Filter by:

• Overall

About Paycor

Streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data using one intuitive platform.

Learn more about Paycor

Showing 2,069 reviews

Heather C.
HR Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"Great payroll software"

Comments: I used Paycor for two years for payroll and time reporting. The system did very well. I would have stayed with them if their HRIS was better.

Pros: The time and attendance and payroll functionalities are fantastic. Easy to use for both admins and employees. Robust reporting features. Employee profiles easy to use. Able to track 401k loans by setting goals.

Cons: HRIS features were not as robust as other platforms. Document storage was a big downfall as uploads were only saved by date of upload. No customization at all. There was no ability to create electronic workflows for setting up/terminating access when multiple roles (HR, IT, Payroll, etc.) had parts to play in the process.
My other dislike was my rep changed multiple times and I was not informed of the change. I would send emails with no response; finally call customer service (which took up to 2 hours to reach someone) and then to be told my rep changed.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Sara V.
Nursing Supervisor/Scheduler
Medical Practice
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2015

"Mostly positive experience with NimbleSchedule"

Pros: In general, I am very happy with this product as the person putting together the schedules!
It is easy to see when requests are put in, and it is nice that our nurses can easily pick up shifts and we do not have to deal as much with filling in open shifts.
It is very helpful that we cannot double book an employee - I'm sure that has saved me countless times.
I have had a good experience with Nimble for the most part.

Cons: Occasionally when our employees look at the month view of their schedule, the program switches days and patient accounts. This is the biggest flaw we have encountered.
It is also sometimes a pain to enter shift times, though that is becoming less of a hassle as I am becoming more comfortable with the program.
On holidays, it is great that they are all entered so we cannot forget what day the holidays are, but I have found that the system also blocks out all employees as "unavailable" on every holiday. This has caused some confusion and made those days a little bit harder to deal with.
I have also noticed that it is possible to double book a shift - something that we have to watch for closely but it is also helpful when we are setting up mentor shifts where we actually intentionally double book!
One last thing - it is hard (depending on account label colors) to print visible calendars.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2015
Tim S.
Accountant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"Software is nice but beware...."

Comments: Frustrating. Implementation was pretty much us holding their hands.

Pros: The software is intuitive and easy to use. Payroll processsing is (usually) a breeze.

Cons: Support is non-existent. We have had issues starting with implementation. The implementation team did not understand what we wanted and didn't set up the system properly. There were times when they did not even understand their software and how it worked (accruals). We have had 9 months of issues with payroll tax filings with Paycor.

by Paycor on 26/03/2021

Hi Tim - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. We understand and appreciate that the past months have not been easy, in fact it has been frustrating, please know our entire company is focused on righting the ship to deliver the customer support you deserve and expect. I can assure you this is 100% our entire companies focus from leadership all the way down.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"Great app to be on the top of payroll related information"

Comments: Gives me easy quick accessory anything related to payroll and employees information if need it. 24/7 access on the phone

Pros: Easy quick access to vacation sick hours, paystubs, employees information of need it.
Very user friendly app.

Cons: So far I love it, only our hr department time to time can't keep up to update, but That has nothing to do with the app

by Paycor on 15/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that Paycor is easy to use. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Tami W.
HR Coordinator
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Payroll software that meets business needs"

Comments: Paycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.

Pros: The report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.

Cons: I like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.

Katie K.
Executive Assistant

"Excellent Customer Service!"

Comments: All positive, helpful and amazing!

Pros: I would recommend paycor to anyone shopping around for new payroll services. It is a user friendly interface, every time I have a question and call in, they help me resolve it on the spot. I have never had any issues that have gone unresolved!

Cons: I would not even call it a con, but the hardest part for ME to use is the reporting function. BUT!! If I ever need anything, I call in and they help me with building a custom report!

Carla H.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2016

"Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting"

Comments: I have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.

Pros: Definitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.

