• Overall

About Filecamp

Digital Asset Management & Media Library software in one integrated, secure and cost-effective solution. Unlimited users in all plans!

Learn more about Filecamp

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Filecamp before?

Ashley H.
Marketing Manager in US
Machinery, 11-50 Employees

Filecamp is our media library

4 2 years ago

Comments: Being able, to brand, control users and share files via link has made things much easier for our sales staff and for uploading content to our distribution channels. Working with larger vendors who need a huge amount of product artwork for their online catalogs, love that I can send them their own library of content.

Pros:

We previously used Dropbox but it became a file wasteland with difficult to find files. For Media Files Filecamp and the ability to see thumbnails was a huge improvement.

Cons:

I would like to be able to have a navigation that could mimic our current website and/or integrate into Wordpress. I think finding items is tricky for users not familiar with clicking around to find things.

Alternatives Considered: Hightail

Reasons for Choosing Filecamp: Filecamp allowed us to show file thumbnails and share items without the users needing to install Dropbox.

Switched From: Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Filecamp: I liked the Filecamp interface and features.

2 years ago

Thanks Ashley! More integration options are on the roadmap.

Hiran T.
Hiran T.
Mechanical Engineer in India
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

A formal file and media sharing tool for an enterprise.

4 6 months ago

Pros:

A formal sharing tool the user can upload, manage and share the file with the other file camp users. It's a simple, quick and easy cloud storage solution. The user can create a folder and upload the folders which keep the information organized. The user can add a description to the file so that other users get the information about the file. The user can use tags to the file which help to find a particular file quickly. The user can download the original uploaded file with lower resolution files. The file camp allows the enterprise to add its company branding and titling. The user can set a custom theme for the user interface. The application is available in Android, Windows, Mac and website version.

Cons:

The subscription plan is pricey for small enterprises, would have introduced custom subscription plans. In-person, webinar training support is not available. Customer support should improve the response time and resolution of the issues. The user interface should improve the simplification of the options.

Principal in US

An affordable option for file sharing that is more customizable/brandable than Google Drive

4 2 years ago

Comments: We've just completed our free trial and will be converting to a paid account. We were unsure as to whether this solution would simply duplicate what we're doing in Google Drive, but the customization and notification features have convinced us to sign on.

Pros:

I like the ability to set up branded file sharing areas for each of my clients. I also like the ability to offer different download sizes, as well as email notifications when new files are added (as far as I know, notifications are still not a feature in Google Drive, or if it is, it's nearly impossible to figure out how).

Cons:

Some of the user interface features are a bit outdated. The platform would be more familiar to users (aka easier to use) if things like the "previous / next" and lightbox exit links were more in line with current trending design.

2 years ago

Hi there, Happy to announce that we have just improved large preview interface with previous/next arrows + better zoom-, full-screen-, and print options :) You can follow all updates here: https://filecamp.com/release-notes/

Ryan N.
Director of Marketing in US

I did my research, and this is the best DAM for your money

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's been great - I've had to reach out to customer service with questions a few times, and each time I received a timely response back from the co-founder himself.

Pros:

Ease-of-use is a big one - for me, having a capable software with many features is important but also being able to quickly find something / upload new files is just as important, and Filecamp has figured that process out.

Cons:

Honestly, I don't have a complaint. I work in a field that is historically not tech-savvy, so the only issue I've had is getting people to utilize the software vs. asking me to do it for them. This has nothing to do with Filecamp, just human nature.

Alternatives Considered: Canto

Reasons for Switching to Filecamp: Pricing, features/functionality, unlimited users included in price, custom domains

Thanks Ryan!

Roshani K.
Technology & Digital Operations Director in US
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees

Great Digital Asset Management Option for a Great Price

5 2 years ago

Comments: We were looking for a way to easily manage our photos and videos, so we can find them easily. We have Google Drive, but you can't tag photos and videos, and add other details. I also love the option of giving people a link, so they can upload images. We recently did this for an online event, and asked people to upload their selfies. Anytime we have questions, we send an email to support, and get a response right away. We also appreciate the nonprofit pricing option, which makes it affordable. I highly recommend Filecamp.

Pros:

Filecamp offers a great way to manage your digital assets like photos and videos. You can easily bulk upload and tag images, so they are easy to search for. They also offer nonprofit pricing, and great customer support.

Cons:

There are new features that can be added to make it even better, and their support team is open to ideas for new feature requests.

Thanks Roshani :)

Richard B.
Partner in US

Excellent Solution

5 2 years ago

Comments: Don't have to worry - always know Filecamp will work and represent us well to our clients when we share file, etc.

Pros:

Easy to use, always reliable. Price is reasonable as well

Cons:

All good, there is nothing i don't like. Perhaps the most reliable software/service we use

Thanks, Richard!

Tomasz M.
Co-Owner in Poland
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Very satisfied

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and overall look and feel: Cleam and professional. User management. But most of all, the customer service experience has been great!

Cons:

I guess you could get cheaper options, but will you also be satisfied with customer care?

2 years ago

Thanks Tomasz, and you are always very welcome back :)

Janina K.
Director of Marketing in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Digital Asset Library

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great system for remote teams!

