• Overall

About Act!

Act! makes it easy for businesses to grow, delivering proven CRM and powerful emarketing, the ultimate toolset.

Learn more about Act!

Director of operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"There isn't a better contact manager on the market"

Comments: Managing a large database of contacts allows me to seamlessly look up information

Pros: I prefer a desktop application for contact management it's a bit of learning curve to start but the customization it's exactly what I needed to do

Cons: Active slow down my system using SQL Server I do notice of reduction in performance but it's negligible

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Daniel W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"ACT Database manager"

Comments: I have been a user since 1989. Customers support has always been good and I would be hesitant to use anything else.

Pros: It is very comprehensive and customizable. Keeps all my contact data in one place with web access anywhere.

Cons: It is not the easiest program to learn. There are many facets to the program, some which I am sure I am not utilizing.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Angela F.
Admin Assistant
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2017

"This is the worst CRM ever! I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy."

Comments: It is easy to use when it is working correctly.

Pros: It is easy to use when it actually works. I receive emails advising my current version is expiring quite often so it keeps me informed regularly.

Cons: The syncing feature doesn't not always work between the different platforms that we have in our office. In an office of Sales Reps, we need a CRM that will sync in real time but sometimes this CRM won't sync for an hour which makes it difficult for us to schedule appointments for our Sales Reps.

by Swiftpage on 28/11/2017

Hi there Angela,

Sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with Act! I understand where you're coming from, and you're right that while using our remote database synchronisation feature can allow for very flexible office/out-of-office set ups, it does remove the 'real-time' sync capabilities.

Did you know that our Act! Premium Cloud service allows you to access you data (hosted by us) in real-time over the internet from anywhere in the world?

We really appreciate your feedback, and we're committed to make improvements across the board with every release! I really hope we can restore your opinion of our software with some of the improvements we've got planned in the future!

- Jon,
Act! Social Media Specialist

• Reviewed on 27/11/2017
Emerson R.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"Full Customization"

Comments: Expensive but if you can afford it, the custom software is a great business tool for dealing with customers across multiple departments within a company.

Pros: When we first started using this program, there was a rep. from Act who went around to each department and made specific profiles for each department that allowed us to see the information we use on a regular basis. The lady worked with us for over a month to get everything set up like we wanted. Now each department can access all the information in Act but the information is tailored to accounting, or warranty or reception, etc.

Cons: It took a very long time and lots of revisions to get the program set up for our needs. Thankfully the ACT rep was patient and worked with us until we had what we needed.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Amazing software"

Comments: The fact that I can track all e-mails from my clients within ACT.

Pros: I have been using this software since it first came out known as Contact Software. I have been through every version so you know that I like it. The interface with Word works beautifully.

Cons: I mind the high pricing. In today's market with other competition this product should be priced better.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Jeffrey D.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2017

"ACT as a multiple tasking CRM and more."

Comments: ACT is an outstanding CRM tool, but we use it in multiple ways to not only connect and keep connecting with our customers and prospects, but also use the mail merge function to create packing slips, invoices, and sales orders for our products. Smaller firms leverage all tools they have, and ACT is used across our platform for many multiple uses making it most cost effective and productive for our operation.

Pros: Capability/Capacity

Cons: Update the templates in mail merge function. They are really old.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2017
Michael S.
Senior Product Manager
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Its okay - there are better cloud based options..."

Comments: I am the admin and a user as I am in ti everyday. I administer users and do training.

Pros: Easy to use - feels familiar even on first use and isn't hard to get started.

Cons: Cumbersome and slow. Once you start getting thousands of contacts in the system get use to watching the hourglass. Server needs to be restarted weekly. Their cloud based solution is lacking in features and not as mobile friendly as other options.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Dave L.
Operations
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"One of the best CRM's on the market"

Comments: We have used ACT! for years and could not function without it. It allows us to close prospects and monitor the entire sales process. Once they are clients, we can manage them easily.

Pros: Probable the most powerful CRM we have used. Once it is set up it allows you to follow the entire sales process from prospect to sale.

Cons: Can be difficult to set up initiallly. Issues with a couple phones compatibility.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Luke T.
Principal/Owner/Vice President
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"We have been using ACT for our recruiting database since 2007."

Comments: We were able to design a custom database to manage both clients and candidates in a very efficient manner.

Pros: It is fairly easy to use and customize. We have over 15,000 contacts in our database and the reporting functions allow us the manage our contacts efficiently.