Cons: Some of the setups for earnings and payroll deductions are not clear.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2016
Tami W.
HR Specialist
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2014

"Best product on the market!"

Comments: This is a great product! The ease of the system goes above and beyond my expectations. I love entering a new hire into the HR piece and everything is ready to go in payroll. There aren't a bunch of screens to go through, you scroll down and enter all information at once. Payroll is a breeze, we import from time and attendance, I'm alerted of warnings and a report of imported hours that may not match how an employee is set up. This is a huge help in correcting errors before the final import. Managing employees is simple, easy to find, update, and employees access their records. You choose what employees see and change, this helps with paper reduction. Last year was our first online benefits enrollment. My HR Specialist was fantastic helping set this up. We had some special rules; they helped me get it setup. Employees use Paycor to find information about benefits, plan details, coverage, contact info, websites, etc. This allows more time to focus on other areas of my job. It takes a little time to get everything entered and uploaded but worth it. The Performance Reviews were a little trickier, some things are required that we don't use, such as weights. You aren't able to pass this step unless something is entered, I'd rather it be optional. I created a rating group and wasn't able to remove it. Our supervisors really like it, there is room for improvement, we'd like employees to upload goals and achievements without having to rate themselves, if they don't do the self review it doesn't appear they can upload their information for the supervisor, but the supervisor is able to upload the information. I just started using the Recruiting section. I'm excited that to move to a paperless system for the supervisors to review resumes. I've only entered a few positions and the biggest drawback is I am not able to copy and paste the job description into Paycor. This makes the process time consuming to retype each one, but I like what I see with the ability to connect applicants to specific positions.
Overall I really like Paycor's system and look forward to the changes and improvements they continue to make. They have a feedback system you can post changes you'd like to see and you are able to vote on what others have entered. Having a different specialist for each part of Paycor is great; the customer service I get from them is outstanding! If you don't use Paycor you are missing out on making your life easier.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2014
Nick B.
IT Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Works Great but Seems Difficult to Set Up"

Comments: Paycor is an excellent payroll solution overall. Make sure you have your ducks in a row before switching from another payroll program. It helps our employees and the company stay on track with pay checks and benefits tracking. It is filled with features that are easy to access, but not overwhelming. I highly recommend Paycor.

Pros: My company uses this for payroll, and I have never had any problem with it. It always logs me in just fine and navigating both their website and mobile app is very easy and intuitive. It lets you look at pay stubs and gives easy to read breakdowns of deductions and taxes on every stub. It offers a countdown to payday for people who care about that. It is filled with features and the layout is such that everything is accessible, but at the same time not in your face and overwhelming. It really is a well built front end.

Cons: We transitioned to this software from another company, and it was a headache. People lost benefits and time off. People were skipped on Payday. This could have been issues on our end, but it seemed like Paycor did not do much to help out. Other than that there have been no other negative incidents to speak of.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Iwa S.
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"Easy to use and affordable timekeeping app"

Comments: Best option for the price- I have looked all over and Paycor was by far the most affordable. I wanted as simple as possible and this was perfect!

Pros: This app is SO EASY to use and for employees to figure out! Saves me tons of time when it comes to reviewing hours and getting payroll done.

Cons: I wish there was a way to allow employees to edit their own hours without making them an administrator.... maybe something that would flag it so I could approve or verify?

by Paycor on 17/12/2019

Hi Iwa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is easy to use and saves you time. I've also passed along your feedback to the appropriate team in regards to employees editing their hours. Have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Marsha K.
Business Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"MK Review"

Comments: My experience has been a positive one overall. Customer support is easy to work with and quick to respond.

Pros: It's pretty easy to use. The new employee wizard is very helpful making sure you don't forget anything in setting up a new employee.

Cons: If I have to pick one thing, I think it would be that it doesn't have the ability to run some "what if" scenarios easily. I'd like to be able to enter some variables for an employee - 401k deferrals, tax exemptions, etc and see how that affects the net per pay - or for the year.

