and to teach virtually.

Cons:

Punchpass is not always in the same place when I look for it on Google. I have to be sure to find punch pass management.

Monica
Founder and Owner in Australia

Outstanding Customer Service Support

Comments: It manages memberships, online booking, selling packages and recurring memberships, the user interface is easy for our older clientele to use and the customer service is amazing.

Pros:

This software is so user-friendly and easy to set up. It has all the features I need to run my yoga studio, and it's incredibly reliable (it never goes down or has bugs).The support team are amazing - so helpful and responsive with the setup and ongoing support. A special mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I had over 7000 users to migrate and the process was seamless.

Cons:

I love it, its so intuitive and easy to use.

2 years ago

Thank you Monica! Great to have Cultivate Calm Yoga on Punchpass. ����

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Poor Customer service

Comments: Just frustrated with the level of support punchpass offers. Have since looked to moving to MindBody with improved customer service.

Pros:

Cheaper than the competitors in the booking market.

Cons:

Customer service was very poor. Was blamed for not understanding the software when there were glitches with online payment occuring additional fees. Not a good look blaming customers.

Delrae
Owner in Canada

Great System for a Studio Space

Comments: I used punchpass for about 5 Years and loved it, they would be an amazing option for a studio that ran classes and wanted something easy and affordable.

Pros:

Punchpass was a super easy system to use. I loved how easy it was to book classes and get members signed up. It was a very affordable system as well which is why I would recommend it to other places. The customer Support is amazing and they help you very quickly.

Cons:

The only reason I switched from Punchpass is because I needed a system that was more geared towards running a Gym than just classes. Like being able to sign up for a Monthly Auto debit plan. The other reason is because I needed to switch to a company that could integrate with KISI since I was switch how members access the Gym. Punch pass did do all the other things I needed and loved but the change was critical to how I moved forward with running my signups.

3 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We completely understand that you needed to go with a software that plays nicely with your other systems and an integration with KISI is not quite in our wheelhouse at this stage. We do offer monthly auto debit memberships though so we're still a great fit for gyms and other spaces that need that option!

Bernhard
Director in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great software : not too complex but all the important features for a medium sized yoga studio

Comments: Great product and superb service. From the integration over some questions here and then, the team is always quickly helping out.

Pros:

The backend is easy to use, reliable and comes with good reporting to keep an eye on sales and customers activities. From the client's side no complaints, user friendly. Modern design that fits nicely into our website.

Cons:

Not much to complain about... a bit more flexibility when it comes to manually adjusting payments would be nice (especially for memberships)

Rebecca
Owner/Instructor in US

Exactly what I needed

Comments: PunchPass has been exactly what I needed to shift to fully managing my classes outside of a studio. It has also made accessing my teaching easy and more consistent for my students. Everything about PunchPass has been simple and intuitive. Their support system is super helpful, usually I can find the answer I need in on of their support articles and if not their support team responds quickly.

Pros:

The simplicity of set up was great. I love that they make links to the site and specific passes easy to find and then copy to send to customers or put into marketing materials. The integration with Zoom and the automatic email reminders to students with the meeting link has been ideal for teaching mostly virtual. I also love that I can easily email and entire class roster with one click in order to send a link to the class recordings. The software has more capacity in reporting and customer communication that I haven't even used yet.

Cons:

They have recently expanded the versatility to some of their features such as the content library which was helpful. I get the sense that they are consistently looking for ways to improve.

Susan
Owner Operator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Totally excited about PunchPass!

Comments: I am very satisfied with PunchPass I have more to learn since I have only just finished my free trial and opened my account!

Pros:

I am still learning but I was able to figure things out and I am not very technical. I can check my students in so much much faster!

Cons:

It would be nice to be able to down load emails from contacts. Maybe you can but didn’t find a reference to that.

Patricia
Business Owner in US

User Friendly Streamlined Program For Fitness Business

Comments: Excellent communication and very easy launching their system. Immediate customer responses.

Pros:

It was so much easier to set up and costs much less than MINDBODY, which is essential for a small start up business like many fitness programs are. It has features I can grow into (and pay for) but eliminates the bells and whistles I don’t need. The people that assist me checking in clients report it is easy to learn. No long lines waiting to check in.

Cons:

Doesn't have a downloadable app feature. I would like there to be a tighter interface with external card reader payments so I don’t have to enter these manually but I know that would happen if I paid for more services.

Ally
owner/care-taker in Australia
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

FANTASTIC - software & service! After a long hunt, have found!!

Comments: I have trialled many softwares for our yoga studio, and implemented a few of them. They were all messy for something that's meant to make it smoother! Punchpass is simple, fast and really effective. And they're always right there in response when you have questions - I've had MANY, despite it being more intuitive & straightforward than any other software I've tried, and they've always, always, been obliging. And while not the cheapest, it's far from the most expensive. Can't recommend highly enough.

Pros:

Ease. Simplicity. Clarity. SImple and fast upon book in before class. Easy for students to use. Gives totals of passes sold, so helps with the books.