Cons: The relationship between MS Office and Act requires updating about every 3 years. We are currently on our third version of ACT. Upgrading is easy though and the customer support is excellent.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Greg G.
sales executive
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2016

"ACT CRM Review"

Pros: This product is a solid CRM for keeping track of your customers and their orders. It is good for a basic or general CRM for the SMB market. If used correctly you will never have a problem of not knowing the last thing a customer ordered, where a customer moved, the rep assigned to the account, the last person in the organization to communicate with the account or the type of infrastructure the customer has. Overall it is a solid product that provides the basic qualities of a good CRM tool.

Cons: ACT sometimes gave issues with integrating with other tools. There were sometimes issues with providing reports of the data within the system. Overall I did not experience too many other issues though

• Reviewed on 22/07/2016
Susan M.
Franchisee
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"Great Software - Easy to Use"

Comments: The cloud version on my phone or tablet is not as easy to navigate like the desktop remote version.

Pros: Easy to use and navigate. Able to review notes from past clients and track follow up easily.

Cons: Upgrades. Every other month when the upgrades occur, I have to spend one hour on the phone with technical support since it never uploads correctly. I have been a user of this software for 16 yrs. I know what I am doing but the upgrade never works as intended.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Richard H.
Vice President
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Solid CRM Program"

Comments: I have been using ACT for over ten years and found it well suited for my small business application

Pros: I particularly like the fact that it has all of the fields that I need and it is easy to use.

Cons: I guess the most I like least is the amount of features and benefits that I am not really using due to the fact that I like the simplicity and don't go for the complex. I am sure I am not using the software to its true potential but I like its consistency and ease in application and process.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Elaine G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Why I have used ACT for over 20 years"

Comments: I have been with ACT for over 40 years and rely heavily on this software to run my business.

Pros: ACT combines daily tasks with communication with my contacts. We have stayed with ACT because of the multiple functions it provides. Also it now syncs with Outlook and my phone so I have everything I need with my always. Since they went to a cloud based format, everything works together.

Cons: I wish it was compatible with MAC. Other than this, I am extremely happy with my choice.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Steven T.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Customer Service is Awful"

Pros: It is a good CRM solution. It works well with my sales team. It accomplishes what I need it to do.

Cons: Customer service is horrible. There are times where the software would go down and they would not compensate or even be concerned that their software wasn't working. I have spent numerous hours in one day trying to tell them my software was broken and they would never listen or fix the problem. It took another hour to escalate it to a manager or supervisor who didn't know how to fix the problem or give a solution. Frustrating.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Newfoundland & Labrador Sales Manager
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"Portable and Convenient access to your contacts!"

Comments: Allows me to track customer interactions immediately upon leaving their office while the conversation is fresh in my mind! Reduces the amount of paper and any problems associated with lost paper notes.

Pros: The fact that I can check my customer notes from anywhere I have internet access is great. You can be called to a last minute meeting and have all your customer notes at your fingertips before walking in to their office.
The ability to dictate notes using your phone or tablet is also great.

Cons: Occasionally glitches out when moving between contacts and agenda items.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Lisa I.
admin
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"works within our team as long as you discount the qwerks between versions interfacing"

Comments: sales data collection, contact info saved, record of calendar events, etc

Pros: ease of scheduling is good in this software, adding information to the database is also quite simple and user friendly.

Cons: Do not like the way the different versions of this software sync up together - desktop version versus cloud version do not react well together within our office.

by Swiftpage on 12/09/2017

Hi Lisa,

There are quite a few ways you can set up database synchronization in Act! It sounds like the deployment you're currently using might not be the best implementation for your business.
We'd be happy to advise you on best practices. Just give us a call and explain your business needs.

Thanks

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Peter B.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"ACT! has served us well for more than twelve years."

Pros: ACT! is my client record system of choice. We've been using ACT! for at least twelve years. I find it is an easy way to track client details and history. Data entry is simple. I particularly like the fast Search function. Keyboard shortcuts make the application even easier to use. I have tested other CRMs. ACT! has always ranked top of the list for me. ACT!'s annual updates have always improved the product. Customer support has improved year by year too.

Cons: The Outlook interface is good but the synchronising facility could be better. Sometimes we experience hang-ups when synchronising selected lists between ACT! and Outlook.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Robert C.
Sr Metrology Lab Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Powerful Contact & Correspondence Management"

Comments: I would recommend that this application be considered for those shopping for a contact management and email correspondence archiving tool.

Pros: ACT! is a power contact correspondence management tool that archives your emails with a given individual for future reference. It also help track agreements and proposals sent by email, dates, and changes in contact information. Contacts are logged by name and company, so it's easy to find all emails to and from a given company as wells as an individual. The tool is very powerful and provides a lot of function including many tools that I don't need to use. These are likely useful for sales people.