David D.
Customer Success
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"If your a business, with a payroll, you will want Paycor!"

Comments: I have zero complaints, it works well, and I had no troubles with it. When we did switch from it (necessary not a choice) it was easy to move data over and was easily to integrate was on paycor. Very Satisfied!

Pros: It has a simple purpose, hour tracking and benefits information. It is the best in this field and is very simple to understand. Companies of 300-400 employees, and those of 500 to 1000, or more can use this easily and effectively. From a basic employee user perspective it is easy to understand and flexible. There are very few ways to make mistakes that cannot be reversed and its transferable from job to job (company to company).

Cons: Really only does a select few items, and the format is very basic towards those needs. Outside of its specific functions it really doesn't have too many uses. I say that for what it does its perfect, but has LITTLE outside uses.

Kayla B.
Human Resources Generalist
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Administrative Perspective"

Comments: We enjoy the ease of use and accessibility to training options. We enjoy our assigned customer service representatives. They really take the time to know and understand our company.

Pros: Ease of use
Accessibility
Ability to integrate with other software

Cons: Occasionally bad customer service representatives.
Limitations with document signing and uploading.
Time software is a little behind compared to other portions of the site.

Shannon R.
Accounting/HR Assistant
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Paycor - one stop shop for payroll and HR"

Comments: Paycor has been a significant improvement to our prior payroll processing system and separate HR software. Having all of the information in one system, yet having the ability to limit access of some of the modules on a by employee basis is a major plus.

Pros: Prior to Paycor, we had separate payroll and HR software. This required dual-entry of data, running the risk of having our data out of sync. Paycor also provides a time collection system. We opted to continue with our existing time collection system. Paycor was very willing to help us format export files from our current system, allowing them to be imported into the Paycor payroll module. I cannot say enough good things about the Custom Reports & Analytics. I can create and share reports within our organization, tapping into just about any field of data stored in Paycor. There are step-by-step prompts for entering new-hires, making the process simple and complete. Online access to W2's and paystubs is very convenient.

Cons: Paycor keeps about 1 year of past payroll documents online for easy access. I wish they kept them a little longer.

Keith A.
IT Director
Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2019

"Review"

Comments: When is comes to looking up info or having to get information about my benefits or employees, it works great. Being able to integrate insurance and time and attendence is also a nice feature.

Pros: I like how easy it is for me to get all the info about each of my employees. I can see their schedule and how much they worked also current pay and years of employment.

Cons: The time and attendence side of paycor is my least favorite part. It is slow, and looks like it was made in the 90s. It is very intuitive and takes lots of clicks to make minor changes.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2019
Karen B.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2017

"Too many surprises"

Comments: This product has many features that are fantastic, but as a new user (less than a year), I am still surprised on a regular basis by what it cannot do. There are many basic features that are illogical. New Hire documents can be uploaded to a library and included in the New Hire Onboarding process. Fantastic! There is no way to control the order in which the New Hire reviews those documents. New Hires onboard using their personal email address because they don't have a work email yet. Later, during a Benefit Open Enrollment, notifications can't be directed to their work emails but goes to their personal email address. A New Hire becomes active as soon as they complete the onboarding process, not on their Hire date. We found that out by paying a New Hire early. The custom template of instructions for Benefit Onboarding can't be saved; it has to be entered every time an Event is created. We have also had great difficulty with support. Lots of "We're sorry" and "You were dropped through the cracks". We have also been told, more than once, that it is our responsibility to make sure something is working the way it should. As a new user, we can't know what we don't know! Paycor isn't ready for prime time with this.

Pros: Payroll, Benefits and HR are connected and changes in any field updates across the modules (assuming it has been set up correctly). Employees can update much of their personal and payroll information themselves, saving the Administrator time. Onboarding of a New Hire works very well and not having all that paperwork in a file is terrific. If you get support rep on the phone, they are fantastic to help.

