• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5

About SAP Litmos

The SAP Litmos learning platform enables thousands of global companies to deliver training in the now. More at www.litmos.com.

Learn more about SAP Litmos

Robin B.
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2016

"Easy, focused on corporate education and a better partner you cannot find!t"

Comments: We are a healthcare software company rapidly growing with needs to rapidly deploy education across our global employee network leveraging technology to avoid increases in head count. We implemented Litmos without a hiccup and our employees are 100% engaged! Our 90 day trending shows no end in sight to the benefits this incredibly easy to use technology will bring. Every person we encounter at Litmos is devoted to our success. A rare find in today's business world. I highly recommend you take a look if education is at the forefront of your company objectives!

Pros: easy technology with seamless implementation, customization to your needs, reporting available for most anything you want to measure, can use all kinds of different mediums that are easy to upload and use, cost to value is more than other systems researched, best online help I've ever seen

Cons: would love to see more delineation in privileges allowing me to customize for my company's use and specific needs

• Reviewed on 03/08/2016
Talia M.
Training and Franchisee Compliance Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2016

"Growing alongside Litmos"

Comments: I have been thankful to adopt the Litmos LMS with my job last year for many reasons. It is a user friendly platform and our ways of utilizing it are expanding. It's been great growing alongside Litmos. As new features develop, our company needs and ideas coincide almost perfectly. After attending the Litmos C3 Conference last year and learning a ton, I'm excited to see what's in store for this year and unveiling even more ways to utilize the program. My goal is to continue to see more use within our company for internal training purposes with multi-level users. Litmos is making that goal attainable as it expands, listens to feedback from existing customers, and supports users to see the potential in the platform!

Pros: Ability to upload documents, easy to read dashboard, mass management as well as personalized feedback options, account maintenance is easy especially password resets. Leaderboard offers friendly competition and incentive for users. Behind the scenes, it's easy to see where a user is experiencing difficulty or having trouble.

Cons: Integration to SF cannot copy emails or uploaded documents. Sometimes too many emails are sent to users overwhelming them when completing courses. Some customer service reps and account managers are excellent, others do not follow through. Litmos Author information is misleading in terms of what features are possible through the program. Inconsistent limitations on uploading videos, etc., as well as sometimes "glitchy" processing of not saving users' answers, not opening presentations, etc.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2016
Zakory B.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2017

"Simple, straightforward can help with compliance."

Pros: Very easy to use and the UI is simple. Had no issues with using the system and testing, important when considering an LMS for your team.

Cons: Training is boring by nature so maybe adding some additional features or analytics would be fun to see while training.

by Litmos on 06/03/2018

Hi Zakory,

Thanks for the feedback regarding your experience with Litmos! Yes, training can be boring. But we are trying our best to save the world from boring learning with our Litmos Heroes courses, and have a team dedicated to creating new courses and videos every week. I recommend checking it out!

Best,

• Reviewed on 08/12/2017
Bryan M.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Great Start For Our LMS"

Comments: I worked with our department to research and test different LMS programs and Litmos was definitely our top choice. We are also working with a third party web developer who is implementing the more technical details of how the LMS works with our current website and he independently suggested Litmos after reviewing our list of possibilities. Litmos provided us the most features while still staying within our budget. We were most impressed by the user interface which was simple, modern, and easy to read while offering the most customizable options. However, customizing more than color options requires a good knowledge and understanding of web design. Creating and uploading course content is very simple and provides many options to create content within Litmos or upload your own SCORM content. There is no built-in E-Commerce option, but has a great integration with Shopify that would allow you to sell your courses if necessary. I wish there was a way to create notifications within the system. If you complete a course or gain an achievement, you have to browse through the different pages to find your results. Since we are still implementing the LMS, we have not been able to really experience all of the bugs that will inevitably show up, but for now it has been great. Our program is a little unique in how it's set up so we are facing some challenges in how to adapt the Litmos services, but they still provided the most options whereas other Learning Management Systems just did not have anything to offer.

Pros: Great customer service, informative yet simple interface, multiple integrations that work well.

Cons: Missing "Teacher" role that allows outside trainers to grade assignments without full admin access. Mobile app looks great but mobile website is lacking. You need a good understanding of HTML/CSS/Code if you want more customization than just color changes. Lack of notifications within the system.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Jill M.
Curriculum Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"It just keeps getting better!"

