Filter by:

• Overall

About Premier

Premier is a cloud-based, all-in-one accounting, job costing, project/document/drawing management software voted #1 by Gartners.

Learn more about Premier

Judy L.
CFO in US

Love Jonas

4 2 years ago

Comments: My goal with Jonas was to implement a software that would take us into the future and allow some automation. The time savings I have seen has been incredible. It has allowed us to stay steady with the accounting staff we have with little to no overtime! The staff has been great and at times extremely patient with us.

Pros:

It is easy to get around the software. It is great to store all documents in one area. The drill down capabilities make it easy to get to documents without having to do dig for paper in a file. The financial reports are amazing. There are so many options it is great. You can make your own, but the canned solutions make month end reporting a snap. There is a job dashboard that will show you everything about a job at a glance. I am in this quite often for varying reason. There is a lot of information in a snapshot. I like that Jonas listens to the users and implements options that make sense. I also have a main go to person for customer service. He is amazing and listens. While he may not always agree, he will point out the reasons my solution will not work. Most of the time, he takes it to the team to further action. They have a great online search area. While there isn't a ton of people contributing, there are a good number that are consistent with good best practice advise (users like me).

Cons:

Check writing with lien waivers is a bit cumbersome. I can't wait for lien waiver tracking to be automated. There are so many fields we use, but Jonas doesn't use them in any way. For example: email addresses are just there, it would be nice if you could email people directly using these fields (invoices and pay apps?) Adhoc reporting does need some help. I am used to being able to get to all the fields and I cannot always get to the field I need.

John S.

Great experience

5 3 years ago

Comments: Although we are not a huge company, we have found that this software can be run with just one person. It doesn't necessarily take a whole team of people to keep up with the day to day accounting or project management operations. On our previous software, I had little time to do anything but accounting work; but with Premier, I now have time to get out of the office and quote work, while still keeping up with my accounting role.

Pros:

Jonas Premier has surpassed our expectations. Premier has reduced the overall time we spend on accounting procedures every month, allowing us to focus more of our attention on our customers needs, estimating, and selling jobs. There are many reports to make sure we stay on top of our AP and AR. Although we haven't started to use the Subcontract portion of the software yet, we are hopeful that it will streamline our subcontract agreement process. The Accounts Payable section is extremely easy to use, and with the Jonas Premier add-in for Excel, entering new information is a breeze.

Cons:

There are still a few small things that need to be worked out, mostly ease of use features. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to remember to post your work; for example, we pay bi-weekly, timecards must be posted each week, and then again at the end of the pay period. So, for a two week time period, I have entered and posted timecards on two occasions, but then after the second week is posted, you have to post the whole payroll period in a separate location.

David M.
General Manager in Canada

Robust Program

5 11 months ago

Comments: My AR and AP experience has been turned in to a good, logical, and easy to understand one.

Pros:

I especially like that there seems to be a function for everything I could imagine or want. Most of it I haven't begun to use yet but slowly I am learning more of it. The Premier help team is critically important in helping me learn the skills I want and need when I want them. I also really like how Premier won't allow information to be entered without all the required information. Makes it very easy to not miss critical details.

Cons:

I found the learning curve steep, especially with respect to how the program "thinks". The trickiest part was understanding how information flows through the system.

Hesam D.
Principal in Canada

Great Product by a Greater Team

4 2 years ago

Comments: The staff have been excellent in providing ongoing support.

Pros:

The integration of the project management and accounting modules.

Cons:

The Mobile app needs improvement specially for the site staff.

Nick C.
Controller in Canada

Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: excellent.

Pros:

Ease of use, drill down capabilities, reports and Dashboard.

Cons:

sluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.

Micah M.
Owner in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Jonas Premier consistently exceeds my expectations.

5 3 years ago

Comments: I've used several Job Cost Accounting software packages, from SAGE 100, SAGE 300, and ProContractor. Jonas Premier is by far my preferred package. I'm telling you, their support team and development team is amazing!

Pros:

This product is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve. The development team is AMAZING! They are generally interested in what features could be improved or introduced to make your workflow easier. The fact that the program is 100% Cloud Based makes things so much easier for us. Also, it is very easy to modify reports and forms as much as you want.. You don't have to use some awkward reporting engine, you can use Word and Excel to modify reports and get data in/out of the system with ease.

Cons:

I can't think of much - maybe that their office is in Canada and not across the hall or next door???