Cons: Some of the functions are bit hard to find. For example, the add note function is hidden on the page as a tiny icon. Once you get used to the system, however, it works fine.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Heather B.
Office
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2019

"We Love it!"

Comments: I think we would be lost without ACT! We have had it for 4+ years now and it seems to be the glue that holds all the information together!

Pros: Easy to input customer information. Easy to look up info. Print all our contracts and labels.

Cons: Recently started charging more. Meaning they now charge for each computer that has software running on it.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2019
Nathan J.
Product Technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"Small Business' should use ACT! for organizational needs."

Comments: As long as you are not trying to overload the system creating multiple profiles for many companies, this product works great for smaller companies trying to get their foot in the door for a cross connection software with sales, help desk for technical team, and financial support all in one.

Pros: You can input any information and update it and the information can be seen by anyone in the organization. Makes communication between teams very simple and quick.

Cons: I am not a fan of the way they use multiple contacts past two for a business. If there are a list of people to communicate with each profile has up to two contacts, with more than two a new profile for the company has to be created, creating multiple profiles for each company which can cause confusion for other sections of the company, including processing payments and sending to the wrong contact at the other end or returning a product to the wrong section of said business.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Louis C.
Prioject Manager
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Act! CRM gives our company what it needs . Ease of use which boosts our team's productivity output"

Comments: We are happy to upgrade to ACT CRM for their cloud based services, for Act's collection as well as consolidation of our sales data for marketing use and for new business acquisition . Act has also become
an off and online supplemental data base for our company.

Pros: We loved Act's flexibility and ease of use as each of our team members were able to use Act with their mobile devices and phones. Our team members reported that Act's updating process is quick, painless,
and automated. In addition , their user interface was quite intuitive and made for generation of highly
configurable reports in a timely manner .

Cons: We have found Act to be a solid and multi faceted CRM. However , we would love more tutorials on importing contacts for business use and referral. By importing we would value some kind of scan
utility feature for use with cell phones and tablets. That said , once a client enters contact information ,
Act will make a connection and provide information regarding parent companies or further supplemental data. This feature proves extremely useful.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Cody H.
Sales and Marketing
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"THe company has been using it for at least 10 years"

Comments: THere are a lot better CRM's out there figure out what you are using it for and what you need and start shopping I could suggest a few but to me they are a bit industry specific.

Pros: seems very simple and we had a long standing relationship with ACT with the in house CRM. So we had a lot of our contacts already on board and it does keep track of contacts.

Cons: When I came on board about 3 months ago I suggested going to the cloud the idea was well recieved and I contacted act. We intially had some issues uploading the information some of which I will admit was my own fault. when I did the software lagged extremely bad. I contacted the company spent almost 4 hours o the phone (mostly on hold) the first time and then didnt get a call back untill about 9:30 that night. Then the trial was running out with out the issue being resolved I asked them to extend it while we tried to fix the issue they told me I had to buy it and then they would be able to fix it....

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Ted S.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"One of the easiest CRMs to learn yet very robust"

Pros: I really like the layout and tab system for quickly navigating to relevant data and files attached to the case you are working on. ACT! Was the first CRM I learned to use and it has only gotten better with age.

Cons: I had a little difficulty figuring out how to get the datasets i needed to query properly but that wasn't a problem with their platform, it was a lack of knowledge.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
David O.
General Manager
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"Good As A Contact Manager, Not As A 2020 CRM"

Comments: ACT! was very helpful in moving our business forward at a time where we mainly needed to focus on contact management. Now that I need a true CRM, there are better alternatives for us.

Pros: I used ACT daily for years. It works well as a contact manager and can help track email conversions through an Outlook plugin.

Cons: The program lacks the advanced functionality you would expect with a modern day customer relationship management software. The design is also extremely dated.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Paul B.
Managing Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"A GOOD STABLE BASE FOR CRM ... JUST WISH ENHANCING WAS A LITTLE EASIER"

Comments: We need ACT, and it is the core of what we do. We would like to see ways that we can add depth and richness to a good platfrom

Pros: I like the fact that a team of 5 can share effectively in real time, I like the ease of changing layouts and adding fields, and with Seamless the ablity to easily prdcue high quality documenation. It's link to outlook and ODBC is good and it is a stable, which being at the core of our business is a good thing

Cons: There are many things I think we could do to be more productive but can't, and we do see fields being changed or lost "by themselves". The web version was a poor version of the Pro, and we haven't been able to make it available when offline, which is a frustration.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019