Comments: We are able to get our eLearning content to our users very quickly. And, since I am in charge of communication, I also like the News feature and the ability to email everyone at once!

Pros: I like the fact that it is fairly intuitive. For the most part, you could figure it out on your own. It is working well for us right now. We are having issues with Flash player and popup blockers, but I think this is more a "by product" of our authoring tool than of the LMS. Other than that, we are mostly smooth sailing.

Cons: The reporting definitely needs to become more robust. We would like to see reports that provide time - time spent per module, total time spent learning this or that course, etc. We have requests from managers on that and it is very difficult - if not impossible - to provide.

by Litmos on 06/03/2018

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad to hear you have had a smooth-sailing experience using Litmos.

Our reporting will continue to improve in future product updates and enhancements. Please reach out to the team if you ever need some additional guidance.

Cheers!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Mike S.
Learning and Development Manager
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"Litmos sets the standard for SMB and Enterprise LMS solutions"

Comments: Easy to recommend due to ability of 1 T&D professional to work the system end to end. Also, due to its integrations with other HR platforms, such as BambooHR, data sharing is much easier and helps make Litmos to excel where other platforms run into brick walls requiring either PS resources or a heavy investment of time learning the idiosyncracies of the software.

Pros: Easy to use without a MIS or CS degree -- admin interface and extensive support resources make every function easy to use and smooth to operate
Robust feature set -- load any content to create a course, run standard and ah-hoc reports, manage the talent pool -- if you need to do it as an LMS admin or learner Litmos makes it easy to use without IT support
Intuitive interface for users -- it's hard enough to get people into an elearning training, fighting the LMS interface shouldn't be a barrier in their way -- with Litmos anyone can navigate the platform thanks to an intuitive interface and clear context prompts

Cons: Relative to other platforms, Litmos is a solid and slick performer. While there are other LMS out there that may be slicker to use, Litmos makes it easy to manage the content, the learners, and the data from one dashboard and I find the interface comprehensible from moment 1. Their content is pretty generic and more focus on distinctive content would help them stand out.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Margaret J.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2012

"Drmjamal Litmos LMS Review"

Comments: Even with the challenges, this package is considerably easier to use and effective with keeping my participants engaged. I do not have to provide a lot of instruction for usage. I would gladly recommend this to anyone who wants to host online instruction.

Pros: The interface is easy to navigate compared to other LMS packages. It is easy to upload video and Adobe captivate files.
I like being able to easily view my video before actually making my courses available.
The User interface for students is attractive and easy to navigate.
I like the turnkey certificate availability as well.
The price is reasonable and great for people like me who prefer to experiment with different options before a real launch.
The Customer Service has been pretty responsive to my questions in a reasonable time period. The responding parties appear knowledgeable and genuinely caring about my concerns. This is perhaps at the top of my list for choosing an online package.

Cons: The NOTES for the NOTICEBOARD is not easily edited. I have to discard and recompose the notes. There is no instruction that warned me about this.
I do not see the link that is needed to post the courses on my website.
I would like to have courses available in the library to show availability and still charge a separate fee.
It is not clear how to charge subscription fees as opposed to single one time charges.
I had some other challenges about the listing that I can't remember right now.

by Litmos on 24/01/2012

Thanks for the great review! A few people have mentioned the same issues with the notes section so we will be fixing this to allow editing.

Jeremy N.
Technical Trainer
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2017

"Litmos is a great product NOW and has a promising future based on the roadmap."

Comments: In a very short time, we went from ZERO eLearning to having role specific learning paths for most roles in our organization with a very small team of "do it all" team members. You can't do that without a flexible, intuitive, and powerful LMS.

Pros: It's very intuitive and easy to get up and running with very little training. No product/LMS has everything but Litmos has a LOT! The support team is pretty quick to respond when issues do come up.

Cons: I wish there was more consistency in the admin interface. For example, some modules/features offer search functionality and some do not. Some text entry areas have the rich text editor/source toggle and others do not. Little things, but they can have a big impact on admin user experience, ease of use, and huge time savers.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Scott H.
IT Training Admin

"Sazerac Co"

Comments: We are still evaluating this system. It does have a lot of impressive features that we have seen so far.