Pros:

Ease of use, the ability to bulk add users, the admin log of activities

Cons:

Need to be able to personalize sharing URLS.

2 years ago

Thanks for your feedback! :) FYI: You can personalize sharing URLs to some extent using our Vanity URL feature: https://filecamp.com/support/share-file-links/#vanityurl

Joshua J.
Digital Copywriter in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Great Tool for Creating Internal Catalogs

5 last year

Comments: It's great! It does what we need and the adjustable plans/price ranges allow for the flexibility to change as our needs change.

Pros:

Easy to organize, great tagging/search tools, straightforward admin interface. We use it is an internal catalog of creative assets, organized by asset genre folders, and tagged for keyword searching. It's been the right tool for the job!

Cons:

I wish it was easier to section things off for search purposes. The function might exist, but I've yet to find it.

last year

Hi Joshua Thanks a lot! You can use Boolean search operators to narrow down your search results. Read more: https://filecamp.com/support/boolean-search/

Michael T.
President in US
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

File Camp Cloud storage for Dealer Collaterals Sharing

5 11 months ago

Comments: It's good. I like it.

Pros:

It's a pretty clean interface for the most part. Files seem to be there and stable all the time. Can hold quite a bit of data. Sharing isn't too complicated and once you share, access is easily achieved unlike some other programs.

Cons:

I am still not sure what specific improvements i would like to see. Perhaps adding a message space to preset groups folder sharing.

Kathy O.
Marcom Mgr in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees

Filecamp Simco-Ion, Technology Group

5 11 months ago

Comments: This will be a good tool for our channel partners, distributors and reps to get access to our images, docs, videos, etc.

Pros:

The ease of use, functionality, easy to learn, bulk action tool.

Cons:

Permissions might be an issue for some users.

11 months ago

Thanks Kathy :)

Fabio B.
ADMINISTRATOR in Italy
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

PERFECT SOFTWARE FOR TAX ADVICE

5 last year

Comments: I'm completely satisfied

Pros:

I'm using this filecamp software since 6 months and I can confirm that is the right DAM I was looking for after long research. The most important value for my business is the possibility to add unlimited users. I can create multiple user account for my costumer and create a customized workflow for any of them. Very easy to download, share and upload files from any device, the platform cloud based is fast and offer an user experience professional to my corporation.

Cons:

the possibility to customize the platform in other languages

last year

Thanks, Fabio. We hope to have more languages added soon. We'll keep you posted.

Keith G.
Principle in

Great product!

5 8 years ago

Comments: Filecamp is a very easy to use platform for sharing files with clients. The best thing about it is the brain-dead simple interface for customers to upload files to me. Customers have commented on how easy it is. A great alternative to FTP.

Thanks!

John M.
Currently freelance in
Used the Software for: Not provided

FIlecamp is the best DAM SaaS app I've ever seen!

5 7 years ago

Comments: First of all I LOVE this software! You guys keep rolling out amazing upgrades, and the system just flat works great every day. It's truly the best DAM SaaS app I've ever seen.
It's affordable and easy to use. Thank you!!

Thank you!

George stuart A.
Financial Adviser in UK
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

I'm off to camp!!

4 last year

Comments: Well priced software, with great features and storage capacity. uploading a bit frustrating, but that has been my experience with other file managers. file thumbnails is a godsend to quickly grab a document/file you are after

Pros:

This product is a great 'warehouse' for my work files, keeping them in order with the facility to access them via quick search functions is excellent

Cons:

It is an issue with most file manager, file sharing applications that the uploading of files can be a little unintuitive. But i think this is less of an issue with Filecamp than previous experiences I have had with the likes of dropbox.

last year

Thanks, George! We have plans on refining the upload experience. So stay tuned!

John L.
Director in Ireland

Filecamp is powerful, simple to use, great value for money

5 2 years ago

Comments: Excellent. Support is the best we have seen from any 'software as a service' product, and we use lots.

Pros:

The ease and simplicity of set-up and of use. There is no complexities to it. Easy share files, based on permissions. You can brand as your own. Support responses are quick and helpful. It's also inexpensive - a low monthly fee. There are no contracts, either. It's a great model for both Filecamp and for us. Great for them, because they must know that users are going to stay on-board. We will!

Cons:

We like everything about it. We opted for the basic version because it has everything we need.. for now. There are some extra features we would like, that are in their more advanced versions, but for now very pleased with what we have.

Thanks, John :)

Morgan H.
Project Manager in US
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees

Filecamp Adds Value to Organizations

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Filecamp has been instrumental in the organization of our company's media collection (logos, photographs, videos, and literature). What I love about Filecamp is number 1: that it works! And number 2: that it is incredibly easy to use for both administrators and users. The design is simple, intuitive to navigate, and customizable. We didn't realize how badly we needed Filecamp until we started using it. The creators seem to be truly invested in the success of their product.

Cons:

We had a slight difficulty integrating Filecamp's user requests into our email security process. Filecamp rapidly responded to our concerns, devoted a significant amount of time, and completely resolved the issue for us.