Mario T.
President in Canada

A President's Perspective

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I like the job dashboard, and was surprised to learn I can create a company budget which will be really useful for corporate to prepare and compare against budgets without having to utilize the project modules

Cons:

The program really needs a report to summarize revenue by client and the number of projects or even number of transactions. I would really like to see year over year, revenue by client, what the average revenue is per project and how many projects or transactions happen. Is this an active client, a big one with lot's of little jobs or a few big ones, etc. The same could apply for vendors. Employee reports could be improved. It is difficult to quickly see rolled up time for an employee or series of employee per projects with hour and dollar value totals. Project labour reports could be improved with getting total hours without having to export to excell

Chunrong H.
VP, Corportate Controller in Canada

Smooth/excellent TRANSITION with help of the JONAS implementation team

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The different models are excellent to meet the accounting requirements for contractor, construction and development companies. I especially like the excel uploading/downloading function which saved us a lot time! And compared with other softwares I implemented, the function to transfer beginning balance is an easy work now. The job costing model, the PO model and the Subcontract model are excellent and enable us to provide any reports that the projects team would request.

Cons:

I strongly suggest JONAS improve the customized report function. This function on the in-house version is perfect and hope the cloud version can do the same.

Travis W.
Project Administrator in US

Modern, Integrated and Fast

4 3 years ago

Comments: Through its use of customizable forms and general architecture, Premier eliminated a lot of duplicate or manual work for us.

Pros:

It's tailored to construction accounting and in that way is quite intuitive to use. At a performance level, it's fast on the Web and the various ways it shares and references data internally makes workflows quite speedy. It's also regularly updated with new features and they share their roadmap and vision going forward.

Cons:

While technically OS agnostic, it's not platform agnostic or mobile friendly as it requires the Chrome browser and it's not formatted for small screens. I'm not trying to do my full AP workflow on an iPhone, but I can't look up an invoice for reference or get a vendor contact out of the system in an easy way on mobile.

Julie K.
Accounts Receivable in US

For my role/responsibilities, I have nearly all that I need

5 last year

Pros:

The system is pretty user friendly and I can access everything I need to do my role within the company.

Cons:

I wish I was able to run more reports straight from Jonas vs having to use Excel Add-In. I don't like that the newest version of the Aged Receivable Report where the Job # and Job name are combined together in one field. This makes it difficult to sort/combine reports in Excel. Also, on the AR Customer Deposits Report, I wish there was an option to check so that it wouldn't include the lines with a 0.00 remaining balance.

Brandon M.
Systems Administrator in US

OSS Administrator Review

4 9 months ago

Comments: Overall good experience, support is hit or miss, but it seems they are building a team and a system that would improve this. Our struggles getting assistance with our SOX compliance has not been a good experience to the point where we love the product but may have to switch platforms to abide by our SOX legislation. This was not really a problem for us until we were acquired by a publicly-traded company.

Pros:

It is fairly easy to use. I like the training seminars and how frequent they are.

Cons:

Lack of SOX compliance or access to change logs and other detailed reports that would make the software SOX friendly.

Lissy M.
Accoutant in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Very helpful and very prompt with answers

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It is a very trouble free system to use most of the time, Jonas support team as been helpful during our difficult times with the system.

Cons:

Having trouble with reports and providing what my supervisor needs on some reports and not having descriptions on those reports. Also, when needing to change the distribution of an invoice is not simple and easy as it should be, we need to reserve the invoice completely and re enter it with the correct distribution.

Lizbeth P.

Awesome Software

5 last year

Comments: It's been great! Customer support is great and we've had a positive experience so far.

Pros:

The reports in Premier are amazing and very easy to use/understand. It's so easy to access information by vendors, by project, by account! They have drill down features on their reports as well which makes it easy to keep track of where you are with a project. I also really love the Job Dashboard. This dashboard allows me to keep track of compliances, retainage and AP for my job.

Cons:

We initially did struggle to bring over some of our information per project. It would be nice to be able to easily adjust opening invoices.

Claire B.
Controller in Canada
Design, 2-10 Employees

Jonas Premiere SW review

5 3 years ago

Comments: Before moving to Jonas the job costing was all being done on excel spreadsheets - which is very prone to error and required much manual entry and duplication of entry leading to errors. Jonas job costing has solved the management of that.

Pros:

It is a very robust system - there is great value for money given what the software can do for the cost. The progress invoice application system provides great reports. Great integration between Job cost and GL.

Cons:

Some times it hangs and have to shut down and come back in. Get some weird error messages sometimes. Best then to shut down and start over.

Agi D.
Office Manager in Canada

review

5 2 years ago

Comments: when dealing one on one with customer support it ha been great. when calling in to help line it could take awhile to get an answer.

Pros:

As we go through the learning process I realize the software can do a lot we just have to learn how to use all the modules. it can save us a lot of time on from the way we were previously doing things.

Cons:

some of the reporting features are not there.