Cons: Paycor frequently directs the user to their Knowledge Base, which is extensive. So extensive that it's nearly impossible to sort through it looking for an answer to the question at hand. The reporting feature is the same way. Hard to find what you need and tough to create what you need. Their support is less than impressive. Implementation was not well directed, mistakes were made by Paycor and by us due to lack of guidance from Paycor. Once active, support has been inconsistent. We are frequently surprised to find what should be a simple task is not even possible. Implementation of improvements is slow to appear. The parts that work well are impressive, but overall we have been less than pleased and very frustrated.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2017
Michael H.
Credit Manager
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"Works well for employee access"

Comments: Enjoy using, and think it's a great tool to have all of your employee-related information right at your finger tips.

Pros: Im an employee, not an admin for this software, but it works well for me. I'm able to very easily see all of my pay history going back years, and I'm able to manage employee time cards and requests easily. I also like the benefits enrollment tools.

Cons: It's a little challenging finding employee PTO requests if you dont access them through the notification emails. Takes 4 or 5 clicks to find that area. But other than that, no complaints.

by Paycor on 23/04/2021

Hi Michael - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that benefits enrollment is easy! Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.
Pearson Campus Ambassador
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2016

"Fantastic Software!"

Comments: Nimble Schedule is an intuitive and powerful software that makes schedules easily accessible to employees. There are some basic functions that would make the software easier to use, such as batch-deleting shifts in a more intuitive way, or auto-scheduling based on employee availability. Batch-deleting exists, but is very difficult to use; auto-scheduling also exists, but doesn't work for our purposes. These are minor complaints, however. Nimble Schedule does scheduling very well, is flexible, and easy-to-use where it counts.

Pros: The software is powerful, well-priced, mostly intuitive, and easily accessible for employees. It is well-built, efficient, and looks modern. Nimble Schedule's best feature is its customer service. Customer service is generally available within minutes via the in-browser chat function. Representatives are friendly, respectful, and happily assist with any problems.

Cons: Some of the scheduling process is not intuitive; some of the features are not fully developed or robust enough for our purposes.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2016
Keon M.
Keon M.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"A Human Resource Manager on my Personal Computer"

Comments: In a world of automated voices when you call company hotlines for help; imagine my surprise when I was able to speak to Paycor's friendly staff and I was able to get help over the phone with some issues I had pertaining to calculating tax through their software. Generating reports and insights was quite simple the software has a feature called workforce insights which enabled me to provide information for stakeholders which would have normally been a tedious process since I would have had to collate info from several documents. Now all employee information is in one place.

Pros: I have enlisted Paycor as my Organisation's Human Resource manager because it is so versatile in it's functionality. It has been efficient in assisting with every aspect from when we have to hire temporary employees to assist with certain projects or permanent staff. With it I have each employees personal information at hand. Calculating Payroll for staff is now so much easier since this is also an integral feature of Paycor. In a breakdown I can see pay rates, timekeeping and benefits etc on one screen.

Cons: The interface for the mobile app is a little different from the interface on the personal computer. This in no way affects the functionality of the software. Just for me I prefer using my computer when using Paycor I guess I just like bigger screens as pertains to stuff like payroll.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Attention to the details on a company wide scale!"

Comments: This program overall is fantastic and easy to use on a wide scale. It's hard to imagine using another program.

Pros: The amount of information that can be put into Paycor is crucial from an HR side of things. For onboarding, it's the easiest software to use allowing users to see what needs to be filled out or setup very easily. This program can be your "one stop" for an array of things. Being able to request PTO, being able to clock in and out, being able to see paystub information, being able to see needed work documents, and being able to see work schedule are all things used on a weekly basis in Paycor and it is perfect for tools across the entire company.