2 years ago

Thanks, Morgan. Great to have you!

Bill M.
VP Marketing / Brand in US
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use, easy to share. Great way to share assets for business.

5 2 years ago

Pros:

W At Surly Brewing Co., we love the ease of use and versatility of the FileCamp platform. We adopted FileCamp as a replacement for a cumbersome system of sharing assets via Dropbox last winter, and couldn;t be happier with the ease, the appearance and the functionality.

Cons:

FileCamp isn't quite as robust as some of the dedicated digital assets systems, but for the ease, and price it does its job admirably.

Thanks, Bill :)

Tim B.
Digital Manager in Australia
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Good compromise on price/functionality for small business

5 2 years ago

Comments: we joined before the current version, it was lacking a little but all that functionality was added in the current version plus it got easier to use.

Pros:

ease of use, features and the price options

Cons:

for the price i think it has all the needed features. Ideally being able to put active/inactive dates on iamges to show/hide them and possibly a way to archve expired images off filecamp to save space.

2 years ago

Thanks! You can set expiry dates on your files and choose to have expired files automatically moved to your trash. Read more: https://filecamp.com/support/general-settings/

Alastair M.
Client Services Director in Canada

Does what it says on the can!

5 9 months ago

Comments: Filecamp allows us to save time in administering and sharing material with over 120 partners. The partners can simply self service and get pre approved material directly.

Pros:

The ease of setup and administration is very simple and the learning curve for users is very easy.

Cons:

none at this time. We haven't encountered a use case that is beyond the realms of the application

9 months ago

Thanks Alastair!

Thomas L.
Content Provider in Canada

Poor Mobile experience, Mixed browser compatibility, Minimalist UI, Buggy

2 4 years ago

Comments: Not many, it works but not naturally. Lot of work arounds. Constantly educating clients how to use the software.

Pros:

Has most of the features I need. Uploading is easy. Has the tagging functions and ability to add users.

Cons:

The features don't all work well or are not well implemented. No real search function, poor mobile performance. Been having buggy performance lately. Informing users of new galleries or selects or other changes is nearly non existent, users can be notified when files are added to a folder but it just lists the file names in an email. It should rather show a preview of the images added and send them their login credentials to view it or make logins for clients easier.

4 years ago

Hi Thomas We are currently working on Filecamp v4 (gigantic update!) which will address the issues you have experienced! Other headlines are; new user interface, better performance, full mobile/touch compatibility, folder upload, FTP mount, easier user management, advanced search features, improved online proofing/commenting, more notification options, bulk adding of tags, more metadata options, auto-tags, custom pages ... and a lot more. The good news is that Filecamp v4 will be awesome!!! The bad news is that it will probably take us another 5-7 months before we can release it, and I hope you can wait. Do reach out to me if you have any questions. Best regards, Jesper Faurby co-founder Filecamp.com

Deeksha J.
Business Systems Implementer in Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Easy to use. Options available are pretty straight forward.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

1) User friendly 2) Covers most of the features that is required for file sharing 3) Allows labelling and adding comments which is useful while reviewing 4) Provides tight permissions on the document.

Cons:

1) Cannot edit the contents of the document online. It should always be downloaded 2) Would have been better if there were more customisation options. Currently we can only add company logo and name 3) Storage capacity

2 years ago

Thanks! In the new version of Filecamp, you can also add a background image to your login page.

Mike A.
Director in UK
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Image Database Tool

5 9 months ago

Comments: Filecamp has allowed us to seamlessly store our content in a single location, arranged in a logical structure. tagged/classified and easy to view. Our digital assets are now significantly more accessible and valuable as a result.

Pros:

We were looking for a tool that allowed us to easily host, sort and view our images. Filecamp allowed us to do that with ease. The ability to arrange files in a tiered structure, and then view/scroll through files easily was one of our main criteria.

Cons:

So far we have not found any cons for what we need Filecamp for.

Stephen G.
Graphic Designer in US

Filecamp a good option for data storage

4 10 months ago

Comments: Most of the issues we have come across have been resolved by Filecamp staff in a fairly short amount of time. They were always quick to respond to questions/concerns and have taken steps to fix issues fairly quickly.

Pros:

It is a cheaper data storage alternative to what we were using previously. Uploads are fairly easy (and very fast) , especially since they have made some updates over the last few years.

Cons:

We prefer to have a years worth of folder hierarchy set up in advance of data uploads, but have to use the FTP for empty folder uploads. The regular upload function will not work for empty folder structures.

9 months ago

Thanks Stephen

Chris P.
Marketing Director in US
Public Safety, 501-1,000 Employees

Need a DAM to get started? This is the one!

4 10 months ago

Pros:

We were desperately in need of a DAM, but wanted to avoid the high price tags and complex setup prices. Filecamp gave us the features we needed without complexity or high price.

Cons:

It's going to have a lot less features than other DAMs, but if you're looking for something entry level like we were, then that will hardly seem like a loss.

Alternatives Considered: Bynder, Webdam and Widen Collective

Reasons for Switching to Filecamp: I choose Filecamp because of the value for money.

10 months ago