Cons:

There's not yet a waitlist capacity, which they tell me though is in the pipeline - this would be really, really helpful. Also passes can get lost if the clients don't make an account before they purchase it - would be great to take the ability for them to do this away as it's a bit of a problem. And lastly the name! But it's still great software - unsurpassed.

8 years ago

Hi Ally- Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Punchpass. You warmed our hearts with your very kind words ¿. And good news! We JUST added an easy way for you to restrict pass purchases to those who are logged on to Punchpass. Thanks for the suggestion! Best, Sharon

We absolutely love using Punchpass as our reservation system for our wellness studio.

Pros:

Using Punchpass was a breath of fresh air after having tried MindBody for a few month, paid an unjustifiable amount of money, had terrible customer service and couldn't get all the functionalities we wanted. Punchpass simplifies the admin side of it. It integrates with Stripe and their customer service is amazing.

Cons:

The design and client experience isn't the most beautiful. However, a lot of improvements have been made lately and the site looks much better/modern now!

Sara
Principal Yoga Teacher in Australia

A Simple Easy to Use Studio Software

Comments: Excellent customer service, great integrations for teaching online and having an online library. One of the best pieces of software for the price.

Pros:

Integrating Punchpass was very straightforward, clients found it very easy to use and navigate on their own.

Cons:

The interface is lacking in my opinion - could be better and the ability to customise the look and feel is also not there - one of the key reasons I left. While I do agree with function over form, after 4 years I had hoped for some improvement here.

Caroline
Business owner in UK

Great software

4.0 last week New

Comments: Great experience but found that the business outgrew the functionality. Would love to have stayed with this Punchpass but it was restricting growth.

Pros:

Ease of use and how user friendly it was for admin and also end user

Cons:

Limited reporting, automations and marketing features.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Excellent value when first sought out - other alternatives worth considering now.

Comments: Punchpass was the best solution for a fitness studio a year or two ago when we first went looking. It served its purpose well but with increasing prices and the Canadian exchange, the monthly subscription is getting tiring. Now we've stumbled on other solutions that do all we need with a substantially lower yearly price point.

Pros:

Punchpass is great for what it does: being a SaaS platform with no update/upkeep headaches and a simple-to-use platform for class registrations.

Cons:

Because it's its own platform, it doesn't integrate very nicely with the rest of our tech stack which may be a pro or con depending on your setup. The price has increased and while we've been grandfathered in, it means we're pretty much stuck at the same tier unless we can stomach the jump to the next tier.

Banking, 201–500 Employees

Amazing customer service and a product that ticks most of the boxes that a small business would want

Comments: Reduced software costs
Ease of booking classes for customers increased
Functionality for class instructors increased

Pros:

What initially drew me to Punchpass was the cost for service, compared to other software which contained so many confusing features that we didn't need for a cost that we couldn't easily afford, Punchpass does almost everything that we need as a small business spread across multiple locations that we need. It allows us to have control as administrators but also to delegate certain responsibility to our instructors and let's them have control of their own schedule which is important to us. It allows our customers to easily locate classes near to them, and allows us to streamline our waiver, and class check in process. Customer support is very responsive to requests and are a pleasure to deal with.

Cons:

There are slight inconsistencies between the desktop and mobile version of the customer portal, and there are slight differences in display when logged in to not logged in. There is no reporting dashboard, and the reports that are available are quite simple.

6 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! A reporting dashboard is in the plans for Spring 2018. It's definitely needed!

Dave
Dave
Co-Founder in Canada

One word: Awesome. The team at PunchPass should be the gold standard for customer service.

Pros:

Incredibly easy to setup. Incredibly easy to use. Full feature set. Allows us to focus on running our studio rather than spending hours and hours dealing with IT headaches as was the case before we discovered PunchPass. Loving the newly released version.

Cons:

I don't really have any cons. If I could add a feature it would be geo-location functionality that would promote our studio to potential clients doing a search on Google or in the PunchPass ecosystem.

6 years ago

Hi Dave - Thanks for the review! And interesting idea about the location for Google searches. I could see how adding your business location to the tags we have on your Public schedule might help. I'll make a note of it! Best, The Punchpass Team

Michele

Punchpass for Online

Pros:

The customer support daily whenever you require it.

Cons:

There's just a window of time to acclimate to the software to use it timely for your teaching.

Tracy
Owner in Ireland

Easy to use

Comments: It has been excellent - great to see online reservations, manage billing & get away from
Paper trail & cash sales

Pros:

Ease of use, cost effectiveness & ability to streamline revenue collection & bookings

Cons:

Nothing so far! I have not encountered any difficulties

Angie
Senior Beach Development Coach in Canada
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Love Punchpass!

Comments: Love it, it is a keeper. The software is great, super usable and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros:

I searched a lot for a program that would allow scheduling within a program that showed how many spots were left. This program ended up meeting our needs way more than expected. The program is extremely user friendly both from and administrator and user side. The staff and the organization is also extremely responsible to customer needs, I've had multiple situations where a recommendation or a concern was included into the next update. I really appreciate this software and this company.