Cons: Sometimes the clock in/out punches have delays or problems. It's a common issue many have ran into with my company regardless of how strong of a connection they are on. Because of the issue, sometimes clock punches are missed or inaccurate and time adjustments need to be made.

by Paycor on 20/11/2020

Thank you for you sharing your feedback! We would really love to learn more about your experience with clock punches so we can improve, please email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Connie M.
Accounting Professional
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"User Friendly Software that gets the job done"

Comments: Paycor has been a good software for payroll and the ease of use allowing employees to enter their time, and to also print payroll stubs, saving us time and money.

Pros: It is easy to use for the employees causing management less time in supervision. It also allows them to view past information.

Cons: Viewing paystubs is available, but it would be easier if it kept your place if you were printing, for example the entire year, or if you could select more than one period to print at a time.

by Paycor on 09/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Meighan P.
Director of Operations
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Fast and easy web based payroll entry from any computer anytime -- so convenient"

Comments: PROGRAM----I like the format of this program. It is easy to navigate and make changes for everything but the change of payroll date if it involves changing the payroll month. I feel the security features are adequate but I get frustrated with having to always get a temporary pass code to sign in. It offers many report features and I like being able to custom request a report. I recommend this payroll program. CUSTOMER SUPPORT --- This is the best feature of doing business with Paycor. The customer assigned representative feature CANNOT be beat. This is by far the most responsive company for conducting business. EVERY staff member on the team is polite, efficient and helpful. Even when I call before my local office opens my calls are routed to the east coast and are handled in the same fashion. I like the personal relationship aspect of the company. I like being able to give feedback on my interactions with said representatives. I also like being able to vote for some tokens of appreciation for the employees.

Pros: convenience

Cons: having to get temporary password all the time

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Chris Y.
HR Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"Good Software!"

Comments: I tested this software as a substitute of Paychex. Paycor provides integrations with 401(k) providers that ensure employees’ deductions are properly sent to the provider. It streamlines the process and allows employers the opportunity to choose the provider that will give the best plan to their employees. They also empower employees and managers to maintain their personal and team information from anywhere with an internet connection. Each team member will have a login that will allow them to make their own elections creating an easier, paperless, open enrollment process

Pros: Paycor’s Applicant Tracking Solution allows its users to post jobs, review resumes and approve or deny hiring within one application. Workflows send notifications to recruiters, hiring managers, and even candidates. It paints a picture of where every candidate is within the hiring process. It also provides analytics to help get rid of bottlenecks within each hiring step.

Cons: Paycor does not help manage HIPAA Compliance, Recruitment, and State Unemployment Insurance as a part of their human resource database. They also have a limited benefits packages when compared to their competitors. They only cover 401k and Medical Insurance while leaving off other vital plan options like Dependent Audit, FSA, HRA, Life Insurance, Premium Only Plan, SIMPLE IRA… etc.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Emma A.
Associate Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2021

"Easy-to-use Salary/PTO Tracking Software"

Comments: Easy-to-use HR software that allows for quick access to important salary, PTO and company information.

Pros: Extremely intuitive homepage/UI. When using this type of HR software, you want easy access to 1. Pay stubs/payment info, 2. PTO info, and 3. Tax Documents. All three are easy to find/access and they allow you to customize your homepage which is a bonus. The org chart (available as list or chart) is also an incredibly useful way to get to know the company or find details on a particular employee.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind, I'm very happy with Paycor and the features available. I've heard from colleagues that timecard entry isn't optimized but I do not have personal experience with this.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2021
Karen Y.
Medical Biller
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2016

"Paycor review"

Comments: Paycor software is very easy to use. Just click on a tab and you have everything you need at your finger tips. It's nice being able to see prior pay stubs and W2's when I need to. The time clock is just a few clicks and you are done. I don't see the money aspect of this to know how much we are charged but as an employee, I would recommend this software.

Pros: Ease of using it. Just a click on a tab and you have what you need at your finger tips.

Cons: It's hard to find the link for punching in, if it happens to get removed from my favorites/desk top. They should list this link, https://time.paycor.com/kiosk/58171, on the website.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2016