Pros: 1. Lots of features
2. Allows for upload of SCORM
3. Can customize themes
4. Lots of uploadable course options
5. Like the dashboard message settings
7. Like the team option
8. Customer support has been helpful in answering my emails so far, but I haven't had too many needs to address at this point.

Cons: 1. Would like to be able to track instructor led training classes in this system (sign up sheets, etc.) 2. Would like to be able to have more control in customizing the user account permissions. Ideally, we would like to be able to set someone like a Team Leader, but also be able to view the full library of courses that they can select to assign to their Team members. The Training Administrator level offers probably too many options for general use and the Team leader doesn t have access to the Course Library. Also, wouldn t want Team Leader to create accounts either. 3. Just for our purposes, but it would help us if the trial was a 30 day trial. I'm having a hard time pulling everyone together to review this system in the short window of time. 4. Would like to be able to customize the look and feel a bit more. Maybe a few more options here would be nice such as layout options, sizing and positioning of banner header, custom links fields that can be added, etc.

Julianne R.
ZapposU Systems and Communications Specialist

"Simple and Clean UI"

Pros: I love the simple and clean user interface. It's great that you can drag and drop pieces of content into a course and quickly connect courses to create a learning path.

Cons: There are a number of bugs that need work, and inaccurate data shows up in some of my reports. Also, support is hit or miss in terms of quality responses.

Hi Julianne,

We appreciate your feedback. We're happy to hear that you have found the user interface to be simple and clean.

Stuart L.
Director Product Marketing
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Very useful for sharing sales collateral and tools with employees and customers"

Pros: Easily able to establish new customer portals and push information to internal sales staff. Great for central repository for all company documentation.

Cons: Not so user friendly for Admins. Hard to upload and publish multiple documents quickly. Very serial process. Portal subscriber usage statistics insufficient.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Danielle T.
Senior Training Specialist
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2016

"An Easy-to-Use LMS"

Comments: We started with a very complicated LMS that we did not love at all. When our contract was up, we went searching for something else. We can across Litmos and it seemed to be just what we were looking for: simplified, easy-to-use, but does all the same things that our old LMS could do. So we went for it, and we haven't regretted it since!

Pros: It's incredibly user-friendly and gets the job done. It has many functions and helps makes the training processes fun.

Cons: Some functionality is limited, but Litmos is constantly working to add in features.

• Reviewed on 02/09/2016
Michelle L.
Youth Advocacy Program Associate
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2017

"I've had a positive experience using Litmos LMS as an admin on the site and a user."

Pros: It's user-friendly and easy to navigate. I also like that there is a mobile app for our users to access content. The support team has been responsive to questions and requests. Updates to software has also benefited our team and our content.

Cons: One of the things that my team and I have had an issue with is not being able to bulk delete users once they are in the system, or having to individually reactivate any deactivated or inactive users.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience using Litmos.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2017
Maxanne W.
Training Facilitator
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2016

"A Great Admin Friendly & User Friendly LMS!"

Comments: I spent several months searching for the right LMS for our company and the answer was Litmos! It is so user friendly for both the admin and the learner.

Cons: Right now there are 1 or 2 small bugs with one feature of their site (Learning Paths) but I know their IT team is working hard to fix the problem!

by Litmos on 12/07/2016

Hi Maxanne,

Thank you for the feedback! We will notify you when those bugs are fixed. Please let us know if you ever have any questions!

- The Litmos Team

• Reviewed on 29/06/2016
Kent Y.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"Excellent LMS for Sales Enablement"

Comments: Support= 9/10
Free Trial= was very helpful
Ease of use 8/10
Would recommend for Sales Enablement= 8/10

Pros: Product has the unique flexibility to handle Sales Enablement requirements. Sales Enablement reflects a "practice" and Sales IP that is central for a reproducible, measurable sales Model(s). Additionally, ability to align ILT to course content is essential. Limos allows of an intuitive acquisition of the precise information a sales person is seeking. Lastly, it has a "SALES FLOW PATH" capability called a Learning Flow Path. This allows for training sales teams in a methodical way with predicable outcomes.

Cons: Not a con....but any LMS will take time to become fluid in its use and leveraging all its features. Out of the many that was evaluated..this product/company was the top of my list for 100 employees or less. That said, it is scalable but that was not a consideration for our needs.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Izabela S.
HR Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Good for what we need!"