Kelsey K.
Admin Assistant in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Awesome Product

5 last year

Pros:

Premier really makes tracking contract documents much easier. I've been using Premier mainly for submittals and other functionalities on the project management side and i've been thoroughly enjoying all the features. I absolutely love the Job Dashboard because it gives a great overview of the project, of what is outstanding and helps us stay on track. We also love working with the customer support team as they respond very fast and are flexible with their clients.

Cons:

Daily Job Log needs some work but the team is working on revamping this feature.

Julia R.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Finally a program for contractors built by contracotrs

5 7 years ago

Comments: Pros: only use what you need, easy to navigate between modules, great reporting capabilities, easy user set up - users only have access to what they need to do their job. Easy AP and AR. Forms are customizable and Word, Excel and Outlook Add-ins are available. There is an online community of users you can search for answers in, you can vote on other user ideas and submit your own to Jonas to see if they would consider implementing. They are always progressing based on the user needs. Cons: If you are looking to go live and start using this program right away it might not be for you. There are about 15-20 training sessions that should be attended with homework along the way. We've been told there is a "fast track" way to speed up the training sessions if needed. Also, we just discovered any invoice entry into the program during training will not transmit to your real company when you go live. So don't try to do real time accounting during training and hope to use it in the future, just use the time to practice and understand the system. Details: You will have to dedicate time to the training sessions, homework and 1 on 1 sessions with Jonas employees. While you are in training you get to use a test company to practice and are actually setting up your OWN company structure - banking, GL, customers, vendors, employees, cost codes, etc.... we used ViewPoint Construction software for years and finally decided the version we were using was too expensive and too intense for our needs.

Stacey J.
AP in US

Premier Construction Software review

5 last year

Pros:

The things I liked the most about Premier construction was the online invoice review that my superintendents can use while on the job site. It is so much easier to have them review and approve invoices. Also, I LOVE being able to send contracts electronically through premier to subcontractors and have them sign electronically, no more scanning.

Cons:

There are no things that I don't like about the software, anything that I questioned or had a hard time with Premier support fixed or helped me with quickly.

Kate D.
Office Administrator in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Software Support review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Having to go through all this to give a good review for customer support was a pain. Just wanted to tell you that representative (Premier Support) <[email protected]> was vey helpful and prompt in addressing my problem.

Pros:

Easy to use. Good reporting system. Good AP system.

Cons:

That you can't copy vendor information between projects. It would be nice to be able to enter the vendor once and then assign it to a project or projects.

Chona M.
AP Accountant in Canada

Jonas functions

4 9 months ago

Pros:

I like the Subcontract report and the AP-Vendor inquiry and AP Invoice registry Report.

Cons:

there are functions I hope should and not be routing through EXCEL instead readily available and visible directly in Jonas. One thing is about the Payment Run- I can't print cheque if someone is also in the Payment Run tab. I hope we do it simultaneously.

Denise C.

Growing Software with Growing Company

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use, paperless documentation, willingness to improve with customer's needs, friendly and fun people

Cons:

Combined growing pains of our company with Jonas Premier's growing pains resulted in poor customer response

Samuel K.
Director of Marketing & IT in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

The custom service has been stellar. Everyone is very easy to work with and always happy to help!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The easy integration was the best part about this product. I have been through many accounting integrations and this was by far the easiest.

Cons:

The usability of the software has a bit to be desired. Scrolling and looking for in information it can be tedious to drag scroll bars. Hopefully the new software will be easier to work with windows.

Baycliffe S.
Management in Canada

Jonas Premier

5 3 years ago

Pros:

-easy to use -customer support staff are very knowledgeable and helpful

Cons:

-didn't know about this software sooner

Corbett L.
Director of Operations in US
Construction

Transitioning from mulitple to a Single Source Software

Pros:

We're just getting started with this program and are really excited to be able to manage all our projects through one system. The ability to manage all project management and accounting through a single source should really help streamline our operations and communications between office and field activities. Setting warnings and workflow approval processes are paramount to us having success and becoming more efficient in our production and expediting payments. All of this can be done in this software.

Cons:

Haven't found anything I "Don't Like" yet... What I can say though, is that anytime I have an issue finding anything or working with the system, or even "I think this would be better if"... the Jonas team always helps us out, listens to our suggestions, and then they really look into making changes or improvements, like "Scrolling" through all the data! But if I were to suggest.... -Help Menu with all functions of software -Custom reporting options

Jesse K.
CFO in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Our experience with Premier.

5 last year

Comments: Premier has helped us strengthen our construction management and accounting efforts and we are happy with it.

Pros:

The ability to manage our construction contracts and commitments is very helpful to us. Also, Premier's accounting/general ledger component is easy to use and has helped us strengthen our accounting program.

Cons:

We have not encountered any problems with Premier.