Cons:

There isn't anything that I find is a con, they seem to take a lot of time to always be evaluating what the next improvement is.

Brian
Director IT in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Most of the features for the right price

Comments: The team over at Punchpass have been great! They have a simple straightforward chat client on all their pages and have been 100% responsive with 24 hours or less of all my requests. The software is going to meet all of our needs for right now. We are a woodshop and offer classes and shop time. Members can check online to see if the shop has open slots and can schedule before they come in. This keeps the shop from getting crowed at any given time. We also have the ability to open up classes to the general public for a price. Could be a little easier when we do mass edits, but part of the beauty of Punchpass is the simplicity and not having too many features helps them stay focused on their core competency.

Pros:

Simple and straight forward to use.

Cons:

There are some limits on mass updates and uploads. However the team is very responsive to special requests.

MiMi
Yoga Instructor in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

As close to perfect as possible!

Comments: The design is well thought out, intuitive, and user friendly. I have been able to do what I want to do without having to read all the instructions but found the instructions clear and to the point when I've needed them. The software seems stable and "bug free" (if such a thing actually exists). I wanted:
* Easy to Learn
* User Friendly
* No long term commitment required
* Free Trial that's really "no charge"
* Excellent Customer Service
* Simple Design that is clear and not overly complex in layout, processes, functionality, etc.
* Real time class check-in via iPad or Smartphone
* A monthly fee that fits into my very small business budget
My initial experience has been 100% positive and I am very excited about using more of the features! My only "cons" are really more of "wish list" of features I would like to see in the future:
* Facebook (and other social media) widget
* Ability to upload CSV files from my own dashboard (although the Punchpass people will do this for me now)
* Ability to change my logo (again, Punchpass will do this for me, so it's not a problem - just me wanting to be all self-sufficient)

Liezl
Teacher in Namibia

Great studio software

Comments: A good system for a larger studio.

Pros:

It’s a great alternative to MindBody. Much easier to setup and use and much more affordable.

Cons:

Being from Namibia, payment integrations of Stripe and PayPal don’t work for me, thus creating a a lot of manual payment processing.

4 years ago

Hi Liezl - Thanks for the review!

Bill

Organized at last!

Comments: I am the kind of person who likes everything in it's place. My business grew so fast I was creating different systems of organization to keep track. The only thing was there were so many different systems I couldn't keep track of customers, attendance, who paid what and when, which customers were active and on and on...until I learned of PunchPass.
Now I have one system which handles everything. I have been fortunate enough to grow with the added features PunchPass has developed over time. Every time I contacted them with a problem or needed report it was developed or added giving me a solution.
I have given them the highest rating except for ease of use. To be clear it is easy to use, but first you need to climb the learning curve. I tell each of my teachers who use it that they have to make all the common mistakes, then the system is very intuitive and easy.
In sum PuchPass is an integral part of my business, Hot Yoga Burlington, Vermont

Rebecca
Executive Director in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Love Punchpass for attendance tracking!

Comments: I have long searched for a simple solution to track my agency's events and attendance. Although we are not a yoga studio, we run classes and events with groups. We need to generate lists at the end of the month both by event and by attendee to show our funders how many events/hours we worked with clients, as well as how much time each client spent with us and what they did. After setting up my client list, now I just add my classes each month, and check people off when they attend. There is much more functionality to Punchpass, and we may use it in the future if we start charging for classes. It works well for us now, and will continue to work well if we grow in that direction. Thanks, Punchpass!

8 years ago

Thanks Rebecca! We have lot's of customers who use Punchpass in unique situations and we always love hearing how people use Punchpass to help their business/organization run better. Thanks again!

Celest
Director/Instructor in Canada
Used the Software for: Not provided

Liking what I see so far.

Comments: So far I'm liking what I'm seeing with this software. I was looking for a program to track how many people attend any given class, and the kind of pass they use. I'm really happy with the service and communication with the administrators of Punchpass. There are still some bugs to work out, and some additional features I would like to see, but all in all, I think this is going to be a great asset to my company. I don't know all the features I want to see yet, because I am still getting use to the program. Maybe one major feature would have a phone or tablet ap that works offline, so that I can take attendance without requiring an internet connection (the one at the studio I use isn't always reliable), and then sync the information when I am at a stable connection.

Ali

PunchPass changed my life

Comments: I had ( and still have!) a small growing fitness business..primarily dance fitness classes. I was using paper cards and it was making my life crazy.. People would lose them, and expect me to know what was on them, etc. Chris approached me to use his product in the first stages..and I have been with him and Punchpass ever since. It is the perfect tool for my business and to GROW my business. Every time I grow, and need something I have asked Chris.. and he has either made it happen or has found an even better solution. My clients love the ease of check in now. I have also referred many of my Fitness friends to use Punchpass and have heard nothing but happy stories. I am able to keep track of my clients needs and get in contact with them so easily now.