Pros: It is easy to use and to update. Our employees seem to have no issues logging in and taking the courses.

Cons: There are occasional code changes. This causes an issue for us sometimes, but we call and get it fixed.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Erica O.
Youth Advocacy Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"Growing Platform with Responsive Customer Service"

Pros: Clean interface, reporting features, company responsiveness to customer needs and customer service as a whole - Litmos has grown and improved tremendously even just since we started using the product.

Cons: Design is sometimes clunky and doesn't translate well across devices; some components of the program aren't intuitive and featured you would expect aren't available.

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you find our interface clean and enjoy our reporting features.

Have a wonderful day!

Jo C.
Recruiting/Compliance
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Great LMS"

Pros: The site is amazing it allows you to customize it to your brand and our employees enjoy it. It's easy to use, has a checklist feature, great support, and has a beautiful design.

Cons: The different level of permissions are pretty broad. I would like to be able to give specific permissions, i.e. the ability to edit passwords, to others without having to change their role.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Leslie F.
Training & Outreach Manager, Youth Advocacy
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"As a nonprofit organization, this LMS was the easiest, most intuitive and cost effective option"

Pros: Customer support is amazing and super responsive. The platform is user and mobile friendly and intuitive

Cons: Doesn't always have the functionality we need but they are always open to our suggestions and implement many of them

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted that you've found Litmos easy to use and intuitive.

Have a wonderful day!

Hasan T.
Digital Marketing Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"Non-existant support and impossible to cancel"

Comments: Poor experience.

Pros: Software had commonly used LMS features and was SCORM compliant.

Cons: One day suddently the billing area disappeared from our account with a link to go to an alternative area that didn't work. They continued to bill us and we couldn't get any invoices or change payment details. Many months later I contacted someone by email who setup an alternative billing portal. When we wanted to cancel, we asked the rep and he said to send an email to them requesting cancellation. Nothing happened and 6 months later we still keep getting invoiced. The rep was helpless as well and agreed with our position. He recommended to remove payment methods to stop getting billed and initiate a chargeback. Their own rep telling us to do this. No email to their accounts department gets replied to ever. AVOID.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Gustavo T.
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2017

"We readearched a lot of systems and by far Litmos and and continues to exceed expectations"

Pros: User friendly, the team support team is responsive to our request and need and continues to amaze us with new rollouts. This system is truly one of a kind!

Cons: It's hard to find a lot of cons with the system. The system did not have prerequisites BUT the last rollout had them included. They are responsive to the customer which is awesome.

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed working with our support team.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2017
Vice President of Operations
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Good integrations and easy to use"

Pros: This is an easy platform to set up and use. It has good integration with Salesforce and allows us to have tracks and badges that make learning fun.

Cons: Best for internal training - it is not as good for external training, which is what our needs are. Also the design options are limited.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Chris M.
Training Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Easy to get up and running. A lighter, more agile LMS that does what you need it to do."

Comments: House, track and report on training within the project.

Pros: Learners find Litmos easy to use. Implementation was a snap compared to heavier enterprise systems.

Cons: I'm always looking for easier integration into existing organization tools, and deeper analytics such as question level reporting.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2017
Nikkol G.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Decent"

Pros: We when first started our small business this was a good alternative for us. There were very few light users LMS plans available.

Cons: The price. Their prices kept going higher and higher and we had no alternative other than discontinuing our subscription. Not great customer support. We had to follow up more than once before our account was closed.

by Litmos on 02/08/2018

Hi Nikkol,

We appreciate your feedback regarding pricing. The more we add new features, functionalities, product releases and members to our ever-growing team, it is a natural occurrence for pricing to occasionally increase. With that said, our award-winning LMS is known for being more cost-effective than many of the other 1,200 vendors in the space.

Best of luck and hopefully you will consider Litmos again the future.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Danielle H.
Sr training manager
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2018

"Litmos worked for us"

Comments: Overall we were happy with Litmos until our business need expanded

Pros: Our organization enjoyed how easy it was to implement as well as use the software from both an admin and learner perspective.

Cons: I wish their customer support had been more responsive. I was looking for a feature or option for multiple domains and never received an answer. I also wish the reports had more customization options.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2018